PDA

View Full Version : Read between lines, it's Tebow

TXBRONC
01-19-2011, 09:40 AM
For my friends who are convinced that Orton will be gone next I think you'll like Paige's take on things.

Paige: Read between lines, it's Tebow
By Woody Paige
The Denver Post
Posted: 01/19/2011 01:00:00 AM MST

Stop the arguments and the presses.

Skeptics, soothsayers, scoffers and speculators can cackle until they turn predominantly blue in the face, and the head coach and the executive vice president of football operations can fib until they grow Pinocchio noses.

But there is no quarterback controversy in Denver.

Tim Tebow will be the Broncos' starter next season.

In another media interview Tuesday, John Fox reiterated that the team's quarterbacks will "compete, and we'll go from there."

http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_17132077

TXBRONC
01-19-2011, 09:44 AM
PainterDave you might find this section particularly interesting. :tsk: :D

Paige: Read between lines, it's Tebow
By Woody Paige
The Denver Post
Posted: 01/19/2011 01:00:00 AM MST

The Broncos cannot keep Kyle Orton for myriad reasons. He has proven to be an average quarterback — based on third-down and red-zone conversions, mobility and, most important, victories. In his past four years (after being benched for the entire 2006 season), Orton's overall record as a starter is 22-24 (5-18 since the seventh game of 2009).

When Orton wasn't avoiding Tebow last season, he was laughing at him during post- practice sprints. After Tebow became the starter, Orton sulked on the sidelines and never tried to assist or encourage him.

The two can't return to compete now that Orton is the backup — Orton won't accept a demotion (again) — and they both can't be on the roster making a potential $16.3 million in combined salary in 2011.

Orton has to be traded and there could be as many as seven suitors. He will be gone before training camp.

The Broncos, and particularly the players, can't have split allegiances at quarterback.

http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_17132077

vandammage13
01-19-2011, 09:56 AM
"In his past four years (after being benched for the entire 2006 season), Orton's overall record as a starter is 22-24 (5-18 since the seventh game of 2009)."

....But Kyle just wins!!!

BroncoStud
01-19-2011, 09:59 AM

Bingo. Kyle's attitude has been garbage about this QB situation. He had his chance and now it's time to ship the bum out. He's a quitter, he quit in a number of games this season, glad to see him get some of the props he deserves.

MasterShake
01-19-2011, 10:00 AM
I like Kyle, but Tebow is the future as of now. Plus we need to strike while the iron is hot. Orton has proven to be a servicable QB and there are a TON of teams in need of that. His demand will never be as high as it is right now, and thats precisely why we will move him.

JaxBroncoGirl
01-19-2011, 10:05 AM

Now that is why Orton is not a leader!!!! That is why he will remain at his level of play. Sad thing is while Orton was on the side lines laughing at Tebow running sprints, Tebow was beating all his teammates and winning. See even during running in Tebow's mind he has to win. Ya Gotta Love The Kid!!!

Northman
01-19-2011, 10:07 AM
When Orton wasn't avoiding Tebow last season, he was laughing at him during post- practice sprints. After Tebow became the starter, Orton sulked on the sidelines and never tried to assist or encourage him.

Wow, what a guy. lol

BroncoStud
01-19-2011, 10:09 AM
Now that is why Orton is not a leader!!!! That is why he will remain at this level of play.

You're right about that, he is no leader. It's hard for me to tell how good of a QB he really is, I didn't really see him check down and adjust reads a lot this year, seemingly he stuck with the initial pre-snap read most of the time...

He was truly a product of Josh's offense, and it's a damn fine offense for QB stats, just look at what Brady was able to accomplish in it.

Dzone
01-19-2011, 10:24 AM
again, the article confirms whAt is widely known, Orton is a selfish and arrogant JERK

rcsodak
01-19-2011, 10:26 AM
"In his past four years (after being benched for the entire 2006 season), Orton's overall record as a starter is 22-24 (5-18 since the seventh game of 2009)."

....But Kyle just wins!!!
He did until landing in the wastelands of denver. He HAD one of the best winning% at home, until landing in the wastelands of denver.

Funny how Kyle was receiving accolades during his record-making run....then when he falters, gets injured/replaced, becomes the scorn of the earth.

Honestly, Raider fans show more class, sometimes, than broncos fans. :coffee:
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

rcsodak
01-19-2011, 10:30 AM
You're right about that, he is no leader. It's hard for me to tell how good of a QB he really is, I didn't really see him check down and adjust reads a lot this year, seemingly he stuck with the initial pre-snap read most of the time...

He was truly a product of Josh's offense, and it's a damn fine offense for QB stats, just look at what Brady was able to accomplish in it.
LMAO. Like you have ANY idea of what the play/pre-reads are to begin with. Try to not let your bias against Orton cloud your knowledge. :coffee:

Northman
01-19-2011, 10:30 AM
He did until landing in the wastelands of denver. He HAD one of the best winning% at home, until landing in the wastelands of denver.

Funny how Kyle was receiving accolades during his record-making run....then when he falters, gets injured/replaced, becomes the scorn of the earth.

Yea, i know the feeling. I see you slamming Shanahan left and right and feel the same way sometimes. But try not to be too butthurt over this, i mean afterall it is just a messageboard and no one is pointing a gun to your head. :lol:

GEM
01-19-2011, 10:35 AM
Bingo. Kyle's attitude has been garbage about this QB situation. He had his chance and now it's time to ship the bum out. He's a quitter, he quit in a number of games this season, glad to see him get some of the props he deserves.

After going down 21-0 against the Raiders, Orton walks to the sideline and what pops out of his mouth....We're done. That was before the first quarter was even done....had more than 3 quarters left...and we're done. :rolleyes:

Northman
01-19-2011, 10:37 AM
After going down 21-0 against the Raiders, Orton walks to the sideline and what pops out of his mouth....We're done. That was before the first quarter was even done....had more than 3 quarters left...and we're done. :rolleyes:

Really? I did not know that. Wow, as more and more things come to light i totally had this guy pegged a whole lot different.

GEM
01-19-2011, 10:41 AM
Really? I did not know that. Wow, as more and more things come to light i totally had this guy pegged a whole lot different.

Yea, my dad and I were watching the game, we went 3 and out and as Kyle was walking off the field to the sideline he said we're done. The camera caught it. My dad and I just looked at each other like you have got to be kidding me. We have more than 3 quarters to get back into this game and quit already.

BroncoStud
01-19-2011, 10:42 AM
LMAO. Like you have ANY idea of what the play/pre-reads are to begin with. Try to not let your bias against Orton cloud your knowledge. :coffee:

Don't worry kiddo, I know enough...

Montana Battlin Bear
01-19-2011, 10:44 AM

He might not have an idea, but it was obvious that the last few games with Orton starting I don't remember him checking down with the running back out of the backfield or the Tight End.

honz
01-19-2011, 10:48 AM
Jesus christ, easy on the Orton bashing guys. It's not like he gave blood before a game or anything.

GEM
01-19-2011, 10:50 AM
Jesus christ, easy on the Orton bashing guys. It's not like he gave blood before a game or anything.

Well played, honz!! :lol:

TXBRONC
01-19-2011, 11:00 AM

The accolades were coming from people who agree with you that Orton is a really good quarterback. Most of people you're criticizing complimented him on how he was doing but never bought into him as being that good and were always clear about that.

I think it's entirely possible that if anyone had said that would more than likely not keep up that pace (which he obviously didn't) would have been excoriated as being haters and their allegiance would have been questioned.

TXBRONC
01-19-2011, 11:06 AM

Really? I didn't get see all of the game so missed it and I don't remember mentioning it on the board. I believe you GEM I'm just shocked that Orton would do that. :shocked:

Northman
01-19-2011, 11:22 AM

Maybe he should have. Sometimes you have to pay the toll to the gods or else they curse you by replacing you with a RB. :lol:

BroncoJoe
01-19-2011, 11:26 AM
Yea, my dad and I were watching the game, we went 3 and out and as Kyle was walking off the field to the sideline he said we're done. The camera caught it. My dad and I just looked at each other like you have got to be kidding me. We have more than 3 quarters to get back into this game and quit already.

Doesn't sound like anything Tebow would do...

chazoe60
01-19-2011, 11:36 AM
Can't wait until this piece of shit is no longer a Bronco.

He is absolutely the worst leader I have ever seen at the QB position for the Denver Broncos.

GEM
01-19-2011, 11:39 AM
Doesn't sound like anything Tebow would do...

Nope. There is no quit in Tebow. :shrugs:

weazel
01-19-2011, 11:39 AM
really, if the team is gonna go 3-13 or 4-12, you might as well lose with the young guy instead of the older guy...

TXBRONC
01-19-2011, 11:45 AM
Nope. There is no quit in Tebow. :shrugs:

That is one of the things I like about Tebow. All three games he started we ended up behind but he never gave up.

TXBRONC
01-19-2011, 12:20 PM
Now that is why Orton is not a leader!!!! That is why he will remain at his level of play. Sad thing is while Orton was on the side lines laughing at Tebow running sprints, Tebow was beating all his teammates and winning. See even during running in Tebow's mind he has to win. Ya Gotta Love The Kid!!!

If he doesn't make it in the League it wont be for a lack of effort.

PAINTERDAVE
01-19-2011, 12:23 PM
I wish Kyle the best wherever he lands.

It is simply TIME to move on.

When I tell people out in the world here in Denver, that there are folks online
politicking for Orton to play... they are dumbfounded.

Tebow is seen as the starter, by everyone I know.
They get angry with me when I try to agrue tha points that I hear on board here...
-He had a bad O-line... no Runing game..the defense.. all that stuff.
I am talking season ticket holders here.

Nobody cares. They ALL remember the pick 6 to start the Raiders debacle.
They all want to move on. They all believe Tebow can play.
For good or bad... Tebow is seen as teh starter on this team.

If Fox was to start Orton... there would be a mass uprising against the Broncos.

You can't tell me that Fox does not know it... that Elway and Xanders do not know it.
Bowlen knows it.

The moment the CBA is signed... I think Orton will be on a Jet to his new team.

topscribe
01-19-2011, 12:24 PM

Did you catch the context of the conversation? I mean, did you have any
idea of what he was getting at, or did you just see him say those two words?

I don't know what he was getting at, either, but what was he referring to?
Did he mean, "We're done the way the defense is not playing," or "We're
done if I don't stop throwing like I have been," or "We're done unless
we all start playing some football"? Something like that?

I know I will now be attacked as responding as an "Orton lover" (I'm not
saying by you, GEM), but in any case, I prefer not to take two spoken
words and interpret any kind of meaning from it. Were I on the sidelines, I
might have said, "What did you mean by that?" and then take judgment, no
matter who said it . . .

------

topscribe
01-19-2011, 12:28 PM
I wish Kyle the best wherever he lands.

It is simply TIME to move on.

When I tell people out in the world that there are folks online
politicking for Orton to play... they are dumbfounded.

Tebow is seen as the starter, by everyone I know.
They get angry with me when I try to agrue tha points that I hear on board here...
-He had a bad O-line... no Runing game..the defense.. all that stuff.

Nobody cares. They ALL remember the pick 6 to start the Raiders debacle.
They all want to move on. They all believe Tebow can play.

If Fox was to start Orton... there would be a mass uprising against the Broncos.

You can't tell me that Fox does not know it... that Elway and Xanders do not know it.
Bowlen knows it.

The moment the CBA is signed... I think Orton will be on a Jet to his new team.

I think that would depend. If Fox was to start Orton and the Broncos kept
losing, then yes there would be an outcry (even if the defense and running
game still stunk). However, if the Broncos started winning and kept doing it,
then only the Tebow groupies would still be whining. But the fans who root
for the Broncos and are concerned about winning could care less who is at
QB, as long as the game falls under "W" and not "L." This is exactly Fox's
concern and why he will start whomever he will start . . .

-----

GEM
01-19-2011, 12:30 PM

matter who said it . . .

------

He walked off the field and said We're done. I don't know many ways to interpret that. I didn't make a deal of it then because of the chance of interpretation. But it does go along with some other things since then.

