PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Was Fox the right person to hire as #Broncos head coach (anyone can vote - no need to register)

Tned
01-13-2011, 10:43 PM
Was Fox the best candidate, or should the Broncos have hired someone else or kept looking?

hotcarl
01-13-2011, 10:44 PM
Best available. Good Hire. Should not be fired immediately.
:salute:

OrangeHoof
01-14-2011, 12:58 AM
Bring back the Orange Crush! We haven't had a defense in Denver since Tom Jackson left.

Fox can build a defense and that's what this organization has sorely needed.

Northman
01-14-2011, 01:01 AM
Considering what was out there definitely. Whether or not he succeeds is another story.

broncophan
01-14-2011, 02:11 AM
hard for me to be excited about a coach coming here off a 2-14 season at carolina....but his over all record is pretty good....and he is now a bronco....so i'm on board....GO BRONCOS..........

dogfish
01-14-2011, 03:20 AM
does the pope wear a pointy hat and shit in the woods?

UrbanBounca
01-14-2011, 03:23 AM
I'm not sure. He had a terrible record this past season, and I've never been impressed with him. I'll give him a chance, though.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

frauschieze
01-14-2011, 03:38 AM

I'm not sure? Is that a trick question?

PAINTERDAVE
01-14-2011, 03:48 AM
I'm not sure. He had a terrible record this past season, and I've never been impressed with him. I'll give him a chance, though.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

From a Panther Fan...~
IMO heres what I would say for his tenure

2002 Pass, they were 1-15 the year before. maybe even a positive since the set a single season record losing streak at the time.
2003 Superbowl, it's a big positive
2004 Lot's of injuries but the team played sloppy at times too, Push or a Fail
2005 very deep in the playoffs a big positive
2006 team sucked not enough injuries to have an excuse FAIL
2007 injuries especially at QB but team played bad too Push or Fail
2008 12-4 early exit from playoffs but can't complain Positive
2009 Pure fail, team sucked even at their healthiest.
2010 Total pass JR sandbagged the entire franchise to gear up for lockout, push youth into the team, and to dump bad contracts.

So I think that's 3 legit good seasons, 1 season that's mediocre or good, 2 seasons that were medicore or terrible, 2 legit terrible seasons, and one legitimately excusable terrible season. Add it all up and you have a mediocre tenure but some very high points too.

__________________________________________________ ___________

Fox' past has bearing on who he is... but it is not the whole story.
I would expect he has learned a lot from the last decade...
I would expect that Elway has let him know the direction we want to go...
I would expect Fox will not do exactly the same things over again.

I expect him to use his "blueprint" like he talked of...
but I also expect him to use the talent here for their strong points.
It is a whole new ballgame... I think he will do well.

I think our FO and Fox will get along much better than he and the Panthers FO did.

Joel
01-14-2011, 03:57 AM
Yea. Our new 3-4 team now has a 4-3 coach fired by the only team in the League worse than ours....

Hard to imagine things can get much worse though, and if they do, well, we'll have tons of good draft picks several years in a row when we haven't picked higher than #12 since before our first SB win. Standard four year shot, which can be shortened by a year apiece if he 1) trades "no talents" and "bad attitudes" to teams where they become Pro Bowlers in exchange for nothing or 2) cheats. I'd still rather have Dennison since the Texans decided to hold their DC rather than Kubiak responsible for their porous D (though I can't help noting the Texans have the same problem that's so plagued Shanny: No secondary).

Nomad
01-14-2011, 08:21 AM
Not sure!! I guess it's a wait and see and hope for the best. I do welcome Coach Fox to the BRONCOS and wish him luck!! But I would have said this about any candidate!!

powderaddict
01-14-2011, 08:32 AM
I'm happy with the hire. He's professional, respectful and repectable, and quickly turned around a terrible Carolina franchise.

I want to see a defense back in Denver and a team that can control the clock and run the ball. I want the dark cloud of seemingly never ending bad news to end.

I want a team that the rest of the west fears, not salivates over the prospect of playing. I think Fox can get us there.

Dirk
01-14-2011, 08:32 AM
Fox was my choice if Dennison wasn't given a chance. So let's beef up the :defense:!!

Disclaimer: I really wanted Gruden but I knew that wasn't going to happen.

TXBRONC
01-14-2011, 08:33 AM

Pointy hat yes. Shit in the woods no. Why shit in the woods when you have a bathroom encrusted in 18 karat gold?

Dirk
01-14-2011, 08:41 AM
Pointy hat yes. Shit in the woods no. Why shit in the woods when you have bathroom encrusted in 18 karat gold?

Good point. :lol:

Tned
01-14-2011, 08:43 AM
Was Fox was? Was not was?

Fuzzy wuzzy was a Fox, was a fox...

TXBRONC
01-14-2011, 08:44 AM
In the short yes Fox is probably the best hire Denver could have made. At the very least he is the most experienced of the candidates that were interviewed.

camdisco24
01-14-2011, 08:56 AM
Good hire the has more potential for upside than downside, IMO.
He is the Josh McDaniels anti-christ.

Dirk
01-14-2011, 09:01 AM

I think you meant to say that McDaniels was the anti-christ. :listen:

SOCALORADO.
01-14-2011, 09:29 AM
As you all know, Gruden was my 1st choice, but since he wants to be boy-king where ever he goes, and get all the peasants coins as well, that wasnt gonna happen.
Fox is fine by me considering what DEN had to choose from.
I always thought he was a solid HC, and his teams played hard for him, so i am enthusiastic about the hire, and i expect him to be succesful.

MileHighCrew
01-14-2011, 09:43 AM
I voted not sure because I was really hoping for Dennison. However, that being said I think we could have done much worse and I support Coach Foxy John.
Go Broncos

muse
01-14-2011, 10:13 AM

Josh was the 2nd coming of Jesus?! Damn, he gon' be mad now! Explains his infatuation with Timmeh.

OrangeHoof
01-14-2011, 10:28 AM
Pricso doesn't like the hire and that's good enough for me. Pricso is an idiot.

Dirk
01-14-2011, 10:41 AM
Josh was the 2nd coming of Jesus?! Damn, he gon' be mad now! Explains his infatuation with Timmeh.

The anti-christ isn't the 2nd coming of Jesus :listen:

Just sayin

HORSEPOWER 56
01-14-2011, 11:33 AM
In the short yes Fox is probably the best hire Denver could have made. At the very least he is the most experienced of the candidates that were interviewed.

I agree.

the biggest selling points for me were the facts that

A) he's defensive minded, something we obviously needed.

and

B) he's respected and respectful and won't turn the Broncos into the clown show we've been for the past 2 years.

An end to the Mcdouchebag drama alone is worth the price of admission!

broncohead
01-14-2011, 11:45 AM
I think we are looking at a bunch of average seasons with Fox if he has his hands in the offense like with the panthers. It was the safe choice imo and we'll get better with talent and coaching but we need a real OC

honz
01-14-2011, 11:56 AM
In my nightmares he does.

dunk7
01-14-2011, 11:57 AM
He'll get my seal of approval if he brings DeAngelo Williams with him.

SoCalImport
01-14-2011, 12:06 PM
I thought we 'd show some interest in Tom Cable.....but that's just me.

oops.

I meant: I voted in the "Not sure" option, because, in fact, I'm not sure.

Ravage!!!
01-14-2011, 02:11 PM
Its not exactly an exciting hire. I know its not like 'yay we got Fox.' Its like when you hire Orton as your QB to fill in, until you can find the next guy.

sneakers
01-14-2011, 05:15 PM
Sure, why not.

Jaws
01-14-2011, 05:32 PM
Having watched the press conference, he wears an orange tie very well and for that reason only I'll declare him the best hire!

Lancane
01-14-2011, 05:33 PM
I voted 'Not Sure', there are some things I really like about Fox, he's proven and experienced, he's defensive minded, he's learned his craft from under some of the greatest minds to ever be associated with football. The thing that worries me is his conservative nature in regards to how he likes the offense to be ran under him and that he tends to micromanage at times.

But, even though he was not my favorite candidate, I am willing to give him an honest open-minded shot and see what he can do...

gnomeflinger
01-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Is there a prize if we guess correctly?

TXBRONC
01-14-2011, 06:26 PM
I voted 'Not Sure', there are some things I really like about Fox, he's proven and experienced, he's defensive minded, he's learned his craft from under some of the greatest minds to ever be associated with football. The thing that worries me is his conservative nature in regards to how he likes the offense to be ran under him and that he tends to micromanage at times.

But, even though he was not my favorite candidate, I am willing to give him an honest open-minded shot and see what he can do...

Considering who had quarterback and his own comments to the effect you have to play to your strengths. I think in many respects Delhomme is a lot like Orton. If you don't have to put the game on his shoulders you'll probably be ok.

Lancane
01-14-2011, 06:29 PM
Is there a prize if we guess correctly?

Yep...

Depending on your sexual preference you get a date with one of these individual reality stars...

http://larryfire.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/jersey-shore-cast.jpg

We supply you with a clean mattress and bedding, prophylactics of your choice, morning after hangover pills, and a lifetime supply of both Prozac and Tylenol, because you won't believe the shit you did once you're sober!

:laugh:

Reidman
01-16-2011, 03:01 AM
Well, we now have a revolving door in Denver for HC's so I give him a couple years before the axe comes down...Front office and fans are looking for unrealistically quick turn around from this team that I don't see happening for several years...hopefully I am wrong on that.

I voted not sure though since only time will tell if he's the right man for the job or not...

Juriga72
01-16-2011, 09:17 AM
So we have hired the only guy in the NFL with a worse record than McDummy the last two years....

THIS is a step "Forward"???? huh....

Superchop 7
01-17-2011, 04:53 PM
Would have rather had Dennison.

But, Fox has good qualities too.

Compared to McDaniels.......???

Huge move in the right direction.

Slick
01-17-2011, 05:01 PM

I think the best thing for the Broncos IS to be conservative on offense for at least the next season, maybe two. Tebow is just too raw, and it will allow our defense more time to rest or at the very least, narrow the time of possession differential.

Considering who was available, I think we made the right move. I know some were really high on Dennison. I wasn't.

Bosco
01-18-2011, 01:57 AM
He wasn't my choice, but we could have done alot worse.

vettesplus
01-28-2011, 10:00 AM
after listening to fox on Louis and floor wax yesterday morning i am going to jump on the fox support bandwagon, i think he will be OK as a coach......

frenchfan
01-30-2011, 12:28 PM
Was Fox the best candidate, or should the Broncos have hired someone else or kept looking?I think he was the best candidate available (or interested to coach the Broncos)...

I like he's a D oriented coach... He likes to run (remember the days we had the best running game in football with TD?)... He likes Tebow... He has brought a good coaching staff.
He has handle those kind of situation before (building a team).

He is a good choice for the next 3 years... After, we could see what happens...