PDA

View Full Version : Lloyd live

rcsodak
01-18-2011, 01:55 PM
Brandon lloyd on SIRIUS.
Asked about team needs...says getting to the QB with 4 people...not needing to send the house. Lol. #1 priority,
Says with Champ a question mark, a shutdown corner or help behind him.
Says Tebow wow'd him and he's impressed thus far.
Agreed TT needed to play...out of contention,2 bad games by Kyle, 1st rd pick, best college QB of maybe all-time. Says TT needed it to have idea of game speed, what to work on, etc, going into offseason. Says Kyle was having a great year, and was hurt to be benched without losing it by way of competition.
When asked why he didn't do this well in SF/Wash, he said Nolan/McCarthy never showed they believed in him. Only had 47 catches there shows it. Says they never said" don't worry about drops, fumbles, wrong routes, just do your thing and we'll get you the rock." But thats exactly what KO/McD told him. In Wash, he was brought in to take pressure off of Moss but that never happened because Saunders proceeded to try develop Cooley.

Click on link to vote for Brandon. It's getting the most value for their pay. Of course, for you Hillis homers, he's a finalist as well. lol
Www.Topvalueperformer.com
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

rcsodak
01-18-2011, 02:02 PM
Says being targeted 50-60x isn't 'believing in him'...having $$ thrown at him wasn't either.
Asked of his opinion on fox, he's not met him yet but agent texted him and said he'll be great for him so he's excited.
-click on link to vote for Lloyd"

Northman
01-18-2011, 02:12 PM
Good, Lloyd will have a chance to prove that he isnt a one hit wonder this year. Go Broncos!

underrated29
01-18-2011, 02:15 PM
I really like lloyd. More and more. The guy seems to be really smart. He can assess his teams, coaches and motives very accurately. He also is not afraid to tell it like it is. Which is one thing I love about people who do, and strongly dislike about those who do not.

It also seems that all he was ever missing was his confidence. He has it back now and it does not look like he will be losing it any time soon either.

Glad he is a bronco.

cuzz4169
01-18-2011, 02:24 PM
The thing I love about Lloyd is his willingness to talk to radio people and fans and not just about himself...you can tell this guy is a regular guy...and its cool bc he follows me on twitter lol.

MileHighCrew
01-18-2011, 02:30 PM
Although I hope he can have another great season with Denver, he just comes across as a jerk to me. Hard to see him as a team player. Fix the D, Orton a problem, don't start Tebow. all said by Brandon at one time or another. Sure they might have all had merit but not something I would want my star WR talking to the media about.

honz
01-18-2011, 02:36 PM
Haha, now everyone likes Lloyd since he stopped backing Orton fully. Hmmmm...

Northman
01-18-2011, 02:37 PM
I dont care for him all that much personally. He would have to do a lot more to gain my respect as far as a player.

honz
01-18-2011, 02:37 PM
Although I hope he can have another great season with Denver, he just comes across as a jerk to me. Hard to see him as a team player. Fix the D, Orton a problem, don't start Tebow. all said by Brandon at one time or another. Sure they might have all had merit but not something I would want my star WR talking to the media about.
He never said two of those things, and my 6 month old 2nd cousin tells me the other every time we talk about the Broncos.

rcsodak
01-18-2011, 03:15 PM
Lloyd has not said anything bad of Orton....was just giving hid opinion on why the move was made. And he's always been confident in his abilities....

silkamilkamonico
01-18-2011, 03:36 PM
Lloyd has not said anything bad of Orton....was just giving hid opinion on why the move was made. And he's always been confident in his abilities....

Yea I don't see a big deal with it. I remember when Cutler threw his entire defense under the bus, and people said it was ok because he was just speaking the truth (I agreed) as far as he saw it. Lloyd is just speaking the truth as far as he sees it here as well.

SR
01-18-2011, 05:02 PM
I dont care for him all that much personally. He would have to do a lot more to gain my respect as far as a player.

Pretty much. I'd rather he played less and Thomas played more.

SR
01-18-2011, 05:03 PM
Yea I don't see a big deal with it. I remember when Cutler threw his entire defense under the bus, and people said it was ok because he was just speaking the truth (I agreed) as far as he saw it. Lloyd is just speaking the truth as far as he sees it here as well.

Truth isn't as one person sees it. Truth is concrete. Him speaking his "truth" is equivalent of him voicing his opinion. You know what people say about opinions...

rcsodak
01-18-2011, 05:12 PM
Pretty much. I'd rather he played less and Thomas played more.sometimes you just make no sense, ingRed.....

honz
01-18-2011, 05:15 PM

He had arguably the best season of any WR in the league and you want him on the field less? Why? Bench Gaffney or Royal for Thomas, not our most productive WR.

rationalfan
01-18-2011, 05:22 PM
The thing I love about Lloyd is his willingness to talk to radio people and fans and not just about himself...you can tell this guy is a regular guy...and its cool bc he follows me on twitter lol.

gotta disagree. the reason i like lloyd is because he's NOT a regular guy. he's not dropping cliches into interviews. he doesn't ignore the media like most of his teammates. he doesn't say the least offensive thing just to fit in. he's a man who uses his brain on and off the field.

i hope he's a bronco for a long time.

SR
01-18-2011, 05:23 PM
He had arguably the best season of any WR in the league and you want him on the field less? Why? Bench Gaffney or Royal for Thomas, not our most productive WR.

That statement wasn't very well thought out. It's the end of a long day. Cut me some slack. :eek:

silkamilkamonico
01-18-2011, 05:25 PM
Truth isn't as one person sees it. Truth is concrete. Him speaking his "truth" is equivalent of him voicing his opinion. You know what people say about opinions...

I can replace truth with opinion, and there is still absolutely nothing wrong with him giving his opinion on how he sees Denver's situation. Absolutyely nothing wrong at all, and he isn't throwing anyone under the bus whatsoever with those comments, IMHO.

rationalfan
01-18-2011, 05:25 PM

like what? gain 1700 yards receiving and 17 touchdowns?

from a pure production standpoint, every broncos fan should LOVE lloyd. unless, of course, you hate deep pass plays, touchdown passes and highlight reel catches that happen every week.

honz
01-18-2011, 05:31 PM
That statement wasn't very well thought out. It's the end of a long day. Cut me some slack. :eek:
No, I just woke up in my Mom's basement and am ready to take some names and kick some ass on the internet. Now man up!!! :hotcarl:

silkamilkamonico
01-18-2011, 05:33 PM

from a pure production standpoint, every broncos fan should LOVE lloyd. unless, of course, you hate deep pass plays, touchdown passes and highlight reel catches that happen every week.

Completely agree. In a season full of chaos and turmoil, he was probably the one single bright spot for Denver fans.

Northman
01-18-2011, 05:52 PM

Like more than one year in a pass heavy offense. Like is said (if you can read correctly) i want to see more than one year with this production. Not much to ask really.

BroncoWave
01-18-2011, 06:10 PM
Like more than one year in a pass heavy offense. Like is said (if you can read correctly) i want to see more than one year with this production. Not much to ask really.

I want EVERY player to preform well next year, as does every Broncos fan, coach, exec, player, etc. That goes without saying. What's wrong with appreciating what Lloyd did this season without qualifying it with "well he has to still preform well next year"? Every player needs to perform well next year, but I don't think it's necessary to bring that up every time Lloyd is discussed.

BroncoBJ
01-18-2011, 06:18 PM

I'd rather Thomas get healthy and see him on the field more. A lloyd/Thomas 1-2 punch would be nice to watch.

Don't really want our only pro bowl player to play less though. :coffee:

SR
01-18-2011, 06:23 PM

How many wins did the Broncos have this year? I forgot to watch the games. Thanks.

rationalfan
01-18-2011, 06:59 PM

i can respect that. but why jump on the jock of a rookie without the same rationale of patience? not saying you're guilty of that, but for whatever reason so many fans appreciate potential more than production. lloyd produced. and i'm rewarding him with my appreciation.

rationalfan
01-18-2011, 06:59 PM
How many wins did the Broncos have this year? I forgot to watch the games. Thanks.

regardless of wins, lloyd was still outstanding.

broncobryce
01-18-2011, 07:10 PM
Lloyd was outstanding. Just wait until Tebow and him play together more. They were already starting to click at the end of the year. I would also like to see Thomas step up. He's got all the physical tools and he is smart, so it's just a matter of time.

SR
01-18-2011, 07:20 PM
regardless of wins, lloyd was still outstanding.

Yeah, he was pretty damn impressive. I guess in a season full of dark spots, one bright spot is always a plus.

Northman
01-18-2011, 09:06 PM
I want EVERY player to preform well next year, as does every Broncos fan, coach, exec, player, etc. That goes without saying. What's wrong with appreciating what Lloyd did this season without qualifying it with "well he has to still preform well next year"? Every player needs to perform well next year, but I don't think it's necessary to bring that up every time Lloyd is discussed.

I have shown appreciation for what Lloyd has done but does it mean i have to kiss his ass and make it like he is a HOF'r already? Its a two way street BTB.

TXBRONC
01-18-2011, 09:11 PM
Switching gears, the guy Fox has hired to be the wide receivers coach seems to have reputation for developing receivers.

rcsodak
01-18-2011, 09:22 PM

:laugh:
Prolly cuz he said Lloyd sucked from the get-go, was proven otherwise, and hasn't shown the ability to ever acknowledge the fact that he was wrong.

Or your idea. :D

Northman
01-18-2011, 09:27 PM
:laugh:
Prolly cuz he said Lloyd sucked from the get-go, was proven otherwise, and hasn't shown the ability to ever acknowledge the fact that he was wrong.

Or your idea. :D

Or you can just read a little further, but i know thats too much to ask.

rcsodak
01-18-2011, 09:30 PM
Good, Lloyd will have a chance to prove that he isnt a one hit wonder this year. Go Broncos!

Taking the snide/childish remark into account, one might point out that in one of your above posts, you DID allude to the "one...year"....

....but then you went off on a tangent (without so much as a reason, btw), and yet expect fellow posters to remember your earlier post?

Think I'll stick with my reasoning. :lol:

rcsodak
01-18-2011, 09:36 PM

Rough day, huh?
Taking away the player with the MOST receiving yards, and the MOST TD's, is somehow going to help them win more games?

:confused:

Northman
01-18-2011, 09:39 PM
Taking the snide/childish remark into account, one might point out that in one of your above posts, you DID allude to the "one...year"....

....but then you went off on a tangent (without so much as a reason, btw), and yet expect fellow posters to remember your earlier post?

Think I'll stick with my reasoning. :lol:

Well, the good news for me is your reasoning has always sucked. ;)

rcsodak
01-19-2011, 10:16 AM
More from Lloyd....
Asked why McD failed, he said his plate was" too full". He thought trying to lead the team, negotiating contracts and dabbling in personnel.....its hard to 'make a player better', while telling him he's not worth X amount of dollars. You do all that, "you lose your players".

GEM
01-19-2011, 11:04 AM
More from Lloyd....
Asked why McD failed, he said his plate was" too full". He thought trying to lead the team, negotiating contracts and dabbling in personnel.....its hard to 'make a player better', while telling him he's not worth X amount of dollars. You do all that, "you lose your players".

:confused: He was negotiating contracts? I thought Xanders was the numbers guy? Wow....if that's true, what the hell did we pay Xanders for exactly?

Northman
01-19-2011, 11:25 AM
:confused: He was negotiating contracts? I thought Xanders was the numbers guy? Wow....if that's true, what the hell did we pay Xanders for exactly?

Obviously nothing. :lol:

TXBRONC
01-19-2011, 11:33 AM

It's rumored for quite some time that it was McDaniels who pulled the plug on the contract offer to Bailey.

BroncoStud
01-19-2011, 12:02 PM
I can't recall ever watching a season in which 1 WR made so many amazingly acrobatic catches, CLUTCH catches for his team. I don't care what Lloyd has done on the field up to 2010, he was incredible this season and will be a huge part of developing Tebow going forward.

Denver needs to lock him up and feel blessed that he has discovered himself here. Who would have thought that Brandon Marshall would leave and Denver would have a BETTER WR on the roster to replace him with?

Lloyd is awesome.

rcsodak
01-19-2011, 12:14 PM
It's rumored for quite some time that it was McDaniels who pulled the plug on the contract offer to Bailey.

Just the opposite of what I've seen/heard. And if that's the case, why isn't it done now? You hear that from a McD hater? Lol

BroncoStud
01-19-2011, 12:15 PM
Just the opposite of what I've seen/heard. And if that's the case, why isn't it done now? You hear that from a McD hater? Lol

Who likes McDaniels? :elefant:

rationalfan
01-19-2011, 11:43 PM
More from Lloyd....

schlereth recently said the same thing about shanahan, said he lost respect for shanny because he allowed stink to play through a serious injury; then when the season was over and stink wanted more money shanny lowballed him and said something like "no one will pay you any more because you won't be able to pass a team's physical after playing with that injury."

each anecdote reinforces the advocation of separating coaching and business.

underrated29
01-20-2011, 12:39 AM
schlereth recently said the same thing about shanahan, said he lost respect for shanny because he allowed stink to play through a serious injury; then when the season was over and stink wanted more money shanny lowballed him and said something like "no one will pay you any more because you won't be able to pass a team's physical after playing with that injury."

each anecdote reinforces the advocation of separating coaching and business.

Yes, you are correct. I listened to that too. This is what stink had to say (paraphrasing, but i am close)

Schlereth had just come back from knee surgery, came back early. Then against Tampa or the raiders- cant remember which team- stinks knee starting acting up. Stink tried to come out but shanny said to him "hey I need you to stay in the game. I only have a rookie to back you up and warren sapp is going to eat him alive. You need to get back in there for me."

So stink did, risked further injury and played through the pain etc. Then at the end of the year when stink was negotiating, shanny, the same guy who stink just did a major favor for earlier in the year told him here is his contract at minimum price or whatever- and it is because no team is going to sign him because he wont pass their physical.

Schlereth stuck his butt out there for shanny and got repaid with a lowball contract. He did not like this and feels that is why no coach should also act as GM....What we saw with Josh further backs this up.

rcsodak
01-20-2011, 09:37 AM
I believe the HC should have say in personnel, who he'll ultimately be coaching, but the money part should be OFF-limits to him.

TXBRONC
01-20-2011, 09:43 AM
I believe the HC should have say in personnel, who he'll ultimately be coaching, but the money part should be OFF-limits to him.

Get your defibrillator ready, I agree.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-20-2011, 09:50 AM

The way I see it, he does even if he doesn't get the final FA/draft decision. I can't imagine he won't at least be consulted... that's why there's always a "war room" it just depends on who the "general" is. In Oakland, it's Al Davis. In Dallas, it's Jerry Jones. In Denver it's been either Shanahan or McDaniels and now it's Elway/Xanders.

The ultimate power comes with the coach and who he decides to play or not once the roster is set. Typically, the coaches (and I have no reason to believe it will be different with Fox) have absolute control over who dresses, starts, etc on Sunday.

I'd prefer the GM (in our case, GM/exec VP) have total control over FA/the draft etc while taking input from the coaching staff and allowing the coaches to decide what to do with the players provided them. You really can't have it both ways. If the owners and GMs are dictating to the coaches who they will and won't play, it's just as much a problem as the coaches dictating who they will or won't sign. Al Davis is famous for this with his "he's a great QB, deal with it" while forcing his coaches to play Jawalrus.

I prefer the coach get that "power" over personnel.

TXBRONC
01-20-2011, 10:18 AM
The way I see it, he does even if he doesn't get the final FA/draft decision. I can't imagine he won't at least be consulted... that's why there's always a "war room" it just depends on who the "general" is. In Oakland, it's Al Davis. In Dallas, it's Jerry Jones. In Denver it's been either Shanahan or McDaniels and now it's Elway/Xanders.

The ultimate power comes with the coach and who he decides to play or not once the roster is set. Typically, the coaches (and I have no reason to believe it will be different with Fox) have absolute control over who dresses, starts, etc on Sunday.

I'd prefer the GM (in our case, GM/exec VP) have total control over FA/the draft etc while taking input from the coaching staff and allowing the coaches to decide what to do with the players provided them. You really can't have it both ways. If the owners and GMs are dictating to the coaches who they will and won't play, it's just as much a problem as the coaches dictating who they will or won't sign. Al Davis is famous for this with his "he's a great QB, deal with it" while forcing his coaches to play Jawalrus.

I prefer the coach get that "power" over personnel.

Paige gets into this issue in today's Mailbag. Obviously controll over the roster and who dresses and sits is his domain as well as who is and is not on the coaching staff. He also have a major say who they select in the draft and what free agentst going to bring in. The way Paige understands the structure is that Fox has his say and Xanders has his and if they differ Elway breaks the tie and with both the draft and free agents if IIRC.