PDA

View Full Version : Fox Has Offered Panthers RB Coach Jim Skipper Position

WARHORSE
01-25-2011, 01:36 PM
I like Eric Studsville, but let the production show theres something amiss.
Blame it on the scheme, blame it on the back, blame it on the coach......whatever....still remains something has to be done differently this year for the Broncos running game.

Jim Skipper is like a Turner clone. I sure hope he comes here. The production in Carolina is second to none over the past few years.

Skipper said Monday afternoon he thought the meeting with Rivera went well, as they spent "a good bit of time," going over the team's personnel and scheme. However, a league source said the Panthers have planned more interviews for the vacant position, and that the Panthers gave Skipper little indication he was a legitimate candidate for the job.

That would come as a disappointment to the team's returning backs, all of whom had lobbied for Skipper in recent weeks. Skipper, who turned 62 Sunday, would be the oldest coach on the staff if he returned. They hired soon-to-be 60-year-old offensive line coach John Matsko from Baltimore, but otherwise all the assistants the 49-year-old Rivera has hired have skewed younger.

Skipper said he's got a standing offer for a spot on former coach John Fox in Denver for an undetermined position. The Broncos retained incumbent running backs coach Eric Studesville after his stint as interim head coach last season. He's also had inquiries from a few other NFL teams, but is weighing whether he wants to make the rounds of more interviews.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/01/24/2006605/skipper-interviews-but-may-not.html#ixzz1C4cqnrYa

SOCALORADO.
01-25-2011, 02:05 PM
http://macleans.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/131.jpg?w=466

slim
01-25-2011, 02:18 PM
Studes has never been the coach of a successful running game.

None of the offenses he coached in Buffalo finished in the top 10 in rushing and we all know how pathetic the running game was here in 2010. I wish they had gone in a different direction.

TXBRONC
01-25-2011, 02:29 PM
Maybe with better coaching on the offensive line and move back to the zone blocking system his running backs will be more productive.

slim
01-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Maybe with better coaching on the offensive line and move back to the zone blocking system his running backs will be more productive.

Maybe.

I know it's not fair to lay the running game solely at the feet of the RB coach, but I like to generalize whenever possible :D

SOCALORADO.
01-25-2011, 02:44 PM
Maybe.

I know it's not fair to lay the running game solely at the feet of the RB coach, but I like to generalize whenever possible :D

Ive been generalizing about the whole Cutler drama all day so dont worry about it!:D

hotcarl
01-25-2011, 04:33 PM
they are offering him the position of runningbacks coach coach

he will coach and train studious eric in the ways of his lord and master, john fox and also train him to be a real coach instead of a can of dung

WARHORSE
01-25-2011, 07:19 PM
they are offering him the position of runningbacks coach coach

he will coach and train studious eric in the ways of his lord and master, john fox and also train him to be a real coach instead of a can of dung

:shocked:

You really ought to consider therapy.

Heard of bounce therapy?

You jump off the highest building you can find.

Very theraputic and helpful to many, many embattled people.:D

DenBronx
01-25-2011, 08:51 PM
I would really like this hire.

What would happen to Studes then?

dogfish
01-25-2011, 09:02 PM
I would really like this hire.

What would happen to Studes then?

docked down to groundskeeper?

forced to shovel thunder's stable?

sent to the CFL?

forced to retire and live off food stamps?

nah. . . nothing would "happen" to studes. . . if they bring skipper in, he'll be given a different title-- like "offensive assistant," or more likely "head coach/offense" or "running game coordinator". . .

they won't stiff studes once he's already been offered a job-- josh mcdaniels' idea of integrity aside, i don't think we're that kind of organization. . .

DenBronx
01-25-2011, 09:05 PM

sent to the CFL?

nah. . . nothing would "happen" to studes. . . if they bring skipper in, he'll be given a different title-- like "offensive assistant," or more likely "head coach/offense" or "running game coordinator". . .

they won't stiff studes once he's already been offered a job-- josh mcdaniels' idea of integrity aside, i don't think we're that kind of organization. . .

so he would be brought in to coach studes and studes would coach the RB's?

got it. :lol:

hotcarl
01-25-2011, 09:07 PM
so he would be brought in to coach studes and studes would coach the RB's?

got it. :lol:

i think thats what i said, dont be a can of dung

DenBronx
01-25-2011, 09:27 PM
i think thats what i said, dont be a can of dung

well i dont really read your post because they have no depth to them.

and i usually read the beggining of a thread then skip down to the bottom to get current news on a topic.

so dont be gay.

TXBRONC
01-25-2011, 11:35 PM

sent to the CFL?

Cleaning out Thunder's stall might be easier than waiting around in the shit left behind by McDaniels. :D

bcbronc
01-26-2011, 12:53 AM
we still need an "offense quality control" guy. whatever the **** that is.

dogfish
01-26-2011, 02:40 AM
we still need an "offense quality control" guy. whatever the **** that is.

i'm not sure, but it sounds like a ben mcdaniels kind of position. . .

does fox have any relatives that need jobs?

bcbronc
01-26-2011, 03:46 AM
I'll be his third cousin if it gets me a job.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-26-2011, 06:49 AM
I read an article about it somewhere early on (right after Fox was hired, I forget where) and they said he wanted to bring in Skipper to essentially be his "right hand man". Skipper was kind of that guy in Carolina as the RB coach. Studes is the RB coach this year and I think Skipper will be given the title "Assistant Head Coach, Offense" or something like that.

He'll probably oversee all the other offensive coaches, even McCoy. As long as he can get our running game out of the toilet, I don't care what they call him! Oh, and bring in Deangelo Williams, too.