PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Want to Interview Saints DB Coach Dennis Allen for DC Position

Ziggy
01-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Denver has also sought permission to interview saints db coach dennis allen as DC. Plan is to meet w denver 1st then philly this weekend.

per Jay Glazer twitter

Ziggy
01-20-2011, 04:37 PM
Glazer's next tweet:

RT @A_Osieczanek: @Jay_Glazer > How do you feel about Allen in the DC position?>Very sharp, heir apparent to gregg williams in NO

Northman
01-20-2011, 04:45 PM
I wish we could just steal Dick Lebeau.

SOCALORADO.
01-20-2011, 04:55 PM

Whats so bad about Dennis Allen?
Would solidify the move back to the 4-3.

Yeah....... Lebeau would be insane. :D

Northman
01-20-2011, 05:02 PM
Whats so bad about Dennis Allen?
Would solidify the move back to the 4-3.

Yeah....... Lebeau would be insane. :D

Nothing is really wrong with Allen but im not super impressed with the Saints defense. They are more opportunistic than good really. Its like the 98' Broncos lite on defense. Problem is, we dont have any real playmakers at the DL or LB core (aside from Doom). I know Lebeau is a pipe dream but man i just want a guy who can be somewhat like Nolan and make something out of nothing. I dont know, im just venting i guess. I really want this defense to turn it around.

chazoe60
01-20-2011, 05:09 PM

I'll get the rope and the duct tape. How big is your trunk? <----On your car you sick basturd.

Northman
01-20-2011, 05:16 PM
I'll get the rope and the duct tape. How big is your trunk? <----On your car you sick basturd.

:lol::lol:

LSIGRAD09
01-20-2011, 05:16 PM
The Saints have a pretty decent secondary. I think he could be a good pickup. If we can't have Williams, another guy with him is the next best thing for a good D.

topscribe
01-20-2011, 05:42 PM
Might not be a bad choice. I don't think we would have to worry too much
about inexperience on the defensive side since that is where Fox excels . . .

-----

bcbronc
01-20-2011, 05:49 PM
Hopefully he brings Roman Harper with him!!
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BroncoStud
01-20-2011, 06:00 PM
The Saints aren't overly talented on defense and they force a lot of turnovers. I dont' know enough about this guy to make a judgment. But let's get real, Fox is running the show on defense, and that's a good thing.

Warhawk
01-20-2011, 06:09 PM
A younger guy who can work with / learn from Fox is the best fit, IMO. I'm sure the fact that Fox would be fairly hands-on with the D was something that kept Mora from getting on board.

Allen has coached the DL and secondary in NO. Considering that defense plays second fiddle there, they've done pretty well with the pieces at hand.

I Eat Staples
01-20-2011, 09:09 PM
Like some people already said, Fox is running the defense. The DC will just be asked to execute his schemes and help put the players in good positions. I would have worried more about our DC if we had an offensive coach.

Now I'm just fed up with keeping McCoy. He's going to be completely in charge of our offense, and that's pretty damn scary.

Mike
01-20-2011, 09:15 PM
Better than Mora.

TXBRONC
01-20-2011, 11:29 PM
I just hope they can come to a decision sometime soon.

Agent of Orange
01-21-2011, 12:08 AM
Better than Mora.

Mora is lessa?

ikillz0mbies
01-21-2011, 12:13 AM
He seems like a good option, but I honestly think the Broncos want Mike Trgovac, which is a better option than anyone else out there. I bet it's all smokescreen anyway.

TXBRONC
01-21-2011, 01:45 PM

Kidnapping is a Federal crime bro. :D

Denver Native (Carol)
01-21-2011, 01:57 PM
Broncos head coach John Fox continued his search for a defensive coordinator today, meeting with New Orleans Saints secondary coach Dennis Allen in Charlotte, N.C.

Allen, who has been with the Saints for five years and spent four seasons with the Atlanta Falcons, has also coached the defensive line in his time as an NFL assistant. Allen currently works under Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_17159368?source=rss

Denver Native (Carol)
01-22-2011, 06:53 PM
Saints head coach Sean Payton spoke with the New Orleans Times-Picayune this week about his suddenly hot secondary coach Dennis Allen. Allen has already met with the Denver Broncos about their defensive coordinator job and is reportedly interviewing with Andy Reid and the Eagles today. Payton isn't surprised that Allen has become a seemingly hot commodity this offseason.

"It's a small league, and there aren't many secrets," Payton said. "His reputation has grown, and the word has gotten around. You can see it on film. He's extremely talented, and another thing about him, he's an extremely hard-working guy. He's a guy that's going to have more of these opportunities down the line."

full article - http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2011/1/22/1950613/sean-payton-says-dennis-allen-is-ready

PAINTERDAVE
01-22-2011, 07:37 PM
I think trog is the guy...

broncofaninfla
01-22-2011, 08:09 PM
I think trog is the guy...

I think that's who Denver wants as well but honestly I like Allen a lot. I bet the Egles sign him though.