PDA

View Full Version : All Time Franchise Power Rankings

drewloc
09-17-2008, 01:25 PM
I found this while browsing through espn.com. Thought it was pretty interesting. Has the Broncos as 5th all time.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=nflrankings/1-10/080917

Here is the info on the Broncos

Although the Broncos didn't break into the championship club until the 1997 season, Denver has been a model of consistency. Only the Cowboys have played in more Super Bowls, and only once has Denver failed to win at least five games in a nonstrike season since 1970. Under coach Mike Shanahan, Denver has a regular-season record of 130-78 (.625) with two Super Bowl victories and a 20-6 mark against the hated Raiders. Shannon Sharpe leads the Broncos with four first-team All-Pro selections. Surprisingly, John Elway never was an All-Pro first-teamer, although he was named to nine Pro Bowl squads.

weazel
09-17-2008, 09:34 PM
I found this while browsing through espn.com. Thought it was pretty interesting. Has the Broncos as 5th all time.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=nflrankings/1-10/080917

Here is the info on the Broncos

Although the Broncos didn't break into the championship club until the 1997 season, Denver has been a model of consistency. Only the Cowboys have played in more Super Bowls, and only once has Denver failed to win at least five games in a nonstrike season since 1970. Under coach Mike Shanahan, Denver has a regular-season record of 130-78 (.625) with two Super Bowl victories and a 20-6 mark against the hated Raiders. Shannon Sharpe leads the Broncos with four first-team All-Pro selections. Surprisingly, John Elway never was an All-Pro first-teamer, although he was named to nine Pro Bowl squads.

are you F'n kidding me?

BCJ
09-18-2008, 04:05 PM
Pretty good group at the top 5 but please dont tell me the Dolphins are ahead of us based on MNF appearances and All Pros. How can we compete with All Pros when our great franchise only has two HOFers and one of them was on his way before he got to Denver! Simon Fletcher got robbed every year he was one of the top sack guys. We should be #4 when you only include the most important catagories. MNF counts? puhleeeaze!

UnderArmour
09-18-2008, 04:11 PM
Whoops

Buff
09-18-2008, 04:15 PM
are you F'n kidding me?

Effing Dan Marino.

LRtagger
09-18-2008, 04:20 PM
17-0. Chargers have how many Rings? 1 appearance? How many playoff wins? You have nothing on the Dolphins as a franchise. You don't belong in this conversation. Chargers have sucked as a franchise for a long time. Scram.

Uhhh I think he is a Broncos fan. His avatar is making fun of the Sparklers :D

BCJ
09-18-2008, 04:27 PM
17-0. Chargers have how many Rings? 1 appearance? How many playoff wins? You have nothing on the Dolphins as a franchise. You don't belong in this conversation. Chargers have sucked as a franchise for a long time. Scram.

You got be a complete moron thinking i was talking about the Chargers being #5. Why dont you first, read the article and realize WE are #5 and should be #4 and second, know your broncos as I stated WE have only two in the HOF and Simon Fletcher never got recognition. Go read newbie Broncos fan on the history of your team and in the meantime.....scram. What a douchebag.

EDIT: Next time read my sig and adopt a bronco for more proof.

UnderArmour
09-18-2008, 06:16 PM
You got be a complete moron thinking i was talking about the Chargers being #5. Why dont you first, read the article and realize WE are #5 and should be #4 and second, know your broncos as I stated WE have only two in the HOF and Simon Fletcher never got recognition. Go read newbie Broncos fan on the history of your team and in the meantime.....scram. What a douchebag.

Whoops.... Knew it was too good to be true. My first read is Avatar, 2nd read is pic in sig. My mistake.

Denver27og
09-18-2008, 06:17 PM

hahah too funny... nice sig by the way

BCJ
09-18-2008, 07:02 PM
Whoops.... Knew it was too good to be true. My first read is Avatar, 2nd read is pic in sig. My mistake.

apology accepted. You are only half a douche now. :beer:

Devilspawn
09-18-2008, 07:08 PM
Seems fair. Considering how the last five years my franchise has looked and still place 6th is saying something. The losing has taken away so much, being the franchise with the highest win % in sports (Celtics passed us in 2005) highest Monday Night % (Miami passed us in 2006) all that other stuff. Shows how hard that fall from grace was for my gang.