PDA

View Full Version : John Fox - New HC (Merged)

Pages : [1] 2

Denver Native (Carol)
01-13-2011, 03:50 PM
# He is a dynamic and proven leader who will energize our entire organization. less than 5 seconds ago via web

# Coach Fox is a great fit for us not only with his coaching ability but also with his personality. less than a minute ago via web

# I am excited to announce that John Fox has agreed to terms to become the 14th head coach in Denver Broncos history. 2 minutes ago via web

http://twitter.com/johnelway

chazoe60
01-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Per Elway's twitter.

Ziggy
01-13-2011, 03:51 PM
Per Elway's twitter.

Day1BroncoFan
Per Elway's twitter.

No linky or quote?

BigSarge87
Seriously?

BroncoStud
:shots:

I Eat Staples
Meh...not surprised but not happy. I hope he proves me wrong and still has something left in the tank.

I like Fox, very good coach, but it's hard for me to imagine him having success after so long without any time off. Again, hope I'm wrong.

Zweems56
01-13-2011, 03:52 PM
And there it is. Not a great year for HC candidates, but I think that we got the best we could hope for.

Day1BroncoFan
No linky or quote?

chazoe60
Beat me to it.

BroncoStud
Elway... You disappoint me.

BigDaddyBronco
01-13-2011, 03:53 PM
I hope this works out.

Day1BroncoFan
# He is a dynamic and proven leader who will energize our entire organization. less than 5 seconds ago via web

# Coach Fox is a great fit for us not only with his coaching ability but also with his personality. less than a minute ago via web

# I am excited to announce that John Fox has agreed to terms to become the 14th head coach in Denver Broncos history. 2 minutes ago via web

http://twitter.com/johnelway

Three threads. :D

One linky and quote.

BigSarge87
FFS. I was hoping Dennison got it.

slim
01-13-2011, 03:54 PM
Not surprised at all. I figured he would get the job.

My only worry is he will completely retard Tebow's growth.

Ziggy
01-13-2011, 03:54 PM
They definitely went with the most qualified guy and the safest pick. At least we know that the defense will be adressed.

BroncoStud
01-13-2011, 03:55 PM
Well I hope all you Fox supporters are happy, the defense will improve and the offense will regress. GREAT. Run, run, pass, punt. Run, run, pass, punt. Remember that pattern.

This blows.

BigDaddyBronco
01-13-2011, 03:55 PM
They definitely went with the most qualified guy and the safest pick. At least we know that the defense will be adressed.
I guess we switch back to a 4-3?

slim
01-13-2011, 03:56 PM
Well I hope all you Fox supporters are happy, the defense will improve and the offense will regress. GREAT. Run, run, pass, punt. Run, run, pass, punt. Remember that pattern.

This blows.

As long as we are competitive, nobody will care.

BroncoStud
01-13-2011, 03:56 PM
As long as we are competitive, nobody will care.

We were "competitive" with Mike Shanahan.

Buff
01-13-2011, 03:57 PM
Well, of all the candidates we brought in he was obviously the most qualified... Given that Xanders and Elway are both rookies in the front office, it's probably good that we got a guy who isn't going to have to learn on the job.

I'd be a lot more comfortable if Fox had a year off to gain a little perspective after the 2-14 year, but the timing wasn't right for that.

Now I'll be curious to see if he retains McCoy on offense and whether he keeps the 3-4 intact, something he said he's open to:

Fox said he wouldn't have a problem if the Broncos want to stick with the 3-4 defensive scheme they've employed since 2009 even though he mostly used a 4-3 look in Carolina.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jNOfCZZHy1iM2rln_tQ5PF-lJ-tg?docId=a805cd4af2db46e09259c82a6dc51b7c

If we transition to the 4-3 Bowers is a great centerpiece. If we stay with the 3-4 then Fairley is our guy.

cardoso
Im happy!!! It's about damn time we fix our defense eh???? Hopefully fox will bring in a good OC that can get the most out of Tebow and the offense!

Dzone
Oh man. I dont know what I think about this. Underwhelmed. Thats for sure. Very underwhelming choice

Northman
Considering what was out there im comfortable with this hire. Lets hope he was just being held back in Carolina and can get it done. GO BRONCOS!

underrated29
01-13-2011, 03:58 PM
oh shit. . . .

I havent yet had time to train too.

:dead:

slim
We were "competitive" with Mike Shanahan.

And there are still plenty of people that wish he was still here (not me).

Meh, they picked the guy they wanted.

Here's to a playoff run in the next couple of years :beer:

BroncoStud
Im happy!!! It's about damn time we fix our defense eh???? Hopefully fox will bring in a good OC that can get the most out of Tebow and the offense!

YAY! Because Fox's offenses are so GOOD! We'll talk again midseason when you are so sick of the offense you want to vomit.

Dzone
01-13-2011, 03:59 PM
Can someone explain hiring a guy who just went 2-14?

Mike
Let's see what a change in scenery will do. Skeptically optimistic. McD made me skeptical of any coaching hire, though.

slim

I hope you think Mike McCoy is a good OC.

rcsodak

I actually see them possibly keeping McCoy....and maybe even ben mcd. Knomo should be happy as hell! Very interested in the defense, tho. Fox is a 43D guy.....

silkamilkamonico
I guess we switch back to a 4-3?

****. I never thought of that.

Great. A guy that just got done failing miserably. The offense that Denver was once known for, is now probably not. And a switch back to the 4-3. And a Qb that I'm not particularily impressed with.

I don't think there's been a time when I've been less excited about this organization.

Oh well....just win....I guess.

Day1BroncoFan
01-13-2011, 04:00 PM
I won't be happy with this until and unless we start winning again... soon. :nod:

Northman
01-13-2011, 04:01 PM
YAY! Because Fox's offenses are so GOOD! We'll talk again midseason when you are so sick of the offense you want to vomit.

I have no idea what will happen but come on dude. At least give the guy a chance to see what he can do here before blasting him. Some of you guys are just priceless.

slim
01-13-2011, 04:02 PM
I actually see them possibly keeping McCoy....and maybe even ben mcd. Knomo should be happy as hell! Very interested in the defense, tho. Fox is a 43D guy.....

You say this like it's a good thing.

shank
bring in dennison as assist HC/OC

rcsodak

This blows.is that what got the panthers to the SB in his early years?
Funny how some people are never happy/satisfied. :coffee:

BroncoStud
01-13-2011, 04:03 PM
WTF couldn't we just throw $4 million at Bob Stoops? This is just another setback for this franchise.

Fox is a MEDIOCRE 1-dimensional Head Coach. He hasn't even had time to reflect on what went wrong in Carolina...

His "blueprint" will get you to .500 football. :confused:

slim
bring in dennison as assist HC/OC

Considering some of the comments he made this week, he may be looking for a new job.

OldschoolFreak
Retread.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-13-2011, 04:04 PM
On Thursday, John Fox agreed to terms to become the 14th head coach in Denver Broncos history.

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- With an eye on bouncing back after a 4-12 season in 2010, the Broncos have turned to a coach with a track record of doing exactly that.

On Thursday, John Fox agreed to terms to become the 14th head coach in Denver Broncos history.

"I am very thankful to (Owner and CEO) Pat Bowlen and (Executive Vice President of Football Operations) John Elway for giving me the opportunity to coach a football team with such a proud tradition," Fox said. "The Broncos have a culture of winning, and I am excited to continue that legacy.

"I can't wait to get to work, pushing our players to be the best they can be and representing this community as head coach of the Denver Broncos."

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Fox-Takes-the-Reins/b6952341-7bf3-4c0a-9ff7-855588e9c380

Mike
So, right out the gate, little chance the new coach will bring Broncos fans together? Oh well, business as usual in whackville. :lol:

Day1BroncoFan
At least now we know who the HC is so he can be blasted by all who no likey him.

BroncoStud
01-13-2011, 04:05 PM
is that what got the panthers to the SB in his early years?
Funny how some people are never happy/satisfied. :coffee:

He's BEEN to 1 Super Bowl, nowhere near it since. I would have been tolerant of Dennison, but this is just a bad hire, sorry. He's coming off a 2-14 season and was let go by the Panthers.

Just a cheap, bad, lazy hire by the Broncos.

SOCALORADO.
01-13-2011, 04:05 PM
I have no problem with this hiring.
But i am sure i will.

slim
01-13-2011, 04:07 PM
So, right out the gate, little chance the new coach will bring Broncos fans together? Oh well, business as usual in whackville. :lol:

I only see one or two people bitching.

So far, much better than the last time we hired a coach. :listen:

Day1BroncoFan
How heavy is Fox?

EMB6903
My only concern with Fox is that he will bring back McCoy.

Dzone
Dennison must have really sucked in his interview. Wonder what the hell made them pick Fox. If they were looking for the most boring pick, well, they found him. Just sitting here shaking my head that we have a coach who just finished 2-14 and we are all supposed to be jumping for joy.:shocked:...well, go Broncos

Northman
01-13-2011, 04:08 PM

Ill never undstand it personally.

When we tried to go the young OC direction it didnt work and some people didnt want to give him a chance at the beginning. Now, we get an experienced guy and people still arent happy. Again, considering what was out there this actually makes sense. Right now this organization needs stability after the trainwreck that McD left. The trust of the Bronco fanbase and players needs to be re-established and Fox has been through the ringer. Sure, he's not a sexy pick but damn if i wont give the guy a chance before raking him over the coals.

BroncoStud
01-13-2011, 04:09 PM
Lancane is going to flip out. He may be dangling from a shower-rod as we type.

slim
My only concern with Fox is that he will bring back McCoy.

