PDA

View Full Version : mangini d coord

broken12
01-14-2011, 12:39 AM
Not sure if i heard right but i think is what was said on espn

underrated29
01-14-2011, 12:40 AM
I will kiss you if we have the Mangina! That I can definitely go for.

broken12
01-14-2011, 12:43 AM
Just caught the end of nfl live on espn thought tgat stink and that young black reprter that is on the horn alot from ne arra had said

underrated29
01-14-2011, 12:48 AM
alright. I am going to bed. When I get back on tomorrow morning sometime I expect to come to this thread and see that it is official. I want a mangina in denver.

broken12
01-14-2011, 12:50 AM
Like i said i missed only caught last words stiink said something about getting off yhe field then that other guy said i wish eric luck in denver could gave been a mess up

EMB6903
01-14-2011, 12:54 AM
excuse me?

scott.475
01-14-2011, 01:13 AM
The NFL.com story about Fox's hiring says Mora is high on the list, and that McCoy is probably staying as O coord. Not sure what I think about that.

MacGruder, don't read the NFL.com story, in it Fox says Tebow is in the "developing stage" so I don't want you to get depressed and angry.

dasn101
01-14-2011, 01:43 AM
I've been thinking longingly about this as a possibility for a few days now. mangenius/mangina back at what he can actually do...

BroncoAV06
01-14-2011, 02:10 AM
Umm Mangini was a guest on NFL live today breaking down how to stop the Patriots. Did not hear anything about him to Denver.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Bosco
01-14-2011, 04:25 AM
I would support this move. Mangini is a pretty respectable DC and would ensure we keep the 3-4.

gobroncsnv
01-14-2011, 08:05 AM
ESPN says Mora is likely.

Dirk
01-14-2011, 08:11 AM
Yeah...I have seen Mora on several shows and articles.

camdisco24
01-14-2011, 08:59 AM
Mora is the name I keep hearing too. Not a bad choice, but I'd rather have Mangini.

SR
01-14-2011, 10:08 AM
Just caught the end of nfl live on espn thought tgat stink and that young black reprter that is on the horn alot from ne arra had said

WTF does that say?

SR
01-14-2011, 10:09 AM
Is Mangini under contract with anyone right now as a defensive coordinator?

slim
01-14-2011, 10:14 AM
Is Mangini under contract with anyone right now as a defensive coordinator?

No, he is available.

SR
01-14-2011, 10:18 AM
No, he is available.

I wouldn't mind that.

The thing that sucks about hiring coordinators is that in the NFL you cannot make a lateral move while under contract. A DC or OC under contract with one team can't go get hired on another team as a DC or OC. If we're going to hire a new defensive coordinator, we're going to either pick from the pool of people available or promote some random linebacker, defensive line, or DB coach to be our DC if we don't like who's available or on our own coaching staff.

OrangeHoof
01-14-2011, 10:24 AM
WTF does that say?

It's broken English...:laugh:

red98
01-14-2011, 10:41 AM
I wouldn't mind that.

The thing that sucks about hiring coordinators is that in the NFL you cannot make a lateral move while under contract. A DC or OC under contract with one team can't go get hired on another team as a DC or OC. If we're going to hire a new defensive coordinator, we're going to either pick from the pool of people available or promote some random linebacker, defensive line, or DB coach to be our DC if we don't like who's available or on our own coaching staff.

Actually, unless the promotion is to Head Coach or GM, you can't hire away any staff that's under contract from another team without their permission.

Most teams aren't going to refuse permission when it's a move up from say linebackers coach to DC. But they don't have to.

BroncoAV06
01-14-2011, 10:46 AM
So safe to say that is not what was said at the end of NFL Live yesterday? Mangini was just a guest.

Dzone
01-14-2011, 10:59 AM
WHOS better, Mora or Mangini?

SR
01-14-2011, 11:51 AM
Actually, unless the promotion is to Head Coach or GM, you can't hire away any staff that's under contract from another team without their permission.

Most teams aren't going to refuse permission when it's a move up from say linebackers coach to DC. But they don't have to.

Actually, as long as they're being promoted up, it doesn't matter if it's from defensive backs coach to DC for another team, as long as the promotion isn't lateral, it's legal.

SR
01-14-2011, 11:51 AM

Different people have different opinions. I'd be happy with either.

honz
01-14-2011, 11:53 AM
Somebody was on acid...

silkamilkamonico
01-14-2011, 12:08 PM
Is it Mora or Mora Jr? That matters.

horsepig
01-14-2011, 12:15 PM
I've been thinking longingly about this as a possibility for a few days now. mangenius/mangina back at what he can actually do...

Yeah, Mangini nad McDouche are prime examples of the Peter Principle, i.e., you get promoted for oustanding performance until you get to a job you cannot handle, and then you stay there.

