PDA

View Full Version : At draft time, Fox liked Tebow

T.K.O.
01-14-2011, 12:16 PM
At draft time, Fox liked Tebow
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 14, 2011, 9:53 AM EST
One of the big questions facing the Denver Broncos this offseason was whether their new coach, whoever it was, would be a good fit for quarterback Tim Tebow.

Now we know that the new coach is John Fox, and the early indications are that he likes Tebow’s potential, and has for a year.

The Denver Post reports that Fox and Tebow got along well during the pre-draft process a year ago when the Panthers were considering drafting Tebow, and that some of Fox’s friends around the league think Fox liked Tebow better than Jimmy Clausen, whom the Panthers took in the second round of the draft.

here's the rest......http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/14/at-draft-time-fox-liked-tebow/

dogfish
01-14-2011, 12:27 PM
that john fox, i tell ya-- damn smart coach. . .

:D

TXBRONC
01-14-2011, 12:27 PM
At draft time, Fox liked Tebow
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 14, 2011, 9:53 AM EST
One of the big questions facing the Denver Broncos this offseason was whether their new coach, whoever it was, would be a good fit for quarterback Tim Tebow.

Now we know that the new coach is John Fox, and the early indications are that he likes Tebow’s potential, and has for a year.

The Denver Post reports that Fox and Tebow got along well during the pre-draft process a year ago when the Panthers were considering drafting Tebow, and that some of Fox’s friends around the league think Fox liked Tebow better than Jimmy Clausen, whom the Panthers took in the second round of the draft.

here's the rest......http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/14/at-draft-time-fox-liked-tebow/

Elway said he wanted to find someone who is willing to work with Tebow to make him a good quarterback.

T.K.O.
01-14-2011, 12:39 PM
i know fox is known for his "vanilla" approach to offense but,that could be just what the doctor ordered for tebow. as he learns the ropes and develop's.
i can see a run first O working. giving tebow more running opportunities and giving him time to mature as a passer without asking him to throw the ball 40-50 times a game.:salute:
besides with Tebow in there , how "vanilla" could it be ?
there will always be the threat of him just mowing dudes down and rushing for a buck fity !!!!!!!!:elefant:
and if fox can rebuild the :defense: we might just get by on 20 points a game for a change !!!!!!!!!:salute:

camdisco24
01-14-2011, 12:50 PM
1st and 10 discussed the Fox and Tebow pairing and said it was a great match.
I was actually surprised how positive they were about it. Even Skip Bayless (sp?) was praising the hire.

underrated29
01-14-2011, 12:58 PM
besides with Tebow in there , how "vanilla" could it be ?
there will always be the threat of him just mowing dudes down and rushing for a buck fity !!!!!!!!:elefant:

See this is the part that I am just not so sure of. The threat will be there but fox does not coach that way. I do not think he will allow tebow to do that very often. I think he is going to force him to stay at home and not play his game.

Also Tebow could use some polishing up on the passing dept. Throwing 10-15 passes per game is not going to help. It is going to slow his development even further. This is why I do not like the fox hire. I think he is going to crash and burn our offense and Tebow.

BroncoStud
01-14-2011, 01:15 PM
See this is the part that I am just not so sure of. The threat will be there but fox does not coach that way. I do not think he will allow tebow to do that very often. I think he is going to force him to stay at home and not play his game.

Also Tebow could use some polishing up on the passing dept. Throwing 10-15 passes per game is not going to help. It is going to slow his development even further. This is why I do not like the fox hire. I think he is going to crash and burn our offense and Tebow.

I believe our offense is going to take major steps backwards from what it could be. I understand the need to run the football, but Shanahan proved to the world that a team can have a dominant running game and still have a dynamic passing attack. It doesn't have to be 1 or the other, it SHOULD be both.

It's going to take some creativity to get the most out of Tebow and I have seen nothing from either Fox or McCoy that gives ANY indication that they are capable of it. It's a major concern.

Traveler
01-14-2011, 01:18 PM
I believe our offense is going to take major steps backwards from what it could be. I understand the need to run the football, but Shanahan proved to the world that a team can have a dominant running game and still have a dynamic passing attack. It doesn't have to be 1 or the other, it SHOULD be both.

It's going to take some creativity to get the most out of Tebow and I have seen nothing from either Fox or McCoy that gives ANY indication that they are capable of it. It's a major concern.

I actually agree with this. Wonder if they can somehow mesh the ZBS and spread offense?

Mike
01-14-2011, 01:40 PM
I bet Timmy answers Bowlen's calls.

TXBRONC
01-14-2011, 01:56 PM

With quarterback like Jake Delhomme you're going to throw the ball 30 to 40 times a game. Delhomme was a solid quarterback lets face it was no more a franchise quarterback than Orton is. Tebow if develops into the quarterback I hope that he becomes will be a franchise quarterback. Also I check out Delhomme's last good season ('08) and he threw the ball on average of 26 times a game. At this stage of Tebow career that would be a good starting point.

Ravage!!!
01-14-2011, 02:08 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=4429435

cardoso
01-14-2011, 02:16 PM

It amazes me how some Broncos fans still talk about offense. What has a good offense gotten us the last 10 years? Our offense can't be much worse than last years, did you watch any games? Your delusional if you think we had a good offense this year.

Mike
01-14-2011, 02:21 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=4429435

One of Riley's sources was undoubtedly the janitor, the other the waterboy, and the last source was most definitely Peter King.

arapaho2
01-14-2011, 02:25 PM

i bet fox doesnt heap praise on tebow, stateing how he came to denver because of tebow...then try and trade him

Mike
01-14-2011, 02:27 PM
i bet fox doesnt heap praise on tebow, stateing how he came to denver because of tebow...then try and trade him

Depends on if he can wrestle Delhomme from Cleveland. Delhomme fits the system.

bcbronc
01-14-2011, 02:28 PM

My secret sources are telling me Fox is already getting on Elway to bring in Clausen.

Tebow for Clausen and a 2nd in 2012?
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

underrated29
01-14-2011, 02:55 PM
It amazes me how some Broncos fans still talk about offense. What has a good offense gotten us the last 10 years? Our offense can't be much worse than last years, did you watch any games? Your delusional if you think we had a good offense this year.

No dude, you have kinda jumped in the middle of the conversation here. It has been going on for a while in several other threads.

Here is a brief rundown of the school of thought that has worries.

We are once again back to where we were when shanny left. We have an offense that is more or less intact, and only need to fix the defense. We know fox will fix the defense, but also this will come at the expense of the offense because of the way he (and to a lesser extent mccoy) calls the offense.

No one at all is saying that offense takes priority over our god awful defense. What we are saying is we should have hired a person who could fix the defense and maintain the offense.

Instead, as history and carolina fans confirmed we have a guy who will fix the defense at the expense of the offense.

We need to have both sides of the ball working. We never seem to be able too. It has always been offense and no d. Now we got a guy who will fix the d, but in turn bring the offense down.

I wanted a guy who could just let the offense stay, nothing more nothing less, and fix the defense. Fox may be capable of this, but I fear he will not. I fear we will make a quick turnaround and make the playoffs for several years in a row, perhaps even next year, but never ever making it to the top.

SOCALORADO.
01-14-2011, 02:57 PM
My secret sources are telling me Fox is already getting on Elway to bring in Clausen.

Tebow for Clausen and a 2nd in 2012?
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Elway only brings in winners.
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/124/561/RackMultipart.12659.0_display_image.jpg?1260546054

http://ftrsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/JC_C-copy-150x150.jpg