PDA

View Full Version : Fire John Fox!

dogfish
01-13-2011, 08:28 PM
hey, somebody had to do it-- it's become a proud tradition around here. . .

:D

:heh:

HORSEPOWER 56
01-13-2011, 08:34 PM
:lol:

It only took what... 4 hours?

hotcarl
01-13-2011, 08:35 PM
this guy sucks!!!! fire elway! fire reeves!!

dogfish
01-13-2011, 08:35 PM

i was surprised-- and a little disappointed-- to see that it hadn't been done already. . . fools are slippin' around here. . .

honz must be passed out or something. . .

honz
01-13-2011, 08:50 PM
I've yet to see any improvements during his tenure as coach. It may indeed be time to cut our losses and move on.

hotcarl
01-13-2011, 08:51 PM
:mad::mad:
I've yet to see any improvements during his tenure as coach. It may indeed be time to cut our losses and move on.

agreed. however please direct your comments to the "OFFICIAL" thread. tia

Lancane
01-13-2011, 08:59 PM
The F'n plane crashed and burned, you didn't learn to fly it in time...thanks for nothing Fox.

hotcarl
01-13-2011, 09:00 PM
lets try and keep this in the OFFICIAL thread please tia

Medford Bronco
01-13-2011, 09:01 PM
i was surprised-- and a little disappointed-- to see that it hadn't been done already. . . fools are slippin' around here. . .

honz must be passed out or something. . .

what would you expect from this juvenile community (mostly anyways lol)

The armchair QBs think they are better than professionals. Its kind of funny really.

Hey I am not overly excited but he is better than that POG that we just fired.

At least we might have a D at some point. Who knows. I will give him a chance to succeed. We have little talent on D and he is a defensive mind, so I think that would be a good thing no?

Medford Bronco
01-13-2011, 09:02 PM
The F'n plane crashed and burned, you didn't learn to fly it in time...thanks for nothing Fox.

much better than josh who blew up this team when it was not needed.

Fox is just picking up the pieces of a bad defensive team and an okay offensive one.

we shall see what happens.

honz
01-13-2011, 09:05 PM
I love you Carl, but we all start shitty threads sometimes...

topscribe
01-13-2011, 09:08 PM
He has hair on top of his head.

I hate him.

-----

Medford Bronco
01-13-2011, 09:09 PM
He has hair on top of his head.

I hate him.

-----

improvment over the fraud that just got fired here.

lets give him a chance

just my 2 cents. Not that it matters lol

topscribe
01-13-2011, 09:14 PM
improvment over the fraud that just got fired here.

lets give him a chance

just my 2 cents. Not that it matters lol

Yes, but Med, when are your remarks going to be worth more than 2 cents?

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/anon.gif

-----

chazoe60
01-13-2011, 09:14 PM
Get rid of this bum. He hasn't even won a single game for the Broncos.

Lancane
01-13-2011, 09:16 PM
much better than josh who blew up this team when it was not needed.

Fox is just picking up the pieces of a bad defensive team and an okay offensive one.

we shall see what happens.

I'm going to give him a chance, McDaniels lost my support the minute he tried to trade Cutler...I don't see Fox doing that kind of crap, so we'll see if he can balance it all and get a solid defense and a noteworthy offense on the field.

Now if we have a good defense and craptastic offense, I really will want his ass fired...but for now I'm cool. I would prefer a better offensive coordinator to be hired then Mike McCoy, but I'll let it play out before I become a whinny bitch about it.

GEM
01-13-2011, 09:45 PM

You would have posted a serious one if it were Dennison hired today. :lol: :D

GEM
01-13-2011, 09:47 PM
Let's go :defense: About ******* time we get a defensive mind around here. All we have been bitching about the last decade is needing defense....well, guys and dolls....I can't wait for the next time the boys take the field.

Now Goodell and players union...get off your asses and get a ******* agreement in place.

I Eat Staples
01-13-2011, 09:47 PM
What are you guys talking about? Fox is unbeaten as a Bronco.

Thnikkaman
01-13-2011, 11:42 PM

I'll buy the domain and start the website.

sneakers
01-14-2011, 12:07 AM

Surprised it took that long before someone thought of it.

sneakers
01-14-2011, 12:07 AM
Let's go :defense: About ******* time we get a defensive mind around here. All we have been bitching about the last decade is needing defense....well, guys and dolls....I can't wait for the next time the boys take the field.

