PDA

View Full Version : John Lynch speaks about Cutler issue

Northman
01-25-2011, 05:54 AM
Per tweet from Radio show host Todd Wright.

John Lynch tonight just told me, "All I can say is, as a former teammate of Jay Cutler's in Denver, his toughness was beyond reproach."

Dean
01-25-2011, 07:27 AM
If J-Lynch is backing Jay's toughness, it's good enough for me.

EMB6903
01-25-2011, 07:52 AM
Not questioning Jay's physical toughness... Had the game been close I feel like he would come back, that obviously wasnt the case.

Juriga72
01-25-2011, 08:13 AM
Not questioning Jay's physical toughness... Had the game been close I feel like he would come back, that obviously wasnt the case.

Yetserday the Bears sideline reporter said thet Cutler was yelling at Smith when they put Collins in...When they showed him "Sulking" on the sideline they had just had words.

OF course that just shows Cutler is so selfish that he would put himself ahead of the team JUST to play poorly...

Podcast-
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/?podcast_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.podtrac.com%2Fpts%2F redirect.mp3%2Fnyc.podcast.play.it%2Fmedia%2Fd0%2F d0%2Fd0%2FdW%2FdN%2Fd8%2Fd2%2FWN82_3.MP3%3Fauthtok %3D5561361597031548838_IfcXmBm475Tsp5HyygWMYOb8IY&podcast_name=Boers+and+Bernstein+Hour+5+-+1%2F24%2F11&podcast_artist=Boers+and+Bernstein&station_id=391&tag=pages&dcid=CBS.CHI

atwater27
01-25-2011, 09:10 AM
Game set match. Next.

honz
01-25-2011, 09:31 AM
Who cares if he was injured or not. He played like garbage and got outplayed by Caleb Hanie. He overthrew wide open WR's that would have been TD's just like in the Buffalo game we needed to win in order to clinch a playoff spot a couple years ago.

Juriga72
01-25-2011, 09:37 AM
Who cares if he was injured or not. He played like garbage and got outplayed by Caleb Hanie. He overthrew wide open WR's that would have been TD's just like in the Buffalo game we needed to win in order to clinch a playoff spot a couple years ago.

Very true.... Of course he didnt throw two pick sixes like in the KC game we needed to win in 09.....

His play during the game sucked. no question.

His toughness also no question here IMHO.

BUT still because I'm sure Green Bay spent all week going "Man...we are SCREWED if Hanie gets in.. we better watch tape on him instead of Cutler"

Hanie > Cutler......lmao

honz
01-25-2011, 09:44 AM
I'm not saying Hanie > Cutler, I'm being a dick.

Juriga72
01-25-2011, 09:53 AM
I'm not saying Hanie > Cutler, I'm being a dick.

Honz.. NOT directed at you... Just the Bears message board guys who are saying that same thing....

"DUDE!!!!! Hanie ATE the Packers up!!!!!!! IF we bench Cutler next year for Hanie... Super Bowl!!!!!!"

lol

TXBRONC
01-25-2011, 09:55 AM

Ok last year if we had just spilt the last four games we would have been in the playoffs. I can't recall you ever being critical of Orton. I know I could be mistaken but I honestly don't recall you ever getting on Orton for any of those games most especially the K.C. game. There is no real difference in what was needed to get into the playoffs.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

SOCALORADO.
01-25-2011, 09:56 AM
Very true.... Of course he didnt throw two pick sixes like in the KC game we needed to win in 09.....

His play during the game sucked. no question.

His toughness also no question here IMHO.

BUT still because I'm sure Green Bay spent all week going "Man...we are SCREWED if Hanie gets in.. we better watch tape on him instead of Cutler"

Hanie > Cutler......lmao

I think folks give Pickler the benefit of the doubt in regards to his knee "sprain". Or whatever the Bears FO has released as their official injury discription. And thats fine. I and many others accept that.
Now on to before he was "injured".
Pickler played like pure crap, and deserved to be benched anyways. His "injury" took care of the benching, and everyone got to see Pickler for what he is on the sidelines. A butt-hurt, sulking, punk who could get up and walk around by himself, and wear his Ipod, but wouldnt wear a headset and help his fellow, teammate QB.
Pickler has some kind of personal issue i think.
He really may be gay (not that theres anything wrong with that!) and hes dealing with trying to keep his personal life...personal. Or hes just a real homebody, and he doesnt do well with high intensity stress. I think he just mails it in and is content to be a millionaire and just kick it on the sidelienes, smirking a prickish frown after he throws 5 picks in a game.
But theres something about his mental state thats not right, and it isnt the diabetes. Or maybe it is. I suspect its something else. The whole makeover when he went to CHI didnt work, and it has to do with his personality. Its very strange. I dont think its a depression, but hes just not right.
Something is mentally wrong with that guy right now. It might be a phase.

Juriga72
01-25-2011, 10:05 AM
I think folks give Pickler the benefit of the doubt in regards to his knee "sprain". Or whatever the Bears FO has released as their official injury discription. And thats fine. I and many others accept that.
Pickler played like pure crap, and deserved to be benched anyways. His "injury" took care of the benching, and everyone got to see Pickler for what he is on the sidelines. A butt-hurt, sulking, punk who could get up and walk around by himself, and wear his Ipod, but wouldnt wear a headset and help his fellow, teammate QB.
He really may be gay (not that theres anything wrong with that!) and hes dealing with trying to keep his personal life...personal. Or hes just a real homebody, and he doesnt do well with high intensity stress. I think he just mails it in and is content to be a millionaire and just kick it on the sidelienes, smirking a prickish frown after he throws 5 picks in a game.
But theres something about his mental state thats not right, and it isnt the diabetes. Or maybe it is. I suspect its something else. The whole makeover when he went to CHI didnt work, and it has to do with his personality. Its very strange. I dont think its a depression, but hes just not right.

Socolo....

BUT he didn do THAT....LOL. Like I already posted- the Bears Sideline reporter who sat NEXT to Cutler during the game said he did EVERYTHING you said he didnt do.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/?podcast_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.podtrac.com%2Fpts%2F redirect.mp3%2Fnyc.podcast.play.it%2Fmedia%2Fd0%2F d0%2Fd0%2FdW%2FdN%2Fd8%2Fd2%2FWN82_3.MP3%3Fauthtok %3D5561361650904021688_jDjuqwyZZJFMRp4R7xyNLBOdHw&podcast_name=Boers+and+Bernstein+Hour+5+-+1%2F24%2F11&podcast_artist=Boers+and+Bernstein&station_id=391&tag=pages&dcid=CBS.CHI

Hell... EVEN Hanie said after the game "Jay helped me inbetween series...."

Cutler was yelling at Smith for taking him out, THATS when you saw the "pouty face Jay"...

Again taking that 5 second snapshot from FOX does not prove anything. I rather would listen to the sideline report who sat next to Jay watching him all second half.

EVEN Urlacher who did call him a PU**Y, got up and almost killed the guy who asked him about "Was Jay really hurt"....

Oh and BTW.... Boers and Berstien (Afternoon show) both HATE Cutler for his "Jerk face play"....So that tells you how sad this crap is.

