PDA

View Full Version : Josh McDaniels Still Holding Strings In Denver

WARHORSE
01-14-2011, 02:15 PM
What does that mean, huh? Read on.

In St. Louis, theres talk about the offensive coordinators going on and I believe this will have impact in Denver before all is said and done.

Right now, Josh McDaniels name is being considered for the Rams OC job now that Shurmur has moved on to Cleveland. The Rams job is the one McDaniels wants.

I think from a career standpoint anyone can see why Josh wants to go there. Bradford is the epitomy of the type of QB he needs to make his offense flourish. He studied tape of the man when we played them.

McDaniels has asperations to be a HC again, and Bradford affords him the ticket to get there if he can go into St. Louis and light it up.

What does this mean for us?

Well if he goes to the Rams, hes going to need WRs. And guess who has them.........right...us. Even a guy like Willis will have trade value because the Rams have nothing at the WR position. All of our WRs all of a sudden got a place to go if we need to get more picks.......which we do.

On the other hand..........IF the Rams prefer to keep Bradford in the same offense, and desire continuity there, they will probably keep Curl the QB coach for Bradford last year and move him to OC.

That of course makes Minnesota a prime candidate for Orton. McDaniels is going to push for Orton because Minnesota has no QB to run his offense, and as we know, the offense is complicated. No rookie will run it there to any effect, and no vet they have on their roster will do it either. Both Webb and Tavaris Jackson are not going to run that offense imo.

They couldnt run the offense in place, how can they do anything more complicated?

So, Josh still has his puppet little hands on Denver in some respect.

Go Josh Go..........far away.:coffee:

Dirk
01-14-2011, 02:19 PM

:lol:

That is just extremely funny to me. :laugh:

HORSEPOWER 56
01-14-2011, 02:20 PM
I'd be happy to trade Gaffney to him for a 4th round pick! Anyone else will cost him more...

Foochacho
01-14-2011, 02:32 PM
He can have Dick Quinn.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-14-2011, 02:34 PM
He can have Dick Quinn.

Hell yeah, for the second rounder he spent on his ass!!!

TXBRONC
01-14-2011, 02:45 PM
We would only get those kind of picks if McDaniels was incharge of player personnel.

jhildebrand
01-14-2011, 02:47 PM
Willis will be a stud. Do not get rid of that kid. Give up Gaffney. Give up Lloyd. I don't care but keep the youth.

TXBRONC
01-14-2011, 02:54 PM
Willis will be a stud. Do not get rid of that kid. Give up Gaffney. Give up Lloyd. I don't care but keep the youth.

Lloyd I would be more inclined to keep. If Gaffney were to get traded I wouldn't any sleep over it.

Traveler
01-14-2011, 02:57 PM
Of all our wide receivers, who is expendable? I'm sure the youth will be retained (Thomas & Decker, Royal). But, we still need a veteran presence (Lloyd & Gaffney).

Who has more to us long term value between Lloyd & Gaffney? How does Royal factor into the equation? Or does he?

Should be a very interesting offseason....

Dirk
01-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Trade Thomas to McD. Thomas can't stay on the field 2 games in a row. Yes he has a lot of potential but jeez-o-pete that dude is hurt all the time.

MadMax
01-14-2011, 03:10 PM
This is good, anything which increases the demand for our players(even if it increases it from 0 to 1 interested team) increases their trade value. Which is good for us.

jrelway
01-14-2011, 03:14 PM
it would be nice if oakland hires him as a HC. He'll trade mclain, asomugha, and mcfadden to us for a first round pick next year.

MadMax
01-14-2011, 03:31 PM
it would be nice if oakland hires him as a HC. He'll trade mclain, asomugha, and mcfadden to us for a first round pick next year.

Asomugha is already an FA, but he'd probably trade us Mclain and McFadden for Gronkowski and a conditional 6th.

I can see it now "I never said McFadden was a bad running back, I just didn't think he was a fit for our scheme"

silkamilkamonico
01-14-2011, 03:35 PM
Trade all of our WR's to St Louis. We won't need them anymore anyways. Yes, I'm serious.

Cugel
01-14-2011, 03:38 PM
Asomugha is already an FA, but he'd probably trade us Mclain and McFadden for Gronkowski and a conditional 6th.

I can see it now "I never said McFadden was a bad running back, I just didn't think he was a fit for our scheme"

#1 -- McDaniels is never going to Oakland.

#2 -- Al Davis is currently making arrangements with Satan so that he can continue to make all player personnel decisions for the Raiders from Hell after his deal is up. :coffee:

This doesn't leave much room for McDaniels to do any more damage to another NFL team in terms of trading away all their talent.

MadMax
01-14-2011, 03:45 PM

#2 -- Al Davis is currently making arrangements with Satan so that he can continue to make all player personnel decisions for the Raiders from Hell after his deal is up. :coffee:

This doesn't leave much room for McDaniels to do any more damage to another NFL team in terms of trading away all their talent.

All kidding aside this is why I think McDaniels to Oakland is on the edge of the realm of possibility. First, as you said he'll never have input on player acquisition. Second, the Raiders are one of the few places where berating your subordinates and being hard to work with are pluses on your resume.

I wonder if they'll have a sideline phone connected to Hell so Al Davis can still override defensive play calls?

rationalfan
01-14-2011, 03:58 PM

if you're serious you'd make mcd look like a genius GM.

people, lloyd had the best season by a broncos wideout EVER. his yards per catch was ridiculous (18.8), he had 11 touchdowns, over 1,400 yards and he made spectacular receptions look routine.

why do a practice squad hero (willis) and a nice guy who hasn't done anything in two years (royal) get more respect on this board? blows my mind.

GEM
01-14-2011, 04:06 PM

people, lloyd had the best season by a broncos wideout EVER. his yards per catch was ridiculous (18.8), he had 11 touchdowns, over 1,400 yards and he made spectacular receptions look routine.

why do a practice squad hero (willis) and a nice guy who hasn't done anything in two years (royal) get more respect on this board? blows my mind.

