PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Royal > Desean Jackson

Northman
09-15-2008, 10:09 PM
I know that on the Mane there were a few who were in love with Desean Jackson before and after the draft. And for good reason, the guy is lightning fast which is a bonus for anyone especially the Eagles. But he had some baggage which came along with it. Not a super deal as we have our own guy in Marshall with a little bit of that. But looking at tonight's game against the Cowboys i can say without a doubt, we chose the right guy. Eddie is fast, has great hands, and is SMART. Yes, that goes a long way. Maybe Desean will improve how he plays and his thinking process but his throwing the ball away before crossing the goalline tells me that we picked the right guy. For me, this puts to end any doubt about who is the better player and the TOTAL package.

SmilinAssasSin27
09-15-2008, 10:14 PM
Dude, DeSean is a beast so far. I gotta say I was a bit of a doubter and am glad we won't have his antics, but he is killing it right now. It's WAY too early to say who will be better, but I'm willing to bet both Philly and Denver are pleased. Now what about the Rams? Are they happy about passing on both for Donnie Avery?????

Northman
09-15-2008, 10:16 PM
Dude, DeSean is a beast so far. I gotta say I was a bit of a doubter and am glad we won't have his antics, but he is killing it right now. It's WAY too early to say who will be better, but I'm willing to bet both Philly and Denver are pleased. Now what about the Rams? Are they happy about passing on both for Donnie Avery?????

Rams are having a lot of problems. Even my boy Long cant solve them by himself. But, if they want we can give them Moss and Crowder for Long. :D

honz
09-15-2008, 10:17 PM
Who?:confused:

SmilinAssasSin27
09-15-2008, 10:35 PM
Donnie Avery...you know, the guy the Rams took VERY early in round 2. If I'm not mistaken, wasn't he the 1st WR to go overall? Played at University of Houston if I remember correctly.

ikillz0mbies
09-15-2008, 10:42 PM
I didn't see the game, but would anyone want to fill me in on what Anubis is talking about Jackson throwing the ball away?

Northman
09-15-2008, 10:45 PM
I didn't see the game, but would anyone want to fill me in on what Anubis is talking about Jackson throwing the ball away?

Jackson caught a long pass from McNabb but right as he was about to get into the endzone he pulled a Leon Lett and threw the ball behind him as he thought he had crossed the goalline. But, because the cowboy defenders werent paying attention no one noticed it so upon review the Eagles got to keep the ball at the one. But Jackson was showboating when he threw the ball behind himself.

MOtorboat
09-15-2008, 10:45 PM

Caught a long bomb from McNabb and in his celebration let go of the ball before he crossed the goal line. They gave the Eagles the ball on the one, the ruling was similar to the ruling in the Broncos game yesterday, and Westbrook scored on the next play.

Scarface
09-15-2008, 11:29 PM
I'm glad we took Eddie over Desean. They're both athletically gifted but Eddie has him in the maturity department.

dogfish
09-15-2008, 11:33 PM
without a doubt THE dumbest play i have ever seen in pro sports. . . . :lol:

:hahaha:

seriously, he makes leon lett look like a genius. . . the coaching staff is going to completely rip him a new one. . . talk about gratuitous and unnecessary showboating hurting your team-- if those cowboy defenders had been paying attention. . . SMH

MOtorboat
09-15-2008, 11:34 PM

seriously, he makes leon lett look like a genius. . . the coaching staff is going to completely rip him a new one. . . talk about gratuitous and unnecessary showboating hurting your team-- if those cowboy defenders had been paying attention. . . SMH

I do remind you that Shannon Sharpe once celebrated at the five-yard line, during a snow game...

DeSean's was stupid...Shannon's was funny...

broncobryce
09-15-2008, 11:34 PM
Yeah, that was one of the stupidest plays ever. Eddie scores game winning touchdowns, Desean drops the ball before he goes in. Sounds like we got the right guy

dogfish
09-15-2008, 11:37 PM
I'm glad we took Eddie over Desean. They're both athletically gifted but Eddie has him in the maturity department.

and strength. . . and blocking. . . toughness and willigness to go over the middle and catch the ball despite getting hit. . . and ability to withstand punishment, i'm betting. . . not to mention brains-- what kind of moron intentionally throws the ball away without making sure he's across the goal line??

right now jackson looks like the more explosive returner, but i've often said that hester would be a no-name if he'd been playing behind our atrocious "blocking". . .

Scarface
09-15-2008, 11:45 PM
what kind of moron intentionally throws the ball away without making sure he's across the goal line??

Jerry Rice in his rookie year.

ikillz0mbies
09-16-2008, 12:04 AM
Ahh ok thanks for that guys. Reminds me of when Dante Hall was returning a kick a few years ago against some team and he was already throwing up his arms in celebration but then he fumbled it away. And in basketball, when Ricky Davis missed a shot on his own basket to get a rebound hoping he could record a triple double, but he was actually one rebound less.

