PDA

View Full Version : Klis: Jay Cutler's departure led to Josh McDaniels'

Pages : [1] 2

Denver Native (Carol)
01-23-2011, 01:34 PM
We will probably never know if this is true, or not - some things from article:

In defense of Josh McDaniels, he never had a chance with Jay Cutler.

On Jan. 12, 2009, the day that McDaniels was officially announced as the Broncos' head coach, Cutler called the front office and demanded a trade, according to three NFL sources.

It was grimy from the start. Everyone agrees the franchise's divorce from its franchise quarterback never should have happened. No one is sure why.

Among the oddities of McJaygate is that neither party was initially at fault. Cutler had every right to be ticked because, after losing head coach Mike Shanahan, he was briefly appeased by the belief that owner Pat Bowlen would confide in him while the replacement was chosen.

Instead, Bowlen selected the one head coach from the seven finalists that Cutler least wanted. Cutler figured the hiring of McDaniels meant the departure of Jeremy Bates, his closest coaching confidante.

At the time, McDaniels was a 32-year-old offensive play caller. Bates also was 32, the coordinator of Cutler's passing game and a frequent play caller. McDaniels and Bates were the only coaches in the NFL who were that young and given the enormous responsibility of calling plays. There was no sense having both on the same team.

Cutler was right: Bates was fired.

What Cutler didn't realize is that his close relationship with Bates was one reason Bowlen's search committee led to McDaniels. Bates coaches aggressively and his personality apparently rubs his superiors the wrong way. After he left Denver and coached with Pete Carroll at USC and with the Seattle Seahawks, Bates was just fired again. McDaniels, meanwhile, had every reason to doubt whether he could win with a quarterback who didn't want to play for the head coach. Cutler's defiance gave McDaniels the right to at least explore a deal for Matt Cassel when former boss Bill Belichick set him up with a trade offer.

Yet, even after the proposed Cassel deal to Denver was leaked, McDaniels-Cutler should have been salvaged.

In the end, the most dominant root of McJaygate was immaturity. The two sides gathered for a clear-the-air summit and McDaniels blew it with bravado. He was too young — too Belichickian, perhaps — to soothe the feelings of a petulant quarterback who was undermining his authority.

In a meeting that was supposed to bring peace, Cutler was too self-centered to accept admonishment. He felt betrayal. Which player doesn't, eventually? Cutler reissued his trade demand.

This became a coach who went overboard with the concept of team before self and a player who put self above the team.

Cutler bailed on the Broncos. He appears wiser for it today, no doubt. But he still bailed.

http://www.denverpost.com/klis/ci_17170363

Northman
01-23-2011, 01:46 PM
Unfortuantely only speculation by Klis. The only fact we do know is that the only time that Jay requested a trade was when his agent broke the news to the media following the "phone call".

slim
01-23-2011, 01:48 PM
This article pretty much outlines my understanding of the events, but I guess some have a different take on what happened.

Either way, I stopped caring a long time ago.

slim
01-23-2011, 01:50 PM
Unfortuantely only speculation by Klis. The only fact we do know is that the only time that Jay requested a trade was when his agent broke the news to the media following the "phone call".

:laugh:

How do you know it's speculation? I am sure he knows plenty more about what happened than the average fan does.

Northman
01-23-2011, 01:52 PM
:laugh:

How do you know it's speculation? I am sure he knows plenty more about what happened than the average fan does.

Does he have a direct quote from Jay? Any audio to back up that claim? The only time ive heard of this is through hearsay which is speculation as far as im concerned. It didnt come from the horses mouth until after the phone call hence, speculation. But, i thought you didnt care anymore? :lol:

Foochacho
01-23-2011, 01:52 PM

Maybe you are speculating about this speculation. Or maybe I am speculating about your speculating on this speculation.:shocked:

Northman
01-23-2011, 01:53 PM
Maybe you are speculating about this speculation. Or maybe I am speculating about your speculating on this speculation.:shocked:

Definitely speculating. Which is why i like to stick to the facts ma'am, just the facts.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-23-2011, 01:56 PM
From article - the following is the key - we would need to hear this directly from these three sources, and hear how they definitely knew this to be true:

On Jan. 12, 2009, the day that McDaniels was officially announced as the Broncos' head coach, Cutler called the front office and demanded a trade, according to three NFL sources.

claymore
01-23-2011, 01:57 PM
So glad McD is gone!

Denver Native (Carol)
01-23-2011, 01:57 PM
Definitely speculating. Which is why i like to stick to the facts ma'am, just the facts.

The problem is - none of us know what the TRUE facts are.

Northman
01-23-2011, 01:59 PM
The problem is - none of us know what the TRUE facts are.

Well, we do know that his agent requested a trade publically to the media following the phone call. That my friend, is fact. What we dont know is if this article you posted is true. That is speculation which was what i was getting at. Not really that hard to understand really. :lol:

slim
01-23-2011, 02:01 PM
Does he have a direct quote from Jay? Any audio to back up that claim? The only time ive heard of this is through hearsay which is speculation as far as im concerned. It didnt come from the horses mouth until after the phone call hence, speculation. But, i thought you didnt care anymore? :lol:

I don't care, just found it funny that you were speculating about speculation. :welcome:

Northman
01-23-2011, 02:02 PM
I don't care, just found it funny that you were speculating about speculation. :welcome:

Oh, its hysterical. Hand me a beer.

claymore
01-23-2011, 02:02 PM
Is it ok to call McDaniels a terrorist? He blew up the Broncos.

slim
01-23-2011, 02:07 PM
Oh, its hysterical. Hand me a beer.

I wish I had a beer to hand you :sad:

I am working today, so the beer will have to wait.

vettesplus
01-23-2011, 02:32 PM
i believe if we would of not lost cutler, i mean ' cry baby cutler" today we would not be in the presents of elway and tebow!!!

DenBronx
01-23-2011, 02:45 PM
All I know is we were better with Cutler and without McD.

Cutler only demanded a trade after hearing McD tried to trade him. These ARE the facts and there are been countless threads on this topic.

In short we traded away a FQB, an All pro WR, a good RB and a solid pass catching TE, poorly used draft picks, poorly traded draft picks/players, have had countless player misconducts, sent Nolan packing, SpyGate 2 and never fixed the defense with Josh here.

EFFF THAT AND EFFF THE PATRIOT WAY!

DenBronx
01-23-2011, 02:52 PM
i believe if we would of not lost cutler, i mean ' cry baby cutler" today we would not be in the presents of elway and tebow!!!

I still would rather have Cutler. :coffee:

Keep in mind Elway said things would have turned out different on CBS via Gary Miller twitter (http://twitter.com/thegarymiller#) if he would have been here. Elways not blind, he knew Cutler was a pro bowl QB. Yeah maybe Cutler wasn't cuddly in interviews and liked to Jaw with Rivers in a heated game. I would take talent and skill over what anyone thinks about his personality ANY day of the year.

jhildebrand
01-23-2011, 02:53 PM
The problem with all of this, from what I can tell, is it was made VERY clear that McDaniels was shopping Jay at the combine-long before anything else.

Also, I get tired of the "sources" without names. I can see the need for anonymity with sources in certain situations BUT with football-PLEASE! This is simply a game not national security! Name your sources KLIS!

I also find it peculiar that Jay supposedly demanded a trade the day McDaniels was hired yet offered very positive remarks from the ProBowl.

In the end the common denominator of the McDaniels era was personality conflicts and McDaniels was at the root of EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. McDaniels was shown to be a liar on several occasions and at this point nothing surrounding him and his version of events should be trusted.

Before you write me and my views off as a Cutler lover-know that I was glad to see him go. Although I do look like a fool for it :tsk:

Lonestar
01-23-2011, 02:53 PM

Sounds like he has better sources than you want to believe, I have rarely thought that Klis was not a diligent reporter.

now had that been penned by woody or bill burger I might agree with you.

while you are correct, you also want to believe that Josh was all at fault.

time to rethink your position on it.

I suspect that more and more will come out as time goes by.

What he said about Pat and jay wanting to be involvoved and pissed becasue Josh was his last choice sounds right on the money to me.

It seemed like jay was hostile from day one. this makes the most sense to me.

Lonestar
01-23-2011, 02:55 PM
From article - the following is the key - we would need to hear this directly from these three sources, and hear how they definitely knew this to be true:

Quote:

Just the facts ma'am just the facts... :salute::salute:

claymore
01-23-2011, 02:57 PM
Sounds like he has better sources than you want to believe, I have rarely thought that Klis was not a diligent reporter.

What he said about Pat and jay wanting to be involvoved and pissed becasue Josh was his last choice sounds right on the money to me.

Twist it any way you want, but it sounds like Cutler was right. McD was/is a dooshbag that brought us to our knees.

Thank Goodness Bowlen had the balls to cut it off after all he had invested.

DenBronx
01-23-2011, 02:59 PM
The facts are Denver is 4-12 (picking #2 overall...something I can not recall) and Chicago is playing in an NFCCG.

Bears fans love Cutler...I'm from South Bend and know many many Bears fans. They always tell me thank you.

It sucks!

Northman
01-23-2011, 03:02 PM
Just the facts ma'am just the facts... :salute::salute:

Who are the sources? If none are given its speculation. :salute:

Lonestar
01-23-2011, 03:02 PM
I still would rather have Cutler. :coffee:

Keep in mind Elway said things would have turned out different on CBS via Gary Miller twitter (http://twitter.com/thegarymiller#) if he would have been here. Elways not blind, he knew Cutler was a pro bowl QB. Yeah maybe Cutler wasn't cuddly in interviews and liked to Jaw with Rivers in a heated game. I would take talent and skill over what anyone thinks about his personality ANY day of the year.

yet you fail to understand that Rivers owned jay mentally and jay would have never beat SAN. jay may be a hell of an arm but the game is won between the ears and SAN was inside his head in a way, that he was unlikely able to ever beat them..
another thing is there would be virtually no way to keep jay, bm, eddie, ts,hillis, clady, kuper, champ and doom because of the contracts that would be coming down the line and still fit under the cap.

DenBronx
01-23-2011, 03:05 PM
OK don't even be dumb on this topic. Contrary to what is being reported as FACTS are NOT FACTS in this thread.

THESE ARE THE FACTS. REPORTED BY ESPN AND DIRECTLY FROM CUTLERS AGENT!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3995461

Cook has formally requested a trade on Cutler's behalf, but contrary to reports, he says he didn't immediately demand that his client be traded.

"Jay met with the coach early on and then told me everything was going to be OK. He said, 'We are going to work this out; we are on the same wavelength.' Everything was fine until Saturday two weeks ago," Cook told NFL.com. "Jay called me and asked, 'Are they trying to trade me?' I told him, 'No, why would they try to do that?' "

The Broncos reportedly tried to unload Cutler in a three-way trade proposal that would have brought former Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel, whom McDaniels worked with in New England, to Denver. Cassel was eventually traded to the Kansas City Chiefs for a second-round pick.

As recently as the last meeting between Cutler and McDaniels, Cook said his client was ready to commit to the Broncos. However, he claims, the Broncos wouldn't commit to Cutler.

You can read the rest of the report simply by clicking on the link. Also there are countless reports backing this situation.

LordTrychon
01-23-2011, 03:06 PM
This makes perfect sense. Cutler demanded a trade and thenwas upset that they tried to trade him. I get it now.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Northman
01-23-2011, 03:08 PM
This makes perfect sense. Cutler demanded a trade and thenwas upset that they tried to trade him. I get it now.

:lol:

Best post of the thread.

DenBronx
01-23-2011, 03:09 PM
yet you fail to understand that Rivers owned jay mentally and jay would have never beat SAN. jay may be a hell of an arm but the game is won between the ears and SAN was inside his head in a way, that he was unlikely able to ever beat them..
another thing is there would be virtually no way to keep jay, bm, eddie, ts,hillis, clady, kuper, champ and doom because of the contracts that would be coming down the line and still fit under the cap.

I don't buy the whole "we can't keep player X,Y,Z" because of the cap.

Hell, Ortonary is scheduled for 8 mill, Kupe and Dume was both EASILY resigned, Royal should be happy he is even a Bronco with mediocre play. Hillis and Sheff would have been cheap AND we STILL would have had room to bring in quality free agents on defense.

DenBronx
01-23-2011, 03:11 PM
And as much as I'm pulling for Cutler I think Green Bay will roll the Bears today.

Green Bays defense and offense will be too much.

Northman
01-23-2011, 03:12 PM
Already a great play call on the goalline for GB.

DenBronx
01-23-2011, 03:16 PM
Already a great play call on the goalline for GB.

Yeah just saw that. Matthews is insane....I think Cutler could get rattled if Clays on his game today/ IF we would have took Matthews over Ayers things might have turned out differently. We have been lacking intensity at LB for years.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-23-2011, 03:17 PM
I reported recently that Cutler wanted to be traded after the Broncos lost both Mike Shanahan (fired) and offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates (went to USC as offensive coordinator), and that message was delivered to the Denver front office. Now I expect Cutler, through agent Bus Cook, to reiterate his demand ... and what's more, I expect the Broncos to seriously consider it. Owner Pat Bowlen said Sunday night, "we might lose'' Cutler, though he was not specific about how, or why, or when, and Cutler told Chris Mortensen of ESPN he has asked Cook to formally request a trade.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/03/15/union/index.html

DenBronx
01-23-2011, 03:18 PM
Twist it any way you want, but it sounds like Cutler was right. McD was/is a dooshbag that brought us to our knees.

Thank Goodness Bowlen had the balls to cut it off after all he had invested.

Yeah...at least he stopped the bleeding. No sense in letting McEgo destroy us any further.

DenBronx
01-23-2011, 03:20 PM

AND after hearing McD tried to trade him.

Lonestar
01-23-2011, 03:22 PM
OK don't even be dumb on this topic. Contrary to what is being reported as FACTS are NOT FACTS in this thread.

THESE ARE THE FACTS. REPORTED BY ESPN AND DIRECTLY FROM CUTLERS AGENT!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3995461

Cook has formally requested a trade on Cutler's behalf, but contrary to reports, he says he didn't immediately demand that his client be traded.

"Jay met with the coach early on and then told me everything was going to be OK. He said, 'We are going to work this out; we are on the same wavelength.' Everything was fine until Saturday two weeks ago," Cook told NFL.com. "Jay called me and asked, 'Are they trying to trade me?' I told him, 'No, why would they try to do that?' "

The Broncos reportedly tried to unload Cutler in a three-way trade proposal that would have brought former Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel, whom McDaniels worked with in New England, to Denver. Cassel was eventually traded to the Kansas City Chiefs for a second-round pick.

As recently as the last meeting between Cutler and McDaniels, Cook said his client was ready to commit to the Broncos. However, he claims, the Broncos wouldn't commit to Cutler.

You can read the rest of the report simply by clicking on the link. Also there are countless reports backing this situation.

From cutlers agent now there is a real unbiased source.. lets be serious please..

Lonestar
01-23-2011, 03:25 PM
I don't buy the whole "we can't keep player X,Y,Z" because of the cap.

Hell, Ortonary is scheduled for 8 mill, Kupe and Dume was both EASILY resigned, Royal should be happy he is even a Bronco with mediocre play. Hillis and Sheff would have been cheap AND we STILL would have had room to bring in quality free agents on defense.

all you have to do is the math, add up all of the contracts they have got and see what is let over for the other 45 players.. and the rookies coming on board and other veterans that needed to be re signed.

DenBronx
01-23-2011, 03:26 PM
From cutlers agent now there is a real unbiased source.. lets be serious please..

I believe a sports agent and a ESPN report over a random poster.

Keep twisting it like always. :welcome:

Northman
01-23-2011, 03:29 PM

Funny how Klis would know but a guy who speaks directly with his client wouldnt. Priceless. :lol:

DenBronx
01-23-2011, 03:29 PM
all you have to do is the math, add up all of the contracts they have got and see what is let over for the other 45 players.. and the rookies coming on board and other veterans that needed to be re signed.

I didn't know the other 45 players were pro bowlers demanding huge salaries. I guess I better tune in to this years pro bowl to see who's going from Denver.

Oh wait...we only have 1.

claymore
01-23-2011, 03:31 PM
I didn't know the other 45 players were pro bowlers demanding huge salaries. I guess I better tune in to this years pro bowl to see who's going from Denver.

Luvin your pwnage in this thread Bronx.

DenBronx
01-23-2011, 03:34 PM
Funny how Klis would know but a guy who speaks directly with his client wouldnt. Priceless. :lol:

IIRC the agent is the mouth for the player. Players tend to not speak regarding contracts, trades ect. because they let the agents do what they where professionaly trained to do. This is really from the horses mouth. Klis might have made a report but many reporters only choose to report partial facts or what they want based on getting a story.

Then a fan post on Broncos forums as a whole fact. When in reality...many Bronco fans know why Cutler asked to be traded. Funny how some will twist things even years after though.

JaxBroncoGirl
01-23-2011, 03:36 PM
We will probably never know if this is true, or not - some things from article:

http://www.denverpost.com/klis/ci_17170363

If this happened, I fault both parties for not being Team Players. A QB is a part of the team and cannot call the shots like the Owner can. Now I understand as a new Bronco what happened. Do you see arrogance here? Does it remind you of another QB we have now?

Northman
01-23-2011, 03:37 PM
IIRC the agent is the mouth for the player. Players tend to not speak regarding contracts, trades ect. because they let the agents do what they where professionaly trained to do. This is really from the horses mouth. Klis might have made a report but many reporters only choose to report partial facts or what they want based on getting a story.

Then a fan post on Broncos forums as a whole fact. When in reality...many Bronco fans know why Cutler asked to be traded. Funny how some will twist things even years after though.

Reality is just very difficult for some to handle.

DenBronx
01-23-2011, 03:41 PM
If this happened, I fault both parties for not being Team Players. A QB is a part of the team and cannot call the shots like the Owner can. Now I understand as a new Bronco what happened. Do you see arrogance here? Does it remind you of another QB we have now?

Yeah, Mr. Ortonary. Who will be gone as soon as the CBA is in place. He has no intentions of helping TT or playing 2nd fiddle.

PAINTERDAVE
01-23-2011, 04:03 PM
So glad McD is gone!

So glad they are BOTH gone.
Cutler today...

3 possesions - 3 punts - 33 yards..

followed by a 4th punt.

0 points.

PAINTERDAVE
01-23-2011, 04:05 PM
All I know is we were better with Cutler and without McD.

Cutler only demanded a trade after hearing McD tried to trade him. These ARE the facts and there are been countless threads on this topic.

In short we traded away a FQB, an All pro WR, a good RB and a solid pass catching TE, poorly used draft picks, poorly traded draft picks/players, have had countless player misconducts, sent Nolan packing, SpyGate 2 and never fixed the defense with Josh here.

EFFF THAT AND EFFF THE PATRIOT WAY!

Not according to the article Klis wrote today.

He said that according to 3 sources... Jay demnded a trade the day McD was hired.

I'd like to know who his sources are.....

claymore
01-23-2011, 04:06 PM
Cutler today...

followed by a 4th punt.

0 points.

Im not. Just glad McD is gone. I think Cutler has done alot with the situation he is in.

Northman
01-23-2011, 04:08 PM
Im not. Just glad McD is gone. I think Cutler has done alot with the situation he is in.

Absolutely, new system, an Oline ranked dead last in the league and a young receiving core. I mean, its not like the Packers defense is chopped liver. Sometimes common sense just doesnt make its way on this board. :lol:

slim
01-23-2011, 04:08 PM
Some of you are throwing around the word "fact" pretty loosely.

claymore
01-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Absolutely, new system, an Oline ranked dead last in the league and a young receiving core. I mean, its not like the Packers defense is chopped liver. Sometimes common sense just doesnt make its way on this board. :lol:
Nothing to add. :D

chazoe60
01-23-2011, 04:17 PM
Jay is a jackass. McDuhtard is a jackass. Put them in a room together and you have two jackasses who would never get along in a million years.

****ity, **** we should have hired Spags or Dennison.

scott.475
01-23-2011, 04:27 PM
Anymore I am pretty ambivalent on the whole Cutler fiasco. I liked him, hated him, liked him, hated him, and now kind of like him again. No longer irate he is gone (even though at the time I said the Bears had raped us, and it appears they have). Honestly, what I think happened was you had two equal levels of immaturity colliding with each other and neither was going to budge, period. The thing is, that level of immaturity in a 24 year old is far more acceptable than in a 32 year old,, not necessarily more right, just more accepted. The facts seem to be that Cutler did actually give Josh one or two chances to smooth things over, and Josh did not have the ability to do it. Josh demonstrated the same trait over and over his short time here.

I do find it odd that these three sources just come out with this info 2 full seasons later. Also, keep in mind, his "NFL sources" could be comprised of Josh and Ben McDaniels and Kyle Orton. I don't say that to be humorous, just because a source is anonymous does not mean they don't have an agenda.

Anyway, though it has been a sucky two years, right now I feel more enthusiastic going forward than I have in awhile. I don't expect a Lombardi next year, but things certainly seem to be coming together in a more rational, systematic way.

Northman
01-23-2011, 04:31 PM
Anymore I am pretty ambivalent on the whole Cutler fiasco. I liked him, hated him, liked him, hated him, and now kind of like him again. No longer irate he is gone (even though at the time I said the Bears had raped us, and it appears they have). Honestly, what I think happened was you had two equal levels of immaturity colliding with each other and neither was going to budge, period. The thing is, that level of immaturity in a 24 year old is far more acceptable than in a 32 year old,, not necessarily more right, just more accepted. The facts seem to be that Cutler did actually give Josh one or two chances to smooth things over, and Josh did not have the ability to do it. Josh demonstrated the same trait over and over his short time here.

I do find it odd that these three sources just come out with this info 2 full seasons later. Also, keep in mind, his "NFL sources" could be comprised of Josh and Ben McDaniels and Kyle Orton. I don't say that to be humorous, just because a source is anonymous does not mean they don't have an agenda.

Well said although im not sure what the future will hold so its a wait and see. I was enthusiastic 2 years ago before McDoofus ripped my team apart and have high hopes with Fox but there is so much to fix at this point and we are set back farther than we were initially. Lets hope Fox can make use of whatever talent is here.

scott.475
01-23-2011, 04:34 PM
I was enthusiastic 2 years ago before McDoofus ripped my team apart and have high hopes with Fox but there is so much to fix at this point and we are set back farther than we were initially. Lets hope Fox can make use of whatever talent is here.

No doubt, it literally makes my stomach turn when I think of how far we fell so fast. I almost can't imagine doing more damage even if doing damage was the goal. Makes me sick! :puke:

chazoe60
01-23-2011, 04:39 PM
No doubt, it literally makes my stomach turn when I think of how far we fell so fast. I almost can't imagine doing more damage even if doing damage was the goal. Makes me sick! :puke:

I know the Belichick spy talk is silly and meant to be humorous but damn it almost makes sense. I mean looking back it is absolute atrocity that little dumb **** got away with.

When he came in and cut our LS and paid an inferior player more money to do the same job I was a little worried, little did I know that would be the first move in a long line of moves that demolished this franchise.

BroncoStud
01-23-2011, 05:08 PM
Jay and Josh were meant for each other. Jay has an amazing skillset and Josh has an amazing confidence, together they could have thrown for 6,000 yards and we probably would be 6-10.

Meanwhile, the Bears may not even be in the playoffs if Orton is their QB, scratch that, there is NO WAY IN HELL they are in the playoffs with Orton at the helm. The Gaints would be in there.

The Bears got lucky we were dumb enough to hire Josh and give him GM duties. They got Cutler, we got Orton - Pwnage

I hope Tebow ends up being better than Jay.

Lonestar
01-23-2011, 05:15 PM

Seems to me that it was a respected local reporters that made the report. but then what does he know. it is only his full time job..

Believe what you want but it will keep getting harder harder to maintain believability..

Lonestar
01-23-2011, 05:18 PM

I did not say or imply any of them are pro bowlers, but all of them will be getting higher contracts when they resign for the most part a lot more than their rookie contracts.

BTW the for the most part all make 1.5 plus on average.. you do the math..

Lonestar
01-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Cutler today...

followed by a 4th punt.

0 points.

awfully quiet it got all of a sudden. with jay and his bears getting their ass kicked..
oh my jay hurt his kneww or just gave up after getting his ass kicked.. I wonder which..

DenBronx
01-23-2011, 05:28 PM
I did not say or imply any of them are pro bowlers, but all of them will be getting higher contracts when they resign for the most part a lot more than their rookie contracts.

BTW the for the most part all make 1.5 plus on average.. you do the math..

"It's MY money and I want it nowwww" - JG Wetworth

Why are you worrying about contracts? Leave the math to Ellis, it's his job. You keep they players that prove themselves on the field and build around them. We have had alot of fodder on this team. So why deal or trade off all of the talent? You don't. You build around them....alot like Manning and Brady, who will be the highest paid QB's ever. You can still manage to keep the Reggie Waynes, Dallas Clarks, Vince Wilkforts ect. Denver didnt need to send the #2 rated offense packing....it just needed to build THROUGH the draft and sign a few key free agents or keep a few key players.

Last time I checked we are near the top for cap room available.

chazoe60
01-23-2011, 05:29 PM
awfully quiet it got all of a sudden. with jay and his bears getting their ass kicked..
oh my jay hurt his kneww or just gave up after getting his ass kicked.. I wonder which..

Oh you mean in the NFCCG? Yeah while we're waiting to use the second pick in the draft.

DenBronx
01-23-2011, 05:33 PM
Oh you mean in the NFCCG? Yeah while we're waiting to use the second pick in the draft.

I would rather see the Broncos losing in an AFCCG than be the 2nd worst team. At least we would be respected and have something to build on for the next year. Looks like some fans rejoice in being bottom feeders. Not me, I want to see us in the playoffs.

If 59-14 wasn't a wake up call then nothing will wake them.

chazoe60
01-23-2011, 05:36 PM
I would rather see the Broncos losing in an AFCCG than be the 2nd worst team. At least we would be respected and have something to build on for the next year. Looks like some fans rejoice in being bottom feeders. Not me, I want to see us in the playoffs.

If 59-14 wasn't a wake up call then nothing will wake them.

Yeah, that's what I was saying.

DenBronx
01-23-2011, 05:53 PM

Funny how Rogers is 17/30 with two INT's yet no one mentions his poor play today all the while taking jabs at Cutler who was injured early in the game. Bears has the worst O-line in the league and Cutler has nowhere near the talent that Green Bay has at WR. Green Bay also has one of the best defenses in the NFL.

If people are "quiet" about a Bears game then maybe it's because this thread is about the history of Cutler and McD. Green Bays defense is what will win the game anyway because even Manning would be getting KILLED with that terrible line.

BroncoStud
01-23-2011, 05:57 PM
Funny how Rogers is 17/30 with two INT's yet no one mentions his poor play today all the while taking jabs at Cutler who was injured early in the game. Bears has the worst O-line in the league and Cutler has nowhere near the talent that Green Bay has at WR. Green Bay also has one of the best defenses in the NFL.

If people are "quiet" about a Bears game then maybe it's because this thread is about the history of Cutler and McD. Green Bays defense is what will win the game anyway because even Manning would be getting KILLED with that terrible line.

The Bears MUST retool their offensive line and pick up another WR this offseason to help Jay out. Their line might be the worst in the NFL.

Northman
01-23-2011, 06:00 PM
The Bears MUST retool their offensive line and pick up another WR this offseason to help Jay out. Their line might be the worst in the NFL.

Its ranked 32nd, but i guess your right it could be a lot lower. Do we rank little league teams?

BroncoStud
01-23-2011, 06:02 PM
Its ranked 32nd, but i guess your right it could be a lot lower. Do we rank little league teams?

I'm not really sure how one would "rank" an offensive unit like that effectively, but it's bad, real bad. Can't win in the NFL with a bad offensive line, at least not consistently.

DenBronx
01-23-2011, 06:03 PM

I know some UFL teams with better protection.

slim
01-23-2011, 06:05 PM
I'm not really sure how one would "rank" an offensive unit like that effectively, but it's bad, real bad. Can't win in the NFL with a bad offensive line, at least not consistently.

The ranking is subjective, obviously.

DenBronx
01-23-2011, 06:25 PM
The ranking is subjective, obviously.

Well they did give up 10 sacks to the Giants, Cutler got a concussion and they went through 3 QB's like they did today. Cutler got smacked around all year because of a lack of protection.

And that's just two games out of the whole year.

slim
01-23-2011, 06:28 PM
Well they did give up 10 sacks to the Giants, Cutler got a concussion and they went through 3 QB's like they did today. Cutler got smacked around all year because of a lack of protection.

And that's just two games out of the whole year.

When Mike Martz is the OC, that is going to happen. The talent on the OL is almost irrelevant. It's just the way he runs his offense.

If you look at the stats, MM's team always lead the league in sacks.

gobroncsnv
01-23-2011, 06:31 PM
So does being a "franchise QB" mean you get more excuses than a journeyman... 31.8 rating... and he missed on some wide open passes. I don't think Orton would have done any different for the Bears out there...
Ok, guess I just need to have some fun here, but Cutler really is looking worse than Plummer did under similar circumstances, and Jake played out the whole game.
Bottom line is, Jay is no better than Jake as far as "rising above it" when the team is having an off game. That is pretty evident today.
Don't worry, I'm getting the fireproofing out... but seriously, the Jay/Jake chapter in Broncos should finally be closed, as a draw, in my book.

DenBronx
01-23-2011, 06:37 PM
So does being a "franchise QB" mean you get more excuses than a journeyman... 31.8 rating... and he missed on some wide open passes. I don't think Orton would have done any different for the Bears out there...
Ok, guess I just need to have some fun here, but Cutler really is looking worse than Plummer did under similar circumstances, and Jake played out the whole game.
Bottom line is, Jay is no better than Jake as far as "rising above it" when the team is having an off game. That is pretty evident today.
Don't worry, I'm getting the fireproofing out... but seriously, the Jay/Jake chapter in Broncos should finally be closed, as a draw, in my book.

Can't be closed. Cutlers still got alot of football left. How long did it take Cutler to get to an NFCCG vs how long did it take Plummer to get to an AFCCG?

Slick
01-23-2011, 06:38 PM
I'm surprised how much bandwidth Cutler still gets here at the Forums.

atwater27
01-23-2011, 06:48 PM

More than all his detractors and most of his supporters expected... NFC championship game?!! I wasn't picking Chicago to win 5 games.

That Green Bay D is championship quality. They will get the Lombardi AGAIN this year.

atwater27
01-23-2011, 06:51 PM
I'm surprised how much bandwidth Cutler still gets here at the Forums.

Hate has some staying power. Especially when it is directed at the wrong guy.

atwater27
01-23-2011, 06:53 PM
awfully quiet it got all of a sudden. with jay and his bears getting their ass kicked.. No, it's quiet in here because our Broncos aren't playing this week and Jay's Bears are.:eek: oh my jay hurt his kneww or just gave up after getting his ass kicked.. I wonder which..

Not sure which? You should walk up and ask him. Let us know how it goes.:salute:

Nomad
01-23-2011, 07:04 PM

This is no surprise to me!! Though McDaniels did some boneheaded things while he was here, the Cutler Saga was on Cutler and McDaniels did his best to get his QB and it didn't work out!!

gobroncsnv
01-23-2011, 07:05 PM
Can't be closed. Cutlers still got alot of football left. How long did it take Cutler to get to an NFCCG vs how long did it take Plummer to get to an AFCCG?

Agreed, but I'm just hearkening back to the comments that surrounded Plummer being the sole reason that Denver lost to the Steelers... I really DON'T think that Cutler lost the game for the Bears, but what I'm getting at is that he didn't do anything to help them win while he was in there and healthy. Just really tossing some tweaks around here.
But what does stand is that he gets a lot more excuses (knee, bad oline, etc) than folks are willing to give Orton (ankle, bad oline, etc)... Today should have been his time to shine, and he took a dump. I saw Orton make better throws this season than Cutler did today.
Cutler does have time left in his career to show that he may have some big game quality to him, but today was not that day.

DenBronx
01-23-2011, 07:07 PM
Hate has some staying power. Especially when it is directed at the wrong guy.

"It doesn't dissipate" - Mike Shanahan
In regards to his hatred towards the Raiders.

This is the way I feel regarding McDaniels.

DenBronx
01-23-2011, 07:14 PM
Agreed, but I'm just hearkening back to the comments that surrounded Plummer being the sole reason that Denver lost to the Steelers... I really DON'T think that Cutler lost the game for the Bears, but what I'm getting at is that he didn't do anything to help them win while he was in there and healthy. Just really tossing some tweaks around here.
But what does stand is that he gets a lot more excuses (knee, bad oline, etc) than folks are willing to give Orton (ankle, bad oline, etc)... Today should have been his time to shine, and he took a dump. I saw Orton make better throws this season than Cutler did today.
Cutler does have time left in his career to show that he may have some big game quality to him, but today was not that day.

I see your point.

But the difference is Orton took a dump every game while Cutler at least helped them to a Championship game. It's never 1 player anyway. The Bears have a much better defense then we do but Cutler did win them games this year. If the Broncos could go back in time I'm not so sure they would do this trade but the Bears would 10 out of 10 times.

Lonestar
01-23-2011, 07:16 PM
Yep jay took a huge dump today a great will remember it for a long time.

Hopefully his apologists will take a hint and let it go.

BroncoStud
01-23-2011, 07:20 PM

Aaron Rodgers was pretty bad today as well, his stats weren't any better than Jay's were. All I know is Jay is 100X better than Kyle Sorry Ass Orton and he got his team to the NFC Championship.

Whether you like it or not McDaniels is a dumbass.

atwater27
01-23-2011, 07:24 PM

Your boy Josh took a big dump, and the Broncos along with him.

guess you should take a hint and stop apologizing for McD and find another team to root for. I am starting to take a liking to using your reasoning.

Nomad
01-23-2011, 07:29 PM
Aaron Rodgers was pretty bad today as well, his stats weren't any better than Jay's were. All I know is Jay is 100X better than Kyle Sorry Ass Orton and he got his team to the NFC Championship.

Whether you like it or not McDaniels is a dumbass.

I will agree with what you say here about McDaniels and Cutler being better than Orton but as these reporters have said and what I believe as well since day 1 of the McDaniels hire, Cutler didn't want to be part of the BRONCOS with McDaniels as the coach especially after Bates was let go.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-23-2011, 07:44 PM
From article:

Among the oddities of McJaygate is that neither party was initially at fault. Cutler had every right to be ticked because, after losing head coach Mike Shanahan, he was briefly appeased by the belief that owner Pat Bowlen would confide in him while the replacement was chosen.

Instead, Bowlen selected the one head coach from the seven finalists that Cutler least wanted. Cutler figured the hiring of McDaniels meant the departure of Jeremy Bates, his closest coaching confidante.

WHY would any QB not named P. Manning or Brady even be part of the process of hiring a new HC :confused:

Northman
01-23-2011, 07:49 PM
Yea, bad day for Jay. But hey Big Ben is 4-10 38 yds and 1 INT with a QB rating of 11.7. He must really suck. lmao

Ravage!!!
01-23-2011, 07:57 PM
Can't take half a game and really say it was a bad day. Have seen MANY QBs have a rough half and turn things around. Rodgers had a terrible second half and a QB rating of somewhere in the 50s.

The person that still took the biggest "dump"... was McD and his coaching. HOpefully, the McDaniels apologists will finally see and quit making excuses.

gobroncsnv
01-23-2011, 08:12 PM
Jay's taking quite a beating on post game tweets from players around the league. check out Yahoo's story. Basically saying the Bears are the second team he's quit on...

Krugan
01-23-2011, 08:26 PM
From article:

WHY would any QB not named P. Manning or Brady even be part of the process of hiring a new HC :confused:

Because Bowlen said he was the man in Denver.

Dont blame cutler for taking it at face value, blame Bowlen for opening his mouth on that one.

Honestly, it could have worked out much better for the broncos had the staff that drafted made better use of the picks we got for him.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-23-2011, 08:30 PM
Because Bowlen said he was the man in Denver.

Dont blame cutler for taking it at face value, blame Bowlen for opening his mouth on that one.

Honestly, it could have worked out much better for the broncos had the staff that drafted made better use of the picks we got for him.

I wasn't blaming Cutler, I was asking a question.

Ravage!!!
01-23-2011, 08:33 PM
I'll take the word of guys like Urlacher, who actually plays with Jay, before tweets of those that are just running their mouths about things they don't know about.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-23-2011, 08:40 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/23238/fair-or-not-a-defining-day-for-jay-cutler

PAINTERDAVE
01-23-2011, 08:41 PM
This just in from some chicago fans......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_pgvN6Y244

Lonestar
01-23-2011, 08:42 PM
Jay's taking quite a beating on post game tweets from players around the league. check out Yahoo's story. Basically saying the Bears are the second team he's quit on...

YeAh thought I saw him say I quit going off the field after getting his assed kicked in the endzone just before the half.

I guess he never heard the comment that God takes care of drunks and fools both of which je seems to qualify at.

BroncoStud
01-23-2011, 08:50 PM
Not gonna judge Jay because we saw him take a beating against the Giants earlier in the season and keep getting up until he was literally knocked silly, but there are a lot of players who would have played through that... Matthews was hobbled for most of the 4th quarter and stayed in. Big Ben played with 2 badly hurt ankles for several games this season...

It looked like Jay COULD have come back in the game.

Mr. Tebow would have been out there.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-23-2011, 08:54 PM
# Not watching game, listening on radio, but Westwood One announcers openly questioned Jay Cutler for sitting out due to knee injury. about 3 hours ago via ÜberTwitter

http://twitter.com/adamschefter

Lonestar
01-23-2011, 08:57 PM
From article:

Not even sure I'd ask their permission on who to hire, might ask for their input but certainly not get their OK.

Silly for anyone to think Pat should have.
As proved in today's game he is joy the special. One winning season since HS and the D and ST probably has more to do with that than he did.

gobroncsnv
01-23-2011, 08:58 PM
either way, I think Cutler's rep took quite a hit, or reinforced the idea that he's kind of a head case. Physically, he has all the tools, but based on today's game, I question his leadership value, just as many question Orton's. Fair is fair.

DenBronx
01-23-2011, 08:59 PM
YeAh thought I saw him say I quit going off the field after getting his assed kicked in the endzone just before the half.

I guess he never heard the comment that God takes care of drunks and fools both of which je seems to qualify at.

The day you put on pads in the NFL is the day I will accept your credibility on player injuries. Which will be never.

For now, I'll believe Urlacher, the Bears trainers, coaches and someone who knows their own body.

Cutler said in the post game interview that the trainers pulled him.

I guess Terrell Davis sucked because he got a knee injury too?

Lets face it...Cutler got thrown around against the Giants and kept playing until he got a concussion. The guy is pretty tough in my book because I saw him play through pain even when he was in Denver.

But yeah even if Jesus was the QB you would still find a way to complain. :coffee:

atwater27
01-23-2011, 09:00 PM
# Not watching game, listening on radio, but Westwood One announcers openly questioned Jay Cutler for sitting out due to knee injury. about 3 hours ago via ÜberTwitter

http://twitter.com/adamschefter

Oh Noes! Announcers are always spot on. :rolleyes:

atwater27
01-23-2011, 09:02 PM
If Cutty coulda played, he woulda played. laughing at the jackassery of all the 'internet phD's in sports medicine'.

Lonestar
01-23-2011, 09:03 PM
Not gonna judge Jay because we saw him take a beating against the Giants earlier in the season and keep getting up until he was literally knocked silly, but there are a lot of players who would have played through that... Matthews was hobbled for most of the 4th quarter and stayed in. Big Ben played with 2 badly hurt ankles for several games this season...

It looked like Jay COULD have come back in the game.

Mr. Tebow would have been out there.

Jay has had the crap kicked out of him the past two years there is no doubt about that NE he quit today

Denver Native (Carol)
01-23-2011, 09:05 PM
Oh Noes! Announcers are always spot on. :rolleyes:

He is getting it from many different sites:

Jay Cutler under attack for leaving Bears' loss with knee injury

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/01/jay-cutler-under-attack-for-leaving-bears-loss-with-knee-injury/1

Cutler struggles as Bears drop NFC title game

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AowHZpx93Va.kcy9mKc4eLJDubYF?slug=ap-nfcchampionship-bears

Lonestar
01-23-2011, 09:12 PM
The day you put on pads in the NFL is the day I will accept your credibility on player injuries. Which will be never.
For now, I'll believe Urlacher, the Bears trainers, coaches and someone who knows their own body.
Cutler said in the post game interview that the trainers pulled him
I guess Terrell Davis sucked because he got a knee injury too?
Lets face it...Cutler got thrown around against the Giants and kept playing until he got a concussion. The guy is pretty tough in my book because I saw him play through pain even when he was in Denver.
But yeah even if Jesus was the QB you would still find a way to complain. :coffee:

you Will apologize for jay matter what btw the way y'all talk about him I thought he was Jesus.

Just can't be gracious losers can y'all. Admit he is not the second coming and move on.

DenBronx
01-23-2011, 09:15 PM
After listening to the Cutler post game interview he said after injuring his knee they gave it another go in the last series and he COULDNT PLANT so they pulled him.

Sounds like he tried to play through they pain and he couldnt. Also they suspect and sounds like ligament damage. I also noticed his throwing arm was bloodied.

Ok proceed with the Cutler bashing trollboys.

PAINTERDAVE
01-23-2011, 09:20 PM
I aint bashing him..

just commenting on what has happened.

If a ton of players are dogging him...
if his toughness is in question..
it is like a stain on his career.

This kinda stuff seldom goes away.

Perception BECOMES reality.

DenBronx
01-23-2011, 09:25 PM
I aint bashing him..

What BEARS players said this? Is this just perception from TV?

Here are facts.

“We gave it a go that first series but I couldn’t really plant and throw, so they kind of pulled me,” said Cutler, who’s scheduled for an MRI on Monday.

He was asked what he was told by his coaches when he couldn’t return and said: “I knew that it was probably better that I didn’t. I knew my knee, I know my body.”

Veteran center Olin Kreutz(notes) said he saw Cutler’s knee shaking when he returned to the huddle after taking a hit to the outside of his leg and knew the quarterback was in trouble. He was surprised, actually, that Cutler stayed in the game and even more stunned when he came out for the third quarter.

“It was shaking right after he took the hit and walked back into the huddle,” Kreutz said. “It was swinging. I knew that one of his ligaments probably went.”

hmmm...yeah sounds very minor. Like an owie...or a scratch. :coffee:

PAINTERDAVE
01-23-2011, 09:31 PM
He is getting it from many different sites:

Jay Cutler under attack for leaving Bears' loss with knee injury

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/01/jay-cutler-under-attack-for-leaving-bears-loss-with-knee-injury/1

Cutler struggles as Bears drop NFC title game

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AowHZpx93Va.kcy9mKc4eLJDubYF?slug=ap-nfcchampionship-bears

This is what I was refering to....

Specificly...

Fellow NFL players questioned Cutler's toughness on Twitter during the game,
and ESPN analyst and former Super Bowl-winning QB Trent Dilfer called him out after the game.

"You can play this position (QB) hurt," Dilfer said on ESPN. "Some of us have."

Lonestar
01-23-2011, 10:00 PM
I aint bashing him..

valid points Dave, same questions since HS. I think I know why Turner would not give hima QB scholarship.. Heart or lack thereof.

Krugan
01-23-2011, 10:05 PM
I wasn't blaming Cutler, I was asking a question.

I should have used cant instead of dont, poor choice of words on my part. :)

Lonestar
01-23-2011, 10:07 PM
This is what I was refering to....

Specificly...

Fellow NFL players questioned Cutler's toughness on Twitter during the game,
and ESPN analyst and former Super Bowl-winning QB Trent Dilfer called him out after the game.

"You can play this position (QB) hurt," Dilfer said on ESPN. "Some of us have."

Hell IIRC John played without a Bicep tendon in his throwing arm.

God knows how many hits he had on his knees and IIRC has had knee replacement surgrey.

jay got his fat contract and IMHO that is all he was looking for.

But just remember Dave, Trent is not a respected anaylst now that he has questioned jay, just when he questions Orton or Jake. Then it was OK and he knew what he was talking about.

I also suspect they could have put a brace on it to stabilize it and let him back on teh feild, the question about him not being able to plant on it hell 80% of his passes are not when the foot is planted anyway..

But lets hear the jay bois fan club about that..

Denver Native (Carol)
01-23-2011, 10:09 PM
As for myself, I am not bashing Cutler - I just don't think he was totally innocent in what happened with the Broncos, nor do I feel he is a franchise QB like some do.

Krugan
01-23-2011, 10:10 PM
If he couldnt plant, he couldnt plant.

I guess we will find out after an MRI, if he blew something up, then there should be alot of people who learn how to just ****.

there is a difference between playing hurt and playing injured, im guessing there are alot more people who couldnt throw off a weak knee then there are that can.

Frankly i dont care, I think GB pitts will be a better superbowl. Although I could give to twigs for either team.

gobroncsnv
01-23-2011, 10:18 PM
Maybe this next season we can all just be Bronco fans again... now that each side has gotten each other back about "their" qb's and all, and all the oxen have gotten gored.

And I'll pull for the Pack, since I was a fan of theirs back in the days of Bart Starr, et al.

atwater27
01-23-2011, 10:21 PM
Maybe this next season we can all just be Bronco fans again... now that each side has gotten each other back about qb's and all, and all the oxen have gotten gored.

You kiddin me? This will never end. Case in point, the fact that it is late January and the Cutler haters are still out in full force blaming all the bad things in their lives on the former Bronco. If it wasn't so pitiful a display, it would actually be funny.

DenBronx
01-23-2011, 10:24 PM
If he couldnt plant, he couldnt plant.

I guess we will find out after an MRI, if he blew something up, then there should be alot of people who learn how to just ****.

there is a difference between playing hurt and playing injured, im guessing there are alot more people who couldnt throw off a weak knee then there are that can.

Frankly i dont care, I think GB pitts will be a better superbowl. Although I could give to twigs for either team.

I think Green Bay will have a better chance to beat Pitt then the Bears would.

Match up wise that is.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-23-2011, 10:32 PM
You kiddin me? This will never end. Case in point, the fact that it is late January and the Cutler haters are still out in full force blaming all the bad things in their lives on the former Bronco. If it wasn't so pitiful a display, it would actually be funny.

Please keep your sarcastic mile high salutes to yourself - TIA

gobroncsnv
01-23-2011, 10:34 PM

So you don't remember all the grief that Orton took when he had ankle problems? You're right, it is funny... ok, I guess you're right, it will never end. But can't say I didn't try.

Lonestar
01-23-2011, 10:44 PM
Maybe this next season we can all just be Bronco fans again... now that each side has gotten each other back about "their" qb's and all, and all the oxen have gotten gored.

And I'll pull for the Pack, since I was a fan of theirs back in the days of Bart Starr, et al.

Damn Bart Starr I thought I was the only old fogie here..

I've been a fan of theirs since the "ice bowl" that was the first time I remember them playing like that..

As for getting back to being Bronco fans that is all I have ever been. there seems to be some that put players on pedestals, and being so proud or in love with them they just do not see the forrest for the trees.. thye can do no wrong and there will always be rancor on this site becasue of jay and his whiny ways..

If he'd have acted like a man instead of what he is a panty waist, few folks would have any feelings about his departure. But since guy half his size "ran him out of town" they will never forget.

Bosco
01-23-2011, 10:47 PM
For as poorly as his coaching tenure turned out, I will forever be grateful to McDaniels for getting that worthless **** out of Denver, even if it wasn't his intent.

atwater27
01-23-2011, 10:47 PM
Please keep your sarcastic mile high salutes to yourself - TIA

Aw maam, just a little good natured sass. You got it, I got plenty of sarcasm to share with you in public.

atwater27
01-23-2011, 10:49 PM
For as poorly as his coaching tenure turned out, I will forever be grateful to McDaniels for getting that worthless **** out of Denver, even if it wasn't his intent.

And I will forever be grateful to Bowlen for realizing what a colossal mistake it truly was to hire a coach that got rid of so many good players and getting that worthless **** out of Denver, even if it was his fault Josh got hired anyways.:beer:

Lonestar
01-23-2011, 10:49 PM

HEY sounds like your an ABC fan also.

:salute:

Lonestar
01-23-2011, 10:50 PM
sour grapes anyone :salute:

gobroncsnv
01-23-2011, 10:52 PM
Yeah, I watched the Ice Bowl on live TV.... one of the greatest games ever.
Actually, you could go back as far as the 2005 AFCG to see just how far back the rancor goes, actually before even that, but many blaming solely Plummer for the loss, when the WHOLE team absolutely sucked that game. This is just a rehash of some of those threads, actually, and there is pain now that the shoes are on the other feet.

DenBronx
01-23-2011, 10:53 PM
McD was fired after 1 1/2 years.

HA HA HAAAAA

Talk about suck factor.

atwater27
01-23-2011, 10:53 PM
sour grapes anyone :salute:

We know you miss Josh, but give it a rest and move on.

BroncoStud
01-23-2011, 11:00 PM
Josh made a lot of money to suck.

Lonestar
01-23-2011, 11:03 PM
Yeah, I watched the Ice Bowl on live TV.... one of the greatest games ever.
Actually, you could go back as far as the 2005 AFCG to see just how far back the rancor goes, actually before even that, but many blaming solely Plummer for the loss, when the WHOLE team absolutely sucked that game. This is just a rehash of some of those threads, actually, and there is pain now that the shoes are on the other feet.

PAin you do not know pain..

way to many folks bought into the cutler hype fell in love with him and just do not have the huevos to admit they were wrong.. gonna be a lot of thumb sucking the next few years until they get it.. some folks were silly enough to give up their season tickets over cutlers trade.. kind of a fair weather fan..

Who ever is the QB is my guy I may not like him because he is a punk (jay) but I would not give up my fanhood over a putz like that..

Lonestar
01-23-2011, 11:04 PM
McD was fired after 1 1/2 years.

HA HA HAAAAA

Talk about suck factor. that the best you got?

DenBronx
01-23-2011, 11:09 PM
that the best you got?

4-12 isn't enough for your blinders to fall off?

atwater27
01-23-2011, 11:11 PM

way to many folks bought into the Josh McDaniels hype, I fell in love with him and just do not have the huevos to admit they were wrong.. gonna be a lot of thumb sucking the next few years until I get it.. some folks like me were silly enough to give up their football I.Q. over Josh's hiring..

Who ever is the coachis my guy I like him because he is a punk (josh) and I would give up my manhood over a putz like that..

The truth comes out...

Bosco
01-23-2011, 11:13 PM

way to many folks bought into the cutler hype fell in love with him and just do not have the huevos to admit they were wrong.. gonna be a lot of thumb sucking the next few years until they get it.. some folks were silly enough to give up their season tickets over cutlers trade.. kind of a fair weather fan..

Who ever is the QB is my guy I may not like him because he is a punk (jay) but I would not give up my fanhood over a putz like that..

That's what funny about all this. I've had players and coaches I liked come and go for years, but you never see me turning into a big cry baby about it, much less giving up season tickets and threatening to go root for another team.

Maybe I'm just better at handling adversity than the common person, but you think modern NFL fans would be a little more accustomed to change.

DenBronx
01-23-2011, 11:14 PM

So we were better off with Ortonary and Plumberbutt.

Got it. :rolleyes:

Lonestar
01-23-2011, 11:15 PM
That's what funny about all this. I've had players and coaches I liked come and go for years, but you never see me turning into a big cry baby about it, much less giving up season tickets and threatening to go root for another team.

Maybe I'm just better at handling adversity than the common person, but you think modern NFL fans would be a little more accustomed to change.

Nah free agency has not been around long enough for folks to realized players come and go but mascots live on for ever..

Nite..

Lonestar
01-23-2011, 11:17 PM

major name calling huh?

just not sure if I'm dealing with a 12 year old or someone seriously obsessed, think it is time for IGGY..

atwater27
01-23-2011, 11:18 PM
Nite..

Yeah, quit while you're ahead.:lol:

atwater27
01-23-2011, 11:18 PM
you not agree with me. Me ignore you. ooga boogaMobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

edited for accuracy.

DenBronx
01-23-2011, 11:26 PM
Nah free agency has not been around long enough for folks to realized players come and go but mascots live on for ever..

Nite..

The sleep might help your thought process...

...if not maybe meds will be a choice. I hear Lexipro works wonders.

DenBronx
01-23-2011, 11:36 PM
The truth comes out...

Haha good catch.

Sounds like Jr is willing to turn the cheek with a coach but not a player. Truth is McD has 100x the ego.

Caught with the hand in the cookie jar.

DenBronx
01-24-2011, 12:29 AM
If word comes out that Cutler merely sprained his MCL, I'll eat my laptop. The dude played an entire season with untreated diabetes!
36 minutes ago via web

http://twitter.com/VicLombardi

topscribe
01-24-2011, 12:39 AM

The level of some of the posting in here just underwhelms me . . .

-----

Watchthemiddle
01-24-2011, 12:59 AM
If word comes out that Cutler merely sprained his MCL, I'll eat my laptop. The dude played an entire season with untreated diabetes!
36 minutes ago via web

http://twitter.com/VicLombardi

And....

Its the NFCCG..wouldn't you do anything and everythign to play??

Everyone needs to stop with the excuses for a guy who is nothing but a straight up sally. Plain and simple.

DenBronx
01-24-2011, 01:46 AM
And....

Its the NFCCG..wouldn't you do anything and everythign to play??

Everyone needs to stop with the excuses for a guy who is nothing but a straight up sally. Plain and simple.

And....he did play in the NFCCG

And...he did hurt his knee so bad it wiggled and wouldnt stay in place

And... he did go back in another series

And...he found out he couldnt plant

And...he was examined

And...he was pulled by his coaches due to his injury

And....he DID try and go back in the 3rd quarter

And....they did not let him

Watchthemiddle
01-24-2011, 02:40 AM
And....he did play in the NFCCG

And...he did hurt his knee so bad it wiggled and wouldnt stay in place

And... he did go back in another series

And...he found out he couldnt plant

And...he was examined

And...he was pulled by his coaches due to his injury

And....he DID try and go back in the 3rd quarter

And....they did not let him

And he QUIT.

Where was the wrap? The Brace? The crutches? The shots? The fight to get back in? The supporting of his team and teamates?

Read this...very interesting.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/columns/story?columnist=wilbon_michael&id=6052280

If other current NFL and former NFL players who have played, been there, won super bowls notice it, you know his current teamates noticed it.

Tempus Fugit
01-24-2011, 02:55 AM
If the doctors tell Cutler that there's nothing about his knee that requires surgery, he'd better get a second opinion. If he doesn't get cut on, he'll lose that Bears locker room, if he hasn't already.

DenBronx
01-24-2011, 03:43 AM
And he QUIT.

Where was the wrap? The Brace? The crutches? The shots? The fight to get back in? The supporting of his team and teamates?

Read this...very interesting.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/columns/story?columnist=wilbon_michael&id=6052280

If other current NFL and former NFL players who have played, been there, won super bowls notice it, you know his current teamates noticed it.

I have tore ligaments before in basketball practice. You don't need crutches like a broken bone right away. I walked to my car, walked into the hospital and walked out on crutches. Just because you see someone walking around doesn't mean the injury isn't serious.

Who's to say he didn't get a shot at halftime? Jay reportedly tried to go back in the 3rd quarter.

Perception versus reality are two different things. What people perceive on national TV are not facts. Could reality be that Jay actually didn't want a wrap because he wanted to wait and see how it felt or if the ligaments actually could hold the knee in place? I guess we will have to wait and see until his MRI comes back.

Northman
01-24-2011, 03:45 AM
The supporting of his team and teamates?

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=6051718

Brian Urlacher:
"Jay was hurt. I don't question his toughness. He's tough as hell. He's one of the toughest guys on our football team".

Olin Kruetz:
"I didn't even think he was going to finish the half," Kreutz said. "When he came back to try it again, that amazed me. It was shaking right after he took the hit and walked back in the huddle. It was swinging like this [waving his hand back and forth].

Rashied Davis:
"You know yourself better than anybody, and Jay is a very tough guy. You've seen it," Davis said. "For him to go out of a game, something had to be wrong. I don't know what it is, but Jay is a pretty tough dude."

Even Charles Woodson from the Packers:
"You know if he doesn't come back it had to be serious, not to come back and play in this game,"

I found it pretty hysterical that a lot of the tweeters were Seahawk players who got their asses handed to them by Cutler just one week before. Can you say "Bitter?" :lol:

DenBronx
01-24-2011, 03:57 AM
Click the link and hear it from the horses mouth ladies. Cutler wanted to play, he tried to get back in the game and they woudn't let him.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2011/01/cutler-to-undergo-mri-on-injured-knee-monday.html

Jay Cutler tried to give it a go on an injured left knee Sunday, but said the Chicago Bears coaching staff gave him the hook after one second-half series of the NFC Championship Game loss to the Green Bay Packers.

The Bears quarterback will undergo an MRI on the injury Monday, and teammates Olin Kreutz and Brian Urlacher talked about the possibility of a torn MCL.

"He walked into the huddle, I could see his knee," center Olin Kreutz said. "When you tear a ligament it feels like there is nothing there and it's like it's wobbling and it gives out on you. If you don't have an MCL injury or whatever he has, then you don't understand."

DenBronx
01-24-2011, 03:59 AM
Almost instantly, Cutler was criticized across the Internet, with Jacksonville Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew saying on his Twitter account that he played the entire season on a bad knee. Arizona Cardinals safety Kerry Rhodes also chimed in.

"Who? Where's he at right now?" Urlacher said about Jones-Drew. "Home. It's easy to talk (crap) about someone when you're sitting on your couch watching their game. That's what I am saying. I don't understand it. I don't get it. Let them sprain their MCL or do whatever he did to his knee and then get back in the game. They can do that. See how well they run the ball or whoever the guy is, see how well he does whatever position he plays. I don't agree with it. It's easy to write that stuff on the Internet."

DenBronx
01-24-2011, 04:02 AM
Jay Cutler
News Update Cutler slated for MRI
Posted: 8 hrs 25 mins ago. | Source fanball.com

Jay Cutler is scheduled to undergo an MRI on his injured knee on Monday, reports SI's Jim Trotter.

Our View: The injury had to be serious, since Bears doctors and trainers decided to hold him out of the game's second half. Sadly, even a severe injury won't silence Cutler's critics.

Read more: http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Jay_Cutler/1432217#ixzz1BwRWvq6Z

Tempus Fugit
01-24-2011, 04:03 AM
Almost instantly, Cutler was criticized across the Internet, with Jacksonville Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew saying on his Twitter account that he played the entire season on a bad knee. Arizona Cardinals safety Kerry Rhodes also chimed in.

"Who? Where's he at right now?" Urlacher said about Jones-Drew. "Home. It's easy to talk (crap) about someone when you're sitting on your couch watching their game. That's what I am saying. I don't understand it. I don't get it. Let them sprain their MCL or do whatever he did to his knee and then get back in the game. They can do that. See how well they run the ball or whoever the guy is, see how well he does whatever position he plays. I don't agree with it. It's easy to write that stuff on the Internet."

Jones-Drew played 14 of his team's 16 games with a knee that had needed surgery since before the season had even begun. Urhlacher should have picked a different critic to call out.

DenBronx
01-24-2011, 04:06 AM
Rivers played through a simular injury and lost. As a HC do you keep playing an injured player who is struggling to plant or run or possibly put in a backup...who actually almost helped the Bears to a comeback win. Playing through injury makes you come across as superman to the media and the world but does it give the TEAM the best chance to win?

http://uservideos.smashits.com/video/6i3DeC3bw5U/jay-cutler-injury-could-be-torn-mcl-will-have-mri-monday.html

Jay Cutler Injury Could Be Torn MCL, Will Have MRI Monday Jay Cutler's injury in the NFC Championship Game could be worse than initially expected. NBC Sports' Evan Silva tweets that the Bears believe Cutler's injury could be a torn MCL, and they'll be running further tests on him on Monday. Jay Cutler will have an MRI on his knee tomorrow. It's believed that he tore his MCL, but Bears will know for sure after tests. Of course, even that injury isn't enough for some people to back off the criticism of Cutler. Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio fires off this pithy whine: As to the "torn MCL" excuse for Cutler, Philip Rivers finished a game and played another with a torn ACL. Florio's referring to the postseason Rivers had in 2007, when he tore his ACL in a win over the Colts and played rather terribly against the Patriots in the AFC Championship Game. Rivers threw two interceptions and couldn't get the Chargers a touchdown in the latter game, and they lost, 21-12. But, hey, he's tough.

Northman
01-24-2011, 04:13 AM
Rivers played through a simular injury and lost. As a HC do you keep playing an injured player who is struggling to plant or run or possibly put in a backup...who actually almost helped the Bears to a comeback win. Playing through injury makes you come across as superman to the media and the world but does it give the TEAM the best chance to win?

http://uservideos.smashits.com/video/6i3DeC3bw5U/jay-cutler-injury-could-be-torn-mcl-will-have-mri-monday.html

Jay Cutler Injury Could Be Torn MCL, Will Have MRI Monday Jay Cutler's injury in the NFC Championship Game could be worse than initially expected. NBC Sports' Evan Silva tweets that the Bears believe Cutler's injury could be a torn MCL, and they'll be running further tests on him on Monday. Jay Cutler will have an MRI on his knee tomorrow. It's believed that he tore his MCL, but Bears will know for sure after tests. Of course, even that injury isn't enough for some people to back off the criticism of Cutler. Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio fires off this pithy whine: As to the "torn MCL" excuse for Cutler, Philip Rivers finished a game and played another with a torn ACL. Florio's referring to the postseason Rivers had in 2007, when he tore his ACL in a win over the Colts and played rather terribly against the Patriots in the AFC Championship Game. Rivers threw two interceptions and couldn't get the Chargers a touchdown in the latter game, and they lost, 21-12. But, hey, he's tough.

Indeed.

Found out a few days ago Tom Brady had a bad leg as well. Did it help or hinder him in that game? We watched Favre this year go out and fight through injury only to play very poorly before finally having to sit. Big Ben was limping a lot yesterday but his Qb rating was terrible and he threw 2 picks. Good thing his defense was good enough to carry him to another Super Bowl.

DenBronx
01-24-2011, 04:18 AM
Jones-Drew played 14 of his team's 16 games with a knee that had needed surgery since before the season had even begun. Urhlacher should have picked a different critic to call out.

MJD had a partially torn Meniscus (torn cartilage), which was probably strained at first but my playing through it might have finally tore it week 14. Can sometimes self heal.

What they think Cutler has is a MCL tear (torn ligaments). Requires surgery and will put you out 8 weeks or more.

Tempus Fugit
01-24-2011, 04:29 AM
MJD had a partially torn Meniscus (torn cartilage), which was probably strained at first but my playing through it might have finally tore it week 14. Can sometimes self heal.

What they think Cutler has is a MCL tear (torn ligaments). Requires surgery and will put you out 8 weeks or more.

It required surgery. He put it off for a full season. That's why pointing at Jones-Drew was the wrong guy to go at.

Look, I'm not bagging on Cutler, because I don't know what his injury was. I take injuries to weight bearing joints very seriously, because I know what kind of problems they can cause. But, if Cutler only has a sprained knee or some other relatively mild injury, the images of him in the second half of the game will be brought up time and again, and he'll become a joke. It'll be worse than those shots of Tomlinson on the Chargers sideline while Rivers was still playing with a popped acl.

DenBronx
01-24-2011, 04:37 AM
It required surgery. He put it off for a full season. That's why pointing at Jones-Drew was the wrong guy to go at.

Look, I'm not bagging on Cutler, because I don't know what his injury was. I take injuries to weight bearing joints very seriously, because I know what kind of problems they can cause. But, if Cutler only has a sprained knee or some other relatively mild injury, the images of him in the second half of the game will be brought up time and again, and he'll become a joke. It'll be worse than those shots of Tomlinson on the Chargers sideline while Rivers was still playing with a popped acl.

And I will agree with you and also eat my laptop.

On MJD, his knee injury (cartilage tear, not ligament tear) got worse as the season went on but you can play with torn cartilage. Cutlers injury seems a little more severe. They said his knee was swaying back and forth with no control. Kind of sounds serious to me.

But we will see tomorrow...and if it's only a mild injury then I will lose some respect for Cutler.

Watchthemiddle
01-24-2011, 07:00 AM
Indeed.

Found out a few days ago Tom Brady had a bad leg as well. Did it help or hinder him in that game? We watched Favre this year go out and fight through injury only to play very poorly before finally having to sit. Big Ben was limping a lot yesterday but his Qb rating was terrible and he threw 2 picks. Good thing his defense was good enough to carry him to another Super Bowl.

SO how well did your man play before he got "injured"? How about 6 punts by HIS offense in 7 series. Probably would have been 7 punts, but he decided to throw the ball to a Packer which he loves to do, so that was like a 7th punt. Pretty spectacular by a franchise, highly paid QB. He surely didn't injure himself in warmups....oh wait, maybe he did..we are talking about Jeff Cutler. He didn't exactly light it up when he was "healthy".

Face it, Jeff Cutler is not as good as you and some want to make him out to be. He is overhyped, over rated, has a good arm, and that is about it. I am also beginning to think calling him Jeff Cutler is a compliment. Jeff George was way better.

atwater27
01-24-2011, 08:41 AM
SO how well did your man play before he got "injured"? How about 6 punts by HIS offense in 7 series. Probably would have been 7 punts, but he decided to throw the ball to a Packer which he loves to do, so that was like a 7th punt. Pretty spectacular by a franchise, highly paid QB. He surely didn't injure himself in warmups....oh wait, maybe he did..we are talking about Jeff Cutler. He didn't exactly light it up when he was "healthy".

There is a reason Green Bay's defense is ranked 5th in total defense, 5th in pass defense, 4th in TD passes allowed, 2nd in INT's, 2nd in sacks, and #1 in QB rating average of the opposing team. They are a better team than Chicago, and they won. It's not rocket science. But hats off to one critiquing a player competing in the NFC Championship when his team finished 4-12.

TXBRONC
01-24-2011, 08:57 AM
And I will agree with you and also eat my laptop.

On MJD, his knee injury (cartilage tear, not ligament tear) got worse as the season went on but you can play with torn cartilage. Cutlers injury seems a little more severe. They said his knee was swaying back and forth with no control. Kind of sounds serious to me.

But we will see tomorrow...and if it's only a mild injury then I will lose some respect for Cutler.

There is huge difference in playing with torn cartilage and playing with a ligament tear. With torn cartilage you can still get push with your knees if you tear a ACL, MCL or PCL you wont be able to push off with that leg.

BigDaddyBronco
01-24-2011, 09:31 AM
There is huge difference in playing with torn cartilage and playing with a ligament tear. With torn cartilage you can still get push with your knees if you tear a ACL, MCL or PCL you wont be able to push off with that leg.
Phillip Rivers played an AFC Championship with a torn ACL. He didn't play great, but he played.

We'll see what is reported on Jay's injury, if anything is reported.

TXBRONC
01-24-2011, 09:38 AM
Phillip Rivers played an AFC Championship with a torn ACL. He didn't play great, but he played.

True but he probably shouldn't have. I know they came close to winning but that had more to do with New England looking like crap than it did with Rivers gutty preformance. Besides that I watched Rivers throw the ball in that game and his passes didn't have any zip on them.

BigDaddyBronco
01-24-2011, 09:46 AM
True but he probably shouldn't have. I know they came close to winning but that had more to do with New England looking like crap than it did with Rivers gutty preformance. Besides that I watched Rivers throw the ball in that game and his passes didn't have any zip on them.

Not arguing with that, but Rivers got praised for his toughness and Tomlinson got burried for his when he didn't play and didn't have as bad an injury as Rivers. That's just the way the ball bounces. If Cutler had gone out there and hobbled around and grimaced and failed, he wouldn't have had anyone question his toughness.

SOCALORADO.
01-24-2011, 10:12 AM
Man, this thread took off!
Couple things.
If Jay really tore something in his leg, a MCL or an ACL, then he shouldnt get crap for not playing.
But if it is a sprain, or there some bogus controversy about the injury actually being a legit "tear", then he will be mocked and rightly so.

Even without this little issue which occured yesterday many of us already knew that Pickler was a punk as a person. Hes a punk. He thinks his shit dont stink. Deal with it.
Hes a very physically talented jerk. Thats it. Nothing more, and nothing less.
If he was still on DEN i would root for him, and hate the fact that i have to root for a jerk, but i would be critical of him as much as i am now.

Nomad
01-24-2011, 10:27 AM
Couple things.
If Jay really tore something in his leg, a MCL or an ACL, then he shouldnt get crap for not playing.
But if it is a sprain, or there some bogus controversy about the injury actually being a legit "tear", then he will be mocked and rightly so.

Even without this little issue which occured yesterday many of us already knew that Pickler was a punk as a person. Hes a punk. He thinks his shit dont stink. Deal with it.
If he was still on DEN i would root for him, and hate the fact that i have to root for a jerk, but i would be critical of him as much as i am now.

No one knows the severity of the injury but as Derrick Brooks said, "it was about his mannerism on the sideline". Oh well, Cutler brought this upon himself since he got into the league, and he may not give a shit what people think, but he is a very unlikeable guy!!

BTW, do you believe the doctors are gonna say anything other than the injury was a tear!! Also, Urlacher did the PC thing as a teammate is supposed to do!!

Lonestar
01-24-2011, 10:33 AM
Couple things If Jay really tore something in his leg, a MCL or an ACL, then he shouldnt get crap for not playing.

Best post of the thread.

Why the punk gets so much love is beyond my thought process.
If he even acted like he cared he might get some symphy

Slick
01-24-2011, 10:38 AM
Let go people. It isn't healthy.

Lonestar
01-24-2011, 10:59 AM
I let the moron go along time ago. Cleary many still have a woody for him .
Going to be a really long offseason for them. A great one for me.

Juriga72
01-24-2011, 11:07 AM
Yeah..... Having TWO home playoff games is so much worse than looking at "Who will we take @ #2 this year in the NFL draft".

I think that since not one of our QB's have played in any playoff games right now....Heck I would be happy having Indy taking off a week to allow us to get into the playoffs so they can beat us the very next week again.

BTW..... They just announced that Cutler has a "Tear in the MCL. Right now they are trying to determin the grade of tear thru test (MRI) results"

Symptoms of a medial collateral ligament injury tend to correlate with the extent of the injury. MCL injuries are graded on a scale of I to III.

•Grade I MCL Tear
This is an incomplete tear of the MCL. The tendon is still in continuity, and the symptoms are usually minimal. Patients usually complain of pain with pressure on the MCL, and may be able to return to their sport very quickly. Most athletes miss 1-2 weeks of play.

•Grade II MCL Tear
Grade II injuries are also considered incomplete tears of the MCL. These patients may complain of instability when attempting to cut or pivot. The pain and swelling is more significant, and usually a period of 3-4 weeks of rest is necessary.

•Grade III MCL Tear
A grade III injury is a complete tear of the MCL. Patients have significant pain and swelling, and often have difficulty bending the knee. Instability, or giving out, is a common finding with grade III MCL tears. A knee brace or a knee immobilizer is usually needed for comfort, and healing may take 6 weeks or longer.

LordTrychon
01-24-2011, 11:10 AM
Not arguing with that, but Rivers got praised for his toughness and Tomlinson got burried for his when he didn't play and didn't have as bad an injury as Rivers. That's just the way the ball bounces. If Cutler had gone out there and hobbled around and grimaced and failed, he wouldn't have had anyone question his toughness.

So the real problem is that Cutler didn't grimmace when he was playing hurt.

He was out there with a torn ligament, and we couldn't tell that he was, so he's catching shit for it. His teammate said he could see his leg wobbling in the huddle.

He did go out and play hurt. He should have shown his pain more for us at home. Shame on him.

bcbronc
01-24-2011, 11:18 AM
There is a reason Green Bay's defense is ranked 5th in total defense, 5th in pass defense, 4th in TD passes allowed, 2nd in INT's, 2nd in sacks, and #1 in QB rating average of the opposing team. They are a better team than Chicago, and they won. It's not rocket science. But hats off to one critiquing a player competing in the NFC Championship when his team finished 4-12.

Lol! So when CHI beats the first sub .500 team in NFL playoffs, its cuz Cutler played "lights out" but when he no-shows in the biggest game of his career (yes, even before he got *"injured" he had no-showed) its because GB is the better team.

Typical.

Mike
01-24-2011, 11:35 AM
Yeah..... Having TWO home playoff games is so much worse than looking at "Who will we take @ #2 this year in the NFL draft".

I think that since not one of our QB's have played in any playoff games right now....Heck I would be happy having Indy taking off a week to allow us to get into the playoffs so they can beat us the very next week again.

BTW..... They just announced that Cutler has a "Tear in the MCL. Right now they are trying to determin the grade of tear thru test (MRI) results"

Symptoms of a medial collateral ligament injury tend to correlate with the extent of the injury. MCL injuries are graded on a scale of I to III.

•Grade I MCL Tear
This is an incomplete tear of the MCL. The tendon is still in continuity, and the symptoms are usually minimal. Patients usually complain of pain with pressure on the MCL, and may be able to return to their sport very quickly. Most athletes miss 1-2 weeks of play.

•Grade II MCL Tear
Grade II injuries are also considered incomplete tears of the MCL. These patients may complain of instability when attempting to cut or pivot. The pain and swelling is more significant, and usually a period of 3-4 weeks of rest is necessary.

•Grade III MCL Tear
A grade III injury is a complete tear of the MCL. Patients have significant pain and swelling, and often have difficulty bending the knee. Instability, or giving out, is a common finding with grade III MCL tears. A knee brace or a knee immobilizer is usually needed for comfort, and healing may take 6 weeks or longer.

Do you honestly believe that there was any way in hell the Bears PR department would allow the "injury" to be anything less?

BigDaddyBronco
01-24-2011, 11:43 AM
So the real problem is that Cutler didn't grimmace when he was playing hurt.

He was out there with a torn ligament, and we couldn't tell that he was, so he's catching shit for it. His teammate said he could see his leg wobbling in the huddle.

He did go out and play hurt. He should have shown his pain more for us at home. Shame on him.
I'm just saying that if he showed more discomfort, people wouldn't be doubting the significance of his injury. Tell me Tomlinson didn't get a huge amount of shit for sitting on the sidelines because he didn't look hurt.

I could care less anyway, I just think that if was an obvious injury, people wouldn't be so hard on him. Or if he tried to play and was hobbling around, nobody would be giving him shit today.

BigDaddyBronco
01-24-2011, 11:44 AM
Lol! So when CHI beats the first sub .500 team in NFL playoffs, its cuz Cutler played "lights out" but when he no-shows in the biggest game of his career (yes, even before he got *"injured" he had no-showed) its because GB is the better team.

Typical.
Yea, it's typical that Cutler can't beat a better team.

arapaho2
01-24-2011, 12:31 PM

exactly...i had a tore lig and it was very painful, no power, no push no stability

i also had a bucket handle tear of the miniscus... was fully functional, and had no issue with power or stability....once in a while the cartilideg would catch and pop and produce swelling and some pain for a few days but i was capable of full mobility in a few days

GEM
01-24-2011, 12:37 PM

Everyone believes what fits their line of thinking. If it makes complete sense, but goes against an opinion, then it holds no weight. But if it backs up that opinion, it's worth it's weight in gold. That's just human.

DenBronx
01-24-2011, 12:38 PM
Read it and weep bashers. How do you play with an MCL tear? Please tell me. Brady tore ligaments a couple of years ago....should he have kept playing that game?

Report: Cutler has MCL tear

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/24/report-cutler-has-mcl-tear/

It sounds like a surgery may indeed be in Cutler’s future.

Sean Jensen of the Chicago Sun-Times reports Cutler tore his MCL during the loss to the Packers. The team is determining the grade of tear, which could help determine if the injury could heal naturally.

As MDS pointed out earlier, Cutler has only missed one start in his career. That was for a concussion in 2010.

arapaho2
01-24-2011, 12:39 PM

heres the diff

rivers had his injury the week before against the titans..a partial tear....he sat out the rest of the game and voleck led the chargers to the win

rivers then had it scoped to clean up the loose cartiledge...he did not have the partial tear fixed until after the season

he played a week later with the knee stabalized in a special brace

dont distort reality

CoachChaz
01-24-2011, 12:45 PM
If Calvin Johnson's TD in week one isnt ridiculously overturned and if DeSean Jackson doesnt return a punt for a TD against the Giants...the Bears would have been at home anyway. A bad call and a freak play put them at home for 2 playoff games, so let's not get too much wood over them being there.

DenBronx
01-24-2011, 12:57 PM
Going to be a really long offseason for them. A great one for me.

No the whole debate was perception vs reality.

Many percieved that Cutler had an owie and should have sucked it up and played. Kinda like Big Ben did with a broken nose.

Reality is he tore an MCL and people like you bash him for not playing. Please tear your MCL Jr and let me know if you can run a marathon the same day.

The difference between you and me is I would have criticized Cutler if I would have known it was only cartilage damage (Like Jone Drew) or a sprain or scratch or owie or bruise. You just can't admit when you're wrong or didn't really take the time to learn how bad the injury was before bashing him. Even after the fact you still continue to post arrogant thoughts on the matter.

DenBronx
01-24-2011, 01:09 PM

Maybe Cutler has a high tolerance for pain? There was a shot of him bent over for about 15 seconds (the one where the announcers were talking the blood on his elbow) where you could tell something was wrong. He tore it and kept playing through the 2nd quarter.

People need to keep in mind he's only missed one game before this and that was because of a concussion. So I think he's pretty tough even if he didn't hobble around, grimace in pain and put on a show for national TV. Some guys are screamers while others just bite their lip or smile through the pain.

BigDaddyBronco
01-24-2011, 01:14 PM
Maybe Cutler has a high tolerance for pain? There was a shot of him bent over for about 15 seconds (the one where the announcers were talking the blood on his elbow) where you could tell something was wrong. He tore it and kept playing through the 2nd quarter.

People need to keep in mind he's only missed one game before this and that was because of a concussion. So I think he's pretty tough even if he didn't hobble around, grimace in pain and put on a show for national TV. Some guys are screamers while others just bite their lip or smile through the pain.

Kind of like when Rodgers got drilled in the head and bit his lip? Shook the cobwebs off and kept playing.

Didn't Cutler get knocked out of a game against the Lions when he was a Bronco and didn't play the next week?

arapaho2
01-24-2011, 01:55 PM
Kind of like when Rodgers got drilled in the head and bit his lip? Shook the cobwebs off and kept playing.

Didn't Cutler get knocked out of a game against the Lions when he was a Bronco and didn't play the next week?

i believe he played the next week...but yes he got knocked out of the lions game by a hit anyone watching would have bet the farm his lower leg was broken

and that hit on rodgers...i bet cutler took five of those tough hits by half time

Agent of Orange
01-24-2011, 01:56 PM
Seeing that he requested a trade the same day, makes me respect him a little more. It just goes to show that he had that dud, McDaniels, pegged right from the very beginning.

SOCALORADO.
01-24-2011, 01:57 PM
Like i said before, i give Pickler the benefit of the doubt in regards to his injury.
If he couldnt play, he couldnt play.
Doesnt change the fact that hes a prickler.
He got his ass kicked yesterday.
So bad, he couldnt play, and he sat there like the prickler he is, and had to take it.
And now folks all over the country got to see his mannerisms on the sideline, and its no wonder that most including a TON of Chicago Bears fans dont like the guy even more today.
It really has nothing to do with his injury.
Its the signs and symptoms from the injury that folks dont like about Prickler.

DenBronx
01-24-2011, 02:10 PM
Damn good report...

Chris Harris, Bears “pissed off” at criticism of Jay Cutler

read the full article here: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/24/chris-harris-bears-pissed-off-at-criticism-of-jay-cutler/

On Monday, Bears safety Chris Harris made his views known during an appearance with Adam Schein and Rich Gannon of Sirius NFL Radio.

Harris started a little weak, with a mere “shame on them.” Then, Harris got rolling.

“You wanna talk about a guy who’s been sacked 52 times in a season and only missed one game, and you tell me he’s not tough,” Harris said. “For a guy who plays this game every week with diabetes and you tell me he’s not tough. It kind of rubs me the wrong way and pisses me off.

“Jay’s our quarterback, he’s our leader. We have all the faith in Jay, and we know how tough of a guy he is. So when guys on Twitter, all the ex-NFL players, the current NFL players are bashing him, it not only pisses me off, it pisses our entire team off. . . . If it wasn’t for him, we wouldn’t be in the position that we’re in.”

DenBronx
01-24-2011, 02:12 PM
more from: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/24/chris-harris-bears-pissed-off-at-criticism-of-jay-cutler/

“Jay’s not perceived in the media as a good guy. He doesn’t give you the quotes that you want. He doesn’t show you the emotion that you want to see,” Harris said.

“But we know what type of guy he is, he fought with us all season long. So he doesn’t give the media what they want and so perception is real. And that’s one thing I learned in sociology class in college. Perception is real. If people perceive you one way, that’s what they think it is. They might not have a effing clue as to how you really are, but perception is real.”

BigDaddyBronco
01-24-2011, 02:22 PM
I don't think that a guy is a "good guy" because he treats his teammates well, he is a "good guy" by treating everyone well. That can be the media, fans, former players, people who work for the organization, whoever. If 100 people think you are a *****, but 10 people you work with think you are ok, does that make you a "good guy"?

bcbronc
01-24-2011, 02:30 PM
Hey DenBronx, you realize thye perception quote swings both ways, right?

What's your excuse for Cutler missing a wide open Devon Hester on the first 3rd down the bears faced? Hester probably scores if its a good throw, amd it could have been an entirely different ball game.

So what's your take on that play? No wide receivers? Cutler's knee was going to get hurt later? No oline (even though he wasn't pressured on the play)?

I'm sure there's all sorts of excuses in the brewing, but that play perfectly points out hwy JC is nothing more than a pretty arm. He doesn't come up with the big play when its needed. Period.

Slick
01-24-2011, 02:37 PM

What's your excuse for Cutler missing a wide open Devon Hester on the first 3rd down the bears faced? Hester probably scores if its a good throw, amd it could have been an entirely different ball game.

So what's your take on that play? No wide receivers? Cutler's knee was going to get hurt later? No oline (even though he wasn't pressured on the play)?

I'm sure there's all sorts of excuses in the brewing, but that play perfectly points out hwy JC is nothing more than a pretty arm. He doesn't come up with the big play when its needed. Period.

It looked to me like Hester pulled up on that route. :bandit:

robert ethan
01-24-2011, 02:38 PM
I see "torn MCL" floating around this thread. Smith said that Flabby Neckblubber has a sprained MCL. Huge difference.

BigDaddyBronco
01-24-2011, 02:40 PM
It looked to me like Hester pulled up on that route. :bandit:

Right after that throw, the announcers were saying that Cutler was sailing his throws during the pregame and that if he misses it is usually high.

