PDA

View Full Version : Will no. 15 get 6 years?

lgenf
01-16-2011, 10:26 PM
So Aaron Rodgers looked pretty damn good this weekend and I was thinking, wow I know he sat for the first couple of years behind Favre but how long has he been in the league?

Well the answer is 6 years

if you want the stats you can go to this link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Rodgers

now, he did sit for 3 years and has made the best of it for these last 3 for sure.

I am no GB fan but he is playing at an extremely high level and I can only hope TT can take the Broncos to that level in the next 4-6 years, but will he get the time?

Are there too many people that want to see him fail to give him the time needed to develop?

Will the new regime have the time and patience to let him develop?

Will the fans?

Not saying he will even be a Rodgers, but in watching Sanchez today in the Jets game, in year 2 he is playing OK and with a good team around him they are 1 of 4 left playing this year, that is pretty damn good.

No need to be ELITE kid, just keep working each day and be better then yesterday, crap who the hell am I to tell that kid how to succeed

I just hope we get there with this new leadership

spikerman
01-16-2011, 10:32 PM
I would guess that it depends on if the coaches see him progressing. If he reaches a point where the coaches feel he's peaked and he's still not ready then I imagine they would look for alternatives. I'm going to be very curious to see how the new regime uses him. I think we (the fans) will be able to tell pretty quickly just how much they believe he can be a successful NFL QB.

UnderArmour
01-16-2011, 10:58 PM
It's really sad. When I read the title, I was still thinking that Marshall was still #15 and he was on trial for something and facing 6 years in prison.

cardoso
01-16-2011, 11:16 PM
All this he can't play is a bunch of bull created by the media. Anyone who says Tebow can't play qb even after watching his first three games is just a plain idiot.

spikerman
01-16-2011, 11:23 PM
All this he can't play is a bunch of bull created by the media. Anyone who says Tebow can't play qb even after watching his first three games is just a plain idiot.

I don't think anybody is saying he can't play, but I think the general consensus among football "people", including the Broncos' braintrust, ie. Elway and Fox, is that he has a long way to go to be a consistent NFL quarterback.

cardoso
01-16-2011, 11:32 PM
I don't think anybody is saying he can't play, but I think the general consensus among football "people", including the Broncos' braintrust, ie. Elway and Fox, is that he has a long way to go to be a consistent NFL quarterback.

He was pretty darn consistent in his first three starts in a horrible situation with no ruining game defense or offensive line. He looked pretty good in preseason to. I've seen enough to believe and know he will be good. Football people also praised people like Alex Smith lineart and young. I don't really care what these so called football people say. I've seen enough to believe in Tebow.

Juriga72
01-16-2011, 11:47 PM

Kyle does not comment on the play of others.....

spikerman
01-16-2011, 11:49 PM
He was pretty darn consistent in his first three starts in a horrible situation with no ruining game defense or offensive line. He looked pretty good in preseason to. I've seen enough to believe and know he will be good. Football people also praised people like Alex Smith lineart and young. I don't really care what these so called football people say. I've seen enough to believe in Tebow.

your optimism is great, and I'm really hoping TT succeeds, but I'm going to trust that Elway and Fox know what they're talking about.

cardoso
01-17-2011, 12:12 AM
your optimism is great, and I'm really hoping TT succeeds, but I'm going to trust that Elway and Fox know what they're talking about.

I'm usually pessimistic about things unless I'm sure of something and I'm sure I've seen enough of Tebow to know what he can do. Don't let all this media crap and "football" guys change how you feel. All you have to do is watch his games and see what he brings to this team. It was a whole new team under Tebow. Just wait until he can go into a training camp as the #1 and gets every single snap with the first string. all year. And then let's wait until we have a defence that didn't give up 35 points. And an offensive line and a running game. Tebow is going to be a stud.

BORDERLINE
01-17-2011, 01:09 AM
I've seen enough off bad QB play in the Nfl
from Akili Smith and Cade McNown or what ever his name is
Tebow will be a solid QB in the B.Rothlisberger Mold of athletic strong QB's
All he needs a decent running game and anything but a bottom feeding defense to thrive in this league ....

I'll say this, I was on the Brian Griese bandwagon when Elway retired and I have wayyyyy more hope for TT

BroncoStud
01-17-2011, 01:23 AM
Tebow isn't getting 6 years. He gets 3 at the MOST. He is held to a higher standard than other players - for whatever reason.

That said, I don't think he is ever going to be the passer Rodgers is. Aaron has a CANNON, his throws yesterday were sick, on the run, tight spiral, on the money... Rodgers is the total package.

23 teams passed on him... That's about 23 teams that wish they had that pick back.

sneakers
01-17-2011, 04:10 AM

ummmm...........that explains things then:

http://thebiglead.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/mel_kiper_raging_hair_helmet.jpg

Northman
01-17-2011, 05:32 AM
So Aaron Rodgers looked pretty damn good this weekend and I was thinking, wow I know he sat for the first couple of years behind Favre but how long has he been in the league?

now, he did sit for 3 years and has made the best of it for these last 3 for sure.

I am no GB fan but he is playing at an extremely high level and I can only hope TT can take the Broncos to that level in the next 4-6 years, but will he get the time?

Are there too many people that want to see him fail to give him the time needed to develop?

Will the fans?

Not saying he will even be a Rodgers, but in watching Sanchez today in the Jets game, in year 2 he is playing OK and with a good team around him they are 1 of 4 left playing this year, that is pretty damn good.

No need to be ELITE kid, just keep working each day and be better then yesterday, crap who the hell am I to tell that kid how to succeed

What makes you think the organization wont give him time?

Rodgers sat because he had a HOF'r in front of him. Sanchez, Ryan and Flacco started because they were the best options and fellow first round draft picks by those teams. Cutler, a former first round pick was traded for by Chicago to be the man and thus far it has paid off for them. Brady replaced an injured player years ago but is a future HOF'r himself despite bing a late round draft choice but was thrown in his rookie year. Manning was also a starter his first year and is now a future HOF'r.

Now, does this mean that Tebow will be a HOF'r or as good as those guys? Nah. But i havent seen anything that suggests that he wont get the chance to succeed in Denver. The only thing ever suggested was that he wasnt a good QB at this time.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-17-2011, 10:06 AM
The scenarios for Tebow/Rodgers are very different.

Rodgers sat behind Brett Favre, an Packer icon, while waiting to play. There was no rush to get him on the field and he was able to sit back and learn at his own pace.

Tebow isn't ridning the pine behind an aging Elway who nobody is in a hurry to get rid of. In his rookie year, he was expected to come in and win his last 3 starts. He will probably be the starter going into his second season. NOBODY will expect Tebow to take 6 years to develop when he's starting full-time in year 2. Some will expect him to struggle early next year, but get better as the season goes on and be ready and "established" for the 2012 season.

Anyone remeber what happened to Rogers when he had to come in for an injured Favre mid-game? He was awful. On top of it, he got injured, IIRC, and got put on IR for the rest of the season. Nobody really cared because Rodgers was a late first rounder and they still had Favre. Tebow is under much more scrutiny because of who he is, and more importantly, the needs of this team. He will be measured againt Flacco, Ryan, Stafford, etc (guys who started right away and were expected to produce - and did) not against Rodgers.

Because of his controversial mechanics and delivery and all the things he needs to prove about his pro vs college play, he'll also be much quicker to get the hook if he fails (i.e. the Broncos offense struggles) and we don't win games.

That is his lot in life. Either he will be a smash success, or be quickly martyred here in Denver. Is it fair? No, but that's life when you're the hype machine. Nothing but Championships will ever be good enough. Unfortunately Tebow, by his very nature will never be allowed to just be a "good QB" in the NFL. He'll either be seen as "top 5" or a huge BUST. There's no middle ground for him.

I would love for him to be successful because I really love the fire, energy, and skills he brings to football, but I understand that this is waaaayyyy more about who he is and what fans expect him to be than it is just tweaking his throwing motion, taking snaps under center and reading defenses...

Tim has the biggest uphill climb of any pro QB ever. Nobody has ever had to face the pressure and scrutiny that he has/will. It's just the nature of who he is.