SOCALORADO.
01-25-2011, 10:22 AM
Socolo....

BUT he didn do THAT....LOL. Like I already posted- the Bears Sideline reporter who sat NEXT to Cutler during the game said he did EVERYTHING you said he didnt do.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/?podcast_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.podtrac.com%2Fpts%2F redirect.mp3%2Fnyc.podcast.play.it%2Fmedia%2Fd0%2F d0%2Fd0%2FdW%2FdN%2Fd8%2Fd2%2FWN82_3.MP3%3Fauthtok %3D5561361650904021688_jDjuqwyZZJFMRp4R7xyNLBOdHw&podcast_name=Boers+and+Bernstein+Hour+5+-+1%2F24%2F11&podcast_artist=Boers+and+Bernstein&station_id=391&tag=pages&dcid=CBS.CHI

Hell... EVEN Hanie said after the game "Jay helped me inbetween series...."

Cutler was yelling at Smith for taking him out, THATS when you saw the "pouty face Jay"...

Again taking that 5 second snapshot from FOX does not prove anything. I rather would listen to the sideline report who sat next to Jay watching him all second half.

EVEN Urlacher who did call him a PU**Y, got up and almost killed the guy who asked him about "Was Jay really hurt"....

Yeah, ah i am not so sure about the reporters..."report".
I still say there something wrong mentally with that guy.
And when and why did Urlacher call Intler a pu**y? Long before?

Also, you do know that i was one of like 6 posters who were lobbying and ranting for DEN to draft Cutler before the 06 draft right!?!?
Not Young, not Leinart, not anyone else, but Cutler. Specifically Cutler.
I was jumping up and down (making a complete fool of myself) yelling yes! Yes! Yes! when DEN traded up and took him. Then i had to defend the pick for months on end at the mane.

I get it. Hes physically talented. I get that hes the prototype, strong armed QB. I know, i campaigned endlessly for these very reasons for him to be drafted by DEN. (Not that my opinion mattered to the FO.)
Still doesnt change the fact that hes Jeff George mentally all over again, and Caleb Hanie out-played a healthy Pickler in a huge game when it really mattered.

TXBRONC
01-25-2011, 10:30 AM
Yeah, ah i am not so sure about the reporters..."report".
I still say there something wrong mentally with that guy.
And when and why did Urlacher call Intler a pu**y? Long before?

Also, you do know that i was one of like 6 posters who were lobbying and ranting for DEN to draft Cutler before the 06 draft right!?!?
Not Young, not Leinart, not anyone else, but Cutler. Specifically Cutler.
I was jumping up and down (making a complete fool of myself) yelling yes! Yes! Yes! when DEN traded up and took him. Then i had to defend the pick for months on end at the mane.

I get it. Hes physically talented. I get that hes the prototype, strong armed QB. I know, i campaigned endlessly for these very reasons for him to be drafted by DEN. (Not that my opinion mattered to the FO.)
Still doesnt change the fact that hes Jeff George mentally all over again, and Caleb Hanie out-played a healthy Pickler in a huge game when it really mattered.

Can you prove the reporter wrong?

Lonestar
01-25-2011, 10:32 AM
Honz.. NOT directed at you... Just the Bears message board guys who are saying that same thing....

"DUDE!!!!! Hanie ATE the Packers up!!!!!!! IF we bench Cutler next year for Hanie... Super Bowl!!!!!!"

lol
Then you probably need to go there and argue your point and not do it here.
Insulting respected posters with your man love for him.
No one here has implied that the kid is better than the punk.

Just that he is a punk, always has been a punk, and If he does not turn himself around always will be a punk.

SOCALORADO.
01-25-2011, 10:41 AM
Can you prove the reporter wrong?

I dont want to prove the reporter wrong.
Reporters do and say what they want to say these days to fit thier own desires.
Pickler played so bad BEFORE the injury, that he deserved to be benched.
Thats it. Thats all anyone needs to know about the story of Jay Pickler in the NFCCG. He sucked and he was benched. By his own knee. Or the coach. Or himself. Whatever. He was benched and the 3rd stringer came in and outplayed him.

Mike
01-25-2011, 10:47 AM
Jay Cutler is mentally soft and he plays like it. The stage was set and he failed.

TXBRONC
01-25-2011, 10:47 AM
I dont want to prove the reporter wrong.
Reporters do and say what they want to say these days to fit thier own desires.
Pickler played so bad BEFORE the injury, that he deserved to be benched.
Thats it. Thats all anyone needs to know about the story of Jay Pickler in the NFCCG. He sucked and he was benched. By his own knee. Or the coach. Or himself. Whatever. He was benched and the 3rd stringer came in and outplayed him.

No he was taken out of game because he was injured that's a fact.

SOCALORADO.
01-25-2011, 10:56 AM
No he was taken out of game because he was injured that's a fact.

No, thats the Chicago Bears official statement of why he was taken out.
Who knows what happened at halftime.

Juriga72
01-25-2011, 10:58 AM
Jay Cutler is mentally soft and he plays like it. The stage was set and he failed.

SO the fact that Green Bay's defense LED the NFL in "Oposing QB ratings" with a 67 means nothing?

How about Matty "Iceman" Ryan and his two picks losing at home (WHICH they never do)... Was the "Stage set there"?

Green Bay's defense had sacked Cutler 11 times in 2.5 games this year.
Oh BTW could you explain to me why ""Chicago punted at the Green Bay 31" too.... cause THAT stage was set.

Seriously.... dont let facts get in the way of hate.

Juriga72
01-25-2011, 11:00 AM

Uh... We do. Cutler left early to go in and got treatment.

He got treatment and came out last.

He tried to go and looked even worse.

He tried to losen up the knee on the sidelines.

He TALKED with Hanie on the sidelines.

So yeah we "KNOW what happened".... but hate will prevail.

Juriga72
01-25-2011, 11:02 AM
Then you probably need to go there and argue your point and not do it here.
Insulting respected posters with your man love for him.
No one here has implied that the kid is better than the punk.

Just that he is a punk, always has been a punk, and If he does not turn himself around always will be a punk.

You shouldnt be insulted the least bit then......:coffee:

Mike
01-25-2011, 11:05 AM
SO the fact that Green Bay's defense LED the NFL in "Oposing QB ratings" with a 67 means nothing?

How about Matty "Iceman" Ryan and his two picks losing at home (WHICH they never do)... Was the "Stage set there"?

Oh BTW could you explain to me why ""Chicago punted at the Green Bay 31" too.... cause THAT stage was set.

No problem, I won't let any of those bs excuses get in the way of my belief that Cutler is a mental midget who crapped the bed when his team and fans needed him. :beer:

Lonestar
01-25-2011, 11:11 AM

The fqcts are jay was given a huge contract to beat division teams, to win in the playoffs.

He failed because he is a punk, mentally soft and does not have "it".

They are pissed because they just figured it out.

We all saw it when the bolts beat him every time like a rented mule.

Let the man love go. You will survive.

Lonestar
01-25-2011, 11:15 AM
You shouldnt be insulted the least bit then......:coffee:

Was not talking about me but honz and just about everyone else here.

