PDA

View Full Version : We have a clean slate.

PAINTERDAVE
01-13-2011, 06:10 PM
We ALL have a clean slate.
Fans. Owner. FO. Coaches.
The players who will be here.

I am suspending judgement until such time as I have evidence to judge.
I am suspending expectations about what will be...
I am unwilling to base all of my expectations on what was...
especially what happenned in the past at another team and in another city.

I do not even know who the OC is going to be...
or who Fox will have as DC under him.
I am not jumping to condemn or praise "conservative" playcalling.
I want to see what it looks like... find out how it works...
see what form it actualy takes.
This is NOT going to be Carolina West.

We are the Mighty, Mighty Denver Broncos.
We are UNDEFEATED in this new season.

I am getting on board with the new Head Coach.
I am a lifelong Broncos fan...
I accept this new incarnation of my team.

Acceptance is a key to happiness.

TXBRONC
01-13-2011, 06:26 PM
Same here.

What's done is done. He wasn't my first choice but there is nothing I can do to change the fact he was hired. So I'm going to support him and hope that he can build a team we that we can all be proud of.

nevcraw
01-13-2011, 06:28 PM
"Because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggonit, people like me!"

PainterDave > Stuart Smalley

PAINTERDAVE
01-13-2011, 06:30 PM
Same here.

What's done is done. He wasn't my first choice but there is nothing I can do to change the fact he was hire. So I'm going to support him and hope that he can build a team we that we can all be proud of.

All we have to do is become tougher at home again...
and win a few division games on the road...

if we could get the Mile High magic back...
and start whipping up on the Chefs, the Dolts, and the Faiders..

heck ... we'd be right back into the thick of it.

Agent of Orange
01-13-2011, 06:33 PM
Im a little underwhelmed but that doesnt mean he can't win me over.

Northman
01-13-2011, 06:34 PM
Ill give him some time to show me what he can do. If anything, he can use the blueprint of the guy before him of WHAT NOT TO DO. lmao

chazoe60
01-13-2011, 06:36 PM
I like Fox. I see him being able to turn this thing around. I am looking forward to seeing good defense in the Mile High City.

I hope he works well with Tebow and is not afraid to let Tebow grow.

BeefStew25
01-13-2011, 06:39 PM
Everyone close their eyes. Focus. Breathe. Channel your inner outie. Breathe through your belly button. Dream it and you will be there.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-13-2011, 06:43 PM
Good thread. Solid post.

I like it. I actually don't see where Gruden gets all the hype, yet some are disappointed about Fox. Gruden won a SB w/ a team he didn't even put together, and then systematically ruined it. Fox made it to a SB as well, but lost to New England. Some would say that he wins if his dumbass kicker doen't give Brady the ball at the 40 for his game winning drive.

I like the Fox hire. To me, it was either him or Dennison. Dude ended up 2 games over .500 after 9 years. Not an easy task. Especially after going 2-14 this year. This guy has shown he can build a winner..even w/ a non-traditional plucky QB at the helm. Is that not what we have in Tebow? He'll build the defense and allow the offensive youth to progress.

I'm not like most fans though. Elway got his ring (actually 2) and I am actually satisfied as a fan. I understand those who aren't, but if Denver never wins another SB, at least they got the one(s) I wanted. The franchise savior followed through, even after some disasterous failures. IMO, NO NFL title will mean more to anyone, in any city, than Elway's did to Denver. I will still always root for them and want more, but Elway getting his titles completed the journey to me. The rest is gravy to me. So as I say that, I really like the porcess more than I used to. I enjoy watching a team be built. We have hit the bottom. Nowhere to go but up. I too am on board. And I know it will not be turned around overnight. I hope I enjoy the show though.

TXBRONC
01-13-2011, 06:44 PM
Ill give him some time to show me what he can do. If anything, he can use the blueprint of the guy before him of WHAT NOT TO DO. lmao

As far as I know Fox has never gotten into pissing contests with his star players.

Northman
01-13-2011, 06:47 PM
I'm not like most fans though. Elway got his ring (actually 2) and I am actually satisfied as a fan. I understand those who aren't, but if Denver never wins another SB, at least they got the one(s) I wanted. The franchise savior followed through, even after some disasterous failures. IMO, NO NFL title will mean more to anyone, in any city, than Elway's did to Denver. I will still always root for them and want more, but Elway getting his titles completed the journey to me.

