PDA

View Full Version : Will the real Mike McCoy step forward?

Agent of Orange
01-14-2011, 07:43 PM
Anyone think it's weird that Mike McCoy might end up being our offensive coordinator when he's already been here for 2 years and we know next to nothing about him?

I like that Fox sees the value in balance. That's also been a pretty strong mantra of Elway. But I have no idea what to expect from McCoy. Why did he even come here to be under McDaniels' thumb like that when he is liked by Fox?

muse
01-14-2011, 07:47 PM
Anyone think it's weird that Mike McCoy might end up being our offensive coordinator when he's already been here for 2 years and we know next to nothing about him?

I like that Fox sees the value in balance. That's also been a pretty strong mantra of Elway. But I have no idea what to expect from McCoy. Why did he even come here to be under McDaniels' thumb like that when he is liked by Fox?

Because he was taking a promotion from QB coach to OC...and sure, he didn't get as much freedom as he would've liked, but it was still an opportunity.

rationalfan
01-14-2011, 08:15 PM
even weirder: a coordinator so many of us thought was a moron is in demand with his pick of three or four gigs (denver, cleveland, KC, St. Louis).

Dzone
01-14-2011, 08:53 PM
Who cares? Mccoy is a Tebow guy and that is all the matters around here. This is Tebows team and if you dont like it, get the he** out

Denver Native (Carol)
01-14-2011, 09:00 PM
IMO, I don't believe McCoy was doing any of the play calling while Josh was here. So, we have absolutely nothing so far to judge him on, except for the last 3 games. I have no problem with him being retained.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-14-2011, 11:25 PM
The Cleveland Browns know who they want to bring in for offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator posts on the new coaching staff led by head coach Pat Shurmur.

The Browns are interested in Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy as well as Philadelphia Eagles secondary coach Dick Jauron, according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

The Kansas Chiefs are also looking at McCoy.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Mike-McCoy-Dick-Jauron-up-for-jobs-in-Cleveland.html

QUESTION - Did I miss something - I don't remember any of the assistant coaches being let go yet. If that is accurate, how can McCoy be considered for the same position with another team that he has here?

hotcarl
01-14-2011, 11:52 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Mike-McCoy-Dick-Jauron-up-for-jobs-in-Cleveland.html

QUESTION - Did I miss something - I don't remember any of the assistant coaches being let go yet. If that is accurate, how can McCoy be considered for the same position with another team that he has here?

only if he decides to leave on his own, or is purged like most of the useless sacks of coaching garbage that mcd piled up around here

Lancane
01-15-2011, 01:30 AM

Not really sure Carol, and he's not the only one. According to the media in San Jose, Ed Donatell our current defensive backs coach is slated to join Jim Harbaugh in San Francisco for the same position he held here.

bcbronc
01-15-2011, 01:50 AM
Not really sure Carol, and he's not the only one. According to the media in San Jose, Ed Donatell our current defensive backs coach is slated to join Jim Harbaugh in San Francisco for the same position he held here.

I'd guess the FO gave them all permission. that's kind of standard after a HC gets canned, no?