At least in the Not For Long, the last part doesn't apply.

dogfish
01-14-2011, 12:19 PM

mangina. . .

underrated29
01-14-2011, 12:25 PM
Mora Sr. has been out for a long long while and is not coming back. Of course it is JR....

Having said that- Where is the Mangina!? He was the one that started to build the whole jets D into what it was before ryan got there. He is the one I want. Which probably means it will not happen.

red98
01-14-2011, 12:43 PM
Actually, as long as they're being promoted up, it doesn't matter if it's from defensive backs coach to DC for another team, as long as the promotion isn't lateral, it's legal.

Sorry SR, your wrong. It's a common misconception though. Even Woody Paige got it wrong in his mailbag the other day.

In fact what you just described in your post is a lateral move.

There are only 2 levels of coaches. Head coaches and assistant coaches.
It doesn't matter what title you give your assistants. They are either the head coach or an assistant.

1. Two Tiers of Coaching Staffs. For purposes of this Anti-Tampering Policy,
each coaching staff is divided into two tiers: (1) head coach, and (2) all assistant
coaches.
Although each individual club is permitted to use whatever structure and titles it
desires for its coaching staff, the two tiers described here will be adhered to for
administration of this Policy.

2. Head-Coaching Opportunity. If a club is interested in discussing its head
coaching position with an assistant coach whose playing season (excluding Pro
Bowl) is over, and who is contractually obligated to another club, the assistant
coach’s employer club must permit the coach the opportunity to discuss, and
possibly accept, such employment through March 1 of any year. After March 1,
the employer club is under no obligation to grant such permission, but it may be
voluntarily granted at the employer club’s discretion during the off-season.

Lateral Move.
If a club is interested in discussing an assistant coaching
position with an assistant coach who is contractually obligated to another
club at any time prior to the opening of the employer club’s training
camp, it will be considered a lateral move, and the employer club is under
no obligation to grant the coach the opportunity to discuss the position
with the interested club. At the discretion of the employer club, however,
such permission may be voluntarily granted.

http://www.dawgtalkers.net/uploads/2009%20NFL%20Anti-Tampering%20Policy.pdf

BroncoStud
01-14-2011, 01:11 PM
Is it Mora or Mora Jr? That matters.

Mora Sr. we have to hope. He rocks.

MadMax
01-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Sorry SR, your wrong. It's a common misconception though. Even Woody Paige got it wrong in his mailbag the other day.

It doesn't matter what title you give your assistants. They are either the head coach or an assistant.

I read this last year when Shanahan was poaching our assistants. However I remember he tried to interview Bobby Turner for his running backs coach, and we refused to grant permission for the interview. So, Shanahan asked to interview him for running backs coach/assistant head coach, and the interview was allowed. Was that out of our organizations desire not to hold someone back or is that a loopehole to this rule?

red98
01-14-2011, 01:34 PM
I read this last year when Shanahan was poaching our assistants. However I remember he tried to interview Bobby Turner for his running backs coach, and we refused to grant permission for the interview. So, Shanahan asked to interview him for running backs coach/assistant head coach, and the interview was allowed. Was that out of our organizations desire not to hold someone back or is that a loopehole to this rule?

No loop hole. The Broncos relented when Shanny added the assistant hc to the title. It was completely at the discretion of the Broncos.

Also it's uncommon for a team to refuse when it's a perceived move up. (This is the NFL coaches club we're talking about here.) Who wants a guy working for them that's going to resent them for holding him back?

Ravage!!!
01-14-2011, 01:40 PM
I do thin that if you have the HC name in your title, its a promotion.. even if its assist HC. Thus, an assistant HC is a promotion over any assistant. I think we've seen teams use that throughout the NFL.

red98
01-14-2011, 01:48 PM
I do thin that if you have the HC name in your title, its a promotion.. even if its assist HC. Thus, an assistant HC is a promotion over any assistant. I think we've seen teams use that throughout the NFL.

Thinking it doesn't make it so Rav.

Once again from the actual rules of the NFL that I linked to in my original post:

Two Tiers of Coaching Staffs. For purposes of this Anti-Tampering Policy,
each coaching staff is divided into two tiers: (1) head coach, and (2) all assistant
coaches.

Dzone
01-14-2011, 02:34 PM
Mora Jr cusses like a drunken sailor

Skinny
01-14-2011, 02:39 PM
Mora Jr cusses like a drunken sailorSweet, so did Alex Gibbs when he was coaching here. Some of our players need a good ass reaming....

MadMax
01-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Sweet, so did Alex Gibbs when he was coaching here. Some of our players need a good ass reaming....
Brady Quinn???

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

SR
01-14-2011, 04:29 PM

Thanks for the correction. I misinterpreted what I had read previously.

SR
01-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Brady Quinn???

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Brady Quinn is about to be our back up QB. :scared: