PDA

View Full Version : John Fox on Dan Patrick Show

Buff
01-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Not a lot of answers, mostly "we're going to evaluate those things."

The one thing that stuck out was when he was asked about resigning Champ he said "That's going to be tough." And said there were some unique challenges this year (I assume he was referring to the CBA).

Listen here: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/blog/143201/index.html

New Broncos coach John Fox joined the show to talk about how he got the job and what he plans to do in Denver.

Fox said it's too early to make a decision on who will be the starting quarterback and he plans to evaluate Tim Tebow, Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn.

Fox also said that they're in the process of trying to get Jim Mora in as defensive coordinator. They also are hoping to hire a quarterback coach within the next 24 hours.

Fox said that he does plan to use John Elway's experience as a resource for the team.

BORDERLINE
01-18-2011, 02:51 PM
so Fox hasn't said TEBOW is the guy????

isn't that some BS

Northman
01-18-2011, 02:57 PM
Nope, he said they all still need to be evaluated.

Schnauzers
01-18-2011, 03:03 PM
i suspect everyone on the team will be getting evaluated.:listen:

underrated29
01-18-2011, 03:05 PM
It would be pretty stupid imo to name a starting Qb already. Assuming we dont trade Kyle, I think it would only be smart to let them battle it out. That is what I fully expect to see also.

Montana Battlin Bear
01-18-2011, 03:17 PM
you don't publicly state your starting quarterback right now. If you publicly stated Tebow will be starter then the value of trades for Orton decreases drastically. Very smart decision by Fox and the front office

BORDERLINE
01-18-2011, 03:32 PM
It would be pretty stupid imo to name a starting Qb already. Assuming we don't trade Kyle, I think it would only be smart to let them battle it out. That is what I fully expect to see also.

i guess i'm in the minority here then...

I want Fox to come and say Tebow is our guy and we are gonna give him the tools to be a successful (by adding a damn running game)

and i also don't think that hurts Orton's trade value...Kyle Orton hurt that on his own the last 3 games he started.

underrated29
01-18-2011, 03:43 PM

I want Fox to come and say Tebow is our guy and we are gonna give him the tools to be a successful (by adding a damn running game)

and i also don't think that hurts Orton's trade value...Kyle Orton hurt that on his own the last 3 games he started.

forgetting orton and trade value altogether.

I do not think Fox would be winning the lockeroom over very well by immediately coming in and naming a starting QB. I mean, what does he know about these guys?

All he has is tape from a scheme that we are not even going to be running. I would be pissed as a player if a new HC came in and just started naming people starters without knowing anything about us. He was not here last year, he does not know and can not know everything just by watching film.

Yes, that is what the other coaches input is for and such, but really i think it would show poor judgement on his part. let them show you who is best in your system by competing.

( I should say, I agree that TT will be our starter, with or without Kyle here but you never know, this is one of those times where I think there is a process you go through and should not really deviate.)

BORDERLINE
01-18-2011, 03:54 PM
This kind of thing is what happens in Buffalo.

I swear every year they go through the same crap of not knowing who the Q.b is going to be. Fox will see game tape just like we saw the last three games and saw that Tebow can make NFL throws and can be a productive Q.B

We saw Orton have a great STAT season with a low number of wins. He can't escape rushing defenders.

You can't teach speed and elusiveness.

We have our guy in TT. Yeah he is far from perfect but, Give him all the reps none of this splitting reps crap in O.T.A's and Training Camp. Get him ready for the season.

If Champ comes back besides his and Doom all other positions should be on notice. (except the WR we are solid there)

Agent of Orange
01-18-2011, 03:58 PM

I swear every year they go through the same crap of not knowing who the Q.b is going to be. Fox will see game tape just like we saw the last three games and saw that Tebow can make NFL throws and can be a productive Q.B

We saw Orton have a great STAT season with a low number of wins. He can't escape rushing defenders.

We have our guy in TT. Yeah he is far from perfect but, Give him all the reps none of this splitting reps crap in O.T.A's and Training Camp. Get him ready for the season.

