PDA

View Full Version : Tebow and Fox at dinner...

PAINTERDAVE
01-14-2011, 06:21 PM
Just heard on the newscast on Channel 7..

back before the draft... when Coach Fox took Tebow to Dinner..

Tebow snuck behind his back and paid the check!

Fox went through all the trouble to go ahead and have Tebows card refunded...
and then put the charges on his own card.

Fox said in 30 years of football he had never heard of a QB prospect doing that.

TXBRONC
01-14-2011, 06:35 PM

Fox said in 30 years of football he had never heard of a QB prospect doing that.

I'm sure I don't most if not all head coaches have never heard of a quarterback prospect paying for their meal.

Dzone
01-14-2011, 06:37 PM
Thats because Tebow is going to be the best Quarterback in the NFL next year

Softskull
01-14-2011, 06:43 PM
I'm taking Tebow to dinner. And it'll be someplace expensive.;)

GEM
01-14-2011, 06:50 PM

What!!!! College players aren't supposed to have money....where's the NCAA???

:lol:

bcbronc
01-14-2011, 06:52 PM
Awesome spam...er thread. Thx for starting it!!
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

MadMax
01-14-2011, 07:13 PM

Fox must not have known that, playing in the SEC, Tebow's salary was several orders of magnitude greater than his.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Agent of Orange
01-14-2011, 07:16 PM
Tebow's awesome. That kind of reminds me when Matt Ryan put a new sound system in their locker room on his own dime.

Bosco
01-14-2011, 07:19 PM

I'm taking Tebow drinking and ordering all top shelf.

dogfish
01-14-2011, 07:20 PM
any word on whether they had loaves and fishes?

honz
01-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Tebow is a dork.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

I Eat Staples
01-14-2011, 09:27 PM
You got something brown on your nose Tim.

Agent of Orange
01-14-2011, 09:37 PM
You got something brown on your nose Tim.

Nah, he did the same kind of thing when he arrived in Denver for the first time after being drafted and he wanted to stay in Denver on his own dime and dive into the playbook...or whatever.

Northman
01-14-2011, 09:44 PM
any word on whether they had loaves and fishes?

Betcha they had water, then wine.

nevcraw
01-14-2011, 09:55 PM

ahhhh.. that's why they were spotted sharing the same blinged out gold cup.

everyone thought it was crunk..

Agent of Orange
01-14-2011, 09:55 PM

No deviled eggs or devil's food cake?

vettesplus
01-14-2011, 09:56 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Italianmobstr7
01-15-2011, 02:27 AM

Doesn't matter how expensive it is, Tebow isn't putting out. ;)

dogfish
01-15-2011, 02:29 AM
Doesn't matter how expensive it is, Tebow isn't putting out. ;)

how much did it cost you to determine that?

;)

NightTrainLayne
01-15-2011, 10:54 AM

Tebow's Evangelical. It was probably just grape juice.

TXBRONC
01-15-2011, 10:58 AM

When did White Castle become a five star restaurant? :lol:

Sinthor
01-16-2011, 11:59 AM
Ugh... I really wish stories like this would just go away. YES, Tebow's just a really nice guy who apparently has some morals, etc. And believe me, I respect that. In fact, I wish more of our athletes and others who become "role models" for youth would be like that. BUT....

This guy has so many people gunning against him that stories like this just tend to fuel the fire. Look, it's against the odds for ANY college player, much less a QB (the hardest position to master in football) to succeed in the NFL. I've never seen a guy who accomplished what Tebow did in college given so much disrespect when it comes to his chances at making it in the NFL. Frankly, it makes me want to see him succeed even more. Hopefully with the Broncos since that will make the TEAM succeed, but even somewhere else, due to the level of ripping he gets just about everywhere. And I didn't even know anything about him till the Broncos drafted him (well, very little).

Anyway, my point is that there's so much negativity and drive to see this guy not succeed due (in part at least) to some initial evaluations before draft that some have a vested interest in being right about that. I think it's pretty clear that he's been picked apart more than the other rookies this year, even those he played better than. Stuff like this just makes for more negative fuel (ironically enough since it's a nice story) for those folk.

You know what my dream scenario for this next year is? We don't hear ANYTHING about Tebow, good or bad. During training camp he becomes the starter and has a solid (effectively rookie) year during the season. A good enough year that there's no controversy and he gets to be the starter for the next year or two by default so he can be evaluated for the full 3 year period most young QB's get. That's all. If he turns out to be good or great that will be wonderful. If not, that's too bad but at least he'll have gotten his chance.

I'm not sure why he gets the microscope when it comes to his faith either. Half the interviews with players that I hear talk about god and their faith- you see group prayers in locker rooms and after the games...how come nobody talks about that with these other players?

tripleoption
01-16-2011, 12:06 PM
Anyway, my point is that there's so much negativity and drive to see this guy not succeed due (in part at least) to some initial evaluations before draft that some have a vested interest in being right about that.

:salute: Hammer, meet nail. People hate being wrong, especially about stuff like this, and wanna say "see I told you so". I'm as guilty of it as anyone else is :laugh:

Day1BroncoFan
01-16-2011, 12:46 PM
I just hope he doesn't get lead astray by any Oakland cheerleaders.

Sinthor
01-16-2011, 01:33 PM
I just hope he doesn't get lead astray by any Oakland cheerleaders.

LOL! Too funny! Even Elway succumbed in the end!

PAINTERDAVE
01-16-2011, 01:43 PM
LOL! Too funny! Even Elway succumbed in the end!

Elway was never a choir boy...
They covered up his dui..
and his indiscretions never made big news stories.

Tebow is just gonna be who Tebow is.

The stories around him will exist no matter what he does..
but he KNOWS that most of the world, especially the media,
is praying he messes up.

It goes beyond local media with TIM, though...
there are haters out there who WANT him to mess up...

JaxBroncoGirl
01-16-2011, 02:58 PM
Everyone here knows how I feel about Tebow. I watched him in every game in college and like most here I do not understand the treatment or plain bad media campaigns or experts tearing him apart. It is not like Tim killed a bunch of dogs or something, he just wants to play football and be the best QB he can be. Maybe it is the "IT" factor that experts cannot understand about him. I hope he brings the Broncos back I know he will try harder than anyone to do it. He is a winner plain and simple and I am glad that the Broncos have him. I so hope next year he will show the world just how good of a Player and Leader he is. Go Broncos!

One more point, I thought Tim would struggle in the NFL because he is not use to loosing. You know what they say, "on any given Sunday". Tim cannot stand to ever lose and he takes it to heart. If that is his only struggle, then we should be happy he is a Bronco.

JaxBroncoGirl
01-16-2011, 03:50 PM
I would like to thank Mastershake for helping me with my signature pictures. They are so cool. It took me awhile to understand how to insert into my signature but I got it. It looks Great!!!!!!

BroncoStud
01-16-2011, 05:43 PM
I wonder who picked up the tab that night at the "Titty Twister" after dinner. Tim or John?

Juriga72
01-16-2011, 09:38 PM
It was Tebow's way of saying..."Dude... no way I want you as my NFL coach...ever"

and look what that got him.

EMB6903
01-16-2011, 10:14 PM
Everyone here knows how I feel about Tebow. I watched him in every game in college and like most here I do not understand the treatment or plain bad media campaigns or experts tearing him apart. It is not like Tim killed a bunch of dogs or something, he just wants to play football and be the best QB he can be. Maybe it is the "IT" factor that experts cannot understand about him. I hope he brings the Broncos back I know he will try harder than anyone to do it. He is a winner plain and simple and I am glad that the Broncos have him. I so hope next year he will show the world just how good of a Player and Leader he is. Go Broncos!

One more point, I thought Tim would struggle in the NFL because he is not use to loosing. You know what they say, "on any given Sunday". Tim cannot stand to ever lose and he takes it to heart. If that is his only struggle, then we should be happy he is a Bronco

That was also one of the several things I questioned about Tebow when Denver drafted him as well... how he would play when things werent going his way?

He answered that quickly with his 2nd half performances against Houston and San Diego.

The kid is an absolute fighter.

Cugel
01-17-2011, 12:23 AM

Congrats! Wildest Leap of Illogic of 2011 so far! :laugh:

Tebow pays for check = Tebow will be the "best QB in the NFL next year!"

Probably not even Tebow believes this. :coffee:

Sinthor
01-17-2011, 01:47 AM
I would like to thank Mastershake for helping me with my signature pictures. They are so cool. It took me awhile to understand how to insert into my signature but I got it. It looks Great!!!!!!

Well, they look AWESOME. Wish I could figure that stuff out. I think those are my two favorite potential players on the team as well. Since Royal's rookie year I thought he'd be great and it's been frustrating to see how he's been used since and Tebow...well I've been impressed and am really hoping he keeps improving and is consistent! Anyway, GREAT signature!

BroncoStud
01-17-2011, 01:51 AM

Lmao, dude I'm usually in agreement with you but this one is a bit much, he might be top 10, but even that might be stretching it lol...