Now Goodell and players union...get off your asses and get a ******* agreement in place.

Sarcastic thread is sarcastic

GEM
01-14-2011, 12:29 AM
Sarcastic thread is sarcastic

Yep, and my post was serious.

Dirk
01-14-2011, 08:59 AM

100% in agreement!! The part in BOLD must be taken care of! I can't have a year without football!

muse
01-14-2011, 10:21 AM

I've personally had enough of all this defence malarkey. What we really need is a young, up-and-coming offensive genius at the helm. Who's with me?

chazoe60
01-14-2011, 10:34 AM
I've personally had enough of all this defence malarkey. What we really need is a young, up-and-coming offensive genius at the helm. Who's with me?

I heard Josh McDaniels is looking for a job.

Dirk
01-14-2011, 11:01 AM

Malarkey cancelled his interview with us....:D

chazoe60
01-14-2011, 11:03 AM
Seriously, it's been like 18 hours and this guy hasn't done shit. We're spinning our wheels with this guy. Lets blow it all up and just start over.

T.K.O.
01-14-2011, 11:50 AM
i think he should interview mcD for the oc spot....that would be sooooooooo cooooooooooool !:beer:

TXBRONC
01-14-2011, 12:19 PM
Krieger: Fox fits perfectly as the anti-McD
By Dave Krieger
The Denver Post
Posted: 01/14/2011 01:00:00 AM MST
Updated: 01/14/2011 01:19:14 AM MST

No knock on Rick Dennison or Perry Fewell, Dirk Koetter or Eric Studesville, but the Broncos just tried the on-the-job training thing and it didn't work out that well. With limited options, their standards were appropriately modest. They went out looking for a grownup who knows what he's doing, and they found one.

http://www.denverpost.com/krieger/ci_17092258

It's nice to have an adult in charge of the store once again.

dogfish
08-12-2011, 06:00 AM
What are you guys talking about? Fox is unbeaten as a Bronco.

sooo. . . now what do you think?

:rolleyes:

0-1

fire john fox!

I Eat Staples
08-12-2011, 06:15 AM
sooo. . . now what do you think?

:rolleyes:

0-1

fire john fox!

I think Fox is unbeaten in the regular season as a Bronco.

hotcarl
08-12-2011, 07:27 AM
I hope they fire him today...

hotcarl
09-13-2011, 09:38 AM
today is the day

Thnikkaman
09-13-2011, 09:48 AM
After his defense getting run on for 150+ yards last night and the time outs called when the Raiders had the ball at the 1 yard line, he needs to go.

slim
09-13-2011, 09:50 AM
I like how he has failed to upgrade the run defense, yet has managed to take the air out of our already medicore offense.

BroncoStud
09-13-2011, 09:51 AM
Nice guy, average coach. I wasn't happy when we hired him and I'm not happy he's here today.

hotcarl
09-13-2011, 09:56 AM
Nice guy, average coach. I wasn't happy when we hired him and I'm not happy he's here today.

dont worry he will probably be fired by lunchtime

Dzone
09-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Its not too early to start calling for Fox to be fired. He had the worst record in all of football last year and he looks to be going for a repeat...He is over the hill...The game has passed him by..He is no longer the defensive guru he once was. Get rid of him. FIRE FOX!

BigDaddyBronco
09-13-2011, 10:05 AM
Wow our offense was better with McDaniels. Who would have thought...

Defense does look better, but that could be due more to personnel and scheme than coaching.

slim
09-13-2011, 10:07 AM
Wow our offense was better with McDaniels. Who would have thought...

Defense does look better, but that could be due more to personnel and scheme than coaching.

The defense did show flashes at times, but the offense was as bad as I have seen in a long time.

Thnikkaman
09-13-2011, 10:12 AM
Maybe this deserves its own thread, but should be fine for now.

Record after 1 game:

JMcD: 1-0
JFox: 0-1

BigDaddyBronco
09-13-2011, 10:13 AM
Maybe this deserves its own thread, but should be fine for now.

Record after 1 game:

JMcD: 1-0
JFox: 0-1
Hey Thnik, do you think Fox will get fired if he goes 4-12?

tomjonesrocks
09-13-2011, 10:19 AM
History shows Fox can't win when his teams can't run. And this team can't run.