People will take from it what they want, but it doesn't change that the words came out of his mouth. I won't crucify him because of it. If that were my purpose I would have started a thread about it back then. But that coupled with a few other things....makes me question him.

Doesn't really matter, I appreciate what he did for us during his time here with us.I hope the best for him in the future. It's just Denver's time to move on, IMO.

topscribe
01-19-2011, 12:35 PM
He walked off the field and said We're done. I don't know many ways to interpret that. I didn't make a deal of it then because of the chance of interpretation. But it does go along with some other things since then.

People will take from it what they want, but it doesn't change that the words came out of his mouth. I won't crucify him because of it. If that were my purpose I would have started a thread about it back then. But that coupled with a few other things....makes me question him.

Doesn't really matter, I appreciate what he did for us during his time here with us.I hope the best for him in the future. It's just Denver's time to move on, IMO.

That still doesn't prove anything. A person can say something that can be
taken a dozen different ways by a dozen different witnesses, respectively,
and only the clarification by the person who said it can bring out the
speaker's intentions. As I said, I am not going to take two words and make
a judgment about a person's intentions. I have uttered a partial phrase out
of a complete thought before that could have been interpreted differently
from what was going on in my mind, so why would I not give someone else
that consideration?

This isn't about supporting or denigrating the person in question. This is
about reserving judgment without further information.

-----

PAINTERDAVE
01-19-2011, 12:36 PM
I think that would depend. If Fox was to start Orton and the Broncos kept
losing, then yes there would be an outcry (even if the defense and running
game still stunk). However, if the Broncos started winning and kept doing it,
then only the Tebow groupies would still be whining. But the fans who root
for the Broncos and are concerned about winning could care less who is at
QB, as long as the game falls under "W" and not "L." This is exactly Fox's
concern and why he will start whomever he will start . . .

-----

In the long run that might be true, Top.

However.. I sincerely doubt we will ever know.
Orton is a free agent after this season.
We trade him as soon as the CBA is signed...
and move forward to the future.
Time will be short for his new team and for our team both.

If we played Orton... then we will have to sign him to a multi million-long term deal.
I seriously doubt that will happen.
We are not gonna sign Orton to a mult year- multi million dollar deal...
and Kyle will not sign another one year extension.

That would also mean Tebow on the bench.. another season - 2011.

So if we play Orton... he walks as a free agent at the seasons end..
and we are right back where we are now... in 2012.

This is a REBUILDING year. It is time to rebuild. Get ready for 2012.

I do sincerely wish Orton the best of luck.
Maybe he learned something from this epxereience..
but the well has already been poisened here for Kyle.
And the empty bottle of poison is in his own hand.

shank
01-19-2011, 12:39 PM
i was impressed with how jake plummer handled getting benched (until the offseason).

BroncoStud
01-19-2011, 12:43 PM
That still doesn't prove anything. A person can say something that can be
taken a dozen different ways by a dozen different witnesses, respectively,
and only the clarification by the person who said it can bring out the
speaker's intentions. As I said, I am not going to take two words and make
a judgment about a person's intentions. I have uttered a partial phrase out
of a complete thought before that could have been interpreted differently
from what was going on in my mind, so why would I not give someone else
that consideration?

This isn't about supporting or denigrating the person in question. This is
about reserving judgment without further information.

-----

It's your pipedream to believe that Orton still has any shot of playing another down here in Denver. He's done and there is no value in keeping him here to start, as he has proven to be the 2nd best QB on this roster. Fox would be an absolute fool to start him and he knows it. I am sure it was discussed in the many hours of talks that whoever coaches this team is here to develop Tim Tebow. There is no value in playing Orton going forward for this team.

While I realize you wish him to stay and lead your team in mediocre fashion I'm afraid about 99% of the playing season ticket holders likely disagree. Reality is that Orton is a goner and justifiably so. He quit on his team and he has been a malcontent ever since.

topscribe
01-19-2011, 12:45 PM
In the long run that might be true, Top.

However.. I sincerely doubt we will ever know.
Orton is a free agent after this season.
We trade him as soon as the CBA is signed...
and move forward to the future.
Time will be short for his new team and for our team both.

If we played Orton... then we will have to sign him to a multi million-long term deal.
I seriously doubt that will happen.
We are not gonna sign Orton to a mult year- multi million dollar deal...
and Kyle will not sign another one year extension.

That would also mean Tebow on the bench.. another season - 2011.

So if we play Orton... he walks as a free agent at the seasons end..
and we are right back where we are now... in 2012.

This is a REBUILDING year. It is time to rebuild. Get ready for 2012.

I do sincerely wish Orton the best of luck.
Maybe he learned something from this epxereience..
but the well has already been poisened here for Kyle.
And the empty bottle of poison is in his own hand.

In a normal year, I might agree with you about Orton's impending departure.
But this is not a normal year. Due to the labor dispute and very possible
lockout, any trading might not be feasible until as late as August. That
could considerably diminish Orton's trade value because the teams who
need a QB want help NOW, which would be very difficult since a QB stepping
into an entirely different system would not be very effective for a while.

Therefore, it is possible that the Broncos would be inclined to keep Orton if
they can't get the value they should get for him.

This is a strange year. We just might see Orton on the roster whenever the
team again gets together for practice. If that happens, Fox has faithfully
promised that whoever starts at any position will be as the result of
competition. I don't think Fox is afraid to start anybody who wins out.

I'm not making any predictions. I'm only saying that, because of the
circumstances we anticipate for this next year, nobody can predict anything
at this point, including Fox or the FO.

-----

topscribe
01-19-2011, 12:46 PM
It's your pipedream to believe that Orton still has any shot of playing another down here in Denver. He's done and there is no value in keeping him here to start, as he has proven to be the 2nd best QB on this roster. Fox would be an absolute fool to start him and he knows it. I am sure it was discussed in the many hours of talks that whoever coaches this team is here to develop Tim Tebow. There is no value in playing Orton going forward for this team.

While I realize you wish him to stay and lead your team in mediocre fashion I'm afraid about 99% of the playing season ticket holders likely disagree. Reality is that Orton is a goner and justifiably so. He quit on his team and he has been a malcontent ever since.

You don't know what Fox knows.

Now, I did not need or deserve your insulting allusion toward me. I am a
Broncos fan, son. I don't care who is starting where, provided the Broncos
are winning. That is all I have cared about since 9 Sept 1960, when I
watched the Broncos first take the field.

Now, if you want to debate Orton, go somewhere else and find somebody
else to do it with. I am trying to discuss what might happen in the present
circumstances. I don't have the time or the patience for your smack . .

-----

BroncoStud
01-19-2011, 12:47 PM
In a normal year, I might agree with you about Orton's impending departure.
But this is not a normal year. Due to the labor dispute and very possible
lockout, any trading might not be feasible until as late as August. That
could considerably diminish Orton's trade value because the teams who
need a QB want help NOW, which would be very difficult since a QB stepping
into an entirely different system would not be very effective for a while.

Therefore, it is possible that the Broncos would be inclined to keep Orton if
they can't get the value they should get for him.

This is a strange year. We just might see Orton on the roster whenever the
team again gets together for practice. If that happens, Fox has faithfully
promised that whoever starts at any position will be as the result of
competition. I don't think Fox is afraid to start anybody who wins out.

I'm not making any predictions. I'm only saying that, because of the
circumstances we anticipate for this next year, nobody can predict anything
at this point, including Fox or the FO.

-----

TOP, even with the CBA and all that non-sense there are teams who want/need his services. With a limited number of draft picks this season I think Denver would be inclined to trade Orton, even for late rounders. Heck, they could trade him for picks in NEXT year's draft.

He has value, I don't think it's 2nd round value, but he has value.

BroncoStud
01-19-2011, 12:47 PM
You don't know what Fox knows.

Now, if you want to debate Orton, go somewhere else and find somebody
else to do it with. I am trying to discuss what might happen in the present
circumstances. I don't have the time or the patience for your smack . .

-----

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

topscribe
01-19-2011, 12:50 PM
Painter and GEM, thank you for your attempts at intelligent discussion. I
appreciate discussing this with you, even though there has been some
belching and farting from elsewhere in this thread.

-----

BroncoStud
01-19-2011, 12:52 PM
Painter and GEM, thank you for your attempts at intelligent discussion. I
appreciate discussing this with you, even though there has been some
belching and farting from elsewhere in this thread.

-----

You can't discuss Kyle without getting emotional... :confused:

topscribe
01-19-2011, 12:56 PM
You can't discuss Kyle without getting emotional... :confused:

I don't like your insults. You didn't see me get emotional with Painter or GEM.
If you want to conduct an intelligent discussion, then we'll be fine . . .

-----

BroncoStud
01-19-2011, 01:01 PM
I don't like your insults. You didn't see me get emotional with Painter or GEM.
If you want to conduct an intelligent discussion, then we'll be fine . . .

-----

I didn't insult you, it's common knowledge you prefer Orton to Tebow. That's your opinion and it's fine, if we all held the same belief then discussion would be pointless.

I gave you a serious response above and you ignored it.

Orton has value, Denver needs to take advantage of that value as having Orton on the bench in a disgruntled fashion doesn't help this team or Orton, when he could be dealt for even mid-late round picks in either this year or next year's draft.

There are plenty of teams that will have to draft rookie QBs this year and don't have solid veterans they trust, Orton could be a stopgap while they develop those QBs. Tennessee comes to mind, as does Carolina. The 49ers certainly come to mind as do the Vikings.

Orton certainly has trade value, Denver needs to capitalize on it, even in an odd year with the CBA.

TXBRONC
01-19-2011, 01:03 PM
TOP, even with the CBA and all that non-sense there are teams who want/need his services. With a limited number of draft picks this season I think Denver would be inclined to trade Orton, even for late rounders. Heck, they could trade him for picks in NEXT year's draft.

He has value, I don't think it's 2nd round value, but he has value.

I think they will try to avoid getting picks in for next year's draft because we're so short on them this year. I guess that if they thought that was the best offer they could get they would go with it but otherwise they will try to get picks for upcoming draft.

topscribe
01-19-2011, 01:06 PM
I didn't insult you, it's common knowledge you prefer Orton to Tebow. That's your opinion and it's fine, if we all held the same belief then discussion would be pointless.

I gave you a serious response above and you ignored it.

Orton has value, Denver needs to take advantage of that value as having Orton on the bench in a disgruntled fashion doesn't help this team or Orton, when he could be dealt for even mid-late round picks in either this year or next year's draft.

There are plenty of teams that will have to draft rookie QBs this year and don't have solid veterans they trust, Orton could be a stopgap while they develop those QBs. Tennessee comes to mind, as does Carolina. The 49ers certainly come to mind as do the Vikings.

Orton certainly has trade value, Denver needs to capitalize on it, even in an odd year with the CBA.

Do you have trouble with reading comprehension?

I said I don't give a rat's ass who starts at QB, as long as the Broncos are winning.

Now, if you will let me know what part of this you do not understand, I will try to break it down for you.

BroncoStud
01-19-2011, 01:09 PM
I think they will try to avoid getting picks in for next year's draft because we're so short on them this year. I guess that if they thought that was the best offer they could get they would go with it but otherwise they will try to get picks for upcoming draft.

You're probably right, but this year is such a blah draft, I would think it's something to at least consider. I bet we could get something like a 5th this year and a 6th next year, or something like that... Who knows. :salute:

Mike
01-19-2011, 01:10 PM
The Broncos played with more enthusiasm and passion with Tebow at the helm. The last few games with Orton were as bad as any I have ever seen...heartless/gutless football.

I don't know if Tebow is the answer, but the Broncos need to find out. Starting Orton is a step in the wrong direction and would be going backwords...unless they already believe that Tebow isn't the future.

No way that is the case. We all know that Orton is done in Denver and all that remains is the game to be played to get the best deal for him.

TXBRONC
01-19-2011, 01:11 PM
You're probably right, but this year is such a blah draft, I would think it's something to at least consider. I bet we could get something like a 5th this year and a 6th next year, or something like that... Who knows. :salute:

That would work.

BroncoStud
01-19-2011, 01:13 PM

I said I don't give a rat's ass who starts at QB, as long as the Broncos are winning.