I think this is a foregone conclusion.

Dzone
How heavy is Fox?

I dont know, but I dont think he is as fat as Wade Phillips.

hotcarl
this guy sucks, i see lots of high draft picks in our future

also get used to hearing this: booooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Mike
01-13-2011, 04:11 PM
Dennison must have really sucked in his interview. Wonder what the hell made them pick Fox. If they were looking for the most boring pick, well, they found him. Just sitting here shaking my head that we have a coach who just finished 2-14 and we are all supposed to be jumping for joy.:shocked:...well, go Broncos

I think it had to have come down to experience. We just witnessed the disaster that was the result of a green FO with a green coach. I am not crazy about Fox, but will give him some time. What else can we do? :lol:

BroncoStud
01-13-2011, 04:11 PM
:rolleyes:
Ill never undstand it personally.

When we tried to go the young OC direction it didnt work and some people didnt want to give him a chance at the beginning. Now, we get an experienced guy and people still arent happy. Again, considering what was out there this actually makes sense. Right now this organization needs stability after the trainwreck that McD left. The trust of the Bronco fanbase and players needs to be re-established and Fox has been through the ringer. Sure, he's not a sexy pick but damn if i wont give the guy a chance before raking him over the coals.

No, that is just wrong. We didn't hire a young offensive COACH, we hired a young inexperienced GM. If Josh the GM didn't screw over Josh the COACH, Josh the COACH would still be here.

We have a GM, we have Elway, now was the time to get an innovative and creative coach to bring the Broncos back to relevance. Not a mediocre retread who ignores the passing game.

The NFL has become a passing league, we just took a HUGE step back on offense, not to mention it looks like we might now keep Mike McCoy.

DenBronx
01-13-2011, 04:14 PM
now we need to find a good OC.

anyhow, i like fox and think he will do good here in denver.

Kenny
01-13-2011, 04:16 PM
If this really means he's going to keep McCoy around, then this is terrible news.

I'm willing to withhold judgment until I see what he does (coaching hires, drafting, training camp)... But, he needs to excel.

BroncoStud
01-13-2011, 04:17 PM
McCoy worked for him in Carolina. McCoy is currently on staff... 2+2 doesn't = 5.

Northman
01-13-2011, 04:18 PM

No, that is just wrong. We didn't hire a young offensive COACH, we hired a young inexperienced GM. If Josh the GM didn't screw over Josh the COACH, Josh the COACH would still be here.

We have a GM, we have Elway, now was the time to get an innovative and creative coach to bring the Broncos back to relevance. Not a mediocre retread who ignores the passing game.

The NFL has become a passing league, we just took a HUGE step back on offense, not to mention it looks like we might now keep Mike McCoy.

You dont know that he ignored it man, seriously. We have no idea what went on in Carolina in terms of what to allow Fox in terms of personnel. As for the Josh the HC, he wasnt all that great either so regardless of how he screwed the pooch as GM as a HC he wasnt nearly that creative. Running game and the lack of didnt have anything to do with his GM duties. Quite being such a drama queen man and lets see what the guy can do.

slim
01-13-2011, 04:20 PM
McCoy worked for him in Carolina. McCoy is currently on staff... 2+2 doesn't = 5.

They are only fooling themselves...may be some sort of defense mechanism.

You guys are gonna have to face this fact sooner or later. May as well deal with it now.

Northman
I'm willing to withhold judgment until I see what he does (coaching hires, drafting, training camp)... But, he needs to excel.

As would ANY hire that Denver made. I dont care who it was, in the end its just about winning and if Fox can bring that back than awesome. Just have to wait and see.

getlynched47
http://fantastiksports.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/john-fox.jpg?w=298&h=332

73-71 record as a head coach

3 playoff appearances in 9 years

In 2010, Panthers ranked 18th in total defense

2009: 8th in total defense

2008: 18th in total defense

2007: 16th in total defense

2006: 7th in total defense

2005: 3rd in total defense

2004: 20th in total defense

2003: 8th in total defense

Meh. At least his defenses don't finish in the 20's often. I overreacted a little.

But still, his head coaching record is not excellent.

chazoe60
Does this up the chances we draft Bowers now. I've heard him compared to Peppers a lot

West
01-13-2011, 04:21 PM
Well, of all the candidates we brought in he was obviously the most qualified... Given that Xanders and Elway are both rookies in the front office, it's probably good that we got a guy who isn't going to have to learn on the job.

I'd be a lot more comfortable if Fox had a year off to gain a little perspective after the 2-14 year, but the timing wasn't right for that.

Now I'll be curious to see if he retains McCoy on offense and whether he keeps the 3-4 intact, something he said he's open to:

If we transition to the 4-3 Bowers is a great centerpiece. If we stay with the 3-4 then Fairley is our guy.

Wrong. Fairley is better suited for the 4-3. He can either play the 3-tech or 2-I.

I like the hire, personally. The personel on defense will finally be playing where they should. DJ can go back to either the Sam or the Will in the 4-3. Doom can go back to the weak side rush end and Ayers can finally stop embarrassingly covering people and play Strong Side End.

Good hire.

dogfish
01-13-2011, 04:22 PM
weeeell, at least that's done. . .

as those of you who are no doubt tired of hearing me bitch about it will know, i am greatly relieved that we got it done without dragging it out another week or more. . . now we'll at least have a shot to interview some quality assistants. . .

i'm going to be watching that process very eagerly-- who's going to run the defense? who's gonna get tabbed to coach up tebow? what position coaches will we get to develop the incoming talent?

with an experienced vet at the helm, i am now completely on board with getting dennison as assistant HC/offense and O-line coach. . . particularly if we do retain mccoy. . . i'd like to see them put together a hybrid scheme of the E-P that mccoy's familiar with, and some of the old denver-variant WCO, specifically the zone runs that our OL seems best suited for, and some of the one-read bootleg and play-action stuff that i think would suit tebow so well. . .

and please, call up rob ryan, greg manusky or eric mangina. . . let's get a real 3-4 DC in here! hell, offer ryan a promotion to assistant HC/defense, and let him see if he can develop his boy wink for a year or two, and give his own credentials a bump by fixing this trainwreck. . . it's worth a call. . .

i hope they get started immediately. . .

tebow = unretardable

as long as they keep clay away from him. . .

Mike
01-13-2011, 04:22 PM
Did McD run the offense? How much input was McCoy allowed to give? I thought McEgo ran the show, so maybe we haven't seen what McCoy brings to the table? :noidea:

BroncoStud
01-13-2011, 04:23 PM
You dont know that he ignored it man, seriously. We have no idea what went on in Carolina in terms of what to allow Fox in terms of personnel. As for the Josh the HC, he wasnt all that great either so regardless of how he screwed the pooch as GM as a HC he wasnt nearly that creative. Running game and the lack of didnt have anything to do with his GM duties. Quite being such a drama queen man and lets see what the guy can do.

Drama Queen lol... Yep, run, run, pass, punt is going to make for EPIC football...

The man went 2-14, slept-walked through the season, so Elway rewards him with a job...? The blueprint Fox speaks so highly of equates to .500 football. We should have kept Mike Shanahan if that is what we are striving for.

The Broncos were cheap and amateur with this coaching search. How many other franchise do you hear about actually having coordinators who should be ESTATIC to have an opportunity to interview for a Head Coaching gig in the NFL withdraw their names from consideration? I've never seen it happen on this scale.

This franchise is in a bad, bad way right now. Next we get to see Elway hire out a drafting firm to help him make the right picks on draft day.

BigDaddyBronco
01-13-2011, 04:23 PM
Does this up the chances we draft Bowers now. I've heard him compared to Peppers a lot
If Carolina doesn't get him first. We do have Ayers and Doom who can play DE in a 4-3, but not very many guys who can play DT in a 4-3 very well. Fairley makes a lot of sense now since he could play in both.

slim
01-13-2011, 04:24 PM
http://fantastiksports.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/john-fox.jpg?w=298&h=332

73-71 record as a head coach

3 playoff appearances in 9 years

In 2010, Panthers ranked 18th in total defense

2009: 8th in total defense

2008: 18th in total defense

2007: 16th in total defense

2006: 7th in total defense

2005: 3rd in total defense

2004: 20th in total defense

2003: 8th in total defense

Meh. At least his defenses don't finish in the 20's often. I overreacted a little.

But still, his head coaching record is not excellent.

To be fair, through 2009 his W-L record was 71-57.

He didn't have a lot to work with in 2010, mainly because the owner decided to purge the roster of vets (something to do with the uncapped year, not really sure about the details)...at least that is the story coming out of Carolina.

hotcarl
01-13-2011, 04:24 PM
Did McD run the offense? How much input was McCoy allowed to give? I thought McEgo ran the show, so maybe we haven't seen what McCoy brings to the table? :noidea:

he sucks

Lancane
01-13-2011, 04:25 PM
What worries me about John Fox is his micromanagement, he is too damn conservative in regards to offense, and when you add McCoy to the mix? That could be disastrous.

silkamilkamonico
What happens with Dumervil. I would imagine he isn't going to be to happy moving back to DE in a 4-3 after the success he had in the 3-4.

Buff
Wrong. Fairley is better suited for the 4-3. He can either play the 3-tech or 2-I.

I like the hire, personally. The personel on defense will finally be playing where they should. DJ can go back to either the Sam or the Will in the 4-3. Doom can go back to the weak side rush end and Ayers can finally stop embarrassingly covering people and play Strong Side End.

Good hire.

I don't doubt that he'd be effective playing the 3 technique in a 4-3, but I also think he'd be a monster playing the 5 technique in the 3-4.