To some degree i agree with you. Once John won a SB the monkey was off our back and as for me a fan as well. Took so much grief during those SB losses from opposing fans so it was a huge relief to win one with the greatest QB of alltime. But, still a major Bronco fan so i would still like to see us get another one. If anything, at least make us a respectable playoff contender again.

PAINTERDAVE
01-13-2011, 06:50 PM
Good post about Elways wins in the SB.

Deal is... we are at a whole new era...
and I hope that down the road we can get back there with
all us old fans... and a ton of new ones...
who will feel the same way you do about our future greats
who take us there once again.

I mean...

imagine the NFL in 2030...

the Broncos fans will look back to the Elway Era...

and then hopefully at a our new era that begins now.

The bleak, decade in between will be called "The Lost Years"..
and Josh will be a mere blip on their radar.

Some kid will say...
"Grandpa... was Jay Cutler REALLY a Bronco?"

North will shake his head sadly, and hesitate to tell his grandchild the sad tale of Josh McDaniels.

TXBRONC
01-13-2011, 06:51 PM
To some degree i agree with you. Once John won a SB the monkey was off our back and as for me a fan as well. Took so much grief during those SB losses from opposing fans so it was a huge relief to win one with the greatest QB of alltime. But, still a major Bronco fan so i would still like to see us get another one. If anything, at least make us a respectable playoff contender again.

Another one? I would love to see Denver win five more.

Softskull
01-13-2011, 06:52 PM
This last year has blown for me as a Bronco fan.

That being said...I really like what Elway has done so far. I'm going to tweet him right now.

I like the Fox pick. The guy is a solid pick for a team that has been pathetic on defense for years. Word on the street is Mora is primed to be our DC. We keep McCoy which adds more stability. Someone has mentioned Danny Smith as our ST coach. Schwing!!

It's the first time I've felt hopeful in years.

TXBRONC
01-13-2011, 06:57 PM
If Mora Jr. becomes the defensive coordinator what kind of scheme does he like to run? 3-4 or 4-3?

Softskull
01-13-2011, 07:06 PM
If Mora Jr. becomes the defensive coordinator what kind of scheme does he like to run? 3-4 or 4-3?

I thought he ran a 4-3 in Atlanta. But I suspect he'll adjust to personnel.

PAINTERDAVE
01-13-2011, 07:24 PM
Fox said he wouldn't have a problem if the Broncos want to stick with the 3-4 defensive scheme
they've employed since 2009 even though he mostly used a 4-3 look in Carolina.

claymore
01-13-2011, 07:26 PM
Fox said he wouldn't have a problem if the Broncos want to stick with the 3-4 defensive scheme
they've employed since 2009 even though he mostly used a 4-3 look in Carolina.

We dont have the personell for either scheme, I would like a 4-3 because we will never find a stallion NT (for the 3-4). If we ever did, our whole season would hinge on that one player.

jhildebrand
01-13-2011, 07:27 PM
Great post PainterDave! You beat me to it!

The time is now for the Bronco fanbase to come back together as we once were.

Nobody is saying you have to like Fox. But let's not condemn the man before he has even made a single move. Today is a day to look to the positive and stop focusing on the negatives and everything that has transpired only to serve as a means to divide us.

For me I have said a couple times now that I believe the next coach will serve to rebuild and coach the fundamentals. There are still going to be lean times ahead of us folks-regardless of whomever they named coach. I am willing to see some lean years for real measurable progress, youth, and a real foundation. I think Fox can deliver that!

Go Broncos

SmilinAssasSin27
01-13-2011, 07:30 PM
I'm cool w/ moving back to 4-3. I think Doom and Ayers fit well as 3-4 OLBs, but as Clay said, we're not really setting the world on fire. Besides, Ayers and Doom can definitely be strong parts to a 4-3 DE rotation. Ayers played it in college and Doom can get after the QB from anywhere. DJ could go back to where he belongs and, maybe most importantly, our draft flexibility would improve if we decide to stay at #2.

Bowers' and Fairley's explosive pass rushing ability maybe be wasted in a 3-4 and I love Dareus, but #2 is too early for him, even though he fills a gaping hole. Using a 4-3, we could take whichever Carolina left to us. They go DE, we get Fairley. They want Fairley, we get Bowers. win/win.

Softskull
01-13-2011, 07:41 PM
We dont have the personell for either scheme, I would like a 4-3 because we will never find a stallion NT (for the 3-4). If we ever did, our whole season would hinge on that one player.

