PDA

View Full Version : Bowlen promises fans he’ll restore integrity

Denver Native (Carol)
01-18-2011, 11:31 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP)—Pat Bowlen says in a letter to season ticket holders that last season was his most difficult in his more than a quarter century as owner of the Denver Broncos and he pledges to restore integrity and a winning culture to a franchise rocked by problems on and off the field.

full article - http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-broncosowner-letter

The following is exactly what the letter says:

Dear Season Ticket Holder:

Excitement, optimism and promise surround the Denver Broncos as we begin a new era of football in the Rocky Mountain Region. As a season ticket holder, you are the foundation of Broncos Country, and I am honored that you have chosen to be such an integral part of our team.

Despite the challenges we faced this season, your passion and loyalty have been inspiring to our entire organization. On a personal level, this past year was the most trying for me in 27 seasons of ownership, and I am sincerely appreciative of your unwavering support through the adversity we have shared together.

You deserve more from this franchise that what you saw in 2010, and you have my word that I will restore the culture of winning, trust and integrity within the Broncos. There is a "Bronco Way" that exists, and it entails success on the field, honoring tradition and maintaining the highest level of character. We are committed to embracing those qualities and others that have made the Denver Broncos one of the most successful teams in all of professional sports.

I pledge to you that we will exceed your expectations going forward and put the right people in place to lead this team, beginning with the addition of John Elway as Executive Vice President of Football Operations, who will direct the search to find our next great head coach. Like every member of this organization, these individuals will recognize and understand the special bond the Broncos have with their fans. It is something none of us will ever take for granted.

On behalf of our entire franchise, I thank you for your continued support of the Denver Broncos. We are eager to begin a new chapter in our history and look forward to having you share in the experience.

Sincerely,

Pat Bowlen
Owner and Chief Executive Officer

Denver Native (Carol)
01-18-2011, 11:35 PM
Also, there is an insert in the season ticket renewal package, which says:

Pay in full by March 1, 2011 and receive a limited edition 20" x 24" Tim Tebow and Demaryius Thomas poster print.

I definitely do not think that would be included, if there was any idea of trading Tebow.

turftoad
01-18-2011, 11:36 PM
full article - http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-broncosowner-letter

The following is exactly what the letter says:

Dear Season Ticket Holder:

Excitement, optimism and promise surround the Denver Broncos as we begin a new era of football in the Rocky Mountain Region. As a season ticket holder, you are the foundation of Broncos Country, and I am honored that you have chosen to be such an integral part of our team.

Despite the challenges we faced this season, your passion and loyalty have been inspiring to our entire organization. On a personal level, this past year was the most trying for me in 27 seasons of ownership, and I am sincerely appreciative of your unwavering support through the adversity we have shared together.

You deserve more from this franchise that what you saw in 2010, and you have my word that I will restore the culture of winning, trust and integrity within the Broncos. There is a "Bronco Way" that exists, and it entails success on the field, honoring tradition and maintaining the highest level of character. We are committed to embracing those qualities and others that have made the Denver Broncos one of the most successful teams in all of professional sports.

I pledge to you that we will exceed your expectations going forward and put the right people in place to lead this team, beginning with the addition of John Elway as Executive Vice President of Football Operations, who will direct the search to find our next great head coach. Like every member of this organization, these individuals will recognize and understand the special bond the Broncos have with their fans. It is something none of us will ever take for granted.

On behalf of our entire franchise, I thank you for your continued support of the Denver Broncos. We are eager to begin a new chapter in our history and look forward to having you share in the experience.

Sincerely,

Pat Bowlen
Owner and Chief Executive Officer

Good read Carol.

In a nut shell it says "McDaniels sucked in a big way and we hope we can find the right guy to replace him. Stay tuned" :D

GEM
01-18-2011, 11:38 PM
Good read Carol.

In a nut shell it says "McDaniels sucked in a big way and we hope we can find the right guy to replace him. Stay tuned" :D

Turf...are you illiterate? It didn't say we hope it said we will! He said it so it will be done. Go FOX!

:D

Northman
01-18-2011, 11:39 PM
Good job Pat, at least he didnt force the square peg in the round hole by keeping McD around. The minute he tried to hide that spygate shit any kind of honesty flew out the window with him. Not too mention all the other fubars he made with the team. Im glad Bowlen and Elway are working together to make up for the last two year blunders.

silkamilkamonico
01-18-2011, 11:39 PM
How about he focuses on putting together a team that actually wins on the field in big games.

Denver has won exactly one big game in 12 years. Figure it out Bowlen.

Agent of Orange
01-18-2011, 11:40 PM
Not that it matters probably, but I don't think he should have mentioned how it was his most difficult season as the owner of the team. A lot of the problems were of his own making and it went way too far to share this with the fans.

Northman
01-18-2011, 11:42 PM
Not that it matters probably, but I don't think he should have mentioned how it was his most difficult season as the owner of the team. A lot of the problems were of his own making and it went way too far to share this with the fans.

Well, you are correct but also remember that Bowlen does not want to get involved with the coaching or playing. He just owns the team and he hires guys who he believes in and trusts to field a winning product. The problem for Bowlen is he allowed himself to trust McD too much and it cost him, the fans, and the team. So at this point, with his recent hirings im hoping he has learned from his previous mistake.

GEM
01-18-2011, 11:44 PM
How about he focuses on putting together a team that actually wins on the field in big games.

Denver has won exactly one big game in 12 years. Figure it out Bowlen.

:confused: I think that's what he said his attempts will be in the coming season. I'm pretty sure that's been his focus since the day he fired McDaniels. I mean I may be wrong, but as far as I can see he's been knee deep in coach searching and football since 3 weeks before the season ended.

Agent of Orange
01-18-2011, 11:45 PM
Well, you are correct but also remember that Bowlen does not want to get involved with the coaching or playing. He just owns the team and he hires guys who he believes in and trusts to field a winning product. The problem for Bowlen is he allowed himself to trust McD too much and it cost him, the fans, and the team. So at this point, with his recent hirings im hoping he has learned from his previous mistake.

I've bolded what I'm talking about. The fans have been burdened by the past few years. He shouldn't be telling them his problems consider he was at fault.

GEM
01-18-2011, 11:47 PM

He went out on a limb and fell 200 feet from the tree. Shit happens. I don't think he's happy with the outcome, but he took the first steps to stop the bleeding.

Now if the next season doesn't show signs of improvement, I'm on board. But, he thought he could go with a young hot shot like Shanny and it didn't work out like it had in the past.

silkamilkamonico
:confused: I think that's what he said his attempts will be in the coming season. I'm pretty sure that's been his focus since the day he fired McDaniels. I mean I may be wrong, but as far as I can see he's been knee deep in coach searching and football since 3 weeks before the season ended.

Outstanding. WTF took him so long? I mean, 12 years is prehistoric in the Not For Long.

BORDERLINE
Hell Yeah,
how many of these letters you think the Lions/Bills/Browns fans have read????

This year did suck but i'm excited as well for what's coming!!!!

Northman
01-18-2011, 11:48 PM
I've bolded what I'm talking about. The fans have been burdened by the past few years. He shouldn't be telling them his problems consider he was at fault.

Well, he is human and a fan like us. I cant really say that i have had more of a burden than he has. He tried to put faith in someone who failed him and like the fans was extremely disappointed. Frankly, im glad that it hurt him as much the last two years as it did us because it tells me he still gives a damn. I mean, i dont think Al Davis listens to the fans in Oakland too much. :lol:

silkamilkamonico
01-18-2011, 11:49 PM
Hell Yeah,
how many of these letters you think the Lions/Bills/Browns fans have read????

This year did suck but i'm excited as well for what's coming!!!!

I think we're almost there, although yea those fanbases are in dire misery and we're still a few years off. However, I'm sick and tired of trying to convince my 16 year old brother-in-law that the Denver Broncos were actually once a good NFL team.

Northman
01-18-2011, 11:50 PM
I think we're almost there, although yea those fanbases are in dire misery and we're still a few years off. However, I'm sick and tired of trying to convince my 16 year old brother-in-law that the Denver Broncos were actually once a good NFL team.

Just show him the 05' season, that should settle it.

Agent of Orange
01-18-2011, 11:51 PM
He went out on a limb and fell 200 feet from the tree. Shit happens. I don't think he's happy with the outcome, but he took the first steps to stop the bleeding.
Now if the next season doesn't show signs of improvement, I'm on board. But, he thought he could go with a young hot shot like Shanny and it didn't work out like it had in the past.

Yeah, but he let it go way too far when stuff was happening early on. The video taping was just one of several shady things that started happening from the very beginning. I don't even see why people were shocked or disappointed when the video taping thing happened.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-18-2011, 11:51 PM
I will give Pat 100% credit for at least trying to turn things around - that's a lot more than some owners do.

GEM
01-18-2011, 11:53 PM
Outstanding. WTF took him so long? I mean, 12 years is prehistoric in the Not For Long.

He was tied to a coach who brought him the things he'd waited 13 years for and sat through 3 failures. He was tied to a coach who he actually told the media would have a job for life. Was it long overdue...sure, but I could understand his view. He was hoping that at some point Shanny would turn it around. He held on for as long as he could. Was it bad for the franchise, maybe, most likely probably, but I understand why he did it.

