PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Mailbag:

TXBRONC
01-18-2011, 09:37 AM
Broncos Mailbag: Too soon for forecasting Fox's impact?
The Denver Post
Posted: 01/18/2011 01:00:00 AM MST
Updated: 01/18/2011 01:04:50 AM MST

Josh McDaniels continues to wreck the Broncos. The hiring of Fox as coach is a knee-jerk reaction to McDaniels' failures. Having been burned by the promising yet unproven prodigy, they chose a seasoned yet unremarkable veteran. Thoughts?
Geoff, Denver

Geoff - I agree with you that Fox was a reaction. But as you can tell from the way I've answered this mailbag till now, I believe there's a chance the Broncos made a good hire. Fox is not too young, as McDaniels was. He is not inexperienced, as McDaniels was. But I don't call this a knee-jerk reaction. I call this learning from mistakes.

What I like most about the Fox hire is he's a defensive-oriented coach. I didn't think Pat Bowlen had it in him. His history had demonstrated a preference for dynamic offensive-minded head coaches. Bowlen not only likes to win, but he also likes to win with sizzle.

This hire, though, says the Broncos finally recognized that for the sake of their young quarterback Tim Tebow, they needed to make defense a priority.

And all defensive-minded head coaches want their offense to run the ball. The best defense, after all, is a defense standing on the sideline watching its offense play.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncosmailbag/ci_17120033

This Q & A was from about the middle of the article. I encourage you to check out the rest of the Mailbag there is pretty interesting stuff in there.

Agent of Orange
01-18-2011, 09:39 AM
Mike Klis is too much to take. His content is garbage.

TXBRONC
01-18-2011, 09:58 AM
Mike Klis is too much to take. His content is garbage.

I think he has good content sometimes.

Dirk
01-18-2011, 10:27 AM
I think he has good content sometimes.

Sometimes he does. But when he is off....he is really off.

rcsodak
01-18-2011, 10:31 AM
Well, if he's right, Capers should want OUT of GB.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums