View Full Version : Analysis: Fox's staff says a lot about Broncos' game plan

TXBRONC
01-24-2011, 09:59 AM
Analysis: Fox's staff says a lot about Broncos' game plan
By Jeff Legwold
The Denver Post
Posted: 01/22/2011 01:00:00 AM MST
Updated: 01/22/2011 01:15:59 AM MST

There has been plenty of time and energy expended in recent weeks about how much went wrong when Josh McDaniels was the Broncos head coach.

But even the people who fired him, as well as the guy who replaced him, must believe McDaniels was a pretty fair judge of offensive coaches.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17161278

I'm sure that Fox feels that way about McCoy the others I don't know. I would guess Fox sat down with McCoy and asked him about the offensive coaching staff so it could that Fox trusts him.

arapaho2
01-24-2011, 12:19 PM
I'm sure that Fox feels that way about McCoy the others I don't know. I would guess Fox sat down with McCoy and asked him about the offensive coaching staff so it could that Fox trusts him.

i think it just has more to do with these guys being good coaches than him trusting mcd judgement

barone is a TE coach widely respected across the league
nunnely was a great coach in SD

SpringsBroncoFan
01-24-2011, 01:02 PM
Um, you neglected to mention the most important factor...

McCoy worked for Fox as his QB coach & higher for SEVEN years...

So they already knew each other very well...

DenBronx
01-24-2011, 01:12 PM
Um, you neglected to mention the most important factor...

McCoy worked for Fox as his QB coach & higher for SEVEN years...

So they already knew each other very well...

That and the chemistry he was already building with Tebow and the offense.

TXBRONC
01-24-2011, 09:25 PM
It's a well known fact that McCoy worked for Fox before coming to Denver. But IIRC Legwold does mention that fact.

Cugel
01-25-2011, 12:30 PM
Like most HCs coming into a new job, Fox picked guys he'd worked with before and whose work habits he knew and was comfortable with. And that just happened to be a guy who's on the Broncos so he didn't need to go elsewhere.