PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Agony and Glory of Fantasy Football" Thread

Pages : [1] 2

dogfish
09-15-2008, 06:20 PM
want to boast about how your 15th round afterthought is tearing up the league, or how your gutsy decision to play chad pennington over peyton manning paid big dividends? need to bitch about how two of your top three picks are out for the season, and the other one isn't doing shit?

this is the place. . .

and i'm going to get the ball rolling with a big **** you! to drew brees. . . i swear, this frickin' dude just kills me! he is quite obviously capable of putting up huge numbers, why the hell does he always seem to let me down? if i leave him on the bench he has a monster game-- and then as soon as i put him back in the lineup he promptly lays an egg. . .

bastage! i hate you drew brees!

:laugh:

dogfish
09-15-2008, 06:25 PM
i also want to thank ryan grant for the TWO friggin' points he gave me-- thanks a lot, jackass! good thing i played philyss rivers instead of carson "useless" palmer in that league-- 28 points instead of 3. . .

Skinny
09-15-2008, 06:32 PM
Steven Jackson is one of my agony's. And i started LJ over Forte this week and i knew and had a gut feeling i should have played Forte but did'nt.

LJ=2
Forte=11

I'm sticking with my gut next time.

On a positive note, i was able to pick up Aaron Rodgers in one league when i only had Hasselbeck at QB. Played him yesterday and he put up 31 points for me (Hasselbeck scored 4). Hooray!

dogfish
09-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Steven Jackson is one of my agony's. And i started LJ over Forte this week and i knew and had a gut feeling i should have played Forte but did'nt.

LJ=2
Forte=11

I'm sticking with my gut next time.

On a positive note, i was able to pick up Aaron Rodgers in one league when i only had Hasselbeck at QB. Played him yesterday and he put up 31 points for me (Hasselbeck scored 4). Hooray!

i've got Sjax in both of my keeper leagues. . . :tsk:

i'm not super worried just yet, though. . . i think he'll be better once he has a few games under his belt and is back to full football shape. . . that O-line is a mess, though. . .

Skinny
09-15-2008, 07:17 PM
i've got Sjax in both of my keeper leagues. . . :tsk:

i'm not super worried just yet, though. . . i think he'll be better once he has a few games under his belt and is back to full football shape. . . that O-line is a mess, though. . .Yeah, i really don't have a choice but to stick it out with Jackson, he's the only true stud i have in that league. Maroney is my other starter and he splits an awful lot of carries with Morris and Faulk. :tsk:

The same could probably be said for Brees too as far as not worrying too much. He started off really slow through his first 6 games last year than absolutely lit it up!

What can you do, you got to ride your studs.

Devilspawn
09-15-2008, 07:52 PM
In one of my leagues, I started:

QB Jay Cutler
QB Philip Rivers
RB LenDale White
RB Edgerrin James
RB Chris Johnson
WR Brandon Marshall
WR Chris Chambers
WR Anquan Boldin
WR Devin Hester
TE Kevin Boss
TE Dante Rosario
K Sebastian Janikowski
K David Akers
DEF San Diego
DEF Minnesota
D Charles Woodson
DL DeMarcus Ware

I'm up by 188 points with Akers left. But in a few leagues, Braylon "Don't call me Chris Tucker" Edwards is killing me!

claymore
09-15-2008, 07:54 PM
Losing .....
Tom Brady
Colston
LT
MJD
and wait......... Here it comes....
Moss

All on the same squad........ This is why I dont Draft Broncos!

underrated29
09-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Dog- right there with ya with brees. I still won, but had i started cutler I would have had a score of about 150-.. Thats super high for my league, usually you will win your game with about 55pts. Reason i say this is in our league 10% of the $1000+ dollars in our league goes to the guy with the highest 1 week individual score. I know i would have won that had brees not killed me or i started Jay.

Also- Derek F'ing Anderson, I was never high on him, but he was the ONLY QB available when i picked- yes jay,rothlis,phyliss, all of those players gone before my 2nd pick.

AlWilsonizKING
09-16-2008, 12:28 PM
Screw Jackson of the Eagles and his premature ejaculation of the ball before he crossed the goal line!!:mad: Might not have got me the win, but it sure didn't help my cause.

PEACE!!!

honz
09-16-2008, 12:29 PM
I passed on Westbrook for Addai. I also drafted McGahee in the 3rd round.:tsk:

However, I also passed on Tom Brady in the 1st round of a 2 QB league after I was about a split second from clicking the 'Draft' button. I ended up taking Gore.:elefant: I also found gems in Forte, Chris Johnson, and Calvin Johnson (got him in the 5th and 6th in 2 leagues). All my teams look good barring injuries and I am 8-2 after 2 weeks thanks to Cutler, Marshall, and Scheff. I am awesome.:cool:

REB
09-18-2008, 06:53 PM
Not much to bitch about at the moment for me. I'm 2-0 in all 3 of my leagues. One is a 3 keeper, another is a redraft money league, and the last one is a for the hell of it redraft. All hosted at MFL. Had high score in my money league this pass Sunday. I don't know how long this can last :D

honz
10-02-2008, 07:15 PM
I just picked up MJD of the waiver wire from the 8 spot. First of all, why would you simply drop MJD? Secondly, how the hell did he not get picked up by 1 of the 7 guys in front of me on the waiver order? I know not everyone checks out the waiver wire all the time, but 7 guys? C'mon! I'm not sure why I am complaining, though.:D

dogfish
10-02-2008, 07:55 PM
I just picked up MJD of the waiver wire from the 8 spot. First of all, why would you simply drop MJD? Secondly, how the hell did he not get picked up by 1 of the 7 guys in front of me on the waiver order? I know not everyone checks out the waiver wire all the time, but 7 guys? C'mon! I'm not sure why I am complaining, though.:D

seven idiots, you mean. . . . :lol:

REB
10-02-2008, 08:40 PM
After 4 weeks I am 4-0, 4-0, and 3-1 in my 3 leagues. Hot start! I hope I can keep it up.

Broncospsycho77
10-02-2008, 08:46 PM
I'm super glad that I started Isaac Bruce last week over L. Coles... and I still have Devin Hester and T. Jackson sitting on my bench for some reason. My team has 0 depth.

REB
10-02-2008, 09:08 PM
My 4-0 Keeper League team...

Edwards, Trent BUF QB 66.0
Schaub, Matt HOU QB 56.8
Bush, Michael OAK RB 31.8
McFadden, Darren OAK RB (R) 35.5
Sproles, Darren SDC RB 30.2
Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB 59.4
Turner, Michael ATL RB 73.4
Chambers, Chris SDC WR 43.6
Hilliard, Ike TBB WR 28.4
Johnson, Calvin DET WR 39.6
Jones, Matt JAC WR 29.3
Royal, Eddie DEN WR (R) 43.3
Scheffler, Tony DEN TE 29.4
Prater, Matt DEN PK 48.0 8
Saints, New Orleans NOS Def 42.0
Titans, Tennessee TEN Def 81.0
--------------------------------------------------------------

4-0 Redraft League...

Edwards, Trent BUF QB 65
McNabb, Donovan PHI QB 88
Addai, Joseph IND RB 33
Forte, Matt CHI RB 58
Hightower, Tim ARI RB 31
Pittman, Michael DEN RB 35
Smith, Kevin DET RB 20
Sproles, Darren SDC RB 27
Austin, Miles DAL WR 28
Harrison, Marvin IND WR 18
Jones, Matt JAC WR 29
Muhammad, Muhsin CAR WR 32
Royal, Eddie DEN WR 42
Carlson, John SEA TE 15
Lee, Donald GBP TE 7
Prater, Matt DEN PK 41
Titans, Tennessee TEN Def 76
---------------------------------------------------------------

3-1 Redraft Money League...

Cutler, Jay DEN QB 114.4
Kitna, Jon DET QB 56.8
Addai, Joseph IND RB 34.8
Hall, Andre DEN RB 13.1
Rhodes, Dominic IND RB 8.9
Smith, Kevin DET RB 21.5
Turner, Michael ATL RB 73.4
Austin, Miles DAL WR 29.2
Johnson, Calvin DET WR 39.6
Marshall, Brandon DEN WR 55.8
Moss, Santana WAS WR 62.8
Royal, Eddie DEN WR 43.3
Miller, Heath PIT TE 13.0
Carney, John NYG PK 37.0
Eagles, Philadelphia PHI Def 53.0

Skinny
10-05-2008, 12:03 PM
Agony... Anquan Boldin. :tsk:

He's on both my leagues teams and i could really use him today. I'm playing against one of the better squads in both my leagues. That and i'm forced to play 2 RBs that split carries in Rudi Johnson in one league and Deangelo Williams in the other. Oh well, the life of FF football.

dogfish
10-05-2008, 12:09 PM
Agony... Anquan Boldin. :tsk:

He's on both my leagues teams and i could really use him today. I'm playing against one of the better squads in both my leagues. That and i'm forced to play 2 RBs that split carries in Rudi Johnson in one league and Deangelo Williams in the other. Oh well, the life of FF football.

i feel your pain, man. . . one of my teams relies on boldin and plex burress at WR. . . . :tsk:

Skinny
10-05-2008, 12:17 PM
i feel your pain, man. . . one of my teams relies on boldin and plex burress at WR. . . . :tsk:Ick... Double whammy.

MOtorboat
10-05-2008, 01:17 PM
DeAngelo Williams :beer: :elefant:

MOtorboat
10-05-2008, 01:20 PM
And...DeAngelo Williams :2thumbsdown: :mad: :tsk:

MOtorboat
10-05-2008, 01:26 PM
I switched to Kyle Orton in the BroncosForum League literally at the last moment possible and it is PAYING OFF...:rockon::whoo:

claymore
10-05-2008, 01:28 PM
I switched to Kyle Orton in the BroncosForum League literally at the last moment possible and it is PAYING OFF...:rockon::whoo:

You suck. :D

MOtorboat
10-05-2008, 01:29 PM
You suck. :D

You're having a rough year in the Freak league, aren't you?

dogfish
10-05-2008, 01:41 PM
DeAngelo Williams :beer: :elefant:

oh yea! he was a guy i targeted in the later rounds of most of my drafts, and it's finally paying dividends. . . i've got him starting in four of my eight leagues this week, and i'm only facing him in one. . .

:beer:

claymore
10-05-2008, 01:47 PM
You're having a rough year in the Freak league, aren't you?
Very Rough. **On a side note**

I picked up Rivers today in my salary cap league today. My thinking was, with the luck im having this year, it would be fun to watch a FF league player do bad. :D

underrated29
10-06-2008, 11:26 AM
#$@%%@!!! F#*%@$!

