PDA

View Full Version : Official My Team Choked Thread.

Poet
09-23-2007, 07:39 PM
The Bengals choked, and they choked hard. What should have been an easy win turned into ANOTHER heartbreaking lose. We played well against Alexander barring two runs, that should be enough right? I mean that man is their offense, no way we could lose a game to the Hawks when we play that well against him right? Our secondary cannot be that bad right? Don't worry people, ESPN's ticker didn't lie to you, the Bengals lost. Palmer had an off game, and we cannot win when he is less then great. Unlike Brady or Manning Palmer truely is his team. Brady can and has played average and had his team support him and get a W, Manning's defense can come through for him in the playoffs, last year his running backs can come through for him, Palmer has no other option then the man he sees everytime he looks in the mirror. So Palmer plays a less then stellar game and guess what happens? Our defense plays well against the run, awesome we win right? No, our secondary gets burned again and again, and our special plays poorly....wait no that is an insult to all poor playing special team units everywhere, they played like crap. We either kick the ball out of bounds on a kickoff or we fumble, or we give up a TD. The Bengals are the most talented offense in this league when you look at the overall roster, especially with Chris Henry. And we are going to miss the playoffs unless we get a MIRACLE win against the Patriots. And believe you me, it will be a miracle win if it does happen (my prediction is Patriots 45 Bengals 17 with a TD coming in garbage time), in fact I would not like 7 to one odds on my money betting on the Bengals. But at the end of the game with have three timeouts, we have one of the top three QBs in the league (I challenge anyone to name three better QBs in this league, I will destroy you) and we have two great WRs. What we do not have is a dependable special teams unit, we do not have a secondary that can step up with our front seven plays their heart out. All we have is the most unappreciated QB in the game and a great WR trio, and that is not enough when your defense and special teams unit are THAT bad. I saw that the Jaguars beat the Broncos today, it may shock you but I was rooting for the Broncos. Contrary to popular belief I am not a Bronco hater or a Charger Fanboy, I am just a guy who likes to talk smack to anyone who makes outrageous claims or less then thought out posts. So yeah I have a sig bet with Dogfish on our teams record, but if we lose to the Patriots next week I will prolly root for three teams; the Bengals (WHO DEY ALL DAY PEOPLE!!!!!), the Broncos (One of my best friends is a Broncos fan and he always roots for the Bengals), and the Saints (Ok, I am a sucker for feel good stories barring Tom Brady).

Anyone care to comment about their respective teams poor performance?

Medford Bronco
09-23-2007, 09:59 PM
The Bengals choked, and they choked hard. What should have been an easy win turned into ANOTHER heartbreaking lose. We played well against Alexander barring two runs, that should be enough right? I mean that man is their offense, no way we could lose a game to the Hawks when we play that well against him right? Our secondary cannot be that bad right? Don't worry people, ESPN's ticker didn't lie to you, the Bengals lost. Palmer had an off game, and we cannot win when he is less then great. Unlike Brady or Manning Palmer truely is his team. Brady can and has played average and had his team support him and get a W, Manning's defense can come through for him in the playoffs, last year his running backs can come through for him, Palmer has no other option then the man he sees everytime he looks in the mirror. So Palmer plays a less then stellar game and guess what happens? Our defense plays well against the run, awesome we win right? No, our secondary gets burned again and again, and our special plays poorly....wait no that is an insult to all poor playing special team units everywhere, they played like crap. We either kick the ball out of bounds on a kickoff or we fumble, or we give up a TD. The Bengals are the most talented offense in this league when you look at the overall roster, especially with Chris Henry. And we are going to miss the playoffs unless we get a MIRACLE win against the Patriots. And believe you me, it will be a miracle win if it does happen (my prediction is Patriots 45 Bengals 17 with a TD coming in garbage time), in fact I would not like 7 to one odds on my money betting on the Bengals. But at the end of the game with have three timeouts, we have one of the top three QBs in the league (I challenge anyone to name three better QBs in this league, I will destroy you) and we have two great WRs. What we do not have is a dependable special teams unit, we do not have a secondary that can step up with our front seven plays their heart out. All we have is the most unappreciated QB in the game and a great WR trio, and that is not enough when your defense and special teams unit are THAT bad. I saw that the Jaguars beat the Broncos today, it may shock you but I was rooting for the Broncos. Contrary to popular belief I am not a Bronco hater or a Charger Fanboy, I am just a guy who likes to talk smack to anyone who makes outrageous claims or less then thought out posts. So yeah I have a sig bet with Dogfish on our teams record, but if we lose to the Patriots next week I will prolly root for three teams; the Bengals (WHO DEY ALL DAY PEOPLE!!!!!), the Broncos (One of my best friends is a Broncos fan and he always roots for the Bengals), and the Saints (Ok, I am a sucker for feel good stories barring Tom Brady).

My team choked as well, The Broncos look like crap and have to go to Indy :scared:

WTE
09-24-2007, 02:27 PM

Not me. You won't be seeing much of me in this thread throughout the year.

In fact, this will probably be the last time.

:first:

bengaaaaals1688
09-24-2007, 02:34 PM

You mean until you guys lose to the pathetic defense that is the focal point of this thread??;)

OB
09-24-2007, 02:37 PM
Not me. You won't be seeing much of me throughout the year.

If only we could be soooo lucky :ciao:

Poet
09-24-2007, 04:33 PM

You are predicting a 16-0 season?

Sign me up for that bet.:rolleyes:

Poet
09-24-2007, 04:34 PM
If only we could be soooo lucky :ciao:

All you gotta do is just jump on that Patriot Bandwagon like he did/:D

WTE
09-25-2007, 07:37 AM
All you gotta do is just jump on that Patriot Bandwagon like he did/:D

He'd have to go all the way back to the Ford Administration to do that.

:listen:

OB
09-25-2007, 11:46 AM

SHE is too young for that - oh no - well I was a baby any ways :nixon: :D

Poet
09-25-2007, 03:49 PM

Cool, so are you predicting a 16-0 season? You certainly implied it....

sanluis
09-25-2007, 05:06 PM
My team is just saving itself for later in the season. I figure we start trying around week #5! :shocked::D

WTE
09-25-2007, 11:02 PM
Cool, so are you predicting a 16-0 season? You certainly implied it....

Naw, too many tough games against teams like Dallas, Baltimore, Indy and Pitt. (notice I didn't say Cincinnati?)

Besides, this thread is about your team choking and I don't expect my Patriots to choke this year. They may get outplayed once or twice this year but they won't choke. They're too well coached and have too many great players to do that.

Poet
09-25-2007, 11:45 PM
Naw, too many tough games against teams like Dallas, Baltimore, Indy and Pitt. (notice I didn't say Cincinnati?)

Besides, this thread is about your team choking and I don't expect my Patriots to choke this year. They may get outplayed once or twice this year but they won't choke. They're too well coached and have too many great players to do that.

If you think that Baltimore is tougher then Cincy then I really hate to burst your bubble, but not so much. The Bengals may not be a very good team, but they will finish ahead of Baltimore.

bengaaaaals1688
09-26-2007, 04:53 PM
If you think that Baltimore is tougher then Cincy then I really hate to burst your bubble, but not so much. The Bengals may not be a very good team, but they will finish ahead of Baltimore.

And beat you guys on Monday.:cool:

Poet
09-26-2007, 05:37 PM
And beat you guys on Monday.:cool:

Last time you said that we lost. Do not jinx us young one.

bengaaaaals1688
09-26-2007, 06:15 PM
Last time you said that we lost. Do not jinx us young one.

I am not guaranteeing it... I am predicting it... 2 different things.;)

Poet
09-26-2007, 06:58 PM
I am not guaranteeing it... I am predicting it... 2 different things.;)

If you are guaranteeing something that is pretty much predicting that it will happen............................im not up for a semantic war.

bengaaaaals1688
09-26-2007, 08:10 PM

If you are guaranteeing something that is pretty much predicting that it will happen............................im not up for a semantic war.

I will not say it is definite, but I do think it is going to happen, hence me saying it.

Poet
09-26-2007, 10:43 PM
I will not say it is definite, but I do think it is going to happen, hence me saying it.

Doesn't matter, Rudi is now expected to make the start. We cant win with that piece of crap in the game.

bengaaaaals1688
09-26-2007, 10:44 PM
Doesn't matter, Rudi is now expected to make the start. We cant win with that piece of crap in the game.

I ain't getting into that again.

Poet
09-26-2007, 10:46 PM
I ain't getting into that again.

Sometimes it is better to be silent when you are wrong. Dang Kyle you would never talk then huh?:laugh:

bengaaaaals1688
09-26-2007, 10:51 PM
Sometimes it is better to be silent when you are wrong. Dang Kyle you would never talk then huh?:laugh:

No... it is better to be silent on a topic that we have already come to the conclusion we will never agree on lol. And if that was the case... then I would always be talking because I am always right... we have been through this before.:first:

Poet
09-26-2007, 10:53 PM
No... it is better to be silent on a topic that we have already come to the conclusion we will never agree on lol. And if that was the case... then I would always be talking because I am always right... we have been through this before.:first:

You are only right when you agree with me. Case closed.

I said it's closed.

bengaaaaals1688
09-26-2007, 11:33 PM
You are only right when you agree with me. Case closed.

I said it's closed.

It isn't closed until I say it's closed... now bow to me.:focus:

Poet
09-27-2007, 12:00 AM
It isn't closed until I say it's closed... now bow to me.:focus:

The topic is whatever I say it is.

New topic, why I own so much.

Answer, because barring Kyle the rest of you guys are terrible smack talkers.

THE END!

bengaaaaals1688
09-27-2007, 12:32 AM
The topic is whatever I say it is.

New topic, why I own so much.

Answer, because barring Kyle the rest of you guys are terrible smack talkers.

THE END!

The end?? You think you have the power to end this?? That is so far from the truth you couldn't see the truth with the Hubble Telescope. This ends how I want it to end, when I want it to end. And that's that.

Poet
09-27-2007, 02:59 PM
The end?? You think you have the power to end this?? That is so far from the truth you couldn't see the truth with the Hubble Telescope. This ends how I want it to end, when I want it to end. And that's that.

Ahem

wrong.