IF we transition to a 4-3, I'd be happy to get Bowers or Fairley. If we stay with the 3-4 then I don't know if Bowers is the best fit at #2. Fairley is.

BroncoStud
01-13-2011, 04:26 PM

He didn't have a lot to work with in 2010, mainly because the owner decided to purge the roster of vets (something to do with the uncapped year, not really sure about the details)...at least that is the story coming out of Carolina.

So can EVERY coach in the NFL just pick a year they want removed from their overall record too? The man is 73-71 and that isn't overly impressive. 3 playoffs in 9 seasons...

West
If Carolina doesn't get him first. We do have Ayers and Doom who can play DE in a 4-3, but not very many guys who can play DT in a 4-3 very well. Fairley makes a lot of sense now since he could play in both.

Yep.

I wouldn't mind drafting Bowers. He can play either the strong or the weak side rush. I'd prefer him to play the weak and make Doom a situational player. Bowers could slide over to strong side on passing situations and plug Doom at WSR.

dogfish

you'tre only allowed to apply that line of reasoning to dennison. . . . :listen:

underrated29
01-13-2011, 04:27 PM

Mccoy called the plays the last 3 games that Tebow started. The playcalling sucked tities.

slim
Mccoy called the plays the last 3 games that Tebow started. The playcalling sucked tities.

It was pathetic.

Day1BroncoFan

The only thing that could retard Tebows growth is trading him to the raiders. :laugh:

Mike
01-13-2011, 04:28 PM

Ok, but drawing up a working offense to fit a different kind of Qb with no NFL playing experience with no time to implement it will kind of handcuff a lot of coaches. Not saying I like him or know anything about him. Just offering an argument.

KCL
dog..NFL says Jim Mora is a candidate to be DC.

West
I don't doubt that he'd be effective playing the 3 technique in a 4-3, but I also think he'd be a monster playing the 5 technique in the 3-4.

IF we transition to a 4-3, I'd be happy to get Bowers or Fairley. If we stay with the 3-4 then I don't know if Bowers is the best fit at #2. Fairley is.

Then Fairley would have to learn a whole new system. He's been playing in the 4-3 at Auburn. This is what fvcked us with Ayers... We tried to take him out of his comfort zone and he crumbled. I would much rather have Fairley playing in the interior and mauling OG's.

GEM
Fox was due to be let go last season by Carolina, but because they didn't want to pay 2 coaches, they held onto him until the end of his contract. His hands were hogtied there this past season. He knew, upper brass knew it and worst of all...his players knew it.

silkamilkamonico
01-13-2011, 04:29 PM
Yep.

I wouldn't mind drafting Bowers. He can play either the strong or the weak side rush. I'd prefer him to play the weak and make Doom a situational player. Bowers could slide over to strong side on passing situations and plug Doom at WSR.

With the contract we're paying Doom, he better not be a situationl player, or we're better off trading him.

I have heard Bowers does not have a long lasting battery. Would it be smart to use the #2 pick on a gu ythat's going to come out of the game after every 2 plays or so?

SOCALORADO.
What happens with Dumervil. I would imagine he isn't going to be to happy moving back to DE in a 4-3 after the success he had in the 3-4.

FOX’S BACKGROUND IS ON DEFENSE, and he already knows that much of the Broncos’ rebuilding will be concentrated there. He coached 4-3 defenses in Carolina and from 1997-2001 as the New York Giants’ defensive coordinator, but said running a 3-4 alignment wouldn’t be a problem.

“Not really. It’s semantics,” Fox said. “Obviously there are some personnel things that aren’t that deep-seated. Everybody plays under/over, whether you originate out of the 3-4 or 4-3.

“A lot of it is pretty much the same. I think moving forward this season might be a bit different from other seasons because we don’t know if we’re going to be in a lockout-type situation or not. I think that will be discussed today.”

slim

Did they say anything about OC?

G_Money
01-13-2011, 04:30 PM
I don't want to see his offensive staff return. They were worse than we were on offense, and that took work. This is one where I would still hope John Elway calls up Fassel or some other offensive coach to place on Fox's staff and tells Fox that he can worry about the defensive side. Fox's OC was a lineman. Fine for running the ball, less fine for throwing it.

I want to do both, well.

I expect both our trenches to be coached better, that's for sure, even though Fox's DL coach is no longer available.

I can live with Ron Meeks on defense if I have to. I'd rather try to get Trgovac back, especially after he's spent the last couple of years learning at the feet of Dom Capers. I don't know what the fallout was in Carolina between Fox and him, but since Trgovac says he'd coach for Fox again, I'd like to take him at his work. It's hard to trip over a couple of top-5 defenses like he ran for the Panthers a couple of years ago.

The 2-14 record from this year is not representative of Fox - he was a lame-duck and his players all knew it. Having the message wear thin and the team know you won't be back next year has happened before and it'll happen again.

But if we just import all the former Panthers guys who put together the gameplans that enabled some of that 2-14 season, and all the mediocrity of the last couple of years there, then that's a problem for me.

Fox's teams have been outstanding the few years they had a decent offense. Get him an OC who can actually run a consistent unit and good things could happen.

~G

underrated29

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS?

West

There is more to playing OLB in the 3-4 than rushing the passer. He couldn't play against the run or cover backs out of the backfield to save his life. HE IS MUCH MORE SUITED FOR THE 4-3!!!!!!

Jesus titties.

DenBronx

im giving fox a pass on last year.

if he would have been available last year alot of the mediocre arguments wouldnt exist. include the playoffs and his record was 76-57 through 2009. they lost PEPPERS for crying out loud. one of the best pass rushers in the league. hmmm losing dume kinda did the same thing to us....

does anyone think fox might be able to persuade deangelo williams to come to denver?

silkamilkamonico
01-13-2011, 04:31 PM

HC - John Fox
OC - Mike McCoy
DC - Jim Mora

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a201/tbag112004/arr.jpg

BroncoStud
Playoffs? PLAYOFFS?

Jim Mora Sr.??? Hell ya! He gives a good press conference!

slim
you'tre only allowed to apply that line of reasoning to dennison. . . . :listen:

McCoy has been an OC for a long time, yet never allowed to call his own plays. Is that the guy you want leading this offense?

West
01-13-2011, 04:32 PM
With the contract we're paying Doom, he better not be a situationl player, or we're better off trading him.

I have heard Bowers does not have a long lasting battery. Would it be smart to use the #2 pick on a gu ythat's going to come out of the game after every 2 plays or so?

I was against signing Doom to that contract, anyway. Yeah he can rush the passer like nobody's business but a DLmen that ALWAYS has his ears pinned back to the QB isn't consistently successfull in the NFL.

And no, the number of sacks a DE gets does not measure how successfull he was.

DenBronx
01-13-2011, 04:32 PM
la canfora just said fox might look at jim mora as a DC and denny smith as a OC.

Mike
01-13-2011, 04:33 PM
Per Shefter's twitter:

John Fox has been trying to round up his assistant coaches all morning. Deal with Denver had been in works all day.

silkamilkamonico
There is more to playing OLB in the 3-4 than rushing the passer. He couldn't play against the run or cover backs out of the backfield to save his life. HE IS MUCH MORE SUITED FOR THE 4-3!!!!!!

Jesus titties.

Really? He can't play the run in either one. he's more of a liability against the run in a 4-3 because he's at the point of contact. He's only a pure pass rusher. He's obviously better at rushing the passer in the 3-4 than the 4-3.

You are clearly getting the 3-4 and 4-3 confused. Dumervil is a much better player as an OLB in a 3-4 than he is as a DE in the 4-3. The proof has already been validated.

KCL
Did they say anything about OC?

Not in the article I read...this is all it said about Coordinators.

Fox now will fill out his Broncos coaching staff, and former Seattle Seahawks and Atlanta Falcons coach Jim Mora is candidate to be defensive coordinator, a league source told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora. Before becoming a head coach, Mora was the defensive coordinator for the San Francisco 49ers from 1999 to 2003. He's now an NFL Network analyst.

Lancane
Ok, but drawing up a working offense to fit a different kind of Qb with no NFL playing experience with no time to implement it will kind of handcuff a lot of coaches. Not saying I like him or know anything about him. Just offering an argument.

McCoy has only ever been an offensive coordinator under Josh McDaniels, and for two seasons, look how horrid his play calling was in three games, one with Orton against one of the worst teams in the NFL? Remember that ass whooping?

If Fox keeps McCoy I think we are going to see the end of Tebow's dreams to be an actual NFL quarterback, because he'll be the next Kordell Stewart or worse.

silkamilkamonico
01-13-2011, 04:34 PM
I was against signing Doom to that contract, anyway. Yeah he can rush the passer like nobody's business but a DLmen that ALWAYS has his ears pinned back to the QB isn't consistently successfull in the NFL.

And no, the number of sacks a DE gets does not measure how successfull he was.

Against it or not, the deal has already been made. Being against it isn't going to create cap space anywhere else.

slim
01-13-2011, 04:34 PM
Not in the article I read...this is all it said about Coordinators.

I have to get my inside info from a Chief fan?

I am ashamed of all of you.

Buff
01-13-2011, 04:35 PM
Then Fairley would have to learn a whole new system. He's been playing in the 4-3 at Auburn. This is what fvcked us with Ayers... We tried to take him out of his comfort zone and he crumbled. I would much rather have Fairley playing in the interior and mauling OG's.

There are only a few college teams who run a 3-4 defense. So most front seven players have to learn a new system when they get to the NFL and play in a 3-4.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-13-2011, 04:39 PM
Shannon Sharpe is talking to Mike/Scott now on the fan. Some of what he has said already -

"He is happy for Fox - very good HC. Will bring a great defense, solid HC, but needs an OC with imagination that can find out what the Broncos have in Tebow."

I am sure they will put up on their site later the conversation with Shannon.

BroncoNut
01-13-2011, 04:39 PM
this guy sucks, i see lots of high draft picks in our future

also get used to hearing this: booooooooooooooooooooooooooo

when I read your posts, I hear Mr T in my head

DenBronx
01-13-2011, 04:40 PM
TimTebow Tim Tebow
by VicLombardi
Welcome to Denver Coach Fox! Can't wait to get to work with you!!! About Coach Fox RT @johnelway: He is a dynamic and proven leader...

via twitter

silkamilkamonico
01-13-2011, 04:42 PM
TimTebow Tim Tebow
by VicLombardi
Welcome to Denver Coach Fox! Can't wait to get to work with you!!! About Coach Fox RT @johnelway: He is a dynamic and proven leader...

via twitter

John Fox to Tim Tebow.

"Go over their and practice your hand offs. And maybe we'll add a wrinkle in later. Possibly a QB draw.

G_Money
01-13-2011, 04:43 PM
I'd be fine playing in the 4-3. The 3-4 gets a lot of play because of the versatility of it, but if that leaves more players suited to a 4-3 available since a lot of teams are trying the 3-4 now, then I'd be happy to draft those players.

Fox ran a stalwart 4-3 for several years down in Carolina. He knows how to stop the run with it.

So all we need is to find a Kris Jenkins or two...

~G

cardoso

How do you know what Offensive coordinator he will bring in and what they will do? Can you name me the great qb's he had in Carolina? Steve smith wasn't constantly one of the best wr's in the league with Delhomme throwing to him?

I could give a shit about what our offense looks like! We've had good offenses ahd shitty defenses for the past 6 years! I'm done with that crap! our offense will no longer need to win every game because our defense will no longer be one of the worst in nfl history like we were the past 3 years in a row.

Lancane
John Fox to Tim Tebow.

"Go over their and practice your hand offs. And maybe we'll add a wrinkle in later. Possibly a QB draw.

That's not even funny!

Maybe John can talk him into hiring Fassel as his OC, better choice then McCoy!

Mike
01-13-2011, 04:44 PM
John Fox to Tim Tebow.

Offenses QB'd by Delhomme will do that to an offense. And even despite that Steve Smith put up decent numbers. Did they even have a QB this year? :confused:

Lancane
01-13-2011, 04:47 PM
How do you know what Offensive coordinator he will bring in and what they will do? Can you name me the great qb's he had in Carolina? Steve smith wasn't constantly one of the best wr's in the league with Delhomme throwing to him?

I could give a shit about what our offense looks like! We've had good offenses ahd shitty defenses for the past 6 years! I'm done with that crap! our offense will no longer need to win every game because our defense will no longer be one of the worst in nfl history like we were the past 3 years in a row.

You better give a shit, Fox has only had three winning seasons as the head coach in Carolina, and a lot of people believe it was because he was too conservative and micromanaged the offense.

I hope that he hires a real offensive coordinator and get's Tebow a solid quarterback coach to help him develop, but I fear we'll be the next to feel his conservativeness.

silkamilkamonico
01-13-2011, 04:47 PM

Look at the best teams in the NFL. What's the one thing they have in common? A great QB with a structured offense.

One team I can think of in comparison with what Fox allegeldy brings us (at least from Carolina), is the Miami Dolphins. A good enough defense to keep them in games, but an offense that's stale and conservative.

We could be like the Miami Dolphins, because IMHo Fox isn't going to care enough about the offense to try and actually win games.

cardoso
01-13-2011, 04:48 PM
I have no idea what will happen but come on dude. At least give the guy a chance to see what he can do here before blasting him. Some of you guys are just priceless.

these are probably the same guys that used to give mcdaniels all the credit for the patriots success and called him a genius.

broncogirl7
01-13-2011, 04:48 PM
Not excited about this, was hoping for Dennison since Harbough was off the table.
Hopefully we'll use the 3-4 for versatility and zone blocking on offense. If he does this, drafts well and assembles the best support team them I'll be okay with him being a Bronco.

underrated29
01-13-2011, 04:49 PM
ok we have an OC thread. So post any news on that matter there. So we do not have to sift through this whole mess to find out who our potential OCs are.

cardoso
01-13-2011, 04:51 PM
Look at the best teams in the NFL. What's the one thing they have in common? A great QB with a structured offense.

One team I can think of in comparison with what Fox allegeldy brings us (at least from Carolina), is the Miami Dolphins. A good enough defense to keep them in games, but an offense that's stale and conservative.

We could be like the Miami Dolphins, because IMHo Fox isn't going to care enough about the offense to try and actually win games.

and the miami dolphins have two qb's that cant find their ass with 2 hands. We wont need our offense to score 37pts to win games anymore! We finally got a defensive coach and people complain! :rolleyes: If any fanbase should know that offense or great qb is not more important than a good defense it should be us! i can bet my life on this. I'll bet Fox's offense will be alot more productive than the offense we've had for the past 2 years.

silkamilkamonico
01-13-2011, 04:51 PM
You better give a shit, Fox has only had three winning seasons as the head coach in Carolina, and a lot of people believe it was because he was too conservative and micromanaged the offense.

I hope that he hires a real offensive coordinator and get's Tebow a solid quarterback coach to help him develop, but I fear we'll be the next to feel his conservativeness.

I am upset. With the right hire, we could have had a dynamic offense. We have a Pro Bowler in Lloyd, a capable constant in Royal, Gaffney is dependable, and a very young, explosive, and talented 1st round talent. Unless Fox somehow surprises us, that will go to waste.

Yes, fix the defense Fox. But don't even think about curtailing the offense.

BroncoStud
01-13-2011, 04:52 PM

Once again, you miss the point entirely... WHY DO WE HAVE TO BE 1-DIMENSIONAL?

Why can't we bring in someone who will fix BOTH sides of the football? Fox has his fingers in all aspects of the game and he is ultra-conservative on offense, maddeningly conservative.

BroncoJoe
01-13-2011, 04:52 PM
Everyone is an expert.

Except, of course, the Broncos FO.

Gimme a break.

topscribe
01-13-2011, 04:53 PM
I am upset. With the right hire, we could have had a dynamic offense. We have a Pro Bowler in Lloyd, a capable constant in Royal, Gaffney is dependable, and a very young, explosive, and talented 1st round talent. Unless Fox somehow surprises us, that will go to waste.

Yes, fix the defense Fox. But don't even think about curtailing the offense.

Silk, there is so much talent on the offense (assuming Tebow is what he is
cracked up to be) that it will kick butt despite itself. DEFENSE is the ANSWER,
and that is one reason I personally am encouraged by Fox's appointment . . .

-----

Mike
01-13-2011, 04:54 PM
Everyone is an expert.

Except, of course, the Broncos FO.

Gimme a break.

New to Broncoland? :confused:

Let me be the first to welcome you here. :welcome:

silkamilkamonico
and the miami dolphins have two qb's that cant find their ass with 2 hands. We wont need our offense to score 37pts to win games anymore! We finally got a defensive coach and people complain! :rolleyes: If any fanbase should know that offense or great qb is not more important than a good defense it should be us! i can bet my life on this. I'll bet Fox's offense will be alot more productive than the offense we've had for the past 2 years.

How many SuperBowl winners in the last 10 years, had an emphasis on defense, and an offense that "didn't need to win games"? 2?

Any fanbases knows the single most important thing to building a dynasty is a great QB. You clearly have not been paying attention to the NFL.

BroncoStud
these are probably the same guys that used to give mcdaniels all the credit for the patriots success and called him a genius.

No, these are the guys that understand football and watched Carolina play football. Like I said smart guy, we'll talk again midseason when you're whining about how bad and predictable our offense is.

BroncoJoe
01-13-2011, 04:56 PM
New to Broncoland? :confused:

Let me be the first to welcome you here. :welcome:

Hasn't always been like this, Mike.

The noobs clearly don't know much prior to '97-98.

silkamilkamonico
01-13-2011, 04:57 PM
Silk, there is so much talent on the offense (assuming Tebow is what he iscracked up to be) that it will kick butt despite itself. DEFENSE is the ANSWER,
and that is one reason I personally am encouraged by Fox's appointment . . .

-----

Talent on offense is irrelevant when you have a coach that insists on shelfing it. I'm not sure why people are not understanding this.

BroncoStud
01-13-2011, 04:57 PM

How good has Fox been without Julius Peppers? Can you tell me how many games he has won without Peppers? Fox had a lot of talent on defense in Carolina, hell, he had a lot with the Giants as well. Can you tell me he is going to fix the defense with 100% confidence? I can't...

Players matter. Denver doesn't have nearly the talent on defense Carolina did.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-13-2011, 04:58 PM
Pardon me, but it's time to dance!

:whoo: :whoo: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing2:

Let's fix the defense! When can we anticipate Wink will be fired? Rumor has it now that Shurmur is in in Cleveland that Rob Ryan will be out. I think John should give him a call...

BroncoStud
01-13-2011, 04:58 PM

I know that an overly-conservative Dan Reeves kept our offense stuck in the stone ages while guys like Joe Montana were winning Super Bowls because they actually used receivers out of the backfield... Elway might have won 6-7 Super Bowls if Shanahan had been hired earlier.

BroncoJoe
01-13-2011, 04:59 PM
How good has Fox been without Julius Peppers? Can you tell me how many games he has won without Peppers? Fox had a lot of talent on defense in Carolina, hell, he had a lot with the Giants as well. Can you tell me he is going to fix the defense with 100% confidence? I can't...