Because it's not guaranteed that Lloyd isn't a one year wonder. 9 years in the league and one good year. Especially with a system change. It may be that he can't do a bunch in the system we will have. He doesn't have a large body of good years to base an opinion on.

:shrugs:

silkamilkamonico
01-14-2011, 04:06 PM

Yea I think we'd be insane to get rid of Lloyd, especially since he is under such a reasonable contract. I also don't think much of Willis and think he was just this year's flavor of preseason. Last year it was Kenny McKinley. I personally wouldn't be surprised, with our depth, if WIllis just flat out doesn't make the team next year.

GEM
01-14-2011, 04:07 PM
I do agree on the contract though....he's cheap so no reason to put him out there. That will be next season when he is demanding a payday.

JDL
01-14-2011, 04:14 PM
Trade Thomas to McD. Thomas can't stay on the field 2 games in a row. Yes he has a lot of potential but jeez-o-pete that dude is hurt all the time.

Didn't you ever notice... Moreno barely has any reps after his holdout and is thrown in for extensive action in his first preseason game... gets hurt... McD pushes him to come back early, hurts himself worse... Thomas is recovering from his injury that we were aware of when we drafted him, but we rush him back, he re-aggravates it... Ryan Harris.. gets injured.. he admits later he just simply came back too early and re-injures it... same thing happened with Andre Goodman who made a brief appearance where the guy was just awful and clearly shouldn't have been on the field he was so injured....

Am I the only one who can read between the lines? There was a lot of pressure put on our players to play, injured or not... to their detriment or not... I would venture to guess Thomas NEVER made it to 100% before he was thrown out there same with Moreno... hopefully, we respect the healing process from here on out and get our players healed.... AND THEN get them in shape so they can better manage their injuries... can't believe we were forcing rookies with no offseason workouts with the teams to push through injuries like that... just damn idiotic... sorry... these were still boys who needed to be given the time and training necessary to acclimate to the speed and toughness of the game... we always dealt with injuries extremely poorly and seemed to have an inordinate amount under McDaniels that just lingered on and on.

NightTrainLayne
01-14-2011, 04:14 PM
I'd be happy to trade Gaffney to him for a 4th round pick! Anyone else will cost him more...

WTF? Only a 4th? Josh will overpay. Get a 2nd from him. Good grief, didn't you learn anything about McD while he was here? :D :D :D :D

silkamilkamonico
01-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Am I the only one who can read between the lines? There was a lot of pressure put on our players to play, injured or not... to their detriment or not...

Welcome to the NFL. This happened under Shanahan, and 31 other NFL franchises. They aren't paying you to sit on the bench. It's one of the reasons why the health insurance benefits of the NFl, if the players choose to invest in, is so extraordinary.

JDL
01-14-2011, 04:21 PM
Only thing with Lloyd is that he's never strung two good seasons together... and it isn't all that uncommon for WRs to have a career year and never approach that kind of production again...

Everyone understands the concept of selling high...but nobody ever seems capable of doing it. Lloyd doesn't project to be our Top WR for years to come.. that should be Thomas... Lloyd has 1 year left on his deal.... and he'll be 30yrs old in July.... so.... what about that situation doesn't scream trade bait?

I am fine if he stays, not so fine if we give him a big contract extension... the guy had one once before with Washington and it was a disaster.

JDL
01-14-2011, 04:23 PM
Welcome to the NFL. This happened under Shanahan, and 31 other NFL franchises. They aren't paying you to sit on the bench. It's one of the reasons why the health insurance benefits of the NFl, if the players choose to invest in, is so extraordinary.

No other team sticks a rookie fresh off the street into a preseason game for several carries... tell me who does that? :rolleyes: There's a BIG f-ing difference.

GEM
01-14-2011, 04:23 PM
Didn't you ever notice... Moreno barely has any reps after his holdout and is thrown in for extensive action in his first preseason game... gets hurt... McD pushes him to come back early, hurts himself worse... Thomas is recovering from his injury that we were aware of when we drafted him, but we rush him back, he re-aggravates it... Ryan Harris.. gets injured.. he admits later he just simply came back too early and re-injures it... same thing happened with Andre Goodman who made a brief appearance where the guy was just awful and clearly shouldn't have been on the field he was so injured....

Am I the only one who can read between the lines? There was a lot of pressure put on our players to play, injured or not... to their detriment or not... I would venture to guess Thomas NEVER made it to 100% before he was thrown out there same with Moreno... hopefully, we respect the healing process from here on out and get our players healed.... AND THEN get them in shape so they can better manage their injuries... can't believe we were forcing rookies with no offseason workouts with the teams to push through injuries like that... just damn idiotic... sorry... these were still boys who needed to be given the time and training necessary to acclimate to the speed and toughness of the game... we always dealt with injuries extremely poorly and seemed to have an inordinate amount under McDaniels that just lingered on and on.

Yes, it's ONLY you....cause you be Wile E. Coyote....Suuuuuuuuuper Genius. :D

JDL
01-14-2011, 04:24 PM
Yes, it's ONLY you....cause you be Wile E. Coyote....Suuuuuuuuuper Genius. :D

:welcome:

Here's my Ass

Kiss it!

You already are... :cool:

GEM
01-14-2011, 04:25 PM
:welcome:

Here's my Ass

Kiss it!

You already are... :cool:

Touchy touchy....can't take a joke. Didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch. My apologies. GB2.

Besides...pompous ass does nothing for me.

JDL
01-14-2011, 04:28 PM
Touchy touchy....can't take a joke. Didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch. My apologies. GB2.

Besides...pompous ass does nothing for me.

My panties are perfectly adjusted... thank you very much

You just can't take a simple analysis without taking a shot that added ZERO to the conversation... I only reflected your immaturity in kind..if you don't like that type of response, perhaps you should grow up and probably take a look at your own panties... while you're at it. :laugh:

silkamilkamonico
01-14-2011, 04:30 PM
No other team sticks a rookie fresh off the street into a preseason game for several carries... tell me who does that? :rolleyes: There's a BIG f-ing difference.