He had a competitive team up until 2006. I just don't agree with the 12 year assessment. Making it to the playoffs is something that 16 teams don't get to do every year and during those 12 years we made it quite a few times. Not good enough....I can't say that I agree.

Agent of Orange
01-18-2011, 11:54 PM
Well, he is human and a fan like us. I cant really say that i have had more of a burden than he has. He tried to put faith in someone who failed him and like the fans was extremely disappointed. Frankly, im glad that it hurt him as much the last two years as it did us because it tells me he still gives a damn. I mean, i dont think Al Davis listens to the fans in Oakland too much. :lol:

Sorry but it's a little like the president of British Petroleum saying he'd like to have his life back.

silkamilkamonico
01-18-2011, 11:56 PM
Just show him the 05' season, that should settle it.

I was about to have him watch the DVD, then I realized the absurdity of trying to wipe away 12 years of misery for 1 fluke playoff win a week before a playoff blowout loss at home.

I have to say, i am slowly buing in to john Fox. Although Jim Mora Jr. isn't going to help.

silkamilkamonico
01-19-2011, 12:00 AM
He was tied to a coach who brought him the things he'd waited 13 years for and sat through 3 failures. He was tied to a coach who he actually told the media would have a job for life. Was it long overdue...sure, but I could understand his view. He was hoping that at some point Shanny would turn it around. He held on for as long as he could. Was it bad for the franchise, maybe, most likely probably, but I understand why he did it.

He had a competitive team up until 2006. I just don't agree with the 12 year assessment. Making it to the playoffs is something that 16 teams don't get to do every year and during those 12 years we made it quite a few times. Not good enough....I can't say that I agree.

I understand and I don't bu my argument either. But with all honesty, I felt decieved by Shanahan "the mastermind" somewhere around the play against the Colts in the playoffs when they proceeded to score a 50+ yard TD because AL Wilson wasn't smart enough to touch a player who was rolling around the ground with the football. I think at that moment I told myself, "John Elway isn't walking through that door anytime soon!"

But you know what? John Elway just walked through that door..

GEM
01-19-2011, 12:04 AM
I understand and I don't bu my argument either. But with all honesty, I felt decieved by Shanahan "the mastermind" somewhere around the play against the Colts in the playoffs when they proceeded to score a 50+ yard TD because AL Wilson wasn't smart enough to touch a player who was rolling around the ground with the football. I think at that moment I told myself, "John Elway isn't walking through that door anytime soon!"

But you know what? John Elway just walked through that door..

I think it was Roc Alexander for me. But I still held onto the same hope that Bowlen did when it came to Shanny. I remember the day he was fired, I was talking to someone on a social network site about the Broncos and they said what do you think they will do with Shanny, I told them Shanny is always safe. Not 5 minutes later, the news broke that they had fired him. :lol:

Superchop 7
01-19-2011, 12:06 AM
I'm sure he had a tough time. Why do some people blast the team for reaching out?

Oh well.

silkamilkamonico
01-19-2011, 12:06 AM
Funny. I was actually utterly shocked myself when Shanahan was fired as well.

BORDERLINE
01-19-2011, 12:42 AM

I din't say it in a bad way...

I like the owner to speak up and Bowlen was pretty quite all year

the time of the firing of McD said a lot...and this cements it in a way

PAINTERDAVE
01-19-2011, 12:47 AM
Funny. I was actually utterly shocked myself when Shanahan was fired as well.

I remember vividly being shocked...
but also very excited...

Then we had the 6-0 stretch..
it seemed like we had a great thing going..
the defense was so good...
I thought the offense would come around.

Then the horrible play calling... the 2-8 stretch to finish 2009...
Nolan leaving... the 3 wins in 2010....

Now I am still kinda shell shocked.

I am looking at Fox and Elway and the whole team with
a lot more trepidation than before.
McD knocked the wide eyed wonder out of me.

I will always be a fan...
I just want to see this team developed into a winner.

I have high hopes... but they are tempered with some realistic expectations.

Northman
01-19-2011, 12:47 AM
Sorry but it's a little like the president of British Petroleum saying he'd like to have his life back.

Well, but you kind of make my point. While Bowlen is equally to blame for what happened it doesnt mean he wasnt burdened by it like the rest of us. Every individual who puts people into positions expect good things to come of it. I mean in hindsight, im sure George Bush Jr. would like to have had better intel when it came to WMD's but he trusted the guys that were in place when the information was given to him.