Here is my weird league where its all about yards, not tds. Lineups lock at 9:00am.

schaub ( lineup locked before i found out was hospitalized)
lendale (other rbs on bye, left game hurt)
westbrook (left game hurt)
boldin (hurt, didnt play)

that left me with:
welker
calvin johnson
jake reed-whoopdie doo
chargers defense.

I got Fluggling Murdered.

My other legue 4-0 i am up by 4 pts- he has lance moore for Narlins YTP. So as long as he doesnt get a TD (not likely) i will lose both games this weekend...... I will be a sad panda.

honz
10-06-2008, 11:56 AM
This weekend was a bad week...I will go 2-3 as long as Reggie Bush can put up 6 or more points so it could have been wore, I guess. I just hope Reggie doesn't lay an egg.

honz
10-06-2008, 10:51 PM
This weekend was a bad week...I will go 2-3 as long as Reggie Bush can put up 6 or more points so it could have been wore, I guess. I just hope Reggie doesn't lay an egg.

I wish return yards counted in this league...

Bush has 6 points for me right now, but I need 1 more point for the win. He has been stuck on 29 rushing yards forever now...he had a couple of runs for negative yardage and then a measly 3 yard run. I just need 1 freaking yard, Reggie!

dogfish
10-06-2008, 11:15 PM
damn, it was the glory this week. . . .

i won in all eight of my leagues, which is nearly impossible to pull off. . . hell yea!!

:werd::woot:

honz
10-06-2008, 11:30 PM
I wish return yards counted in this league...

Bush has 6 points for me right now, but I need 1 more point for the win. He has been stuck on 29 rushing yards forever now...he had a couple of runs for negative yardage and then a measly 3 yard run. I just need 1 freaking yard, Reggie!

Go to hell, Reggie. Why the hell do you have to have fumbilitis and why could you only make big plays on punt returns? My first tie of the year in FF.

REB
10-07-2008, 11:31 AM
Did not do quite as well this week. Went 1-2. So my records are now...

5-0

4-1 and

3-2

underrated29
10-07-2008, 12:05 PM
GLORY- i pulled out the win and am still undefeated.

Agony- after all the injuries here is a list from both leagues of my players that i started this past week who are injrued or left the game injured:

westbrook
lendale
schaub
deon branch
chambers
boldin x2
anthony gonzo

Thats 8 players, when factored in with bye weeks i had 4 playing in 1 league and 6 in the other. This upcomming week hopefully should be better.

dogfish
10-13-2008, 01:45 PM
man, this blows. . . two of my teams that are surging right now just lost tony romo, probably for most of the rest of the fantasy regular season. . . .

:frusty:

Devilspawn
10-13-2008, 02:15 PM
I had Romo in one league... one of my money leagues.

honz
10-13-2008, 02:17 PM
man, this blows. . . two of my teams that are surging right now just lost tony romo, probably for most of the rest of the fantasy regular season. . . .

:frusty:
Who are your backups?

This week was pretty good for me I'm going to go 4-1 and in my lone loss I got totally annihilated which is always better than losing by 2 points or something.:D

In my 2 QB league I was about a split second away from taking Brady with my first round pick, but I took Frank Gore instead...I got stuck with Brees and Cutler as my QB's. I'd say it worked out pretty well for me!:laugh:

underrated29
10-13-2008, 02:24 PM
Id have to say GLORY this week.

I won both leagues, but the glory part is that, I was supremely laughed at when i took brees ahead of Romo in rd 2. Not only is brees killing it this year, but Romo is now out. The other good news with all this glory is the guy who has romo is in 1st in his division at 4-2. He is the best team in the other division, and if he cant pull out wins for the next 4 weeks i should play a lesser team in the Playoffs. (assuming i make it there, so far so good, knock on wood.)

MOtorboat
10-13-2008, 02:57 PM
This year f'n sucks.

dogfish
10-13-2008, 03:18 PM
I had Romo in one league... one of my money leagues.

ouch. . . that's a huge bitch!

Who are your backups?

it's hasselbeck, in both leagues. . . . :lol: :doh:

and in both of them, i now have waiver claims in for delhomme-- he's the best that's available ATM. . . .

honz
10-13-2008, 03:28 PM

and in both of them, i now have waiver claims in for delhomme-- he's the best that's available ATM. . . .

:shocked: Yeah...not the best of QB situations. Hopefully you can hang on until Romo get back.

dogfish
10-13-2008, 03:36 PM
:shocked: Yeah...not the best of QB situations. Hopefully you can hang on until Romo get back.

it's frustrating, because i'm really careful about having good backup QBs. . . it's all but impossible to have high quality backups in the deepest leagues (one of mine is sixteen teams), or in keepers, but those aside i'm always strong at the position. . .

my teams this year include favre backing up brees, rivers backing up brees, and carson palmer backing rivers (started the other way around, and now palmer's hurt too). . . i though hasselbeck would be a rock-solid backup and spot starter, but this year has been a complete disaster for him. . .

the one league where i had a chance to draft a high-quality backup and didn't was my league with brady-- he never gets hurt, right? :doh: now i look like a real loser with matt schaub and mark bulger. . . . :lol:

Broncospsycho77
10-13-2008, 05:20 PM
Glory: Donovan McNabb is still healthy (don't jinx please).

Agony: I have 4 players on bye next week.

Skinny
10-13-2008, 05:45 PM
ouch. . . that's a huge bitch!

and in both of them, i now have waiver claims in for delhomme-- he's the best that's available ATM. . . .Is Jason Campbell a waiver wire option for you?? Just a possible option that he seems to be in most leagues. Not sure now with all the QB injuries though. He has'nt been much of a high reward type of QB so far so most peeps have stayed away from him.

Though he's not lighting it up by no means, he's consistent week in and week out and has'nt thrown a INT yet with 1 fumble that the offense got back.

He's starting for me in one of my leagues and is right around the 10 point range as of right now. Not stellar for your QB, but he is consistant. I have to really be on on my RB and WR selections but i don't really have to worry to much about Campbell due to him not being much of a liability in turnovers.

He got me 9 points this week. No TDs or INTs with a little over 200 yards passing which is his average per game.

However it works out for you, good luck!

honz
10-15-2008, 01:23 PM
GLORY!

Okay, so my FA/waiver wire pickups this week include Colston, Bowe, Derek Anderson, and Fargas(In several different leagues). Anderson and Fargas I understand being available, but who the hell drops Colston and Bowe?

dogfish
10-15-2008, 01:28 PM
GLORY!

Okay, so my FA/waiver wire pickups this week include Colston, Bowe, Derek Anderson, and Fargas(In several different leagues). Anderson and Fargas I understand being available, but who the hell drops Colston and Bowe?

i had to ask myself the same question, because some IDIOT in one of my leagues also just dropped colston. . . . i mean, come on-- that is the HEIGHT of stupidity! keep him sitting on your bench for weeks when he can't go, and then lose your patience and drop him the week that he's supposed to get back in the lineup?

:lol: :rofl:

of course, i put in a waiver claim, but i've got no chance. . . i was able to grab scheffler off the wire in that same league, though, which could pay big dividends down the road. . . .

honz
10-15-2008, 01:56 PM
i had to ask myself the same question, because some IDIOT in one of my leagues also just dropped colston. . . . i mean, come on-- that is the HEIGHT of stupidity! keep him sitting on your bench for weeks when he can't go, and then lose your patience and drop him the week that he's supposed to get back in the lineup?

:lol: :rofl:

of course, i put in a waiver claim, but i've got no chance. . . i was able to grab scheffler off the wire in that same league, though, which could pay big dividends down the road. . . .
Not only am I amazed that he was dropped, but I was also working from the #7 spot on the waiver order!:eek:

I'm starting to think that I am playing against a bunch of 3rd graders.

underrated29
10-15-2008, 02:13 PM
Not only am I amazed that he was dropped, but I was also working from the #7 spot on the waiver order!:eek:

I'm starting to think that I am playing against a bunch of 3rd graders.

this is the exact reason why i only play in money leagues. No one is that stupid, and everyone is super competative.

WTE
10-21-2008, 03:49 PM
In one of my leagues I was 2-4 heading into last weekend's games. Started the year 0-4.

I was going into Monday nights game down 95 to 59. I had Randy Moss, Wes Welker and Pittman. My opponent had played out.

I needed 37 to win. I got 38.

I'm usually on the other side of those. Feels good to finally get one.

REB
10-21-2008, 09:47 PM
I went 2-1 this week

underrated29
10-22-2008, 11:08 AM
2-0 again baby. Everyone in my league wants me to lose because i am the only undefeated.

Thanks to Jay that is, and a little luck. I was up by 9 with jay, marshall and prater left to play. My opponent had sammie morris. Obviously sammie scored him 9 plus 5 more, so i was down by 5 the whole game. Until jay threw the TD pass to graham.

I won by 4.

Thats some Fing glory right there. I can already smell my first rd bye.

Skinny
10-26-2008, 02:18 PM
Having Anquan Boldin back.

underrated29
10-27-2008, 09:02 PM
balls.

I am down by 8 in the league where i am undefeated. My opponent has no one, i have anthony gonzales playing. He doesnt even have a catch. I need a td and 5o yards from him just to tie. I think i might be screwed.

***its official i got screwed. My perfect undefeated season just went down the pisser. Like dogifsh i could have won had i started jamal lewis instead of jon stewart. Ohwell- i am still up by 3 games on the next closest person.

Glory to those of us who are in first place in our leagues!

dogfish
10-28-2008, 12:27 PM
well, it was some of both this week. . . i lost in a league that i could have won because i played steven jackson but left boldin on the bench, but i also pulled out a one-point win and one by less than a point. . .

if the playoffs started this week, i'd make them in all eight of my leagues! :woot: the one i'm the happiest about is my yahoo league where i took brady with my first round pick, and started off 0-4-- that's been a steep climb, but it shows that people who throw in the towel after a few bad weeks have no spine. . .

REB
10-28-2008, 01:32 PM
Bad week for me. Went 0-3 :eek:

dogfish
11-04-2008, 02:53 AM
it was the glory again this week. . . i won in seven of my eight leagues-- tied in the last one. . .

Bronco4ever
11-04-2008, 04:24 AM
I was a little busy this past week and weekend so I couldn't change my lineups. I had LT and DeAngelo Williams starting while they had byes. I dreadfully checked how my team did and I was up by 30, and I still had Heath Miller and Washington's kicker to play tonight. I'm in a competitive league with some guys I know so it felt good to take that one down without 2 runningbacks. And the leader lost so now I'm in first place.

underrated29
11-04-2008, 12:20 PM
Agony up the ass!!

I lost in both my leagues...thats a first the whole year.

In one league i lost my qbs, schaub,anderson and orton.

And the broncos lost again. And Ronnie brown got me like 10 pts against our crappy defense.

But i am still in first place in both leagues.

Although the league where i lost all my qbs i am tied for first. So my guys really got to step it up.

dogfish
11-04-2008, 02:37 PM
yea, that's a tough week. . . :doh:

but i can't cry for you too much if you're in first in both leagues!

Devilspawn
11-28-2008, 11:44 PM
I ****** up big time in my wife's money league and it was all because I went on advice and not instinct. :mad: :mad:

I need to win this game to get to the playoffs. Tony Romo was my QB and when he went down, so did my team (I had Owens and Whitten) and ironically this was around the time the Broncos stunk on offense, as I had Eddie Royal and Brandon Marshall. I was riding a 4 game losing streak that was saved by a smart pickup of Brady Quinn the week he played Denver.

Now the agony. I picked up Kevin Boss after hearing Plax was out and that two of the Giants RBs would be out. Some idiot Giants fan told me he was golden. Jason Witten gave me around 10 points all of last month, so I sat him. Yesterday: 22 points on the bench!! :mad:

Boss needs to get 8 catches, 50-59 yards and 2 TDs to match. I won't be mad if I lose by more than 23. If I lose by 22 or less this will sting because the prize is $3000. :mad: :mad:

dogfish
11-28-2008, 11:49 PM
sorry spawn, that sucks. . .

moral of the story for future reference-- try not to load up too heavily on players from any one team, for this very reason. . . the qb gets hurt or goes in the tank, it can kill your whole team-- plus, it makes dealing with bye weeks a real bitch. . ..

Devilspawn
11-29-2008, 12:06 AM
sorry spawn, that sucks. . .

moral of the story for future reference-- try not to load up too heavily on players from any one team, for this very reason. . . the qb gets hurt or goes in the tank, it can kill your whole team-- plus, it makes dealing with bye weeks a real bitch. . ..
Funny thing the first month was gold. Eddie Royal was a free agent pickup. I was screwed with Romo because there were no good QB free agents and my backup was lol Jake Delhomme. I had good pickups the last few weeks, Hillis, Quinn, Mewelde Moore and Dustin Keller. But my original draftees were held back. LenDale White was inconsistent and those damn Chargers were turnover machines last year but not so much now.

Overall it was a good year. I'm in the playoffs in more leagues than not, but the two money leagues are win or go home this week.

honz
12-02-2008, 12:35 PM
I sat Chris Johnson for MJD...and lost by 4 points. Hahahahaha...haha...ah...ha.

underrated29
12-02-2008, 12:50 PM
i sat westbrook in place of ronnie brown and lost in that league by 1 pt. It didnt help that matt cassell got me -14 pts. either.

I started Jay against the faiders instead of drew brees a week ago, and then i started wes welker, ryan grant and winslow last week and all left with injuries- and i lost my first rd bye. So that league is a win this week or go home.

I need some Fugging Glory Dammit!

MOtorboat
12-02-2008, 01:00 PM
I destroyed Clay last week. :woot:

Thank you Baltimore Raven defense!

Six ESPN leagues, including two with fellow freaks, six playoff berths...1 and 1 on Fleaflicker with Dog's leagues, but 0-2 over at Yahoo...:tsk:

Reidman
12-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Seriously, worst year ever for fantasy football!

Tom Brady's backup has back to back games that rival any of the "stud" starters...and you didn't start him...
Fast Willie Parker is actually slow Willie Parker
B-Marsh fools everybody into thinking he will be a 10 catch, 100 yd receiver each game....gets last laugh....
Most of your team becomes an infirmary...
QB's named Matt Ryan can actually beat your team...
Your supposed top rated receiver shoots himself in the leg...moron..
Michael Turner is better than LT...

and it just keeps getting better....

MOtorboat
12-02-2008, 01:12 PM
Seriously, worst year ever for fantasy football!

Tom Brady's backup has back to back games that rival any of the "stud" starters...and you didn't start him...
Fast Willie Parker is actually slow Willie Parker
B-Marsh fools everybody into thinking he will be a 10 catch, 100 yd receiver each game....gets last laugh....
Most of your team becomes an infirmary...
QB's named Matt Ryan can actually beat your team...
Your supposed top rated receiver shoots himself in the leg...moron..
Michael Turner is better than LT...

and it just keeps getting better....

These are the reasons I thought I WOULDN'T have a good year and then did...:salute:

Reidman
12-02-2008, 01:14 PM
These are the reasons I thought I WOULDN'T have a good year and then did...:salute:

Then you would be one of those guys sitting back making fun of the people
who made fun of you when you picked those players up...

I did manage to pick up Hillis off waivers a few weeks ago and started him over
that no good POS Parker and that paid dividends for me...

dogfish
12-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Then you would be one of those guys sitting back making fun of the people
who made fun of you when you picked those players up...

I did manage to pick up Hillis off waivers a few weeks ago and started him over
that no good POS Parker and that paid dividends for me...

sorry bro, parker's a bum-- i didn't take him in any of my eight leagues. . . .

dogfish
12-02-2008, 02:33 PM
looks like i've got the playoffs locked up (officially or not) in seven of those eight leagues, including first round byes in both of the leagues that offer them. . . . in the eighth league i still have to win this week to get in, but i'm currently holding that last playoff spot-- and that's the league where i spent my first rounder on tom brady and lost the first four weeks. . . . :woot:

claymore
12-02-2008, 02:34 PM
I destroyed Clay last week. :woot:

Thank you Baltimore Raven defense!

Six ESPN leagues, including two with fellow freaks, six playoff berths...1 and 1 on Fleaflicker with Dog's leagues, but 0-2 over at Yahoo...:tsk:

I hope one of the lady dragons kicks you in the nuts this week unexpectedly. :coffee:

MOtorboat
12-02-2008, 03:52 PM
I hope one of the lady dragons kicks you in the nuts this week unexpectedly. :coffee:

Screw you too...

Retard.

Devilspawn
12-07-2008, 10:27 PM
Money league playoffs.

111-111

2 minutes left. If we tie, we go to the bench, which I'm winning.

All my QB has to do is nothing. So what does he do??? Pick-6.

Final score: 111-109

**** you Romo!

As an extra dagger, this was my wife's money league and she's a huge Cowboys fan.

I struggled with which 3 receivers to start: Marshall, Royal, T.O. & Hines Ward. I sat Royal because I also had Hillis, and I didn't want too many Broncos as I already had 3 Cowboys. Hillis getting hurt didn't help and with catches being a point, how in the hell can Hines Ward have only 1. I'm glad THIS is over but I plan on winning our league dammit.

AlWilsonizKING
12-07-2008, 11:41 PM
Sucks that each week I'm near the top 5 in points, but I always seem to be up against someone whos just a bit better in points........:rolleyes:...lost so many by just a few points.

PEACE!!!

honz
12-07-2008, 11:51 PM
Money league playoffs.

111-111

2 minutes left. If we tie, we go to the bench, which I'm winning.

All my QB has to do is nothing. So what does he do??? Pick-6.

Final score: 111-109

**** you Romo!

As an extra dagger, this was my wife's money league and she's a huge Cowboys fan.

I struggled with which 3 receivers to start: Marshall, Royal, T.O. & Hines Ward. I sat Royal because I also had Hillis, and I didn't want too many Broncos as I already had 3 Cowboys. Hillis getting hurt didn't help and with catches being a point, how in the hell can Hines Ward have only 1. I'm glad THIS is over but I plan on winning our league dammit.

That sucks. I had that happen earlier in the season...I was leading by two with only Reggie Bush playing (a night game) and he decided to fumble and tie up the score. I figured there was plenty of time left for him to pick up 2 more yards and get the one point I needed to win, but he decided to gain a grand total of 0 yards on his final 3 or 4 carries. The sucky thing is that I think it is going to cost me a playoff spot in that league if I understand how the divisions/making the playoffs works in that league.

However, I am in the playoffs in all 4 of my other leagues and I won 2 playoff matchups this week, I lead by 4 in a two week long playoff matchup, and the playoffs start next week in the other league. A good year overall and hopefully I can win a championship or two.

studbucket
12-08-2008, 11:43 PM
Round 1 of the fantasy playoffs...I leave more points on my bench than I scored with my starters. Special thanks to Jonathan Stewart, Antonio Bryant, and Kevin Walter for that one. Warrick Dunn appears to have come 1 yard short from allowing me to tie the game, and I lose 99-98 (if my calculations are correct).

MOtorboat
12-08-2008, 11:45 PM
DeAngelo Williams' garbage touchdown allowed me to defeat Clay in Boss's league. How freakin' awesome was that! :celebrate:

Reidman
12-09-2008, 03:13 AM
Awesome...once again the reason I frickin hate this game....

Coles vs the SF defense, sounds good right...??

WRONG!

Antonio Bryant, hasn't exactly wowed fantasy goers except for maybe a handfull of games, has career game tonight...sittin the pine...&#$%@!!!

Would have won the divisional game in my NFL league and tied the division, now down by two games instead...

I may take the year off next season...:frusty:

underrated29
12-09-2008, 12:57 PM
****edit***** I am an idiot.

Glory, i won and am off to conference championship game.

Agony- gore went down, not good.

Northman
12-09-2008, 02:19 PM
Agony.

Last year i lost by 15 points in the championship game. This year i bow out in the first round to none other than Tned in my league. I beat him twice in the regular season but as the story goes, this is the one that counts. Congrats to him and curse the football gods for me. :(

dogfish
12-09-2008, 03:54 PM
i made the playoffs in all eight of my leagues. . . .

:werd:

studbucket
12-11-2008, 02:45 PM
Round 1 of the fantasy playoffs...I leave more points on my bench than I scored with my starters. Special thanks to Jonathan Stewart, Antonio Bryant, and Kevin Walter for that one. Warrick Dunn appears to have come 1 yard short from allowing me to tie the game, and I lose 99-98 (if my calculations are correct).

They took away a Giants sack, so I won 98-97!

LOL, woo!

dogfish
12-11-2008, 03:31 PM
They took away a Giants sack, so I won 98-97!

LOL, woo!

hah! both sides of the coin in one post. . . . :laugh:

gnomeflinger
10-18-2010, 09:29 AM
Bump!

honz
10-18-2010, 12:35 PM
Wow, old thread.

Sparkie
10-18-2010, 05:53 PM
Wow, old thread.
Old thread, yes - but glory & agony are ALWAYS topical during FF season ... :D
... this week i think i'm about to experience both :eek:

gnomeflinger
10-18-2010, 06:48 PM
I didn't even know this thread existed until dogfish told me about it. I'll be a frequent flyer of this thread this season. :lol:

gnomeflinger
10-18-2010, 10:58 PM
Un-freakin-real. Last place for the week. This will drop me to 2nd or 3rd place.

CURSE YOU FF GODS!!!!

(insert special "salute" here)

dogfish
10-18-2010, 11:00 PM
This will drop me to 2nd or 3rd place.

CURSE YOU FF GODS!!!!

can you feel my deep, heartfelt and abiding sympathy?