Carolina didn't have the talent when he took over either.

It's a two way street, stud.

BroncoStud
Pardon me, but it's time to dance!

:whoo: :whoo: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing2:

Let's fix the defense! When can we anticipate Wink will be fired? Rumor has it now that Shurmur is in in Cleveland that Rob Ryan will be out. I think John should give him a call...

So far, the last good call John made was in the 2nd half of the Super Bowl in 1999.

Mike

I thought the internet made everyone instant experts? I heard it adds like 100 points to the IQ or somethin.

claymore
01-13-2011, 05:00 PM
WTF couldn't we just throw $4 million at Bob Stoops? This is just another setback for this franchise.

Fox is a MEDIOCRE 1-dimensional Head Coach. He hasn't even had time to reflect on what went wrong in Carolina...

His "blueprint" will get you to .500 football. :confused:

Mediocre is a huge step up from our last coach. Baby steps!

topscribe
01-13-2011, 05:00 PM

I know what you're getting at, but, fortunately, Carolina can't grab both Bowers and Fairley . . .

-----

topscribe
01-13-2011, 05:01 PM
Talent on offense is irrelevant when you have a coach that insists on shelfing it. I'm not sure why people are not understanding this.

It hasn't been shelved yet. You're jumping the gun . . .

-----

HORSEPOWER 56
01-13-2011, 05:01 PM

And yet, Rick Dennison was the answer?

BroncoStud
01-13-2011, 05:02 PM
Carolina didn't have the talent when he took over either.

It's a two way street, stud.

Well, they had Grant, Morgan, and Jenkins. They then drafted Peppers... All I keep hearing is that Fox was under the tyrannical rule of a cheap dictatorship in Carolina and was only allowed to use the players that were drafted for him...

silkamilkamonico
01-13-2011, 05:02 PM
It hasn't been shelved yet. You're jumping the gun . . .

-----

As is anyone thinking that somehow Fox is all of a sudden going to turn the offense loose.

BroncoStud
01-13-2011, 05:03 PM

I don't know if he was or not, I KNOW Fox is not the answer.

JDL
01-13-2011, 05:03 PM

This blows.

Yeah, it would suck to have the 7th best scoring offense... which is what Carolina had when McCoy left after 2008... JUST SUCK!!!

So much better having that offensive genius McDaniels controlling the offense and guiding us to 19th and 20th rankings in scoring offense... absolutely freaking AWESOME!!! We haven't even been top 10 in scoring since 2005.

Some people need a reality check

rationalfan
01-13-2011, 05:04 PM
for all those of you complaining/predicting denver will have a run-based offense: maybe.

a good coach adapts to his players. we'll see if fox is a good coach.

BroncoStud
01-13-2011, 05:04 PM
Mediocre is a huge step up from our last coach. Baby steps!

Haha, so Fox is just a stopgap until the other coaches are off of the payroll lol. Great, maybe in 3 years we'll get the coach we need. :elefant:

claymore
01-13-2011, 05:05 PM
Haha, so Fox is just a stopgap until the other coaches are off of the payroll lol. Great, maybe in 3 years we'll get the coach we need. :elefant:

Non producing coaches get 2 years under Bowlen. Or so the history suggests.

topscribe
01-13-2011, 05:05 PM

Well, I would be very tempted now to lure Dennison to Denver and restore
the O-line to the ZB system. He would probably have to be called "Assistant
Head Coach," but what's in a title?

-----

silkamilkamonico
01-13-2011, 05:06 PM
for all those of you complaining/predicting denver will have a run-based offense: maybe.

a good coach adapts to his players. we'll see if fox is a good coach.

Yea, I can't imagine the FO didn't ask questions like, "what do you plan on doing with the offense", and I can't see Bowlen or Elway allowing a coach to come in and run a tightly conservative offense.

But then again, this is the Denver Bronco organization we are talking about.

Denver Native (Carol)
Not long ago, someone with knowledge of the Panthers (can't remember if a fan or who), said that Fox was not the problem, rather the owner, Richardson, was the problem.

Day1BroncoFan
I'm thinking that KC, SD and Oakland will be in deep trouble next season now that we will have a defense.

I don't see our offense being worse if we hire the right OC, so what's the big uproar about?

Why don't we wait and see who is hired before we cry about the sky falling.

BroncoStud
Yeah, it would suck to have the 7th best scoring offense... which is what Carolina had when McCoy left after 2008... JUST SUCK!!!

So much better having that offensive genius McDaniels controlling the offense and guiding us to 19th and 20th rankings in scoring offense... absolutely freaking AWESOME!!! We haven't even been top 10 in scoring since 2005.

Some people need a reality check

OH, so you show 1 season! Amazing lol. Why don't we compare that 2008 "7th" best scoring offense to McDaniels New England offense that set records?

You always like to cherry-pick your stats because you know the full basket tells a very different story. :welcome:

slim

-----

Why would he want to come here?

Unless he gets fired by Kubiak, this is not going to happen.

BroncoStud
01-13-2011, 05:07 PM

If I were Dennison I would tell the Broncos to screw off in a few years when they're looking for another Head Coach. I wouldn't even interview.

silkamilkamonico
01-13-2011, 05:08 PM

Yea, especially now that he has been overlooked for a head coaching job by Denver twice now.

topscribe
01-13-2011, 05:08 PM

Because he bleeds orange & blue!

That's what he said, isn't it? :whoknows:

-----

Buff
01-13-2011, 05:09 PM
If I were Dennison I would tell the Broncos to screw off in a few years when they're looking for another Head Coach. I wouldn't even interview.

There would never even be a request for an interview because coaches don't move laterally when they are under contract. It was head coach or nothing with Dennison.

topscribe
01-13-2011, 05:09 PM

Somehow, I don't picture Dennison as that type of person . . .

-----

BroncoStud
01-13-2011, 05:11 PM
There would never even be a request for an interview because coaches don't move laterally when they are under contract. It was head coach or nothing with Dennison.

I'm talking about Head Coach... You don't really think Fox is going to last long here do you? 3 years is my over/under.

Buff
01-13-2011, 05:12 PM
I'm talking about Head Coach... You don't really think Fox is going to last long here do you? 3 years is my over/under.

It will be tough to fire him after we win the Superbowl in 2012. :cool:

:defense:

Nick
01-13-2011, 05:13 PM
Not happy with this hire. I mean Fox... Really? He had a couple winning seasons. He does look however like someone you don't have to give a bunch of power to if they are wanting to manage everything upstairs which I am fine with.

He better get a solid OC.

BroncoStud
01-13-2011, 05:14 PM
It will be tough to fire him after we win the Superbowl in 2012. :cool:

:defense:

If that happens I will eat all the crow in the world but I'll make the bet right now we don't...

Lancane
01-13-2011, 05:21 PM
Not long ago, someone with knowledge of the Panthers (can't remember if a fan or who), said that Fox was not the problem, rather the owner, Richardson, was the problem.

Richardson didn't micromanage the coaching staff, demand a conservative offensive scheme that was run, run, pass to it's very core. And under John Fox, Carolina's offense has ranked near the bottom in almost every category except twice, that's a freaking fact. Richardson may not have been the best owner, but Fox proved not to be the best coach either.

JDL
OH, so you show 1 season! Amazing lol. Why don't we compare that 2008 "7th" best scoring offense to McDaniels New England offense that set records?

You always like to cherry-pick your stats because you know the full basket tells a very different story. :welcome:

Yeah, who's the OC in NE this year? It aint McD... kind of nice having a Hall of Fame QB over Jake Delhomme... dumb response

In 4 of 6 seasons where Delhomme started 15 or more games... Carolina was 15th, 13th, 8th and 7th... THAT's AWFUL!!!! with Jake Delhomme... and Carolina's QBs as mediocre as they are manage to post high 80s QB ratings routinely... it isn't flashy but it works.

sneakers
Elway... You disappoint me.

These words should never be combined when are speaking of Elway...

JDL
01-13-2011, 05:22 PM
Richardson didn't micromanage the coaching staff, demand a conservative offensive scheme that was run, run, pass to it's very core. And under John Fox, Carolina's offense has ranked near the bottom in almost every category except twice, that's a freaking fact. Richardson may not have been the best owner, but Fox proved not to be the best coach either.

Uhhh... no it's not... that is entirely inaccurate.

T.K.O.
01-13-2011, 05:22 PM
sorry if this was posted already......but here's a post article on fox

John Fox named Denver Broncos head coach, charged with revival
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Posted: 01/13/2011 01:09:17 PM MSTUpdated: 01/13/2011 03:04:34 PM MST

The Broncos hired John Fox, recently of the Carolina Panthers, to be their next head coach. He signed a four-year contract.

"I am excited to announce that John Fox has agreed to terms to become the 14th head coach in Broncos history," John Elway, the team's executive vice president of football operations, stated via twitter.

here's the rest.....http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17087361

HORSEPOWER 56
01-13-2011, 05:23 PM

-----

I could totally be onboard with that. That's the other thing about Fox that makes me more confident in him. He can probably draw better coordinators than any of the other candidates.

JDL
01-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Fox lost a bunch of his coaches in 2009 due to contract disputes.... McCoy bailed, lost his DC who went to GB to be a DL coach and make more money, lost his LB coach I believe... when it was all said and done I believe Fox lost almost half his staff due to managements inability to finalize contract extensions.... sounds like extenuating circumstances to me.

