PDA

View Full Version : Tebow Efficiency

WARHORSE
01-23-2011, 03:02 AM
Tebow took part in 115 plays from scrimmage where he either passed or ran.

The other plays he took part in were handoffs to RBs.

Out of those 115 plays, he scored 11 TDs.

Thats a TD every 10.5 plays.

Thought that was interesting. QB rating when its 3rd and 11+?

3rd Down and 6 or more?

Very little game tape to go by, but it has to be noted that Tebow puts it in the endzone.

May not be an 11 play march, but it can be an 11 play drive where he basically made 3 plays that got us in the endzone.

This with limited reps.

I cant wait till he gets more reps........and more reps.

Timmy!
01-23-2011, 03:10 AM
Things are going to be much harder on Tebow next year as DC's start to exploit his weaknesses after having some tape on the kid, that said, Tebow will only get better. If the Broncos can not shit the bed during the draft and sign a decent FA or two (or resign Champ damnit), I'm more excited about the 11 Broncos (if there is a season....) than I was for 09 or 10, that's for sure.

shank
01-23-2011, 04:07 AM
shut the **** up timmy, tebow will make alll the good happen 19 times.

PAINTERDAVE
01-23-2011, 04:16 AM
In three games, Tebow set three records.

Biggest comeback ever by a Broncos QB,
most rushing yards by a Broncos QB,
only QB in the NFL to score three rushing TDs in his first three games.

Plus he did something that Kyle systematically did not do - keep fighting till the very end.

I am excited about the new era Broncos 2011... :elefant:

Dzone
01-23-2011, 09:32 AM
Great info! Thanks. Huge Tebow fan. Man, I am so glad he is here and not somewhere else.

cardoso
01-23-2011, 11:20 AM
aaaaaaand.......he did it on a team with the worst defense in NFL history, no running game, no offensive line, no coach, no spring training as the #1, and very little practice with the 1st team.

Tebow is a stud! i can't wait to watch him develop and hopefully fox gives us a defense that can actually defend teams.

I have high hopes for next year!

Juriga72
01-23-2011, 11:32 AM
aaaaaaand.......he did it on a team with the worst defense in NFL history, no running game, no offensive line, no coach, no spring training as the #1, and very little practice with the 1st team.

Tebow is a stud! i can't wait to watch him develop and hopefully fox gives us a defense that can actually defend teams.

I have high hopes for next year!

Hey now..... THOSE are Orton-excuses only.... They do not apply to ANY other NFL players ever.

ONLY Orton can use those as to why he sucks....

Of course Tebow never walked off the field going.."We're done...."either

honz
01-23-2011, 11:54 AM
Yeah, Timmy, you need to shut your abnormally loud mouth relative to it's medium size.

JaxBroncoGirl
01-23-2011, 12:19 PM
Things are going to be much harder on Tebow next year as DC's start to exploit his weaknesses after having some tape on the kid, that said, Tebow will only get better. If the Broncos can not shit the bed during the draft and sign a decent FA or two (or resign Champ damnit), I'm more excited about the 11 Broncos (if there is a season....) than I was for 09 or 10, that's for sure.

SEC teams had tape on him for 4 years and did not come close to him. Tim will find himself doing the same thing in the NFL. Tim is like a warrior on the field, something about the end zone draws him to it. He will be just fine. Cannot wait til 2011. It is sad now because we are at the end of the season. Nothing like a Saturday filled with college games then comes Sunday filled with NFL games.

Northman
01-23-2011, 12:29 PM
Good start but ill wait until he has a full year under his belt to judge his progress. As Timmy stated, the league will now have some tape to go by and the talent level is far better so either Tebow continues to expand on his promise or he slips. Time will tell.

PAINTERDAVE
01-23-2011, 12:50 PM
Good start but ill wait until he has a full year under his belt to judge his progress. As Timmy stated, the league will now have some tape to go by and the talent level is far better so either Tebow continues to expand on his promise or he slips. Time will tell.

Yep.

It is a good point. The future is unwritten.

Suspending expectations is a good thing...

I am still excited to see what he can do.

Lonestar
01-23-2011, 12:51 PM
Hey now..... THOSE are Orton-excuses only.... They do not apply to ANY other NFL players ever.

ONLY Orton can use those as to why he sucks....

Of course Tebow never walked off the field going.."We're done...."either

And how do you know that Tebow has not. Or for that matter that Orton did.

way to negative my friend.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Nomad
01-23-2011, 12:51 PM
You give Tebow a solid defense, solid st, and a solid run game, and he'll be fine and BRONCOS will win games!

Lonestar
01-23-2011, 01:05 PM
Yep.

It is a good point. The future is unwritten.

Suspending expectations is a good thing...

I am still excited to see what he can do.
Good post.
As far Tebow he may never become the next Elway, but it will not be because he did not try or give it his all.
Given time there is little doubt in my mind that he will be an above average to greaT
I think most of the announcers/pundits dissed him because he was not ready day one.

Had he been a 3-5 rounder he'd have zero spotlight on him.

It is lost on everyone that NE does not expect rookies to step in day one and be All pros.
That was the premise that he was drafted on time to devolpe, while having in this case two veteran QB to handle the load till he was ready.

Lonestar
01-23-2011, 01:08 PM
You give Tebow a solid defense, solid st, and a solid run game, and he'll be fine and BRONCOS will win games!

Wow something we have it had since John retired. Nit asking for much.

But your correct. One man will rarely win in the playoffs.

WARHORSE
01-23-2011, 01:50 PM
His ability to run gives him the same dimension it does players like Vick.

While Vick is a faster, more dynamic runner, Tebow presents the exact same threat, with more durability. His ability to run for a long score is not as great, but his ability to make the defense cringe is the same.

Look at Vince Young.

How much ability did he show in leading his team to a win? Say what you will, but his record in wins and losses is on the plus side. He took his team to the playoffs.

Does anyone think Tebow will do less?

I dont.:coffee:

That makes me smile when I think of drafting all defense.:salute:

Lonestar
01-23-2011, 02:42 PM

While Vick is a faster, more dynamic runner, Tebow presents the exact same threat, with more durability. His ability to run for a long score is not as great, but his ability to make the defense cringe is the same.

Look at Vince Young.

How much ability did he show in leading his team to a win? Say what you will, but his record in wins and losses is on the plus side. He took his team to the playoffs.

Does anyone think Tebow will do less?

I dont.:coffee:

That makes me smile when I think of drafting all defense.:salute:

The comparsion between VY and Tebow is actually pretty damned good.

but Tim has a brain to go with his body. VY was and is a head case the only reason he did not retire (his heart was no longer in the game) was he'd had to give back 12 mil or so.

spikerman
01-23-2011, 02:47 PM
I suspect that if Tebow is ultimately successful as an NFL QB his game will resemble Ben Roethlisberger's. It may not always look pretty, but he is strong enough to keep a play alive when he should be sacked and will pull something out of his hat. I don't think his arm is as strong or as accurate as Roethlisberger, but on the plus side he'll probably treat women a whole lot better.

bcbronc
01-23-2011, 03:18 PM

same can be said about every NFL QB 1-3 on any depth chart in the league. heck, Orton, Grossman, and Cutler have all shown they can put together winning seasons and playoff runs behind Chi's D and running game.

I personally hope McCoy models our offense after ATL's during Vick's first few years. A strong, multi-pronged running attack (they had Dunn and Duckett, we've got Moreno and White? Deangelo?) that created all sorts of isolation issues for defenses. Like Vick, if Tebow can get a corner he can make some positive plays.

And like Vick, Tebow can throw a pretty good long ball, when he gets a bit of room. He doesn't have the pure cannon Vick does, but he can get the ball down field with pretty good accuracy (probably more accurate than his underneath stuff, especially when he's throwing to his right). But ATL could never find the legit deep threat during that period (even Roddy White took a few years before he emerged). With Lloyd, DThomas and Royal, we should already be ahead in that department. This should keep safeties out of the box, making Tebow and the running game more effective.

I'm not convinced Tebow will ever be a great QB. but one thing I love is his ability to get the ball into the endzone. iirc, before he started any games he had produced 4 TDs on 13 snaps (including the two vs JAX in wk 1). Even if he never develops into a true NFL QB, that kind of red-zone productivity can't be sneezed at.

My biggest concern regarding Tebow is how he will deal with not being able to simply impose his will physically on the opposition. I know, I know, Tebow is this super human worker who could never ever have any confidence issues. bull shit. he may be a demi-god, but he's still partially human. His entire football life, he's been a physical freak and that's always been enough. We heard the commentators say (I think in wk17, but not sure) how a 3rd and 2 at UF was pretty much a guaranteed conversion running Tebow up the gut.

Well, we all saw that in the pros, it doesn't work very often. and I know the Tebowites love to say how great the competition is in the SEC, but come on. It's not even close to comparable to the NFL. sure, it might be the best division in the NCAA, but on any given week how many NFL-caliber players is he facing? one or two? maybe three or four on a really stacked D, but at least some of those are probably freshmen or sophmores? It's just not comparable.

How well Tebow reacts when elements of his game that have been his bread and butter his ENTIRE playing career no longer works (ie, qb draws up the gut on 3rd and 2-8) will end up defining his career. It's great being a rah-rah guy when you're able to put your head down and bull your way to first downs and TDs. But how Tebow adapts to not being bigger and/or faster than just about every guy on the field chasing him will be interesting to watch.

tomjonesrocks
01-23-2011, 10:47 PM
My head tells me Tebow will not be the answer and 1-2 years from now we'll be again shopping for a QB (thanks McD) but Tebow is still the clear choice over Orton and at this point you have to give the guy a fair shot. Maybe he can become something of a Roethlisberger type, keeping plays alive with his feet and size and riding talent around him to a SB.

Am not particularly optimistic but without McD around at least I can watch the games again without the taste of bile in my mouth, win or lose...

Lonestar
01-23-2011, 10:53 PM
same can be said about every NFL QB 1-3 on any depth chart in the league. heck, Orton, Grossman, and Cutler have all shown they can put together winning seasons and playoff runs behind Chi's D and running game.

I personally hope McCoy models our offense after ATL's during Vick's first few years. A strong, multi-pronged running attack (they had Dunn and Duckett, we've got Moreno and White? Deangelo?) that created all sorts of isolation issues for defenses. Like Vick, if Tebow can get a corner he can make some positive plays.

And like Vick, Tebow can throw a pretty good long ball, when he gets a bit of room. He doesn't have the pure cannon Vick does, but he can get the ball down field with pretty good accuracy (probably more accurate than his underneath stuff, especially when he's throwing to his right). But ATL could never find the legit deep threat during that period (even Roddy White took a few years before he emerged). With Lloyd, DThomas and Royal, we should already be ahead in that department. This should keep safeties out of the box, making Tebow and the running game more effective.

I'm not convinced Tebow will ever be a great QB. but one thing I love is his ability to get the ball into the endzone. iirc, before he started any games he had produced 4 TDs on 13 snaps (including the two vs JAX in wk 1). Even if he never develops into a true NFL QB, that kind of red-zone productivity can't be sneezed at.

My biggest concern regarding Tebow is how he will deal with not being able to simply impose his will physically on the opposition. I know, I know, Tebow is this super human worker who could never ever have any confidence issues. bull shit. he may be a demi-god, but he's still partially human. His entire football life, he's been a physical freak and that's always been enough. We heard the commentators say (I think in wk17, but not sure) how a 3rd and 2 at UF was pretty much a guaranteed conversion running Tebow up the gut.

Well, we all saw that in the pros, it doesn't work very often. and I know the Tebowites love to say how great the competition is in the SEC, but come on. It's not even close to comparable to the NFL. sure, it might be the best division in the NCAA, but on any given week how many NFL-caliber players is he facing? one or two? maybe three or four on a really stacked D, but at least some of those are probably freshmen or sophmores? It's just not comparable.

How well Tebow reacts when elements of his game that have been his bread and butter his ENTIRE playing career no longer works (ie, qb draws up the gut on 3rd and 2-8) will end up defining his career. It's great being a rah-rah guy when you're able to put your head down and bull your way to first downs and TDs. But how Tebow adapts to not being bigger and/or faster than just about every guy on the field chasing him will be interesting to watch.

great post
:salute:

on the mobile site just can't look at MHS or HI-5s therefore can;t hand them out..

TXBRONC
01-24-2011, 09:53 AM
My head tells me Tebow will not be the answer and 1-2 years from now we'll be again shopping for a QB (thanks McD) but Tebow is still the clear choice over Orton and at this point you have to give the guy a fair shot. Maybe he can become something of a Roethlisberger type, keeping plays alive with his feet and size and riding talent around him to a SB.

Am not particularly optimistic but without McD around at least I can watch the games again without the taste of bile in my mouth, win or lose...

Because of his work ethic I think Tebow has a solid chance of succeeding where other high profile draft picks have failed.

lgenf
01-24-2011, 06:36 PM

I agree with most of your post (not like that means anything)

but to answer your question you posted above, did you see and watch the last three games of this season, those were NFL defenses he was facing, and he was moving the ball down the field well, and although he didn't convert every 3rd down, he did make most of them and that wasn't against a pre-season D, and that was with only 1, 2 or 3 weeks of practice with the No1 offense for Denver and with a HC missing and a play caller that wasn't sure what he wanted to do in the first game or how plays could be designed to use his talents to benefit the team instead of running McD plays that basically had Orton in the QB spot.

next year will have a offense designed around TT at QB and whatever RBs we will have and the set of WRs we have and sets up all their talents.

Agent of Orange
01-24-2011, 08:25 PM
I expect Tebow to become even better at reading the field. This includes pre-snap reads. I think the combination of that and having a sense of the speed of the game, should help reduce mistakes and allow him to make throws more confidently. I think the reduction of INTs and the ability to extend plays and move the sticks with his legs, will help the team improve and also help Tebow get better footing as a performer, even if he's not a stat horse like Drew Brees or Phillip Rivers.

Thor
01-25-2011, 07:33 AM
Like most rookie QBs' I figure Tebow will most likely struggle for the first half of the season. (I hope I'm Wrong.) It's the last 4-6 games I'm most interested in. How much does he improve after 10 games and defenses have him on film to study. All though I don't expect much from him next year I do believe he is going to be a great QB for Denver.

underrated29
01-25-2011, 01:20 PM
I still do not get why people think tebow will not succeed.

Throw out the work ethic and all that crap. It does not matter. Same with the arm motion and crap, it does not matter either.

What exactly has tebow shown anyone who thinks he will not be a good QB, a reason to believe he will not be a good QB? I just do not understand it at all.

They say, going against NFL defenses will be tougher, yes, and he did and has. And he performed well.
They say, well it was houston and whoever, only the bolts were a good d, but had nothing to play for- probably true, but so what, he still played he still performed. No one is telling sam bradford, mark sanchez, matt ryan, colt mccoy, or josh freeman that. They are all young and are ALL going to make mistakes.
They say, he cant run on nfl defenses and will have to learn to throw. Well he has run on defenses but more importantly has thrown on NFL defenses and scored TD after TD.

I just do not understand at all. He has not shown ANY reason, none that he can not be as good or better than any of the young QBs I listed above.

It is almost like people just say he cant because most people are saying he can. And they do not want to be like most people, so they just take the other side.

vandammage13
01-25-2011, 02:17 PM
I still do not get why people think tebow will not succeed.

Throw out the work ethic and all that crap. It does not matter. Same with the arm motion and crap, it does not matter either.

What exactly has tebow shown anyone who thinks he will not be a good QB, a reason to believe he will not be a good QB? I just do not understand it at all.

They say, going against NFL defenses will be tougher, yes, and he did and has. And he performed well.
They say, well it was houston and whoever, only the bolts were a good d, but had nothing to play for- probably true, but so what, he still played he still performed. No one is telling sam bradford, mark sanchez, matt ryan, colt mccoy, or josh freeman that. They are all young and are ALL going to make mistakes.
They say, he cant run on nfl defenses and will have to learn to throw. Well he has run on defenses but more importantly has thrown on NFL defenses and scored TD after TD.

I just do not understand at all. He has not shown ANY reason, none that he can not be as good or better than any of the young QBs I listed above.

It is almost like people just say he cant because most people are saying he can. And they do not want to be like most people, so they just take the other side.

I agree with everything you said except the last line....I think it is apparent that most people say he can't.

underrated29
01-25-2011, 02:26 PM
I agree with everything you said except the last line....I think it is apparent that most people say he can't.

oh yeah, i agree with that. I left off on here...Most people on here (broncos boards) think he can. my bad:cool:

vandammage13
01-25-2011, 02:28 PM
oh yeah, i agree with that. I left off on here...Most people on here (broncos boards) think he can. my bad:cool:

In that case I agree with everything you said.

underrated29
01-25-2011, 02:29 PM
In that case I agree with everything you said.

lol.

The Glue Factory
01-25-2011, 03:34 PM
I'd say most of the naysayers are those that trust the NFL "experts" opinion about Tebow. I guess there's lots of people to lazy to research something before forming their own opinion about things.

PAINTERDAVE
01-27-2011, 04:06 PM
This just in...

Jan. 27, 2011 1:52 p.m. - WR Brandon Lloyd said Denver's QB situation won't be dragged out so that it "becomes a circus." He added that it will be "hard to turn back" to Kyle Orton after playing popular Tim Tebow but that he sees a place for Orton somewhere in the league because so many teams are "putting players into compromising positions with the ball."

Broncos Rapid Reports

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/team/DEN

PAINTERDAVE
01-27-2011, 04:08 PM
From same source...

Jan. 27, 2011 2:00 p.m. - Denver’s new assistant coaching staff currently is breaking down tape and evaluating players on the current roster before delving into available free-agent options.