Now, if you will let me know what part of this you do not understand, I will try to break it down for you.

Please, try and break it down for me, I guess I lack comprehension skills. Because all season long, while Denver was LOSING, all we heard from you was how Orton was the best option, how Orton was a good QB, how Tebow wasn't ready, etc, etc...

I wasn't insulting you but you certainly don't have issue insulting me. I guess that's just how you roll but it certainly is a tad hypocritical. Like I said, you cannot discuss Kyle Orton in a rational manner because you are too emotionally tied to him. :elefant:

As I said twice now, Orton has value, he wants to start, Denver can capitalize on both of those ideas by dealing him to a team who needs a starting QB and is willing to deal some draft picks to get one.

Lonestar
01-19-2011, 01:15 PM
funny that 90% of what woody writes is crap and now he seems to be a muse..

I guess that people rate someones ideas as how close they are to their own..

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

topscribe
01-19-2011, 01:21 PM
Please, try and break it down for me, I guess I lack comprehension skills. Because all season long, while Denver was LOSING, all we heard from you was how Orton was the best option, how Orton was a good QB, how Tebow wasn't ready, etc, etc...

I wasn't insulting you but you certainly don't have issue insulting me. I guess that's just how you roll but it certainly is a tad hypocritical. Like I said, you cannot discuss Kyle Orton in a rational manner because you are too emotionally tied to him. :elefant:

As I said twice now, Orton has value, he wants to start, Denver can capitalize on both of those ideas by dealing him to a team who needs a starting QB and is willing to deal some draft picks to get one.

Here is where it all started. You said:

While I realize you wish him to stay and lead your team in mediocre fashionI took that as an insult, and it had absolutely nothing with the discussion.

This is the end of my part of this exchange with you. It is going nowhere,
as usual.

-----

BroncoStud
01-19-2011, 01:29 PM
Here is where it all started. You said:

I took that as an insult, and it had absolutely nothing with the discussion.

This is the end of my part of this exchange with you. It is going nowhere,
as usual.

-----

Oh calm down, we've had many good debates. When I said you wish to have him lead the Broncos, I should not have said "in a mediocre fashion" - I apologize if that insulted you. I do not wish to offend or insult anyone, especially my favorite debater.

I believe he leads the Broncos in a mediocre fashion but understand you do not share that belief, once again a difference of opinion. I take it back though.

topscribe
01-19-2011, 01:38 PM
Oh calm down, we've had many good debates. When I said you wish to have him lead the Broncos, I should not have said "in a mediocre fashion" - I apologize if that insulted you. I do not wish to offend or insult anyone, especially my favorite debater.

I believe he leads the Broncos in a mediocre fashion but understand you do not share that belief, once again a difference of opinion. I take it back though.

I have a high opinion of Orton. I don't care who knows it. Everyone does,
anyway, as you pointed out.

However, every damned comment I make is not associated with my opinion
of Orton. So I don't need someone else to come along and try to associate
him with it. I was discussing what I thought could happen, not what I hope
will happen. What I hope will happen is that that Broncos will win. Period.
I don't know what about that is so hard to understand.

I know I said I wasn't going to say anything more, but I thought I at least
owed this response . . .

-----

BroncoStud
01-19-2011, 01:42 PM
I have a high opinion of Orton. I don't care who knows it. Everyone does,
anyway, as you pointed out.

However, every damned comment I make is not associated with my opinion
of Orton. So I don't need someone else to come along and try to associate
him with it. I was discussing what I thought could happen, not what I hope
would happen. What I hope will happen is that that Broncos will win. Period.
I don't know what about that is so hard to understand.

I know I said I wasn't going to say anything more, but I thought I at least
owed this response . . .

-----

That's a pretty valid point, it does seem like every response you make I associate with your high opinion of Orton. I didn't even realize it but sometimes I respond to you without even thinking about it lol...

I will refrain from that in the future, it doesn't seem just.

vandammage13
01-19-2011, 01:45 PM

I think he understands what you are saying, but just doesn't believe you....

(perhaps for good reason)

Northman
01-19-2011, 01:47 PM
You guys still argueing? lol

topscribe
01-19-2011, 01:49 PM
You guys still argueing? lol

Notice I saluted his last post.

And it is "arguing." ;)

:D

-----

BroncoStud
01-19-2011, 01:56 PM
I think he understands what you are saying, but just doesn't believe you....

(perhaps for good reason)

While TOP is surely an Orton-Homer, I do believe he would support whichever player gives the Broncos the best chance to win. My guess is that TOP will be a big Tebow-guy by midseason in 2011, once Tebow has had a chance to show he's a capable player.

GEM
01-19-2011, 02:12 PM

**EDIT** Holy heck....2 posters worked it out on their own. No need for my comment. ;)

topscribe
01-19-2011, 02:17 PM
DELETED COMMENT

Thank you, m'lady, but I actually was just considering possibilities. I have
no clue whether Orton will be traded, or whether he will stay and compete.
I don't even know what I prefer to happen: That would depend on what is
best at the time for the Broncos and for Kyle.

What I was trying to do was to simply trying to bring out the difficulties of
the situation because of the labor dispute, no matter what they are
disposed to do . . .

-----

chazoe60
01-19-2011, 02:19 PM
Some people who support Orton are DBs others are DBFs

Top is a DBF. He and Orton are BFF.

GEM
01-19-2011, 02:21 PM
Some people who support Orton are DBs others are DBFs

Top is a DBF. He and Orton are BFF.

And you are just a NCP.

Nincompoop.

:lol: :D

Ravage!!!
01-19-2011, 02:24 PM
There is no way Orton is on this roster next year. Just not going to happen.

chazoe60
01-19-2011, 02:26 PM
And you are just a NCP.

Nincompoop.

:lol: :D

Notoriously Cool Person.

BroncoStud
01-19-2011, 02:32 PM
Notoriously Cool Person.

That's it! :laugh:

Juriga72
01-19-2011, 04:14 PM
[QUOTE=rcsodak;1195044]He did until landing in the wastelands of denver. He HAD one of the best winning% at home, until landing in the wastelands of denver.

Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums[/QUOTE

LMAO... classic Orton-excuses. Too bad that "Great home winning %" was in Chicago....and he cant play any other place.

Lonestar
01-19-2011, 04:20 PM

LMAO... classic Orton-excuses. Too bad that "Great home winning %" was in Chicago....and he cant play any other place.

that is yet to be seen.

Orton did not lose all of those games by himself, or by mistakes he made.

It was team losses.

some day YOU just might figure that out. but maybe not..your choice..

Lest we all forget Even Elway needed help to win it all..

might take time to learn how to quote before raging about others..

BroncoStud
01-19-2011, 04:25 PM
that is yet to be seen.

Orton did not lose all of those games by himself, or by mistakes he made.

It was team losses.

some day YOU just might figure that out. but maybe not..your choice..

Lest we all forget Even Elway needed help to win it all..

might take time to learn how to quote before raging about others..

I am taking a wild stab here and going to say that Elway was probably sickened by the way Orton gave up late in games, or by the way he quit when he going got tough... Orton is the anti-Elway, and don't doubt that Elway knows that and hasn't been watching.

I Eat Staples
01-19-2011, 04:27 PM

I think I said that when it was 14-0. :D

topscribe
01-19-2011, 04:28 PM
I am taking a wild stab here and going to say that Elway was probably sickened by the way Orton gave up late in games, or by the way he quit when he going got tough... Orton is the anti-Elway, and don't doubt that Elway knows that and hasn't been watching.

Yes, that certainly would be a wild stab . . .

-----

Lonestar
01-19-2011, 04:31 PM

Well I guess because I did not see every game on TV I did not see him giving up like the band wagon that everyone seems to be on right now.

But the games I did see he was about the only one that was trying..

That said I have been one of the original Tebow fans and hope he does well as I beleive he is a FQB. whether that happens or not time will tell.

rcsodak
01-19-2011, 04:38 PM
He might not have an idea, but it was obvious that the last few games with Orton starting I don't remember him checking down with the running back out of the backfield or the Tight End.Again, HOW....WOULD....YOU...KNOW??????

Just typical player bashing by so_called fans who think they know best.

rcsodak
01-19-2011, 04:42 PM
Don't worry kiddo, I know enough...
Lol.....never doubt those voices in your head. :rolleyes:

topscribe
01-19-2011, 04:42 PM
He might not have an idea, but it was obvious that the last few games with Orton starting I don't remember him checking down with the running back out of the backfield or the Tight End.

This is hilarious. When he did check down, he was derisively called "Check Down Charlie."

And now he's criticized for not checking down . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thgoofy.gif

-----

rcsodak
01-19-2011, 04:54 PM
And to think nobody else saw it, YouTubed it.... Sure you didn't read about this at Bleacher Report? :coffee:

BroncoStud
01-19-2011, 04:57 PM
Yes, that certainly would be a wild stab . . .

-----

I don't think it's that wild... I guess we'll see.

BroncoStud
01-19-2011, 04:58 PM
And to think nobody else saw it, YouTubed it.... Sure you didn't read about this at Bleacher Report? :coffee:

You're right, she's making it up! It couldn't have POSSIBLY taken place, right? Because YOU failed to see it... :laugh:

Give it up kid. :elefant:

topscribe
01-19-2011, 04:58 PM
I don't think it's that wild... I guess we'll see.

Well, well . . . wondered what happened to you.

Thought maybe you had died and gone to heaven . . . :laugh:

-----

rcsodak
01-19-2011, 04:59 PM
Yea, i know the feeling. I see you slamming Shanahan left and right and feel the same way sometimes. But try not to be too butthurt over this, i mean afterall it is just a messageboard and no one is pointing a gun to your head. :lol:
Never been anti-shanny....next?

topscribe
01-19-2011, 05:00 PM

You're right, she's making it up! It couldn't have POSSIBLY taken place, right? Because YOU failed to see it... :laugh:

Still not worth a big deal. As I mentioned, it was two words . . .

-----

BroncoJoe
01-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Good grief.

rcsodak
01-19-2011, 05:10 PM

:doh: You just consistantly try to put words in others' mouths...... :tsk:

LSIGRAD09
01-19-2011, 05:10 PM
Give Tebow the ball. He did adequately in his 3 starts. Think of an offseason of work! I think he can only go up!

BroncoStud
01-19-2011, 05:12 PM
Well, well . . . wondered what happened to you.

Thought maybe you had died and gone to heaven . . . :laugh:

-----

Haha, I can only HOPE Heaven awaits me brother.

topscribe
01-19-2011, 05:12 PM
:doh: You just consistantly try to put words in others' mouths...... :tsk:

I know you've always had my back, RC. And I'm grateful. But Stud and I
worked that out, and he has my respect for how he responded on that. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

*even though he's still all wet about Orton*

-----

I Eat Staples
01-19-2011, 05:15 PM
Typical Orton thread. Nothing to see here.

dogfish
01-19-2011, 05:17 PM
Good grief.

joe, you seem to say that a lot lately. . . :laugh:

topscribe
01-19-2011, 05:18 PM
Typical Orton thread. Nothing to see here.

Just meaningless, water-cooler banter. Kind of nice sometimes, actually . . .

-----

GEM
01-19-2011, 05:20 PM
I think I said that when it was 14-0. :D

You're a fan sitting on the sidelines who can't do anything about it. Players on the other hand could get the foot up their teammates ass and do something about it. Anything but quit. That ******* word isn't in my vocabulary.

GEM
01-19-2011, 05:22 PM

Nope, I saw it with my own eyes. You want to doubt me, go right ahead. That is your right and all. As I said before...I found it unreasonable to take that little thing and make a huge deal about it. I said it just adds to all these other things that have come out since he got hurt and Tebow took over. It by itself isn't much, but it with the other things start to tell a story.

Again, if you don't believe it...who cares. It doesn't make or break my day if you don't believe it.

rcsodak
01-19-2011, 05:26 PM

1. I doubt you're my elder.
2. This post was a quid pro quo to GEM.
3. Go do your insulting elsewhere or I'll sick Top on you.

topscribe
01-19-2011, 05:36 PM
1. I doubt you're my elder.
2. This post was a quid pro quo to GEM.
3. Go do your insulting elsewhere or I'll sick Top on you.