BroncoStud
01-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Yeah, who's the OC in NE this year? It aint McD... kind of nice having a Hall of Fame QB over Jake Delhomme... dumb response

In 4 of 6 seasons where Delhomme started 15 or more games... Carolina was 15th, 13th, 8th and 7th... THAT's AWFUL!!!! with Jake Delhomme... and Carolina's QBs as mediocre as they are manage to post high 80s QB ratings routinely... it isn't flashy but it works.

You know what, I'm going to lay off and see if Fox proves me wrong. He had a 6 hour interview, he had dinner with the front office, John Elway knows offense and he knows better than anyone what it's like to play QB for an overly-conservative Head Coach...

Fox had to have said the right things to get Elway to sign off on his hire. Maybe Fox has learned he needs to open it up on offense, maybe he'll hire an OC (hopefully not McCoy) that understands this and he will let the OC do his thing...

The offenses he ran in Carolina were painfully predictable, even their own fans will admit that. Hopefully John has learned and is willing to change with the times. You must have a passing game in the NFL, we'll see.

Lancane
01-13-2011, 05:27 PM
Uhhh... no it's not... that is entirely inaccurate.

Please elaborate how that is inaccurate?

I Eat Staples
01-13-2011, 05:29 PM
We're not winning the super bowl in 2012 even if Vince Lombardi was coaching us with Ditka and Shula on the staff and Bill Parcells as GM.

hotcarl
01-13-2011, 05:30 PM
We're not winning the super bowl in 2012 even if Vince Lombardi was coaching us with Ditka and Shula on the staff and Bill Parcells as GM.

i will not listen to your lies

JDL
01-13-2011, 05:30 PM
You know what, I'm going to lay off and see if Fox proves me wrong. He had a 6 hour interview, he had dinner with the front office, John Elway knows offense and he knows better than anyone what it's like to play QB for an overly-conservative Head Coach...

Fox had to have said the right things to get Elway to sign off on his hire. Maybe Fox has learned he needs to open it up on offense, maybe he'll hire an OC (hopefully not McCoy) that understands this and he will let the OC do his thing...

The offenses he ran in Carolina were painfully predictable, even their own fans will admit that. Hopefully John has learned and is willing to change with the times. You must have a passing game in the NFL, we'll see.

Thing is it worked when they had a QB playing good and it would sure be a hell of an indictment of Tebow if fans here are saying they don't believe he is even THAT good. Delhomme's best year under Fox he threw for almost 4000yds and 29TDs...

But, your approach is very sound... there is no guarantee on Fox and he isn't a HOT name... but he has had success in the league and deserves a shot by fans... before they get all bitchy and moany about the guy and start stating things that are entirely untrue.

camdisco24
01-13-2011, 05:31 PM
I think Fox just needed a fresh start away from Carolina. He was my 2nd choice, so I'm not upset about it. Dennison was my first choice, and I hope he'll be brought in in some capacity.

Good hire IMO, hope he can turn around the BRONCOS like he turned the Panthers around when he was first hired there...

BeefStew25
Man it gets old how we all are looking for the one man savior. Fox is a part of the improvements that need to be made.

It will be fun watching the process of spreading out that responsibility to a couple of people.

Lancane

I'm with you on this BS, I'll give him time...and hope that he'll prove me wrong in my assertions that he'll remain as inept and controlling or as conservative as he was in Carolina.

But, if McCoy is named the offensive coordinator, then I fear that is a step in proving the argument more sound then unfounded.

Ravage!!!
01-13-2011, 05:32 PM
I could totally be onboard with that. That's the other thing about Fox that makes me more confident in him. He can probably draw better coordinators than any of the other candidates.

I'm sorry Horse, but I just don't think that has any validity to it. If McD can "lure" Nolan as the DC with hardly any years in the NFL and no HC experience, I don't see why any of the candidates wouldn't have the same abilities.

But, now that we have him as our HC, lets hope for the best. I dont have a lot of high expectations, however.

Dzone
01-13-2011, 05:34 PM
well, now maybe carmelo Anthony wont be the #1 topic on denver sports radio now...thats the only good thing

BroncoStud
01-13-2011, 05:35 PM
I'm with you on this BS, I'll give him time...and hope that he'll prove me wrong in my assertions that he'll remain as inept and controlling or as conservative as he was in Carolina.

But, if McCoy is named the offensive coordinator, then I fear that is a step in proving the argument more sound then unfounded.

I'm on the fence with McCoy Lan...

Upside: He's been working with Tebow, and his playcall DID improve as the season ended.

Downside: His playcall sucked before that, like horribly, and he was a part of the ultra-conservative Carolina offenses...

Sigh...

BeefStew25
01-13-2011, 05:36 PM
Let's plan a tailgate.

Lancane
Man it gets old how we all are looking for the one man savior. Fox is a part of the improvements that need to be made.

It will be fun watching the process of spreading out that responsibility to a couple of people.

And that is my issue Stew, he micromanaged everything in Carolina, specifically on the offensive side of the ball. Defense is his forte, but he wanted a conservative, balanced offense that for all intent purposes didn't work there in Carolina and sure in the hell won't work here if he pulls the same shit. I will be more open minded with him as the head coach if we were getting an actual offensive coordinator, but it looks as if McCoy might be retained in that capacity.

BroncoStud
Let's plan a tailgate.

Tailgate or a picket?

BeefStew25
01-13-2011, 05:37 PM
Tailgate or a picket?

Your vitriol hurts our country.

BroncoStud
01-13-2011, 05:38 PM
And that is my issue Stew, he micromanaged everything in Carolina, specifically on the offensive side of the ball. Defense is his forte, but he wanted a conservative, balanced offense that for all intent purposes didn't work there in Carolina and sure in the hell won't work here if he pulls the same shit. I will be more open minded with him as the head coach if we were getting an actual offensive coordinator, but it looks as if McCoy might be retained in that capacity.

It's the little things... Take the Patriots this season at Chicago... HORRIBLE conditions, strong winds, heavy snow, ice... What does New England do? They throw the hell out of the football and completely catch the Bears off-balance.

I've never seen that sort of innovation from Fox. The Panthers seem to line up and do the same thing every single week, regardless of opponent or situation. I just can't get excited about that sort of football.

BeefStew25
01-13-2011, 05:38 PM

Think about more than just the coaches and players. Infrastructure. Nuts and bolts. Franks and beans. Twigs and berries.

BeefStew25
01-13-2011, 05:39 PM
It's the little things... Take the Patriots this season at Chicago... HORRIBLE conditions, strong winds, heavy snow, ice... What does New England do? They throw the hell out of the football and completely catch the Bears off-balance.

I've never seen that sort of innovation from Fox. The Panthers seem to line up and do the same thing every single week, regardless of opponent or situation. I just can't get excited about that sort of football.

If you can't get excited about Sundays, I can't help you. This is Big 12 football, brother.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-13-2011, 05:40 PM
I'm sorry Horse, but I just don't think that has any validity to it. If McD can "lure" Nolan as the DC with hardly any years in the NFL and no HC experience, I don't see why any of the candidates wouldn't have the same abilities.

But, now that we have him as our HC, lets hope for the best. I dont have a lot of high expectations, however.

McDaniels didn't "lure" shit. McDaniels and Nolan had the same agent and when McDaniels got the gig, his agent talked McDaniels into hiring Nolan as DC. After one season, McDaniels couldn't stand being the second best coach on the team and sent Nolan packing and replaced him with the worst DC in Broncos history (yes, statistically Wink was worse than Slowik).

Seriously though, who would Rico have had the real likelihood of getting? More guys from the Shanahan/Kubiak tree. No thanks.

BroncoStud
01-13-2011, 05:41 PM
If you can't get excited about Sundays, I can't help you. This is Big 12 football, brother.

:lol::lol::lol:

JDL
01-13-2011, 05:41 PM
Please elaborate how that is inaccurate?

4 times his scoring offenses have been top half of the league... that right there discounts what you said..

you want to go count how many times the rushing offense has been good?

2010 - 13th
2009 - 3rd
2008 - 3rd
2007 - 14th
2006 - 24th
2005 - 19th
2004 - 28th
2003 - 7th
2002 - 25th

Those are his rushing stats over his career... 3 top 10 finishes and last 4 years has been top half of the league in rushing. A lot has to do with a former Bronco that we'd likely be bringing back... Jeff Davidson.

Point is saying that his offenses have been horrible except for 2 years is totally and entirely inaccurate. His QBs routinely maintain a passer rating above 80, high 80s in fact.

People like you are overblowing his offenses ineptitude.

He's been hurt by not having a QB (and unless you think Tebow is worse than Delhomme, then what's your problem?) and coaching staff defections due to management disputes.

He'll install a power running scheme that doesn't get mauled by the likes of Pittsburgh and Baltimore the way the ZBS did... and we will in all likelihood be good at running the ball which can only help Tebow.

People just need to take a step back and give the guy some leeway to prove it wasn't all his fault in Carolina and he can return a team to good standing... he has been the NFCs version of Jeff Fisher and could very well get things heading in the right direction again here.

Lancane
01-13-2011, 05:42 PM
I'm on the fence with McCoy Lan...

Upside: He's been working with Tebow, and his playcall DID improve as the season ended.

Downside: His playcall sucked before that, like horribly, and he was a part of the ultra-conservative Carolina offenses...

Sigh...

I'm not, look at the sheer number of quarterback draws, that last game against San Diego, the announcers were cracking jokes on how it looked exactly like the Urban Meyer Spread Offense that Florida uses. He didn't coach Tebow, he schemed around him, that's why we saw the drop-off in his game against the Chargers from the week before against the Texans. They were running the same offense pretty much that Orton did against Houston, a few more draws, but identical enough to be the Pro-Spread, a week later they catered to Tebow and schemed around him, like Urban Meyer did at Florida...that won't help Tebow at the pro level, it will destroy everything he wanted, which was to become a prolific pro-style NFL quarterback.

BeefStew25
01-13-2011, 05:43 PM
Lets all take a step back from the vitriol and remember we are Bronco fans.

I Eat Staples
01-13-2011, 05:44 PM
I'm not thrilled with Fox but at least he's a defensive minded head coach that has experience. The only thing really discouraging me right now is keeping McCoy. That's awful.

JDL
01-13-2011, 05:45 PM

Wasn't always like that....

Delhomme threw for almost 4000yds and had several good seasons passing... which is amazing since it was..well... Jake Delhomme... Fox IS a run-first head coach and maybe that isn't exciting to some, but it is good for Tebow who will need a strong running game as he learns the nuances of being a good NFL QB.

hotcarl
01-13-2011, 05:45 PM
Lets all take a step back from the vitriol and remember we are Bronco fans.

yes, someone is going to get hurt

i was just about to kill myself, thank you :beer:

BroncoStud
01-13-2011, 05:46 PM
I'm not, look at the sheer number of quarterback draws, that last game against San Diego, the announcers were cracking jokes on how it looked exactly like the Urban Meyer Spread Offense that Florida uses. He didn't coach Tebow, he schemed around him, that's why we saw the drop-off in his game against the Chargers from the week before against the Texans. They were running the same offense pretty much that Orton did against Houston, a few more draws, but identical enough to be the Pro-Spread, a week later they catered to Tebow and schemed around him, like Urban Meyer did at Florida...that won't help Tebow at the pro level, it will destroy everything he wanted, which was to become a prolific pro-style NFL quarterback.

Hard to argue that. I'm hoping it was more of a lack of time to do anything really new than just being a bad coordinator... Who knows but I bet we get stuck with him.

Ravage!!!

if McCoy is the OC... I'm going to be soooo disappointed.

BeefStew25

Coach Fox needs you this year brother. I want your pledge sheet signed by the end of the week.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-13-2011, 05:48 PM

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 13, 2011, 5:08 PM EST

I’m cautiously optimistic that John Fox was a smart hire for the Denver Broncos considering the circumstances. The move will make even more sense if Fox winds up retaining Mike McCoy as the team’s offensive coordinator.

McCoy worked under Fox for seven seasons in Carolina as his quarterbacks coach and then passing game coordinator. McCoy remains under contract in Denver as offensive coordinator. By keeping McCoy, Fox could provide continuity to an offense that did plenty of good things the last two years. Installing a new offense could be difficult, especially if there is a long work stoppage.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/13/john-fox-has-long-history-with-broncos-coordinator-mike-mccoy/

Ravage!!!
01-13-2011, 05:48 PM

Tebow is not a good pocket passer. You have to work with what you have.

BroncoJoe
01-13-2011, 05:51 PM
Please people. They had three games to try and "create" an effective offense. One based off of what they had been practicing all year.

They couldn't scrap the playbook. They had to use what was available. With an offseason and MC/TC, it'll be more tailored to TT's ability.

TXBRONC
01-13-2011, 05:53 PM
He wasn't first choice but I certainly will give him my support.

BroncoStud
01-13-2011, 05:53 PM
Please people. They had three games to try and "create" an effective offense. One based off of what they had been practicing all year.

They couldn't scrap the playbook. They had to use what was available. With an offseason and MC/TC, it'll be more tailored to TT's ability.

Tebow would have been ridiculously good in Kubiak's bootleg offense. That was one huge advantage to hiring Dennision, in my mind.

SOCALORADO.
01-13-2011, 05:54 PM
He wasn't first choice but I certainly will give my support.

I will as well!

Lancane
01-13-2011, 05:54 PM
4 times his scoring offenses have been top half of the league... that right there discounts what you said..

you want to go count how many times the rushing offense has been good?

2010 - 13th
2009 - 3rd
2008 - 3rd
2007 - 14th
2006 - 24th
2005 - 19th
2004 - 28th
2003 - 7th
2002 - 25th

Those are his rushing stats over his career... 3 top 10 finishes and last 4 years has been top half of the league in rushing. A lot has to do with a former Bronco that we'd likely be bringing back... Jeff Davidson.

Point is saying that his offenses have been horrible except for 2 years is totally and entirely inaccurate. His QBs routinely maintain a passer rating above 80, high 80s in fact.

People like you are overblowing his offenses ineptitude.

He's been hurt by not having a QB (and unless you think Tebow is worse than Delhomme, then what's your problem?) and coaching staff defections due to management disputes.

He'll install a power running scheme that doesn't get mauled by the likes of Pittsburgh and Baltimore the way the ZBS did... and we will in all likelihood be good at running the ball which can only help Tebow.

People just need to take a step back and give the guy some leeway to prove it wasn't all his fault in Carolina and he can return a team to good standing... he has been the NFCs version of Jeff Fisher and could very well get things heading in the right direction again here.

There is a lot more to having an offense then running the damn ball! Or did we forget that we still were mediocre with the NFL's best rushing attack for a good number of years under Shanahan... It's about balance, period.

What was their offensive rank in every other category?

Overall Offensive Ranking

2002 - 30th overall
2003 - 15th overall
2004 - 13th overall
2005 - 8th overall
2006 - 27th overall
2007 - 26th overall
2008 - 7th overall
2009 - 21st overall
2010 - 32nd overall

:confused:

BroncoJoe
01-13-2011, 05:55 PM
Tebow would have been ridiculously good in Kubiak's bootleg offense. That was one huge advantage to hiring Dennision, in my mind.

That's breaking news, but you can't completely change the offense with three games left. They had to work with the (shitty) playbook they'd practiced all year.

camdisco24
01-13-2011, 05:59 PM
That's breaking news, but you can't completely change the offense with three games left. They had to work with the (shitty) playbook they'd practiced all year.

I agree. The last couple week showed improvement in the play calling. I think with a long offseason, the kinks can be worked out and they the design a system around Tebow.

TXBRONC
I will as well!

You run hot and cold so I don't trust you. :suspicious: :D

Lancane
Tebow is not a good pocket passer. You have to work with what you have.

I'd prefer to have a coach, not a strategist.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-13-2011, 06:00 PM
IMO - Elway will be heavily involved in the offense.

I Eat Staples
01-13-2011, 06:01 PM

You shouldn't have to tailor your game plan to suit a non-conventional QB. Tebow either learns to play in a pro offense or he doesn't make it in this league.

Skinny
01-13-2011, 06:02 PM

I have heard Bowers does not have a long lasting battery. Would it be smart to use the #2 pick on a gu ythat's going to come out of the game after every 2 plays or so?Wow, i'm really REALLY curious where you heard this?

Kiper? McShay? Mayock?

I need to know who to put on my ignore list.....

BroncoStud
01-13-2011, 06:02 PM

I'm talking about this offseason.

BeefStew25
01-13-2011, 06:03 PM

I hope he isn't. That is a good way to undermine your new head coach.

camdisco24

I agree Carol. If not the entire offense, definitely Tebow's development.

BroncoJoe
You shouldn't have to tailor your game plan to suit a non-conventional QB. Tebow either learns to play in a pro offense or he doesn't make it in this league.

Have you ever played organized sports? They worked on a massive playbook ALL YEAR, and you expected McCoy to completely change it with three games left?

You're crazy, dude.

Edit:

Just re-read your response, and mine didn't address it. That said, YES you adapt your play calling to the talent you have on the field. They simply didn't have time to do that with Tebow.

TXBRONC
01-13-2011, 06:06 PM
There is a lot more to having an offense then running the damn ball! Or did we forget that we still were mediocre with the NFL's best rushing attack for a good number of years under Shanahan... It's about balance, period.

What was their offensive rank in every other category?

Overall Offensive Ranking

2002 - 30th overall
2003 - 15th overall
2004 - 13th overall
2005 - 8th overall
2006 - 27th overall
2007 - 26th overall
2008 - 7th overall
2009 - 21st overall
2010 - 32nd overall

:confused:

Maybe Fox was so conservative on offense because of who had at quarterback? Delhomme had few good years but in many respects he's a lot like Kyle Orton.

Ravage!!!
01-13-2011, 06:06 PM
I dont think Elway will be involved in the development of this offense or Tebow. He's a GM now. He's not a coach, but and overseer. He'll do his best to bring in the best players that fit the needs of the coach. But I highly doubt he'll be on the field helping Tebow, or have much to do with the offense in general.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-13-2011, 06:07 PM
I hope he isn't. That is a good way to undermine your new head coach.

I meant with suggestions, etc., not demands. John also said he would be working with the QBs. Nothing wrong with that.

camdisco24
Maybe Fox was so conservative on offense because of who had at quarterback? Delhomme had few good years but in many respects he's a lot like Kyle Orton.

Anyone who can make Delhomme look good is a good coach. Our offense as it is might be the best Fox has ever coached. Seriously.

topscribe

I know what you mean.

Slapped myself in the face three times . . .

-----

BeefStew25
01-13-2011, 06:08 PM
I meant with suggestions, etc., not demands. John also said he would be working with the QBs. Nothing wrong with that.

Usually a suggestion from a boss is an order. Hire good people and GTFU.

BroncoStud
01-13-2011, 06:08 PM
How much say did Fox have in personnel in Carolina?

camdisco24
01-13-2011, 06:09 PM
I dont think Elway will be involved in the development of this offense or Tebow. He's a GM now. He's not a coach, but and overseer. He'll do his best to bring in the best players that fit the needs of the coach. But I highly doubt he'll be on the field helping Tebow, or have much to do with the offense in general.

idk... I think he'll be, in the very least, a mentor to Tebow. I mean, he's there and he's a legend... might as well use it. Just my opinion.

Day1BroncoFan
01-13-2011, 06:12 PM
I hope he some how has an uncanny nack to find an opponents weakness and game planning to take advantage of the weakness, whether it is against the run, the pass or just blowing up the OL and getting to their passer.

Hell ya!!

Dreadnought
01-13-2011, 06:12 PM
Wasn't always like that....

Delhomme threw for almost 4000yds and had several good seasons passing... which is amazing since it was..well... Jake Delhomme... Fox IS a run-first head coach and maybe that isn't exciting to some, but it is good for Tebow who will need a strong running game as he learns the nuances of being a good NFL QB.

Plus, those Carolina teams weren't scared to throw the ball down the field - which Delhomme always could do before he got utterly washed up.

I'm pretty psyched over the hire. Fox has always struck me as a grown up and a class act. I do not expect him dropping F bombs on players on the sidelines in front of the rest of their peers, so thats an improvement right there :D

Nomad
01-13-2011, 06:14 PM
I hope this works out.

Yep! This is all we can ask!! Welcome to the BRONCOS.....Coach Fox!!

topscribe
01-13-2011, 06:15 PM
Yep! This is all we can ask!! Welcome to the BRONCOS.....Coach Fox!!

/thread :beer:

-----

UnderArmour
01-13-2011, 06:17 PM
Have you ever played organized sports? They worked on a massive playbook ALL YEAR, and you expected McCoy to completely change it with three games left?

You're crazy, dude.

Edit:

Just re-read your response, and mine didn't address it. That said, YES you adapt your play calling to the talent you have on the field. They simply didn't have time to do that with Tebow.

Issue was, McCoy tried to adapt the playcalling towards Tebow but he did it in a way that restricted him. McCoy wasn't letting Tebow play ball against the Raiders or first half against the Texans, anyone who was watching could tell you that. Screen passes? -DESIGNED- QB draws? Talk about not trusting your QB. To McCoy's credit, second half against the Texans he actually started letting Tebow throw the deep ball and started placing some trust in him but it wasn't like he had a choice, being down 17 points. I'm fine with McCoy returning; I liked our passing game last year even after McDaniels left BUT he needs to trust Tebow more and be more aggressive.

Lancane
Plus, those Carolina teams weren't scared to throw the ball down the field - which Delhomme always could do before he got utterly washed up.

I'm pretty psyched over the hire. Fox has always struck me as a grown up and a class act. I do not expect him dropping F bombs on players on the sidelines in front of the rest of their peers, so thats an improvement right there :D

Nothing wrong with a good F' bomb Dread, it actually helps relieve stress and tension. Or at least get's you a good slap across the face from your wife!

:lol:

TXBRONC
Anyone who can make Delhomme look good is a good coach. Our offense as it is might be the best Fox has ever coached. Seriously.

I don't about that Cam but what I do know is that he is experienced head coach who has won in this League and has been to a Super Bowl which is a lot more than most head coaches.

BroncoStud
01-13-2011, 06:19 PM
Nothing wrong with a good F' bomb Dread, it actually helps relieve stress and tension. Or at least get's you a good slap across the face from your wife!

Afterall, Jost was just trying to win the mother f'ing game. :elefant:

Denver Native (Carol)
01-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Rumor flying around - Jim Mora Jr as DC, per the fan.

topscribe
01-13-2011, 06:25 PM
Rumor flying around - Jim Mora Jr as DC, per the fan.

That, I believe, is the more important consideration for coordinator: DEFENSE.

-----

G_Money
01-13-2011, 06:26 PM
*sighs* And what has Jim Mora ever done as DC?

~G

topscribe
01-13-2011, 06:27 PM

My wife just gives me a "you're a fool" look that would make me prefer a slap . . .

-----

Lancane
01-13-2011, 06:27 PM
That, I believe, is the more important consideration for coordinator: DEFENSE.

-----

I have to totally disagree Top, after all...Fox is the DC for all intent purposes. What we need is a real offensive coordinator, someone that can run the offense from top to bottom, McCoy is not a good choice.

I think I'm gonna puke...

:shocked:

Magnificent Seven
01-13-2011, 06:28 PM
Coach Fox knows how to beat Chargers.

topscribe
01-13-2011, 06:31 PM
I have to totally disagree Top, after all...Fox is the DC for all intent purposes. What we need is a real offensive coordinator, someone that can run the offense from top to bottom, McCoy is not a good choice.

I think I'm gonna puke...

:shocked:

Now, you know as well as I the HC can't just be the coordinator. He has to
delegate. Coaches who don't do that invariably run into trouble. He needs a
good DC just as much, if not more, than an OC, in my opinion.

-----

Lancane
01-13-2011, 06:31 PM
My wife just gives me a "you're a fool" look that would make me prefer a slap . . .

-----

I bet your wife has those eyes that make most feel two-inches tall and like a kid go 'What?', doesn't she?

Day1BroncoFan
01-13-2011, 06:32 PM
Coach Fox knows how to beat Chargers.

True, they have beat the chargers 3-1. :2thumbs:

sanluis
01-13-2011, 06:32 PM
Ah crap!!! Not happy with this hire one bit. :tsk:

Oh well, Denver finally did something right after two years of the crazies...

Lancane
01-13-2011, 06:34 PM
Now, you know as well as I the HC can't just be the coordinator. He has to
delegate. Coaches who don't do that invariably run into trouble. He needs a
good DC just as much, if not more, than an OC, in my opinion.

-----

Well, I suppose that is true...But it's, it's McCoy, really...McCoy? Come on what the F', no other offensive coordinators available? Why not just promote Ben McDaniels and be done with it? McCoy? Steve Smith would be a better offensive coordinator then McCoy!

NightTerror218
I do like the fact Fox is a defensive minded coach and that will be his main focus and what we need the most. McCoy (OC) might stay which could help with Tebow development.

Day1BroncoFan
Ah crap!!! Not happy with this hire one bit. :tsk:

Oh well, Denver finally did something right after two years of the crazies...

I'm hopin' you're right.

bcbronc
I like the Fox hire, but his conservative nature is a legit concern. We'll see how it shakes down, b ut I for one am excited about the prospect of having a defense that can actually take over a game.

If your defense can consistantly give you a short field, a solid offense is all you need to put up W's.

Bring back the Orange Crush...4-3 style!
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

arapaho2
01-13-2011, 06:36 PM
I like the Fox hire, but his conservative nature is a legit concern. We'll see how it shakes down, b ut I for one am excited about the prospect of having a defense that can actually take over a game.

If your defense can consistantly give you a short field, a solid offense is all you need to put up W's.

Bring back the Orange Crush...4-3 style!

im pretty certain the orange crush was a 3-4

BroncoJoe
01-13-2011, 06:38 PM
Issue was, McCoy tried to adapt the playcalling towards Tebow but he did it in a way that restricted him. McCoy wasn't letting Tebow play ball against the Raiders or first half against the Texans, anyone who was watching could tell you that. Screen passes? -DESIGNED- QB draws? Talk about not trusting your QB. To McCoy's credit, second half against the Texans he actually started letting Tebow throw the deep ball and started placing some trust in him but it wasn't like he had a choice, being down 17 points. I'm fine with McCoy returning; I liked our passing game last year even after McDaniels left BUT he needs to trust Tebow more and be more aggressive.

Didn't read the whole post, because it just reeks of the same garbage.

For nearly 10 months, they had specific plays they practiced. Those plays include not only the QB, but the OL, receivers, RB's and TE's. Three weeks is NOT enough time to change ALL THAT.

I'm guessing you've never coached anything before.

Krugan
01-13-2011, 06:39 PM
I wasnt one foer a sexy type coach selection(that sounds really wrong), but the fox hire is far to lack luster for me.

Didnt his team just finish worse than ours?

I dont know, but I guess we wait at last 28 games before deciding if this works or not :)

Northman
01-13-2011, 06:40 PM
Didn't read the whole post, because it just reeks of the same garbage.

For nearly 10 months, they had specific plays they practiced. Those plays include not only the QB, but the OL, receivers, RB's and TE's. Three weeks is NOT enough time to change ALL THAT.

I'm guessing you've never coached anything before.

Have to agree with you. Its like people expected Studs to make us a contender in 3 weeks with a rookie QB who hadnt taken hardly any snaps. Im wondering if some of the people on this board understand football at all. :lol:

bcbronc
01-13-2011, 06:42 PM
im pretty certain the orange crush was a 3-4

Which would be why I said 4-3 style....

As for McCoy's playcalling, everybody understands that he couldn't install a new offense, but I'm fairly certain there was more under the "3rd and medium to long" section than just qb keeper up the gut.

NightTerror218
01-13-2011, 06:44 PM
I wasnt one foer a sexy type coach selection(that sounds really wrong), but the fox hire is far to lack luster for me.

Didnt his team just finish worse than ours?

I dont know, but I guess we wait at last 28 games before deciding if this works or not :)

He was also not given the personnel control and lot people like Peppers last year. His team took a huge hit and all they have now is smith.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-13-2011, 06:46 PM
A few minutes ago, on the fan, Stink stated that Fox is a 4-3 guy, and Stink said that both Alfred and he had stated many times that the personnel on the Broncos more fit the 4-3. So, maybe it was not as much the personnel on defense, but rather the scheme they were expected to play.

jhildebrand
01-13-2011, 06:46 PM

This blows.

Geez the guy hasn't even coached a down here yet. Let's give it a shot before we chastise the guy!