PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Running Game

Tebow4Ever
09-17-2008, 02:58 PM
Alot has been said of the recievers and how great of a job Cutler is doing. Deservedly so.However I figured It would be a good idea to take a look at the running backs situation.
==
Through two games. Denver is ranked 10th overall with 143.0 Yard per game.7th with an average per carry of 4.9. FIRST with TD's at 4. Near the middle of the pack with 3 fumbles and also 11th with 58 total attempts on the ground. Not too bad I think. Considering that we are definately using a RB by committee. I appreciate the effort Pittman has given us with his 3 TD's. Definately a plus there on the goal line and thats without Peyton Hillis having seen any touches in that area as of yet. The carries are definately being split down the middle with Young,Hall,and Pittman..

Selvin Young-15 Attempts 114 Yards 7.6 AVG 1 TD
Andre Hall-17 Attempts 92 Yards 5.4 AVG 0 TD
Michael Pittman-14 Attempts 42 Yards 3.0 AVG 3TD

Not too bad for the main RB's. I remember in the past Shanahan has said he would feel very good about his RB's averaging 5.0 Yards a carry. We are most definately doing that. Pittman brings that down, But seeing as he is the red zone back its understandable. We are doing pretty well so far. Add that to the definate speed Cutler has when he needs to scramble and I think its safe to say our RB group deserves some more credit. We are known as a running team. But after really having looked at the stats. We are not JUST a passing team now. We can definately still toat that rock when we need to. The offensive line is only going to get better over time and these guys will definately benefit from it.

LoyalSoldier
09-17-2008, 03:21 PM
That has a lot to do with how the line is blocking. They are doing insanely well in both pass and run blocking. Also since Cutler is now a huge threat teams can't stack the box at all.

shank
09-17-2008, 03:25 PM
i'm not worried about it now, but getting a stud RB in the next year or two could make our offense historically good. :salute:

honz
09-17-2008, 03:37 PM
I wonder what Torain's role will be once he comes back. I will definitely be excited to see him in action and see if he will live up to the hype he was getting during training camp. All aboard the Torain Train!

underrated29
09-17-2008, 04:27 PM
Ok i just a huge swig of the kool aid here, but think about this for a minute. We right now have the number 1 offense. Not only is it #1 but we are putting up 40 pts a game. Thats a freaking ton.

With all that, most of us true fans would say that our running game is not up to par with what it normally is or what we are used to.

So think about it. IF torain comes back and he is as good as shanny says, and has been reported in tc- I dont know how we dont go SB.

We put up even 30pts a game avg. Add Torains, power and speed (old running game) and Screw the defense. If Torain is the next TD/Portis etc. I dont know how anyone can stop us. Seriously.

Npba900
09-17-2008, 04:39 PM
So long as Denver can run the ball to take time off the clock and keep opposing offenses on the sideline when the weather gets bad in November-January, this team has a great chance of going to SB.

A top 5 Passing and running attack will off set a lousy Defense.

omac
09-17-2008, 05:29 PM
Ok i just a huge swig of the kool aid here, but think about this for a minute. We right now have the number 1 offense. Not only is it #1 but we are putting up 40 pts a game. Thats a freaking ton.

With all that, most of us true fans would say that our running game is not up to par with what it normally is or what we are used to.

So think about it. IF torain comes back and he is as good as shanny says, and has been reported in tc- I dont know how we dont go SB.

We put up even 30pts a game avg. Add Torains, power and speed (old running game) and Screw the defense. If Torain is the next TD/Portis etc. I dont know how anyone can stop us. Seriously.

Hey, I'll take some of that kool aid! :cheers:

Btw, nice post, MattWood! :salute:

I think our rushing attack has been helped by our potent passing attack, but you are right, it has been effective when it needed to be, and our rushing TDs are always welcome. And like underrated29 said, if Torain is what Shanny says he is, that's a tough offense to stop. :cool:

Tebow4Ever
09-17-2008, 07:12 PM
appreciate it Omac, Thanks!

Hey, I'll take some of that kool aid! :cheers:

Btw, nice post, MattWood! :salute:

I think our rushing attack has been helped by our potent passing attack, but you are right, it has been effective when it needed to be, and our rushing TDs are always welcome. And like underrated29 said, if Torain is what Shanny says he is, that's a tough offense to stop. :cool:

broncofaninfla
09-18-2008, 09:02 AM
Honetsly I like the way our RB's are playing, they are getting the job done. Just think later in the season we'll get the "Pain Train" back so we can add a power running game dynamic as well.

Dreadnought
09-18-2008, 01:35 PM
I am very satisfied with our RBBC system in place now. I keep waffling between Hall and Young, which is a good problem to have when its caused by both guys playing very well. I seriously hope Torain can add to this, but in any event I'd like to see safety, MLB, DT and even a replacement for Patrick Ramsey addressed before we ever even consider another RB. The guys we have on the roster now can get it done with this line and passing attack to support them.