Haters gonna hate... GO TEBOW! :salute:

claymore
01-17-2011, 10:49 AM

Will the fans?

If he sucks he will wash out, if he is good he will play. Simple as that. We dont have much invested in him, so he wont get 6 years. He will get maybe 2 years if he really blows ass.

MasterShake
01-17-2011, 11:25 AM
Really hard to say at this point. In hindsight, its AMAZING that someone as good as John Elway got 14 years to get his Super Bowl title. I remember some dark times between 1990-94 where it seemed like everyone wanted to run him out of town. The NFL is a very fairweather fan league in some respects.

I think Tebow will have a little leeway as long as he shows improvement every game. Once it looks like he hits a ceiling the light will shine more harshly if we aren't at least winning the division or going deep in the playoffs. I think most Broncos fans are where I am right now maybe where next season I would like to see 7-9 wins then a good playoff push the year after. I'd say he has about 2-4 seasons to prove himself, but thats just me. I seem to be wrong a lot! :lol:

HORSEPOWER 56
01-17-2011, 11:34 AM
Really hard to say at this point. In hindsight, its AMAZING that someone as good as John Elway got 14 years to get his Super Bowl title. I remember some dark times between 1990-94 where it seemed like everyone wanted to run him out of town. The NFL is a very fairweather fan league in some respects.

I think Tebow will have a little leeway as long as he shows improvement every game. Once it looks like he hits a ceiling the light will shine more harshly if we aren't at least winning the division or going deep in the playoffs. I think most Broncos fans are where I am right now maybe where next season I would like to see 7-9 wins then a good playoff push the year after. I'd say he has about 2-4 seasons to prove himself, but thats just me. I seem to be wrong a lot! :lol:

I hope you're right, Shake. I think Tebow will be givien the shortest leash of any first round pick QB in history. If he produces big early, everyone will want to hitch their wagon to his success. If he doesn't, everyone will go out of their way to bury this guy and the only thing loud enough to be heard over the boos at mile high on Sunday will be the "I Told You So's" from assclowns like Kiper, McShay, and every other analyst who said Tim wouldn't make it...

I don't even think Tim will be given the chance to be good. If he's nit damned near perfect, he will be eviscerated by the media. He will get no Sanchize love. He will get no Flacco apologies. He'll only get hate from the media.

vandammage13
01-17-2011, 11:50 AM
........He will get no Sanchize love. He will get no Flacco apologies. He'll only get hate from the media.

Yeah, I don't understand the love for Sanchez. He gets a pass even though it is clear that the Jets success hinges almost entirely on him just not sucking.

Imagine if Tim were on a team that had the talent around him similar to what Sanchez has in NY....Do you think he would have the same sort of leash that Sanchez gets?

TXBRONC
01-17-2011, 12:10 PM
If Tebow is starter and we're winning that's what will matter the most.

horsepig
01-17-2011, 12:42 PM
Sanchez seems to pull out just enough big plays to win games. He just plain sucksunder a mean rush. More than likely he would be riding the bench behind Orton in Denver.

He'd get no love from the MSM if he were here and floundering around behind our OL.

TXBRONC
01-17-2011, 12:45 PM
Sanchez seems to pull out just enough big plays to win games. He just plain sucksunder a mean rush. More than likely he would be riding the bench behind Orton in Denver.

He'd get no love from the MSM if he were here and floundering around behind our OL.

A lot of quarterbacks do not deal well with pressure. Look at what happened to Brady the rush effected him most of the night.

I don't think he would play behind Orton because as you mentioned Sanchez makes big plays and Orton isn't that kind of quarterback.

pipes
01-17-2011, 01:19 PM
Tebow isn't getting 6 years. He gets 3 at the MOST. He is held to a higher standard than other players - for whatever reason.

That said, I don't think he is ever going to be the passer Rodgers is. Aaron has a CANNON, his throws yesterday were sick, on the run, tight spiral, on the money... Rodgers is the total package.

23 teams passed on him... That's about 23 teams that wish they had that pick back.
I like Aaron Rodgers and think he has a very good arm...but "CANNON"...I don't think so. If he had a cannon..to go along with his mobility and work ethic..there's NO WAY he slides like he did on draft day. Cannon arms get people's attention..see Jay Cutler and JaMarcus Russell's draft stock.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

spikerman
01-17-2011, 01:27 PM
I like Aaron Rodgers and think he has a very good arm...but "CANNON"...I don't think so. If he had a cannon..to go along with his mobility and work ethic..there's NO WAY he slides like he did on draft day. Cannon arms get people's attention..see Jay Cutler and JaMarcus Russell's draft stock.

His arm looks plenty strong to me. If I was starting a team today he would be the QB I would pick.

bcbronc
01-17-2011, 01:33 PM
Tim has the biggest uphill climb of any pro QB ever. :

Jeebus, you're kidding right? Ever heard of Warren Moon?

Its this ridiculous hyperbole around Tebow that causes all the tension. Just because someone critizes Tebow's delivery doesn't mean they hate the guy. Just because someone isn't convinced he's the next big thing at QB doesn't mean they want him to fail.

I'm praying that by this time next year the spotlight will be on the next next big thing, Gator fans will have moved back to their swamp and Tebow can just be another young QB instead of constanly being portrayed as this persecuted martyr the world is conspiring to hold down out of envy.

Krugan
01-17-2011, 02:00 PM
will #15 be good enough to get 6 years?

I think thats the question.

TXBRONC
01-17-2011, 02:01 PM
will #15 be good enough to get 6 years?

I think thats the question.

If he wins games he will be.

Krugan
01-17-2011, 02:04 PM
If he wins games he will be.

Going to take more than Tebow to get this team winning again.

Agent of Orange
01-17-2011, 02:21 PM

Will the fans?

One of the things Ive been most impressed with about Tebow is that he hasn't really every looked awful...not in the preseason and not in the last 3 games. He's clearly a rookie and that has shown at times but he's also performed even with that. He hasn't been overwhelmed by the speed of the NFL like a lot of other QBs. From the very beginning, he's had a decent sense of time and space in the pocket where he could create on his own or give himself more space.

Another thing he has done, which is very promising is that, for the most part, he has made drives count and he has come up with drives in the clutch. Another thing that is very promising is that when you look at Tebow's college career, you know that he takes care of the ball.

I have no doubt that he'll improve now that he knows what the NFL is all about. I think Tebow has a good sense of where his limitations are and will do everything he can to fix what's fixable.

As far as the time frame is concerned, I think he's ready to make Denver competitive in most games. I think that he's really almost the polar opposite of Orton. Orton goes down if he hears a whisper. Tebow doesn't go down if you hit him with a 50 cal round. Orton is totally reliant on reading the field before the snap (which is one reason he falls easily on certain sacks), while Tebow, being a novice, is reading the field after the snap.

I think what youll see next year, is Tebow cleaning up some of his footwork. I also think you'll see Tebow improving at reading defenses (both pre and post snap) and with that, I would expect to see relatively few interceptions. This is what I expect/predict next year.

I think Tebow can eventually put up big numbers statistically but I think part of his baby steps will be about taking care of the ball and so progressing as a passer and learning what he can get away with will be part of what you will see longer term.

I also think because part of Tebow's more immediate progression will be about reading the defenses to avoid turnovers, a lot of Denver's success will depend on developing a strong running game. I think Tebow will improve Denver's chances in the winnable games and I think Tebow's ability to extend drives with his mobility will help the defense. I think where I expect Tebow's progression to be will put him somewhere in the neighborhood of 3500 yards passing, 20-25 TDs, 700 yards rushing, and 10 rushing TDs. I think that will be good enough to win more close games but how many games we win in total will depend on the defense and the running game (other than Tebow).

Tebow666
01-17-2011, 05:53 PM
I think we all just worry too much about what other people think of our Tebow.

Who cares what so called experts say about him and what they will say even if he is winning?
As long as our team wins and we are happy kicking ass, i really dont care what others think of his feet, throwing motion or whatever. All the negativity will be based on jealousy so its not our problem...

And remember, other teams fans have their own players to worry about, right now we are the ones wondering andthinking too much.

RELAX and wait people...:beer: