PDA

View Full Version : With John Fox as head coach, how will the Broncos be run?

Denver Native (Carol)
01-13-2011, 05:11 PM
With the hiring of John Fox as the Broncos' 14th head coach in franchise history, the team's corporate flowchart looks like this:

# Pat Bowlen, owner and chief executive officer

While Bowlen has stepped back form public view in recent months and has publicly admitted to some health issues, there is no question he remains in charge of all things Broncos. After hearing the recommendations, he made the call on the team's new head coach. All of the team's top executives report to him.

# Joe Ellis, president

Ellis reports directly to Bowlen, all others report to Ellis. He will not oversee the day-to-day work of the team's football operations any longer, but he still controls the team's checkbook. He will spend more of his time with the business side of the organization, but he will, after crunching the numbers with Bowlen, set the budget for the roster, including money available for free agency.

# John Elway, executive vice president of football operations

Elway has been front and center in the search for the team's head coach and was the team official in direct contact with each of the candidates. He will oversee all things football for the Broncos, including pro and college scouting, the team's coaching staff and contract negotiations. He reports to Ellis and Bowlen.

# Brian Xanders, general manager

Xanders will handle the day-to-day personnel issues, including player transactions and will be out front in contract talks with players. He will oversee the team's draft board and coordinate the team's scouting staffs for both pro personnel and the annual draft. He'll report directly to Elway.

# John Fox, head coach

A seasoned veteran, Fox will manage the team's roster and coaching staff day-to-day, including formulating practice plans as well as training camp and offseason schedules. Will hire his assistant coaches, within a budget set by Ellis. Will have input in the team's draft and free agency plans as well. He will answer to Elway.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17088006?source=rss

BroncoStud
01-13-2011, 05:13 PM
Blind leading the blind here... Ellis writing the checks? I guess that means we won't be spending much on free agency either lol... No wonder we couldn't even get a real coach to come interview with us.

rationalfan
01-13-2011, 05:21 PM
Blind leading the blind here... Ellis writing the checks? I guess that means we won't be spending much on free agency either lol... No wonder we couldn't even get a real coach to come interview with us.

can you elaborate? or are you just hip shooting?

BroncoStud
01-13-2011, 05:28 PM
can you elaborate? or are you just hip shooting?

The Broncos are cheap. Too cheap to hire a REAL GM, too cheap to hire a sought-after Head Coach. Bowlen is worried about paying coaches when he's already paying coaches but if had gotten a legit GM in the first place it wouldn't be an issue.

The Broncos just aren't making smart moves and haven't for quite a while now.

arapaho2
01-13-2011, 05:40 PM
The Broncos are cheap. Too cheap to hire a REAL GM, too cheap to hire a sought-after Head Coach. Bowlen is worried about paying coaches when he's already paying coaches but if had gotten a legit GM in the first place it wouldn't be an issue.

The Broncos just aren't making smart moves and haven't for quite a while now.

sought nafter coaches?...you mean like chucky or the chin?....guys that would demeand total control?

like the last 2 coaches had...is that what you want again?

BroncoStud
01-13-2011, 05:43 PM
sought nafter coaches?...you mean like chucky or the chin?....guys that would demeand total control?

like the last 2 coaches had...is that what you want again?

Shanahan had full control and won us 2 Super Bowls. Control is fine with me as long as he who has it is qualified to possess it and has shown he can handle it. I absolutely would have given Gruden control of personnel to get him to coach the Broncos, Cowher probably so as well.

Those guys have earned their accolades, McDaniels was just the ineptitude of Ellis not knowing what the F$%& he was doing and Bowlen not paying attention.

BroncoJoe
01-13-2011, 05:52 PM

Post never again. In fact, take your keyboard, place it under the tire of your car and drive over it.

tia

arapaho2
01-13-2011, 06:42 PM
Shanahan had full control and won us 2 Super Bowls. Control is fine with me as long as he who has it is qualified to possess it and has shown he can handle it. I absolutely would have given Gruden control of personnel to get him to coach the Broncos, Cowher probably so as well.

Those guys have earned their accolades, McDaniels was just the ineptitude of Ellis not knowing what the F$%& he was doing and Bowlen not paying attention.

shanny didnt have complete controll when we won superbowls i beleive

Day1BroncoFan
01-13-2011, 06:46 PM
Like a well oiled machine I hope.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-13-2011, 06:52 PM
Anyone who would give Gruden total control is an idiot. Cowher, okay, I could see that. Gruden? Dude has done NOTHING but watch a championship roster erode before his very eyes.

TXBRONC
01-13-2011, 07:03 PM
I wonder if this budget that Ellis sets will be big enough to hire quality coaches?

claymore
01-13-2011, 07:18 PM
I wonder if this budget that Ellis sets will be big enough to hire quality coaches?

Im sure it is. There isnt any million dollar coordinators available though. I just hopw we arent stuck with the coaches we have. Our Oline, RB coach etc are trash.

G_Money
01-13-2011, 07:22 PM
I want our OL coach run out of town on the rail right about...now...

~G

claymore
01-13-2011, 07:29 PM

~G

It doesnt move fast enough.

hotcarl
01-13-2011, 07:30 PM
we just need to put our best foot forward and dip our toes in the water and have better footwork and then JO :elefant:

silkamilkamonico
01-13-2011, 07:45 PM
Anyone who would give Gruden total control is an idiot. Cowher, okay, I could see that. Gruden? Dude has done NOTHING but watch a championship roster erode before his very eyes.

You clearly do not have a clue what happened in TB. Gruden wasn't even given a chance.

chazoe60
01-13-2011, 07:48 PM
I think it's going to be a team effort. They will all have input and John will have ultimate say. This is a departure from the old model, thank God. This will be good for the Broncos in the long run but there may be some bumps initially.

red98
01-13-2011, 08:00 PM

~G

Do you think Fox will bring in Davidson as O-line coach?