PDA

View Full Version : 2 Years

BroncoStud
01-16-2011, 05:41 PM
Jay Cutler - Hosting NFC Championship

Josh McDaniels - Unemployed as of this time
Kyle Orton - Benched for a rookie who needed "years" to develop - :laugh:

Draft Picks Involved:
Broncos: Robert Ayers (2009), Tim Tebow (2010)
Steelers: Mike Wallace (2009) - GOOD PICK (1200 yards rec. this year)
Bears: Jonny Knox (2009) - GOOD PICK (960 yards rec. this year)

Is it just me or was Josh McDaniels the best thing that ever happened to Jay's career? :elefant: Wallace and Knox also show you don't have to use 1st round picks on skill positions to get productive players.

sneakers
01-16-2011, 06:00 PM
eh, hindsight.

EMB6903
01-16-2011, 06:02 PM
Who cares.

BroncoStud
01-16-2011, 06:02 PM
eh, hindsight.

WW2 is hindsight as well but there are lessons to be learned.

Northman
01-16-2011, 06:05 PM
WW2 is hindsight as well but there are lessons to be learned.

And we are learning as we are MOVING ON. ;)

BroncoStud
01-16-2011, 06:07 PM
And we are learning as we are MOVING ON. ;)

I wonder how many people would take Cutler back if we could do it all over again... I'm not sure I would but I can't say I wouldn't...

Tebow shows real promise but I'm not sold at all on Ayers.

Northman
01-16-2011, 06:08 PM
I wonder how many people would take Cutler back if we could do it all over again... I'm not sure I would but I can't say I wouldn't...

Tebow shows real promise but I'm not sold at all on Ayers.

Its all irrelevant really. All we can do is move forward with what we got and hope the HC and organization makes better decisions to help the team get back on track.

Thnikkaman
01-16-2011, 06:10 PM
Wow, did the Jay Cutler trade just get compared to mass genocide?

Its over. Let it go.

Broncolingus
01-16-2011, 06:10 PM
Hopefully in 2 years, Denver will be playing this weekend in Jan...

BroncoBJ
01-16-2011, 06:15 PM
I agree. The Bears do have an impressive defense. :salute:

UnderArmour
01-16-2011, 06:16 PM
Hopefully in 2 years, Denver will be playing this weekend in Jan...

Hopefully, in 2 years, Denver will be playing in February.

Superchop 7
01-16-2011, 06:16 PM
Good for Jay.

It was a weird deal at the time.

But....from bad comes good.

It is what it is.

Time to move forward.

JaxBroncoGirl
01-16-2011, 06:21 PM
I must ask this since I was not a Bronco fan when Jay was here, what really happened? He played well today and I just want a simple answer. Why did Jay leave the Broncos? I am just trying to learn about the team. I hope I have not opened a can of worms, but I want to know why Jay did not make it here.....

ps.. Thanks to MasterShake I have a cool sig...............................

BroncoStud
01-16-2011, 06:21 PM
I agree. The Bears do have an impressive defense. :salute:

A 4-3 defense at that. Peppers is the difference.

BroncoBJ
01-16-2011, 06:22 PM
I must ask this, since I was not a Bronco fan when Jay was here, what really happened? He played well today and I just want a simple answer. Why did Jay leave the Broncos? I am just trying to learn about the team. I hope I have not opened a can of worms, but I want to know why Jay did not make it here.....

Because McDaniels traded him for Kyle Orton and draft picks. :salute:

bcbronc
01-16-2011, 06:23 PM
I must ask this since I was not a Bronco fan when Jay was here, what really happened? He played well today and I just want a simple answer. Why did Jay leave the Broncos? I am just trying to learn about the team. I hope I have not opened a can of worms, but I want to know why Jay did not make it here.....

try using the search function. it might have been discussed.

Thnikkaman
01-16-2011, 06:25 PM

Its really up for debate. McDaniels took a call from the Patriots who were shopping around Matt Cassel. Word of this got to Jay and he said he wanted a trade out of Denver. Bowlen and McDaniels both made attempts to contact Cutler, but Cutler did not respond. The Bears Offered 2 1sts for Jay and the deal was done.

Many feel that its McDaniels fault, many others feel like Jay hated it here in Denver. The truth is probably somewhere in between.

BroncoBJ
01-16-2011, 06:26 PM
try using the search function. it might have been discussed.

:lol: Yea, its been discussed once or twice I believe.

atwater27
01-16-2011, 06:27 PM
Great thread. Eat your heart out Cutler haters. Channel the hatred towards the guy who pushed him out of town.

Nomad
01-16-2011, 06:32 PM

Shanny was fired....Cutler wanted Bates as HC instead Bowlen hired McDaniels.....Cutler gave McDaniels the cold shoulder so McDaniels said cool, I'll get my own QB that fell through.....Cutler got all pissy and acted like a schoolgirl and McDaniels acted like a school girl...bickered and Cutler gave the silent treatment to the BRONCOS for a few months.....Bowlen said enough and get Cutler's ass outta here!!

No one knows what really happened, but that's my theory!!

claymore
01-16-2011, 06:34 PM
One of the worst 2 year time periods of my life. It wasnt hindsight cause McDaniels looked like a dumbass at the time. He made the worst freaking decisions ever.

Glad its over. All we can do is complain that our butts hurt from the ass raping we recieved.

Never will we slepp on our stomachs again.

BroncoStud
01-16-2011, 06:39 PM
Scoreboard: Jay Cutler

Agent of Orange
01-16-2011, 06:41 PM
eh, hindsight.

It would be hindsight if it wasn't so heavily scrutinized as it was happening. This isn't second guessing. There was a lot of first guessing and now the chickens have come home to roost.

claymore
01-16-2011, 06:43 PM
Guys, Bowlen deserves credit for gambling big, and realizing when to cut it off. That took alot of balls.

bcbronc
01-16-2011, 06:43 PM
does anyone believe Chicago would have been significantly worse with Orton at the helm instead of Cutler? I don't. their regular season offense is pretty comparable to Seattle's, which isn't good.

In the NFL, they ranked:

YPG - 30 (last of NFC playoff teams)
PPG - 21 (only SEA was worse of NFC playoff teams)
3rd% - 27 (last of NFC playoff teams)
TOP - 21 (only SEA was worse of NFC playoff teams)

I'm sorry, this is NOT a good offense we're talking about. Anyone doubt Orton could game manage his way to the 30th ranked YPG offense?

Even CHI's win today, Cutler played okay, did a nice job using his legs and made some nice throws. But SEA sucks, and losing Clarkson and Truffant didn't help any. I remember at one point early, score was 14-0 I believe, and the CHI play selection was something like 12 runs to 7 passes. In other words, Cutler didn't carry his team to this victory.

Should be a really good test for Cutler next week though. We'll get to see if he's going to take his game to the next level. But if he has another big game meltdown, it might be time to start turning the page on Cutler ever living up to his physical talent.

Northman
01-16-2011, 06:46 PM

In simplest terms,

Shanahan gets fired, Jay wasnt happy but forged on still wanting Bates to remain. However, Bates went to Seattle so Jay forged on again. At some point McDaniels took a call regarding a possible trade with Cutler and Cassell. Cutler got wind of it and when he approached McD initially it was denied until the media brought the possible trade to light.

At that point Jay didnt trust McD. The fact that McD said EVERYONE is expendable in the one meeting that Jay and he had left no reassurance that Jay was his guy so Jay has his agent request a trade. Now, from here is where the blame essentialy shifts from McD to Jay. Publically Jay kept saying that he wanted to remain a Bronco however he never told his agent to revoke the trade idea.

To add further insult Jay had cut off all discussions with players, coaches, and even Bowlen when they tried to reach him by phone. So, with that in mind Bowlen finally said ok to trade him.

Bottom line, McD started a fire that Jay wouldnt put out.

claymore
01-16-2011, 06:46 PM
Its really up for debate. McDaniels took a call from the Patriots who were shopping around Matt Cassel. Word of this got to Jay and he said he wanted a trade out of Denver. Bowlen and McDaniels both made attempts to contact Cutler, but Cutler did not respond. The Bears Offered 2 1sts for Jay and the deal was done.

Many feel that its McDaniels fault, many others feel like Jay hated it here in Denver. The truth is probably somewhere in between.

dont forget to mention that Cutler wanted to work things out, flew all the way from tennessee to talk to McD and Bowlen. McD and Cutler met, McD said he would call him the next day,he never did, and Cutler left and never came back.

Nomad
01-16-2011, 06:58 PM
does anyone believe Chicago would have been significantly worse with Orton at the helm instead of Cutler? I don't. their regular season offense is pretty comparable to Seattle's, which isn't good.

In the NFL, they ranked:

I'm sorry, this is NOT a good offense we're talking about. Anyone doubt Orton could game manage his way to the 30th ranked YPG offense?

Even CHI's win today, Cutler played okay, did a nice job using his legs and made some nice throws. But SEA sucks, and losing Clarkson and Truffant didn't help any. I remember at one point early, score was 14-0 I believe, and the CHI play selection was something like 12 runs to 7 passes. In other words, Cutler didn't carry his team to this victory.

Should be a really good test for Cutler next week though. We'll get to see if he's going to take his game to the next level. But if he has another big game meltdown, it might be time to start turning the page on Cutler ever living up to his physical talent.

Cutler sends thank you texts to Bowlen and McDaniels everyday!! Orton, on the other hand, is hating life because look what he left and it wasn't his decision!!

Northman
01-16-2011, 07:04 PM

In the NFL, they ranked:

Actually your very incorrect. This is a perfect example where stats are misleading.

Jay had two very nice TD runs that Orton would simply not be able to do. And that is one key point that has always been the difference between the two players. Did Cutler carry his team to victory? Nah, did Elway carry his team to victory against Green Bay? No. But Jay did account for 4 Td's today against a team that played with nothing to lose.

Thnikkaman
01-16-2011, 07:04 PM
dont forget to mention that Cutler wanted to work things out, flew all the way from tennessee to talk to McD and Bowlen. McD and Cutler met, McD said he would call him the next day,he never did, and Cutler left and never came back.

This is the first I have heard of this.

BroncoStud
01-16-2011, 07:19 PM

In the NFL, they ranked:

You Orton guys always use stats as the end-all.

YES, the Bears are much better with Cutler. Jay made throws today that Kyle cannot. He's made a lot of throws during the year that Orton can't dream of. In the Minnesota game Jay blew the game open with a couple of throws that only a few QBs in the NFL can make.

Jay hasn't been great this year but he has made enough plays to win some games, which is more than Kyle did in Chicago. The Bears are going to be tough to beat and they are not afraid of the Packers.

BroncoStud
01-16-2011, 07:20 PM
Guys, Bowlen deserves credit for gambling big, and realizing when to cut it off. That took alot of balls.

THIS ^ - Bowlen made a huge mistake but had the balls to fire him 2 years in and rethink his strategy. That is admitting a mistake and making amends at great expense. Bowlen gets a lot of credit from me for it.

bcbronc
01-16-2011, 07:35 PM
Actually your very incorrect. This is a perfect example where stats are misleading.

Jay had two very nice TD runs that Orton would simply not be able to do. And that is one key point that has always been the difference between the two players. Did Cutler carry his team to victory? Nah, did Elway carry his team to victory against Green Bay? No. But Jay did account for 4 Td's today against a team that played with nothing to lose.

YES, the Bears are much better with Cutler. Jay made throws today that Kyle cannot. He's made a lot of throws during the year that Orton can't dream of. In the Minnesota game Jay blew the game open with a couple of throws that only a few QBs in the NFL can make.

Jay hasn't been great this year but he has made enough plays to win some games, which is more than Kyle did in Chicago. The Bears are going to be tough to beat and they are not afraid of the Packers.

first, I'm no Orton guy. Orton is a fine game manager that can play it safe and won't hurt you with dumb decisions. But he's not going to make positive plays that make a difference either. I've moved on from the Orton era.

but come on now, Cutler game managed vs SEA. yes he made two runs that maybe Orton couldn't have made...but there's probably at least 20 other starting QBs that could have.

end of the day, QBs are judged by wins in the postseason, and full credit to Cutler...his team won. But in reality, Cutler is as big a part of CHI's success this year as Orton/Grossman were last time they went to the Superbowl.

we wouldn't have won more games this season with Cutler instead of Orton, and CHI probably wouldn't have lost any more either.

Green Bay will be a much better test. CHI will need Cutler to make some plays through the air if they're going to win that game. But Cutler is getting to that point in his career where if he's going to be known as a big game performer, he needs to start performing in big games.

BroncoStud
01-16-2011, 07:37 PM
first, I'm no Orton guy. Orton is a fine game manager that can play it safe and won't hurt you with dumb decisions. But he's not going to make positive plays that make a difference either. I've moved on from the Orton era.

but come on now, Cutler game managed vs SEA. yes he made two runs that maybe Orton couldn't have made...but there's probably at least 20 other starting QBs that could have.

end of the day, QBs are judged by wins in the postseason, and full credit to Cutler...his team won. But in reality, Cutler is as big a part of CHI's success this year as Orton/Grossman were last time they went to the Superbowl.

we wouldn't have won more games this season with Cutler instead of Orton, and CHI probably wouldn't have lost any more either.

Green Bay will be a much better test. CHI will need Cutler to make some plays through the air if they're going to win that game. But Cutler is getting to that point in his career where if he's going to be known as a big game performer, he needs to start performing in big games.

In 2008 Cutler had one of the worst defenses in the NFL and still led us to 8 wins. I've outlined this many times but the offense fell of DRAMATICALLY when Orton took over and the run game was essentially the same.

That excuse gets old. The Broncos were MUCH better with Cutler playing QB.

bcbronc
01-16-2011, 07:46 PM
In 2008 Cutler had one of the worst defenses in the NFL and still led us to 8 wins. I've outlined this many times but the offense fell of DRAMATICALLY when Orton took over and the run game was essentially the same.

lol. we went from the 16th highest scoring team in the league all the way down to the 20th. that's one DRAMATIC drop off. And how much of that do you think was because we just happened to have gone through a REGIME CHANGE?

look, I agree that Cutler has a ton of physical ability. But in 2008, what happened in week 17 when the playoffs were on the line? One thing that happened, Cutler shit the bed.

anyways, you know what else is getting old? the argument that being better than Orton somehow means you're something special.

Northman
01-16-2011, 07:49 PM

Agreed.

Weather could play a major part of that, it wasnt like sunshine with no wind. Most of Hassleback's yds came in catch up. Why would Chicago want to air it out? The reason they had been playing so much better as of late was because they had balance and a solid defense. No reason to buck that trend and take unecessary chances.

Yes and no. The defense that played with Grossman was ranked 5th in the league while right now they are 9th. Still very good but not AS good as it was that year. Also, the rushing attack in 06' was ranked 15th as opposed to 23rd this year for Jay. So really Jay has had a bigger impact than you might want to give him credit for. I know that during the regular season the Chicago offensive line was ranked dead last. Im willing to bet it wasnt that bad in 06'.

Hard to say but most likely because the defense was worse than 09' you would probably be right. But, in 08' we finished 8-8 with probably the worse defense in Denver history. Look at this year and we were 4-12 with a more "improved" defense.

Well, Jay is 1-1 this year vs GB and the Packers are coming in hot so its going to be a good game. But for me, even if Jay loses i wont consider him a failure, his first trip to the playoffs and he ends up in the NFCCG is a great start to his career in Chicago. The flipside to your question though is Rodgers has as much to prove as Jay does.

Agent of Orange
01-16-2011, 07:52 PM
THIS ^ - Bowlen made a huge mistake but had the balls to fire him 2 years in and rethink his strategy. That is admitting a mistake and making amends at great expense. Bowlen gets a lot of credit from me for it.

No. If Bowlen really had balls, he wouldnt have let McDaniels run over his franchise.

EMB6903
01-16-2011, 07:54 PM
Rodgers went into Philly and into Atlanta and won.

Cutler beat a team below .500 at the home.

I think Jay still has a little bit more to prove.

bcbronc
01-16-2011, 08:02 PM
The flipside to your question though is Rodgers has as much to prove as Jay does.

this is the most appealing thing about the match-up. This could be the game that pushes one of these two up into the top echelon of QBs. Both have been able to put up good numbers in the regular season (Rodgers more so, but Cutler has had his moments), but beating a great defense to get to the Superbowl is how you become "franchise".

Cutler has the talent to put together a great game...and the Bears will need him to. But I expect some "bad gunslinger" moments from Cutler, especially if GB gets to him early. I'm expecting a Cutler meltdown, but it's not because I'm hating on him...I just have no confidence in his toolbox.

Northman
01-16-2011, 08:06 PM
this is the most appealing thing about the match-up. This could be the game that pushes one of these two up into the top echelon of QBs. Both have been able to put up good numbers in the regular season (Rodgers more so, but Cutler has had his moments), but beating a great defense to get to the Superbowl is how you become "franchise".

Cutler has the talent to put together a great game...and the Bears will need him to. But I expect some "bad gunslinger" moments from Cutler, especially if GB gets to him early. I'm expecting a Cutler meltdown, but it's not because I'm hating on him...I just have no confidence in his toolbox.

Agreed. Both these teams somewhat mirror each other but i think GB actually has the edge. Just more chemistry with Rodgers and crew and i think the Pack's defense will make more plays than Chicago's will. But ought to be a an interesting game to say the least.

claymore
01-16-2011, 08:10 PM
Its Cutlers 3rd offense in 3 years too. Edge goes to Rodgers, but anything can happen.

claymore
01-16-2011, 08:14 PM
No. If Bowlen really had balls, he wouldnt have let McDaniels run over his franchise.

His model was flawed, and he paid the price. I think the fans did too. But Im glad it didnt take 5 years for him to admit his mistake.

He was HEAVILY invested in McD being a genius. He was wrong, and he cut sling load in short order.

silkamilkamonico
01-16-2011, 08:18 PM
Bowlen played russian roulette by hiring a virgin HC and more importantnly giving him the skeleton key, and then playing puppet to him as he watched him destroy his franchise. Bowlen killed this franchise, and he is the only one to blame here.

I Eat Staples
01-16-2011, 08:19 PM
The blame can be interpreted differently depending on whether you like Cutler or McD. In reality, they both acted like spoiled children. Very unbecoming of grown men making millions.

However, none of it happens if McDaniels is not stupid enough to attempt to trade Jay for Cassell, or even listen to such a ridiculous proposal. Forget egos, forget how they acted. Cutler may very well be a little bitch, but he was a good QB for us and much better than Cassell ever will be. Cutler for Cassell is an awful football decision, plain and simple. McDumbass is responsible for making a bad decision.

cardoso
01-16-2011, 08:21 PM

Lmao you are a closet orton fan. Cutler played lights out today and here you are trying to belittle his importance on the team. Orton sucks!

You say he makes no mistakes that's a bunch of bull shit he's cost us many games and has killed us many times. Your posts are a joke!

claymore
01-16-2011, 08:23 PM
The blame can be interpreted differently depending on whether you like Cutler or McD. In reality, they both acted like spoiled children. Very unbecoming of grown men making millions.

However, none of it happens if McDaniels is not stupid enough to attempt to trade Jay for Cassell, or even listen to such a ridiculous proposal. Forget egos, forget how they acted. Cutler may very well be a little bitch, but he was a good QB for us and much better than Cassell ever will be. Cutler for Cassell is an awful football decision, plain and simple. McDumbass is responsible for making a bad decision.

The HC is supposed to be the adult. Not the 24 year old QB.

EMB6903
01-16-2011, 08:27 PM
The HC is supposed to be the adult. Not the 24 year old QB.

Im sure Cutler was old enough to realize he was being an immature douche.

Mcdaniels was the main reason, Cutler couldnt let it go.

Timmy!
01-16-2011, 08:27 PM
I put the over/under on this thread at 10 pages....

Juriga72
01-16-2011, 08:28 PM
I'm sure today Cutler is going....."MAN... I really WISH I had been big enough to stay in Denver"

jhildebrand
01-16-2011, 08:29 PM
Just like some bring up "Mikey" every chance they get :rolleyes: some will always bring up Cutler and company. Get used to it. Cutler has years and years to go winning playoff games.

cardoso
01-16-2011, 08:31 PM

Mcdaniels is 100% responsible for one of the biggest falls of any team in less than two years. The fact that he came in and tried to trade cutler as his first move instead of focusing on the defense was just the tip of the iceburg for this idiot. It has been exposed how much of an idiot Mcdaniels is. He ran out Marshall cutler hills schefter and Nolan. Its obvious who the problem was and yet people still want to blame the players. I give them all a pat on the back for immediately seeing what a retard and coward he was. They were right all along and we the fans are the ones left out in the cold over a patriot who came riding into Denver on his fuken high horse demanding everyone kiss his ass and bow at his presence. Mcdaniels makes me sick. I can't wait for next year to see a respectable likable guy on our sidelines.

cardoso
01-16-2011, 08:38 PM
Im sure Cutler was old enough to realize he was being an immature douche.

Mcdaniels was the main reason, Cutler couldnt let it go.

Cutler didn't need or have to let it go. Mcdaniels was an idiot and cutler wanted nothing to do with the idiot. Mcdaniels dug his own grave. I would kill for a Mcdaniels interview about cutlers game today. And while they are at it ask him about cassells performance last week and ask him what he thinks about Orton being benched. Mcdaniels thought he could win with a talentless team. He used the word "character" in attempts to make the guys he ran out look bad when in reality it was him who was lacking any type of character besides an arrogant bitch.

EMB6903
01-16-2011, 08:48 PM
Cutlers performance was great at home against Seattle.

That being said theres 20 or so teams in this league that are better then the Seahawks.

the seahawks are the same team Denver blew out..the same team that Orton went for 305 yards and 2 tds against.

BroncoStud
01-16-2011, 08:51 PM

That being said theres 20 or so teams in this league that are better then the Seahawks.

the seahawks are the same team Denver blew out..the same team that Orton went for 305 yards and 2 tds against.

Ironic that the Bears either bench or get rid of Orton and they get better... Hmmm... :listen:

EMB6903
01-16-2011, 08:57 PM
Ironic that the Bears either bench or get rid of Orton and they get better... Hmmm... :listen:

Well thats because Orton blows.

Cutler has more talent in his left hand then Orton does in his entire body.

That being said hes not a top 5 QB and not close..Hes a ways away from players like....

Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, and Phillip Rivers

Day1BroncoFan
01-16-2011, 08:59 PM
:rip:

Juriga72
01-16-2011, 09:41 PM

You mean the same Seahawks team that put up 42 on New Orleans? Because IIRC.... New orleans was a 14 pty fav, yet they seemed to kinda get blown out.

EMB6903
01-16-2011, 09:52 PM
You mean the same Seahawks team that put up 42 on New Orleans? Because IIRC.... New orleans was a 14 pty fav, yet they seemed to kinda get blown out.

One game doesnt make/break a season.

Overall this was a team that finished with a record under .500, below average.

Take it as you will.

Juriga72
01-16-2011, 09:58 PM

Take it as you will.

The same team that beat the Rams? Niners? San Diego?

TRUE..they had a losing season, but beating St. Louis when they had to with a back up qb....THEN beating New Orleans in the playoffs. Thats pretty impressive anyway you cut it.

EMB6903
01-16-2011, 10:01 PM
The same team that beat the Rams? Niners? San Diego?

TRUE..they had a losing season, but beating St. Louis when they had to with a back up qb....THEN beating New Orleans in the playoffs. Thats pretty impressive anyway you cut it.

I dont care who they beat, Juriga, hell the Browns beat the Saints and Pats this year.. The point is they lost more games then they won which tells you they arent a good team.

honz
01-16-2011, 10:02 PM
Jay Cutler sucks.

I Eat Staples
01-16-2011, 10:08 PM
Jay Cutler sucks.

You suck.

sneakers
01-16-2011, 10:22 PM
Wow, did the Jay Cutler trade just get compared to mass genocide?

Its over. Let it go.

http://blueherald.com/uploads/Batocchio/2009/godwincat.jpg

Foochacho
01-16-2011, 10:28 PM
This thread is ******* gay. So is Jay Cutler. I suspect broncostud is as well anyone who refers to them self as a stud probably plucks their eyebrows and fake tans.

So sick of the cutler talk, yea he had a good game. He has some really shitty ones as well. He's gone and it is Tebow time let's let it go and see what the future holds. Next week Cutler will probally get worked by greenbay and everyone will talk about how he sux. He doesn't suck and he isn't elite. He is one thing for sure though, a piece of shit let's quit talking about this turd already.

cardoso
01-16-2011, 10:32 PM

They're also the same team that just beat the saints. The jets last year were so undeserving and they made it pretty far. Must be a bad daddy for the bitter cutler fans today.

Agent of Orange
01-16-2011, 10:34 PM

This is the best analogy I can think of. When Shanahan was fired, Broncos fans became a bunch of siblings whose parents were divorced. And when McDaniels was hired, people were forced to take sides (in some form or fashion and also in a variety of ways). Tebow, has kind of been like our kid brother that we've taken under our wing...but that doesnt mean we like one of his parents.

BeefStew25
01-16-2011, 10:37 PM
McD gave birth to Tebow then ate the placenta. I think that is the best analogy.

BroncoStud
01-16-2011, 10:48 PM
This thread is ******* gay. So is Jay Cutler. I suspect broncostud is as well anyone who refers to them self as a stud probably plucks their eyebrows and fake tans.

So sick of the cutler talk, yea he had a good game. He has some really shitty ones as well. He's gone and it is Tebow time let's let it go and see what the future holds. Next week Cutler will probally get worked by greenbay and everyone will talk about how he sux. He doesn't suck and he isn't elite. He is one thing for sure though, a piece of shit let's quit talking about this turd already.

Hey there spanky I don't use a tanning bed and men pluck their eyebrows? Not happening...

And since when is Jay Cutler a "piece of shit?" He is the best QB we've had since John Elway. Just about the only piece of s%$# in this thread is your pointless response. If you don't like the discussion then stay out of the thread.

Thnikkaman
01-16-2011, 10:57 PM
Hey there spanky I don't use a tanning bed and men pluck their eyebrows? Not happening...

And since when is Jay Cutler a "piece of shit?" He is the best QB we've had since John Elway. Just about the only piece of s%$# in this thread is your pointless response. If you don't like the discussion then stay out of the thread.

Plummer was pretty damn good, and less surly. Cutler has a hard time against division rivals.

cardoso
01-16-2011, 10:57 PM
lol. we went from the 16th highest scoring team in the league all the way down to the 20th. that's one DRAMATIC drop off. And how much of that do you think was because we just happened to have gone through a REGIME CHANGE?

look, I agree that Cutler has a ton of physical ability. But in 2008, what happened in week 17 when the playoffs were on the line? One thing that happened, Cutler shit the bed.

anyways, you know what else is getting old? the argument that being better than Orton somehow means you're something special.

Game 17 in 2008? Is that when the charges scored like 28pts and rushed for 100yds in the fist half? Damn cutler he Cost us that game.

cardoso
01-16-2011, 11:00 PM
Plummer was pretty damn good, and less surly. Cutler has a hard time against division rivals.

Didn't plummer throw some costly pics quite often like vs pitt in afc championship game? Come to think of it didn't plummer get benched to a standing ovation in favor of cutler to end his career in Denver? How did Jake do in Carolina by the way?

BroncoStud
01-16-2011, 11:05 PM

I'm a big Plummer fan too but come on... Jay was better than Jake as a rookie.

cardoso
01-16-2011, 11:07 PM
Well thats because Orton blows.

Cutler has more talent in his left hand then Orton does in his entire body.

That being said hes not a top 5 QB and not close..Hes a ways away from players like....

Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, and Phillip Rivers

You do realize 4 of the 5 qbs you just listed are sitting at home while cutler will prepping for the nfc championship game at home next week.

EMB6903
01-16-2011, 11:08 PM
You do realize 4 of the 5 qbs you just listed are sitting at home while cutler will prepping for the nfc championship game at home next week.

Sanchez and Cutler are getting ready to perform!

Dapper Dan
01-16-2011, 11:15 PM
It's pathetic how fat guys in on their computers think they know more than NFL Front Office members. If you are really that good then leave your damn computer and get to work. Start your way up the corporate ladder. You're really missing your calling. Jump your fatass out of your chair and got get a Front Office job. You obviously know more than anyone else does. Instead of a resume, tell the hiring party to get on broncosforums.com and see all the things you were right about.

BeefStew25
01-16-2011, 11:18 PM
It's pathetic how fat guys in on their computers think they know more than NFL Front Office members. If you are really that good then leave your damn computer and get to work. Start your way up the corporate ladder. You're really missing your calling. Jump your fatass out of your chair and got get a Front Office job. You obviously know more than anyone else does. Instead of a resume, tell the hiring party to get on broncosforums.com and see all the things you were right about.

Quit talking about Joe Ellis like that.

Thnikkaman
01-16-2011, 11:19 PM
Didn't plummer throw some costly pics quite often like vs pitt in afc championship game? Come to think of it didn't plummer get benched to a standing ovation in favor of cutler to end his career in Denver? How did Jake do in Carolina by the way?

You seem bitter. Plummer was good in Denver with Shanahan. I'm not going to sway your man crush on Cutler, so don't act like I stepped on your puppy for voicing a different opinion.

BroncoStud
01-16-2011, 11:29 PM

My 4 yard old son could make better roster moves than Josh McDaniels. :elefant:

cardoso
01-16-2011, 11:35 PM

Mcdaniels makes Al Davis look like a genius.

BroncoStud
01-16-2011, 11:53 PM

Weekend at Bernie's.

nflfan
01-17-2011, 12:05 AM
Ego is both the strength and weakness of both McDaniels and Cutler. You can't accomplish what they have without a strong belief in yourself. At the same time, it's gotten them to make big mistakes ... Cutler on the field, McDaniels with his coaching/gm'ing.

Cutler's mistakes lead to INTs that costs wins; McDaniels mistakes have unnecessarily drained the Broncos of good, young talent, and made them a much worse team than they were when he took over.

The good thing with Cutler is that he makes his teammates better. He did it in Denver, turning Marshall, Scheffler, and Royal into clutch performers, and he's doing it again in Chicago, turning Knox, Hester, Bennet, and Olsen into clutch performers.

The good thing with McDaniels is he's turned Orton into a very good, cerebral, high productivity QB, and a journeyman like Lloyd into a superstar. At those positions, with those players, that's just excellent coaching.

You take the bad with the good, unless the bad outweighs the good, which unfortunately for Denver happened with McDaniels.

Dapper Dan
01-17-2011, 12:09 AM

No one, no matter what, can make Al Davis look like a Genius.

Dapper Dan
01-17-2011, 12:09 AM

Incorrect.
Sarcastic.
Worthless comment.

BroncoStud
01-17-2011, 12:18 AM
Incorrect.
Sarcastic.
Worthless comment.

Kind of like your "contribution" to this thread? :elefant:

dogfish
01-17-2011, 12:43 AM

you're just sticking up for mcdaniels because he's white. . .

BORDERLINE
01-17-2011, 12:46 AM
BUCK this thread....
it's over guys, Cutler is gone good for him to be where he is at....
although I don't believe GB will lose to Chi
it was good run for Cutler but I don't miss him one BIT

topscribe
01-17-2011, 12:47 AM
Kind of like your "contribution" to this thread? :elefant:

Do you identify with that elephant?

-----

weazel
01-17-2011, 12:49 AM
Jay Cutler - Hosting NFC Championship

Josh McDaniels - Unemployed as of this time
Kyle Orton - Benched for a rookie who needed "years" to develop - :laugh:

Draft Picks Involved:
Broncos: Robert Ayers (2009), Tim Tebow (2010)
Steelers: Mike Wallace (2009) - GOOD PICK (1200 yards rec. this year)
Bears: Jonny Knox (2009) - GOOD PICK (960 yards rec. this year)

Is it just me or was Josh McDaniels the best thing that ever happened to Jay's career? :elefant: Wallace and Knox also show you don't have to use 1st round picks on skill positions to get productive players.

Its too bad you dont have a time machine and a suitable resume to be an NFL coach!

Superchop 7
01-17-2011, 12:50 AM
See McDaniels/Josh for the answer to "why".

I believe if you look for the term "village idiot" in Wiki, you will find Josh's BIO.

Foochacho
01-17-2011, 12:52 AM

Jay is a piece of shit because he doesn't no how to man up (Trade talks, cry ,gay). And anyone who won't look you in the eye when they talk is a piece of shit in my book. If you act disinterested and look away when talking to people then you are a piece of shit. I have come across plenty of people with the same social skills(or lack there of) as Jay Cutler has and everyone of them is a waste of space. I just can't stand the guy.

Foochacho
01-17-2011, 12:55 AM
Plus he dates Kristen Cavalari. I don't care if she is hot I hope her and all those "Laguna beach or The Hills" people fall off a cliff.

Foochacho
01-17-2011, 12:56 AM
Now I feel like punching a kitten in the face. LOOOK what you caused. :mad::D

BroncoStud
01-17-2011, 01:17 AM
Its too bad you dont have a time machine and a suitable resume to be an NFL coach!

No doubt. Though I'm not sure what Josh did requires a "suitable resume"... But a time machine is a must.

BroncoStud
01-17-2011, 01:18 AM
Jay is a piece of shit because he doesn't no how to man up (Trade talks, cry ,gay). And anyone who won't look you in the eye when they talk is a piece of shit in my book. If you act disinterested and look away when talking to people then you are a piece of shit. I have come across plenty of people with the same social skills(or lack there of) as Jay Cutler has and everyone of them is a waste of space. I just can't stand the guy.

There are some issues for sure, but I don't think he's a piece of shit... I mean, he hasn't committed any real crime we're aware of... Charles Manson - piece of shit. Jay Cutler - a bit spoiled?? The Laguna Beach thing is pretty lame though. Sort of Matt Leinart-ish.

red98
01-17-2011, 01:24 AM
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217902

bcbronc
01-17-2011, 01:38 AM

what was the actual proposal? does anyone actually know? did it even get to that point? I remember all sorts of rumours, mostly a three-way with Detroit and us getting picks.

I dunno, guess if you've got a Cutler crush then you won't agree, but I see both Cassel and Cutler as pretty close to the same level as a QB. yeah, Cutler has the sexier arm, but Cassel plays much smarter. So when the deal is
Cassel+ it really depends on what the + is.

[QUOTE]Lmao you are a closet orton fan. Cutler played lights out today and here you are trying to belittle his importance on the team. Orton sucks!

Yup, nothing revs my engine more than "one read, throw it away". The only thing I love more is "one read, throw into double and triple coverage". Orton and Cutler are sooooo sexy.

you say Cutler played lights out...did you watch the game or just look at the stat line? I saw a team riding a running game and defense against a pretty average team (how many first downs did SEA get in the first half? 2-3?). Cutler made the plays he needed to, and that's all he needs to do so full credit. But let's be honest, Chicago could have won that game without even using a quarterback.

You say he makes no mistakes that's a bunch of bull shit he's cost us many games and has killed us many times.

yeah, no shit dude. every player makes mistakes. obviously I didn't mean LITERALLY no mistakes. maybe try not to think so black and white and you could actually have a conversation about Cutler without sounding like a little emo fan-boi.

Your posts are a joke!

yeah, well, so's your pecker. :tantrum:

Game 17 in 2008? Is that when the charges scored like 28pts and rushed for 100yds in the fist half? Damn cutler he Cost us that game.

I know, nothing is ever Cutler's fault. It's Josh's fault, it's Bowlen's fault, it's the defenses fault, it's the o-line's fault, he's got no receivers, he's got no running game, he's just 24, on and on and on. shit dude, you're slobbering over the guy's kicking tee like he's a great QB, yet you don't expect him to overcome any obstacles. but guess what sport, that's actually what makes QB's great--being able to win without having a stacked team.

this just in: Cutler can win if you surround him with a good enough team. Just like every QB that makes the NFL.

when your little hero can will his team to some big game victories, wake me up. because until then, he's just another in a long line of guys with all the physical ability in the world who couldn't put it together upstairs to get to the next level.

Northman
01-17-2011, 06:02 AM

Take it as you will.

Yet, you used the example of the Denver game as your arguement. :lol:

Northman
01-17-2011, 06:08 AM
Plus he dates Kristen Cavalari. I don't care if she is hot I hope her and all those "Laguna beach or The Hills" people fall off a cliff.

The fact that you know this is disturbing within itself. :lol:

atwater27
01-17-2011, 09:37 AM
what was the actual proposal? does anyone actually know? did it even get to that point? I remember all sorts of rumours, mostly a three-way with Detroit and us getting picks.

I dunno, guess if you've got a Cutler crush then you won't agree, but I see both Cassel and Cutler as pretty close to the same level as a QB. yeah, Cutler has the sexier arm, but Cassel plays much smarter. So when the deal is
Cassel+ it really depends on what the + is. LMAO.... Why don't we pull up their respective stat lines for their respective playoff games, then say that again with a straight face...

Yup, nothing revs my engine more than "one read, throw it away". The only thing I love more is "one read, throw into double and triple coverage". Orton and Cutler are sooooo sexy.

you say Cutler played lights out...did you watch the game or just look at the stat line? I saw a team riding a running game and defense against a pretty average team (how many first downs did SEA get in the first half? 2-3?). Cutler made the plays he needed to, and that's all he needs to do so full credit. But let's be honest, Chicago could have won that game without even using a quarterback.
Cutty scored 4 brilliant TD's... Without him they lose.

yeah, no shit dude. every player makes mistakes. obviously I didn't mean LITERALLY no mistakes. maybe try not to think so black and white and you could actually have a conversation about Cutler without sounding like a little emo fan-boi. The only thing black and white here is your hatred for the guy.

yeah, well, so's your pecker. :tantrum:

I know, nothing is ever Cutler's fault.wrong It's Josh's fault, definitelyit's Bowlen's fault,one he remedied surprisingly quickly, mind you it's the defenses fault, see McDit's the o-line's fault,see McD he's got no receivers,Nothing worth writing home about, but a few are starting to develop he's got no running game,average at best. he's just 24, on and on and on. shit dude, you're slobbering over the guy's kicking tee like he's a great QB, yet you don't expect him to overcome any obstacles. but guess what sport, that's actually what makes QB's great--being able to win without having a stacked team. And show me this list of players that win without being surrounded by talent.... this oughta be rich.

this just in: Cutler can win if you surround him with a good enough team. Just like every QB that makes the NFL. :confused: Tavaris Jackson, Carson Palmer, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Alex Smith are just a few who would disagree.
when your little hero can will his team to some big game victories, wake me up. because until then, he's just another in a long line of guys with all the physical ability in the world who couldn't put it together upstairs to get to the next level.

Since when is a playoff game not a "big game" in this universe? They took out a team who snuck into the playoffs, yet beat the defendign Super Bowl champs IN the playoffs. It's OK I understand, you are just venting because we haven't won a playoff game, much less made it to the playoffs in so long, just lashing out at Cutler out of jealousy and frustration. Someone needs a hug.:lol:

atwater27
01-17-2011, 09:46 AM

Sounds like you guys need to step outside and handle this. Give him a call and "Man up." Make sure to "look him in the eye" though while he's striking you.:laugh:

rcsodak
01-17-2011, 09:55 AM

So you're saying Orton didn't win games @ Chi? Your cutlerluvfest is overwhelming. :coffee:
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

rcsodak
01-17-2011, 09:58 AM

How do you go about comparing 1 bronco team to another, when they have different coaches/players,etc. I'd really like to know your 'secret'. :rolleyes:

claymore
01-17-2011, 10:32 AM
This is the first I have heard of this.

"At the end of the meeting, he wasn't like, 'Jay, I want you as our quarterback, you're our guy.' It felt like the opposite. He basically said that I needed to tell him if we can't work this out, to let him know," Cutler added. "I thought he was antagonizing me and that was disappointing because I was ready to move on, committed as a Bronco. Really, I figured we'd hash things out, shake hands, laugh a little and move forward. What happened [Saturday] was the last thing I expected. If I didn't think it could be fixed, I never would have come back to Denver. It was painfully obvious to me and Bus [Cook, his agent] it's not something they want to fix."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3983805

"You know, even after the meeting, I hung around town, kind of expecting him to call me and say, 'Hey, let's just me and you get away and have lunch or a cup of coffee' and mend things, but that didn't happen. So, I get it, really, it's a business. I'm disappointed because I love being a Bronco but I think it's run its course."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3983805

I never understood why anyone was mad at Cutler. He did his part. He was the kid that went out of his way, flew back talked to the team. The onus falls on McD.

I dont see how anyone could take it any different.

As for not calling Bowlen... He was in communication with the team for 2 weeks leading up to this. Bowlen could have talked to him at any time.

Cutler had already been burned by trusting Bowlen and his short term memory loss over Jeremy bates.

claymore
01-17-2011, 10:42 AM

great analytical skills. You obviously go off of facts and not emotion.

NameUsedBefore
01-17-2011, 11:10 AM

Had to look this up.

First, she is smoking.

Second, Cutler is a boss:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/01/16/article-1347702-0CCA17AE000005DC-390_233x389.jpg

The awkward grimace. The thousand mile-stare.

Foochacho
01-17-2011, 11:18 AM
great analytical skills. You obviously go off of facts and not emotion.

The fact is if you act like a douche then you probably are one. I have seen enough interviews and read enough reports to confirm my feelings toward the guy.

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=425005547662&id=151fa0889c17a8541582df8a75a08e40&index=ch1

Foochacho
01-17-2011, 11:23 AM
Sounds like you guys need to step outside and handle this. Give him a call and "Man up." Make sure to "look him in the eye" though while he's striking you.:laugh:

He posed for GQ magazine he would be to scared he would break a nail if he were to get in a fight. The good news for you is that he is more likely to be homo so you might have a chance.:D:elefant:

HORSEPOWER 56
01-17-2011, 11:27 AM
He posed for GQ magazine he would be to scared he would break a nail if he were to get in a fight. The good news for you is that he is more likely to be homo so you might have a chance.:D:elefant:

Brady Quinn is as big a pretty-boy homo as I've ever seen, still don't mean I want to fight him. He's **** diesel.

That's like saying Tebow's a ***** because he's a nice guy off the field. Whatever...

BroncoStud
01-17-2011, 11:52 AM
How do you go about comparing 1 bronco team to another, when they have different coaches/players,etc. I'd really like to know your 'secret'. :rolleyes:

Wwll, the 2008 defense was probably the worst in Broncos history and Orton took over in 2009. It wouldn't do much good to compare the Denver Broncos from 1974 to the Denver Broncos of 2009, would it?

2008 - 2009 was essentially the same personnel minus Cutler and a few others.

I know, it takes an microbiology degree to keep up here, please try. If you're going to be a smartass at least try to sound smart doing it.

BroncoStud
01-17-2011, 11:53 AM
Had to look this up.

First, she is smoking.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/01/16/article-1347702-0CCA17AE000005DC-390_233x389.jpg

WOW! Props Cutler.

Dapper Dan
01-17-2011, 01:48 PM
In 2004 we drafted
D.J. Williams
Tatum Bell
Darius Watts
Jeremy LeSueur
in the first 3 rounds.
Jared Allen went in the fourth.

What if..

Dapper Dan
01-17-2011, 01:52 PM
In 2007 we should have traded up a few spots to get Darrelle Revis. Instead, he went at pick 14 and we got Jarvis Moss at 17.

What if..

Dapper Dan
01-17-2011, 01:55 PM
In the 2003 Draft we should have traded up a few spots to get Polamalu at 16, but we took George Foster at 20.

Dapper Dan
01-17-2011, 01:57 PM
In 1985 Jerry Rice was taken at the 16th spot. We should have traded up and stolen him. Dang it. Elway would have never lost a Super Bowl.

What if...

TXBRONC
01-17-2011, 02:05 PM
Had to look this up.

First, she is smoking.

Who is she and does she have sisters? :eyebrows:

shank
01-17-2011, 02:07 PM
krtistin cavalarri*

anyone who voted that hillary swank is hot needs to google this girl and then adjust their vocabulary.

BroncoNut
01-17-2011, 02:10 PM

Hopefully in 2 years Denver will be playing in March

pnbronco
01-17-2011, 02:22 PM
Who is she and does she have sisters? :eyebrows:

I heard that they met last year at the Super Bowl and then this story came out:

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebritynews/news/wasted-kristin-cavallari-hunted-for-cocaine-at-super-bowl-2010172
The Hills star raised eyebrows for all the wrong reasons during Super Bowl weekend in Miami: "She was wasted the entire time," a source says in the new issue of Us Weekly. "She was going around to everyone, asking them to score her some coke."

BigDaddyBronco
01-17-2011, 02:28 PM
I heard that they met last year at the Super Bowl and then this story came out:

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebritynews/news/wasted-kristin-cavallari-hunted-for-cocaine-at-super-bowl-2010172
The Hills star raised eyebrows for all the wrong reasons during Super Bowl weekend in Miami: "She was wasted the entire time," a source says in the new issue of Us Weekly. "She was going around to everyone, asking them to score her some coke."
LOL. Cutler hooks up with a chick blasted on coke during the SB weekend. Goes well with his drunk diabetic ways.

Foochacho
01-17-2011, 02:32 PM
krtistin cavalarri*

anyone who voted that hillary swank is hot needs to google this girl and then adjust their vocabulary.

People actually voted Hillary Swank as hot? Her and Jennifer Garner (I get them confused because they look alike) are fugly. Jennifer Garner has that creepy Julia Roberts type mouth going, creeps me out. Also why do people call Miley Cyrus hot? I guess if you like dudes.

atwater27
01-17-2011, 02:35 PM
LMAO at this last page.

Foochacho
01-17-2011, 02:35 PM
"She's getting scary-thin and not showering regularly...She's clearly unhealthy."

Lol, Jay's upper lip probably smells like rotting fish.

BroncoStud
01-17-2011, 02:36 PM
LOL. Cutler hooks up with a chick blasted on coke during the SB weekend. Goes well with his drunk diabetic ways.

I bet she's easy... Jay can certainly afford her habit. :elefant:

bcbronc
01-24-2011, 12:10 AM
So, did we just witness the end of the Cutler era in Chicago?

key play in the NFCCG, Chi's first possession, 3rd and 7 in GB territory, Hester runs a great patter, wide open and probably scores with a good pass...and Cutler throws a ball Hester couldn't have caught with a butterfly net. Later, late in the 3rd quarter, the commentator tells us Chi is 0-9 on 3rd down conversions.

do people still consider Cutler an upper echelon QB?

BroncoStud
01-24-2011, 01:20 AM
So, did we just witness the end of the Cutler era in Chicago?

key play in the NFCCG, Chi's first possession, 3rd and 7 in GB territory, Hester runs a great patter, wide open and probably scores with a good pass...and Cutler throws a ball Hester couldn't have caught with a butterfly net. Later, late in the 3rd quarter, the commentator tells us Chi is 0-9 on 3rd down conversions.

do people still consider Cutler an upper echelon QB?

He's better than Orton, who we got from Chicago. I still don't think it was a good trade but hopefully Tebow will prove to be better than both of them, he's already better than Orton as well.

sneakers
01-24-2011, 01:52 AM
People actually voted Hillary Swank as hot? Her and Jennifer Garner (I get them confused because they look alike) are fugly. Jennifer Garner has that creepy Julia Roberts type mouth going, creeps me out. Also why do people call Miley Cyrus hot? I guess if you like dudes.

LOL this thread is now awesome!

P.S. I think Michelle Wie is hot.

robert ethan
01-24-2011, 02:06 AM
Cutler was Godawful in every concievable way in that game. With the chips on the line. He can't come back from that.

Schnauzers
01-24-2011, 03:18 PM
Cutler was Godawful in every concievable way in that game. With the chips on the line. He can't come back from that.

Then you have the question of whether he "gave up" or not. Of course I have no way to tell how badly he was injured. Just looking at him on the sidelines sure looked to me like he wasn't hurt that bad. I couldn't help but think if that was Favre in there he would have continued playing. Who knows? :rolleyes:

vettesplus
01-24-2011, 03:41 PM

dont hold your breath on this one....

BigSarge87
01-24-2011, 05:40 PM
Wow. Still glad he's gone. What a mess.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Cutler-cried-when-told-about-player-s-criticism-?urn=nfl-311669

shank
01-24-2011, 05:43 PM
LOL this thread is now awesome!

P.S. I think Michelle Wie is hot.

gulbis > wie