:icon_eek: . . . :scared: . . . :bolt: . . . :couch:

-----

Cugel
01-19-2011, 05:47 PM
The accolades were coming from people who agree with you that Orton is a really good quarterback. Most of people you're criticizing complimented him on how he was doing but never bought into him as being that good and were always clear about that.

I think it's entirely possible that if anyone had said that would more than likely not keep up that pace (which he obviously didn't) would have been excoriated as being haters and their allegiance would have been questioned.

Hit the nail totally on the head here. I used to be criticized from "Orton's Army" because I insisted he was mediocre when he came here. They howled with derision and kept pointing with glee to statistics showing he was doing better than Cutler. "Orton is a better QB than Cutler! Bye-bye Cry-baby Cutler! Ha. Ha!" :coffee:

If Cutler goes to the SB those same idiots will be insisting that he had nothing to do with it, and that it was entirely the Bears defense. They just can't admit they were WRONG about Cutler, just as they were WRONG about Orton. :coffee:

Orton handled himself very well I thought. He played about as well as you could expect given the horrible talent level around him. Then when his limitations as a QB became widely apparent, it seems all those fools who were wildly enthusiastic swung 180 degrees the OTHER way and are now ripping him mercilessly!

Both the adulation in 2009 and the intense anger now are misplaced. Orton is exactly what he's always been: a pretty good pocket passing QB with limited athletic skills. He can't make plays with his feet. He's not a natural leader. He isn't going to carry a team or make it better by himself.

But, if you have a pretty good veteran team with a good defense, good OL, some RBs and WRs to rely on, Orton can be very successful, just as he was when the team was winning back in 2009 -- before the wheels fell off.

He can hit the short and intermediate passes with great accuracy. He gets rid of the ball quickly, doesn't take too many sacks and doesn't throw the ball into coverages too much. He'll throw it away rather than take too many chances. He's surprisingly elusive for a slow QB and he can gain a bit of time by moving around in the pocket if he gets some pass blocking.

In short, he's the 2nd coming of Brian Griese -- as I insisted from day 1. :coffee:

I grew to rather like Orton. I don't blame him for not being more talented that he is. He gives it a total effort and he's been a professional despite all the drama and carnage around him.

I see no reason why he should welcome Tebow with open arms. In his mind he didn't deserve demotion and he did prove himself as a starter by his play. He DOES deserve a chance on another team.

I don't think he's a franchise QB and never have, but he deserves to go to a team where he can compete and prove himself (or not).

I hope he gets that chance. Sadly, because every team in the league knows that the Broncos cannot keep Orton (he doesn't want to stay and they would have to pay him $8.4 million to keep him this year) the team has ZERO leverage in trying to trade him. Every team that might want him can simply sit back and wait for the Broncos to cut him and then sign him as a FA without paying the Broncos anything for him.

Hence he might fetch a later round (5th, 6th, 7th round) pick, but NOT a 2nd or 3rd (most likely).

Lonestar
01-19-2011, 07:26 PM
Sorry cugel can't quote you on this iPhone Can't read what you had in yellow.
But I did see you think it was jay and his offensive prowess that got them where they are.

Did you miss the fact that the bears are 30th on offensive yardage?

Guess it was not defense or special teams at all after all.

Aahahahahahahaha.

TXBRONC
01-19-2011, 07:34 PM
You're a fan sitting on the sidelines who can't do anything about it. Players on the other hand could get the foot up their teammates ass and do something about it. Anything but quit. That ******* word isn't in my vocabulary.

You have a fine color about you when you're angry.

I Eat Staples
01-19-2011, 07:42 PM
Just meaningless, water-cooler banter. Kind of nice sometimes, actually . . .

-----

This thread needs more Foochacho.

I Eat Staples
01-19-2011, 07:43 PM

I agree, only I sadly didn't have the luxury of sitting on the sidelines. :tsk:

claymore
01-19-2011, 07:46 PM
joe, you seem to say that a lot lately. . . :laugh:
He looks like Charlie Brown too. Hmmm :confused:

Juriga72
01-19-2011, 07:59 PM
But I did see you think it was jay and his offensive prowess that got them where they are.

Did you miss the fact that the bears are 30th on offensive yardage?

Guess it was not defense or special teams at all after all.

Aahahahahahahaha.

WHY is it that Orton lovers ALWAYS pick out the most useless stats ever...yardage. Only in Denver is yardage better than wins.

Cutler had 4-4th quarter comeback wins this year. I guess you missed the part where Jay was sacked 56 times (16 more than our "woeful" line gave up).
How about the fact that with the 32nd ranked O-line, Cutler in his first year of yet another (3rd in 3 seasons) offense ranked 7th in first downs made (Orton 18th)

Did you by chance see that Chicago's rushing O gained the very same "Pathetic 3.9 YPC" as we did..... hmmmmmm

Oh and of course he did do ONE thing Kyle has never done...."Won a playoff game". Of course Kyle does hold that clipboard WAY better than Jay does.

I Eat Staples
01-19-2011, 08:03 PM
WHY is it that Orton lovers ALWAYS pick out the most useless stats ever...yardage. Only in Denver is yardage better than wins.

Cutler had 4-4th quarter comeback wins this year. I guess you missed the part where Jay was sacked 56 times (16 more than our "woeful" line gave up).
How about the fact that with the 32nd ranked O-line, Cutler in his first year of yet another (3rd in 3 seasons) offense ranked 7th in first downs made (Orton 18th)

Did you by chance see that Chicago's rushing O gained the very same "Pathetic 3.9 YPC" as we did..... hmmmmmm

Oh and of course he did do ONE thing Kyle has never done...."Won a playoff game". Of course Kyle does hold that clipboard WAY better than Jay does.

Please find a post where anyone ever said yards were more important than wins or your argument is invalid.

That's pretty tiresome from the Orton haters. None of us have ever said yards were anywhere near as important as wins for this team. That doesn't mean you can discount yardage. It's an individual accomplishment.

Lonestar
01-19-2011, 08:06 PM

Wow is he your BBF

Love him all you want. Imo He will show his true colors soon enuff. And if hebdoes not and actually is the super man you think he is Great fir you.
He will always be a gutless punk to me.

Jay George partduex

chazoe60
01-19-2011, 08:08 PM
Wow is he your BBF

Love him all you want. Imo He will show his true colors soon enuff. And if hebdoes not and actually is the super man you think he is Great fir you.

Jay George partduex

Who is "Jay George", and what about Cutler reminds you so much of this mystery man?

PAINTERDAVE
01-19-2011, 08:41 PM
Who is "Jay George", and what about Cutler reminds you so much of this mystery man?

Boy George's brother.

TXBRONC
01-19-2011, 08:44 PM
Boy George's brother.

Yes and they are both pillars of the church of the poisoned mind.

Juriga72
01-19-2011, 09:11 PM
Please find a post where anyone ever said yards were more important than wins or your argument is invalid.

That's pretty tiresome from the Orton haters. None of us have ever said yards were anywhere near as important as wins for this team. That doesn't mean you can discount yardage. It's an individual accomplishment.

Easy.... GO read the post to which I replied to....

FROM Lonestar-

Did you miss the fact that the bears are 30th on offensive yardage?Guess it was not defense or special teams at all after all.

Aahahahahahahaha.

See...... ye ask and ye shall recieve...

Juriga72
01-19-2011, 09:22 PM
Of course the saddest thing is Orton lovers who keep pointing out:

"Wins are all that matters"- When its Jay leading us to "only 8 wins", yet when kyle leads us to 3.... then you "Can't use wins by a quarterback it has no value"

"Stats are useless to judge Quarterbacks by...... Wins count" NOW.... its "Stats are the ONLY thing to tell how good a quarterback is"

I know this.... With the 32nd ranked defense Jay led us to 8 wins. With the 32nd ranked defense Kyle led us to 3 wins.

With the 7th ranked defense Kyle led us to 8 wins. With the 21st ranked defense jay led them to 7 wins

With a porous o-line and the very same crappy running attack Jay won more games this year with 4th quarter comebacks than Kyle won in his HOF year.

See a trend?

Lonestar
01-19-2011, 10:57 PM

I suspect you know but I'll spell it out.

jeff george jay george play on words get it now.

Jeff george was know to be an extremely talented QB that had all teh same things jay has strong arm, decent mobility, some one that overlooked the open guy for the gusto throw. One into tight spots because his arm was stronger than Elways..

jeff killed 5 or 6 head coaches with his immaturity of doing it "his way".

coach after coach saw the spectacular talent thought they could tame him and ultimately caused the coach getting fired, when he (jg) cost them games.

That is what I see in jay. unless he grows up really fast, and man I just do not see that happening.

If he should win it all I can see another hold out from him wanting more money..

BeefStew25
01-19-2011, 11:01 PM

Jeff george was know to be an extremely talented QB that had all teh same things jay has strong arm, decent mobility, some one that overlooked the open guy for the gusto throw. One into tight spots because his arm was stronger than Elways..

coach after coach saw the spectacular talent thought they could tame him and ultimately caused the coach getting fired, when he (jg) cost them games.

That is what I see in jay. unless he grows up really fast, and man I just do not see that happening.

If he should win it all I can see another hold out from him wanting more money..

Ok throw a hissy and go away for awhile.

Lonestar
01-19-2011, 11:11 PM
passing yards

Passing Rk Team G Pts/G TotPts Comp Att Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Int 1st 1st% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck Rate
1 Indianapolis Colts 16 27.2 435 450 679 66.3 42.4 4,609 6.9 288.1 33 17 253 37.3 73T 43 9 16 91.9
2 San Diego Chargers 16 27.6 441 359 544 66.0 34.0 4,519 8.7 282.4 30 13 236 43.4 59T 66 14 38 101.9
3 New Orleans Saints 16 24 384 450 661 68.1 41.3 4,441 7.0 277.6 33 22 236 35.7 80T 47 10 26 90.8
4 Houston Texans 16 24.4 390 365 574 63.6 35.9 4,144 7.6 259.0 24 12 222 38.7 60 59 9 32 92.0
5 Green Bay Packers 16 24.2 388 352 541 65.1 33.8 4,124 8.0 257.8 31 13 204 37.7 86T 57 11 38 98.9
6 Dallas Cowboys 16 24.6 394 379 576 65.8 36.0 4,042 7.3 252.6 29 19 201 34.9 71T 57 8 31 90.4
7 Denver Broncos 16 21.5 344 334 580 57.6 36.2 4,038 7.4 252.4 25 12 204 35.2 71 62 13 40 86.8
8 Washington Redskins 16 18.9 302 349 605 57.7 37.8 3,913 7.0 244.6 21 19 194 32.1 76 51 13 46 78.0
9 Philadelphia Eagles 16 27.4 439 348 561 62.0 35.1 3,906 7.5 244.1 28 13 189 33.7 91T 61 15 49 92.1
10 New York Giants 16 24.6 394 339 539 62.9 33.7 3,885 7.4 242.8 31 25 192 35.6 92T 57 7 16 85.3
11 New England Patriots 16 32.4 518 331 507 65.3 31.7 3,847 7.9 240.4 37 5 196 38.7 79T 54 10 25 109.8
12 Detroit Lions 16 22.6 362 383 633 60.5 39.6 3,810 6.3 238.1 26 16 199 31.4 87T 43 6 27 82.0
13 Cincinnati Bengals 16 20.1 322 365 590 61.9 36.9 3,767 6.8 235.4 26 20 206 34.9 78T 45 9 28 82.4
14 Pittsburgh Steelers 16 23.4 375 298 479 62.2 29.9 3,601 8.1 225.1 22 9 175 36.5 56T 62 11 43 95.2
15 Atlanta Falcons 16 25.9 414 361 577 62.6 36.1 3,567 6.5 222.9 28 9 200 34.7 46 32 6 23 90.8
16 Miami Dolphins 16 17.1 273 335 557 60.1 34.8 3,527 6.7 220.4 17 21 189 33.9 57T 44 4 38 74.8
17 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 16 21.3 341 306 494 61.9 30.9 3,361 7.2 210.1 26 6 172 34.8 64 49 10 30 96.2
18 San Francisco 49ers 16 19.1 305 282 500 56.4 31.2 3,356 7.2 209.8 19 15 149 29.8 66T 53 10 44 79.4
19 Seattle Seahawks 16 19.4 310 324 544 59.6 34.0 3,341 6.5 208.8 14 20 159 29.2 87T 39 11 35 72.1
20 Baltimore Ravens 16 22.3 357 308 491 62.7 30.7 3,335 7.4 208.4 25 10 175 35.6 67 40 7 40 93.6
21 St. Louis Rams 16 18.1 289 354 590 60.0 36.9 3,268 6.0 204.2 18 15 179 30.3 49 36 4 34 76.5
22 New York Jets 16 22.9 367 288 525 54.9 32.8 3,242 6.5 202.6 20 14 171 32.6 74T 44 11 28 76.5
23 Oakland Raiders 16 25.6 410 279 491 56.8 30.7 3,180 7.1 198.8 18 16 159 32.4 73T 45 12 44 77.5
24 Buffalo Bills 16 17.7 283 296 519 57.0 32.4 3,158 6.5 197.4 24 21 166 32.0 65T 42 8 34 75.2
25 Tennessee Titans 16 22.2 356 273 474 57.6 29.6 3,107 6.9 194.2 24 15 155 32.7 80T 44 8 27 82.6
26 Minnesota Vikings 16 17.6 281 305 505 60.4 31.6 3,097 6.6 193.6 14 26 159 31.5 53T 47 3 36 67.7
27 Jacksonville Jaguars 16 22.1 353 291 469 62.0 29.3 3,065 7.2 191.6 26 21 161 34.3 75 47 6 38 83.4
28 Chicago Bears 16 20.9 334 276 466 59.2 29.1 3,015 7.3 188.4 23 21 163 35.0 89T 42 6 56 79.5
29 Cleveland Browns 16 16.9 271 296 478 61.9 29.9 2,989 6.7 186.8 13 18 154 32.2 65T 42 6 36 75.0
30 Kansas City Chiefs 16 22.9 366 274 475 57.7 29.7 2,968 6.7 185.5 27 8 167 35.2 75T 40 4 32 90.1
31 Arizona Cardinals 16 18.1 289 285 561 50.8 35.1 2,921 5.8 182.6 10 19 154 27.5 74T 44 3 50 60.5
32 Carolina Panthers 16 12.2 196 256 484 52.9 30.2 2,289 5.4 143.1 9 21 125 25.8 88T 30 3 50 57.0