:coffee::coffee::coffee:

Jaws
10-19-2010, 12:20 AM
Un-freakin-real. Last place for the week. This will drop me to 2nd or 3rd place.

CURSE YOU FF GODS!!!!

(insert special "salute" here)

I think you'll still be top seeing as both Manc and I lost too and you still have a greater points total despite this week's dip.
Spawn is creeping up too and will overtake me.

Elsewhere- in my other league, where I've had my worst start ever by a mile, I lose this week's game by 0.31 points! 0-6!

gnomeflinger
10-19-2010, 12:24 AM
can you feel my deep, heartfelt and abiding sympathy?

:coffee::coffee::coffee:

You really ought to consider reducing your coffee consumption. All that caffeine is bad for your blood pressure.

:pepsi:

gnomeflinger
10-19-2010, 12:27 AM
I think you'll still be top seeing as both Manc and I lost too and you still have a greater points total despite this week's dip.
Spawn is creeping up too and will overtake me.

Elsewhere- in my other league, where I've had my worst start ever by a mile, I lose this week's game by 0.31 points! 0-6!

I hope so! (I'm just a little competitive :lol:).

You are awesome Ms. Sharkie.

Jaws
10-19-2010, 12:31 AM
I hope so! (I'm just a little competitive :lol:).

You are awesome Ms. Sharkie.

Personallly, I shall be having Marcedes Lewis in a sandwich with ketchup for my breakfast. 4 more pts were all I needed for the measly win and world domination at the top of the table with 5 wins! ;)

Sparkie
10-23-2010, 04:38 PM
First off, the glory. ;) Week 6 PantherGloryAwards go to Pierre Garcon and to the Titans TM! :beer: :beer:
... and to Michael_Fabiano for tweeting that Mr Garcon was ACTIVE 1 hr before IND@WAS game..
..and to Sharkie for picking up on that tweet, thus effecting a quick MNF lineup change.. :madgrin:

And now, the agony. Ookaaaay ...Fleaflicker projects my Panthers to the top of the table pre-game for Week 7... :eek:

Don't trust the 'Flicker's projscores, after the mean way they beat up Gnomey & girler last week! :tsk: :shocked:
Think I'm in for a beating & the benched players are gonna be in the pointage ..but that's football.. :rolleyes: :laugh:

gnomeflinger
10-24-2010, 05:48 PM
Glory - I got this game. Sorry Manchester, your ass is mine. :D

Agony - McFadden. I didn't play him out of principle, but dammit! 50 freaking points??? Who does that??

Sparkie
10-31-2010, 04:23 PM
Oh the agony... :doh:

Note to self: NEVER ever ever EVER bench Woodhead, Tolbert, Larry Fitz and Wes Welker on the basis of "lowyardage" and "whattheFFpunditssay" and "familiarity/midseason breedscontempt". Especially when 3 of those players get TDs during the 1st half of their respective games. And especially when they get those benched TDs while my team is playing the leagueleader and when I should have made sure all possible pointscorers were on active roster!! :yield:

However ... a glimpse of glory in defeat (ie, DEN@SF in LDN) .... ;)

Brandon Lloyd .. on my FF team .. 27.9 pts
Frank Gore .. Gnomey's team .. 19.5 pts

:madgrin:

gnomeflinger
10-31-2010, 06:14 PM
Oh the agony... :doh:

Note to self: NEVER ever ever EVER bench Woodhead, Tolbert, Larry Fitz and Wes Welker on the basis of "lowyardage" and "whattheFFpunditssay" and "familiarity/midseason breedscontempt". Especially when 3 of those players get TDs during the 1st half of their respective games. And especially when they get those benched TDs while my team is playing the leagueleader and when I should have made sure all possible pointscorers were on active roster!! :yield:

However ... a glimpse of glory in defeat (ie, DEN@SF in LDN) .... ;)

Brandon Lloyd .. on my FF team .. 27.9 pts
Frank Gore .. Gnomey's team .. 19.5 pts

Brandon Lloyd had a very good day, in spite of the loss. The Broncos should have won that game.

Sparkie
10-31-2010, 06:40 PM
Brandon Lloyd had a very good day, in spite of the loss. The Broncos should have won that game.

*nods* :sad: can't bear to watch the highlights of that game.. not tonight anyway.

and now, back in FFland, there's over 50pts sitting on my team's bench! :Cry: Larry Fitz now has 2TDs!! what WAS i thinking this week in benching those three?? :confused: :tsk:

*concedes defeat .. unless Rashard Mendenhall comes up with a 50pointer in tonight's game* :madgrin:

gnomeflinger
10-31-2010, 08:15 PM
*nods* :sad: can't bear to watch the highlights of that game.. not tonight anyway.

and now, back in FFland, there's over 50pts sitting on my team's bench! :Cry: Larry Fitz now has 2TDs!! what WAS i thinking this week in benching those three?? :confused: :tsk:

*concedes defeat .. unless Rashard Mendenhall comes up with a 50pointer in tonight's game* :madgrin:

Don't concede yet. Mendenhall can still break out. I have Shockey in tonight, who is definitely less threatening than Mendenhall. Tomorrow I do have Peyton, and he is coming off a bye. The fresh break will either help or hurt.

Last week I had McFadden on the bench mainly from principle. :tsk: That'll learn me to play FF on principle.

Broncolingus
11-01-2010, 10:26 PM
I've got Manning, Johnson, and Vinatieri all playing tonight...

...and I'm just watching the points add up, and up, and up.

Glorious!

girler
11-01-2010, 11:07 PM
I'm in agony. :vollkommenauf: :crutch: :yield:

honz
11-01-2010, 11:36 PM
I'm in agony. :vollkommenauf: :crutch: :yield:

Just wanted to let you know that I am stalking you tonight. :hi:

gnomeflinger
11-08-2010, 08:52 PM
There was nothing I could have done to win this week's game. I'm afraid that with Sharkie's win, I'll get kicked out of first place. :pout:

Jaws
11-09-2010, 07:21 AM
There was nothing I could have done to win this week's game. I'm afraid that with Sharkie's win, I'll get kicked out of first place. :pout:

Have you been top right since the beginning Gnomey?
Can't remember if I managed to grab 1st for one week earlier in the season or not.
Need to put Spawn away next week, he's creeping up on us with a big points tally too.

gnomeflinger
11-09-2010, 03:48 PM
Have you been top right since the beginning Gnomey?
Can't remember if I managed to grab 1st for one week earlier in the season or not.
Need to put Spawn away next week, he's creeping up on us with a big points tally too.

:ahhhhh: I dropped to third. THIRD?? :faint:

Sharkie, you have got to dismember Spawn next week. A few chomps here and there aren't going to do it this time.

Jaws
11-09-2010, 04:13 PM
:ahhhhh: I dropped to third. THIRD?? :faint:

Sharkie, you have got to dismember Spawn next week. A few chomps here and there aren't going to do it this time.

Dismembering?
Methinks you have sharkish tendencies too! :lol:

Revenge will be sweet. He's beat me once this season. Can't let it happen again.

Softskull
11-09-2010, 04:45 PM
I noticed in our league that Dogfish has the highest point totals overall, but he's in seventh place. Bummer.

dogfish
11-09-2010, 05:19 PM
I noticed in our league that Dogfish has the highest point totals overall, but he's in seventh place. Bummer.

indeed-- that league is frickin' killing me. . .

:fear:

gnomeflinger
11-09-2010, 05:28 PM
I got out-physicalled by sanluis.

Sparkie
11-16-2010, 08:58 PM
I got out-physicalled by sanluis.

Me too!

Serves me right for benching Keiland Williams! :madgrin:

BroncoWave
11-17-2010, 03:22 PM
In my money league, I have set up my roster pretty well for the playoffs.

QB: Vick
RB: C. Johnson/Bradshaw/Blount/Goodson/D. Brown
WR: Lloyd/Colston/M. Thomas/Edwards/Mike Williams (SEA)
TE: V. Davis
K: Bryant
DEF: New Orleans/Philly

Vick really saved my ass this week. He'll carry me to a championship if he keeps playing like that.

Sparkie
11-17-2010, 03:28 PM
It's Sillybowl this weekend. Purple Sharks @ Pippi's Panthers. Things could get very, very messy. :uh: :madgrin:

Jaws
11-17-2010, 03:40 PM
Comic carnage Sparkie!

Sparkie
11-17-2010, 06:06 PM
Comic carnage Sparkie!

Or tragic trashing? :D

The agony of the situation is that I don't know which QB to play against yer Vick - choice of Eli (who's playing Philly anyway) or Sanchez (up against Houston) - and I'm undecided whether Mike Tolbert or Larry Fitz should get the starting spot on my roster.. or whether I should play both and bench somebody like Wes Welker. Argh.. the agony of perfecting one's roster when the players don't play as predicted! :rolleyes:

gnomeflinger
11-17-2010, 06:15 PM
Or tragic trashing? :D

The agony of the situation is that I don't know which QB to play against yer Vick - choice of Eli (who's playing Philly anyway) or Sanchez (up against Houston) - and I'm undecided whether Mike Tolbert or Larry Fitz should get the starting spot on my roster.. or whether I should play both and bench somebody like Wes Welker. Argh.. the agony of perfecting one's roster when the players don't play as predicted! :rolleyes:

This is what I have to decide too.

Jaws
11-17-2010, 06:19 PM
I don't decide anything.
Usually I have half a dozen players injured.
I just play the ones who have two healthy legs and arms.
Easy!

And if they don't perform up to standard, I just bite a limb off!

Jaws
11-17-2010, 06:20 PM
P.S - what you ladies need to do is trade your surplus players to me and then you won't have any agonies! ;)

I'll take Antonio Gates off you Gnomey and Mendenhall from you Sparkie. That should make for a few less decisions :lol:

gnomeflinger
11-17-2010, 06:26 PM
P.S - what you ladies need to do is trade your surplus players to me and then you won't have any agonies! ;)

I'll take Antonio Gates off you Gnomey and Mendenhall from you Sparkie. That should make for a few less decisions :lol:

Says she who is in first place.

Sparkie
11-17-2010, 06:26 PM

Cheeky shark!! :eviltongue:

That said, the trading deadline is coming up soon ... :lol:

gnomeflinger
11-17-2010, 06:29 PM
Nice Sharkie. Um, that is a big, resounding NO for Mr. Gates.

Jaws
11-17-2010, 06:34 PM
Says she who is in first place.

A precarious place to be with the pack chasing.
We meet week 13 again.
Trading deadline is week 12.
Your last chance to exchange Gates for Shiancoe to give me an ass whooping that week! ;)

Cheeky shark!! :eviltongue:

That said, the trading deadline is coming up soon ... :lol:

Indeed it is. Better get that Mendenhall for Goodson trade done soon!

Jaws
11-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Nice Sharkie. Um, that is a big, resounding NO for Mr. Gates.

That's a shame. I was hoping to chew him up bad before he faces the Broncos.
Mind you - he's injured isn't he. Will he be fit for MNF?

Sparkie
11-17-2010, 06:37 PM
Indeed it is. Better get that Mendenhall for Goodson trade done soon!
or not. :laugh: :croc: :tongue:

Jaws
11-17-2010, 06:40 PM
or not. :laugh: :croc: :tongue:

Goodson's better anyway.

Had double Mendenhall's points last week :lol::flypig:

Sparkie
11-17-2010, 06:42 PM
Goodson's better anyway.

Had double Mendenhall's points last week :lol::flypig:
...for one week only. :tongue:

Jaws
11-17-2010, 06:44 PM
...for one week only. :tongue:

You're right.
It will be treble for the rest of the season!

Sparkie
11-17-2010, 06:47 PM
You're right.
It will be treble for the rest of the season!

:tsk: :laugh:
Does this still count as agony/glory? or does smack come under both categories? ;)

Jaws
11-17-2010, 06:50 PM
:tsk: :laugh:
Does this still count as agony/glory? or does smack come under both categories? ;)

Hmm, good question.

I will agonise over it while contemplating glory in Sillybowl.

Good luck!

gnomeflinger
11-17-2010, 06:50 PM
That's a shame. I was hoping to chew him up bad before he faces the Broncos.
Mind you - he's injured isn't he. Will he be fit for MNF?

He's in recovery. He's my #1 TE. He says he's 50/50 for the game on Monday. The last player that I recall saying that after an injury was Darren McFadden. That was the week he scored 50+ FF points (and I benched him :tsk:) Not making that mistake again.

Jaws
11-17-2010, 06:52 PM
He's in recovery. He's my #1 TE. He says he's 50/50 for the game on Monday. The last player that I recall saying that after an injury was Darren McFadden. That was the week he scored 50+ FF points (and I benched him :tsk:) Not making that mistake again.

It's tough when you have a questionable player involved in Monday night game.
I had the same problem last week with Torain, which is why I picked up Goodson. Lucky that I did, seeing as Torain tweaked his hammy in warmups.

Buff
11-17-2010, 06:57 PM
Mike Vick put up the most fantasy points for a QB in fantasy football history on Monday night... And I happened to be playing against him in two separate leagues, going into the night with 30+ point leads in both. That's like the ultimate fantasy FML night.

Jaws
11-17-2010, 07:04 PM
Mike Vick put up the most fantasy points for a QB in fantasy football history on Monday night... And I happened to be playing against him in two separate leagues, going into the night with 30+ point leads in both. That's like the ultimate fantasy FML night.

That sucks.
I happened to be on the other side of that scenario, overturning a 40pt deficit on Devilspawn.

My worst agony of this season is in my other league where I'm dead last. This week was only my 2nd win.
I thought I had that win last week- but it was overturned late on Wednesday due to a stat correction.

honz
11-18-2010, 01:58 AM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_s36XsIujFj8/S9x8u2U761I/AAAAAAAAAOo/HHLJ_PT9XGM/s1600/simpsons_nelson_haha2.png

dogfish
11-18-2010, 02:06 AM

had him in two leagues-- played against him in none. . .

:elefant:

Devilspawn
11-18-2010, 12:34 PM
That sucks.
I happened to be on the other side of that scenario, overturning a 40pt deficit on Devilspawn.

My worst agony of this season is in my other league where I'm dead last. This week was only my 2nd win.
I thought I had that win last week- but it was overturned late on Wednesday due to a stat correction.
Oh hush up. :tsk: What was funny is that I was rooting for Vick, you know him becoming a Raider next year and all, and didn't even see you had him until this morning. Lovely. :mad:

I'll see you in the Champyeeonship. Bank on it. :elefant:

dogfish
11-18-2010, 01:09 PM
spawn, you may have had some hope of him going to the raiders as a reclamation project, but it's not happening now. . . whether via contract or franchise tag, he's not going anywhere. . .

i just wish i'd been smart enough to grab him in both of my keeper leagues. . .

Devilspawn
11-18-2010, 01:18 PM
spawn, you may have had some hope of him going to the raiders as a reclamation project, but it's not happening now. . . whether via contract or franchise tag, he's not going anywhere. . .

i just wish i'd been smart enough to grab him in both of my keeper leagues. . .
But wait... it's the Kevin Kolb Era in Philly, isn't it? :lol:

dogfish
11-18-2010, 01:21 PM
But wait... it's the Kevin Kolb Era in Philly, isn't it? :lol:

only if the delorean also goes forward in time. . . .

:lol:

Sparkie
11-26-2010, 08:00 AM
Their D rack up 32 glorious FF points for Gnomey. :salute:
Their QB comes up with just 6.92 points for Pippi. :Cry:
What's up with them Jets?? :confused: (too much turkey? :party:)

gnomeflinger
11-27-2010, 08:30 PM
Their D rack up 32 glorious FF points for Gnomey. :salute:
Their QB comes up with just 6.92 points for Pippi. :Cry:
What's up with them Jets?? :confused: (too much turkey? :party:)

:lol: I am thinking so.

gnomeflinger
11-30-2010, 09:35 PM
:ahhhhh: Frank Gore! :Cry:

Sparkie
12-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Why oh why oh why did i leave Sidney Rice on the bench this week!?? :tsk:

gnomeflinger
12-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Why do my players suck this week? :banghead:

Jaws
12-05-2010, 06:18 PM
Why do my players suck this week? :banghead:

You're closing the gap ;)

gnomeflinger
12-05-2010, 06:29 PM
You're closing the gap ;)

You mock my pain. :Cry:

Jaws
12-05-2010, 06:36 PM
You mock my pain. :Cry:

No worries.
They're just saving themselves for the playoffs!
Mine will probably have peaked too early. I don't like my playoff matchups much at all. I would much rather have had week 13 in week 16.

Sparkie
12-06-2010, 10:24 PM
Agony: one of those weeks when the players went on a go-slow low-score.. :ballchain:

Glory: i got a red E! go me!! :bounce: Only one week left of the agony! ;)

Jaws
12-07-2010, 03:38 AM
Agony: one of those weeks when the players went on a go-slow low-score.. :ballchain:

Glory: i got a red E! go me!! :bounce: Only one week left of the agony! ;)

E for the ejector seat. Sorry- forgot to warn you. I did however attach a parachute to your back discreetly last week, so you should be landing soon- in warmer climates hopefully! :lol:

dogfish
12-14-2010, 12:51 AM
this has been my most trying fantasy season to date. . . out of seven leagues, i don't think i've ever been in first place in any of them-- maybe in randy's freak league for a week or two early. . . two of my teams (league of legends and the official forum league) completely tanked, and at one point i didn't know if any of the seven would even make the playoffs. . .

it's finally turned around a little, though. . . i won all three of my playoff games this weekend (including knocking off a #1 seed from the #8 seed), and won games in the other two leagues to secure playoff spots. . .

Northman
12-14-2010, 12:52 AM
Well, ive been runing my league now going on its 4th year. I won it all last year and although i had picked last this year in the draft i had the best record going into the playoffs with a 10-3 record only to have Orton **** me over and i lose in the opening round. I call shenanigans.

dogfish
12-14-2010, 03:57 AM
Well, ive been runing my league now going on its 4th year. I won it all last year and although i had picked last this year in the draft i had the best record going into the playoffs with a 10-3 record only to have Orton **** me over and i lose in the opening round. I call shenanigans.

don't call him, bro-- mcnabb and portis are all broke down, they can't do shit for you. . . although haynesworth is probably available real cheap if your fantasy team needs an underachieving lineman. . .

atwater27
12-14-2010, 06:31 AM
this has been my most trying fantasy season to date. . . out of seven leagues, i don't think i've ever been in first place in any of them-- maybe in randy's freak league for a week or two early. . . two of my teams (league of legends and the official forum league) completely tanked, and at one point i didn't know if any of the seven would even make the playoffs. . .

it's finally turned around a little, though. . . i won all three of my playoff games this weekend (including knocking off a #1 seed from the #8 seed), and won games in the other two leagues to secure playoff spots. . .

Dude. Try managing one team. It's more fulfilling and you can focus on it. And when you watch the games you don't lose track of who needs to do good and who you need to not do good.

atwater27
12-14-2010, 06:35 AM

That blows.... I have Orton and Rivers, but now I know for sure who not to start. My playoffs start this week. I got Moreno though, he has been solid for me as of late. I got hackeem nicks, my biggest fear with his leg injury was that he would not come back at 100%, but he scored good on my bench this week, so I seem to be set with Calvin Johnson, Roddy White and him.

Jaws
12-14-2010, 08:35 AM

Didn't you win like almost all your leagues last year?

dogfish
12-14-2010, 12:04 PM
Didn't you win like almost all your leagues last year?

nah. . . only one or two last year. . .

dogfish
12-14-2010, 12:07 PM
Dude. Try managing one team. It's more fulfilling and you can focus on it. And when you watch the games you don't lose track of who needs to do good and who you need to not do good.

you must be joking. . . i gotta have five or six teams. . . having one isn't more fulfilling in any way, and i can focus on six or seven just fine. . . come on, they're not children-- they don't require a ton of attention. . .

and i don't need to track that shit in my head from minute to minute-- that's what the internet is for. . .

hell, i run three different leagues. . .

Buff
12-14-2010, 12:15 PM
Missed out on my regular season championship by one point last night... Looked like I had it locked up until the Ravens defense decided to let Schaub put up like 20 points in the last 10 minutes.

I just needed Baltimore to make a stop at any point in the 4th qtr... Even after Baltimore choked all night, the guy would have lost by one point if Baltimore stopped Houston from getting their 2 point conversion... But no, the world is against me, the guy squeaks out a 97-97 tie and finishes with one more win than me (even though I have the most points in the league).

I knew the fantasy gods hated me when I ended up playing Mike Vick in both of my leagues earlier this year on the night where he set a record for most fantasy points.

Tned
12-14-2010, 12:24 PM

Well, you didn't mention that you won it last year because you KICKED me out! :lol:

In my five leagues, I made it to the playoffs in all five (2 started playoffs this past weekend, the other three start this week).

My seeding in the five leagues are: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6

I won my game as the 4 seed handily, and tied the game as the 6th seed. Not sure how, but Missy (North's Missy) and I tied at 300 points a piece, and some how I advanced, even though she had beat me in our only head to head meeting in the season, which I figured would be the tie breaker.

I was only dominant in one league, but have been in the playoff hunt most of the year in the others.

BroncoWave
12-14-2010, 12:44 PM
I'm in the semifinals in my cash league and I have a TOUGH matchup. It could honestly go either way.