Cugel
01-25-2011, 11:21 AM

Boy! All the worms are out of the woodwork now! "I always hated Cutler! He sucks! He didn't want to play in Denver! Wah! Wah!" :coffee:

Guy missed some passes, and was sulking on the sidelines because he'd just gotten benched after his knee buckled trying to hand the ball off.

The idiots want to have it both ways: "Cutler was a wussy because he came out after he tweaked his knee." "Cutler was sulking because he wanted to go back in and the coach said no." :coffee:

You've been waiting all year to be able to scream "Cutler sucks!" And it just burned you all year that he was leading his team to the NFC Championship game while the coach you all insisted was so great was destroying the Broncos and Kyle Orton, the guy you all said was "better than cry-baby Cutler" was imploding.

Congrats. Cutler had a bad game. :coffee:

So did Aaron Rodgers with 2 INTs and nobody's talking about him. Maybe that's because his defense outplayed the Bears' defense.

Hanie? He thew 2 key picks. "Almost won?" Guy threw a pick TD to Raji, and that guy is barely more mobile than a street sign. That's like being unable to miss the side of a building with a pass. :coffee:

Somehow I don't think the Bears' problems are Cutler. They got outplayed. Period. Their Special Teams did nothing and were outplayed by the Packers' Special Teams. Devin Hester was a total NON-Factor. Their defense was outplayed by the Packers' defense. AND Aaron Rogers didn't have a great day, but he did better than Cutler/Hanie and Green Bay's WRs are better than Chicago's.

TXBRONC
01-25-2011, 11:23 AM

No it's fact. You saying otherwise doesn't make so.

Cugel
01-25-2011, 11:32 AM
The fqcts are jay was given a huge contract to beat division teams, to win in the playoffs.

He failed because he is a punk, mentally soft and does not have "it".

They are pissed because they just figured it out.

We all saw it when the bolts beat him every time like a rented mule.

Let the man love go. You will survive.

Yeah, sure. Cutler wants out of Denver, so "he sucks." :coffee:

The Chargers beat the Broncos every year because Cutler gave up 55 points on defense and fell down trying to cover Vincent Jackson in the end-zone a couple times a game. :coffee:

Got it. He can never have any success because it was just the Bears Defense that was good. Cutler sucked all the way to the NFC Championship game.

Uh, huh. And now that he had a bad game, you get to vent all your anger that you were TOTALLY WRONG about how great McDaniels was and how wonderful Kyle Orton was going to be.

I'd say YOU'RE the one who needs to get over it.

I seem to remember that John Elway sucked in 3 Super Bowls, but then he didn't leave town. I suppose if he had, then we'd have idiots still arguing that "Elway was overrated" to this day. (Colts fans actually did argue that way for years!)

Ravage!!!
01-25-2011, 11:37 AM

Guess who else got out played by Hanie.. Aaron Rodgers. Thats just a stupid statement.

SOCALORADO.
01-25-2011, 11:40 AM
Boy! All the worms are out of the woodwork now! "I always hated Cutler! He sucks! He didn't want to play in Denver! Wah! Wah!" :coffee:

Guy missed some passes, and was sulking on the sidelines because he'd just gotten benched after his knee buckled trying to hand the ball off.

The idiots want to have it both ways: "Cutler was a wussy because he came out after he tweaked his knee." "Cutler was sulking because he wanted to go back in and the coach said no." :coffee:

You've been waiting all year to be able to scream "Cutler sucks!" And it just burned you all year that he was leading his team to the NFC Championship game while the coach you all insisted was so great was destroying the Broncos and Kyle Orton, the guy you all said was "better than cry-baby Cutler" was imploding.

Congrats. Cutler had a bad game. :coffee:

So did Aaron Rodgers with 2 INTs and nobody's talking about him. Maybe that's because his defense outplayed the Bears' defense.

Hanie? He thew 2 key picks. "Almost won?" Guy threw a pick TD to Raji, and that guy is barely more mobile than a street sign. That's like being unable to miss the side of a building with a pass. :coffee:

Somehow I don't think the Bears' problems are Cutler. They got outplayed. Period. Their Special Teams did nothing and were outplayed by the Packers' Special Teams. Devin Hester was a total NON-Factor. Their defense was outplayed by the Packers' defense. AND Aaron Rogers didn't have a great day, but he did better than Cutler/Hanie and Green Bay's WRs are better than Chicago's.

Ah, i never stated that i hated Cutler, and have never been one to complain about him leaving DEN. Ever. I have given him nothing but praise until he began to show signs of being mentally frail.
But he is soft, and he is a punk.
Sorry, but his preformance just proves it.
I dont care about anyone else who played in the game and how they did.
Thats irrelevant, except for Hanie who didnt even know the playbook or gameplan and outplayed Intler.
Pickler=Jeff George 2.0

Ravage!!!
01-25-2011, 11:40 AM
They didn't pull him because he was ineffective. Thats just dumb. The Bear's chances are the BEST with Cutler int he game who has provd to be a VERY good 4th quarter QB. Rodgers was playing bad and completely ineffective for GB, should they have pulled him? No. You still with the best guy on the team. They are both going against tough defenses.

Cutler tore his MCL, can't take cortizone, and you guys feel its all because he "quit Denver."

Ravage!!!
01-25-2011, 11:43 AM

actually..its a FACT he was injured. Your's is pure speculation and imagination.

SOCALORADO.
01-25-2011, 11:47 AM
Yeah, sure. Cutler wants out of Denver, so "he sucks." :coffee:

The Chargers beat the Broncos every year because Cutler gave up 55 points on defense and fell down trying to cover Vincent Jackson in the end-zone a couple times a game. :coffee:

Got it. He can never have any success because it was just the Bears Defense that was good. Cutler sucked all the way to the NFC Championship game.

Uh, huh. And now that he had a bad game, you get to vent all your anger that you were TOTALLY WRONG about how great McDaniels was and how wonderful Kyle Orton was going to be.

I'd say YOU'RE the one who needs to get over it.

I seem to remember that John Elway sucked in 3 Super Bowls, but then he didn't leave town. I suppose if he had, then we'd have idiots still arguing that "Elway was overrated" to this day. (Colts fans actually did argue that way for years!)

The sparklers beat the Broncos because DEN was out manned in every position. Including QB.
Thats actually when most of us realized or at least began to have a concern for Intler's mentality.
You remember right?
When River clowned Intler in front of everyone including all the folks watching at home, and no one, NO ONE on the Denver Broncos backed Intler up. Not one player. Not one offensive player backed him up. Not one Denver Bronco defensive player came out the very next series and told Rivers to shut his f'n pie hole, or he would f him up.
Nope, nothing, nada, zip, zilch from the Denver Broncos players in defense of the "leader".
I guess Brian Urlacher who according to posters here, told Pickler he was a pu**y, now has his back after the fact.

SOCALORADO.
01-25-2011, 11:53 AM
actually..its a FACT he was injured. Your's is pure speculation and imagination.

Sorta like the imaginary help he was giving his back-up QB (who out played him) on the sideline.
While listening to his Ipod of course.
http://blog.eastbay.com/shoes/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/jay-cutler-reebok-nfl-sideline-2nd-seaosn-knit-cap.jpg

Ravage!!!
01-25-2011, 11:58 AM
Every report, even from the QB himself, said he was talkign with Hanie between series. Just because a picture shows him sitting, means nothing.

Urlacher and Lynch both have talked about how tough he is.

Its also ridiculous to say that Hanie "out played" him. THats an ignorant statement that I'm very surprised that Im hearing from so many posters I respect. ITs a stupid statement.

TXBRONC
01-25-2011, 12:05 PM
Sorta like the imaginary help he was giving his back-up QB (who out played him) on the sideline.
While listening to his Ipod of course.
http://blog.eastbay.com/shoes/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/jay-cutler-reebok-nfl-sideline-2nd-seaosn-knit-cap.jpg

That picture doesn't prove you right.

vandammage13
01-25-2011, 12:07 PM
Every report, even from the QB himself, said he was talkign with Hanie between series. Just because a picture shows him sitting, means nothing.

Its also ridiculous to say that Hanie "out played" him. THats an ignorant statement that I'm very surprised that Im hearing from so many posters I respect. ITs a stupid statement.

Although Cutler is surely a better quarterback than Hanie (I don't think many people would argue this), Hanie did outplay Cutler in that particular game.

jhildebrand
01-25-2011, 12:07 PM
I wasn't sad to see Cutler go but in hindsight even I have to admit it was probably a mistake-a huge one.

Say what you want about the guy. Say the game on sunday was too big. Say the stage was too big. Say he collapsed under pressure. Question his throws and decisions on the field.

But don't sit here and question the guy's toughness! That is simply pompous and arrogant to assume that any ONE person on this board knows what it is like to be hit by anybody in the NFL. No one person here knows truly and sincerely just how bad Jay was hurt!

At the ened of the day, I see a guy who was crushed and demoralized in a 9 sack game against the giants earlier this season. Don't forget, that was just sacks! There were many more pressures and knock downs. The kid came back from that and LEAD his team to the NFCCG. Not one pundit had the Bears in the NFCCG! They all had them competing with the Lions for last in the North. That team had some serious limitations and Jay was able to overcome a lot of that. Orton may have had some pretty numbers but Jay had the results. That simple fact tells me that not only was the trade for Orton a big mistake but that McDaniels probably doesn't know QB's as well as every McD supporter around here contends he does!

Ravage!!!
01-25-2011, 12:09 PM
Although Cutler is surely a better quarterback than Hanie (I don't think many people would argue this), Hanie did outplay Cutler in that particular game.

No.. he didn't. Cutler didn't play the second half, we dont' know what would have happened, its speculation. We also saw Hanie "out play" Rodgers. I would bet, that if Hanie started the game, his second half would NOT have been as good because the defense would have had something on him.

Its just silly.

SOCALORADO.
01-25-2011, 12:11 PM

How many players also have stated that Cutler seems or appears to be soft?
Maybe he isnt soft, but the perception matters, especially if your a "leader" who's been referred to as a "pu**y by a teammate who says so, then turns around and says hes tough.
As for Hanie. He came in and gave his team a chance to win, and as a 3rd stringer who is asked to do this in the NFCCG on a moments notice is nothing short of incredible. HE WAS MENTALLY PREPARED. He didnt know the playbook, and its no fault of his own running the practice squad. It doesnt matter what the other team didnt do considering who CHI had at QB.
Obviously Pickler is a much more talented QB physically, but theres a real problem with him mentally. And no matter what really happened, its only going to get worse now, cause he is really, really going to be under the microscope now.

vandammage13
01-25-2011, 12:13 PM
I wasn't sad to see Cutler go but in hindsight even I have to admit it was probably a mistake-a huge one.

Say what you want about the guy. Say the game on sunday was too big. Say the stage was too big. Say he collapsed under pressure. Question his throws and decisions on the field.

But don't sit here and question the guy's toughness! That is simply pompous and arrogant to assume that any ONE person on this board knows what it is like to be hit by anybody in the NFL. No one person here knows truly and sincerely just how bad Jay was hurt!

At the ened of the day, I see a guy who was crushed and demoralized in a 9 sack game against the giants earlier this season. Don't forget, that was just sacks! There were many more pressures and knock downs. The kid came back from that and LEAD his team to the NFCCG. Not one pundit had the Bears in the NFCCG! They all had them competing with the Lions for last in the North. That team had some serious limitations and Jay was able to overcome a lot of that. Orton may have had some pretty numbers but Jay had the results. That simple fact tells me that not only was the trade for Orton a big mistake but that McDaniels probably doesn't know QB's as well as every McD supporter around here contends he does!

I don't think McD thought Orton was better than Cutler. McD was just in a position where he and his starting QB were clearly not going to be able to work together and right or wrong, he traded him.

I don't think McD ever saw Orton as anything more than a stop-gap QB, hence why he traded for Quinn and drafted Tebow. Cutler was not traded for Orton, Orton was just a throw in. Cutler was traded for 2 first round draft picks, which in my opinion is pretty good value with all things considered.

Now, how the picks acquired from the Cutler trade pan out remains to be seen and is a different subject alltogether. Fortunately, I think Tebow is going to turn out to be a great QB for us down the road, and long term, the trade will work out in our favor.

Ravage!!!
01-25-2011, 12:17 PM
How many players also have stated that Cutler seems or appears to be soft?
Maybe he isnt soft, but the perception matters, especially if your a "leader" who's been referred to as a "pu**y by a teammate who says so, then turns around and says hes tough.
As for Hanie. He came in and gave his team a chance to win, and as a 3rd stringer who is asked to do this in the NFCCG on a moments notice is nothing short of incredible. HE WAS MENTALLY PREPARED. He didnt know the playbook, and its no fault of his own running the practice squad. It doesnt matter what the other team didnt do considering who CHI had at QB.
Obviously Pickler is a much more talented QB physically, but theres a real problem with him mentally. And no matter what really happened, its only going to get worse now, cause he is really, really going to be under the microscope now.

Seriously.. you think he's going to be under the microscope more than he was this year? Really? I think thats laughable.

"appearing" to be soft means nothing. THe fact that he was sacked 60 times, and took a game where he was scked 9 in one game, yet still kept gettiing ON the field...shows me he's not soft, he's not a *****. How many games has he missed due to injuries the last two years???

Guess what, because of his type 1, he can't take cortizone, and hasn't missed a game.

He's had bad starts. Aaron Rodgers had a horrendous second half, I guess you guys are surprised they didnt' pull him because the game was just "too big for Aaron"..or "Aaron just couldn't cope" with the scope and was completely ineffective.

Jay has a naturally looking "mope" on his face (granted) and you want to say he has something mentally wrong with him because you don't like him.

vandammage13
01-25-2011, 12:17 PM
No.. he didn't. Cutler didn't play the second half, we dont' know what would have happened, its speculation. We also saw Hanie "out play" Rodgers. I would bet, that if Hanie started the game, his second half would NOT have been as good because the defense would have had something on him.

Its just silly.

You are right that we don't know what would have happened had Cutler played the second half. But I watched that game, and Cutler could do nothing even before he got hurt, and Hanie came in and put up the Bear's only 2 scores in just over a quarter of play.

Based on what actually happened, speculation aside, Hanie played better than Cutler in that game, and that cannot be argued.

Ravage!!!
01-25-2011, 12:19 PM
I don't think McD thought Orton was better than Cutler. McD was just in a position where he and his starting QB were clearly not going to be able to work together and right or wrong, he traded him.

I don't think McD ever saw Orton as anything more than a stop-gap QB, hence why he traded for Quinn and drafted Tebow. Cutler was not traded for Orton, Orton was just a throw in. Cutler was traded for 2 first round draft picks, which in my opinion is pretty good value with all things considered.

Now, how the picks acquired from the Cutler trade pan out remains to be seen and is a different subject alltogether. Fortunately, I think Tebow is going to turn out to be a great QB for us down the road, and long term, the trade will work out in our favor.

He tried to trade for Cassel, which is worse :lol:

So I think Jhil's points still stand.

jhildebrand
01-25-2011, 12:21 PM
McD was just in a position where he and his starting QB were clearly not going to be able to work together and right or wrong, he traded him.

That just tells me that McDaniels isn't the QB guru so many believe he is.

I think it is a stretch to say they weren't going to be able to work together. McD was shopping Jay at the combine before they even had the opportunity to work together. The real QB coaches find ways to work with any QB-Shanahan worked with Plummer despite their issues, he worked with Cutler when they had issues, Holmgren, Walsh. They all find ways to get their players to buy in regardless of how they feel about the coach.

In McD we know he is a guy of severe personality conflict. He couldn't even get along with Tom Brady!

So your statement quoted above is just another indictment of McDaniels.

Personally, I think he saw an opportunity to get his guy (Cassell) and went for it. I don't think he thought it wasn't going to happen and I don't think he thought he couldn't get along with Cutler. He just wanted his guy! The problem came when the deal not only blew up but made it back to Cook and Cutler!

In Cutler I see a guy who succeeded in Shanahan's offense-one of the most complex, and now in Martz's which is equally complex and based all on timing. The idea that he couldn't have worked here is laughable.

Ravage!!!
01-25-2011, 12:22 PM
You are right that we don't know what would have happened had Cutler played the second half. But I watched that game, and Cutler could do nothing even before he got hurt, and Hanie came in and put up the Bear's only 2 scores in just over a quarter of play.

Based on what actually happened, speculation aside, Hanie played better than Cutler in that game, and that cannot be argued.

well, maybe it can't be argued in YOUR head.

As I said, if you want to say that fine, I get it. But I guess we can say that Hanie outplayed EVERY QB on the field. I just dont think some 3rd string QB coming in, with the defense not really having any game film, and just playing agianst a 3rd string QB, tells me anything. Its not an accurate statement, and CAN be argued, because in order for Hanie to "outplay" Jay, he would have had to play. Jay didn't play. So it can be argued, as its just not a fact th at you have made it out to be.

vandammage13
01-25-2011, 12:22 PM
He tried to trade for Cassel, which is worse :lol:

So I think Jhil's points still stand.

Cassel>Orton
Cassel<Orton+2 first round draft picks

Cutler>Orton
Cutler<Orton+2 fist round draft picks

SOCALORADO.
01-25-2011, 12:24 PM

Jat Cutler is one of the most physically gifted QBs to ever play the game who has never won anything since HS. He spent his entire college career getting destroyed by the SEC and because of it, after his team was down by 14, he mailed in games and made mistakes late in games cause he isnt mentally tough. He has not been instructed on how to win and how winners carry themselves in adversity. Instead, he has been pampered and is soft and acts like a punk because of it.

vandammage13
01-25-2011, 12:24 PM
:lol: It can't be argued in YOUR head.

As I said, if you want to say that fine... but I guess we can say that Hanie outplayed EVERY QB on the field. I just dont think some 3rd string QB coming in, with the defense not realy having any game film, and just playing agianst a 3rd string QB, tells me antyhign. Its not an accurate statement, and CAN be argued, because in order for Hanie to "outplay" Jay, he would have had to play. Jay didn't play. So it can be argued as its just not a fact.

Hmmmm....I'm pretty sure Jay did play.

Nomad
01-25-2011, 12:27 PM
Jat Cutler is one of the most phyiscally gifted QBs to ever play the game who has never won anything since HS. He spent his entire college career getting destroyed by the SEC and because of it, after his team was down by 14, he mailed in games and made mistakes late in games cause he isnt metally tough. He has not been instructed on how to win and how winners carry themselves in adversity. Instead, he has been pampered and is soft and acts like a punk because of it.

Is he the San Diego Chargers of NFL QBs!!!!:D

jhildebrand
01-25-2011, 12:30 PM
Jat Cutler is one of the most phyiscally gifted QBs to ever play the game who has never won anything since HS. He spent his entire college career getting destroyed by the SEC and because of it, after his team was down by 14, he mailed in games and made mistakes late in games cause he isnt metally tough. He has not been instructed on how to win and how winners carry themselves in adversity. Instead, he has been pampered and is soft and acts like a punk because of it.

Well I see a guy who went to Vandy-do you know what it takes to get into Vanderbilt?. In going to Vandy he single handedly helped establish a foundation for a program. A program that is continuing to progress. A program that now competes for recruits in the SEC. He did things at Vandy that hadn't been done in 50+ years.

Once again, on a seriously limited team, Cutler almost always had his team in the mix. So maybe he hasn't won anything since HS but who knows what he would do with a complete team around him.

People love on Rivers. I see a guy who had the #1 O and #1 D and sucked his team to 8-8. I see a guy with a team every bit as talented as the teams Elway had but has done NOTHING with them.

I would rather criticise the underachiever (Rivers) than the overachiever (Cutler). God only knows what Cutler would do with a team as complete as Rivers'.

jhildebrand
01-25-2011, 12:32 PM
Cassel>Orton

Cutler>Orton

Cassell>Orton? :confused:

Cassell played this year in almost the same system as Orton! He has played in it as long if not longer than Orton yet Orton had much better numbers! Cassell had the wins because he had a better team. KC won in spite of Cassell at times especially early.

TXBRONC
01-25-2011, 12:35 PM

Cassell played this year in almost the same system as Orton! He has played in it as long if not longer than Orton yet Orton had much better numbers! Cassell had the wins because he had a better team. KC won in spite of Cassell at times especially early.

Part of that is because Haley believes in running the ball.

vandammage13
01-25-2011, 12:37 PM

I don't give a crap about Orton's inflated stats (Or Cassel's stats for that matter). Orton had better stats than Roethlisberger, so is he better than him too? Stats are for losers.

Cassel is just a better QB than Orton and I would trust him more if he had the ball with 2 minutes left down by 4, and needing a TD to win more than I would Orton in the same situation. Not saying Cassel would be my QB of choice in that situation, but I would pick him over Orton.

SOCALORADO.
01-25-2011, 12:39 PM
Seriously.. you think he's going to be under the microscope more than he was this year? Really? I think thats laughable.

"appearing" to be soft means nothing. THe fact that he was sacked 60 times, and took a game where he was scked 9 in one game, yet still kept gettiing ON the field...shows me he's not soft, he's not a *****. How many games has he missed due to injuries the last two years???