What rookie "fresh off the street"? Are you talking about Moreno, who Denver invested millions in before he even showed up to camp? He was an investment, who was expected to stay in condition and sink or swim along swith everyone else. Every organization does that.

GEM
01-14-2011, 04:30 PM

You just can't take a simple analysis without taking a shot that added ZERO to the conversation... I only reflected your immaturity in kind..if you don't like that type of response, perhaps you should grow up and probably take a look at your own panties... while you're at it. :laugh:

Simple analysis where you have to demean anyone reading it. Pretty much shows your inflated ego and your own immaturity.

Moving on...

TXBRONC
01-14-2011, 04:32 PM
Because it's not guaranteed that Lloyd isn't a one year wonder. 9 years in the league and one good year. Especially with a system change. It may be that he can't do a bunch in the system we will have. He doesn't have a large body of good years to base an opinion on.

Good point, but if it were up to me to decided between Lloyd and Gaffney I would take Lloyd over Gaffney hands down. Lloyd can at least say he has had one spectacular season, Gaffney still hasn't done anything impressive.

JDL
01-14-2011, 04:34 PM
What rookie "fresh off the street"?

Knowshon Moreno days after being signed after an extended holdout that cost him all of training camp (the time before preseason games where players get in shape) and much to the chagrin of many was thrown into the next preseason game for extensive work and he got hurt.... some would humbly suggest (or not so much in my case) that he was thrown in there too soon...

It's one thing if that is a vet player who knows the speed of the game and how to keep themselves in shape, but that's a rookie who hadn't done much of anything since with the team and since the draft... it was a bad idea and it set him back... he really didn't get going again til midseason. I am only suggesting that that may have been very similar to what happened to Thomas and so not to write Thomas off yet, a full year of healthy workouts with the team and training could do him wonders.

turftoad
01-14-2011, 04:37 PM
The Rams have decent WR's.

Clayton was having an excellent year as was Donny Avery before both were placed on IR. Danario Alexander and Marty Gilyard are also very young up and commers.

The Rams are sitting fine at WR. It's not like they are hurting enough to give up needed draft picks on our WR's.

silkamilkamonico
Knowshon Moreno days after being signed after an extended holdout that cost him all of training camp (the time before preseason games where players get in shape) and much to the chagrin of many was thrown into the next preseason game for extensive work and he got hurt.... some would humbly suggest (or not so much in my case) that he was thrown in there too soon...

It's one thing if that is a vet player who knows the speed of the game and how to keep themselves in shape, but that's a rookie who hadn't done much of anything since with the team and since the draft... it was a bad idea and it set him back... he really didn't get going again til midseason. I am only suggesting that that may have been very similar to what happened to Thomas and so not to write Thomas off yet, a full year of healthy workouts with the team and training could do him wonders.

Moreno was a RB. Take the handoff and go. He did it 2 years at Georgia before going to the NFL. He was expected to be Denver's starting RB in week 1. He was a rookie. He just signed a multi million dollar contract. Yes, he was expected to be in condition to get a few carries that first game. He wasn't. He also wasn't this season either. I think that says something along the lines of Knowshon Moreno.

JDL
Simple analysis where you have to demean anyone reading it. Pretty much shows your inflated ego and your own immaturity.

Moving on...

Sorry, if your sensitivities took offense to how you interpreted what I said (with all due respect what you quoted is a common saying and doesn't have to be taken the way you took it, but that is what you ASSumed)... lol :coffee:

Move along then.. don't let your panties get caught on the way out... wouldn't want that. :laugh:

JDL
01-14-2011, 04:42 PM
Moreno was a RB. Take the handoff and go. He did it 2 years at Georgia before going to the NFL. He was expected to be Denver's starting RB in week 1. He was a rookie. He just signed a multi million dollar contract. Yes, he was expected to be in condition to get a few carries that first game. He wasn't. He also wasn't this season either. I think that says something along the lines of Knowshon Moreno.

Yeah, but it was the 1st preseason game... there wasn't any need to throw him out there after what... 2 days of training camp never being exposed to that kind of hitting and when the players on the field had several weeks of training on him... expecting a rookie at a position that takes very severe hits to be ready to go after two days, is pretty naive and the setback (his hamstring) meant he wasn't ready for Week 1 and that is on McDaniels... it is just simply unrealistic to expect him to walk in off the street and play at NFL level..

Players state all the time and you see it all the time... as much as you workout on your own, nothing can prepare you for traning camp like training camp or game speed... it is a whole nother level, obviously you disagree with that, but the fact is that it is not common in the NFL for rookies with no prep time to be thrown out in the first preseason game just a couple days after signing... it happens from time to time, but it is not common... usually teams have them sit for that game so they can get a full week of work in.

JDL
01-14-2011, 04:46 PM
FTR, though... Moreno has had trouble staying healthy throughout college and the NFL... so don't take it to mean that I am blaming McD entirely for his injuries... I just don't think McD handled injured players very well and I am suggesting that that is why D. Thomas had a hard time getting on the field... he was not properly rehabbed...he had a relatively healthy career in college that wouldn't suggest an injury-prone player.

Dirk
01-14-2011, 04:46 PM

I totally see where you are coming from and you make some valid points. I would still consider getting rid of Thomas and putting either willis or decker in his place. I was a big fan of Thomas until he showed that he gets hurt every time he gets hit. Just sayin...

Dirk
01-14-2011, 04:48 PM

I'll look at your panties Gem. :naughty:

JDL
01-14-2011, 04:52 PM
I totally see where you are coming from and you make some valid points. I would still consider getting rid of Thomas and putting either willis or decker in his place. I was a big fan of Thomas until he showed that he gets hurt every time he gets hit. Just sayin...

I would just say give the kid a full offseason to fully develop his body... he was put in a situation in college where he was constantly run blocking which is far more physical than running routes and he seemed to stay healthy... I just think he took some wicked shots this past year but with a full offseason (hopefully depending on the CBA) he will continue to get bigger and stronger.

Dirk
01-14-2011, 04:59 PM
I would just say give the kid a full offseason to fully develop his body... he was put in a situation in college where he was constantly run blocking which is far more physical than running routes and he seemed to stay healthy... I just think he took some wicked shots this past year but with a full offseason (hopefully depending on the CBA) he will continue to get bigger and stronger.

I guess we shall see. I mean if he can stay healthy and on the field he may develop into a great receiver.

Ravage!!!
01-14-2011, 05:08 PM
The Rams have decent WR's.

Clayton was having an excellent year as was Donny Avery before both were placed on IR. Danario Alexander and Marty Gilyard are also very young up and commers.

The Rams are sitting fine at WR. It's not like they are hurting enough to give up needed draft picks on our WR's.

Not to mention Danny Amendola who is a young kid and caught 85 passes. I don't think we have that many WRs that we are some "plucking ground" for any team... at ALL.

Agent of Orange
01-14-2011, 05:27 PM
What does that mean, huh? Read on.

In St. Louis, theres talk about the offensive coordinators going on and I believe this will have impact in Denver before all is said and done.

Right now, Josh McDaniels name is being considered for the Rams OC job now that Shurmur has moved on to Cleveland. The Rams job is the one McDaniels wants.

I think from a career standpoint anyone can see why Josh wants to go there. Bradford is the epitomy of the type of QB he needs to make his offense flourish. He studied tape of the man when we played them.

McDaniels has asperations to be a HC again, and Bradford affords him the ticket to get there if he can go into St. Louis and light it up.

What does this mean for us?

Well if he goes to the Rams, hes going to need WRs. And guess who has them.........right...us. Even a guy like Willis will have trade value because the Rams have nothing at the WR position. All of our WRs all of a sudden got a place to go if we need to get more picks.......which we do.

On the other hand..........IF the Rams prefer to keep Bradford in the same offense, and desire continuity there, they will probably keep Curl the QB coach for Bradford last year and move him to OC.

That of course makes Minnesota a prime candidate for Orton. McDaniels is going to push for Orton because Minnesota has no QB to run his offense, and as we know, the offense is complicated. No rookie will run it there to any effect, and no vet they have on their roster will do it either. Both Webb and Tavaris Jackson are not going to run that offense imo.

They couldnt run the offense in place, how can they do anything more complicated?

So, Josh still has his puppet little hands on Denver in some respect.

Do they have a real GM?

WARHORSE
01-14-2011, 05:48 PM
Do they have a real GM?

Yup. He has a certificate to prove it too.;)

Agent of Orange
01-14-2011, 06:25 PM
Yup. He has a certificate to prove it too.;)

Well then, it's doubtful we'll fleece the Rams the way other teams did us when Josh was the GM.

spikerman
01-14-2011, 06:42 PM
They can have all of Denver's receivers if it means I never have to watch that wave of the hand in front of the face move again. You know, the "you can't cover what you can't see" move.

Lonestar
01-14-2011, 07:00 PM

You knowthat asomugha is a UFA and no longer a raider.

Lonestar
01-14-2011, 07:04 PM

Wow y'all need to let go of the hate for Josh.

Scary just how much there is.

rationalfan
01-14-2011, 08:18 PM

you're right. so we should discard a proven player for somebody (willis) who's never done anything except excite fans with a few preseason highlights?

call me crazy, but i'd rather have a 1,400 yard receiver than some guy who has two receptions in two seasons.

rationalfan
01-14-2011, 08:20 PM
They can have all of Denver's receivers if it means I never have to watch that wave of the hand in front of the face move again. You know, the "you can't cover what you can't see" move.

seriously? you'd get rid of a talented lot just because you don't like their celebration? good thing you weren't a bengals GM when ickey woods was wearing the stripes.

I Eat Staples
01-14-2011, 10:19 PM

Completely normal to hate a man who destroyed our franchise. If you hold no animosity toward McDumbass then something is wrong.

spikerman
01-14-2011, 10:40 PM
seriously? you'd get rid of a talented lot just because you don't like their celebration? good thing you weren't a bengals GM when ickey woods was wearing the stripes.

Now THAT celebration I liked!

I Eat Staples
01-14-2011, 10:42 PM
Rationalfan you are not very rational. :tsk:

JDL
01-15-2011, 02:06 AM
Completely normal to hate a man who destroyed our franchise. If you hold no animosity toward McDumbass then something is wrong.

No doubt and he didn't do it alone... and Xanders is still around... I understand keeping him, but the Goodmans were true Broncos and damn good at their jobs... Xanders is just good at being a puppet imo... I will tolerate him (as if I or anyone here has a choice lol) because the organization has made so many good moves since, imho... but I don't have a lot of faith in that guy making trades for this team.

broncobryce
01-15-2011, 02:26 AM
Wanting to get rid of Thomas, our first round pick, after 1 season? And you guys are calling McDaniels a dumbass?

(waving my hand in front of my face)

GEM
01-15-2011, 03:18 AM
Josh McDouchebag can go stuff his leprechaun head up Belicheat's fat ass. I hope he suffocates on the gas left over from Billy boy's ******* lucnh.

Lonestar
01-15-2011, 04:22 AM
Wanting to get rid of Thomas, our first round pick, after 1 season? And you guys are calling McDaniels a dumbass?

(waving my hand in front of my face)

Great post.

Makes one wonder Does it not.

spikerman
01-15-2011, 08:46 AM

Good one Jr. You had me going for a minute! :salute:

TXBRONC
01-15-2011, 08:50 AM

Depleting a team of talent and finishing up your tenure the way he did will generally bring out harsh criticism.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-15-2011, 10:24 AM

What, you don't like watching Gaffney and Lloyd do it after a routine catch in a 59-14 blowout?

Not much of a true fan are you? :D;);)

TXBRONC
01-15-2011, 10:30 AM
What, you don't like watching Gaffney and Lloyd do it after a routine catch in a 59-14 blowout?

Not much of a true fan are you? :D;);)

Spike is the epitome of "Negative Nancy Syndrome". ;)

turftoad
01-15-2011, 11:29 AM

Just like how some hate Cutler, Marshall, Shanahan? How about letting that go. :confused:

Read my sig. Other than winning our two Superbowls, the day McFired was McFired was my McFavorite day as a McBronco fan.