EMB6903
01-19-2011, 01:58 AM
Freakin senile old man.....

dogfish
01-19-2011, 03:13 AM
okay pat, here's the deal. . .

don't bullshit us about the orange jerseys, that better actually happen! and you really should kick invesco's ass to the curb and give the damn stadium a proper name while you're at it. . .

keep ellis on a tight leash and don't let him **** with the duke or fox, and give explicit instructions that the guys have the green light to bring in some real free agents-- no more bargain basement bullshit or guys that were great five years ago. . . we need to sign two-three top end starters and preferably a few more solid ones-- plus varoius assorted role players and decent depth guys. . . don't make them work with jamal as a nosetackle or haggan/mays as a 4-3 MIKE, or whatever BS free agent equivalents we can scrape up. . .

and get hotter cheerleaders!

and lower the price of beer at the stadium. . .

now say one hail mary, drink five bloody mary's, and everything is cool. . . we'll be right here. . .

dogfish
01-19-2011, 03:17 AM
Also, there is an insert in the season ticket renewal package, which says:

Pay in full by March 1, 2011 and receive a limited edition 20" x 24" Tim Tebow and Demaryius Thomas poster print.

I definitely do not think that would be included, if there was any idea of trading Tebow.

carol, you just don't have enough devious in you to see these things. . .

they gotta get some use out of those prints BEFORE they trade tebow, they'll be worthless by august. . .

:heh:

Northman
01-19-2011, 05:51 AM
okay pat, here's the deal. . .

don't bullshit us about the orange jerseys, that better actually happen! and you really should kick invesco's ass to the curb and give the damn stadium a proper name while you're at it. . .

keep ellis on a tight leash and don't let him **** with the duke or fox, and give explicit instructions that the guys have the green light to bring in some real free agents-- no more bargain basement bullshit or guys that were great five years ago. . . we need to sign two-three top end starters and preferably a few more solid ones-- plus varoius assorted role players and decent depth guys. . . don't make them work with jamal as a nosetackle or haggan/mays as a 4-3 MIKE, or whatever BS free agent equivalents we can scrape up. . .

and get hotter cheerleaders!

and lower the price of beer at the stadium. . .

now say one hail mary, drink five bloody mary's, and everything is cool. . . we'll be right here. . .

Actually Pat, i need to correct Doggy on something. Its not the Orange Jersey's we want. Its the ALL BLUE ones. :D

CoachChaz
01-19-2011, 08:49 AM
I dont think anyone else here is a fan of the Baltimore Orioles, but if you can...take a look at that franchise and think about what it would be like to be a huge fan. A team with an amazing history run with class and pride...and then Peter Angelos buys them. 13 years since we've had a winning season.

Nothing that has happened to Denver in the last 2 years or even 10 years compares to what Angelos has done to that organization as the owner. We should count our blessings that Denver has an owner like Bowlen.

At the end of the day, it's just sports, and psychologically speaking...anyone that allows their day to day moods to be affected by the wins, losses, hirings and firings, probably needs a few hobbies...but Denver fans feeling sorry for themselves after a really bad 2 years is equivalent to Bill Gates battling depression over Microsoft stock dropping $1 per share. Things could always be worse.

rcsodak
01-19-2011, 09:29 AM
I dont think anyone else here is a fan of the Baltimore Orioles, but if you can...take a look at that franchise and think about what it would be like to be a huge fan. A team with an amazing history run with class and pride...and then Peter Angelos buys them. 13 years since we've had a winning season.

Nothing that has happened to Denver in the last 2 years or even 10 years compares to what Angelos has done to that organization as the owner. We should count our blessings that Denver has an owner like Bowlen.

At the end of the day, it's just sports, and psychologically speaking...anyone that allows their day to day moods to be affected by the wins, losses, hirings and firings, probably needs a few hobbies...but Denver fans feeling sorry for themselves after a really bad 2 years is equivalent to Bill Gates battling depression over Microsoft stock dropping $1 per share. Things could always be worse.

Good post. Great analogy.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BroncoJoe
01-19-2011, 09:50 AM

Amen, brother. Amen.

BroncoStud
01-19-2011, 10:04 AM
I don't think Denver is NEARLY as bad as most seem to.

Fox will make this defense better, and quickly. Getting Doom back will be a big boost as well.

The offensive line excelled at the ZBS, there is no reason to think they won't again. Tebow has an amazing skillset and the mentality that a tough team needs. The WRs are very solid, Lloyd/Thomas/Royal is a great combo, if Thomas can stay healthy.

There is a lot of young but experienced talent now on this team, we have a coach that players love to play for, we have a QB that loves to win, we have a front office that knows it needs to win and win fast but isn't going to be stupid about trying to do it.

Plus, most importantly, we play in a WEAK division. There is no reason Denver can't win 8 games NEXT SEASON. :salute:

And I'm usually considered a pessimist when it comes to the Broncos.

LSIGRAD09
01-19-2011, 05:20 PM
I love Pat. When this happened to the Patriots, I don't recall them wanting to restore integrity......I could be wrong.

But I loved that letter, and I'm glad the team is trying to connect with its fans.