If Champ comes back besides his and Doom all other positions should be on notice. (except the WR we are solid there)

By Fox saying it will be a competition, he's created a situation where the front office needs to trade Orton...and as others have mentioned, that might be why he's saying this. But everyone knows Orton plays well on the practice field when its touch football and everythign is controlled. But we all know what matters most is what happens when its live bullets. So, if he says its competition based on the practice field, this alone could undermine the team in terms of its performance on the field and in terms of fan support. Everyone knows who is the truth when it's live bullets.

So, the Broncos really need to trade Orton, if for no other reason, to not box Fox in to starting the best guy on the practice field.

vettesplus
01-18-2011, 04:07 PM
By Fox saying it will be a competition, he's created a situation where the front office needs to trade Orton...and as others have mentioned, that might be why he's saying this. But everyone knows Orton plays well on the practice field when its touch football and everythign is controlled. But we all know what matters most is what happens when its live bullets. So, if he says its competition based on the practice field, this alone could undermine the team in terms of its performance on the field and in terms of fan support. Everyone knows who is the truth when it's live bullets.

So, the Broncos really need to trade Orton, if for no other reason, to not box Fox in to starting the best guy on the practice field.

Did you not watch Orton's first 6 or 7 games, some pretty impressive stats with what he had to work with....

Agent of Orange
01-18-2011, 04:19 PM
Did you not watch Orton's first 6 or 7 games, some pretty impressive stats with what he had to work with....

Yeah, he had good stats and thats hopefully what will make him impressive to trade. A lot of the stats were in garbage time and more times than not, Orton pissed down his leg when games were winnable. Orton is better suited for a team that has other things, like Miami, SF, or Minnesota.

TXBRONC
01-18-2011, 04:23 PM
He's not going to tip his hand if the Broncos are going to trade Orton I'm not surprised that he's not saying anything right now.

dogfish
01-18-2011, 04:25 PM
did he do any stupid human tricks, or anything cool like that?

rcsodak
01-18-2011, 04:54 PM
did he do any stupid human tricks, or anything cool like that?where's your YouTube of those, dog.....I can't find it.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Denver Native (Carol)
01-18-2011, 06:08 PM
He's not going to tip his hand if the Broncos are going to trade Orton I'm not surprised that he's not saying anything right now.

I agree - and it's ONLY January 18th!!!!!!

turftoad
01-18-2011, 06:16 PM
did he do any stupid human tricks, or anything cool like that?

Has he pissed off any of our star players yet??

Wait.......... McFired did that already so we don't have any left. :shocked: Sorry.

dogfish
01-18-2011, 06:33 PM
Has he pissed off any of our star players yet??

Wait.......... McFired did that already so we don't have any left. :shocked: Sorry.

still got doom and clady. . . though not surprisingly, some of our idiot fans are convinced that trading doom should be fox's first order of business. . . .

:lol:

:frusty:

Foochacho
01-18-2011, 06:40 PM
still got doom and clady. . . though not surprisingly, some of our idiot fans are convinced that trading doom should be fox's first order of business. . . .

:lol:

:frusty:

I guess when you hang around retards(McDaniels) for too long a little of it can rub off on you.

BroncoNut
01-18-2011, 07:01 PM
I'm sure everyone's heard that Cable was let go. I am kinda surprised I havent' seen mention on this. Not to change the topic, but it is kinda related, or could be. what do you folks think about all of that?

broncobryce
01-18-2011, 07:18 PM
I'm sure everyone's heard that Cable was let go. I am kinda surprised I havent' seen mention on this. Not to change the topic, but it is kinda related, or could be. what do you folks think about all of that?

Just read Cable is now with the seahawks.

claymore
01-18-2011, 07:24 PM

I want him to come out and say every spot on the roster will be earned. Draft status doesnt count.

chazoe60
01-18-2011, 07:32 PM
It doesn't matter that he hasn't declared Tebow the starter yet because by the time the first game rolls around Tebow will have proven he is the better man for the job anyway. Look at how much more competitive we were with Tebow at the helm against 2 common opponents even.

It's pretty apparent when watching the film which player is better for this franchise. And I feel Orton's attitude will do nothing but decline which will force the hands of the staff and the loser won't be on the roster by week 1 regardless.

claymore
01-18-2011, 07:36 PM
It doesn't matter that he hasn't declared Tebow the starter yet because by the time the first game rolls around Tebow will have proven he is the better man for the job anyway. Look at how much more competitive we were with Tebow at the helm against 2 common opponents even.

It's pretty apparent when watching the film which player is better for this franchise. And I feel Orton's attitude will do nothing but decline which will force the hands of the staff and the loser won't be on the roster by week 1 regardless.

Orton won his first 6 games. Look how he is looked at now.

Point being... 3 games isnt large enough of a snap shot to know what we have in Tebow.

chazoe60
01-18-2011, 07:38 PM
Orton won his first 6 games. Look how he is looked at now.

Point being... 3 games isnt large enough of a snap shot to know what we have in Tebow.

I understand that. My bigger point is that 29 games of Orton is plenty to know what we have with him.

dogfish
01-18-2011, 07:44 PM

well now we know why McD wanted to go to the rams instead-- he didn't want to have to hear "59-14, beeyotch" every day at work. . . :lol:

BroncoNut
01-18-2011, 07:53 PM

thanks for that update Bryce. man, that was quick. I just heard today though, so not sure how quick it really was

claymore
01-18-2011, 07:54 PM
I understand that. My bigger point is that 29 games of Orton is plenty to know what we have with him.

Yeah, I can agree with that.

Dzone
01-18-2011, 08:32 PM
If they asked Spagnola who his starting QB is going to be next year, do you think he would say he needs to wait and evaluate?
I will give Fox a break since he is brand new to the job here. Orton is going to be good trade bate based on his inflated 2010 stats...its not going to matter if Tebow is named the starter. Teams are desperate for quarterbacks and some team is going to be stupid and trade for Orton

silkamilkamonico
01-18-2011, 08:37 PM
If they asked Spagnola who his starting QB is going to be next year, do you think he would say he needs to wait and evaluate?
I will give Fox a break since he is brand new to the job here. Orton is going to be good trade bate based on his inflated 2010 stats...its not going to matter if Tebow is named the starter. Teams are desperate for quarterbacks and some team is going to be stupid and trade for Orton

That's obviously clear cut.

At this point, the only reason Tebow has an argument is because of the investment made in him. Nothing more nothing less.

Bradford was the best QB on their roster from the beginning of the season. Tebow was not.

Dzone
01-18-2011, 08:37 PM
When Orton gets traded we will have cleansed this team of all the arrogant jerks!

horsepig
01-18-2011, 08:51 PM

I really think the new FO has a much better grip on what the ultimate bill payers want. It's definitely TT. If they start Orton for game 1 next year the fans will be going to tailgate parties at dirty Uncle Ernies house rather than going to the stadium.

They also seem to want to let us know a little more of just what the Hell is going on at Dove Valley, a welcome change in my mind.

JaxBroncoGirl
01-18-2011, 09:06 PM
so Fox hasn't said TEBOW is the guy????

isn't that some BS

I think Fox already knows that the team, coaches and the OWNER wants Tebow to play. That was Mcclumsys fault, probably started the downward spiral for McClumsy along with Spygate II.

Fox has already been TOLD who will be playing QB and his name is not Orton.

EMB6903
01-18-2011, 11:49 PM

I think its safe to say that Tebow will be the clear cut starter next year whether or not Fox says it or not.
As previous stated its for trade value purposes only.

Also its not like Tebow has earned the right to be a starter. as good as he played in those 3 games its still only 3 games.

gobroncsnv
01-19-2011, 07:47 AM
Fox has already been TOLD who will be playing QB and his name is not Orton.

Well just GREAT! We're now the Raiders.... Don't give the coach any say about who plays and when...