And......... That is not just one mans opinion.

TXBRONC
01-15-2011, 01:56 PM
Just like how some hate Cutler, Marshall, Shanahan? How about letting that go. :confused:

Read my sig. Other than winning our two Superbowls, the day McFired was McFired was my McFavorite day as a McBronco fan.

The quote unquote hate street runs both ways.

Superchop 7
01-16-2011, 01:01 AM
He was who we thought he was.

(Thats all I've got.....comments about Gems panties cloud the creative thought process)

Sinthor
01-16-2011, 11:46 AM

Well that's one sure way to light up a thread on a Broncos message board...say ANYTHING about McD, whether positive or negative. Although positive will get things REALLY moving... Watch THIS:

Actually I don't think Josh was all that bad. He was just thrown in a little above his head and didn't get the time he needed to adjust and prove how much he really did know. If we'd kept him, next year we'd have been in the playoffs and probably would have won the Super Bowl next year. But now we'll never know because people who call themselves "fans" called for his head so much that the team had to make a move and use that silly taping incident and supposed "bad personnel decisions" to make Josh the scapegoat for ONE bad season! Great job "fans!"

Ok guys...now give me 5 minutes to go turn off my option to accept PM's, etc. and watch this thread jump by about ten pages in the next couple of hours. Oh, and if it wasn't clear already, I was KIDDING, so GEM, PLEASE don't boot my account! :)

spikerman
01-16-2011, 12:57 PM
Well that's one sure way to light up a thread on a Broncos message board...say ANYTHING about McD, whether positive or negative. Although positive will get things REALLY moving... Watch THIS:

Actually I don't think Josh was all that bad. He was just thrown in a little above his head and didn't get the time he needed to adjust and prove how much he really did know. If we'd kept him, next year we'd have been in the playoffs and probably would have won the Super Bowl next year. But now we'll never know because people who call themselves "fans" called for his head so much that the team had to make a move and use that silly taping incident and supposed "bad personnel decisions" to make Josh the scapegoat for ONE bad season! Great job "fans!"

Ok guys...now give me 5 minutes to go turn off my option to accept PM's, etc. and watch this thread jump by about ten pages in the next couple of hours. Oh, and if it wasn't clear already, I was KIDDING, so GEM, PLEASE don't boot my account! :)

hahhahaha.. As sad as it is, I'll bet there were people out there in the cyberworld, nodding in agreement as they read your post - right up to the point that you said you were kidding. Well done.

Agent of Orange
01-16-2011, 01:34 PM

Actually I don't think Josh was all that bad. He was just thrown in a little above his head and didn't get the time he needed to adjust and prove how much he really did know. If we'd kept him, next year we'd have been in the playoffs and probably would have won the Super Bowl next year. The Broncos needed to become more like the Patriots. But now we'll never know because people who call themselves "fans" called for his head so much that the team had to make a move and use that silly taping incident and supposed "bad personnel decisions" to make Josh the scapegoat for ONE bad season! Great job "fans!"

I added. Saying something about the Patriot way also escalates things.

hamrob
01-16-2011, 03:22 PM
Yea I think we'd be insane to get rid of Lloyd, especially since he is under such a reasonable contract. I also don't think much of Willis and think he was just this year's flavor of preseason. Last year it was Kenny McKinley. I personally wouldn't be surprised, with our depth, if WIllis just flat out doesn't make the team next year.I like Britt Davis more so than Willis!

Superchop 7
01-17-2011, 06:23 PM

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

The day they put Ellis in check with Elway's hire was just as good.:beer:

topscribe
01-17-2011, 06:35 PM

Do you prefer the "I got rhythm" routines so many of the other WRs have after a TD?

Compared to that, I like the hand move.

-----

BroncoStud
01-17-2011, 06:40 PM
I wonder if Josh would have the balls to be seen in public in Denver for a decade or so?

topscribe
01-17-2011, 06:45 PM
I wonder if Josh would have the balls to be seen in public in Denver for a decade or so?

Nah, I don't think it would bother him.

I'm pretty sure he still thinks he did a good job . . .

-----

Slick
01-17-2011, 06:46 PM
Hate the guy who brought us two trophies but let go of the hate for a guy that destroyed the team?

Un freaking believable.

:bandit:

topscribe
01-17-2011, 06:49 PM
Hate the guy who brought us two trophies but let go of the hate for a guy that destroyed the team?

Un freaking believable.

I would just as soon not hate either one . . . :)

-----

spikerman
01-17-2011, 07:27 PM
Do you prefer the "I got rhythm" routines so many of the other WRs have after a TD?

Compared to that, I like the hand move.

-----

The problem is that it's not just after a TD, it's after every friggin' catch. I may be mistaken, but I think that catching the ball is part of the job description.

topscribe
01-17-2011, 07:35 PM
The problem is that it's not just after a TD, it's after every friggin' catch. I may be mistaken, but I think that catching the ball is part of the job description.

Let me comfort you: If it bothers you, who are rooting for him, think how it aggravates his opponents . . . :laugh:

-----

spikerman
01-17-2011, 08:29 PM
Let me comfort you: If it bothers you, who are rooting for him, think how it aggravates his opponents . . . :laugh:

-----

:lol::beer:

Lonestar
01-17-2011, 10:08 PM

Un freaking believable.

Just where did is say hate mikey.

Unless you read something into the post I did not say.

I said iirc that mikey did squat after those SB. He ruined the team via lousy personnel moves from FA to day one picks.

Sure he had one decent draft although all none of those players save Kuper is on the teAm yet.

Those are the facts Jack.

spikerman
01-17-2011, 10:13 PM
Just where did is say hate mikey.

Unless you read something into the post I did not say.

I said iirc that mikey did squat after those SB. He ruined the team via lousy personnel moves from FA to day one picks.

Sure he had one decent draft although all none of those players save Kuper is on the teAm yet.

Those are the facts Jack.

I believe Elvis Dumervil was part of that draft and he is still on the team. Three of the other "big name" picks - Cutler, Marshall, and Scheffler are no longer on the team because of the guy the Broncos just (smartly) jettisoned. Domenik Hixon was also very talented, but needed a change after the Bills' player was paralyzed while trying to tackle him on a kickoff.