I agree with ya Clay. 4-3 guys are much easier to find these days. The only guys in the front seven that I'm married to are Elvis and Ayers. Both of them have played 43.

claymore
01-13-2011, 07:45 PM
I agree with ya Clay. 4-3 guys are much easier to find these days. The only guys in the front seven that I'm married to are Elvis and Ayers. Both of them have played 43.

Ive been in a depression the past 2 years. But Ayers was mainly projected as an end in a 4-3 wasnt he? We know Doom can play end at the very least durring passing downs.

mmmm26
01-13-2011, 08:11 PM
Who has the worst record in the NFL this year? Does that belong to the coach we just hired....did anyone look at that? Are you kidding me, seriously?

Lancane
01-13-2011, 08:17 PM
Great post PainterDave! You beat me to it!

The time is now for the Bronco fanbase to come back together as we once were.

Nobody is saying you have to like Fox. But let's not condemn the man before he has even made a single move. Today is a day to look to the positive and stop focusing on the negatives and everything that has transpired only to serve as a means to divide us.

For me I have said a couple times now that I believe the next coach will serve to rebuild and coach the fundamentals. There are still going to be lean times ahead of us folks-regardless of whomever they named coach. I am willing to see some lean years for real measurable progress, youth, and a real foundation. I think Fox can deliver that!

Go Broncos

Jhil, I don't think newly hired head coaches like being called stepping stones...

:lol:

But I concur with your post. Only thing I am worried about is that he may stick to being conservative and ruin what little offense we have or Tebow's development.

hotcarl
01-13-2011, 08:26 PM
*farts*

PAINTERDAVE
01-13-2011, 08:30 PM
Who has the worst record in the NFL this year? Does that belong to the coach we just hired....did anyone look at that? Are you kidding me, seriously?

Nope. Clean slate.
The worst record last season was The Panthers Team.

Fox is no longer part of that Team.

This is the NEW SEASON.

hotcarl
01-13-2011, 08:32 PM
Nope. Clean slate.
The worst record last season was The Panthers Team.

Fox is no longer part of that Team.

This is the NEW SEASON.

THANKS! YOURe RIGHT PARTY TIME!!! wooooooooooooo!!!!

we goin to tha mother ******* sooooper bowl babies! lets ******* rick and roll!!! get off my cloud ******* ******* mother ******* *************************************************! !!

jhildebrand
01-13-2011, 09:39 PM
Jhil, I don't think newly hired head coaches like being called stepping stones...

:lol:

But I concur with your post. Only thing I am worried about is that he may stick to being conservative and ruin what little offense we have or Tebow's development.

For all of your concerns about Fox's conservative nature....Tebow should benefit the most from it.

Conservative helps Tebow! It will be an offense where Tebow wont have to be "the man" and just has to make plays within the system. That's a good thing. It will allow Tebow to focus on the fundamentals and more importantly we will be able to see if Tebow will be able to perform and play QB in this league.

Looks like a win win situation to me.

Also, the 2008 Carolina Panthers put up 400+ points with Jeff Davidson as OC and Mike McCoy as QB coach. Seems to me you have to be pretty decent to put up 400 points in this league. Oh and by the way, the NFC South in 08 was a pretty decent division.

By the way all coaches are stepping stones to the next coach. Some are bigger stones (Shanahan) and some are mere pebbles (McD) ;)

PAINTERDAVE
01-13-2011, 10:16 PM
For all of your concerns about Fox's conservative nature....Tebow should benefit the most from it.

Conservative helps Tebow! It will be an offense where Tebow wont have to be "the man" and just has to make plays within the system. That's a good thing. It will allow Tebow to focus on the fundamentals and more importantly we will be able to see if Tebow will be able to perform and play QB in this league.

Looks like a win win situation to me.

Also, the 2008 Carolina Panthers put up 400+ points with Jeff Davidson as OC and Mike McCoy as QB coach. Seems to me you have to be pretty decent to put up 400 points in this league. Oh and by the way, the NFC South in 08 was a pretty decent division.

By the way all coaches are stepping stones to the next coach. Some are bigger stones (Shanahan) and some are mere pebbles (McD) ;)

Good point...

this indicates John making sure that Tebow gets developed by a pro.. I like it.

jhildebrand
01-13-2011, 10:21 PM
Good point...

this indicates John making sure that Tebow gets developed by a pro.. I like it.

At the very least it give Tebow the very best chance to show he can succeed in this league all while not having to be the focus or have the onus on him to win.

In short Tebow will be given opportunities to throw and should have some success throwing because we SHOULD have a running game.

I just don't see what isn't to like there!