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&offensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&conference=ALL&role=TM&season=2010&seasonType=REG

points scored offensively (by jay)

Rk Team G Pts/G TotPts Pts Pts/G Rsh Rec PRet KRet INT FUM Blk FG Blk Pnt XPM FGM SFTY 2-PT
1 New England Patriots 16 32.4 518 518 32.4 19 37 1 2 4 1 1 0 62 22 0 0
2 San Diego Chargers 16 27.6 441 441 27.6 18 30 0 0 3 0 0 0 48 27 1 2
3 Philadelphia Eagles 16 27.4 439 439 27.4 18 28 1 0 1 1 0 0 47 32 0 1
4 Indianapolis Colts 16 27.2 435 435 27.2 13 33 0 1 2 1 0 1 51 26 0 0
5 Atlanta Falcons 16 25.9 414 414 25.9 14 28 1 1 2 1 0 0 44 28 0 2
6 Oakland Raiders 16 25.6 410 410 25.6 19 18 0 3 2 1 0 1 43 33 2 0
7 Dallas Cowboys 16 24.6 394 394 24.6 10 29 3 0 3 1 0 0 42 24 0 2
7 New York Giants 16 24.6 394 394 24.6 17 31 0 0 0 0 0 0 47 19 0 1
9 Houston Texans 16 24.4 390 390 24.4 20 24 0 0 0 0 0 0 43 27 0 1
10 Green Bay Packers 16 24.2 388 388 24.2 11 31 0 0 3 1 0 0 46 22 0 0
11 New Orleans Saints 16 24 384 384 24.0 9 33 0 0 2 0 0 0 43 25 1 0
12 Pittsburgh Steelers 16 23.4 375 375 23.4 15 22 0 1 3 0 0 0 38 29 0 2
13 New York Jets 16 22.9 367 367 22.9 14 20 0 2 3 0 0 0 37 30 2 1
14 Kansas City Chiefs 16 22.9 366 366 22.9 13 27 1 0 3 0 0 0 42 20 0 0
15 Detroit Lions 16 22.6 362 362 22.6 11 26 0 1 2 1 0 0 35 25 1 2
16 Baltimore Ravens 16 22.3 357 357 22.3 11 25 0 1 3 0 0 0 39 26 0 0
17 Tennessee Titans 16 22.2 356 356 22.2 13 24 1 1 1 0 0 0 38 24 2 1
18 Jacksonville Jaguars 16 22.1 353 353 22.1 14 26 1 0 0 0 0 0 41 22 0 0
19 Denver Broncos 16 21.5 344 344 21.5 13 25 0 1 0 1 0 0 38 22 0 0
20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 16 21.3 341 341 21.3 9 26 0 1 3 0 0 0 36 23 0 1
21 Chicago Bears 16 20.9 334 334 20.9 10 23 3 0 1 0 0 0 35 25 0 1
22 Cincinnati Bengals 16 20.1 322 322 20.1 8 26 0 0 1 1 0 0 30 24 0 2
23 Seattle Seahawks 16 19.4 310 310 19.4 13 14 0 3 2 0 0 1 31 25 1 2
24 San Francisco 49ers 16 19.1 305 305 19.1 10 19 1 0 3 0 0 1 33 22 0 1
25 Washington Redskins 16 18.9 302 302 18.9 9 21 0 1 1 1 0 0 28 24 0 2
26 Arizona Cardinals 16 18.1 289 289 18.1 9 10 0 2 3 7 0 0 29 24 0 1
26 St. Louis Rams 16 18.1 289 289 18.1 9 18 0 0 0 0 0 0 26 33 1 0
28 Buffalo Bills 16 17.7 283 283 17.7 6 24 0 1 2 1 0 0 31 16 0 0
29 Minnesota Vikings 16 17.6 281 281 17.6 16 14 0 1 1 1 0 0 30 17 0 1
30 Miami Dolphins 16 17.1 273 273 17.1 8 17 0 0 0 1 0 0 25 30 1 0
31 Cleveland Browns 16 16.9 271 271 16.9 13 13 0 0 2 1 0 0 28 23 0 0
32 Carolina Panthers 16 12.2 196 196 12.2 7 9 0 0 1 0 0 0 17 25 1 0

defense scored against

Scoring Touchdowns Kicking Other
Rk Team G Pts/G TotPts Pts Pts/G Rsh Rec PRet KRet INT FUM Blk FG Blk Pnt XPM FGM SFTY 2-PT
1 Pittsburgh Steelers 16 14.5 232 232 14.5 5 15 0 1 1 0 0 0 18 26 1 1
2 Green Bay Packers 16 15 240 240 15.0 6 16 1 0 1 0 0 0 24 24 0 0
3 Baltimore Ravens 16 16.9 270 270 16.9 5 22 0 0 0 0 0 0 25 27 0 1
4 Chicago Bears 16 17.9 286 286 17.9 14 14 1 0 2 1 0 0 29 21 1 0

then there is TOP

this is the defensive side.

Rk Team G Pts/G TotPts Scrm Plys Yds/G Yds/P 1st/G 3rd Md 3rd Att 3rd Pct 4th Md 4th Att 4th Pct Pen Pen Yds ToP/G FUM Lost
1 San Diego Chargers 16 20.1 322 939 271.6 4.6 15.4 70 208 34 12 28 43 97 769 26:57 13 7
2 Pittsburgh Steelers 16 14.5 232 974 276.8 4.5 17.0 70 209 34 10 16 62 86 716 28:34 28 14
3 New York Jets 16 19 304 979 291.5 4.8 17.0 81 219 37 4 6 67 74 679 28:26 25 18
4 New Orleans Saints 16 19.2 307 948 306.2 5.2 17.1 70 203 34 15 23 65 88 701 28:44 34 16
5 Green Bay Packers 16 15 240 969 309.1 5.1 16.9 77 213 36 6 20 30 98 758 28:47 22 8
6 Miami Dolphins 16 20.8 333 988 309.3 5.0 16.5 84 226 37 8 22 36 85 730 29:29 22 8
7 New York Giants 16 21.7 347 974 310.8 5.1 16.4 66 208 32 9 17 53 107 899 27:28 42 23
8 Minnesota Vikings 16 21.8 348 977 312.6 5.1 17.2 87 213 41 5 10 50 98 786 29:55 17 11
9 Chicago Bears 16 17.9 286 1,002 314.3 5.0 17.6 75 216 35 6 13 46 93 790 30:29 37 14

TOP for the offense

Game Stats Rk Team G Pts/G TotPts Scrm Plys Yds/G Yds/P 1st/G 3rd Md 3rd Att 3rd Pct 4th Md 4th Att 4th Pct Pen Pen Yds ToP/G FUM Lost TO
1 San Diego Chargers 16 27.6 441 1,039 395.6 6.1 22.3 92 205 45 5 13 38 84 677 33:03 25 16 -6
2 Philadelphia Eagles 16 27.4 439 1,038 389.4 6.0 20.1 85 214 40 9 13 69 129 1,101 31:15 33 12 +9
3 Houston Texans 16 24.4 390 1,029 386.6 6.0 22.5 79 192 41 9 19 47 90 690 29:26 15 6 0
4 Indianapolis Colts 16 27.2 435 1,088 380.8 5.6 22.9 91 204 45 5 8 62 79 709 29:55 14 8 -4
5 New York Giants 16 24.6 394 1,035 380.3 5.9 20.7 74 206 36 3 11 27 92 777 32:32 26 17 -3
6 New Orleans Saints 16 24 384 1,067 372.5 5.6 21.9 106 217 49 5 11 46 90 884 32:05 23 9 -6
7 Dallas Cowboys 16 24.6 394 1,035 364.2 5.6 20.4 86 211 41 13 22 59 109 863 31:25 28 11 0
8 New England Patriots 16 32.4 518 986 363.8 5.9 20.9 95 197 48 7 14 50 83 766 29:24 9 5 +28
9 Green Bay Packers 16 24.2 388 1,000 358.1 5.7 19.5 85 205 42 5 13 38 78 617 32:01 20 9 +10
10 Oakland Raiders 16 25.6 410 1,039 354.6 5.5 19.1 75 220 34 8 20 40 148 1,276 31:12 32 10 -2
11 New York Jets 16 22.9 367 1,087 351.0 5.2 19.2 93 235 40 5 14 36 103 934 32:37 23 7 +9
12 Kansas City Chiefs 16 22.9 366 1,063 349.7 5.3 19.9 83 226 37 10 23 44 90 771 31:39 15 6 +9
13 Denver Broncos 16 21.5 344 1,018 348.9 5.5 19.3 67 207 32 6 19 32 98 944 28:09 29 15 -9
14 Pittsburgh Steelers 16 23.4 375 993 345.3 5.6 18.4 94 218 43 2 5 40 100 903 32:24 22 9 +17
15 Jacksonville Jaguars 16 22.1 353 1,019 341.2 5.4 20.6 81 203 40 16 25 64 83 675 31:48 23 12 -15
16 Atlanta Falcons 16 25.9 414 1,097 341.1 5.0 22.1 112 240 47 11 15 73 58 598 32:47 12 8 +14
17 Detroit Lions 16 22.6 362 1,064 338.9 5.1 19.0 97 242 40 10 16 62 136 1,018 29:48 20 9 +4
18 Washington Redskins 16 18.9 302 1,002 335.9 5.4 18.4 61 208 29 6 12 50 90 647 28:50 29 12 -4
19 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 16 21.3 341 955 335.1 5.6 18.0 89 211 42 10 14 71 100 837 30:49 25 13 +9
20 Cincinnati Bengals 16 20.1 322 1,046 330.6 5.1 19.8 87 224 39 13 19 68 90 725 31:14 21 14 -8
21 Miami Dolphins 16 17.1 273 1,040 323.1 5.0 18.8 92 230 40 3 10 30 72 595 30:54 24 10 -12
22 Baltimore Ravens 16 22.3 357 1,018 322.9 5.1 18.9 82 210 39 4 10 40 90 673 31:20 22 10 +7
23 Minnesota Vikings 16 17.6 281 982 314.9 5.1 18.1 71 205 35 8 17 47 100 769 30:25 20 11 -11
24 San Francisco 49ers 16 19.1 305 945 313.3 5.3 15.7 68 213 32 8 16 50 112 933 28:47 22 8 -1
25 Buffalo Bills 16 17.7 283 954 304.9 5.1 16.4 80 211 38 11 24 46 82 633 28:36 33 18 -17
26 St. Louis Rams 16 18.1 289 1,053 302.9 4.6 18.2 78 235 33 8 15 53 102 877 31:01 14 6 +5
27 Tennessee Titans 16 22.2 356 907 302.1 5.3 15.8 71 204 35 8 14 57 128 1,040 26:02 22 14 -4
28 Seattle Seahawks 16 19.4 310 964 297.8 4.9 16.2 76 214 36 6 17 35 101 890 27:33 18 11 -9
29 Cleveland Browns 16 16.9 271 927 289.7 5.0 16.6 75 202 37 5 7 71 78 675 28:21 29 11 -1
30 Chicago Bears 16 20.9 334 936 289.4 4.9 16.4 64 195 33 2 7 29 91 768 29:31 19 10 +4
31 Arizona Cardinals 16 18.1 289 931 269.3 4.6 15.1 58 209 28 7 18 39 108 870 26:23 33 16 -5
32 Carolina Panthers 16 12.2 196 962 258.4 4.3 14.1 69 227 30 10 23 44 106 918 27:24 31 16 -8

once again you can love the guy all you want I do not think with out their defense and special teams he would be anywhere.. the above stats scream that the defense way the reason that they won any games.

chazoe60
01-19-2011, 11:13 PM

Yes but you called Jay Cutler "Jay George part deux" which means that there was a Jay George part one. Do you now get the sarcasm smart guy?

BeefStew25
01-19-2011, 11:14 PM
Avis sucks.

topscribe
01-19-2011, 11:14 PM
Yes but you called Jay Cutler "Jay George part deux" which means that there was a Jay George part one. Do you now get the sarcasm smart guy?

Sometimes you seem to go all out to make a silly point . . .

-----

BeefStew25
01-19-2011, 11:16 PM

-----

That is how we deal with senile people.

Lonestar
last but not least

I know that many cry this is not a fair way to rate qb's but since the NFL uses it.

seems only fair to post it.

Rk Team G Pts/G TotPts Comp Att Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Int 1st 1st% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck Rate
1 New England Patriots 16 32.4 518 331 507 65.3 31.7 3,847 7.9 240.4 37 5 196 38.7 79T 54 10 25 109.8
2 San Diego Chargers 16 27.6 441 359 544 66.0 34.0 4,519 8.7 282.4 30 13 236 43.4 59T 66 14 38 101.9
3 Green Bay Packers 16 24.2 388 352 541 65.1 33.8 4,124 8.0 257.8 31 13 204 37.7 86T 57 11 38 98.9
4 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 16 21.3 341 306 494 61.9 30.9 3,361 7.2 210.1 26 6 172 34.8 64 49 10 30 96.2
5 Pittsburgh Steelers 16 23.4 375 298 479 62.2 29.9 3,601 8.1 225.1 22 9 175 36.5 56T 62 11 43 95.2
6 Baltimore Ravens 16 22.3 357 308 491 62.7 30.7 3,335 7.4 208.4 25 10 175 35.6 67 40 7 40 93.6
7 Philadelphia Eagles 16 27.4 439 348 561 62.0 35.1 3,906 7.5 244.1 28 13 189 33.7 91T 61 15 49 92.1
8 Houston Texans 16 24.4 390 365 574 63.6 35.9 4,144 7.6 259.0 24 12 222 38.7 60 59 9 32 92.0
9 Indianapolis Colts 16 27.2 435 450 679 66.3 42.4 4,609 6.9 288.1 33 17 253 37.3 73T 43 9 16 91.9
10 Atlanta Falcons 16 25.9 414 361 577 62.6 36.1 3,567 6.5 222.9 28 9 200 34.7 46 32 6 23 90.8
10 New Orleans Saints 16 24 384 450 661 68.1 41.3 4,441 7.0 277.6 33 22 236 35.7 80T 47 10 26 90.8
12 Dallas Cowboys 16 24.6 394 379 576 65.8 36.0 4,042 7.3 252.6 29 19 201 34.9 71T 57 8 31 90.4
13 Kansas City Chiefs 16 22.9 366 274 475 57.7 29.7 2,968 6.7 185.5 27 8 167 35.2 75T 40 4 32 90.1
14 Denver Broncos 16 21.5 344 334 580 57.6 36.2 4,038 7.4 252.4 25 12 204 35.2 71 62 13 40 86.8
15 New York Giants 16 24.6 394 339 539 62.9 33.7 3,885 7.4 242.8 31 25 192 35.6 92T 57 7 16 85.3
16 Jacksonville Jaguars 16 22.1 353 291 469 62.0 29.3 3,065 7.2 191.6 26 21 161 34.3 75 47 6 38 83.4
17 Tennessee Titans 16 22.2 356 273 474 57.6 29.6 3,107 6.9 194.2 24 15 155 32.7 80T 44 8 27 82.6
18 Cincinnati Bengals 16 20.1 322 365 590 61.9 36.9 3,767 6.8 235.4 26 20 206 34.9 78T 45 9 28 82.4
19 Detroit Lions 16 22.6 362 383 633 60.5 39.6 3,810 6.3 238.1 26 16 199 31.4 87T 43 6 27 82.0
20 Chicago Bears 16 20.9 334 276 466 59.2 29.1 3,015 7.3 188.4 23 21 163 35.0 89T 42 6 56 79.5
21 San Francisco 49ers 16 19.1 305 282 500 56.4 31.2 3,356 7.2 209.8 19 15 149 29.8 66T 53 10 44 79.4
22 Washington Redskins 16 18.9 302 349 605 57.7 37.8 3,913 7.0 244.6 21 19 194 32.1 76 51 13 46 78.0
23 Oakland Raiders 16 25.6 410 279 491 56.8 30.7 3,180 7.1 198.8 18 16 159 32.4 73T 45 12 44 77.5
24 New York Jets 16 22.9 367 288 525 54.9 32.8 3,242 6.5 202.6 20 14 171 32.6 74T 44 11 28 76.5
24 St. Louis Rams 16 18.1 289 354 590 60.0 36.9 3,268 6.0 204.2 18 15 179 30.3 49 36 4 34 76.5
26 Buffalo Bills 16 17.7 283 296 519 57.0 32.4 3,158 6.5 197.4 24 21 166 32.0 65T 42 8 34 75.2
27 Cleveland Browns 16 16.9 271 296 478 61.9 29.9 2,989 6.7 186.8 13 18 154 32.2 65T 42 6 36 75.0
28 Miami Dolphins 16 17.1 273 335 557 60.1 34.8 3,527 6.7 220.4 17 21 189 33.9 57T 44 4 38 74.8
29 Seattle Seahawks 16 19.4 310 324 544 59.6 34.0 3,341 6.5 208.8 14 20 159 29.2 87T 39 11 35 72.1
30 Minnesota Vikings 16 17.6 281 305 505 60.4 31.6 3,097 6.6 193.6 14 26 159 31.5 53T 47 3 36 67.7
31 Arizona Cardinals 16 18.1 289 285 561 50.8 35.1 2,921 5.8 182.6 10 19 154 27.5 74T 44 3 50 60.5
32 Carolina Panthers 16 12.2 196 256 484 52.9 30.2 2,289 5.4 143.1 9 21 125 25.8 88T 30 3 50 57.0

I'd be REALLY proud of being ahead of CAR, PHX, MIA, MIN, CLE, BUF, STL, NYJ, OAK, WAS..

chazoe60

-----

I'm a real go getter

topscribe
01-19-2011, 11:24 PM
That is how we deal with senile people.

Beef, that guy in your avatar looks like he has a boner coming out the back . . .

-----

nevcraw
01-20-2011, 12:08 AM
Beef, that guy in your avatar looks like he has a boner coming out the back . . .

-----

I'd hate to see the results of your Rorschach test. :lol:

BroncoBJ
01-20-2011, 05:27 AM

matter who said it . . .

------

I have the whole transcript.

McDaniels went over to Orton and said " Alright, Kyle settle down, I have a feeling were still going to come back and win this game, do you believe"

And Kyle simply said " No coach, we're done, cant wait to go to London"

:fight:

atwater27
01-20-2011, 05:34 AM

Interesting.... Jay hasn't killed a coach yet. As a matter of fact, he currently has one coach looking like a genius and if he stayed in Denver, he would have saved some other coaches job.

Bad analogy. Next.

TXBRONC
01-20-2011, 07:54 AM
Interesting.... Jay hasn't killed a coach yet. As a matter of fact, he currently has one coach looking like a genius and if he stayed in Denver, he would have saved some other coaches job.

Bad analogy. Next.

Yep Lovie is looking pretty smart these days.

GEM
01-20-2011, 08:07 AM
Wow is he your BBF

Jay George partduex

Wow is he your mortal enemy?

I mean so much hate....comes off as complete sour grapes.

GEM
01-20-2011, 08:09 AM
passing yards

Passing Rk Team G Pts/G TotPts Comp Att Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Int 1st 1st% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck Rate
1 Indianapolis Colts 16 27.2 435 450 679 66.3 42.4 4,609 6.9 288.1 33 17 253 37.3 73T 43 9 16 91.9
3 New Orleans Saints 16 24 384 450 661 68.1 41.3 4,441 7.0 277.6 33 22 236 35.7 80T 47 10 26 90.8
4 Houston Texans 16 24.4 390 365 574 63.6 35.9 4,144 7.6 259.0 24 12 222 38.7 60 59 9 32 92.0
5 Green Bay Packers 16 24.2 388 352 541 65.1 33.8 4,124 8.0 257.8 31 13 204 37.7 86T 57 11 38 98.9
6 Dallas Cowboys 16 24.6 394 379 576 65.8 36.0 4,042 7.3 252.6 29 19 201 34.9 71T 57 8 31 90.4
7 Denver Broncos 16 21.5 344 334 580 57.6 36.2 4,038 7.4 252.4 25 12 204 35.2 71 62 13 40 86.8
8 Washington Redskins 16 18.9 302 349 605 57.7 37.8 3,913 7.0 244.6 21 19 194 32.1 76 51 13 46 78.0
9 Philadelphia Eagles 16 27.4 439 348 561 62.0 35.1 3,906 7.5 244.1 28 13 189 33.7 91T 61 15 49 92.1
10 New York Giants 16 24.6 394 339 539 62.9 33.7 3,885 7.4 242.8 31 25 192 35.6 92T 57 7 16 85.3
11 New England Patriots 16 32.4 518 331 507 65.3 31.7 3,847 7.9 240.4 37 5 196 38.7 79T 54 10 25 109.8
12 Detroit Lions 16 22.6 362 383 633 60.5 39.6 3,810 6.3 238.1 26 16 199 31.4 87T 43 6 27 82.0
13 Cincinnati Bengals 16 20.1 322 365 590 61.9 36.9 3,767 6.8 235.4 26 20 206 34.9 78T 45 9 28 82.4
14 Pittsburgh Steelers 16 23.4 375 298 479 62.2 29.9 3,601 8.1 225.1 22 9 175 36.5 56T 62 11 43 95.2
15 Atlanta Falcons 16 25.9 414 361 577 62.6 36.1 3,567 6.5 222.9 28 9 200 34.7 46 32 6 23 90.8
16 Miami Dolphins 16 17.1 273 335 557 60.1 34.8 3,527 6.7 220.4 17 21 189 33.9 57T 44 4 38 74.8
17 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 16 21.3 341 306 494 61.9 30.9 3,361 7.2 210.1 26 6 172 34.8 64 49 10 30 96.2
18 San Francisco 49ers 16 19.1 305 282 500 56.4 31.2 3,356 7.2 209.8 19 15 149 29.8 66T 53 10 44 79.4
19 Seattle Seahawks 16 19.4 310 324 544 59.6 34.0 3,341 6.5 208.8 14 20 159 29.2 87T 39 11 35 72.1
20 Baltimore Ravens 16 22.3 357 308 491 62.7 30.7 3,335 7.4 208.4 25 10 175 35.6 67 40 7 40 93.6
21 St. Louis Rams 16 18.1 289 354 590 60.0 36.9 3,268 6.0 204.2 18 15 179 30.3 49 36 4 34 76.5
22 New York Jets 16 22.9 367 288 525 54.9 32.8 3,242 6.5 202.6 20 14 171 32.6 74T 44 11 28 76.5
24 Buffalo Bills 16 17.7 283 296 519 57.0 32.4 3,158 6.5 197.4 24 21 166 32.0 65T 42 8 34 75.2
25 Tennessee Titans 16 22.2 356 273 474 57.6 29.6 3,107 6.9 194.2 24 15 155 32.7 80T 44 8 27 82.6
26 Minnesota Vikings 16 17.6 281 305 505 60.4 31.6 3,097 6.6 193.6 14 26 159 31.5 53T 47 3 36 67.7
27 Jacksonville Jaguars 16 22.1 353 291 469 62.0 29.3 3,065 7.2 191.6 26 21 161 34.3 75 47 6 38 83.4
28 Chicago Bears 16 20.9 334 276 466 59.2 29.1 3,015 7.3 188.4 23 21 163 35.0 89T 42 6 56 79.5
29 Cleveland Browns 16 16.9 271 296 478 61.9 29.9 2,989 6.7 186.8 13 18 154 32.2 65T 42 6 36 75.0
30 Kansas City Chiefs 16 22.9 366 274 475 57.7 29.7 2,968 6.7 185.5 27 8 167 35.2 75T 40 4 32 90.1