I never said he wasnt able to play the game physically, as a matter of fact i stated the opposite. Intler plays cause he can physically, not mentally.
He like playing football, and hes physically able to do so. Most need more than that.

Guess what, because of his type 1, he can't take cortizone, and hasn't missed a game.

This is a great excuse that a "winner" would never use. "Winners" dont think like that. Neither do "Leaders". Leaders and Winners rub some dirt on it and find a way. And if they cant get on the field, they find a way to lead from the sidelines. I am glad he hast used it, and i am equally glad he didnt use it at the last game, since he wasnt doing anything but sucking when he was completely healthy.

He's had bad starts. Aaron Rodgers had a horrendous second half, I guess you guys are surprised they didnt' pull him because the game was just "too big for Aaron"..or "Aaron just couldn't cope" with the scope and was completely ineffective.

I dont care about Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers did nothing but taste blood (literally) all game, and stay in the game. Nothing short of being knocked out was taking Rodgers, no matter how he played, out of the game.
The difference in attitude is astounding. Smetimes thats more important than your play. (on a side note-Rodgers made the play of the game after he threw the pick to Urlacher, never giving up.

Jay has a naturally looking "mope" on his face (granted) and you want to say he has something mentally wrong with him because you don't like him.

More excuses. It has nothing to do with me not liking or liking Pickler. The fact that Pickler always looks like someone just shot his dog, is because thats how he feels. Hes a mope. But then i remember those close games DEN won with Cutler and he was ALL SMILES! Huh. interesting.

Ravage!!!
01-25-2011, 12:41 PM
Cassel>Orton

Cutler>Orton

Thats your opinion, and I don't share it. I don't think Cassel is better than Orton. I think they are basically the same QB, but I think Orton is better than Cassel.

I also don't think you put a franchise back by trading away a caliber QB. Those 2 draft picks did nothing for the team, just as we've seen that happen through out the history of the NFL.

Ravage!!!
01-25-2011, 12:43 PM
More excuses. It has nothing to do with me not liking or liking Pickler. The fact that Pickler always looks like someone just shot his dog, is because thats how he feels. Hes a mope. But then i remember those close games DEN won with Cutler and he was ALL SMILES! Huh. interesting.

:lol: Wow.. intersting! a Smile! wow!!

Guess who's getting murdered in the press because they smile too much, even when they lose, McNabb. I guess you just can't make some people happy :lol:

Yeah.. I'm sure it has NOTHING to do with you not liking Cutler. :coffee:

vandammage13
01-25-2011, 12:43 PM
Thats your opinion, and I don't share it. I don't think Cassel is better than Orton. I think they are basically the same QB, but I think Orton is better than Cassel.

I also don't think you put a franchise back by trading away a caliber QB. Those 2 draft picks did nothing for the team, just as we've seen that happen through out the history of the NFL.

And this is where I disagree with you. I was never sold on Cutler being a franchise QB. A good, solid QB, but not a franchise one.

In my opinion there's only 5 or 6 QB's that should never be traded in this league, and Cutler's not one of them.

Ravage!!!
01-25-2011, 12:49 PM
And this is where I disagree with you. I was never sold on Cutler being a franchise QB. A good, solid QB, but not a franchise one.

In my opinion there's only 5 or 6 QB's that should never be traded in this league, and Cutler's not one of them.

At the time of the trade, coming off a pro-bowl season, doesn't have to be an "untradeable" player. Its the position, and the quality of player, that you just do NOT trade away. It was a dumb move, a horrible move, and one that will/has set this franchise back. Two draft picks or not...horrible move for this team.

jhildebrand
01-25-2011, 12:51 PM
I don't give a crap about Orton's inflated stats (Or Cassel's stats for that matter). Orton had better stats than Roethlisberger, so is he better than him too? Stats are for losers.

Cassel is just a better QB than Orton and I would trust him more if he had the ball with 2 minutes left down by 4, and needing a TD to win more than I would Orton in the same situation. Not saying Cassel would be my QB of choice in that situation, but I would pick him over Orton.

Here's what I find interesting. One poster is criticising Cutler for always being on a losing team but he played every game and you are saying Cassell is better than Orton when Cassell didn't even play in college! Cassell couldn't hack it at USC! Orton followed in Brees' steps with some very good QB's in the mix there.

So for one QB who actually was good enough to play but albeit on a bad squad that is held against him but another player who couldn't even beat out a freshmen at a well built program gets a hall pass.

You do know Orton was committed to CU right? He was assured to be the day one starter but he chose to go to a program under Tiller who had QB's in the mix and wasn't assured of anything.

Cassell is the newest Rob Johnson.

Ravage!!!
01-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Hmmmm....I'm pretty sure Jay did play.

yeah.. so did Rogers. See how bad he was in the second half compared to the first? Things change. Again, I get what you are saying. But since Cutler didn't play in the second half, he didn't "outplay" Cutler. Thats just not a fact. Its your opinion that Cutler would have played the same way in the second half and thus you are speculating that things would hve been the same as they were with no adjustments by either team if cutler was in the lineup. I don't share that speculation.

vandammage13
01-25-2011, 01:04 PM
yeah.. so did Rogers. See how bad he was in the second half compared to the first? Things change. Again, I get what you are saying. But since Cutler didn't play in the second half, he didn't "outplay" Cutler. Thats just not a fact. Its your opinion that Cutler would have played the same way in the second half and thus you are speculating that things would hve been the same as they were with no adjustments by either team if cutler was in the lineup. I don't share that speculation.

Nope...I'm not speculating how Cutler may have played had he not got "hurt." I am basing how Cutler played while he was in VS. how Hanie played when he was in, and Hanie clearly played better.

There is no speculation based on my view, but simply what I saw on the field.

vandammage13
01-25-2011, 01:12 PM
Here's what I find interesting. One poster is criticising Cutler for always being on a losing team but he played every game and you are saying Cassell is better than Orton when Cassell didn't even play in college! Cassell couldn't hack it at USC! Orton followed in Brees' steps with some very good QB's in the mix there.

So for one QB who actually was good enough to play but albeit on a bad squad that is held against him but another player who couldn't even beat out a freshmen at a well built program gets a hall pass.

You do know Orton was committed to CU right? He was assured to be the day one starter but he chose to go to a program under Tiller who had QB's in the mix and wasn't assured of anything.

Cassell is the newest Rob Johnson.

Orton's production at Purdue and Cassel's production at USC (or lack thereof) have little or nothing to do with their success in the NFL. I don't really care for either QB honestly, but I would take Cassel over Orton, based on what I have seen with my own eyes. Orton has shown me next to nothing in terms of getting it done when it matters.

arapaho2
01-25-2011, 01:44 PM
Cassel>Orton

Cutler>Orton
Cutler>Orton+ayers + Dthomas's glass vagina

corrected

honz
01-25-2011, 03:24 PM
6AQWaQkArpE

Wow, I just owned the shit out of this thread. Mods please award me the appropriate amount of win, lock, and sticky this thread.

