PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Brandon Lloyd tabbed second-team NFL All-Pro

Denver Native (Carol)
01-24-2011, 05:51 PM
Brandon Lloyd's breakout season continues to get noticed.

The Broncos' wide receiver was named a second-team Associated Press All-Pro Monday, as voted on by a nationwide panel of media members. Lloyd is the first Broncos wide receiver to be so honored on the AP's first- or second-team since Rod Smith was named a second-team All Pro in 2001.

Lloyd, who finished with 77 catches this past season for 1,448 yards and 11 touchdowns, will play in his first Pro Bowl Sunday. Lloyd's yardage total was the second-highest in franchise history, behind only Smith's 1,602 yards in 2000.

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_17184985?source=rss

Tempus Fugit
01-24-2011, 06:11 PM
Congrats to Mr. Lloyd.

Buff
01-24-2011, 06:34 PM
How the hell does Logan Mankins get an All-Pro selection when he only played for half the season? Are the rest of the guards in the league really that bad?

Buff
01-24-2011, 06:41 PM
Also, Lloyd should have been first team over Reggie Wayne easily.

There are a few head scratchers.

TXBRONC
01-24-2011, 07:40 PM
Also, Lloyd should have been first team over Reggie Wayne easily.

There are a few head scratchers.

Winning a division and us not even getting to the playoffs will do that.

I almost forgot the most important part, it is a well deserved honor.

Buff
01-24-2011, 07:42 PM

Yeah, but these are supposed to be based solely on individual performance. But you're right, winning does sway voters... Plus winning teams are on national TV more.

TXBRONC
01-24-2011, 07:58 PM
Yeah, but these are supposed to be based solely on individual performance. But you're right, winning does sway voters... Plus winning teams are on national TV more.

Lloyd had slightly more yards but nearly double the touchdowns. Wayne had 34 more receptions. Maybe I'm just biased but I think catching more touchdowns should count more than the receptions.

LSIGRAD09
01-24-2011, 10:41 PM
Congrats Brandon!:salute:

UnderArmour
01-25-2011, 08:34 AM
As someone who watched every miserable game of this season, Brandon Lloyd was one of the few reasons I resisted turning my TV off on Sundays. Brandon Lloyd was the most exciting player for the Broncos last year and by far the most exciting receiver in the NFL last year from play to play. It hasn't always been easy for Lloyd as he's always dropped the easiest balls that come to him but caught the really hard ones. To correct it, he put an acrobatic spin on every pass that came to him to make it look all complex so that not only would he catch them; he would catch them and the pass would look great on camera. He definitely should have been first team all pro this year over Reggie Wayne. I'm looking forward to watching another exciting season of circus catches next year out of Brandon Lloyd. Maybe he can teach Demaryius Thomas, Eddie Royal, and Eric Decker to catch impossible passes while he's at it too and maybe some of his style points will rub off on them.

Juriga72
01-25-2011, 08:37 AM
He earned it this year with his play!!! Great job Brandon

TXBRONC
01-25-2011, 10:35 AM
I hope he can do it again next season. :beer:
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Cugel
01-25-2011, 12:23 PM
So, I guess the only question is: "are the Broncos going to re-sign him or let him go via FA at the end of the season?" Or are we going to do the same intensely stupid thing the team ALWAYS does, which is WAIT until next off-season and THEN try and negotiate a new contract -- which means they have to compete with every other team and wind up not making as good an offer as some other team so the player walks in FA!

I HATE that! They did that with Reggie Hayward and Bert Berry, and Trevor Pryce and Brandon Marshall and Dominique Foxworth. On and on.

That right there is a big reason the Broncos roster is so devoid of talent. :coffee:

Elevation inc
01-25-2011, 04:09 PM
So, I guess the only question is: "are the Broncos going to re-sign him or let him go via FA at the end of the season?" Or are we going to do the same intensely stupid thing the team ALWAYS does, which is WAIT until next off-season and THEN try and negotiate a new contract -- which means they have to compete with every other team and wind up not making as good an offer as some other team so the player walks in FA!

I HATE that! They did that with Reggie Hayward and Bert Berry, and Trevor Pryce and Brandon Marshall and Dominique Foxworth. On and on.

That right there is a big reason the Broncos roster is so devoid of talent. :coffee:

lloyd is under contract for next year.....also he def should have been first team all pro.....he had 72 of his 77 catches for first downs which is a insane percentage...and if i rember correctly williamson recently stated was a NFL record......

TXBRONC
01-25-2011, 05:11 PM
I hope he have another productive season but given the fact this the first time he's ever been this productive I would be hesitant.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-25-2011, 07:18 PM
Cool picture of Brandon

Check out the pic Brandon Lloyd sent me from the Pro Bowl today. Dude's a natural. http://yfrog.com/gzjc6ij

http://twitter.com/VicLombardi/statuses/30049449803784192

Northman
01-25-2011, 09:25 PM

I almost forgot the most important part, it is a well deserved honor.

Not only that but that sneaky "one year wonder" thing rears its ugly head. Wayne has been more consistent throughout his career than Brandon has. Reputation goes a LONG way in these types of things.

DenBronx
01-26-2011, 03:08 PM
Brandon Llyod is looking great in the pro bowl practices. He's getting alot of praise from coaches and commentators like Mora Jr. Saying "he is helping the offense stay high tempo."

They showed clips of him surfing too....