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&offensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&conference=ALL&role=TM&season=2010&seasonType=REG

points scored offensively (by jay)

1 New England Patriots 16 32.4 518 518 32.4 19 37 1 2 4 1 1 0 62 22 0 0
2 San Diego Chargers 16 27.6 441 441 27.6 18 30 0 0 3 0 0 0 48 27 1 2
3 Philadelphia Eagles 16 27.4 439 439 27.4 18 28 1 0 1 1 0 0 47 32 0 1
4 Indianapolis Colts 16 27.2 435 435 27.2 13 33 0 1 2 1 0 1 51 26 0 0
5 Atlanta Falcons 16 25.9 414 414 25.9 14 28 1 1 2 1 0 0 44 28 0 2
6 Oakland Raiders 16 25.6 410 410 25.6 19 18 0 3 2 1 0 1 43 33 2 0
7 Dallas Cowboys 16 24.6 394 394 24.6 10 29 3 0 3 1 0 0 42 24 0 2
7 New York Giants 16 24.6 394 394 24.6 17 31 0 0 0 0 0 0 47 19 0 1
9 Houston Texans 16 24.4 390 390 24.4 20 24 0 0 0 0 0 0 43 27 0 1
10 Green Bay Packers 16 24.2 388 388 24.2 11 31 0 0 3 1 0 0 46 22 0 0
11 New Orleans Saints 16 24 384 384 24.0 9 33 0 0 2 0 0 0 43 25 1 0
12 Pittsburgh Steelers 16 23.4 375 375 23.4 15 22 0 1 3 0 0 0 38 29 0 2
13 New York Jets 16 22.9 367 367 22.9 14 20 0 2 3 0 0 0 37 30 2 1
14 Kansas City Chiefs 16 22.9 366 366 22.9 13 27 1 0 3 0 0 0 42 20 0 0
15 Detroit Lions 16 22.6 362 362 22.6 11 26 0 1 2 1 0 0 35 25 1 2
16 Baltimore Ravens 16 22.3 357 357 22.3 11 25 0 1 3 0 0 0 39 26 0 0
17 Tennessee Titans 16 22.2 356 356 22.2 13 24 1 1 1 0 0 0 38 24 2 1
18 Jacksonville Jaguars 16 22.1 353 353 22.1 14 26 1 0 0 0 0 0 41 22 0 0
19 Denver Broncos 16 21.5 344 344 21.5 13 25 0 1 0 1 0 0 38 22 0 0
20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 16 21.3 341 341 21.3 9 26 0 1 3 0 0 0 36 23 0 1
21 Chicago Bears 16 20.9 334 334 20.9 10 23 3 0 1 0 0 0 35 25 0 1
22 Cincinnati Bengals 16 20.1 322 322 20.1 8 26 0 0 1 1 0 0 30 24 0 2
23 Seattle Seahawks 16 19.4 310 310 19.4 13 14 0 3 2 0 0 1 31 25 1 2
24 San Francisco 49ers 16 19.1 305 305 19.1 10 19 1 0 3 0 0 1 33 22 0 1
25 Washington Redskins 16 18.9 302 302 18.9 9 21 0 1 1 1 0 0 28 24 0 2
26 Arizona Cardinals 16 18.1 289 289 18.1 9 10 0 2 3 7 0 0 29 24 0 1
26 St. Louis Rams 16 18.1 289 289 18.1 9 18 0 0 0 0 0 0 26 33 1 0
28 Buffalo Bills 16 17.7 283 283 17.7 6 24 0 1 2 1 0 0 31 16 0 0
29 Minnesota Vikings 16 17.6 281 281 17.6 16 14 0 1 1 1 0 0 30 17 0 1
30 Miami Dolphins 16 17.1 273 273 17.1 8 17 0 0 0 1 0 0 25 30 1 0
31 Cleveland Browns 16 16.9 271 271 16.9 13 13 0 0 2 1 0 0 28 23 0 0
32 Carolina Panthers 16 12.2 196 196 12.2 7 9 0 0 1 0 0 0 17 25 1 0

defense scored against

Scoring Touchdowns Kicking Other
1 Pittsburgh Steelers 16 14.5 232 232 14.5 5 15 0 1 1 0 0 0 18 26 1 1
2 Green Bay Packers 16 15 240 240 15.0 6 16 1 0 1 0 0 0 24 24 0 0
3 Baltimore Ravens 16 16.9 270 270 16.9 5 22 0 0 0 0 0 0 25 27 0 1
4 Chicago Bears 16 17.9 286 286 17.9 14 14 1 0 2 1 0 0 29 21 1 0

then there is TOP

this is the defensive side.

Rk Team G Pts/G TotPts Scrm Plys Yds/G Yds/P 1st/G 3rd Md 3rd Att 3rd Pct 4th Md 4th Att 4th Pct Pen Pen Yds ToP/G FUM Lost
1 San Diego Chargers 16 20.1 322 939 271.6 4.6 15.4 70 208 34 12 28 43 97 769 26:57 13 7
2 Pittsburgh Steelers 16 14.5 232 974 276.8 4.5 17.0 70 209 34 10 16 62 86 716 28:34 28 14
3 New York Jets 16 19 304 979 291.5 4.8 17.0 81 219 37 4 6 67 74 679 28:26 25 18
4 New Orleans Saints 16 19.2 307 948 306.2 5.2 17.1 70 203 34 15 23 65 88 701 28:44 34 16
5 Green Bay Packers 16 15 240 969 309.1 5.1 16.9 77 213 36 6 20 30 98 758 28:47 22 8
6 Miami Dolphins 16 20.8 333 988 309.3 5.0 16.5 84 226 37 8 22 36 85 730 29:29 22 8
7 New York Giants 16 21.7 347 974 310.8 5.1 16.4 66 208 32 9 17 53 107 899 27:28 42 23
8 Minnesota Vikings 16 21.8 348 977 312.6 5.1 17.2 87 213 41 5 10 50 98 786 29:55 17 11
9 Chicago Bears 16 17.9 286 1,002 314.3 5.0 17.6 75 216 35 6 13 46 93 790 30:29 37 14

TOP for the offense

Game Stats Rk Team G Pts/G TotPts Scrm Plys Yds/G Yds/P 1st/G 3rd Md 3rd Att 3rd Pct 4th Md 4th Att 4th Pct Pen Pen Yds ToP/G FUM Lost TO
1 San Diego Chargers 16 27.6 441 1,039 395.6 6.1 22.3 92 205 45 5 13 38 84 677 33:03 25 16 -6
2 Philadelphia Eagles 16 27.4 439 1,038 389.4 6.0 20.1 85 214 40 9 13 69 129 1,101 31:15 33 12 +9
3 Houston Texans 16 24.4 390 1,029 386.6 6.0 22.5 79 192 41 9 19 47 90 690 29:26 15 6 0
4 Indianapolis Colts 16 27.2 435 1,088 380.8 5.6 22.9 91 204 45 5 8 62 79 709 29:55 14 8 -4
5 New York Giants 16 24.6 394 1,035 380.3 5.9 20.7 74 206 36 3 11 27 92 777 32:32 26 17 -3
6 New Orleans Saints 16 24 384 1,067 372.5 5.6 21.9 106 217 49 5 11 46 90 884 32:05 23 9 -6
7 Dallas Cowboys 16 24.6 394 1,035 364.2 5.6 20.4 86 211 41 13 22 59 109 863 31:25 28 11 0
8 New England Patriots 16 32.4 518 986 363.8 5.9 20.9 95 197 48 7 14 50 83 766 29:24 9 5 +28
9 Green Bay Packers 16 24.2 388 1,000 358.1 5.7 19.5 85 205 42 5 13 38 78 617 32:01 20 9 +10
10 Oakland Raiders 16 25.6 410 1,039 354.6 5.5 19.1 75 220 34 8 20 40 148 1,276 31:12 32 10 -2
11 New York Jets 16 22.9 367 1,087 351.0 5.2 19.2 93 235 40 5 14 36 103 934 32:37 23 7 +9
12 Kansas City Chiefs 16 22.9 366 1,063 349.7 5.3 19.9 83 226 37 10 23 44 90 771 31:39 15 6 +9
13 Denver Broncos 16 21.5 344 1,018 348.9 5.5 19.3 67 207 32 6 19 32 98 944 28:09 29 15 -9
14 Pittsburgh Steelers 16 23.4 375 993 345.3 5.6 18.4 94 218 43 2 5 40 100 903 32:24 22 9 +17
15 Jacksonville Jaguars 16 22.1 353 1,019 341.2 5.4 20.6 81 203 40 16 25 64 83 675 31:48 23 12 -15
16 Atlanta Falcons 16 25.9 414 1,097 341.1 5.0 22.1 112 240 47 11 15 73 58 598 32:47 12 8 +14
17 Detroit Lions 16 22.6 362 1,064 338.9 5.1 19.0 97 242 40 10 16 62 136 1,018 29:48 20 9 +4
18 Washington Redskins 16 18.9 302 1,002 335.9 5.4 18.4 61 208 29 6 12 50 90 647 28:50 29 12 -4
19 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 16 21.3 341 955 335.1 5.6 18.0 89 211 42 10 14 71 100 837 30:49 25 13 +9
20 Cincinnati Bengals 16 20.1 322 1,046 330.6 5.1 19.8 87 224 39 13 19 68 90 725 31:14 21 14 -8
21 Miami Dolphins 16 17.1 273 1,040 323.1 5.0 18.8 92 230 40 3 10 30 72 595 30:54 24 10 -12
22 Baltimore Ravens 16 22.3 357 1,018 322.9 5.1 18.9 82 210 39 4 10 40 90 673 31:20 22 10 +7
23 Minnesota Vikings 16 17.6 281 982 314.9 5.1 18.1 71 205 35 8 17 47 100 769 30:25 20 11 -11
24 San Francisco 49ers 16 19.1 305 945 313.3 5.3 15.7 68 213 32 8 16 50 112 933 28:47 22 8 -1
25 Buffalo Bills 16 17.7 283 954 304.9 5.1 16.4 80 211 38 11 24 46 82 633 28:36 33 18 -17
26 St. Louis Rams 16 18.1 289 1,053 302.9 4.6 18.2 78 235 33 8 15 53 102 877 31:01 14 6 +5
27 Tennessee Titans 16 22.2 356 907 302.1 5.3 15.8 71 204 35 8 14 57 128 1,040 26:02 22 14 -4
28 Seattle Seahawks 16 19.4 310 964 297.8 4.9 16.2 76 214 36 6 17 35 101 890 27:33 18 11 -9
29 Cleveland Browns 16 16.9 271 927 289.7 5.0 16.6 75 202 37 5 7 71 78 675 28:21 29 11 -1
30 Chicago Bears 16 20.9 334 936 289.4 4.9 16.4 64 195 33 2 7 29 91 768 29:31 19 10 +4
31 Arizona Cardinals 16 18.1 289 931 269.3 4.6 15.1 58 209 28 7 18 39 108 870 26:23 33 16 -5
32 Carolina Panthers 16 12.2 196 962 258.4 4.3 14.1 69 227 30 10 23 44 106 918 27:24 31 16 -8

once again you can love the guy all you want I do not think with out their defense and special teams he would be anywhere.. the above stats scream that the defense way the reason that they won any games.

How did this turn into a CUTLER thread again? Every freaking thread you go into, you find some way to go after Cutler. :rolleyes: This thread is about DENVER BRONCOS QB's. You want to smack the CHICAGO BEARS QB...go to the smack section or other NFL teams section.

Juriga72
01-20-2011, 08:26 AM
Once again.... For the slow.

Cutler is playing this week in the NFC Championship. While many might feel he is vastly over-rated, I sadly saw many of the Bears games this year. He passed the eye test, not the stat test.

I saw him run for touchdowns and first downs unlike our qb who fell over into the fetal ball position. I saw him carve up both the Jets and Eagles, 4- 4th quarter comeback wins showed me how good he can play. He has thrown 50 td's in two years, and the Bears have won 19 games.

You can hate him all you want , but to say that he has little part as to why the Bears are winning is just plain stupid. I just look at his play and get more pissed that McDummy traded the guy away because he was a petty small man.

Either way, I would still want him here

Lonestar
01-20-2011, 09:57 AM
How did this turn into a CUTLER thread again? Every freaking thread you go into, you find some way to go after Cutler. :rolleyes: This thread is about DENVER BRONCOS QB's. You want to smack the CHICAGO BEARS QB...go to the smack section or other NFL teams section.

In case you did not notice jay was started up by others the savior that was traded. I merely brought out the facts.

I'm on mobile am limited in the quoting power at this time. Im sure you can see where those curcifiying Orton/Josh made that turn.

Once again it appears y'all would rather re-do the history to allow the hate to fester.

As I said elsewhere I just comeback to see Ida few weeks had made a difference. If anything it is more hateful. Sad to see the declineover tts past 3 years.

It is apparent that y'all do not value my insight.
See you Ina few weeks. I'll try again.

Lonestar
01-20-2011, 10:00 AM
Thought I was logged as mobile.

GEM
01-20-2011, 10:19 AM
In case you did not notice jay was started up by others the savior that was traded. I merely brought out the facts.

I'm on mobile am limited in the quoting power at this time. Im sure you can see where those curcifiying Orton/Josh made that turn.

Once again it appears y'all would rather re-do the history to allow the hate to fester.

As I said elsewhere I just comeback to see Ida few weeks had made a difference. If anything it is more hateful. Sad to see the declineover tts past 3 years.

Just because others don't see it your way, doesn't mean it's a decline. Others seem to like it here just fine....if you don't, well no one is forcing you to log in. Just like you aren't going to force anyone to hate Cutler as much as you do.

TXBRONC
01-20-2011, 10:27 AM
Just because others don't see it your way, doesn't mean it's a decline. Others seem to like it here just fine....if you don't, well no one is forcing you to log in. Just like you aren't going to force anyone to hate Cutler as much as you do.

:nod:

Dzone
01-20-2011, 11:16 AM

Are you serious? Orton actually said "we're done"?...somehow that wouldnt surprise me.

GEM
01-20-2011, 11:21 AM
Are you serious? Orton actually said "we're done"?...somehow that wouldnt surprise me.

Those are the words that I saw come out of his mouth. "We're done"

TXBRONC
01-20-2011, 11:26 AM
Those are the words that I saw come out of his mouth. "We're done"

But that's like saying Aloha it can mean a 1,000 different things. :lol:

Ravage!!!
01-20-2011, 11:28 AM

This is funny. Your posts are doing their best to "prove" everyone wrong and your opinion right, and yet want to get all whiney because you don't feel your "insight" (:lol:) is not valued.

How many posts have you commented about leaving for weeks now? Are you waiting for people to say "no no, please don't go".. or are you just wanting to pull the "you people aren't agreeing with my opinions, so I'm going to go" huff and walk as if your opinion is so much grander than everyone else's?

You've complained several timses about how the "hate" around here has grown and its just TOO much for you. Yet the only hate you don't like reading about, is for your boi McDoosh. You turn around and spew out your hate for Cutler (and Shanahan) at every chance you get. Make up your mind. Are you complaining about the negativity, or only the negativity for the guy you spent so much time defending, even after watching him COMPLETELY fail as a coach?

Northman
01-20-2011, 11:29 AM
But that's like saying Aloha it can mean a 1,000 different things. :lol:

Unfortuantely judging by the way things were going in that game i think i would agree with Gem. Dude packed it in.

BroncoJoe
01-20-2011, 11:32 AM
Unfortuantely judging by the way things were going in that game and the end result, i think i would agree with Gem. Dude packed it in.

Corrected...

Ravage!!!
01-20-2011, 11:34 AM

Bad analogy. Next.

Yeah.. I keep hearing how Jay was this "coach killer"... (I believe thats how a certain, non-existant, poster used to put it) and yet we haven't seen a single coach "killed" from his performance yet.

IN FACT. This franchise has gone down hill since his departure, and the team that got him is knocking on the front door of the Super Bowl. Doesn't sound like a coach killer, to me.

Foochacho
01-20-2011, 11:43 AM
This is funny. Your posts are doing their best to "prove" everyone wrong and your opinion right, and yet want to get all whiney because you don't feel your "insight" (:lol:) is not valued.

How many posts have you commented about leaving for weeks now? Are you waiting for people to say "no no, please don't go".. or are you just wanting to pull the "you people aren't agreeing with my opinions, so I'm going to go" huff and walk as if your opinion is so much grander than everyone else's?

You've complained several timses about how the "hate" around here has grown and its just TOO much for you. Yet the only hate you don't like reading about, is for your boi McDoosh. You turn around and spew out your hate for Cutler (and Shanahan) at every chance you get. Make up your mind. Are you complaining about the negativity, or only the negativity for the guy you spent so much time defending, even after watching him COMPLETELY fail as a coach?

JR was one of those kids who would say "I'm taking my ball and going home"

Juriga72
01-20-2011, 12:02 PM
Yeah.. I keep hearing how Jay was this "coach killer"... (I believe thats how a certain, non-existant, poster used to put it) and yet we haven't seen a single coach "killed" from his performance yet.

IN FACT. This franchise has gone down hill since his departure, and the team that got him is knocking on the front door of the Super Bowl. Doesn't sound like a coach killer, to me.

Of course they will also forget that Cutler's O-line was statistically the worst in the NFL in pass protection, while Kyle "Had" to deal with the 17th ranked one.....LMAO I think its hard to complete a pass while on your butt....

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

So lets repeat here.... Chicago #1 in Starting position. Uh... yeah So Cutler "Can't throw for yards" because he's ALREADY on the other side of the 50.........get it? No matter how hard he wants more yards... you can only GET 50 from the 50 yard line.....

Cutler is in his 3rd offense in 3 years, yet still has thrown for more td's and won more games in his two years in Chicago than our pathetic example.

Blaming Cutler because "he doesnt throw for a ton of yards" and then saying "He has the best special teams in the NFL" proves how little many understand football.

You might know Fantasy Football....but not "Real" football

Ravage!!!
01-20-2011, 12:12 PM
Of course they will also forget that Cutler's O-line was statistically the worst in the NFL in pass protection, while Kyle "Had" to deal with the 17th ranked one.....LMAO I think its hard to complete a pass while on your butt....

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

So lets repeat here.... Chicago #1 in Starting position. Uh... yeah So Cutler "Can't throw for yards" because he's ALREADY on the other side of the 50.........get it? No matter how hard he wants more yards... you can only GET 50 from the 50 yard line.....

Cutler is in his 3rd offense in 3 years, yet still has thrown for more td's and won more games in his two years in Chicago than our pathetic example.

Blaming Cutler because "he doesnt throw for a ton of yards" and then saying "He has the best special teams in the NFL" proves how little many understand football.

You might know Fantasy Football....but not "Real" football

Seriously.. watching nearly almost EVERY Chicago game this year, that is one of the worst OL's I've EVER seen... ever! Horrendous, especially before their bye week.

Its funny that you mention how he's not throwing for a ton of yards after having the best special teams.... the same fans complained about him throwing for a TON of yards and only winning 8 games when we proved to have the WORSE starting position in the NFL, along with the worse defense in the NFL when he was here last.

Juriga72
01-20-2011, 12:17 PM
Seriously.. watching nearly almost EVERY Chicago game this year, that is one of the worst OL's I've EVER seen... ever! Horrendous, especially before their bye week.

Its funny that you mention how he's not throwing for a ton of yards after having the best special teams.... the same fans complained about him throwing for a TON of yards and only winning 8 games when we proved to have the WORSE starting position in the NFL, along with the worse defense in the NFL when he was here last.

I see a pattern......LOL
"He JUST throws for yards!!!! He sucks!!!!"
"He doesn't throw for yards... HE sucks!!!!"
"He needs a defense to win!!!!! He sucks!"
"He wins because he has a defense!!!! He sucks!"
"He's NEVER won a playoff game!!!He sucks!"
"He beat a terrible team in the playoffs! He sucks"

NEVER mind they just beat the defending Super Bowl champs the week before.......

Ravage!!!
01-20-2011, 12:30 PM
I see a pattern......LOL

NEVER mind they just beat the defending Super Bowl champs the week before.......

There is a poster that I won't mention a name (wtm) that said Cutler would never win. THen said he would lose the lst four games of the season in Chicago, and miss the playoffs (guaranteed). Then he wouldn't win the bye. Then he would "never win a playoff game." Now I know they are "promising, Jay won't go to the Super Bow".. and will BRAG if the Bears lose to the Packers! :lol: As if losing to the Packers proves something. Its funny.

The weird thing is, some were mad at him for being drafted (as if it was his fault).. then the were mad at him for how "he handled" the McD stuff... and we've learned that it more likely was McDoosh than anyone. Then others said it was because he never called Bowlen back,

BUT... http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=4429435

Reilly states he has sources that say otherwise. Now I know sometimes people may not like Reilly (they sure liked him when he was insulting Cutler's play recently), but he isn't going to MAKE up a story. This isn't just making up sources, this would be making up an entire story. Not going to happen.

TXBRONC
01-20-2011, 12:33 PM
I see a pattern......LOL

There is always fair criticism of every player but just someone doesn't like player doesn't mean that everything they do sucks.

Northman
01-20-2011, 12:34 PM
There is a poster that I won't mention a name (wtm) that said Cutler would never win. THen said he would lose the lst four games of the season in Chicago, and miss the playoffs (guaranteed). Then he wouldn't win the bye. Then he would "never win a playoff game." Now I know they are "promising, Jay won't go to the Super Bow".. and will BRAG if the Bears lose to the Packers! :lol: As if losing to the Packers proves something. Its funny.

The weird thing is, some were mad at him for being drafted (as if it was his fault).. then the were mad at him for how "he handled" the McD stuff... and we've learned that it more likely was McDoosh than anyone. Then others said it was because he never called Bowlen back,

BUT... http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=4429435

Reilly states he has sources that say otherwise. Now I know sometimes people may not like Reilly (they sure liked him when he was insulting Cutler's play recently), but he isn't going to MAKE up a story. This isn't just making up sources, this would be making up an entire story. Not going to happen.

Yeeeeesh, sure wouldnt want to be THAT guy. :lol: