PDA

View Full Version : Josh McDaniels hired by St. Louis Rams

PAINTERDAVE
01-18-2011, 06:43 PM
Lombardi reports Rams have hired McDaniels as their Offensive Coordinator.
It will be interesting to see him develop Sam Bradford.

Here is a story Carol linked a bit ago in Other Teams..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6034987

Ravage!!!
01-18-2011, 06:45 PM
yeah.. real interesting :coffee:

I feel sorry for Jackson. He's already punching the walls and calling his agent to get traded as quickly as possible.

BeefStew25
01-18-2011, 06:48 PM
Sounds like his boi LoMo was already in St Louis last night. Maybe we can get our 4th back.

Foochacho
01-18-2011, 06:49 PM
This P.O.S. deserved to be banned from the league. I never had a problem with the rams before but now I can't wait for them to fail.

Cugel
01-18-2011, 06:50 PM
As long as nobody asks McDaniels what he thinks about Player Personnel decisions, and as long as he's told to shut up, not start feuds with the players on the roster and just do his damn job, then he'll be fine.

It's just when you put him in a position where his colossal ego can get in the way and he can pout and hold grudges, and make trade demands, that you have trouble. As long as you have a sensible head coach over him making his own decisions, then he'll probably be successful. :coffee:

Ravage!!!
01-18-2011, 06:51 PM
This P.O.S. deserved to be banned from the league. I never had a problem with the rams before but now I can't wait for them to fail.

Which sucks, because I was really enjoying watching Bradford grow in the NFL. He was proving to be a real up and coming QB that I can enjoy watching. Now I'll see him throw that lousy bubble screen offense.

Agent of Orange
01-18-2011, 06:51 PM
I wonder if the Rams will now trade Bradford?

Ravage!!!
01-18-2011, 06:53 PM

Nah.. McDoosh is only the OC. If he was hired as the HC, then Bradford would be looking for a new home.

Foochacho
01-18-2011, 06:53 PM
Wish McD would of landed another HC gig. He could of traded all his picks to us for Dick Quinn and Orton.

Ravage!!!
01-18-2011, 06:54 PM
Wish McD would of landed another HC gig. He could of traded all his picks to us for Dick Quinn and Orton.

I'll give this for McD, he's good for the league. He passes out talent to the rest of the league like nobodies business!

spikerman
01-18-2011, 06:57 PM

I hear Kyle Orton may be available.

TXBRONC
01-18-2011, 07:02 PM
As long as nobody asks McDaniels what he thinks about Player Personnel decisions, and as long as he's told to shut up, not start feuds with the players on the roster and just do his damn job, then he'll be fine.

It's just when you put him in a position where his colossal ego can get in the way and he can pout and hold grudges, and make trade demands, that you have trouble. As long as you have a sensible head coach over him making his own decisions, then he'll probably be successful. :coffee:

IIRC there were reports that when McDaniels was with the Patriots there was tension between him and Brady. If that is true was a one time thing or is there more to it.

dogfish
01-18-2011, 07:02 PM
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/8404/stevenjackson.jpg (http://img207.imageshack.us/i/stevenjackson.jpg/)

"Come on, man!"

Ravage!!!
01-18-2011, 07:03 PM
IIRC there were reports that when McDaniels was with the Patriots there was tension between him and Brady. If that is true was a one time thing or is there more to it.

Its true. THey dind't talk to one another for quite some time. McD just doesn't know how to relate to people. He thinks himself too smart.

spikerman
01-18-2011, 07:04 PM
I wonder if McD will start giving Spags tips on how to run a defense since it worked so well with Mike Nolan.

claymore
01-18-2011, 07:20 PM
I think he is a terrible OC as well. Im curious to see how he does.

TXBRONC
01-18-2011, 07:21 PM
Its true. THey dind't talk to one another for quite some time. McD just doesn't know how to relate to people. He thinks himself too smart.

Paige said in a recent article that McDaniels always acted like he was smartest man in the room.

TXBRONC
01-18-2011, 07:22 PM
I wonder if McD will start giving Spags tips on how to run a defense since it worked so well with Mike Nolan.

Not if he doesn't want to get his ass kicked.

T.K.O.
01-18-2011, 07:27 PM
rams have a D.....watch him win the mother ******* superbowl for the lambs !!!!:shocked:

Juriga72
01-18-2011, 07:29 PM
Nah.. McDoosh is only the OC. If he was hired as the HC, then Bradford would be looking for a new home.

We could get Bradford for Orton straight up.......watch

Juriga72
01-18-2011, 07:31 PM
rams have a D.....watch him win the mother ******* superbowl for the lambs !!!!:shocked:

Bellicheat (His mentor) is now 0-3 his last 3 playoff years

You think Josh can do better? Seems like alot of teams have figure out that impressive "New England O"

claymore
01-18-2011, 07:31 PM
We could get Bradford for Orton straight up.......watch

Or Tebow. Id do it in a heart beat.

PAINTERDAVE
01-18-2011, 07:34 PM
From the ESPN story..
"McDaniels was fired as the Broncos' head coach on Dec. 6 after a rocky year-plus tenure in Denver. However, Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton flourished under McDaniels' tutelage, reaching career highs in yards, touchdowns and passer ratings over two seasons with McDaniels."

The thing they failed to note was McD's/Ortons whopping 3 wins in 2010....
and the 2 - 8 record after the bye in 2009...

Juriga72
01-18-2011, 07:50 PM
From the ESPN story..
"McDaniels was fired as the Broncos' head coach on Dec. 6 after a rocky year-plus tenure in Denver. However, Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton flourished under McDaniels' tutelage, reaching career highs in yards, touchdowns and passer ratings over two seasons with McDaniels."

The thing they failed to note was McD's/Ortons whopping 3 wins in 2010....
and the 2 - 8 record after the bye in 2009...

MAYBE he "forgot" to mention that too in the interview......

chazoe60
01-18-2011, 07:52 PM
I wonder how well Bradford throws the bubble screen?

chazoe60
01-18-2011, 07:53 PM
Oh, and Stephen Jackson just became obsolete in St Louis.

dogfish
01-18-2011, 07:58 PM
aww man, **** me! i just remembered i have steven jackson in not one but both of my keeper leagues. . . this blows!

:facepalm:

chazoe60
01-18-2011, 08:00 PM
aww man, **** me! I just remembered i have steven jackson in not one but both of my keeper leagues. . . This blows!

:facepalm:

ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dzone
01-18-2011, 08:02 PM
The hoodie with the sleeves cut off on the sidelines. Wonder if St. Louis will tell him NO &%$#ing Hoodie!
Him trying to dress like bellichek was so juvenile

Dzone
01-18-2011, 08:05 PM
He has no people skills. He needs to read dale carnegie...
bring back John Ralston! Doubt anyone remembers John Ralston but he was a Bronco HC and a dale carnegie junky

silkamilkamonico
01-18-2011, 08:20 PM
******* great hire for St Louis. That offense is going to explode once they get some WR threats.

Schnauzers
01-18-2011, 08:21 PM
bring back John Ralston! Doubt anyone remembers John Ralston but he was a Bronco HC and a dale carnegie junky

i remember john ralston very well.

nevcraw
01-18-2011, 08:59 PM
1. Yes it is true --- Good things do happen to bad people

2. Stevy Jackson -- you best get your playa play card out and go get you some milky sweet Laura McDaniels in a hurry...

scott.475
01-18-2011, 09:02 PM

Josh was a student of Dale's brother Dick, the one who did "How to alienate friends and discourage people" seminars.

CoachChaz
01-18-2011, 09:09 PM
I never dwelled on any of my ex-wives this long after I left them. Get over it

TXBRONC
01-18-2011, 09:14 PM

I never dwelled on my ex-wives either, but then I've never been divorced.

nevcraw
01-18-2011, 09:26 PM

The most revealing quote of the year so far!!

jhildebrand
01-18-2011, 09:27 PM

They went 6 or 7 weeks without speaking :eek:

It was only after McD moved on at the end of the season that the nice comments came flowing.

silkamilkamonico
01-18-2011, 09:49 PM
According to this article, they went 3 weeks without speaking and the players had no idea of any tension between the 2. Sounds like a bunch of rubbish to me.

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2010/03/29/players-no-sign-of-brady-mcdaniels-feud-in-2005/

dogfish
01-18-2011, 09:51 PM

yea, but the broncos have only fired two head coaches in my adult lifetime. . . :laugh:

HORSEPOWER 56
01-18-2011, 10:09 PM
Bellicheat (His mentor) is now 0-3 his last 3 playoff years

You think Josh can do better? Seems like alot of teams have figure out that impressive "New England O"

That's because he just can't get any quality film on the opposition anymore...

What's this league coming to?

horsepig
01-18-2011, 10:21 PM

I think you just listed the main reasons you might not want this guy in your organization. He does seem to have a knack tutoring QBs though.

Agent of Orange
01-18-2011, 10:30 PM
Isn't Brandon Lloyd from St Louis? Maybe we should either sign him to a deal or trade him to St Louis soon? If we don't sign him to a deal, I can see him going there now when his deal expires.

TXBRONC
01-18-2011, 10:51 PM
According to this article, they went 3 weeks without speaking and the players had no idea of any tension between the 2. Sounds like a bunch of rubbish to me.

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2010/03/29/players-no-sign-of-brady-mcdaniels-feud-in-2005/

It doesn't sound like rubbish according to the article you provided a link for.

silkamilkamonico
01-18-2011, 11:30 PM
It doesn't sound like rubbish according to the article you provided a link for.

How so? He was QB's coach at the time, players didn't even knew there was tension and couldn't tell when they were working together, it was only 3 weeks allegedly, a player even stated he liked being around McDaniels, and Brady had very high praise from him. All this from the article I posted. That is some healthy rubbish on the McDaniels front!

Bosco
01-18-2011, 11:31 PM
That's going to be a scary good football team in a couple years.

Agent of Orange
01-18-2011, 11:34 PM
That's going to be a scary good football team in a couple years.

You should jump on their bandwagon now.

Bosco
01-18-2011, 11:40 PM
You should jump on their bandwagon now.

Why would I do that?

silkamilkamonico
01-18-2011, 11:41 PM
I'm jumping on that bandwagon. I've wanted an NFC team to cheer for for awhile. I love watching Cutler and the Bears, and after being severly disappointed with Washington, my next stop's St. Louis. Bradford is going to be amazing QB regardless of who's coaching him. It will just happen sooner with McDaniels.

Agent of Orange
01-18-2011, 11:42 PM
Why would I do that?

You're not a McDaniels fan above all else?

Superchop 7
01-18-2011, 11:43 PM
I hope they name him Head Coach.

Bosco
01-18-2011, 11:50 PM
You're not a McDaniels fan above all else?

I've got more years as a Broncos fans than you have bannings at all your various message boards...Lex/Jake Klug.

Juriga72
01-18-2011, 11:51 PM
I have to laugh at St. Louis.... I mean really. Who cares that they will now become the laughing stock of the NFL as "Hoodie Jr" runs down the field waving his arms as they close the gap to 14-59. I would tell them " GO draft a punter in the first round" to be ready for next year.

Agent of Orange
01-19-2011, 12:04 AM
I've got more years as a Broncos fans than you have bannings at all your various message boards...Lex/Jake Klug.

I don't know what this means but you should really not blame others for your problems.

Bosco
01-19-2011, 12:09 AM
I don't know what this means but you should really not blame others for your problems.

http://www.rlrouse.com/pic-of-the-day/swing-miss.jpg

Better luck next time, junior.

turftoad
01-19-2011, 12:10 AM
Thats enough fellas.

Keep it on topic and not personal.

TIA

sneakers
01-19-2011, 12:26 AM
Yawn.

Shouldn't this be in the "other teams" section?

sneakers
01-19-2011, 12:28 AM
http://www.rlrouse.com/pic-of-the-day/swing-miss.jpg

Better luck next time, junior.

No wonder he missed....he swung the bat with his eyes closed. Also, lay off the high fast ball, you can see it really well, but you will never catch up to it.

BroncoStud
01-19-2011, 09:46 AM
Like him or not it's a good hire for the Lambs. I am willing to bet McDouche learned a lot from his time here... He will probably end up being a good coach.

JaxBroncoGirl
01-19-2011, 10:36 AM
Like him or not it's a good hire for the Lambs. I am willing to bet McDouche learned a lot from his time here... He will probably end up being a good coach.

Only time will tell. I believe McD will not change. His ego got in the way in Denver and it will get in the way in St. Louis. The hoodie thing blows me a way. Belichik (sp)? looked like he just left the gym last week on TV. Can he dress a little better? Josh thinks it is ok to look like his mentor, while he looks silly as he!!.

Ban all coaches wearing hoodies!!! I wonder if Bill and Josh wear their pants on the ground too.

TXBRONC
01-19-2011, 11:54 AM
No wonder he missed....he swung the bat with his eyes closed. Also, lay off the high fast ball, you can see it really well, but you will never catch up to it.

I think your advise is a little late. :lol:

sneakers
01-20-2011, 12:26 AM
I think your advise is a little late. :lol:

The catcher could drop the ball and he could run to first...or it could just be strike one.