That was a GREAT draft from a talent standpoint.

turftoad
01-17-2011, 11:33 PM
I believe Elvis Dumervil was part of that draft and he is still on the team. Three of the other "big name" picks - Cutler, Marshall, and Scheffler are no longer on the team because of the guy the Broncos just (smartly) jettisoned. Domenik Hixon was also very talented, but needed a change after the Bills' player was paralyzed while trying to tackle him on a kickoff.

Exactly!! They are not here because McFired doesn't know talent.

Lonestar
01-18-2011, 01:59 AM

Your correct Doom was a great pick.

But now go back and find all of the day one picks that signed a second contract after their rookie contracts expired..

One draft in 14 does not make up for it..

IMHO

Lonestar
01-18-2011, 02:02 AM

See the post above.

I believe that Josh did know talent, but chose not to deal with all of those head cases..

spikerman
01-18-2011, 06:32 AM
See the post above.

I believe that Josh did know talent, but chose not to deal with all of those head cases..

Maybe if he had chosen to deal with some of those "head cases" he would have won more and would still have a job. Unfortunately, apparently McD never learned that in order to win in the NFL you need players who are as talented or more talented than the guys lined up across from them.

I think McD learned a hard two year lesson that he isn't smarter than everybody else in the league.

Lonestar
01-18-2011, 08:43 AM
Maybe if he had chosen to deal with some of those "head cases" he would have won more and would still have a job. Unfortunately, apparently McD never learned that in order to win in the NFL you need players who are as talented or more talented than the guys lined up across from them.

I think McD learned a hard two year lesson that he isn't smarter than everybody else in the league.

I suspect he would do the same thing. There is nothing to say that jay would have done or been anybetter than orton did in 09.
As for Marshall he gave him a yeAr togrow up.
Did not work out.

TXBRONC
01-18-2011, 09:07 AM

I question McDaniels ability to judge talent because he didn't just jettison three "head cases" he also jettisoned running back that was suited to the kind running game he said he wanted. Worse yet he refused to play him when did all because he was afraid that taking Moreno would like a bad pick if he played the other guy. That's just plan stupid especially when you're telling your offensive line that "I just trying win a mother_____ football game."

rcsodak
01-18-2011, 09:09 AM
I suspect he would do the same thing. There is nothing to say that jay would have done or been anybetter than orton did in 09.
As for Marshall he gave him a yeAr togrow up.
Did not work out.
I agree.
McD did some baaaad moves, but cutler/marshall weren't part of them.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

TXBRONC
01-18-2011, 10:07 AM
I agree.

With 5 wins in the last 22 games of his tenure says differently.

turftoad
01-18-2011, 10:30 AM
With 5 wins in the last 22 games of his tenure that says differently.

Last I checked, Cutler has lead his Bears to the NFC Championship game.

TXBRONC
01-18-2011, 12:24 PM
Last I checked, Cutler has lead his Bears to the NFC Championship game.

Yep. Throw good talent out the window and a total 5 wins in your last 22 games is what you end up with. It's speculation to say Cutler would have succeeded in McDaniels offense but it also speculation to say he wouldn't have. Personally, I would put on us winning some of those close games that we lost with Orton under center.

Lonestar
01-18-2011, 12:37 PM
I agree.

Yea he did, yet most folks think that he was the only HC to make mistakes.

Depending on what players get purged by fox I'd say they most likely not be the players that Josh drafted. Some of the fa maybe, but I believe that his drafts were pretty solid for the long term.

Seems we have alot of jay supprters that will crow that Henie " leading" the bears to the playoffs.

Seems jay has lead them to the third fewest yards in a season in the NFL. WOW something to hang a hat on.

While true he is just the QB on a very good defensive team.

Just wonder when he crashes I'd they will still defend him. A win against Sea is nothing to crow about. IMHO

Northman
01-18-2011, 12:44 PM
The proofs in the pudding. McD is fired, Cutler is in the NFC Championship game, Hillis had his best year as a pro, and while Marshall had a major down year was STILL the best receiver on their team and got 1,000 yds.

Meanwhile, McD has nothing to show for it but a total lack of judgement and a lowsy win/loss record.

G_Money
01-18-2011, 12:57 PM
It's not about whether Jay's good defense is making him look better than he is, or even just allowing him to look decent again.

I don't think anybody thinks that Jay's a top-4 QB in the league, even though his team is one of the last 4 standing.

But without the redrafting and swapping to fix all our self-created QB/WR/RB problems, if we'd stood pat with the offense the way it was and given Nolan the sort of defensive players that the Bears have then Cutler could be OUR erratic QB leading us to the conference championship game, backed by a great D.

That's the frustrating part. Great game-callers in McDaniels on offense and Nolan on defense, built around the promise of Shanahan's offensive parts but with a couple years to fix the D was the hope when Josh was hired. He blew it all up himself, so I can't blame anyone but him for it.

Fox has not been given any such gift on his side of the ball, defense. So he's gonna stand pat on offense (I assume), using what was given him, and rebuild the defensive side of the ball.

And hopefully that works out better for us so we can STOP talking about Jay and start talking about winning our division.

~G

TXBRONC
01-18-2011, 01:03 PM
The proofs in the pudding. McD is fired, Cutler is in the NFC Championship game, Hillis had his best year as a pro, and while Marshall had a major down year was STILL the best receiver on their team and got 1,000 yds.

Meanwhile, McD has nothing to show for it but a total lack of judgement and a lowsy win/loss record.

McDaniels was a piss poor judge of talent and as you said the proof is in the pudding. :beer:

Lonestar
01-18-2011, 01:14 PM

Just curious what would have happened had doom not missed the entire year.

Do you think even remotely things just might have been different.

Northman
01-18-2011, 01:15 PM
It's not about whether Jay's good defense is making him look better than he is, or even just allowing him to look decent again.

I don't think anybody thinks that Jay's a top-4 QB in the league, even though his team is one of the last 4 standing.

