PDA

View Full Version : Things to really like about John Fox!

Dzone
01-13-2011, 08:43 PM
OK, he is here. Like it or not. We might as well find some things to like about him. So post your compliments of John Fox. Maybe then we will all start feeling better about the new Bronco Coach. Post away.

#1- The guy looks Presidential. He's older. He knows the NFL. He has energy. He shows no sign of burnout after a dreadful season in carolina. Seems like his players like him. He should know defense.

What else is there to like about John Fox as coach?

hotcarl
01-13-2011, 08:44 PM
OK, he is here. Like it or not. We might as well find some things to like about him. So post your compliments of John Fox. Maybe then we will all start feeling better about the new Bronco Coach. Post away.

#1- The guy looks Presidential. He's older. He knows the NFL. He has energy. He shows no sign of burnout after a dreadful season in carolina. Seems like his players like him. He should know defense.

wow, i just listened to the FAN too, what else did "d-mac" (great name!) and "al" and "stink" have to say besides what you literally just said?

smith49
01-13-2011, 08:45 PM

hes not josh mcdaneils!!

topscribe
01-13-2011, 09:06 PM
hes not josh mcdaneils!!

/thread

-----

Medford Bronco
01-13-2011, 09:06 PM
He won with Jake Dellome. One of the worst Qbs I have ever seen.

honz
01-13-2011, 09:07 PM
He took a 1-15 team to the Super Bowl two years after becoming Carolina's coach.

BroncoBJ
01-13-2011, 09:10 PM
During his 1st 8 years as an NFL HC, his worst record was 7-9 and he made the NFC Championship game twice and had 1 SB appearance. :salute:

Alotta people only thing about this years 2-14 season. ( myself included).

I just hope he can fix the defense and get a solid offensive coordinator to come in and run the show.

PAINTERDAVE
01-13-2011, 09:10 PM
The Carolina fans like him after all these years...
even if they say he was boring.

Medford Bronco
01-13-2011, 09:11 PM
During his 1st 8 years as an NFL HC, his worst record was 7-9 and he made the NFC Championship game twice and had 1 SB appearance. :salute:

Alotta people only thing about this years 2-14 season. ( myself included).

I just hope he can fix the defense and get a solid offensive coordinator to come in and run the show.

He had no QB this year so that is why they sucked. You cant win with that stiff from ND (I cant remember his name lol)

BroncoBJ
01-13-2011, 09:16 PM
He had no QB this year so that is why they sucked. You cant win with that stiff from ND (I cant remember his name lol)

Jimmy Clausen, and I agree. :lol:

Thier offense was terrible. The most points they scored in a game this year was 23 points. Thier defense wasn't too bad since they held teams under 20 points 6 different times.

I feel like we have a good offense ( much better then the Panthers).

Hopefully a new slate is good for him. Not a huge fan of the hire, but a huge fan of the Broncos so I gotta support it until I'm tired of it.

SO welcome aboard John Fox :salute:

Dapper Dan
01-13-2011, 09:19 PM
His first name is John.

John Elway likes him.

That's all I need.

Medford Bronco
01-13-2011, 09:20 PM
His first name is John.

John Elway likes him.

That's all I need.

My name is John as well, so he must be cool :cool::lol:

Lancane
01-13-2011, 09:21 PM
He's skinnier then Wade Phillips and the Ryan brothers!

Lancane
01-13-2011, 09:22 PM
My name is John as well, so he must be cool :cool::lol:

I have to go to the John to relieve myself...BRB! :lol:

nevcraw
01-13-2011, 09:23 PM
he's very sly.

honz
01-13-2011, 09:37 PM
He's not going to Rex Ryan or Josh McDaniels our franchise.

nevcraw
01-13-2011, 09:52 PM
He's not going to Rex Ryan or Josh McDaniels our franchise.

don't know about you but i would take Rex Ryan'ing of our franchise any day of the week -- especially sundays..

Medford Bronco
01-13-2011, 09:55 PM
don't know about you but i would take Rex Ryan'ing of our franchise any day of the week -- especially sundays..

I would take the talent of Rex Ryans defense. Rex is a mouth but is getting some results. How long will that last, no one knows.

I have a feeling NE is going to smoke them this week with the big mouth crap going on.

dogfish
01-13-2011, 09:56 PM
He's skinnier then Wade Phillips and the Ryan brothers!

i don't see it posted anywhere online yet, but somebody over on the mane said NFLN reported that we might talk to rob ryan about our DC position. . . i like that. . .

jhildebrand
01-13-2011, 10:04 PM
He won with Jake Dellome. One of the worst Qbs I have ever seen.

He won 7 games with Rodney Peete in his first season in Carolina a season that followed Seifert's 1-15 season.

If you can win 7 games with Rodney Peete, then.....

Championship with Tebow.

hotcarl
01-13-2011, 10:06 PM
:shocked:
He won 7 games with Rodney Peete in his first season in Carolina a season that followed Seifert's 1-15 season.

If you can win 7 games with Rodney Peete, then.....

Championship with Tebow.

a good point. he went to the SB with Jake Delhomme the worst QB ever that says alot actually. (but he had julius peppers) :mad::shocked:

honz
01-13-2011, 10:07 PM

I'm sure Id still root for the Broncos, but I would never like or respect a guy like Rex Ryan. Complete douchebag and self indulgent ass hole in my eyes.

dogfish
01-13-2011, 10:09 PM
I'm sure Id still root for the Broncos, but I would never like or respect a guy like Rex Ryan. Complete douchebag and self indulgent ass hole in my eyes.

other than that how do you feel about him?

jhildebrand
01-13-2011, 10:09 PM

a good point. he went to the SB with Jake Delhomme the worst QB ever that says alot actually. (but he had julius peppers) :mad::shocked:

I think Kris Jenkins was on that team too wasn't he?