It's stupid showboating and unsportsmanlike actions that show how immature some players can be. They let stuff get into their head and try to please a crowd or rub it in the face of teams. But if they screw up, it costs a team BIG TIME.

Northman
09-16-2008, 12:12 AM
Ahh ok thanks for that guys. Reminds me of when Dante Hall was returning a kick a few years ago against some team and he was already throwing up his arms in celebration but then he fumbled it away. And in basketball, when Ricky Davis missed a shot on his own basket to get a rebound hoping he could record a triple double, but he was actually one rebound less.

It's stupid showboating and unsportsmanlike actions that show how immature some players can be. They let stuff get into their head and try to please a crowd or rub it in the face of teams. But if they screw up, it costs a team BIG TIME.

At least in Desean's case the Cowboy defense wasnt paying attention. Seems though that Karma bit even them in the ass later in the game.

Hawgdriver
09-16-2008, 12:24 AM
Yeah, and Westbrook paid for his mistake on the next play. His front flip onto his neck/shoulders isn't something you like to see your running back do. That takes a toll over the season.

G_Money
09-16-2008, 01:14 AM
Sportscenter showed Desean doing a flip in high school to show off and landing short of the goal line - and fumbling.

Just dumb.

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7hbzpZilJE

Desean is a very talented kid. I hate him, but he has lots of talent. But I stand by my assessment that Royal with his time in the weight room and his dedication to his craft will stay healthier.

Desean's gonna be eating his own ribs sometime this season. I have a bet going with a friend. If he makes it all 16 games without injury I owe him a steak dinner.

I feel rock-solid certain that Jackson doesn't stand a chance of making it that long.

Desean's a very talented idiot who is built like a twig and would be useless in our run game.

Eddie Royal can bench a buick for his size and is a dedicated, hard-working, passionate student of the game - and a good citizen. Did I mention he's just as talented as Desean?

Give me Eddie every time.

~G

MHCBill
09-16-2008, 06:31 AM
I do remind you that Shannon Sharpe once celebrated at the five-yard line, during a snow game...

DeSean's was stupid...Shannon's was funny...I believe that was his brother Sterling.

broncosinindy
09-16-2008, 06:48 AM

seriously, he makes leon lett look like a genius. . . the coaching staff is going to completely rip him a new one. . . talk about gratuitous and unnecessary showboating hurting your team-- if those cowboy defenders had been paying attention. . . SMHnot to mention he is a rookie. Rookies IMO need to finnish plays and not worry about celebrating i think that is something that should be unexcusable

broncosinindy
09-16-2008, 06:59 AM
This team needs character. and idefinelty feel we got good citizens i dont think that can be stressed enough

rcsodak
09-16-2008, 11:42 AM
Rams are having a lot of problems. Even my boy Long cant solve them by himself. But, if they want we can give them Moss and Crowder for Long. :D
Doubt even the Rams would want them.... :coffee:

Requiem / The Dagda
09-16-2008, 01:33 PM
DeSean is still ripping it up. Good for him. He's my boy!

CoachChaz
09-16-2008, 01:42 PM
I dont think Jackson was really celebrating. He didnt do any kind of flamboyant dance or anything. It's only speculation, but my best guess is he thought he crossed the line and simply let go of the ball. I agree he should hold it longer next time, but it was nothing ridiculously insane.

He's young...he'll figure it out. Right now, it looks like both teams got nice recievers for the future.

honz
09-16-2008, 01:48 PM
I dont think Jackson was really celebrating. He didnt do any kind of flamboyant dance or anything. It's only speculation, but my best guess is he thought he crossed the line and simply let go of the ball. I agree he should hold it longer next time, but it was nothing ridiculously insane.

He's young...he'll figure it out. Right now, it looks like both teams got nice recievers for the future.
Right after he let go of the ball he sort of looked back like he thought he might have just screwed up, but then he went immediately into some stupid dance after he saw the TD signal. He clearly had his mind more on the celebration of the TD than the actual TD. He has a history of seeking personal glory throughout his career and being a hot head. It's not a coincidence that he is already acting like a bonehead in the pros and this only verifies my worries about him coming out of college.

Northman
09-16-2008, 02:06 PM
Right after he let go of the ball he sort of looked back like he thought he might have just screwed up, but then he went immediately into some stupid dance after he saw the TD signal. He clearly had his mind more on the celebration of the TD than the actual TD. He has a history of seeking personal glory throughout his career and being a hot head. It's not a coincidence that he is already acting like a bonehead in the pros and this only verifies my worries about him coming out of college.

Oh, he knew he screwed up. He was the first one to greet Westbrook after his TD.