DenBronx
01-25-2011, 03:36 PM

yeah? go ahead and just discredit his whole season that even helped get them to the championship then.

TXBRONC
01-25-2011, 03:39 PM
yeah? go ahead and just discredit his whole season that even helped get them to the championship then.

:sad:

Northman
01-25-2011, 03:40 PM

Well, Tony Dungy was asked today if he felt that Lovie was being truthful regarding Jay's injury and Dungy said "No question". So, either a shitload of people are lying or your just so full of hate for the guy that it wouldnt matter if it was true or not. Pick your poison i guess. :lol:

Northman
01-25-2011, 03:42 PM

He's 1-1 in the playoffs in his first go around. Thats not bad considering.

BigDaddyBronco
01-25-2011, 03:47 PM
6AQWaQkArpE

Wow, I just owned the shit out of this thread. Mods please award me the appropriate amount of win, lock, and sticky this thread.
I don't think it is fair to compare a mere mortal like Cutler with Tebow...

BigDaddyBronco
01-25-2011, 03:48 PM
He's 1-1 in the playoffs in his first go around. Thats not bad considering.
Well, maybe he is 1*-1/2.

The * is for playing the Seahawks and the 1/2 is cause he only played half the game in a loss.

Northman
01-25-2011, 03:50 PM

The * is for playing the Seahawks and the 1/2 is cause he only played half the game in a loss.

True, but you get my point.

CoachChaz
01-25-2011, 03:51 PM

Well...if Calvin Johnson's TD in week one isnt ridiculously overturned...if DeSean Jackson doesnt return a punt return against the G-men...and if the Eagles arent snowed out and forced with the possibility of playing 3 games in 12 days, maybe they dont rest starters against Dallas and win that game. If these dont happen...Chicago never makes the playoffs

So, if a bad call, freak play and a snowstorm...all of which he had no control over...are able to discredit a season, then yeah...it can be done. Let's not forget the opportunity to play a sub 500 team in the forst round

I'm not saying he didnt omprove over last year. I'm just saying he had A LOT of weird help in getting to the NFC Championship

Northman
01-25-2011, 03:54 PM
Well...if Calvin Johnson's TD in week one isnt ridiculously overturned...if DeSean Jackson doesnt return a punt return against the G-men...and if the Eagles arent snowed out and forced with the possibility of playing 3 games in 12 days, maybe they dont rest starters against Dallas and win that game. If these dont happen...Chicago never makes the playoffs

So, if a bad call, freak play and a snowstorm...all of which he had no control over...are able to discredit a season, then yeah...it can be done. Let's not forget the opportunity to play a sub 500 team in the forst round

I'm not saying he didnt omprove over last year. I'm just saying he had A LOT of weird help in getting to the NFC Championship

Come on Coach, your better than this. A lot of teams get crazy calls throughout a given season in fashion or another. Did certain things fall into place? Yea. But they still went out as a team and got the wins they needed while the other teams didnt get it done or had bad things happen along the way. Chicago was picked to finish 3rd in their division and won it. Its not their fault that Favre destroyed the Vikings all year long or that GB lost to Redskins earlier in the season. Shit happens but every team catches some kind of break.

SOCALORADO.
01-25-2011, 03:54 PM
Well, Tony Dungy was asked today if he felt that Lovie was being truthful regarding Jay's injury and Dungy said "No question". So, either a shitload of people are lying or your just so full of hate for the guy that it wouldnt matter if it was true or not. Pick your poison i guess. :lol:

Thats right, Tony said "no question, hes lying".:D

Northman
01-25-2011, 03:55 PM
Thats right, Tony said "no question, hes lying".:D

Dont make me put the Gruden smackdown on you.

jhildebrand
01-25-2011, 03:55 PM

All that crazy business is what allowed GB to make the playoffs. Are you going to discredit the Super Bowl contender for the NFC because of it? :confused:

Should we just say that GB has no business being in the Super Bowl? :confused:

GB has no business being there? Afterall, if it weren't for a D Jax KR and a snowstorm....

Luck is part of getting to and winning the SB.

SOCALORADO.
01-25-2011, 03:57 PM
6AQWaQkArpE

:shocked:
All of you (including Pickler) should watch this video.
This is the definition of a winner.
Unreal.

Northman
01-25-2011, 04:00 PM
:shocked:
All of you (including Pickler) should watch this video.
This is the definition of a winner.
Unreal.

Yea, he's won against some subpar talent in HS and College. If he can be a consistent winner at the pro level he will be the man. He still has a lot of work to do before he gets to that level though. I will pray for him.

honz
01-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Rex Grossman. Kyle Orton.

SOCALORADO.
01-25-2011, 04:06 PM
Yea, he's won against some subpar talent in HS and College. If he can be a consistent winner at the pro level he will be the man. He still has a lot of work to do before he gets to that level though. I will pray for him.

:lol:Those subpar jerks!
And what i want to know is how in the hell he broke his leg in the 1st place!?!?!? I thought he was invincible dammit!

Oh. turns out he broke the bone himself just to even things out a bit.
You know, make it fair for the other guys.

Apparently after the game he took a nail gun and made everything all better.

slim
01-25-2011, 04:08 PM

The SEC has subpar talent?

Juriga72
01-25-2011, 04:15 PM

Guy's....( and Gem too).

ONE thing I have not heard all of you "Smart football" types say about "Luck".

They just had a guy on ESPN-radio talking about "How Chicago got to the NFL playoffs this year"....

Guess what... Chicago had 7.5 games "Lost by starters due to injury" for the year.......... WOW.

THIS means that they had less than ONE guy miss on average a 1/2 game PER week.

Hell... JUST Doom caused us to lose 16 games. Lets add up how many of our starters lost games this year.

Juriga72
01-25-2011, 04:16 PM

Just sub-par Florida qb's...LMAO
I kid.... I KID!!!!!!!!

Lonestar
01-25-2011, 04:44 PM
Cassel>Orton

Cutler>Orton
Cutler<Orton+2 fist round draft picksPretty simile concept considering jay has and did show his true colors on games in denver

Rivers mentally owned jay on more than one occasion, to the point I doubt he would ever be able to beat them.

Someone mentioned that jay lead the bears to the NFCcg game n

Dream on he was just the QB that the defense lead the way.

I suspect that Jamie might have been able to get them there with that defense.

Jay is a loser. Plain and simple and does not have the huevos to be the leader.

TXBRONC
01-25-2011, 04:48 PM

That same 7-9 team beat the defending Super Bowl Champs.

slim
01-25-2011, 04:49 PM

:laugh:

Please don't try to make them something they are not.

SOCALORADO.
01-25-2011, 04:49 PM

Drew Brees is not a leader. He mopes around all.....oh, wait. :D

TXBRONC
01-25-2011, 04:53 PM

Did the Seahawk beat the Saints or not?

Juriga72
01-25-2011, 04:57 PM

The same team that beat St.Louis....oh and San fran too....lol

Juriga72
01-25-2011, 04:59 PM
Pretty simile concept considering jay has and did show his true colors on games in denver

Rivers mentally owned jay on more than one occasion, to the point I doubt he would ever be able to beat them.

Someone mentioned that jay lead the bears to the NFCcg game n

Dream on he was just the QB that the defense lead the way.

I suspect that Jamie might have been able to get them there with that defense.

Jay is a loser. Plain and simple and does not have the huevos to be the leader.

How many 3 wins seasons has Jay had?????

Heck I mean... being carried by the 32nd ranked defense to a 8-8 year...MAN Jay sucks...

Oh and BTW... I guess you missed the Pick Six ( Orton like) Hanie threw while "Outplaying Cutler sunday"...

Northman
01-25-2011, 05:08 PM

They have talented players as does all of the college ranks. But, compared to all the ELITE players who actually make it in the NFL yes its not the same. Thats why the talented players who do make it to the pro level have inflated stats at the college level.

TXBRONC
01-25-2011, 05:14 PM
They have talented players as does all of the college ranks. But, compared to all the ELITE players who actually make it in the NFL yes its not the same. Thats why the talented players who do make it to the pro level have inflated stats at the college level.

No sense trying to explain things to Slim just go ahead and give him that Gruden smackdown you promised. :D

Northman
01-25-2011, 05:26 PM
No sense trying to explain things to Slim just go ahead and give him that Gruden smackdown you promised. :D

Nah, i can see how he might misunderstand what i was getting at. Bad choice of words for me there. At the end of the day my point was the 11 guys that a QB will face at the collegiate level is not the same at the pro level.

SOCALORADO.
01-25-2011, 05:29 PM

He promised the gruden Smackdown to me!
From what i hear its quite painful.
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.fanhouse.com/media/2008/06/sappgruden.jpg

Superchop 7
01-25-2011, 05:33 PM
Heres the deal,

"You reap what you sow"

Jay catches hell because of his personality, he is a bit of an odd duck and this isn't exactly a society that walks a mile in a mans moccassins. He should know better.

As far as the injury.....a grade 2 sprain is painfull, snapping the tendon would hurt alot less. Let Jones-Drew run on a high ankle sprain for awhile....

As far as the incident goes......it will probably bring the team closer together.

Jay has done a good job this year, better than I expected considering he had to learn a new system under Martz. The Bears did a nice job with second half adjustments in the game.

I do not question Jays toughness or desire to win, period. Nor do I question his talent.

Northman
01-25-2011, 05:58 PM
Jay catches hell because of his personality, he is a bit of an odd duck

Indeed, that is really the main part of people's hate for him. Some will point to his mechanic flaws but as you stated he was in a brand new system for the 3rd straight year and improved in a lot of ways. He's not the most loveable guy in terms of persona but as long as you win thats all that really matters when all is said and done. The Bears had a good year considering how it started so they should be proud of what they have achieved this year. I know if i had gotten hurt and couldnt go back in i wouldnt be too happy either, thats a tough break when your playing for a chance for a SB. But, tough breaks happen and all you can do is reload and try again the following year. Lord knows i wish it had been us in the championship game instead my team is in the gutter but hopefully that will sort itself out as well.

hotcarl
01-25-2011, 06:42 PM
this wouldnt be a problem if he acted like he enjoyed playing football at all

big games that people pay attention to are literally too big for him because he is too self aware and thinks too much and trusts himself over his coaching

he is a head case babyman with a self-entitlement complex because he has a good arm and plays with type 1 diabetes but who gives a shit

the fact that ACTIVE players are making personal attacks and questioning his heart is a sign that he is not a very likable person, most likely a huge douche, but probably not faking an injury

I Eat Staples
01-25-2011, 06:55 PM
Cutler deserves criticism for playing horribly in the first half, not for leaving the game with an injury. Only Cutler knows how injured he was, and it's not fair for others to judge or say they would have played with it when they weren't in Jay's body at that moment.

Also, it's been said Cutler wanted to go back in the game and Lovie Smith wouldn't let him. So, if there's any conspiracy here, the only believable thing would be Lovie saw Cutler performing poorly and figured the backup couldn't do much worse.

atwater27
01-25-2011, 06:55 PM

Words of wisdom best used by the speaker.

atwater27
01-25-2011, 06:59 PM
No problem, I won't let any of those bs excuses get in the way of my belief that Cutler is a mental midget who crapped the bed when his team and fans needed him. :beer:

You must have HATED Elway in his first 3 super bowls then, using your logic.

I didn't hate him. I just knew the teams Elway played were just that good.

Funny stuff. Give no credit to Green Bay's monster defense and all the credit of the blame to Jay Cutler, just because he happens to be an ex-Bronco. Weak. *******. Sauce.

BroncoWave
01-25-2011, 07:01 PM

Funny stuff. Give no credit to Green Bay's monster defense and all the credit of the blame to Jay Cutler, just because he happens to be an ex-Bronco. Weak. *******. Sauce.

Are you allergic to actually discussing Jay Cutler? Seems like every single post of yours concerning him is a personal attack against someone who doesn't still bow at his feet.

atwater27
01-25-2011, 07:04 PM
Are you allergic to actually discussing Jay Cutler? Seems like every single post of yours concerning him is a personal attack against someone who doesn't still bow at his feet.

I am discussing Jay Cutler; your eyes and brain betrayed you when you came to a different conclusion.

BroncoWave
01-25-2011, 07:10 PM
I am discussing Jay Cutler; your eyes and brain betrayed you when you came to a different conclusion.

The next post you make about Cutler in response to someone criticizing him without including a personal jab against the poster will be your first in a very long time.

atwater27
01-25-2011, 07:13 PM
The next post you make about Cutler in response to someone criticizing him without including a personal jab against the poster will be your first in a very long time.

Oh ******* well. Deal with it BTB. It is evident that most of the folks bashing Mr. Cutler have worse attitudes than he ever thought of having, and are indeed hypocrites in their own right. The advice and criticism used on a guy they don't even know would be very very much better used on themselves. Present company included. Back to topic.

BroncoWave
01-25-2011, 07:29 PM
Oh ******* well. Deal with it BTB. It is evident that most of the folks bashing Mr. Cutler have worse attitudes than he ever thought of having, and are indeed hypocrites in their own right. The advice and criticism used on a guy they don't even know would be very very much better used on themselves. Present company included. Back to topic.

Bashing Cutler is fair. He's a public figure. It's against the CoC to personally attack posters on here because of how they feel about Cutler.

atwater27
01-25-2011, 07:35 PM
Bashing Cutler is fair. He's a public figure. It's against the CoC to personally attack posters on here because of how they feel about Cutler.

I guess you'll have to ban me BTB. I'll be waiting.

DenBronx
01-25-2011, 08:36 PM

The same Seahawks who took out the 2010 champion Saints.

Alot of IF's in every season. I would rather make it on an if then have my team sitting at home. The Steelers are a prime example of how bad calls can help you win a game.

No one mentions how terrible Rogers played. Fact is Cutler played above average the whole season with little help and was one game away from the SB.

So....the IF's are irrelevant.

DenBronx
01-25-2011, 08:43 PM

Lol not to mention Manning was 1 and done how many time before winning once he was in the playoffs?? 3 times in 5 years!!!

His very first ever playoff win came 6 years later against...you guessed it.. the Denver Broncos in 2003...who got routed 41-10.