My team:

QB: Vick
WR: Coltson/Lloyd/Mike Thomas (might go Mike Williams (SEA) if healthy)
RB: Chris Johnson/Bradshaw/Blount
TE: V. Davis
K: Bryant
DEF: Philly or New Orleans

His team:

QB: Kitna
WR: Woodhead/Branch/Bennett
RB: Mendenhall/Rice/Jones-Drew
TE: Tamme
K: Carpenter
DEF: Seattle

His RBs are absolutely disgusting and the way our league scores, RBs who get alot of carries pile up huge points (point per carry). I'm installed as a 3 point favorite, but I will be somewhat surprised if I win.

atwater27
12-14-2010, 12:51 PM
you must be joking. . . i gotta have five or six teams. . . having one isn't more fulfilling in any way, and i can focus on six or seven just fine. . . come on, they're not children-- they don't require a ton of attention. . .

and i don't need to track that shit in my head from minute to minute-- that's what the internet is for. . .

hell, i run three different leagues. . .

Any of them for money? Mine's for wining $300. I guess that's why I only do one league.

dogfish
12-14-2010, 12:55 PM
Any of them for money? Mine's for wining $300. I guess that's why I only do one league.

unfortunately only one of them is for money-- my team in that league is looking pretty good, although i have a tough matchup against the top seed this week. . .

Buff
12-14-2010, 12:55 PM

I do two money leagues, and then 3-4 extra ESPN leagues that I don't really care about and use as draft warm-ups for my real leagues...

Any more than two and it starts to get too convoluted I think.

underrated29
12-14-2010, 01:25 PM
I need EVERYONE TO SEND OUT THE HEALING PRAYING VIBES FOR AARON RODGERS!!!!

I have Aaron as my QB in my biggest money league. Had a first round bye last week, but this week is it. My back up QB is Orton--(so I am screwed if Aaron does not heal from his concussion and play)

Please people I need this money. Send out the healing vibes to him.

THis is the team I am playing against-not as strong as mine so I have a good shot. But I need Rodgers!

eli manning vs PHI
Fred Jax vs MIA
Chester taylor VS MIN
Miles Austin vs Was
crabtree vs SD
garcon vs JAX
Shockey vs Bal
akers vs NYG
Steelers d vs NYJ

girler
12-14-2010, 03:11 PM
I need EVERYONE TO SEND OUT THE HEALING PRAYING VIBES FOR AARON RODGERS!!!!

I have Aaron as my QB in my biggest money league. Had a first round bye last week, but this week is it. My back up QB is Orton--(so I am screwed if Aaron does not heal from his concussion and play)

Please people I need this money. Send out the healing vibes to him.

THis is the team I am playing against-not as strong as mine so I have a good shot. But I need Rodgers!

eli manning vs PHI
Fred Jax vs MIA
Chester taylor VS MIN
Miles Austin vs Was
crabtree vs SD
garcon vs JAX
Shockey vs Bal
akers vs NYG
Steelers d vs NYJ

:pray: Dear Fantasy Football gods, we pray to you today for Aaron Rodgers and U29. As you know, not only is it Football Season, it is December, which makes it the Christmas Season; not to mention Hanukkah, Ramadan, Winter Solstice, Kwanzaa, Boxing Day, Tiger Woods' birthday, and Chocolate Covered Anything Day, among other many other celebrations. Oh FF gods, we ask you, in U29's behalf, to bless Aaron Rodgers! Heal him, oh gods! U29 REALLY needs the money for these special times. Aaron probably wouldn't mind feeling better himself either. We all know, oh FF gods, that you have stricken the Denver Broncos with pestilence (AMEN!) with famine (oh yes!) and the most porous offensive line the Broncos have ever seen (please have mercy!)! U29 cannot fight you, FF gods, on this. We lowly Bronco fans can see that Orton is stricken down, and will not pay off for any Fantasy team the rest of this year (no sir!). So, we pray for mercy on U29 (amen!). Heal Aaron Rodgers! (oh yes!) And Bless Underrated29 with an abundance of money so he may spread the wealth with us, his fellow fans!!! In John Elway's name, amen. :pray:

(I hope this is not offensive to anyone, it was all meant in good fun!)

gnomeflinger
12-14-2010, 04:47 PM
Good news: playoffs :woot:
Bad news: having to play DevilSpawn. :faint:

dogfish
12-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Good news: playoffs :woot:
Bad news: having to play DevilSpawn. :faint:

i just stomped him in another league's playoffs this week-- he's not so tough. . . ;)

Tned
12-18-2010, 06:01 PM
:lol: It just struck me...

In the league where I am the number one seed, my two QBs are Rodgers and Orton (backup).
In the league where I am the number two seed, my two QBs are Rodgers and Mcnabb (backup).

Talk about working 14 weeks for nothing. :lol:

Jaws
12-18-2010, 06:04 PM
:lol: It just struck me...

In the league where I am the number one seed, my two QBs are Rodgers and Orton (backup).
In the league where I am the number two seed, my two QBs are Rodgers and Mcnabb (backup).

Talk about working 14 weeks for nothing. :lol:

That makes me feel better about Greg Jennings being devalued this week.

Who you going to pick up?

Tned
12-18-2010, 06:10 PM
That makes me feel better about Greg Jennings being devalued this week.

Who you going to pick up?

I'm taking the WTF plunge in the Rodgers/Orton league and will start Tebow or Orton, who ever gets the start.

In the other, I picked up Josh Freeman.

Ravage!!!
12-18-2010, 06:33 PM
I just needed 150 yrds and a td, last week, and I'd have won first round in the playoffs. Nope... I get .-08 points from my QB. Just needed 20 measly points....ugh.

Skinny
12-18-2010, 07:18 PM
**** Aaron Rodgers. :laugh:

One and done in the playoffs in one league thanks to him.

BroncoWave
12-20-2010, 03:43 PM
Made it to the finals in my cash league. The one seed got knocked out in the other semifinal so I should be the favorite for the championship. I must once again thank Michael Vick for my win. He has absolutely carried my team this season.

underrated29
12-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Yup, its not official yet, but I am winning 115 to 64. I am all in and my opponent only has chester taylor. I am MONEY baby!!

However, my next matchup for the superbowl is much tougher. Here is his lineup.

Flacco vs cle
Run DMC vs indy
Turner vs NO
Boldin vs cle
Megatron
(he will start only 1 of these guystoo- santana, s johnson of buffalo, james jones)
Tamme as his TE
garret hartley as K
Eagles D

I beat him once this year, but its the superbowl now...If i win I take home somewhere around 3 grand, then another 500 for best record-11-2-1 and another 200 for highest points scored in period and year....So regardless if I win I will get about 1 grand...But If I win the whole thing I get about 4 grand!!!!!

gnomeflinger
12-20-2010, 06:29 PM
I am behind by 30 something, but if the Bears perform exceptionally well, and Greg Olsen gets the ball often, I could pull out a win.

gnomeflinger
12-21-2010, 12:11 AM
ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?????

I lost by two and half points. Championship hopes, all gone.

:banghead:

Devilspawn
12-21-2010, 12:52 AM
ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?????

I lost by two and half points. Championship hopes, all gone.

:banghead:

:elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

After each turnover I was saying the same thing.

BroncoWave
12-28-2010, 11:33 PM
I won the championship in my money league! It was close for a while but Vick pulled it out for me tonight. Micheal Vick was my savior this season. I started 4-4, lost Romo for the season, and pulled out 8 wins in a row to close the season with Vick in my lineup. And I'm now 160 bucks richer!

underrated29
12-28-2010, 11:36 PM
Yeah baby. Superbowl Champ in my big money league!!!!

Here is my Roster-to boast about- went 14-1-1 throughout the season

Rodgers/Tebow
Mccoy,Pierre T, Lynch, Ricky Will
Jennings, Wayne, Wallace, Vjax, Mason
Heath M, Owen D
Steve Gostowski, David Buehler
Chargers D, Skins D

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!:beer::beer:

Sparkie
08-02-2011, 06:25 PM
:bump2:

Alright!! the lockout's over, so let the agony etc of FF begin all over again..

Signed up for 3 leagues in 2011.
2 of 'em are IDP leagues. :scared:
Waaaaay to go in your sophomore year of FF, Sparkie!!

FanInAZ
08-02-2011, 07:38 PM
:bump2:

Alright!! the lockout's over, so let the agony etc of FF begin all over again..

Signed up for 3 leagues in 2011.
2 of 'em are IDP leagues. :scared:
Waaaaay to go in your sophomore year of FF, Sparkie!!

The thing that should scare you about those two leagues is that they not only have unconventional scoring systems, but they are polar opposites. Mine penalizes heavily for turnovers & missed kicks. Not only does Northman's league (which was the other league I played in last year) not penalize for either, but his also gives you big bonuses for players reaching certain yardage plateaus. It made it very difficult for me assess players because a fantasy stud in his league was a bums in mine. Best example that I can come up with off the top of my head, Tony Romo (before he got injured).

I finished 6th out of 8 teams in my league (that's all I was able to get to sign up last year) and 9th out of 10 teams in Northmans. Tned on the other hand, made it to the championship game in my league & qualified as the 6th seed in the other league's play-offs. The 3rd member of both leagues, whose name I won't mention in order to avoid embarrassing him, had a combined record of 1-26 between the 2 leagues. Actually, he gave up early in the season so his starting roster had a lot of players on byes, out with injuries or had been demoted by their real world teams.

So we can draw 3 bottom line conclusions from this:
1) Tned is a better FF manager than I am, but I’m not the worst.
2) You’re in for quite a challenge being in 2 leagues that are polar opposites in their score systems.
3) You can succeed in both; but you better good.

underrated29
08-12-2011, 04:46 PM
in my 3 money leagues I ended up with picks

I never pick this early and the two times that I have had early picks I have not made the playoffs.

So what do you guys think at #3, 4, and 4?

at 3 it will be AD, CJ, foster (who scares me shitless)

4- I can go with Charles, Rice, Vick (nuh uh),mendenall

I was leaning towards rice, but ricky williams i think will steal all the tds at goaline. Charles I like but i dont know.

gnomeflinger
09-08-2011, 05:04 PM
I am not getting good vibes about this first week.

dogfish
09-08-2011, 06:09 PM
I am not getting good vibes about this first week.

shouldn't have drafted peyton manning in all your leagues. . . . :listen:

gnomeflinger
09-08-2011, 06:15 PM
shouldn't have drafted peyton manning in all your leagues. . . . :listen:

:lol: I don't have Peyton this year. My starter is Drew Brees. It's not the QB I'm concerned with, it's Arian Foster's hamstring.

dogfish
09-08-2011, 06:21 PM
:lol: I don't have Peyton this year. My starter is Drew Brees. It's not the QB I'm concerned with, it's Arian Foster's hamstring.

beware the anti-awesomeness. . . .

(and get ben tate if you don't have him already!)