But without the redrafting and swapping to fix all our self-created QB/WR/RB problems, if we'd stood pat with the offense the way it was and given Nolan the sort of defensive players that the Bears have then Cutler could be OUR erratic QB leading us to the conference championship game, backed by a great D.

That's the frustrating part. Great game-callers in McDaniels on offense and Nolan on defense, built around the promise of Shanahan's offensive parts but with a couple years to fix the D was the hope when Josh was hired. He blew it all up himself, so I can't blame anyone but him for it.

Fox has not been given any such gift on his side of the ball, defense. So he's gonna stand pat on offense (I assume), using what was given him, and rebuild the defensive side of the ball.

And hopefully that works out better for us so we can STOP talking about Jay and start talking about winning our division.

~G

On the money as usual. :beer:

G_Money
01-18-2011, 01:21 PM

With Wink running the D instead of Nolan? We might have won another game.

~G

Northman
01-18-2011, 01:24 PM

Not really. I never had faith in Martindale like some others did. Sure, Doom would of been somewhat of an impact but it wasnt like the be all end all to our defense. We still couldnt stop the run consistently when we needed too when all was said and done. This is why im so adamant about drafting a guy like Fairley. At most MAYBE we win a couple of more games but i dont think it would of drastically been better. Throw in the spygate II stuff and i think we still have issues down the road.

TXBRONC
01-18-2011, 01:28 PM
Not really. I never had faith in Martindale like some others did. Sure, Doom would of been somewhat of an impact but it wasnt like the be all end all to our defense. We still couldnt stop the run consistently when we needed too when all was said and done. This is why im so adamant about drafting a guy like Fairley. At most MAYBE we win a couple of more games but i dont think it would of drastically been better. Throw in the spygate II stuff and i think we still have issues down the road.

I think some said that Dumervile was no big loss.

Northman
01-18-2011, 01:40 PM
I think some said that Dumervile was no big loss.

Hate to say it but your right. There were some who said we didnt need to sign Doom to a big contract because it was about the team. Funny how things change when the "team" concept doesnt pull through. In the end as the Pats found out this past weekend you actually do need "talent" to succeed.

GEM
01-18-2011, 01:52 PM
Every time I see the title of this thread, it pisses me off a little more. :lol:

Agent of Orange
01-18-2011, 03:53 PM
Every time I see the title of this thread, it pisses me off a little more. :lol:

Maybe you could change it to, "Josh McDaniels Still Holding His Apron Strings in Denver"?

spikerman
01-18-2011, 06:23 PM

IMO it would not have made a difference. I'm a big Dumervil guy, but this team is so sorely lacking in talent that a few more sacks wouldn't have made a difference. The Denver "defense" has so many weaknesses that every offense would have just gameplanned to stop Dumervil and they still would have marched up and down the field.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-18-2011, 06:40 PM
Didn't see it anywhere else and this is a McDouchebag thread already, but the Rams just hired him as their O-Coordinator.

How much you guys want to bet that Steven Jackson will have pedestrian numbers next year while Bradford throws 50 times a game? Welcome to the bubble screen in St Louis!

Let's trade them Gaffney for a 4th seeing as how they have no WR depth... That will almost make up for the 4th McDaniels wasted on Maroney...

Ravage!!!
01-18-2011, 06:43 PM
Its ridiculous to say that Jay and Marshall were NOT a part of the baaad decisions made by McDaniels.. that absurd. Those were the TOP mistakes made by the munchkin. Trading away pro-bowl talent, and then spening MANY picks trying to replace that talent.. for what?

Doom is a good player, but really? People think that he's SOOOO good that he would have made up for our LOUSY offense AND lousy defense had he been on the field?

Marhshall's "down" year.. is 85 catches with guys like Henne and Thigpen throwing to him. Yeah, that guy is PURELY a product of the system and product of the QB :lol: Unbelievable how people choose to be blind and still attempt to defend such horrendous decisions that have, and wil, put this franchise back a decade from where it could have been today.

zbeg
01-18-2011, 07:31 PM

...and a promising quarterback who could be the leader of the franchise for many years, and a good young receiving corps and offensive line. But let's not let that get in the way of the narrative.

TXBRONC
01-18-2011, 07:57 PM
Its ridiculous to say that Jay and Marshall were NOT a part of the baaad decisions made by McDaniels.. that absurd. Those were the TOP mistakes made by the munchkin. Trading away pro-bowl talent, and then spening MANY picks trying to replace that talent.. for what?

Doom is a good player, but really? People think that he's SOOOO good that he would have made up for our LOUSY offense AND lousy defense had he been on the field?

Marhshall's "down" year.. is 85 catches with guys like Henne and Thigpen throwing to him. Yeah, that guy is PURELY a product of the system and product of the QB :lol: Unbelievable how people choose to be blind and still attempt to defend such horrendous decisions that have, and wil, put this franchise back a decade from where it could have been today.

Now the argument is that McDaniels replaced them with great talent. That remains to be seen. As much I like Moreno, Ayers, Thomas, and Tebow they still all unproven players.

claymore
01-18-2011, 08:05 PM
Now the argument is that McDaniels replaced them with great talent. That remains to be seen. As much I like Moreno, Ayers, Thomas, and Tebow they still all unproven players.

Lloyd is the only valid argument. I like Moreno, but that is 4 1st round picks that havent done shit.

TXBRONC
01-18-2011, 08:13 PM
Lloyd is the only valid argument. I like Moreno, but that is 4 1st round picks that havent done shit.

Young players don't always develop quickly so think they should get a little more time to develop. As I've said many times before I like these kids but they have a lot to prove before anyone can say McDaniels did a great job of selecting these kids.

Northman
01-18-2011, 08:50 PM
...and a promising quarterback who could be the leader of the franchise for many years, and a good young receiving corps and offensive line. But let's not let that get in the way of the narrative.