The two biggest needs for the team going into the offseason were DT and to improve the running game. The Broncos opted to do neither. I'm stoked with Miller--but there's little else to be happy about.

tomjonesrocks
09-13-2011, 10:21 AM

You act like the Broncos had a choice. This was not a desired gig. That went out with McD. Fox wasn't wanted by anyone else and came cheap. Those were to key attributes to the hire. Nothing has changed today, BTW--so it would be stupid to fire him.

Thnikkaman
09-13-2011, 10:25 AM
Hey Thnik, do you think Fox will get fired if he goes 4-12?

It depends on how/if adjustments are made. That was the downfall of JMcD (not that the spying didn't put the final nail in the coffin). He had no ability to adjust from week to week to try and fix the obvious problems from the week before. If he continues to start Orton if our win% is less than .300 after week 6, then he should get the boot.

BroncoStud
09-13-2011, 10:28 AM
You act like the Broncos had a choice. This was not a desired gig. That went out with McD. Fox wasn't wanted by anyone else and came cheap. Those were to key attributes to the hire. Nothing has changed today, BTW--so it would be stupid to fire him.

So John Fox was the ONLY coach in football that wanted the Denver job??

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ok...

Lancane
09-13-2011, 10:45 AM

Ok...

Ummm...Stud, though I do disagree like you do, fact of the matter is that the others who wanted the job had far less experience for the price tag the Broncos were looking for. But this is why I was against John Fox, he's too conservative offensively and he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes, the offense that McCoy is running has already proven to be flawed in Denver, just as it was proven to be flawed in Carolina. This is why I wanted Rick Dennison, he'd have at least brought in an explosive offense that can do shit, he would have brought back a true zone blocking scheme, not that mediocre version we saw last night and he could have hired someone to instill a 43 'Bend Don't Break' defense just as well.

BigDaddyBronco
09-13-2011, 10:45 AM
It depends on how/if adjustments are made. That was the downfall of JMcD (not that the spying didn't put the final nail in the coffin). He had no ability to adjust from week to week to try and fix the obvious problems from the week before. If he continues to start Orton if our win% is less than .300 after week 6, then he should get the boot.

He is a much nicer guy than McD, that will keep him around another year.

PatriotsGuy
09-13-2011, 11:15 AM
He is a much nicer guy than McD, that will keep him around another year.

I think Eric Mangini is available :listen:

BigDaddyBronco
09-13-2011, 11:18 AM

PAG, don't make me pull a Nut on you....

PatriotsGuy
09-13-2011, 11:21 AM
PAG, don't make me pull a Nut on you....

:D sorry

Bronco Bible
09-13-2011, 11:29 AM

To be honest I was all in favor of Fox as hc,that said, may I remind you of how long he stuck with Delhomme.

Thnikkaman
09-13-2011, 11:54 AM
To be honest I was all in favor of Fox as hc,that said, may I remind you of how long he stuck with Delhomme.

I'd rather not remember.

When does Hockey season start? I hope I can enjoy that season longer than this one.

JakeNbake
09-13-2011, 12:12 PM
Fire the OP. :D

BroncoStud
09-13-2011, 01:51 PM
Ummm...Stud, though I do disagree like you do, fact of the matter is that the others who wanted the job had far less experience for the price tag the Broncos were looking for. But this is why I was against John Fox, he's too conservative offensively and he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes, the offense that McCoy is running has already proven to be flawed in Denver, just as it was proven to be flawed in Carolina. This is why I wanted Rick Dennison, he'd have at least brought in an explosive offense that can do shit, he would have brought back a true zone blocking scheme, not that mediocre version we saw last night and he could have hired someone to instill a 43 'Bend Don't Break' defense just as well.

Look L, I UNDERSTAND why we hired Fox, it was the safe and easy move, kind of like starting Orton is now to Fox, safe, easy, and in step with the system.

I still would have PREFERRED we hired Rick Dennison, he was more than willing to come here cheap. Obviously it was an uphill battle to land Harbaugh, but Dennison is a Broncos alum and a very intelligent offensive mind. Fox is a retread and has an average career performance record.

I get it but I have never liked it.

One of the reasons Shanahan was so successful, and he was DAMN successful, was and is that he isn't afraid to take risks.

Npba900
09-13-2011, 01:53 PM

Meh! And replace him with WHOM!!!!:laugh:

Npba900
09-13-2011, 01:55 PM

Over rated he had chances in Cleveland and with the Jets.

Npba900
09-13-2011, 01:57 PM

And replace him with WHOM!!!:tsk:

Npba900
09-13-2011, 02:02 PM

SIGH! I wish we could roll back time to 2008 and Bowlen's mind doctor could have changed his mind about firing Shanahan.

Had Shanahan not be fired.....we wouldn't be talking about firing John fox. But then of course Elway wouldn't be here due to the fact he and Shanahan would not have made a good match.

PatriotsGuy
09-13-2011, 02:04 PM
Over rated he had chances in Cleveland and with the Jets.

It was a joke :)

Thnikkaman
09-13-2011, 02:10 PM
And replace him with WHOM!!!:tsk:

I could name 15 armchair head coaches in this forum that would do a better job at this point.

:coffee:

GEM
09-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Fire all of you self-righteous fans!!

Sincerely,
Kyle Orton

slim
09-13-2011, 02:11 PM
I could name 15 armchair head coaches in this forum that would do a better job at this point.

:coffee:

Do it!

GEM
09-13-2011, 02:13 PM
SIGH! I wish we could roll back time to 2008 and Bowlen's mind doctor could have changed his mind about firing Shanahan.

Had Shanahan not be fired.....we wouldn't be talking about firing John fox. But then of course Elway wouldn't be here due to the fact he and Shanahan would not have made a good match.

And our defense would still suck....oh wait...it still does.... :sigh:

Npba900
09-13-2011, 02:27 PM
And our defense would still suck....oh wait...it still does.... :sigh:

Agreed. Its going to be a long road back to respectablity. We've got nothing but time as fans.

dogfish
09-13-2011, 02:35 PM
nice work bumping this fellas. . . .

:defense::elefant:

DenBronx
09-13-2011, 02:38 PM
We had chances to win the game...unlike last year.

I cant blame Fox for Prater shanking a field goal to the right, cant blame him for Seabass nailing a record field goal, cant blame him for moreno and mcgahee getting 39 yards rushing, cant blame him for Orton dropping a football with no one around him, cant blame him for a blocked punt, cant blame him for the fumbles and ints ect.

It was mostly the offenses fault and sadly we have dj, warren, thomas, d. thomas, dume, bailey, llyod and moreno all out at the moment with injuries. thats the heart of the team right there.

Fox cant pull a rabbit out of his ass guys......we're much better off with him then the last coach.

vandammage13
09-13-2011, 02:40 PM

I would trade having Elway the executive in exchange for us never firing Shanny.

At least with Shanny we were a pretty consistent team. I respect Elway the QB, but the jury is still out on Elway the exec.

Shanny was a proven winner. Looks like he's already got Washington on the right track.

dogfish
09-13-2011, 02:42 PM
We had chances to win the game...unlike last year.

I cant blame Fox for Prater shanking a field goal to the right, cant blame him for Seabass nailing a record field goal, cant blame him for moreno and mcgahee getting 39 yards rushing, cant blame him for Orton dropping a football with no one around him, cant blame him for a blocked punt, cant blame him for the fumbles and ints ect.

It was mostly the offenses fault and sadly we have dj, warren, thomas, d. thomas, dume, bailey, llyod and moreno all out at the moment with injuries. thats the heart of the team right there.

Fox cant pull a rabbit out of his ass guys......we're much better off with him then the last coach.

relax meng, this was started as a joke thread about an hour after we hired him. . . .

i am going to go start a serious "fire xanders" thread, though. . . BRB. . . .

Thnikkaman
09-13-2011, 02:42 PM
Do it!

G_Money
Coach Chaz
MOterboat
UR29
SmilinAssaSin27
OMO
Atwater
West (shudder)
BossHog (if he was still around more actively)
Lord Trychon
Northman
HD (see Boss)
Benetto (again see Boss)
Buff
Zweems

Feel free to call me out on any of these, but I'm not going to defend them.

BroncoStud
09-13-2011, 02:43 PM
Shanny went to Washington and got rid of the trash. Now they look respectable. Grossman looked like a stud on Sunday. I'll give Shanahan credit, he didn't panic with is QB situation, he didn't draft 1 high, he put his system in place and now it looks like Grossman is servicable until he has a long-term solution.

By the way, he was right about McNabb, Donovan SUCKS these days. He was utterly worthless against the Bolts.

tomjonesrocks
09-13-2011, 11:02 PM

Ok...