MOtorboat
09-08-2011, 08:01 PM
I knew I should have started Jordy Nelson!

Sparkie
09-08-2011, 08:18 PM
I should have started Robert Meachem. :tsk: And I could have activated Donald Driver in Fleaflicker.

On a brighter note.. I *did* start Greg Jennings. :D

Northman
09-08-2011, 08:24 PM
Both the wife and i are facing each other first. She has Rodgers, Matthews, and Grant. I have Driver, Jennings, and Woodson but because of Rodgers she is smoking me right now. lol

Sparkie
09-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Both the wife and i are facing each other first. She has Rodgers, Matthews, and Grant. I have Driver, Jennings, and Woodson but because of Rodgers she is smoking me right now. lol

Just noticed that Sharkie is smokin' the LoonyLeague East at the moment because Rodgers is her QB. :madgrin:

Jaws
09-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Tsk - I'm up against Brees in half of my leagues.

He's already put up 31.68 points againt me in one league and a whopping and 127.40 in another! :eek:

Jaws
09-11-2011, 11:33 AM
Nice start to the season - my top pick in dynasty league is inactive!

I shall be having Hammy sandwiches with an Arian flavour washed down with a pint of Foster(s) to drown my sorrows.

gnomeflinger
09-11-2011, 12:23 PM
I give up this week.

Sparkie
09-11-2011, 05:28 PM
I give up this week.

:hug:

Have some Pippi (with added sunbeam)..

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=124&pictureid=1191

Northman
09-12-2011, 09:16 PM
I am so glad i took Brady this year. However, Missy is not so pleased. lol
I have yet to have McGahee play yet and im trouncing her now.

FanInAZ
09-13-2011, 02:45 AM
Here's a comment that I just left on my FF league's bullitin board for my oppenent this week. Note: He drafted Peyton Manning & David Garrard. Pick up Rex Grossman in FA on Thurday & cleared a last minute trade for Donovan McNabb on Sunday.

Nighthawk,

Lost on a week in which you had the 3rd highest score because you had the misfortune of being matched up against the team that had the 2nd highest score. Even if you hadn’t canceled your trade with me for Kolb (11.46 points), opting instead to trade with someone else for McNabb (1.76 points), you still would have lost by 2.42 points.

I defiantly know how you feel losing a game that you actually did such a good job in. I lost 3 games in the 1st 7 weeks of the 2009 season when I had the 2nd or 3rd highest scores for those weeks. I 3-4, highest overall point total for the season & was sitting on the outside of the playoffs race. So I defiantly feel your pain, NOW GET OVER IT! :D

Sparkie
09-16-2011, 09:55 AM
Memo to self: do NOT attempt lineup additions and cuts on FleaFlicker at silly o'clock in the middle of the night when suffering from lack of sleep and other distractions.. you might end up cutting your 4th-round WR. "Who's Dwayne Bowe??!" :tsk: :eek: :behindsofa: :redface:

Jaws
09-22-2011, 03:55 PM
Cedric BUMson to be suspended for three games.
That's all I need.
Not that he's much good anyway, but I'm short at RB already with Arian Foster banged up.
Looks like I'll be depending on Tolbert, a rookie or two & Dexter McCluster to get me through the next few weeks. Go Bolts & Chiefs running games! :sick:

On the positive side, my starting WR's rock!

dogfish
09-22-2011, 05:02 PM
Cedric BUMson to be suspended for three games.
That's all I need.
Not that he's much good anyway, but I'm short at RB already with Arian Foster banged up.
Looks like I'll be depending on Tolbert, a rookie or two & Dexter McCluster to get me through the next few weeks. Go Bolts & Chiefs running games! :sick:

On the positive side, my starting WR's rock!

tolbert is a pretty strong play-- the rest of that is ugly. . .

Jaws
09-22-2011, 05:57 PM
tolbert is a pretty strong play-- the rest of that is ugly. . .

Apparently Tolbert didn't practice today either.

Looks like I'll have BUMson this Sunday at least.

Oh, I forgot to mention Ryan Grant - then again - he is forgettable!

gnomeflinger
09-22-2011, 06:20 PM
My team is crippled. This is going to be a tough year.

dogfish
09-22-2011, 11:37 PM
Apparently Tolbert didn't practice today either.

Looks like I'll have BUMson this Sunday at least.

Oh, I forgot to mention Ryan Grant - then again - he is forgettable!

yea, starks is the back to have in green bay this year. . .

Jaws
10-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Last week's glory - top scorer in three leagues.

Agony - lost in the 4th - to hoptard!
I wanted that Shark bowl ;)

Jaws
10-09-2011, 05:51 PM
George Wilson for Yeremiah Bell - 11 tackles and an INT

Bleedin Buccs - minus six points - and the game ain't over yet!

Sparkie
10-23-2011, 12:44 PM
Playing without a QB tonight in FaninAZ's NFL.com league!

It's Tom Brady's week off and I forgot to stock up on a spare QB! :tsk:

In a 16-team league a quality last-minute backup QB was impossible to find... so Brady is spending his bye week in my active roster!! :rolleyes:

Looking "forward" to my L this week... :shots: :behindsofa:

Jaws
10-23-2011, 01:10 PM
I'm not having a lot of RB luck tonight.
Ryan Mathews who I have playing in two leagues is off with a thumb injury, questionable to return.
Earnest Graham who I picked up for this week goes off with an ankle injury.
I start Ryan Torain in one league, leave Hightower on the bench in another and old Shananigans goes and does it again.

In good news - Arian Foster!

gnomeflinger
10-23-2011, 03:25 PM
I'm not having a lot of RB luck tonight.
Ryan Mathews who I have playing in two leagues is off with a thumb injury, questionable to return.
Earnest Graham who I picked up for this week goes off with an ankle injury.
I start Ryan Torain in one league, leave Hightower on the bench in another and old Shananigans goes and does it again.

In good news - Arian Foster!

Yes, great news for Arian. 50 points for me! :snoopydance:

FanInAZ
10-23-2011, 05:09 PM
Playing without a QB tonight in FaninAZ's NFL.com league!

It's Tom Brady's week off and I forgot to stock up on a spare QB! :tsk:

In a 16-team league a quality last-minute backup QB was impossible to find... so Brady is spending his bye week in my active roster!! :rolleyes:

Looking "forward" to my L this week... :shots: :behindsofa:

I went to great (some might say excessive) lengths to prevent that same situation. My #1 QB, Mick Vick, is on bye. My #2, Tarvaris Jackson, was doubtful, but would start if he could get healthy. His backup, Charlie Whitehurst, would probably start, but I had no real confidence in him. The two QBs available in FA that I wanted, Christian Ponder & John Beck, I figured would be highly sought after. With me being 10th on the waiver, I didn't like my chance getting either of them.

To make sure I got someone that I could play, I put in FA request for Whitehurst, Ponder & Beck. If all would have went through, I would have had 5 QBs on my roster. When Whitehurst & Ponder came through, I decided that Ponder would be my guy this week. I dumped both Jackson & Whitehurst because both additions were acts of desperation that I really didn't want to do, and am glad I did so.

FanInAZ
10-23-2011, 05:21 PM
As soon as I post that I'm glad I pick up Christian Ponder, the bumb throws a pick :tsk:

FanInAZ
10-23-2011, 05:40 PM
And he throws another pick putting him in the negative :tsk:

Sparkie
10-23-2011, 06:40 PM
Good forward-thinking, FanInAZ. :beer: I forgot about waivers!! :doh:

And he throws another pick putting him in the negative :tsk:

I feel your pain. I added Matt Cassel to replace bye-week Brady in Loonyleague.. he's in minus points too! :drinking:

Devilspawn
10-23-2011, 06:42 PM
Well at least I started the Chiefs in both my money leagues. I wasn't born last night lol!

Sparkie
10-23-2011, 06:44 PM

Pippi concedes already. With much fur and grace. She says she can't see even Ray Rice overtaking you this week..

:salute: :beer:

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=124&pictureid=1219

gnomeflinger
10-23-2011, 07:33 PM
Thanks but I wouldn't concede yet. You're less than 20 points behind and my people could stink it up. Pippi better shake off the sleepiness and get in there. :)

FanInAZ
10-23-2011, 09:39 PM
Thanks but I wouldn't concede yet. You're less than 20 points behind and my people could stink it up. Pippi better shake off the sleepiness and get in there. :)

You are wise to realize this. I wouldn't count on anyone, including Ray Rice, having a 2-3 TD game, but I wouldn't assume he couldn't. Rice is the kind of RB that that will get his occasional 3 TD game if the game plan gives him the opportunities to do so. Jacksonville has the kind of defense that a lot of RBs could get their occasional 3 TD game against if the opposing O’s game plan gives the RB the opportunities to do so.

FanInAZ
10-23-2011, 09:51 PM

I got ambushed by Arian Foster week 1 of last year. I had Matt Schaub, who had done me good in 2 prior seasons that I had him, I so I had every reason to believe that he would put up solid numbers every week I played him. Unfortunately for me, the Texans were planning the Colts with their notoriously bad run D. Foster ran the 33 time. That's right, 33 times! RBs are not supposed to get that many carries in the modern passer friendly NFL. Schaub had just 9 completions on only 17 attempts! That kind of game planning was supposed to have gone out with the 70s.

Jaws
10-24-2011, 04:16 AM
Pippi concedes already. With much fur and grace. She says she can't see even Ray Rice overtaking you this week..

:salute: :beer:

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=124&pictureid=1219

That Pippi may be fluffy and cute on the outside, but she's a fantasy tiger inside. Looks like she's on course for a comeback!

Skinny
10-25-2011, 09:09 AM
Agony: Losing to Tned for umpteenth time in a couple of leagues were in together. I think I'm 0 for 6 against him so far. That's really getting old...

Glory: Stayed undefeated to go 7-0 in a CBSsports league i'm in winning by 1 point 90-89. Really fortunate considering I had Gore, McCoy, Welker, and Gronkowski on byes.

Thnikkaman
10-25-2011, 09:36 AM
Agony: Down by 9 with one starter left in the Jags Baltimore game. My starter is the Jags leading reciever...but he only gets me 6 points since the Jags Offense is inept.

Softskull
10-25-2011, 11:21 AM
Agony: Losing to Tned for umpteenth time in a couple of leagues were in together. I think I'm 0 for 6 against him so far. That's really getting old...

Glory: Stayed undefeated to go 7-0 in a CBSsports league i'm in winning by 1 point 90-89. Really fortunate considering I had Gore, McCoy, Welker, and Gronkowski on byes.

Tned and Cam are my personal hell weeks. Both always have solid teams that are well coached. Sparkie and Sharkie are waiver wire masters. They seem to get stronger as the season goes on.

Sparkie
10-25-2011, 01:06 PM

*sends beer to Gnomey* :beer:

Pippi woke up from her kitchen-chair nap late on Sunday night to watch the 2nd half of the IND@NO game with me..

That Pippi may be fluffy and cute on the outside, but she's a fantasy tiger inside. Looks like she's on course for a comeback!

The fantasy cat UNconcedes! that is, she concedes she won after all this week ..and that it wasn't Ray Rice's win to take!

Thankyou, Darren Sproles and Josh Scobee ... :salute:

Thanks also (ouch) to a Indy meltdown at the Saints! :eek:

Okay, so the Colts are Peytonless and suffering this season - but I REALLY didn't anticipate them being THAT bad!

Thnikkaman
10-25-2011, 01:14 PM
Oh, I also thank Tim Tebow for 26 points this week. :D

Sparkie
10-25-2011, 04:42 PM
Sparkie and Sharkie are waiver wire masters. They seem to get stronger as the season goes on.

Thanks for the praise, Skull .. :beer: ..but not sure I'm deserving of it - I haven't picked up any waivers yet! i've got 2nd pick in Loony West though..

Softskull
10-25-2011, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the praise, Skull .. :beer: ..but not sure I'm deserving of it - I haven't picked up any waivers yet! i've got 2nd pick in Loony West though..

Sorry Sparkie, we didn't end up in any leagues together this year. Shrewd Sharkie keeps grabing the best free agent pickups before me. Grrrr.

Jaws
10-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Sorry Sparkie, we didn't end up in any leagues together this year. Shrewd Sharkie keeps grabing the best free agent pickups before me. Grrrr.

I like to horde and put away some tasty prey in my freezer for lean times! :madgrin:

Sparkie
10-25-2011, 05:10 PM
I like to horde and put away some tasty prey in my freezer for lean times! ;)

Typical shark! :tongue:

Sparkie
10-25-2011, 05:31 PM
Sorry Sparkie, we didn't end up in any leagues together this year.

Of course - I'm in Loony EAST this year, not West as I typed previously.. :typo: Pay attention, Sparkie!! :rolleyes:

FanInAZ
10-25-2011, 05:55 PM
I'm 3-4 after winning this weekend. I'm 1 game back of 2 teams for my division, but I already lost to one of them which makes me 2 back of him. I'm also 2 games back for the 2nd wildcard spot. The remainder of my schedule looks like this:

Fo Flat Ballas (Skinny): 2-5
Corn Midgets (MO): 4-3
Tned's Brawlers (Tned): 7-0
RED RAGE (Non Board Member, the team currently sitting in the 2nd wildcard spot) 5-2
Raiders4Life (Non Board Member, ranked dead last in our league): 1-6
MHC (MHC, the other team that I trail in my division): 4-3

Last 4 out of 5 are brutal, but I think I've finally got the players to win at least 4 of my last 6. Hopefully, that will be enough to get me my 1st FF play-off spot ever.

MileHighCrew
10-25-2011, 06:04 PM
I'm 3-4 after winning this weekend. I'm 1 game back of 2 teams for my division, but I already lost to one of them which makes me 2 back of him. I'm also 2 games back for the 2nd wildcard spot. The remainder of my schedule looks like this:

Fo Flat Ballas (Skinny): 2-5
Corn Midgets (MO): 4-3
Tned's Brawlers (Tned): 7-0
RED RAGE (Non Board Member, the team currently sitting in the 2nd wildcard spot) 5-2
Raiders4Life (Non Board Member, ranked dead last in our league): 1-6
MHC (MHC, the other team that I trail in my division): 4-3

Last 4 out of 5 are brutal, but I think I've finally got the players to win at least 4 of my last 6. Hopefully, that will be enough to get me my 1st FF play-off spot ever.

are you counting that game against me as a win? You might but know I wont quit and I wont have any non active players in there. 4 of 6 would be a good run with that lineup

FanInAZ
10-25-2011, 06:13 PM
are you counting that game against me as a win? You might but know I wont quit and I wont have any non active players in there. 4 of 6 would be a good run with that lineup

Let's up it this way, I see my best chance of making the play-offs are for things to work out so our season finally is for the division title. If I don't beat you, then I don't make the play-offs. Sorry buddy, but it's either you or me.

:nod: That say, its about time for someone to hang a big L on Tned. :nod:

MileHighCrew
10-25-2011, 06:20 PM
Let's up it this way, I see my best chance of making the play-offs are for things to work out so our season finally is for the division title. If I don't beat you, then I don't make the play-offs. Sorry buddy, but it's either you or me.

:nod: That say, its about time for someone to hang a big L on Tned. :nod:

Like sam jackson said in Jackie Brown, It is a simple case of you or me, and it sure as hell will be me... :)
Honestly I agree it would be fun for division. I had a 3 game skid that was hard but I am back on track now. But by all means I hope someone takes Tned down

FanInAZ
10-25-2011, 06:26 PM
Like sam jackson said in Jackie Brown, It is a simple case of you or me, and it sure as hell will be me... :)
Honestly I agree it would be fun for division. I had a 3 game skid that was hard but I am back on track now. But by all means I hope someone takes Tned down

I just snapped losing 4 out of 5, all 4 losses were against teams that are leading their respective divisions (including the team that's tied with Tned at 7-0).

MileHighCrew
10-25-2011, 06:29 PM
I just snapped losing 4 out of 5, all 4 losses were against teams that are leading their respective divisions (including the team that's tied with Tned at 7-0).

that is a tough run, hope it turns around for you except against me:salute:

FanInAZ
10-25-2011, 06:36 PM
I just check Tned's schedule, and he plays the same round robin of divisional leaders that I just got done with over the next 5 weeks. I'm the only opponent that he’ll be playing that isn't a divisional leader.

Sparkie
10-30-2011, 07:41 PM
Umm. The Pandas had a monster week in Loony East this week.

But WHY oh WHY did the monster in Pippi's team have to be the Lions D thrashing our Broncos??? :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

:sorry:

Thnikkaman
11-07-2011, 10:55 AM
So if Vick gets me about 9 points tonight, I'll go 3-0 this week. And thanks to Tned, it looks like I will be #1 in our bracket of the Tiered league this week.

Softskull
11-07-2011, 12:05 PM
I got spanked in 3 of 4 leagues this week. To quote Phillip Rivers

"Worst week ever" :shocked:

dogfish
11-07-2011, 03:22 PM
So if Vick gets me about 9 points tonight, I'll go 3-0 this week. And thanks to Tned, it looks like I will be #1 in our bracket of the Tiered league this week.

i'm on the other end of that league. . .

i'm actually embarrassed about that team-- i can't believe how bad it is. . . i've been playing FF for at least five or six years, with five to seven teams per year, and i seriously don't think i've ever had a team this bad. . . roddy white's been a let-down, hillis is a FF bust, legarrette blount has sucked, mike williams has sucked, malcolm floyd's been hurt, now jahvid best is hurt. . . i literally think jason witten is the only good pick i made on that team. . . :frusty:

Thnikkaman
11-07-2011, 03:30 PM
i'm on the other end of that league. . .

i'm actually embarrassed about that team-- i can't believe how bad it is. . . i've been playing FF for at least five or six years, with five to seven teams per year, and i seriously don't think i've ever had a team this bad. . . roddy white's been a let-down, hillis is a FF bust, legarrette blount has sucked, mike williams has sucked, malcolm floyd's been hurt, now jahvid best is hurt. . . i literally think jason witten is the only good pick i made on that team. . . :frusty:

I recall getting laughed at for drafting Cam in that draft. I thought he would be a nifty back-up to whoever I drafted (Eli or Vick, can't remember). I picked up Carson Palmer when the Raiders traded for him on a whim thinking he would get me by on Cam's bye week. He got me 30 points yesterday. I've just been lucky in my transactions since I think I may only have 50% of the players I drafted.

FanInAZ
11-07-2011, 08:32 PM
If Mike Wallace hadn't stolen that last Steeler TD by stepped in front of Antonio Brown, MO & I would be just about tied going into tonight’s game. It's possible for Vick, Jackson & Celek to generate enough FF points to make up the difference; but it's going to be a lot tougher of an order against Chicago. MO also still has Maclin & Briggs to get him some more points. This one is too close to call.

Thnikkaman
11-08-2011, 12:03 AM
I needed 9 points from Vick, got 8. Should have started Tebow.

FanInAZ
11-08-2011, 12:06 AM
I needed Vick & Jackson to not turn the lousy ball over. Their 2 turnovers were the difference in my game. Had they not done that, then MO would be saying that Rivers' 3 picks were the difference in our game.

dogfish
11-08-2011, 12:12 AM
man, i took a beating this week. . .

:tsk:

Jaws
11-08-2011, 04:08 AM
man, i took a beating this week. . .

:tsk:

Happy to oblige with one of those beatings ;)

I needed that win very much!

gnomeflinger
11-13-2011, 10:07 PM
Thank you honz for Marshawn. :salute:

SR
11-13-2011, 10:09 PM
I didn't play Chicago's defense today, but despite that it looks like I'll win my first game in the Broncos Forums league this week.

FanInAZ
11-14-2011, 08:27 PM
:D All I need to beat Tned is for Mason Crosby to kick 15 FGs tonight for Green Bay :D I probably wouldn't have need him to do that much if DeSean Jackson hadn't sleep through the Eagles Saturday team meeting :tsk: Nevertheless, the biggest reason that I'm going to lose this week is because Romo lit up Buffalo while Vick laid on egg against Arizona :tsk:

FanInAZ
11-14-2011, 08:48 PM
:D All I need to beat Tned is for Mason Crosby to kick 15 FGs tonight for Green Bay :D I probably wouldn't have need him to do that much if DeSean Jackson hadn't sleep through the Eagles Saturday team meeting :tsk: Nevertheless, the biggest reason that I'm going to lose this week is because Romo lit up Buffalo while Vick laid on egg against Arizona :tsk:

:D OK, if he's going to be scoring XPs all night, then I'll need about 45 of them. :D

dogfish
09-24-2012, 04:34 AM
i play in three keeper leagues. . .

i drafted RGIII in two of them. . .

:D :cool: :werd:

gnomeflinger
09-30-2012, 08:54 PM
This was from Week 3, in MHC's Keeper League, but it still makes me laugh. "QB that i used to know" is Mr. Gnome.

The Week 3 Hunger Foul goes to QB that i used to know for leaving 48.8 points on the bench and losing to Sao Paulo Broncos. You're not you when you're hungry. Eat a Snickers and stop committing hunger fouls.

Mr. Gnome
10-01-2012, 12:54 AM
WOW, not a good week for me, destroyed in both leagues:tsk:
OH, and thanks for sharing that "award" gnomey.....I know where you live:throwrock:

MOtorboat
10-01-2012, 11:24 PM
I just beat Dog by a little over one point in the dynasty league, thanks to Lance Briggs.