We had that already and the promising young QB still has to prove it along with the receivers who were in a pass friendly system. But hey, here's an idea. Lets let Fox swap all of them out and start over AGAIN! What a great concept dont ya think? Or so your trying to tell me here. :lol:

Lonestar
01-19-2011, 03:48 AM
IMO it would not have made a difference. I'm a big Dumervil guy, but this team is so sorely lacking in talent that a few more sacks wouldn't have made a difference. The Denver "defense" has so many weaknesses that every offense would have just gameplanned to stop Dumervil and they still would have marched up and down the field.

Let's see iirc this defense held some of the rushing leaders to almost nada.

So you don't think having another 9-15 sacks from just Doom would not have had any affect on wins or loses.

Sorry I think your dead wrong not remotely saying they would have been a playoff team.

spikerman
01-19-2011, 06:55 AM
Let's see iirc this defense held some of the rushing leaders to almost nada.

So you don't think having another 9-15 sacks from just Doom would not have had any affect on wins or loses.

Sorry I think your dead wrong not remotely saying they would have been a playoff team.

Denver held very few runners down. Just look at the defensive rankings.

I also think you're being overly optimistic about Dumervil having another 9-15 sacks. There is nobody else for other teams to worry about from a pass rush perspective so what would have kept them from double teaming him on every pass play?

I simply don't believe that a healthy Dumervil would have made much of a difference in the overall won/loss record. The team was too weak overall for one player to make that much of a difference.

TXBRONC
01-19-2011, 07:20 AM

I also think you're being overly optimistic about Dumervil having another 9-15 sacks. There is nobody else for other teams to worry about from a pass rush perspective so what would have kept them from double teaming him on every pass play?

I simply don't believe that a healthy Dumervil would have made much of a difference in the overall won/loss record. The team was too weak overall for one player to make that much of a difference.

I think a healthy Dumervil probably would have gotten somewhere in that range you mentioned but he probably would have been scapegoat for porous run defense, he is after all a one trick pony.

As far as wins and loss are concerned I doubt it would have made much of a difference if any at all because we had five games where we had a chance to tie or win in the end, if those same five games come down to our offense being on the field to win we probably end up with same result.

Lonestar
01-19-2011, 12:23 PM

Having doom would have opened up other things for wink. They would have had to worry about a super pass rusher. Doubling him from the OLB position is a lot harder to do than from a DE spot.

They would have to kept a blocking back in on all passing plays taking another option out of their quiver.

Ayers would have been more effective, on the other side (freeey mathis), Haggen would have been left inside.

Dominos fall a totally different way. IMHO

This is about the only place that folks do not believe (after the fact) things would have been different had Doom had played.

But go on a hate Josh, if it makes y'all feel better. He is going to come back an bite us in the ass down the road. The guy is driven and he will not be defeated. Sad that he will be on the other side of the field when it happens.. IMO

WARHORSE
01-19-2011, 01:24 PM
Royal, Thomas, Willis, Gaffney, Lloyd, Decker and Britt.

Rams need em........we got em.

I think Shanny has Royal on his wish list of offseason aquisitions.

I think we ultimately trade one of our WRs to someone.

TXBRONC
01-19-2011, 01:32 PM
Royal, Thomas, Willis, Gaffney, Lloyd, Decker and Britt.

Rams need em........we got em.

I think Shanny has Royal on his wish list of offseason aquisitions.

I think we ultimately trade one of our WRs to someone.

Whose Britt?

spikerman
01-19-2011, 05:31 PM
Having doom would have opened up other things for wink. They would have had to worry about a super pass rusher. Doubling him from the OLB position is a lot harder to do than from a DE spot.

They would have to kept a blocking back in on all passing plays taking another option out of their quiver.

Ayers would have been more effective, on the other side (freeey mathis), Haggen would have been left inside.

Dominos fall a totally different way. IMHO

This is about the only place that folks do not believe (after the fact) things would have been different had Doom had played.

But go on a hate Josh, if it makes y'all feel better. He is going to come back an bite us in the ass down the road. The guy is driven and he will not be defeated. Sad that he will be on the other side of the field when it happens.. IMO

Ayers is no Freeney or Mathis. He may have talent, but I don't think we know for sure because he doesn't put out enough effort on most plays for anybody to see it.

Please don't ever stop being critical of people who criticize McDaniels even after he is no longer the coach. It's pure comedy gold.

Finally, about McD, you said, "The guy is driven and he will not be defeated." Unfortunately, he was defeated plenty of times when he was the HC in Denver.

Lonestar
01-19-2011, 07:03 PM
Ayers is no Freeney or Mathis. He may have talent, but I don't think we know for sure because he doesn't put out enough effort on most plays for anybody to see it.

Please don't ever stop being critical of people who criticize McDaniels even after he is no longer the coach. It's pure comedy gold.

Finally, about McD, you said, "The guy is driven and he will not be defeated." Unfortunately, he was defeated plenty of times when he was the HC in Denver.

Well once again we have a thinker.

I suspect you took the defeated more literal than was intended.

My appologies for not being more spefic

spikerman
01-19-2011, 07:43 PM
Well once again we have a thinker.

I suspect you took the defeated more literal than was intended.

My appologies for not being more spefic

Thank you. I do indeed consider myself a thinker. I knew what you meant, but I just decided to use your words to make my own play on words. I thought it was humorous. Of course, I could be wrong.

spikerman
01-19-2011, 07:48 PM
What the heck is a thinker and is it legal? :D

People like me who sit around and solve the world's problems while surfing a Broncos message board. We're a very exclusive club. :D

TXBRONC
01-19-2011, 07:51 PM
People like me who sit around and solve the world's problems while surfing a Broncos Message Board. We're a very exclusive club. :D

Damn I never get into clubs like that. :pout:

spikerman
01-19-2011, 07:54 PM
Damn I never get into clubs like that. :pout:

Don't sweat it. I'm only in because I'm a "legacy". :cool:

I Eat Staples
01-19-2011, 08:00 PM

A promising QB that wasn't considered a 1st round talent that McD over payed for. Let's not make this something it isn't. And our O-Line was pretty damn bad last year.

He got lucky with Lloyd, trust me. No one said "this Brandon Lloyd guy looks like he can lead the league in yards."

Anyone who thinks McDaniels provided us with adequate talent wouldn't know talent if it bit them in the ass.