":laugh::laugh::laugh: Ok..."

Yep. Pretty much. Fox was the anti-McD--and a supposedly defensive-minded coach. Pretty much seemed to fit what the front-office was looking for to a "T". And he was one of the few coaches anyone had ever heard of that wanted a job. Sorry if that offends you.

And pretty respected around here until last night. He was "opposite of an asshat" until a matter of hours ago. :coffee:

Fox is just fine for the time being. Once the talent has been upped--the team will need to move on to become a real playoff threat. That's years from now.

BroncoStud
09-14-2011, 12:48 AM
":laugh::laugh::laugh: Ok..."

Yep. Pretty much. Fox was the anti-McD--and a supposedly defensive-minded coach. Pretty much seemed to fit what the front-office was looking for to a "T". And he was one of the few coaches anyone had ever heard of that wanted a job. Sorry if that offends you.

And pretty respected around here until last night. He was "opposite of an asshat" until a matter of hours ago. :coffee:

Fox is just fine for the time being. Once the talent has been upped--the team will need to move on to become a real playoff threat. That's years from now.

So you hire a coach only to fire him to bring in a coach that can get you to the next level?? I'm not seeing the logic in that one bit...

Why not hire a HC NOW, that you won't have to fire at a later date, give him 5 years to help you build a contender, and appease both worlds? Fox has a lot of issues that hold him back from being an elite HC, one of those is his stubborn devotion to underachieving veteran players. Another was his refusal to open up his offense.

We didn't hire a temporary consultant to help us get back on track... But you're right, I absolutely believe we are going to have to fire Fox to get to the next level, when the talent is there. The NFL in 2011 is built around passing, look at the rule changes, look at the transition to spread offenses, it's all about the pass. Fox is antiquated and Carolina fans will be the first to tell you that.

Lancane
10-02-2011, 06:24 PM
***BUMP***

If I didn't do it, someone else would have!

chazoe60
10-02-2011, 06:27 PM
Fox gjves us the best chance to win. P

Lancane
10-02-2011, 06:29 PM
Fox gjves us the best chance to win. P

I would agree if this was the 80's! In this era of football? Not a chance!

BroncoStud
10-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Fox sucks. No urgency, no innovation. It's like Lenny and his mouse trying to match wits with Megamind. What a joke. I couldn't stand the hire THEN, I can stand it even less NOW. I would love to see Fox and Orton shipped out of Denver tomorrow.

Dzone
10-02-2011, 06:33 PM
We hired the coach with the worst record int the NFL and expected him to learn how to win again. Good thing he was cheap.

Dzone
10-02-2011, 06:34 PM
Fox totally sucks

Dzone
10-02-2011, 06:36 PM
Fox said we would have the most sophisticated running game in the league....He has been full of shit ever since.

BroncoStud
10-02-2011, 06:36 PM
We hired the coach with the worst record int the NFL and expected him to learn how to win again. Good thing he was cheap.

Meanwhile the 49ers and Jim Harbaugh are 3-1...

Lancane
10-02-2011, 06:37 PM

Don't remind me! :tsk:

chazoe60
10-02-2011, 06:40 PM
Fox said we would have the most sophisticated running game in the league....He has been full of shit ever since.

He also said he'd start a gamer not a practice player. Two lying regimes in a row. The first one had more balls than brains, this new one is as gutless as it's starting QB.

Face it folks, we're set for a long run of suck. Could be another ten years before we see a playoff win.

BroncoStud
10-02-2011, 06:43 PM
He also said he'd start a gamer not a practice player. Two lying regimes in a row. The first one had more balls than brains, this new one is as gutless as it's starting QB.

Face it folks, we're set for a long run of suck. Could be another ten years before we see a playoff win.

Question is how long will Elway allow his good buddy John Fox to suck? We might realistically see 3-5 years of this garbage.

Fox should be a defensive coordinator, nothing higher.

MeanDean
10-02-2011, 06:52 PM
Really upset about this one. Fox is looking like an egotistical dirt bag right now. And how come Tebow didnt come in at the end? Has anybody heard anything about it?

Dzone
10-02-2011, 06:55 PM
Ya, Fox is kind of starting to act like an arrogant jerk.

DenBronx
10-02-2011, 06:56 PM
All I know is Fox was givin a crap sanwhich when he got here. He does look very mediocre and not aggressive enough. He needs to grow a pair if he wants to last. That would start with firing the OC, McCoy.

This team still has way too many areas to fix.

I do miss Shanahan...he's turning Wash into a playoff team right before our eyes.

BroncoStud
10-02-2011, 06:56 PM
Really upset about this one. Fox is looking like an egotistical dirt bag right now. And how come Tebow didnt come in at the end? Has anybody heard anything about it?

I honestly didn't see the point of putting Tebow in the game late in the 4th quarter. It's becoming more interesting to watch the Kyle Orton trainwreck these days anyway. He seemingly invents new ways to turn the football over every week.

Medford Bronco
10-02-2011, 07:00 PM
He inherited a mess from Josh McDanifraud.

He will do better once he gets some more talent. The pass D is patheic. But we got ripped by the Super Bowl Champs and the top 1 or 2 QB in all of football. What did you expect, the 1998 Broncos to show up today.

BroncoStud
10-02-2011, 07:04 PM
Fox was 2-14 last year, the ONLY coach who lost more games than the Denver Broncos... It's not like Fox has a Super Bowl ring or is a HoF coach. He's everything the Panthers fans warned us he was going to be.

Stubborn, overly-conservative, and not strong with his scheme.

CrazyHorse
10-02-2011, 07:11 PM
I still say we should have hired Rex Ryan when we had the chance.

Dzone
10-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Whew, good thing we didn't even interview Harbaugh because we couldn't afford him.
We went shopping in the bargain basement of NFL head coaches and grabbed Fox off the sale rack. We got what we paid for. Harbaugh is 3-1. Fox is 1-3

flash3six0
10-02-2011, 07:24 PM
This guy is like the handicap version of JD.....no offense ..oh wait or defense period.

Lancane
10-02-2011, 07:37 PM
He inherited a mess from Josh McDanifraud.

He will do better once he gets some more talent. The pass D is patheic. But we got ripped by the Super Bowl Champs and the top 1 or 2 QB in all of football. What did you expect, the 1998 Broncos to show up today.

I'm sure that's what the good folks in Carolina said as well...

Thnikkaman
10-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Whew, good thing we didn't even interview Harbaugh because we couldn't afford him.
We went shopping in the bargain basement of NFL head coaches and grabbed Fox off the sale rack. We got what we paid for. Harbaugh is 3-1. Fox is 1-3

Fox vs Mcdaniels Game #4.

McDaniels 4-0
Fox 1-3

DenBronx
10-02-2011, 09:46 PM
Fox vs Mcdaniels Game #4.

McDaniels 4-0
Fox 1-3

At least JMcD inherited somewhat of an offense before he dismantled it. Then he dismantled it and Fox is given the leftovers.

However, Fox is extremely stubborn, to the point where it could cost him his job. Hopefully he brings in a new offense next year cuz this one sucks!

Rick Dennison would have been good for the Broncos. It fit his style and he loves this team. I bet he hates the raiders and much as Shanny did.

Bosco
10-02-2011, 11:11 PM
Don't remind me! :tsk:

I feel your pain brother. I feel your pain.

Medford Bronco
10-03-2011, 07:16 PM
I'm sure that's what the good folks in Carolina said as well...

He got to the Super bowl with Jake Dellome and was a decent coach minus last year when he had the great Jimmy Clausen as his QB.

Our talent sucks and I will not lay it at him right now. He is a decent coach. Not awesome not terrible. Better than Josh who ruined our team and we are paying for it now.

Josh is poisoning the Rams offense right now as well. What a fraud he is.

Npba900
10-03-2011, 09:21 PM
Get rid of this bum. He hasn't even won a single game for the Broncos.

I say we hire Kyle Shanahan next year!!!!;) or just wait 5 years and Shanahan and Elway will team up once again and return this franchise to its glory years.

Npba900
10-04-2011, 04:21 PM

Did we have a chance to hire Harbaugh?:laugh: It seems as thought since the firing of Shanny.....they can't find a decent HC.

Bowlen should have hired Dennison as HC after firing Shanny. At least Dennison would have kept the west coast offense and zone blocking schemes in place. Had Dennison been hired....Cutler would still be in Denver as well.

Oh well, Fox will be given 3-4 years to turn this ship around. Looks like Fox is headed for 2-4 win season in 2011. Lets hope in 2012 Fox can have Denver at least 8-8 in 2013 in the playoffs with 10-12 wins. If not Fox will not be coaching in 2014!!!

Nick
10-04-2011, 05:08 PM
As I mentioned before we got fox... Jim Harbaugh

BUT

If we got Harbaugh... We wouldn't have a chance at Luck because we would be winning so I guess Elway thinks Luck > Harbaugh.

Serious though, We could of had him but settled for less.

BroncoStud
10-04-2011, 05:15 PM
As I mentioned before we got fox... Jim Harbaugh

BUT

If we got Harbaugh... We wouldn't have a chance at Luck because we would be winning so I guess Elway thinks Luck > Harbaugh.

Serious though, We could of had him but settled for less.

I'm not so sure... It was said by people who knew Harbaugh that when he was on the market that his family really liked living in San Francisco and didn't want to move. The 49ers may have been his landing spot no matter what... But who knows. Maybe Elway wasn't given the finanical resources to go and get Harbaugh.

Hard to say.

Nick
10-04-2011, 05:38 PM
I'm not so sure... It was said by people who knew Harbaugh that when he was on the market that his family really liked living in San Francisco and didn't want to move. The 49ers may have been his landing spot no matter what... But who knows. Maybe Elway wasn't given the finanical resources to go and get Harbaugh.

Hard to say.

They wanted to stay local but was not deciding factor. Was raised listening to this guy in the bayarea.

Broncos would have had to pay him if they wanted to. This guy is money and just has the blood for this.

Dzone
11-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Last year Fox had the worst record in football, and everyone blamed it on the Panthers owner. This year, his record is dreadful, and everyone is blaming it on Bowlen and Mcdaniels. Wonder how much more losing we will have to endure before people realize this guy sucks?

Ravage!!!
11-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Last year Fox had the worst record in football, and everyone blamed it on the Panthers owner. This year, his record is dreadful, and everyone is blaming it on Bowlen and Mcdaniels. Wonder how much more losing we will have to endure before people realize this guy sucks?

Are you saying that Fox was left with a lot of talent on this team? I mean, if it was a situation where he came in after Shanahan and was left with the same talent that McD was, and had this same type of start... I would say he sucks. But he wasn't. This team is VOID of talent, and a QB that is a political nightmare.

Fox isn't the problem, right now.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-05-2011, 08:30 PM
HEY - while we are at it - let's fire Miles the Mascot

Dzone
11-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Are you saying that Fox was left with a lot of talent on this team? I mean, if it was a situation where he came in after Shanahan and was left with the same talent that McD was, and had this same type of start... I would say he sucks. But he wasn't. This team is VOID of talent, and a QB that is a political nightmare.

Ya, I hear ya.
Maybe hes not the problem now, but he is part of the problem. This season is going down the toilet and Fox is too damn familiar with losing.
Who knew that John Fox had a twin brother?
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn11/malibubluff/wadephillips.jpg

Lancane
11-06-2011, 07:49 AM

Couldn't have said it better myself...

And it doesn't help that Denver's owner seems to believe in thrift shopping for talent.

chazoe60
11-06-2011, 12:49 PM
While I'm not terribly impressed I'm going to give Fox some time. He inherrited a team devoid of talent with no starting calibur QB on the roster. We probably have the worst QB depth chart in the league. Maybe Was is as bad.

But I have major doubts that Fox's brand of football will ever win a SB.

BigDaddyBronco
11-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Taking points off the board when Tebow is your QB!!!!!

Fire this idiot!!!!

BroncoNut
11-06-2011, 05:51 PM
I don't get the taking points off the board. What does that mean if anyone cares to address it.

Locnar
11-06-2011, 05:53 PM
I don't get the taking points off the board. What does that mean if anyone cares to address it.

We had 3 pts but Fox took the penalty for running into the kicker. And we got jackshit out of it.. :tsk:

LTC Pain
11-06-2011, 06:00 PM

It means the Raiders are up by 10 instead of 7. Prater made the FG but the Raiders took a penalty. Fox decided to take the FG off the board and give Timmy a chance at a TD. That was the worst bunch of plays I've seen in a Broncos uniform.

Timmy!
11-06-2011, 07:29 PM
how about no...

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

dogfish
01-30-2012, 07:37 PM
well, it was fun while it lasted. . .

:welcome: