PDA

View Full Version : Patriots RBs: Who benefits most?

WhoDey
09-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Okay, so both Sammy Morris and LaMont Jordan are available in my league.

Laurence Maroney is hurt. Who do I pick up?

Skinny
09-15-2008, 09:31 PM
Tough one. Jordan does the work and piles up the yardage while Sammy gets the goal line touches which usually means the TDs.

Yesterday, Morris had 8 carries for 0 yards and a TD. :lol:

WhoDey
09-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Tough one. Jordan does the work and piles up the yardage while Sammy gets the goal line touches which usually means the TDs.

Yesterday, Morris had 8 carries for 0 yards and a TD. :lol:
The Pats running game has always been a riddle wrapped in an enigma for the fantasy game. I was a very, very unhappy Maroney owner last year.

dogfish
09-15-2008, 11:27 PM
so far this year:

morris - 25 touches (6 red zone), 92 yards, 2 TDs

jordan - 13 touches (4 red zone), 68 yards, 0 TDs

i'd take morris, but realistically neither of them is good for anything beyond a one-week desperation play as an injury or bye week replacement. . . if you have to use one of them, i'd plug morris in and cross my fingers for an easy TD. . .

underrated29
09-16-2008, 11:32 AM
I drafted jordan with the last pick in one of my leagues.

I didnt know they had sammy morris at the time though. I would go with morris for now if you have too have a NE RB, but if you have an empty roster spot for long term go jordan thats what i am doing.

I fugre by week 6 or so, he could be doing pretty well. (if maroney is still hurt, and jordan gets some opportunities to shine.)

honz
09-16-2008, 12:33 PM
They are going to be like the Broncos RBs. You'll never know who is going to get the TD opportunities and you never know who will get the most touches. I'd stay away from all of them personally and snag Hightower or Sproles (in case LT's injury lingers) or Pierre Thomas.

WTE
09-20-2008, 10:08 AM
I'd take Jordan if he was healthy but he won't play this Sunday w/ a foot injury.

Take Faulk over Morris.

Denver27og
09-24-2008, 12:10 PM
pick up bush from raiders.. dont waste your time with NE backs