PDA

View Full Version : As of right now, is there a team in the AFC we can't beat?

sneakers
09-19-2008, 05:25 AM
I know in years past (heck, even last year) there was just teams in the AFC, we had absolutely no chance in beating on a given Sunday. But this year, given that we get a few breaks, I don't see a team out there in the AFC that we couldn't beat (not to say that we would beat every single team, but just that we would have a chance).

What team in the AFC would give us the most trouble?

omac
09-19-2008, 05:41 AM
I know in years past (heck, even last year) there was just teams in the AFC, we had absolutely no chance in beating on a given Sunday. But this year, given that we get a few breaks, I don't see a team out there in the AFC that we couldn't beat (not to say that we would beat every single team, but just that we would have a chance).

What team in the AFC would give us the most trouble?

Right now, I think Buffalo

broncophan
09-19-2008, 06:24 AM
NE, Indy, Buff,Jax,Jets,.....on the road.....

At home, I think we would beat them...

atwater27
09-19-2008, 06:29 AM
Great thread. Realistically, I think Tenesse is the toughest team in the AFC besides us. their defense is monstrous and their running game is legit. Kerry Collins might just be what they needed to become less beatable.

In the NFC though, I think there are 5 teams that would give us a run for our money, and 3 are in the NFC East. The other 2 are Arizona and Green Bay.

Timmy!
09-19-2008, 06:50 AM
Too early to say. We play the Jags, Bills, Pats, Jets, and Chargers again this year. We'll just have to see. Our weak schedule a couple months ago suddenly makes us a battle tested team in a couple months.

MOtorboat
09-19-2008, 07:12 AM
If our offense is the real deal, we can absolutely beat every team in the league...("Can" being the optimal word there)...but unless our defense comes around and plays better...we'll lose more games than most of us are thinking right now.

broncofaninfla
09-19-2008, 08:33 AM
With our offense I'd give us a sluggers chance against anybody in the league. I think we can score 30 against anybody in the league, trouble is I think we can give up 30 as well.

In-com-plete
09-19-2008, 09:35 AM
I think it's Pittsburgh.

They would put up a lot of points against us. Parker would go for atleast 150 and Big Ben would top 300. In my opinion, they're the most complete team in the AFC.

And if we played SD again this week, I don't think there's any way in hell we'd beat them. I wouldn't be surprised if they crush us in week 17.

Indy, Tennessee, and Buffalo are teams that we'd probably struggle against. NE also. I think we could beat them all. But right now, they're all very good and not one dimensional like we are.

broncofaninfla
09-19-2008, 09:42 AM
Honestly, people talk about Dallas being the best team in the league but their defense is about the same as ours and I'd put our offense up against theirs our anybody's.

jrelway
09-19-2008, 09:50 AM
i think the only 2 team that can hang with us in the AFC is Indy, cause Peyton always has monster games against us, and Pitt..good offensive and defensive team. Tennessee IMO couldnt hang with us, good D, but they cant put up the points.

jrelway
09-19-2008, 09:50 AM
oh yea, cant leave out SD either.

sacmar
09-19-2008, 10:29 AM
If we could figure out a way to run the ball even with our semi weak "D" i'd say we could beat anyone in the NFL.....(almighty joke of jets included )

Thnikkaman
09-19-2008, 10:43 AM
Romo is way too inconsistant to beat us, I think we don't have any problems against the Cowboys. The games that worry me are Buffalo, Carolina, and San Diego.

NameUsedBefore
09-19-2008, 10:53 AM
Tough D's, easily.

Pittsburgh, Tennessee and Jacksonville.

underrated29
09-19-2008, 11:11 AM
Jags- No- to hurt, no oline, no offense.
bills- NO- Great defense, not a great offense, only can run lynch.
NE-NO- even healthy brady- their defense in passing is WEAK!!!!!
TENN-NO-good defenseive fron 7. But not deep balls, they have only a run offense.
Jets- GET REAL! - the jets suck, they might hang close, but they could never beat us, unless we fold and they play out of this world.

Indy- peyton can and usually does, pick us apart.
Pitts-great D, good O, Toughest team in Confrence IMO.
Chargers- Good team, Good underrated defense. LT healthy, and this team is once again a powerhouse.

Those 3 teams, will give us the most trouble.

LordTrychon
09-19-2008, 11:14 AM
Of the teams most likely to beat us in the AFC...

I say the Broncos.

:salute:

That's right... I'm officially predicting that this team will in fact beat themselves at some point this year. ;)

ikillz0mbies
09-19-2008, 11:37 AM
The team that scares me is Buffalo. Their special teams unit is just THAT good with Roscoe Parrish, who burned the Broncos last year.

silkamilkamonico
09-19-2008, 11:47 AM
We can beat anyone, and anyone with a good offense can beat us.

I don't think we matchup very well at all with Pittsburgh. They are probably the one AFC team I would want to avoid this year.

NightTrainLayne
09-19-2008, 12:10 PM
I surmise that if Ed Hochuli had made the right call on Sunday that this thread wouldn't even exist.

Obviously, we can score well enough to beat anyone, but our defense will also allow us to lose to a lot of really strong teams.

We're two-and-0, Great! I love it, but let's not get too carried away. One different call last week and we're 1-1. Amazing how much different our outlook would be then. We'd still be a contender, but threads like this would get flamed.

topscribe
09-19-2008, 12:21 PM
Jags- No- to hurt, no oline, no offense.
bills- NO- Great defense, not a great offense, only can run lynch.
NE-NO- even healthy brady- their defense in passing is WEAK!!!!!
TENN-NO-good defenseive fron 7. But not deep balls, they have only a run offense.
Jets- GET REAL! - the jets suck, they might hang close, but they could never beat us, unless we fold and they play out of this world.

Indy- peyton can and usually does, pick us apart.
Pitts-great D, good O, Toughest team in Confrence IMO.
Chargers- Good team, Good underrated defense. LT healthy, and this team is once again a powerhouse.

Those 3 teams, will give us the most trouble.

Indy doesn't scare me at all. Peyton, yes, but his supporting cast has
deteriorated. And now, with Pittman, Hillis, and Torain (once he is healthy),
the Broncos have some between-the-tackles power, where Indy is weak.
And Cutler is now good enough that he can neutralize Peyton . . . actually
trump him because of Cutler's supporting cast.

Except for about three plays, the Broncos generally pushed the Chargers all
over the field. Once LT is healthy, the Chargers may be able to play the
Broncos to a stalemate. In their next game against the Broncos, I expect
the Chargers to win by the seven-point margin their home field advantage will
give them. However, if the Broncos can find one pass rusher to complement
Dumervil, then I believe it goes back to a toss-up.

Pittsburgh gives the Broncos the worst match-up problems, IMO. Their O-line
is hurting and is not as good as the Chargers. However, that is where the
Broncos are hurting: pass rush. The Steelers are dreadfully good everywhere
else. If they came here, the Broncos might win a close one. There, the
Steelers probably win a close one.

And so goes my exercise in gibberish . . .

-----

hamrob
09-19-2008, 01:04 PM
In order:

Pittsburgh
San Diego
Indy

Everyone else we can beat...the above three teams will undoubtedly give us the most trouble.

- San Diego...both banged up and cheated...we barely beat them at home.

- Pittsburgh...the most well-rounded team in the AFC...strong offense and defense.

- Indy...can match us point for point in a shoot out...both defenses are average at best.

- Others...NE, Buff, Tenn, Jax...All good teams...but we're better!

Nick
09-19-2008, 01:15 PM
I have to say Indy until we woop until our team shows different. Regardless of their line right now... Manning has owned our number. I know we are a different team but has to be the top team on my board. In the NFC I would put GB.

Those are my two toughest match ups against us.

I would not mind a GB VS Broncos in Febuary... 2-0 Broncos VS GB in superbowls sounds nice.

Lonestar
09-19-2008, 02:09 PM
I surmise that if Ed Hochuli had made the right call on Sunday that this thread wouldn't even exist.

Obviously, we can score well enough to beat anyone, but our defense will also allow us to lose to a lot of really strong teams.

We're two-and-0, Great! I love it, but let's not get too carried away. One different call last week and we're 1-1. Amazing how much different our outlook would be then. We'd still be a contender, but threads like this would get flamed.

Had a hard time deciding which post to quote.. But since we are so often at opposite sides to the fence I thought your best..

I'm really surprised at all of the realism that broke out all of sudden in this thread..

Of course when Warhorse gets on later it will turn.

IMO there a re several teams that can and most likely will bet us this year..

We played a pretty pathetic team IN OAK.... so throw that one out the door later in the year they will most likely give us all we can handle..

SAN should have been a loss not only the late second call but the Champ "PICK" earlier would have been overturned and that folks IMO would have most likely been a point that we would not have went up on them like we did and I think it would have been a bigger struggle that it was even going up on them 21-3 did not stop them from coming back..

Any game we play on the east coast this year is a BIG potential for a being a loss.. that should be Jet and NE.. NE's 3-4 defense has caused us issues for years..

BUF and CAR also both scare me..

And as someone pointed out DEN will biff it a couple of times this year.. and this is not factoring in and injuries..

I'm looking forward to 2009- and beyond cause unless mikey gets stupid with DAFT choices or letting some of this talent go we should be strong for the better part of a decade..

topscribe
09-19-2008, 02:58 PM
Here is the track record so far:

PRESEASON

Dallas: Our first-stringers whipped their first-stringers
Green Bay: Our first-stringers whipped their first-stringers
Phoenix (Cardinals): Our second- and third-stringers whipped their first-stringerss

REGULAR SEASON

Oakland: The Broncos demolished the Raiders on offense and defense.
San Diego: Except for three or four individual plays, the Broncos generally
pushed the Chargers wherever they wanted to go.

We need to get 2007 out of our heads. This is not 2007. The Broncos have
30 players who were not here last year, as I understand. Clady was not here.
Harris was not here. Wiegmann was not here. Neither were Pittman, Hillis,
Hamilton, Robertson, B. Bailey, McCree, or Manuel, among the starters. Kuper
is back in his natural position (right side as opposed to left). D.J. is back
where he belongs at WLB. So is Webster.

Selving and Hall are better RBs than they were last year. Cutler is a better
QB, not only because he is healthy now, but because he does so much more
in the pocket that manipulates defenses.

In my opinion, the Broncos have ONE dire need: a fire-breathing pass rusher
to complement Dumervil. If they had a decent pass rush, they would be
capable of running the table, IMO. I did not say they would. I said they would
have that capability.

IMHO.

EDIT: Wow, I forgot, of all people, Fast Eddie!! And D-Jack, too!! :loco:

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/OldFartgif.png

-----

jhns
09-19-2008, 03:04 PM
Champ "PICK" earlier would have been overturned and that folks IMO would have most likely been a point that we would not have went up on them like we did and I think it would have been a bigger struggle that it was even going up on them 21-3 did not stop them from coming back..

Not that it really matters at this poing but there is no way for that pick to be overturned. They aren't even allowed to challege possesion in that situation. While it may not have been a legitimate pick, they couldn't overturn it even if the replay equipment was working.

LRtagger
09-19-2008, 03:07 PM
We need to get 2007 out of our heads. This is not 2007. The Broncos have
30 players who were not here last year, as I understand. Clady was not here.
Harris was not here. Wiegmann was not here. Neither were Pittman, Hillis,
Hamilton, Robertson, B. Bailey, McCree, or Manuel, among the starters. Kuper
is back in his natural position (right side as opposed to left). D.J. is back
where he belongs at WLB. So is Webster.

How could you leave out ROYal :shocked::shocked:

LRtagger
09-19-2008, 03:07 PM
Not that it really matters at this poing but there is no way for that pick to be overturned. They aren't even allowed to challege possesion in that situation. While it may not have been a legitimate pick, they couldn't overturn it even if the replay equipment was working.

Yes, the NFL even released a statement saying as much.

topscribe
09-19-2008, 03:35 PM
How could you leave out ROYal :shocked::shocked:

FAST EDDIE!! My man!! :eek:

And D-Jack, too . . .

Wow. Please pass the Alzheimer pills . . . :tsk:

-----

Broncolingus
09-19-2008, 03:38 PM

NTL is on it like smelly on poopie...

Need that damn defensive line to get it going or the Bronc's will get waxed by the 'playoff' teams...

Broncos Mtnman
09-19-2008, 04:03 PM
Our start is great, exceeding the expectations of just about everybody, but the old adage of "Any Given Sunday" needs to be kept in mind.

Right about the time that the Broncos and the fans start thinking they can't lose is exactly the time that they will.

:coffee: