PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Mason (@MaxBroncos) live chat about Fox hiring at 10 MST - check it out, he covered Fox in CAR

Tned
01-14-2011, 08:09 AM
Hey guys this is worth checking out. Mason always has good insight into the Broncos, but this one will really be in his wheel house since he covered the Panthers for a couple years.

He's going to have a live chat on MaxDenver at 10:00 MST today. Check it out and let us know about anything interesting: http://www.maxdenver.com/livechat.html

RT @MaxBroncos: I'll be chatting live from Dove Valley at 10 a.m. MST on Friday. Send your questions or comments now: http://www.maxdenver.com/livechat.html

Skinny
01-14-2011, 01:21 PM
I was very interested to hear some of Mr. Masons insight on Coach Fox. Take a minute if you have the time, good stuff. Here are some questions and answers from Andrews page...

*=question

*Who are the top 3 teams that you think would like to acquire Orton at this point?

Miami, Minnesota, San Francisco.

*Would Denver really draft Peterson when the front 7 needs so much work? Shouldn't drafting for biggest need trump best player available?
Drafting for need over best player available can get an organization in trouble. Of course, you could be like the Matt Millen Lions and draft for neither need nor best player, but that won't happen here.

*Fox has a reputation of not being QB friendly. Do you agree? And do you think he will let Tebow be himself out there and make plays?

I think that's overrated. He'd prefer to win via the run and deep, stretch-the-field passes. I think he's just looking for a different type of QB than most teams. Jake Delhomme wouldn't have been the right guy for most of the league but he was for Fox, and in the four seasons he played at least 14 games the Panthers won 11 or more games three times. Fox is a guy who'll look past the obvious with a QB and look for the intangibles. That's why I think his arrival will be good for Tim Tebow.

There is plenty more, please go to the original video and listen to the rest.