PDA

View Full Version : Analysis: Elway can make an important statement for Broncos by attending the Senior Bowl

Denver Native (Carol)
01-20-2011, 10:51 AM
Different things from article:

If Broncos executive John Elway attends practices at the Senior Bowl next week, plenty of folks will have their heads turned to where he's sitting in the stands at Ladd-Peebles Stadium rather than to the draft-eligible seniors on the field.

The annual game in Mobile, Ala., is a must-see event on the draft calendar. The best prospects who completed their college eligibility as seniors are there. Every scout, general manager, personnel executive and most head coaches in the NFL are in attendance.

Elway, the Broncos' new vice president of football operations, has said he will be in Mobile. John Fox, the Broncos' new head coach, said the events in Mobile could be the focus of the first complete meeting between Denver's scouting staff and coaching staff.

That alone would be a change of pace for the Broncos, who have been one of the more lightly represented teams at the Senior Bowl on the coaching side — especially when Mike Shanahan was head coach.

Shanahan, now the Redskins' head coach, has always felt since everything that takes place at the Senior Bowl and at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis is available on video, being there isn't important.

But the teams that do well in the draft make it important. When something is important to a team, the bosses are there. It's that simple.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17140434

SOCALORADO.
01-20-2011, 11:03 AM
I like it. And i expect it.
Its Elway.
So there should be no suprise.

NightTrainLayne
01-20-2011, 11:40 AM
This is great news. Just the fact that he's there, and is making it important will pay dividends with the scouting staff.

TXBRONC
01-20-2011, 11:41 AM
I like the idea of being better represented at events like this. These events wont tell you everything you need to know but I still think it is important to be there.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-20-2011, 11:44 AM
# RT @Koozy15 Will u be active in free agency?> Xanders/staff doing research. Coach Fox also will evaluate team in making FA decisions. 3:43 PM Jan 18th via web

Our entire coaching and personnel staff will convene for the first time next week in Mobile at the Senior Bowl... 3:18 PM Jan 18th via web

http://twitter.com/johnelway

rcsodak
01-21-2011, 10:13 PM
Looks like another reason Shanny failed at what he did. No wonder his *dafting* sucked all those years.

So arrogant to think he didn't need to have attendees there? And everybody is making so much of Mcd. :rolleyes: