PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Trim list to three....

Traveler
01-13-2011, 03:25 PM
Broncos trim coach list to John Fox, Rick Dennison and Dirk Koetter

Read more: Broncos trim coach list to John Fox, Rick Dennison and Dirk Koetter - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17087361#ixzz1AwtnllFq
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Day1BroncoFan
01-13-2011, 03:26 PM
Broncos trim coach list to John Fox, Rick Dennison and Dirk Koetter

Read more: Broncos trim coach list to John Fox, Rick Dennison and Dirk Koetter - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17087361#ixzz1AwtnllFq
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Hope these three aren't shooting blanks. :D

Northman
01-13-2011, 03:30 PM
This is how they should handle the choice (the last 10 seconds of this clip)

Let the tryouts begin!

fk7R_6xqkKw

cardoso
01-13-2011, 03:35 PM
wow i was kind of curious as to what the Giants DC could do here. Im hoping that fox and dennison can both coach here together! i don't care who the head coach would be between them two.

bcbronc
01-13-2011, 03:36 PM
We really brought in some top shelf candidates this time around!
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

G_Money
Fox has a number of years in the league as a head coach, a defensive mentality, and is a grinder who likes the running game. He's been to the playoffs, he has a number of coaching contacts that will make filling out the staff much easier, and since it's not his first rodeo we shouldn't be subjected to the minefield of a first-timer.

Dennison was with the organization forever, starting on the defensive side and schooling himself in both special teams play and in learning Alex's ridiculously-complicated ZBS system. Now he's been learning offense under Shanahan and Kubes. Maybe a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none situation, but the familiarity is there.

Koetter has...um...hang on let me check the article again:

And Koetter, the Jacksonville Jaguars' offensive coordinator and former college head coach, is a sleeper who received the greatest number of recommendations from coaches and executives within the industry.

Right, he got recommendations from coaches and executives that he didn't work for in the league. He's been with the Jags since 2007, coaching an extremely mediocre offense for a mediocre team, after he got fired from ASU for more mediocrity and his habit of rolling over for any worthwhile opponent.

I expect it to be Dennison, even though I think he'll be in over his head and will need a lot of coaching help to pull this off (paging Jim Fassel...) and would have to find a real DC and not a Houston reject.

I would be okay with Fox, assuming our offense gets a bit more exciting than the ones he's been running in Carolina. I don't know that our next coach is going to get us to the Super Bowl any time soon but I want to return to respectability first, thanks.

But Koetter can take his recommendations and move along, please.

~G

BigSarge87
Is it too late to turn this into a poll? Everyone likes them some poll!

Dennison, let's see if he can make the transition to HC, what do we have to lose?

I don't see how having a 'yes man' is any more detrimental than an arrogant failure who may have problems getting along with management. At least they have a vision. (Return to Broncos football)

Dirk
01-13-2011, 03:37 PM
If it's between the 3, I hope they finally give Dennison a chance to show what he is worth.

At first thought, Fox is the better choice, but Rico may have the most upside.

I'm glad I don't have to make the call...

honz
01-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Everyone take a deep breath and remember that fans of ATL and BAL hated the hirings of then no names Harbaugh and Smith. Now look at them.

Buff
01-13-2011, 03:47 PM
I think all three coaches have had 4-3 defenses at their previous jobs, although that's not necessarily an indication of what they'd run here. All things considered, I'd prefer we stick with the 3-4, although I think we could still be successful running a 4-3.

Dennison's defensive coaching experience has come primarily in the 4-3 with the Broncos. Koetter is an offensive guy who ran a 4-3 at ASU, although most colleges don't have the personnel to run a 3-4 even if they wanted to.

Fox apparently can go either way:

Fox said he wouldn't have a problem if the Broncos want to stick with the 3-4 defensive scheme they've employed since 2009 even though he mostly used a 4-3 look in Carolina.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jNOfCZZHy1iM2rln_tQ5PF-lJ-tg?docId=a805cd4af2db46e09259c82a6dc51b7c

Coin flip for me between Dennison and Fox. I don't think Koetter brings enough to the table.

BroncoStud
01-13-2011, 03:48 PM
Everyone take a deep breath and remember that fans of ATL and BAL hated the hirings of then no names Harbaugh and Smith. Now look at them.

Right now John Harbaugh and Mike Smith would look like Lombardi compared to our candidates...

Is this REALLY the best Denver can do? I hope to hell it is Dennison.

BigSarge87
01-13-2011, 03:48 PM
If it's between the 3, I hope they finally give Dennison a chance to show what he is worth.

At first thought, Fox is the better choice, but Rico may have the most upside.

I'm glad I don't have to make the call...

I agree I can see all of them getting us back to 8-8, but of the three, Dennison is the only one who has a shot in hell of turning out to be extraordinary.

Trying to picture him holding the Lombardi...:confused:...Sure, why not?

muse
01-13-2011, 03:55 PM
I think all three coaches have had 4-3 defenses at their previous jobs, although that's not necessarily an indication of what they'd run here. All things considered, I'd prefer we stick with the 3-4, although I think we could still be successful running a 4-3.

Dennison's defensive coaching experience has come primarily in the 4-3 with the Broncos. Koetter is an offensive guy who ran a 4-3 at ASU, although most colleges don't have the personnel to run a 3-4 even if they wanted to.

Fox apparently can go either way:

Coin flip for me between Dennison and Fox. I don't think Koetter brings enough to the table.

Good to hear that from Fox, I personally think that we're better set up for a 3-4, contrary to some opinions round here. Dennison did all his coaching on 4-3 teams, but remember he did play in a 3-4; with our current setup he may want to keep it that way. After being part of the team during the Brownco era and beyond, I hope he realises just how important the DL is...

slim
01-13-2011, 03:57 PM
Mods, please change the title of this thread to "Broncos trim list to one".