PDA

View Full Version : Former Panther: Players will love Fox

Denver Native (Carol)
01-13-2011, 11:48 PM
LAKE FOREST, ILL — When the Broncos hired Josh McDaniels just over two years ago, I was in a press box in Pittsburgh, covering a divisional playoff game. So of course it makes sense that when they hired John Fox today, I would be out of town, this time in Chicago, working on some stories you can read in this weekend’s editions of the Denver Post.

But while I was here, I was able to catch up with one of Fox’s former players, Bears safety Chris Harris, who played for Fox from 2007-2009. Harris had plenty of good things to say about his former boss.

“He’s a great motivator, in my opinion,” Harris said. “He’s a guy you want to go out and play for, a players coach, a guy who actually listens.”

Harris said that because Fox played safety in college and spent the early years of his career as a defensive backs coach, the coach was particularly close to and involved with the safeties and corners.

“The defensive guys will love him. He’s very hands on with the defense,” Harris said.

Harris said he would tell Broncos players that Fox will demand a lot of them, and that Fox’s practices will challenge players’ physical and mental toughness. But though Fox can be tough, he maintains close relationships with his players.

“He’s a high energy guy, expect to be challenged mentally. He wants mentally tough player, guys who are going to go out there and grind it out,” Harris said. “But his attitude is a fun attitude; he’s very out-going. I have never met a guy who didn’t like Coach Fox.”

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/01/13/former-panther-players-will-love-fox/6555/