Dzone
01-13-2011, 10:12 PM
i don't see it posted anywhere online yet, but somebody over on the mane said NFLN reported that we might talk to rob ryan about our DC position. . . i like that. . .
That would be great but Al Davis is prob going to make rob ryan his new coach...omg

hotcarl
01-13-2011, 10:12 PM
I think Kris Jenkins was on that team too wasn't he?

i think rodney peete sold me a newspaper and a granola bar at diamond shamrock yesterday :shocked:

jhildebrand
01-13-2011, 10:14 PM
i think rodney peete sold me a newspaper and a granola bar at diamond shamrock yesterday :shocked:

Did you get your granola bar autographed?

I like Rodney's wife :D

hotcarl
01-13-2011, 10:17 PM
Did you get your granola bar autographed?

I like Rodney's wife :D

i dont know i ATE IT! :shocked:

jhildebrand
01-13-2011, 10:18 PM
i dont know i ATE IT! :shocked:

The granola bar or Rodney's wife?

hotcarl
01-13-2011, 10:19 PM
The granola bar or Rodney's wife?

Dzone
01-13-2011, 10:26 PM
Was afraid he was the second coming of wade phillips...I think it says a lot that after the season was over he still had the energy to sell himself, He seems sure of himself ,He seems to like the new challenge....We could end up with carolinas running back, which would be huge.

dogfish
01-13-2011, 10:30 PM
That would be great but Al Davis is prob going to make rob ryan his new coach...omg

you never know when Stupid Al will reverse course at the last moment, but it's been pretty widely reported that they're getting ready to hire their current OC hue jackson as head coach. . .

nevcraw
01-13-2011, 10:33 PM

I can respect that but see it another way..

He's got a team that to man has bought in.
he is winning games with and sometimes in spite of a young but ever improving QB.
He's lost several quality to very good starters on D and still winning.
He's won in the playoffs in his first 2 years.
He's contraversial but harmless at the same time.. nothing he does is bad for the game -- in fact people can't get enough of him or his team.. Moth to flame..

I would be ecstatic with rex as our head coach.. over the freaking moon..

underrated29
01-13-2011, 10:47 PM
He drafted my favorite RB- Jonathan Stewart. But that does not help us.

He usually has a good defense. Yes, that is it. Something I like about fox. He usually can fix a defense.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-13-2011, 10:51 PM
His teams have never been referred to as soft...

hotcarl
01-13-2011, 10:53 PM
His teams have never been referred to as soft...

too easy... pass

Dzone
01-13-2011, 11:47 PM
watching the interview on the broncos site, you cant help but be impressed with the fact that he is so much better at interviews than Mcdaniels will ever be. A lot of people were let down by the hire, thats normal, but John Fox is appearing more and more like the right man for the job. Was cool that he said he had been to Florida before the draft and met Tebows family. They already know each other. He has a commanding voice and is totally confident.

Dzone
01-13-2011, 11:51 PM
Hes bringing Tolbert and Magazu to Denver.
http://www.catscratchreader.com/2011/1/13/1934196/tolbert-and-magazu-to-follow-fox-to-denver-panthers-pushing-to-retain

Lancane
01-14-2011, 12:01 AM
Hes bringing Tolbert and Magazu to Denver.
http://www.catscratchreader.com/2011/1/13/1934196/tolbert-and-magazu-to-follow-fox-to-denver-panthers-pushing-to-retain

Not sure about Tolbert, but I really like the Magazu hire.

dogfish
01-14-2011, 12:09 AM
Not sure about Tolbert, but I really like the Magazu hire.

he's done a pretty damn good job developing OLs-- khalil, gross, and otah in particular, but they've gotten some solid play out of journeymen vets like keydrick vincent and some other guys as well. . .

G_Money
01-14-2011, 12:51 AM
He's bringing a decent OL coach to the Mile High City instead of that reject we had here before. :salute: Magazu is good at his job.

~G

chazoe60
01-14-2011, 12:58 AM
Don't the Panthers have a pretty good record against the Chargers?

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong but it seems to me they play them tight every time and have won more than they've lost against them.

I'm having trouble finding Team vs. Team records.

Dirk
01-14-2011, 08:23 AM
I love the Magazu hire if that's true! :salute:

TXBRONC
01-14-2011, 09:51 AM
For my friends that were in favor of hiring Fox from the beginning are some of the sameone also were not to fond of Mike McCoy a former Fox assistant for several years. The things I'm reading are pointing to McCoy being retained as the offensive coordinator. Besides the fact that McCoy has worked for Fox before he has worked with Tebow for nearly year so that is plus imho.

I'm not saying that to bait anyone but it does seem like a logical conclusion. It also doesn't hurt that Fox is a big believer in Tebow his words not mine.

McCoy already has one year working with Tim Tebow, and it would be logical for Fox to keep some of the offensive staff because the quarterback's development is so vital to the Broncos.

Elway said last week when he was hired as the team's new chief football executive that his new coach should be willing to work with the rookie quarterback. And Fox said he's a big believer in the former University of Florida star, who started in Denver's last three games.

"I know he'll do whatever it takes to be a great player," Fox said Wednesday. "He's got a lot of the intangibles I look for, and where that goes, it's hard to predict. He's in the development stage for sure, but I think he has the makings to be as good as he wants to be."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81da89ea/article/elway-cites-foxs-football-wisdom-in-hiring-new-broncos-coach?module=HP_headlines

Dzone
01-14-2011, 10:57 AM
I like Studesville but Skipper is a good Rb coach also and was Foxs assistant HC...Panther players are lobbying to keep sKIPPER