Cutler missed that throw by the reaction he made after the play was over.

robert ethan
01-24-2011, 02:42 PM
Tim Tebow played an entire game on a broken leg when he was 16 years old. I think he won as well.

Northman
01-24-2011, 04:20 PM

Got news for ya, John didnt always look pretty in big games either. In fact, every Qb except 3rd year QB Sanchez looked like dogshit yesterday.

Agent of Orange
01-24-2011, 05:12 PM
I don't think that a guy is a "good guy" because he treats his teammates well, he is a "good guy" by treating everyone well. That can be the media, fans, former players, people who work for the organization, whoever. If 100 people think you are a *****, but 10 people you work with think you are ok, does that make you a "good guy"?

yes

Slick
01-24-2011, 05:13 PM
Right after that throw, the announcers were saying that Cutler was sailing his throws during the pregame and that if he misses it is usually high.

Cutler missed that throw by the reaction he made after the play was over.

I don't know BDB, I thought his reaction was him wishing that Hester had kept running. When Hester turned to pick up the ball in flight he slowed down drastically. Had he kept running that ball hits him in stride.

Tempus Fugit
01-24-2011, 05:54 PM
Here's one making the rounds on the internet now:

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc45/snesfreak/55333_roflcutler_122_421lo.jpg

Grade 2, and no surgery needed, yet he didn't get a brace and try to fight through it. That won't sit well with the Chicago fan base.

Northman
01-24-2011, 05:55 PM
Here's one making the rounds on the internet now:

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc45/snesfreak/55333_roflcutler_122_421lo.jpg

Grade 2, and no surgery needed, yet he didn't get a brace and try to fight through it. That won't sit well with the Chicago fan base.

Your posts generally suck but his was awesome. Kudos. :lol:

bcbronc
01-24-2011, 06:01 PM
Got news for ya, John didnt always look pretty in big games either. In fact, every Qb except 3rd year QB Sanchez looked like dogshit yesterday.

Well, CHI's #3 QB had a pretty good game too.

But your point about JE is a good one. Now that I sit back and look at things, the only real difference I can see in JE's first five years and JC's is that JC has a stronger arm. Other than that, its almost scary how similar (more or less) there on field performances have been.

Krugan
01-24-2011, 06:07 PM
And according to the Bears Head coach, it wasnt all on Cutlers shoulders to go out and play or not.

But its typical, someone elses body, someone elses knee, yet the average joe schmoe seems to think they know whats best for everyone else.

Bunch of crap if there ever was. Had it been something that was hurt worse, due to him playing, maybe career ending, then the other shoe would fall on the coaching staff.

Good grief, it was enough for him to ahve doubts, the coaching staff had doubts, they took the high road and protected the player.

On top of that, why the hell does it matter, last I checked, he was traded to chicago, the Broncos blew the picks they got for him and now he isnt our problem. Its almost as if he played for the broncos in the afc championship and had to ride the pines.

atwater27
01-24-2011, 07:23 PM
Going to be a really long offseason for them. A great one for me.Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

You must enjoy 4-12. sick.

atwater27
01-24-2011, 07:25 PM
Everyone believes what fits their line of thinking. If it makes complete sense, but goes against an opinion, then it holds no weight. But if it backs up that opinion, it's worth it's weight in gold. That's just human.

Careful... those harsh words will lead you to his quite langthy inore list, or as he likes to put it... iggy.

TXBRONC
01-24-2011, 07:37 PM
You must enjoy 4-12. sick.

Agreed. However, if Fox can get the defensive coordinator he wants and we have good draft that might take the edge off ever so slightly.

TXBRONC
01-24-2011, 07:38 PM
Careful... those harsh words will lead you to his quite langthy inore list, or as he likes to put it... iggy.

He can't put her on iggy as long as she is a moderator. :D

Agent of Orange
01-24-2011, 08:11 PM
Well, CHI's #3 QB had a pretty good game too.

But your point about JE is a good one. Now that I sit back and look at things, the only real difference I can see in JE's first five years and JC's is that JC has a stronger arm. Other than that, its almost scary how similar (more or less) there on field performances have been.Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Wrong on both points. In JEs 5th year in the league, Denver was going to it's 2nd Super Bowl. And sorry, but JC doesn't have a stronger arm than Elway at the same point. It's not even close. There's a reason you heard strongest arm since John Elway to describe Jamarcus Russell. Notice how they didn't say strongest arm since Jay Cutler.

DenBronx
01-24-2011, 08:34 PM
I see "torn MCL" floating around this thread. Smith said that Flabby Neckblubber has a sprained MCL. Huge difference.

The grade II is just as severe as a minor tear. No one knew until he had the MRI. Now that we know does it still not sound like a serious injury? Rivers only played with an MCL injury because A. He had minor surgery B. He had a week to heal. C. He played with a brace, treatment and cortizone shots.

By the way Rivers actually defended Cutler today and said maybe he didn't give the Chargers the best chance to win because he was making bad throws.

Final Cutler injury update: Grade II MCL sprain

read the full article here: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/24/final-cutler-injury-update-grade-ii-mcl-tear/

First things first: An MCL sprain is essentially the same thing as an MCL tear, so Lovie Smith’s explanation of Jay Cutler’s injury was consistent with previous report.

Our final Cutler injury update of the day comes from Sean Jensen of the Chicago Sun-Times. He reports Cutler has a grade II MCL sprain/tear, which is usually a 3-4 week injury. It sounds like it won’t require surgery.

For some point of comparison, we heard ESPN’s Ross Tucker said on Rome is Burning Monday in his experience as a player that he could play through a grade I sprain, and he couldn’t even stand if he had a grade II or grade III sprain.

DenBronx
01-24-2011, 08:40 PM
I wonder how much bitching Denver fans would be doing if Johnny Knox and Devin Hester were our WR's?

Better yet how many times would Orton have been sacked with the 32nd rated O-line?

Actually it's a handfull of knuckle heads....so I shouldn't say Denver fans.

gobroncsnv
01-24-2011, 11:36 PM
some of his throws yesterday, even Michael Jordan wouldn't have been enough height or hops... sorry, but when the ball goes sailing 12 feet over a wide open receiver's head, or one-hops to him, I wouldn't be blaming the wideouts.
as far as an oline letting you down, look at what Jake had to endure in his appearance in the championship game.
again, if you're a "franchise QB", that just means some are willing to give you more excuses.
The guy played badly. The team played badly, at least until their third stringer went in and got them some points.

Dang, this can be kind of fun, huh?

Northman
01-25-2011, 06:01 AM
some of his throws yesterday, even Michael Jordan wouldn't have been enough height or hops... sorry, but when the ball goes sailing 12 feet over a wide open receiver's head, or one-hops to him, I wouldn't be blaming the wideouts.
as far as an oline letting you down, look at what Jake had to endure in his appearance in the championship game.
again, if you're a "franchise QB", that just means some are willing to give you more excuses.
The guy played badly. The team played badly, at least until their third stringer went in and got them some points.

Dang, this can be kind of fun, huh?

Jake also had 4 turnovers and a healthy knee. And i can guarantee that our Oline from 05' was not even close to being as bad as this year's Bears. Thats just a fallacy.

gobroncsnv
01-25-2011, 08:11 AM
Our oline positively sucked in that 05 game, providing neither pass protection nor a running game (so I disagree with your "fallacy"), which led to Jake's fumbles (or are there no other qb's in the league who would have fumbled in those circumstances?). Rod Smith had a ball clank off his hands. Absolutely non-existent running game. Champ had his worst showing of the season. Our dline was just completely a non-factor in the game. Our blitzes were the most pointless thing I'd ever seen. Complete team breakdown, yet many people could only point to the qb as our problem in that game, saying he wasn't a "franchise" qb...
WHILE HE WAS IN THE GAME, Jay was lousy. Missed throws, bad reads, etc. Yet he DID have a running game, the defense played well, kept them in the game, and the third string qb had the same wr's that Jay was throwing to (better said, "at") when he darn near brought them back. Sorry, but Jay's play on Sunday was not at all a bright spot for Da Bears (and that has nothing to do with him not being able to go the whole game.... not a part of my point at all.) He DID NOT look like a "franchise" qb, so perhaps he'll look better next time if the Bears get there...

So back to my main point (of my "stellar" literary skills) in this thread, that being to illustrate that nobody likes it when their ox gets gored. Maybe some of the tone can lighten up around here, now that the shoe has been on the other foot, and the board can return to the fun that it should be.

Cugel
01-25-2011, 12:11 PM
Unfortuantely only speculation by Klis.

Pure speculation and it's not even accurate speculation:

McDaniels, meanwhile, had every reason to doubt whether he could win with a quarterback who didn't want to play for the head coach. Cutler's defiance gave McDaniels the right to at least explore a deal for Matt Cassel when former boss Bill Belichick set him up with a trade offer.

Nothing can obscure the blatant fact that McDaniels wasn't honest about anything! He has ZERO integrity.

He lied to Cutler about "looking forward to working with him." He lied to the media and Cutler about not seeking a trade for Matt Cassel.

He lied AFTER the trade that he was just "listening to offers." That was the most ridiculous and botched cover-up since Watergate! :coffee:

Then he totally screwed up the meeting that was supposed to smooth things over. McDaniels was supposed to be the mature coach. He's in charge. But, his ego wouldn't let him tell the truth or accept any responsibility when things blew up in his face.

All he had to do was say: "I liked Matt Cassel from when I was in New England and when we had a chance to get him I just went for it. I'm sorry I didn't communicate better with you and let you know what was going on.

But, now we're both working for the same objective -- to get to the Super Bowl, and I'd like to shake hands and get back to work towards that objective."

How hard would that have been for a mature person who isn't afraid of admitting mistakes and is focused on getting results instead of proving that he's "always right" and denying responsibility?

Same thing he did with Spy-Gate. First he tried to deny it, then he said that's how things were done "all the time" in New England. Then he threatened all his assistant coaches with firing if anybody squealed to Bowlen or the league. He tried to cover everything up and deny everything.

He's just a lying immature dirt-bag with NO integrity at all. He has all the WORST attributes of Bill Belicheck, all the arrogance and self-righteousness and none of the ability. And he just destroyed this team -- for which I will NEVER forgive him if I live to be 100. :coffee:

DenBronx
02-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Jay's one tough Hombre. People who question his toughness need a serious reality check.

Report: Cutler took painkiller at halftime

"According to Jensen, it’s “believed” Cutler suffered his torn MCL on the first play of the second quarter, when Packers defensive end Ryan Pickett landed on Cutler’s left knee. Pickett, nicknamed “Big Grease” during his time in St. Louis and a former nose tackle, is listed at 330 pounds.

Cutler went on to finish the entire half and play the first possession of the third quarter.

Jensen also passes along belief that the Bears intended to hold Cutler out of the full second half after diagnosing the torn ligament in the locker room."

full article here. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/02/report-cutler-took-painkiller-at-halftime/

Best part of the article.

"Cutler then abruptly put his helmet on and gave it a go."

Benetto
02-02-2011, 10:51 PM
I remember a small contingency of fans here completely blinded by what I seem to think was complete and utter stupidity...One little boy in particular.

"oh just wait and see, McDaniels will make you eat your words".

"Three Superbowl rings, and Tom Brady's mentor..I still have faith"

"He won his first 6, why shouldn't he pick up the pace"

Blah blah blah blah blah...I wish I had the time (and cared enough) to go back and re-quote the hundreds of posts defending Mcdonalds, and how many times that "special" someone tried calling me and many others out for our dislike.

How does that dirty rotten crow taste? You know who u are!

BroncoStud
02-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Cutler got pounded all year. He is much more likely to check out mentally before he would physically. It was pretty obvious he couldn't throw towards the end of his day, everything was off.

The problem with Jay is that he doesn't do himself any favors with his attitude and his lethargic behavior. It's just not in him to be a cheerleader, he just isn't like that and it rubs people wrong.

bcbronc
02-03-2011, 02:33 AM
So it's confirmed that Cutler was completely healthy for the entire first quarter when he did diddely squat?

DenBronx
02-03-2011, 02:48 AM
So it's confirmed that Cutler was completely healthy for the entire first quarter when he did diddely squat?

Annnnnnnnd Rogers did "diddely squat" yet is in the Super Bowl.

bcbronc
02-03-2011, 03:11 AM
Annnnnnnnd Rogers did "diddely squat" yet is in the Super Bowl.

when I say "diddely squat" I don't mean leading post-season passers in total yards, comp%, QB rating, 20+ yard passes, and being second in TD passes, all while playing on the road. you seem to have a different definition for "diddely squat" than I do.

Lonestar
02-03-2011, 03:24 AM
when I say "diddely squat" I don't mean leading post-season passers in total yards, comp%, QB rating, 20+ yard passes, and being second in TD passes, all while playing on the road. you seem to have a different definition for "diddely squat" than I do.

Make sure that you do not let logical thought get in the way of your emotions again.

Shame on you for doing that.

Always remember jays God to some. Logic will never be allowed.

Northman
02-03-2011, 05:30 AM

So you mean an NFL QB struggled in a playoff game?

"OH MY GOSH! Say it so JOE!"

atwater27
02-03-2011, 09:37 AM
Always remember jays God to some. Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

You are so wrong it must hurt.

Nobody but nobody here thinks Jay Cutler is God. Are you insane?
We are just defending an imperfect QB who gets way more blame than he deserves, and not enough credit that he deserves. We are defending a guy that MOST people think should still be playing in Denver if not for some GRAVE mistakes by an inexperienced, headstrong head coach who was quickly and RIGHTFULLY kicked the **** out of town for that and his other GRAVE mistakes that set back our franchise years. One day you might figure it out. But most likely not.

MasterShake
02-03-2011, 10:13 AM
We are defending a guy that MOST people think should still be playing in Denver if not for some GRAVE mistakes by an inexperienced, headstrong head coach who was quickly and RIGHTFULLY kicked the **** out of town for that and his other GRAVE mistakes that set back our franchise years. One day you might figure it out. But most likely not.

The problem I have with this line of logic is that no one but Jay and the Bears know why he left the game, and no one but Jay and the Broncos know if he was forced out or wanted out of town. The PR for both teams in both situations was handled poorly, and as others have mentioned Jay's demeanor did not help. But the fact remains the truth has been obscured, and its probably not as bad or good as most people think in either situation.

Many say it shouldn't matter that a QB or any sports star has a good attitude or is "liked", but any football fan can tell you it matters. If you can't believe that the players for your team are better than most people both athletically and mentally, then you might as well just root for the jersey only. It might not be right for us to put these players on a pedastal and question their heart, but as fans we invest a lot into these teams and to these players. So when they don't sign an autograph, someone will bitch. When they give up on plays like Randy Moss, people will notice. And if they leave a game early and have a history of being aloof, people will question them. Its not fair, but its also not unreasonable to wonder and have an opinion about it.

I was pretty devastated to lose Cutler at the time, but the more I looked into his reasons for leaving the more confusing it became. I miss the dude, think he is a great QB, but admit his attitude rubs people the wrong way.

The only thing I have come at peace with is that there is a whole season between us and that trade and Jay is no more a Broncos player than I am. What I am, and continue to be despite free agency is a Broncos fan. I will always like certain players, and like them even more if they wear a Broncos uniform, but I decided to not get attached anymore. Its hard enough to feel bad about a loss, I don't want to feel bad about someone skipping town or wishing they have a bad season or game if they do. None of that is in my power and my focus should be not on one person, but the team that I have loved since I was five years old.

So is summary:

Go Cutler.

Go Tebow!

But most of all, GO BRONCOS!!!

Its bad enough I have to root for the lesser of two evils in the Super Bowl! :lol:

Slick
02-03-2011, 10:48 AM

Nothing can obscure the blatant fact that McDaniels wasn't honest about anything! He has ZERO integrity.

He lied to Cutler about "looking forward to working with him." He lied to the media and Cutler about not seeking a trade for Matt Cassel.

He lied AFTER the trade that he was just "listening to offers." That was the most ridiculous and botched cover-up since Watergate! :coffee:

Then he totally screwed up the meeting that was supposed to smooth things over. McDaniels was supposed to be the mature coach. He's in charge. But, his ego wouldn't let him tell the truth or accept any responsibility when things blew up in his face.

How hard would that have been for a mature person who isn't afraid of admitting mistakes and is focused on getting results instead of proving that he's "always right" and denying responsibility?

Same thing he did with Spy-Gate. First he tried to deny it, then he said that's how things were done "all the time" in New England. Then he threatened all his assistant coaches with firing if anybody squealed to Bowlen or the league. He tried to cover everything up and deny everything.

He's just a lying immature dirt-bag with NO integrity at all. He has all the WORST attributes of Bill Belicheck, all the arrogance and self-righteousness and none of the ability. And he just destroyed this team -- for which I will NEVER forgive him if I live to be 100. :coffee:

McDaniels is gone, so is Cutler and neither one of them are ever coming back.

You might live to be older than 100 if you let it go.

:bandit:

TXBRONC
02-03-2011, 11:09 AM
The problem I have with this line of logic is that no one but Jay and the Bears know why he left the game, and no one but Jay and the Broncos know if he was forced out or wanted out of town. The PR for both teams in both situations was handled poorly, and as others have mentioned Jay's demeanor did not help. But the fact remains the truth has been obscured, and its probably not as bad or good as most people think in either situation.

Many say it shouldn't matter that a QB or any sports star has a good attitude or is "liked", but any football fan can tell you it matters. If you can't believe that the players for your team are better than most people both athletically and mentally, then you might as well just root for the jersey only. It might not be right for us to put these players on a pedastal and question their heart, but as fans we invest a lot into these teams and to these players. So when they don't sign an autograph, someone will bitch. When they give up on plays like Randy Moss, people will notice. And if they leave a game early and have a history of being aloof, people will question them. Its not fair, but its also not unreasonable to wonder and have an opinion about it.

I was pretty devastated to lose Cutler at the time, but the more I looked into his reasons for leaving the more confusing it became. I miss the dude, think he is a great QB, but admit his attitude rubs people the wrong way.

The only thing I have come at peace with is that there is a whole season between us and that trade and Jay is no more a Broncos player than I am. What I am, and continue to be despite free agency is a Broncos fan. I will always like certain players, and like them even more if they wear a Broncos uniform, but I decided to not get attached anymore. Its hard enough to feel bad about a loss, I don't want to feel bad about someone skipping town or wishing they have a bad season or game if they do. None of that is in my power and my focus should be not on one person, but the team that I have loved since I was five years old.

So is summary:

Go Cutler.

Go Tebow!

Its bad enough I have to root for the lesser of two evils in the Super Bowl! :lol:

This is pretty good post for a talking milkshake. :salute:

LordTrychon
02-03-2011, 12:44 PM
This is pretty good post for a talking milkshake. :salute:

The typing is what impresses me.

TXBRONC
02-03-2011, 12:52 PM
The typing is what impresses me.

It goes without saying, a talking milkshake with a pair of hands and no arms typing is awesome. The dude has heart....sorta.

BroncoJoe
02-03-2011, 02:16 PM
http://www.angryduck.com/pictures/2010_11/Care_Factory.jpg

rationalfan
02-03-2011, 02:25 PM

that's right, i forgot, you were there. you know the details. your voice is truth.

mcd was far from perfect - and toward the end far from adequate. but people need to separate their emotions from fact, the two are not always related.

Northman
02-03-2011, 06:06 PM
So is summary:

Go Cutler.

Go Tebow!

Excellent post as usual Shake but if people could just be like this i think all would be well. But you know, some have their own agenda's and thus the pettiness of it all. :lol:

MasterShake
02-03-2011, 08:46 PM
Excellent post as usual Shake but if people could just be like this i think all would be well. But you know, some have their own agenda's and thus the pettiness of it all. :lol:

Eh, I'm not gonna tell people how to enjoy their sports. Its just the attitude I'm trying to adopt and I find I'm a much happier person.:lol:

bcbronc
02-03-2011, 09:17 PM
So you mean an NFL QB struggled in a playoff game?

"OH MY GOSH! Say it so JOE!"

isn't he supposed to be an elite playmaking QB though? how many times can you shrug off him shitting the bed when all the marbles are on the line?

atwater27
02-04-2011, 12:20 AM
isn't he supposed to be an elite playmaking QB though? how many times can you shrug off him shitting the bed when all the marbles are on the line?

Shitting the bed with all the marbles on the line?

Please. 12 teams make the playoffs every season. Every playoff game includes all the marbles. Every playoff game must have a winner and must have a loser. Cutty won his first game with a dominant performance. So he actually shined with all your supposed "marbles" on the line. There goes that theory. Even if all the QB's on every losing team in playoff history "shit the bed" with their respective losses, there would still be signifigantly less shit than the bullshit in the post you just spewed.

bcbronc
02-04-2011, 03:18 AM
Shitting the bed with all the marbles on the line?

Please. 12 teams make the playoffs every season. Every playoff game includes all the marbles. Every playoff game must have a winner and must have a loser. Cutty won his first game with a dominant performance. So he actually shined with all your supposed "marbles" on the line. There goes that theory. Even if all the QB's on every losing team in playoff history "shit the bed" with their respective losses, there would still be signifigantly less shit than the bullshit in the post you just spewed.

so all losing performances are created equal now? Do you even watch this sport?

and, yes, Cutler beat the Seahawks. what else has he done again?

:coffee:

Northman
02-04-2011, 05:19 AM

How many NFC Championship games has he been too? I only count one. And again, Elway had his fair share of shitting the bed too. Jesus christ man, did you really think Cutler was unstoppable? :lol:

gobroncsnv
02-04-2011, 08:05 AM
So the cool part is that people are finally not putting the blame solely on the QB when the team loses. It's just that folks are willing to defend "their guy" to the end, and dump on someone they despise, no matter what. We've seen "franchise" qb's not do so great in big games, along with also-rans winning the Lombardi. Again, just kinda depends on whose ox is getting gored. Stand back about 3 feet, and you can see that happening on this board all the time. Just go back and exchange the names of the players being defended with one you love, then put in the name of one you hate. Would be pretty enlightening for some.

Juriga72
02-04-2011, 08:29 AM

Well..... I guess 4-12 IS better than 11-5 somehow.....right?

S Matty "Ice Man" Ryan who "Never loses at home EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
did what against this same Green Bay defense who led the nfl in qb rating against?

Lets see......
20/29- 186 yards...... 1 TD!!!!!!! 2 int?????????? 69.0 qb rating

I would say that would be "not good".. AT home where he was 19-2... #1 seed versus the #6 seed... man he sucks lets cut him

atwater27
02-04-2011, 09:21 AM

so all defenses that QB's face are created equal now? Do you even watch this sport?

You know as well as i that NOBODY saw the Bears having a winning record this year, much less making the playoffs, much less going to the NFC championship. Again, ..... PLEASE.

TXBRONC
02-04-2011, 09:55 AM
so all defenses that QB's face are created equal now? Do you even watch this sport?

You know as well as i that NOBODY saw the Bears having a winning record this year, much less making the playoffs, much less going to the NFC championship. Again, ..... PLEASE.

How many times was it stated that with Packers and the Vikings in the same division the Bears didn't stand a change of doing anything?

Juriga72
02-04-2011, 10:04 AM
How many times was it stated that with Packers and the Vikings in the same division the Bears didn't stand a change of doing anything?

With one of the worst ever o-lines. Or do Orton fans think that Jay's career sack to pass ratio went from:

2006- 1 sack every 10 att
2007-1 sack every 17.3 att
2008 1 sack every 56 att
2009 1 sack every 15.8 att

86 sacks in 1775 att- 1 sack every 20.6 att

2010- 1 sack every 8 att

yeah... Jay had NOTHING to do with them winning this year.

Lonestar
02-04-2011, 10:22 AM

Amazing concept that few will get, because of their blind hate for Josh or love of jay.

So many folks think that it could have been us in the playoffs, butdo not realize thwy have been building that defense in chiacago for almost a decade.

They believe that it was jay that got them In the play offs all be his self through a couple of comebacks.
While all of those who really are logical look at his real play all year and then look at his defense and special teams and see what really got them there.

The worm has started to turn. And once they stop being emotional about it they will finally get it.

Juriga72
02-04-2011, 10:56 AM
Amazing concept that few will get, because of their blind hate for Josh or love of jay.

So many folks think that it could have been us in the playoffs, butdo not realize thwy have been building that defense in chiacago for almost a decade.

They believe that it was jay that got them In the play offs all be his self through a couple of comebacks.
While all of those who really are logical look at his real play all year and then look at his defense and special teams and see what really got them there.

The worm has started to turn. And once they stop being emotional about it they will finally get it.

Man.... you cannot be much more wrong here.... Ok...

They have the "oldest starting defense in the NFL"

Lets take a look at their top 3 rounds drafting the last few years. Bolded not even on team anymore

2010- 3rd round Major Wright- safety

2009- 3rd round Jarron Gilbert-DT
3rd round Jaquin Igleases- WR

2008-1st-Chris Williams- LT
2nd-Matt Forte- RB
3rd-Earl Bennett- WR

2007- 1st Greg Olsen-TE
2nd Dan Bauzine- DT
3rd Garrett Wolfe-RB
3rd- Micheal Okow- OLB

2006- 2nd- Daniel MAnning- S
2d Devin Hester-KR
3rd-Dusty Dvorchek-DT

2005- 1st Cedric Benso- Rb
2nd Mark Bradely-WR
NO 3rd pick
4th - Kyle Orton QB

ONE starter/ one practice squad guy in 5 years on defense...drafted

3 Running backs
3 wide outs taken

No... they added Julius Peppers this year and got back a healthy Urlacher.

They draft offense, badly at that too....

Lonestar
02-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Let me add that winning one playoff game against a a really poor team is something good. But when they got a reAl playoff team in he crapped his pants. At home in front of his fans. Many of which burned his jersey after the game. After seeing the real jay in action when it counted.

Lonestar
02-04-2011, 12:35 PM
Man.... you cannot be much more wrong here.... Ok...
They have the "oldest starting defense in the NFL"
Lets take a look at their top 3 rounds drafting the last few years
No... they added Julius Peppers this year and got back a healthy Urlacher.
They draft offense, badly at that too....

Did I say they drafted I said I'd you want to read it they have been building for the last decade.

They have had a very good if not great defense in Chicago for as long as I can remember. They have never had a QB and now in many fans minds still do not.
RIF.
Btw I normally do not read your posts but a little birdie told me to read this one.
So post nonsense all you want in rebutAl To my posts as I will not respond to them as I can't see them. Not so nice meeting you adios.

BroncoJoe
02-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Did I say they drafted I said I'd you want to read it they have been building for the last decade.

They have had a very good if not great defense in Chicago for as long as I can remember. They have never had a QB and now in many fans minds still do not.
RIF.
Btw I normally do not read your posts but a little birdie told me to read this one.
So post nonsense all you want in rebutAl To my posts as I will not respond to them as I can't see them. Not so nice meeting you adios.

Seriously dude. How old are you? You sound like one of my children.

Juriga72
02-04-2011, 12:54 PM

RIF.

THATS it... Your on MY "IGGY" list...along with Id Amin and Emperor Hirohito

BTw... you do understand that Orton was backed by a better run game and defense...and still got benched right?

BroncoStud
02-04-2011, 01:08 PM

The Bears got to the Super Bowl with Rex Grossman.

They got to the NFC Championship with Jay Cutler.

They didn't even sniff the playoffs with Kyle Orton.

/discussion - you lose

gobroncsnv
02-04-2011, 05:04 PM
So are you thinking that Grossman is better than the Cut-meister? Wow, wait 'til your father gets home...

atwater27
02-04-2011, 07:35 PM
Seriously dude. How old are you? You sound like one of my children.

The Iggymonster has struck again!

BroncoStud
02-05-2011, 12:27 AM
So are you thinking that Grossman is better than the Cut-meister? Wow, wait 'til your father gets home...

Hell, apparently Grossman is better than McNabb, Shanny seems to think so. :salute: