PDA

View Full Version : Andy Dalton could be there in the 3rd or 4th rd

TiminatorTebow
01-23-2011, 09:48 AM
He would be a GREAT insurence policy if Tebow doesn't workout and he would make a GREAT backup for Tebow if Tebow whoops some ass like I expect

cuzz4169
01-23-2011, 09:57 AM
why bring in a rookie qb? a vet backup yes a rookie no.

gobroncsnv
01-23-2011, 11:15 AM
whatever pick would make us ignore defense again, I'm all for it...

broncofaninfla
01-23-2011, 11:36 AM
I'm guilty of usually wanting at least one new rookie QB a season to compete BUT Mcd screwed this team up so bad we just have too many gaping holes to fill. Denver should go with a vet to back up the inexperinced Tebow this next season and address the defense and running game.

TiminatorTebow
01-23-2011, 11:44 AM
I'm guilty of usually wanting at least one new rookie QB a season to compete BUT Mcd screwed this team up so bad we just have too many gaping holes to fill. Denver should go with a vet to back up the inexperinced Tebow this next season and address the defense and running game.

Yeah you'll are probably right. I like the Dalton kid but this teams problems are beyond any QB. I always say Peyton Manning would've only won 6 games with this team.

UnderArmour
01-23-2011, 11:50 AM
We're not going to waste a 3rd on a QB. We still have Brady Quinn as backup and we need big time help on defense. Let's be realistic here instead of going "LOOK AT THIS PLAYER ON OFFENSE IN A POSITION WHERE ONLY 1 PLAYER PLAYS AND WE ARE YOUNG THERE! HE MIGHT BE REALLY TALENTED SO WE SHOULD DRAFT HIM EVEN THOUGH WE ALREADY GOT OUR GUY!" Also, this is going to be a deep draft as far as defensive linemen goes. With so many tier 1 guys expected to go in the first round, there will be a bunch of tier 2 guys who slip because there will be tier 1 guys who slip. Maybe an OT at 3rd round if we don't resign Harris, but a QB? This thread could have been thought out better.

honz
01-23-2011, 11:52 AM
Yeah, and Little Orphan Annie will be there too. Doesn't mean we should draft them.

RebelRocker
01-23-2011, 12:05 PM
He would be a GREAT insurence policy if Tebow doesn't workout and he would make a GREAT backup for Tebow if Tebow whoops some ass like I expect

It's nice thinking TiminatorTim. I had the same idea, except not that early in the draft. We need to focus all of our energy on getting quality defensive players with our highest 4 or 5 picks, at the minimum.

With that said, this is what I think we should do

If there's a good prospect that we like in the 6th or 7th, I'd take him.

Get a guy with experience and has most of the tools, but may have a set back or two that led to him being drafted so late(didn't play in a pro offense, bad mechanics, etc).

Let him be the #3 QB next year and get used to the speed of the game.

If Tebow doesn't pan out after next season and we decide to part ways with him, we have a young project waiting in the wings to compete for the job.

If Tebow proves to be the guy, atleast we have a good, long-term backup to Tebow.

Either way, I don't see the downside to making this kind of move IF we do these two things.

1.Go DEFENSE EARLY AND OFTEN

and

2.Don't take a QB earlier than the 5th