PDA

View Full Version : Tebow trade rumors

Dzone
01-13-2011, 09:36 AM
Ridiculous, yes. Just having Tebows name thrown around in trade rumors is beyond belief. Man, this guy has brought life to a dying franchise. Trading Tebow would be a dagger in the heart to Bronco fans. How long before this crap ends? With Tebow, we have a chance to win next year and people have to keep making up trade crap.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/570003-nfl-trade-rumors-10-rumored-trades-to-watch-this-offseason#page/2

MasterShake
01-13-2011, 09:51 AM
Bleacher Report just throwing crap out there to get people to look at their site. The only thing they are saying is that they "think" Elway is not sold on him and "maybe" a team like Buffalo would make a move. No news to report, so they make it up...

chazoe60
01-13-2011, 09:55 AM
Don' sweat it dude. BR is a joke. That was probably written by that dullard Orton.

silkamilkamonico
01-13-2011, 10:26 AM
I am no longer really anti-Tebow, but if Jay Cutler can be discussed being traded coming off a Pro Bowl year, so could Tim Tebow.

Northman
01-13-2011, 10:30 AM
If he gets traded he gets traded, we move on. I think it would be a mistake at this juncture but stranger things would of happened. And then what? We are still stuck with Orton? That would make a lot of people cringe. Im just not sold on whether or not the organization has seen enough to warrant a trade at this point. I mean even guys like Joey Harrington got a longer chance to show what he has. lol

dunk7
01-13-2011, 10:30 AM
Ridiculous, yes. Just having Tebows name thrown around in trade rumors is beyond belief. Man, this guy has brought life to a dying franchise. Trading Tebow would be a dagger in the heart to Bronco fans. How long before this crap ends? With Tebow, we have a chance to win next year and people have to keep making up trade crap.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/570003-nfl-trade-rumors-10-rumored-trades-to-watch-this-offseason#page/2

What so ridiculous about it. If the organization doesn't feel he has the tools or could develop into a winning NFL QB then trade him. You don't keep a guy because his style brought some excitement compared to the donkey that QB'd most of the season.

vettesplus
01-13-2011, 10:40 AM
i truly believe tebow will not be a bronco next year....

TXBRONC
01-13-2011, 10:40 AM
The Bleacher Report? They're about as creditable as a habitual liar. The guy who wrote that sounds like a Peter King wannabe.

BroncoNut
01-13-2011, 10:45 AM
I am no longer really anti-Tebow, but if Jay Cutler can be discussed being traded coming off a Pro Bowl year, so could Tim Tebow.

it's a business and everyone is really for sale

BroncoJoe
01-13-2011, 10:48 AM
it's a business and everyone is really for sale

When you think about the NFL, it's not to different from slavery.

Montana Battlin Bear
01-13-2011, 10:48 AM
i've crapped out turds that had better reading material than bleacher report

Ravage!!!
01-13-2011, 12:12 PM
Now that Luck is off the table and unavailable, there is no reason to trade Tebow. If he (Luck) was still available to draft, then I would be looking at "trade rumors" to be more viable smoke to the possible fire.

As it stands, I don't think there is a reason.

BigDaddyBronco
01-13-2011, 12:21 PM

Well except the guys get paid and don't get beaten if they make a mistake, but yea it's sort of an valid comparison.

slim
01-13-2011, 12:23 PM
Yeah, they are almost exactly opposite, but good comparison.

underrated29
01-13-2011, 12:23 PM
Can we please make a banner at the top of the mian page that says

NO BLEACHER REPORT POSTS HERE!!!

chazoe60
01-13-2011, 12:24 PM

Yeah other than the fact that the players are paid and they are there by their own free will it's exactly like slavery. :rolleyes:

CrazyHorse
01-13-2011, 12:32 PM
I will shit myself if Tebow gets traded.

BroncoJoe
01-13-2011, 12:34 PM
Yeah, they are almost exactly opposite, but good comparison.

Hardly the "opposite" but I get your point too.

You guys are reading WAY too much into my post. Owners "own" the players. That was my point.

Ravage!!!
01-13-2011, 12:35 PM
Yeah other than the fact that the players are paid and they are there by their own free will it's exactly like slavery. :rolleyes:

Making them celebrities, millionaires, and heroes as well. Yeah, pretty much just like slavery. :coffee:

BroncoNut
01-13-2011, 12:39 PM

I agree. The players are the slaves, the team owners are the plantation owners, goodell is the goveernment, caoaches and staff are the overseers, and the fans are the people that buy the agricultural product (cotton).

chazoe60
01-13-2011, 12:39 PM
Being forced to do back breaking manual labor for no money

Getting paid millions to play a game

Pretty much exact opposites. Just saying. Don't let the semantics of it fool you Joe. The jobs most of us have are much more akin to slavery in that if we don't do them we become destitute, football players (a good portion of them anyway) could retire today and never have to work again.

BroncoNut
01-13-2011, 12:40 PM
Making them celebrities, millionaires, and heroes as well. Yeah, pretty much just like slavery. :coffee:

Harriet Tubman is one of my heroes.

chazoe60
01-13-2011, 12:42 PM
Harriet Tubman is one of my heroes.

Did she invent the bath tub?

BroncoJoe
01-13-2011, 12:43 PM

Getting paid millions to play a game

Pretty much exact opposites. Just saying. Don't let the semantics of it fool you Joe. The jobs most of us have are much more akin to slavery in that if we don't do them we become destitute, football players (a good portion of them anyway) could retire today and never have to work again.

If you don't like your job, you can quit it and go to a competitor. If you become destitute, that's on you.

Yes they're millionaires, but everything is relative. Their expenses are on the same % level as you and me probably.

BroncoNut
01-13-2011, 12:44 PM

no, she led the underground railroad bring many slaves to freedom

BroncoNut
01-13-2011, 12:46 PM

not true. slaveowners gave their slaves 3 hots and a cot and took very good care of them.

chazoe60
01-13-2011, 12:47 PM
no, she led the underground railroad bring many slaves to freedom

And then she invented the bath tub?

It would make sense, "underground railroad" sounds awful dirty.

BroncoNut
01-13-2011, 12:48 PM
And then she invented the bath tub?

It would make sense, "underground railroad" sounds awful dirty.

no, but I think she did invent Sheen hair gel, oh, and the doorag. Ricky Williams, another ex slave from Texas, invented the dread locks

PAINTERDAVE
01-13-2011, 12:53 PM
If you don't like your job, you can quit it and go to a competitor. If you become destitute, that's on you.

Yes they're millionaires, but everything is relative. Their expenses are on the same % level as you and me probably.

Only if they choose to run up exorbinant bills...

Several players live in the same building as one of the women I date.
She sees them in the elevator. They are just regular guys like us on a lot of levels..

The only reason a player could not put half a million every year in the bank...
is if he SPENDS more than he brings in.

A guy who makes 900,000 a year could easily put 1/2 a million in the bank.

I'd LOVE to have 400,000 a year as my expense sheet.
Take out of that... mortgage, phone, car payment, etc...
you would still have an easy 300,000 for????

Trips, harlots, extended family, etc.

That is what happened to McKinly... he gambled away all his money.
Seriously, how stupid is that? Earn a ton... gamble away MORE than you earn?

chazoe60
01-13-2011, 12:57 PM
Dave, "One of the women I date". Nice job.

I love my wife I love my wife I love my wife I love my wife.

PAINTERDAVE
01-13-2011, 01:03 PM

You should see the one I met last night.... :listen:

I used to love my ex-wife... until she cheated on me with women.
Yikes. It aint all sexy like most guys think.

Sure, invite some beautiful, man hating, ball cutting, angry, dyke with ulterior motives into your life.

Yeah... it aint all peaches and cream, guys.

BroncoNut
01-13-2011, 01:03 PM
Only if they choose to run up exorbinant bills...

Several players live in the same building as one of the women I date.

can you be any more arrogant?

She sees them in the elevator. They are just regular guys like us on a lot of levels..

no one expects people change entirely at each floor. In fact I have never noticed that with anyone I've ever shared elevator rides with. what exactly is your point here?
The only reason a player could not put half a million every year in the bank...
is if he SPENDS more than he brings in.

A guy who makes 900,000 a year could easily put 1/2 a million in the bank.

before or after taxes?

I'd LOVE to have 400,000 a year as my expense sheet.
Take out of that... mortgage, phone, car payment, etc...
you would still have an easy 300,000 for????

Trips, harlots, extended family, etc.

the thing with money is that if you have it, you will spend it. Your not going to be living in a 300,00 dollar house if you land that kind of salarey

just a few thoughts on this retarded post

topscribe
01-13-2011, 01:04 PM
Can we please make a banner at the top of the mian page that says

NO BLEACHER REPORT POSTS HERE!!!

Aw, they have some good stuff, and they have some controversial stuff. Not
much different than some of the posting we see on message boards. If we
even could ban that, then we should include some of the posters, too
(including me? :D ), IMO . . .

-----

BroncoNut
01-13-2011, 01:06 PM
You should see the one I met last night.... :listen:

I used to love my ex-wife... until she cheated on me with women.
Yikes. It aint all sexy like most guys think.

Sure, invite some beautiful, man hating, ball cutting, angry, dyke with ulterior motives into your life.

Yeah... it aint all peaches and cream, guys.

what if she was a little more friendly and no dyky?

PAINTERDAVE
01-13-2011, 01:09 PM
just a few thoughts on this retarded post

I was making the point that they wear pants and drive cars just like the rest of us, and are not obligated to run up huge bills.

It was in response to a guy saying he thinks they all have the same percentage of expenses.

You want to come back with name calling... says more about you than me.

topscribe
01-13-2011, 01:09 PM

You have four wives? :shocked:

:D

-----

PAINTERDAVE
01-13-2011, 01:15 PM
what if she was a little more friendly and no dyky?

People in general are strange... with all kinds of ulterior motives.
I seldom meet women who are not half crazed.

It really is a challenge being single...
life was so much more settled when I was happily married and raising my family.
My ex destroyed everything we had built together.
In this economy... this day and age... it is no easy task to rebuild one's life.

I'd trade everything now, to be with a great woman. They are few and far between.

I steer clear of those with lesbian tendencies... seriously...
it NEVER works out well.

The momentary cheap thrill wears off real quick.

I find that the guys who fantasize about it are not usually the guys who have experienced it.

Reality is different than dreaming.

Cugel
01-13-2011, 01:17 PM

The reality is that trading Tebow wouldn't be 1/10th as bad as the Cutler trade! Yet fans managed to swallow that and for a year we had ENDLESS idiots yelling that "Orton is a better QB than Cry-Baby Cutler! Good riddance to that whiner!" :coffee:

I'm not in favor of trading Tebow -- who might ultimately become a top rated passer in this league (it's at least possible although he has a lot of work ahead of him).

But, Cutler WAS in the Pro-Bowl and was set to only IMPROVE with a decent offense around him built on a lot of young players like Marshall, Sheffler, Clady, Kuper & Harris in an offensive system that suited their abilities. He was a VASTLY superior player at the time he was traded than Tebow is now!

McDaniels would still have his job and we'd all be getting ready for Denver's home-field playoff opener this weekend (just as Cutler is with the Bears) if he'd kept the offense intact, kept Nolan and concentrated on fixing the defense with some decent players like Orakpo & Clay Matthews instead of useless chodes like Moreno & Ayers (plus whoever he could have gotten in the first round of the 2010 draft instead of wasting a pick on Alphonso Smith).

It's interesting how many of the same people who were shouting down anybody who criticized McMoron for the Cutler fiasco are now howling with rage and disbelief when there's even a wild trade RUMOR in the press about Tebow! :coffee:

topscribe
01-13-2011, 01:19 PM

In this economy... this day and age... it is no easy task to rebuild one's life.

I'd trade everything now, to be with a great woman. They are few and far between.

it NEVER works out well.

I find that the guys who fantasize about it are not usually the guys who have experienced it.

I remember what you went through, Dave. I know it was a hard thing for you.
It's all over and behind you now, my friend. You need to shut the door to
the past, develop a new dream, and live it. I speak from experience. :)

-----

BroncoNut
01-13-2011, 01:21 PM

it NEVER works out well.

I was pretty much kidding. I appreciate your insight there. I agree with you on women. I think good ones with the real big titties are far and few between indeed. :lol:

seriously though, yeah, most of them are half crazed, and quite frankly, scare me.

BroncoNut
01-13-2011, 01:22 PM
I didn't know Painter Dave when all this went down. didn't mean to bring up a bad thing.

topscribe
01-13-2011, 01:23 PM
I didn't know Painter Dave when all this went down. didn't mean to bring up a bad thing.

You're a good guy, Nut.

But enough of all this gushing. :focus:

-----

slim
01-13-2011, 01:25 PM
You're a good guy, Nut.

-----

You mean you really want to discuss an unfounded internet rumor?

PAINTERDAVE
01-13-2011, 01:26 PM
The reality is that trading Tebow wouldn't be 1/10th as bad as the Cutler trade! Yet fans managed to swallow that and for a year we had ENDLESS idiots yelling that "Orton is a better QB than Cry-Baby Cutler! Good riddance to that whiner!" :coffee:

I'm not in favor of trading Tebow -- who might ultimately become a top rated passer in this league (it's at least possible although he has a lot of work ahead of him).

But, Cutler WAS in the Pro-Bowl and was set to only IMPROVE with a decent offense around him built on a lot of young players like Marshall, Sheffler, Clady, Kuper & Harris in an offensive system that suited their abilities. He was a VASTLY superior player at the time he was traded than Tebow is now!

McDaniels would still have his job and we'd all be getting ready for Denver's home-field playoff opener this weekend (just as Cutler is with the Bears) if he'd kept the offense intact, kept Nolan and concentrated on fixing the defense with some decent players like Orakpo & Clay Matthews instead of useless chodes like Moreno & Ayers (plus whoever he could have gotten in the first round of the 2010 draft instead of wasting a pick on Alphonso Smith).

It's interesting how many of the same people who were shouting down anybody who criticized McMoron for the Cutler fiasco are now howling with rage and disbelief when there's even a wild trade RUMOR in the press about Tebow! :coffee:

Good post.

It also points out a reason, I think, that so many of us are a bit skittery about them letting Tebow go.

We are still a bit shell shocked over the Cutler fiasco.
Heck... I still have an authentic Cutler Jerey.
I thought they guy was gonna lead us to the promised land.
Josh killed that dream.

Now... we have had Tebow for a season.. invested a year in him...
he shows signs of hope for us...
we have NO credible alternative (sorry Top, it's just how I see it)
and the thought of trading Tim away as an un-polished rock...
just to see him go to anther team and become a gemstone would simply be a dagger in the heart.

And what.. we draft another rookie QB? Great.

Cugel
01-13-2011, 01:27 PM

I hope that was a joke! :laugh:

(Cause otherwise it's about the dumbest thing I've ever read!) :eek:

slim
01-13-2011, 01:27 PM
I agree. The players are the slaves, the team owners are the plantation owners, goodell is the goveernment, caoaches and staff are the overseers, and the fans are the people that buy the agricultural product (cotton).

And Dan Rooney is Abe Lincoln?

BroncoNut
01-13-2011, 01:31 PM
You're a good guy, Nut.

-----

O.,K. sorry :hug:

topscribe
01-13-2011, 01:32 PM
You mean you really want to discuss an unfounded internet rumor?

Um . . . my mistake . . . :redface:

-----

topscribe
01-13-2011, 01:32 PM
O.,K. sorry :hug:

eeeewwwww . . .

-----

Cugel
01-13-2011, 01:34 PM
Good post.

It also points out a reason, I think, that so many of us are a bit skittery about them letting Tebow go.

We are still a bit shell shocked over the Cutler fiasco.
Heck... I still have an authentic Cutler Jerey.
I thought they guy was gonna lead us to the promised land.
Josh killed that dream.

Now... we have had Tebow for a season.. invested a year in him...
he shows signs of hope for us...
we have NO credible alternative (sorry Top, it's just how I see it)
and the thought of trading Tim away as an un-polished rock...
just to see him go to anther team and become a gemstone would simply be a dagger in the heart.

And what.. we draft another rookie QB? Great.

Don't blame you a BIT man for being shell-shocked! It's just ironic.

What killed me about the Cutler trade was KNOWING that it would inevitably set the franchise back at LEAST FIVE YEARS. It was totally inevitable.

I pointed this out at the time amid MUCH flaming, mocking and insult from the McDaniels-deluded and the "Orton's Army" folks:

Year 1 (2009) draft a new franchise QB to replace Cutler because Orton would obviously never do (and I got hit with INTENSE flack for saying that).

Year 4 He's ready to lead the team to the SB. (That's how long it took Elway to get to the SB after "the Drive" in Cleveland), his 4th season!

Thus the EARLIEST that Denver could HOPE to get back to the SB after the Cutler fiasco would be around 2013. Assuming absolutely everything went well including finding a QB as good as Cutler in the draft, training him up to be as good as Cutler was when he was traded, and fixing the defense as well.

Of course, we all know things did NOT go well at all. :coffee:

Of course, McDaniels did NOT draft a replacement QB in 2009 with any of the draft picks he wasted on Moreno & Ayers. Plus, he got rid of all the OTHER talent (taking Champ Bailey's contract off the table might have been the final "adding insult to injury" just before he was ridden out of town).

Thus, we're probably looking at around 2015 realistically speaking (not wearing Homer glasses) before Denver has a real shot at the SB. And that's assuming absolutely EVERYTHING goes exactly right from here on out:

1. Getting great new coach.
2. Drafting great talent to fix the defense. And getting a DC who creates a great scheme.
3. Tebow becomes a Pro-Bowl passer.
4. The offense is fixed back to the powerful machine it was in 2008.

So, all in all, McDaniels probably set this franchise back a minimum of SIX YEARS!

PAINTERDAVE
01-13-2011, 01:35 PM
I hope that was a joke! :laugh:

(Cause otherwise it's about the dumbest thing I've ever read!) :eek:

It's like when I was an 8th grade SS teacher...
and one test question was...

5) Who was Pennsylvania named after? (William Penn)

One kid came back with - Lord Pencil?

Cugel
01-13-2011, 01:48 PM
not true. slaveowners gave their slaves 3 hots and a cot and took very good care of them.

Yup! Fried chicken and watermelon every day! They were singing in the fields with joy! Infant mortality wasn't over 50%! Those negroes never had it so good. :coffee: :rolleyes:

slim
01-13-2011, 01:49 PM
Oh my...

Cugel
01-13-2011, 01:50 PM
It's like when I was an 8th grade SS teacher...
and one test question was...

5) Who was Pennsylvania named after? (William Penn)

One kid came back with - Lord Pencil?

Did that actually happen to YOU or was that one of those apocryphal tales? Really? :laugh:

KCL
01-13-2011, 01:52 PM
If he gets traded he gets traded, we move on. I think it would be a mistake at this juncture but stranger things would of happened. And then what? We are still stuck with Orton? That would make a lot of people cringe. Im just not sold on whether or not the organization has seen enough to warrant a trade at this point. I mean even guys like Joey Harrington got a longer chance to show what he has. lol

Same for Croyle..Chiefs fans are still waiting to see if he can complete a pass?:tsk::rolleyes::shocked::lol:

BroncoNut
01-13-2011, 01:59 PM
Yup! Fried chicken and watermelon every day! They were singing in the fields with joy! Infant mortality wasn't over 50%! Those negroes never had it so good. :coffee: :rolleyes:

Now, I did not say that.

topscribe
01-13-2011, 02:00 PM
Did that actually happen to YOU or was that one of those apocryphal tales? Really? :laugh:

You're familiar with Mark Twain. Thing about Twain was that you never knew
whether he had experienced his anecdotes or made them up. That is what
made him so good and so memorable.

Painter is our Mark Twain. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

-----

BroncoNut
01-13-2011, 02:01 PM
You're familiar with Mark Twain. Thing about Twain was that you never knew
whether he had experienced his anecdotes or had actually lived them. That is
what made him so good and so memorable.

Painter is our Mark Twain. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

-----

I find Painter to be an interesting guy.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-13-2011, 02:24 PM

bleacher report - say no more

Northman
01-13-2011, 02:37 PM
This shit is priceless, now we are talking about slavery. haha! I love this site.

Ravage!!!
01-13-2011, 02:38 PM
This shit is priceless, now we are talking about slavery. haha! I love this site.

Well... the NFL is basically the same

Chris90210
01-13-2011, 02:41 PM
And Dan Rooney is Abe Lincoln?

And Elizabeth taylor is Bigfoot.

http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/2007_I_Now_Pronounce_You_Chuck_And_Larry/007CNL_Blake_Clark_002.jpg

BroncoJoe
01-13-2011, 02:41 PM

It was an off the cuff statement which not only holds some validity, but was also taken to the extreme.

One definition of being a slave is: a person who is owned by someone.

There is a correlation there, some wanted to take it in another direction. If my employer came to me and said "we're trading you to XYZ company in the Antarctic", I can tell him to F-off and head to another company in the same industry. Not so much in the NFL.

Montana Battlin Bear
01-13-2011, 02:43 PM
why can't stevie wonder read?

slim
01-13-2011, 02:46 PM
Jesus. It was an off the cuff statement which not only holds some validity, but was also taken to the extreme.

There is a correlation there, some wanted to take it in another direction. If my employer came to me and said "we're trading you to XYZ company in the Antarctic", I can tell him to F-off and head to another company in the same industry. Not so much in the NFL.

When I first saw your post, I thought you must be drunk.

But once you explained where you were coming from, it made perfect sense.

I wish my boss would trade me to Colorado :listen:

BroncoNut
01-13-2011, 02:51 PM
Jesus. It was an off the cuff statement which not only holds some validity, but was also taken to the extreme.

Please refrain from using The Lord's name in vain. alot of times I will say Oh my gosh or jeepers creepers, or even golly gee to prevent myself from doing that

BroncoJoe
01-13-2011, 02:52 PM
Some players in the not so distant past referred to themselves as slaves to the NFL.

BroncoJoe
01-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Please refrain from using The Lord's name in vain. alot of times I will say Oh my gosh or jeepers creepers, or even golly gee to prevent myself from doing that

Thank you Nut. I strive to not do that, but clearly made a mistake there. I'm going to edit it now.

bcbronc
01-13-2011, 02:53 PM

Wtf? The guy didn't even mention Tebow.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

WARHORSE
01-13-2011, 02:54 PM
Guess I better stay on topic.

1. Maybe we should start a 'slave' forum?

2. Women are women are women. Men are men are men. May the women be women, and the men be men.

3. Well, if we trade Tebow, I guess we could spend the year looking forward to drafting Luck, cause we may end up having the record to do it.

Is Delhomme available?:tsk:

BigDaddyBronco
01-13-2011, 02:55 PM
LOL. Joe you are a retard, but I love you man.

BroncoJoe
01-13-2011, 02:56 PM
LOL. Joe you are a retard, but I love you man.

Retard is a bit strong, but I do like me some Coors Light and/or Crown and Coke.

BroncoNut
01-13-2011, 03:01 PM
Wtf? The guy didn't even mention Tebow.

:lol: awesome

BigDaddyBronco
01-13-2011, 03:02 PM
Retard is a bit strong, but I do like me some Coors Light and/or Crown and Coke.
Man, we need to do that again.

cardoso
01-13-2011, 03:03 PM

and that was done my an incompetent idiot coach. what did we get out of it and where has it got us?

ever heard learn from your mistakes?

You think chicago would do the trade again?? hell yes they would. Chicago is now gettting a chance to play for a chance to go to the nfc championship and we're at home debating who we should draft with the #2 overal pick. :tsk:

BroncoNut
01-13-2011, 03:03 PM

retard isn't what it used to mean when we were growing up. I, BroncoJoe, am mentally retarded. Just say it

BroncoJoe
01-13-2011, 03:04 PM
Man, we need to do that again.

You're not as far away anymore BigDaddy.

Next year for sure, but I'm not going to drink as much. I can't afford to have Buff soil my washer's skills again.

BroncoJoe
01-13-2011, 03:04 PM
retard isn't what it used to mean when we were growing up. I, BroncoJoe, am mentally retarded. Just say it

"it"

BigDaddyBronco
01-13-2011, 03:05 PM
You're not as far away anymore BigDaddy.

Next year for sure, but I'm not going to drink as much. I can't afford to have Buff soil my washer's skills again.

I thought I was going to fall over climbing up to those nosebleeds. Oh, I'll probably drink that much again. :D

BroncoJoe
01-13-2011, 03:06 PM
I thought I was going to fall over climbing up to those nosebleeds. Oh, I'll probably drink that much again. :D

Me too.

Just don't tell MrsBJ...

cardoso
01-13-2011, 03:33 PM
Well... the NFL is basically the same

yea because Slaves used to have fame and fortune and the lowest paid nfl player makes more money than us combined in only 5 months. yea basically the same thing.:coffee:

bcbronc
01-13-2011, 03:34 PM
and that was done my an incompetent idiot coach. what did we get out of it and where has it got us?

ever heard learn from your mistakes?

You think chicago would do the trade again?? hell yes they would. Chicago is now gettting a chance to play for a chance to go to the nfc championship and we're at home debating who we should draft with the #2 overal pick. :tsk:

Ya, and its definitely CHI's 13th ranked offense (in the NFC) that's got them there.

Anyone think Cutler would have brought us a better record this year? Without a top 5 defense?

The sooner everyone just accepts that Brady Q is the future of Orange and Blue, the happier we'll all be.

Northman
01-13-2011, 03:38 PM
It was an off the cuff statement which not only holds some validity, but was also taken to the extreme.

Still not the same thing but for starters im just busting your guys balls. However, in the NFL there are contracts that these players sign which is not the same for the average joe. So while these organizations do hold the rights to these players they do not have to do as they say. There's no guy waiting there with a whip or gun to say they HAVE to do anything. Sure, they will lose money but they really are not forced to do anything.

Secondly, slaves never had a choice nor got paid handsomely to work. Players in the NFL all have a choice of whether to sign on the dotted line or not. So really its not the same thing.

BroncoJoe
01-13-2011, 03:42 PM
Still not the same thing but for starters im just busting your guys balls. However, in the NFL there are contracts that these players sign which is not the same for the average joe. So while these organizations do hold the rights to these players they do not have to do as they say. There's no guy waiting there with a whip or gun to say they HAVE to do anything. Sure, they will lose money but they really are not forced to do anything.

Secondly, slaves never had a choice nor got paid handsomely to work. Players in the NFL all have a choice of whether to sign on the dotted line or not. So really its not the same thing.

Like I said, it's been taken WAY out of context.

Day1BroncoFan
01-13-2011, 03:48 PM
Ya, and its definitely CHI's 13th ranked offense (in the NFC) that's got them there.

Anyone think Cutler would have brought us a better record this year? Without a top 5 defense?

The sooner everyone just accepts that Brady Q is the future of Orange and Blue, the happier we'll all be.

OMG! :shocked:

Please NO!

topscribe
01-13-2011, 03:50 PM

I hope that final sentence here was made in the spirit of sarcasm . . . :nod:

-----

BroncoStud
01-13-2011, 03:54 PM

Cutler had the Broncos at 8-8 with one of the worst defenses in the NFL in 2008...

topscribe
01-13-2011, 04:31 PM
Cutler had the Broncos at 8-8 with one of the worst defenses in the NFL in 2008...

And, apparently unknown to many here, one of the best running games (4.8 YPA, #3 in league).

-----

Ravage!!!
01-13-2011, 05:04 PM
And, apparently unknown to many here, one of the best running games (4.8 YPA, #3 in league).

-----

We didn't run the ball much when we threw the ball over 600 times in the season, and we were down to our 7th RB. That 4.8 just goes to show you how stats, alone, can be so VERY VERY deceiving.

topscribe
01-13-2011, 05:13 PM
We didn't run the ball much when we threw the ball over 600 times in the season, and we were down to our 7th RB. That 4.8 just goes to show you how stats, alone, can be so VERY VERY deceiving.

I don't care if Pee Wee Herman was running the ball.

4,8 is 4.8. #3 is #3. Denver had one of the best in the league, per run. That
is what matters: per run. Not necessarily how many times it was run. What is
misleading is number of times it was run and total yardage. What really
counts is how much they gained per attempt.

If you are going to gain 4.8 yards average every time you run the ball,
defenses are going to respect your run, which helps to release the pass.
Bottom line.

-----

Ravage!!!
01-13-2011, 05:24 PM

Bottom line.

-----

Well.. you are wrong there. If a WR only catches 10 passes in the season, but averages 15 yrds per catch, I'm sure the guy that catches 80+ most probably isn't going to the same average per catch. Fewer catches means less opportunity to lower the numbers.

Did you WATCH the 2008 season? Because there was NO respect for our run, and there shouldn't have been. We didn't run 4.8 yards a carry because people respected our run. We averaged that much because the defenses were FLYING back into zones to cover against the pass, and we would get off a good draw on 3rd and long.

Hell, our own team didn't respect our running game in 2008, hence why we passed for nearly every down.

T.K.O.
01-13-2011, 05:29 PM
here's a couple interesting qoutes about tebow from players......i found Lloyds comment to be very interesting considering it was orton who fed him the rock in his only probowl year to date:confused:
but it's a very good sign that the vets seem to think tebow can get it done !!!!

"He's one of those individuals who's going to take those hits because he doesn't want to go down. When you have individuals who will fight and scrap for every yard, that's someone that guys will want to hitch their caboose to, and move forward with."
--Broncos veteran safety Brian Dawkins, about rookie quarterback Tim Tebow.

"I don't see why he shouldn't be."
--Broncos wide receiver Brandon Lloyd, when asked if Tim Tebow should be the Broncos starting QB next season.

:salute:

PAINTERDAVE
01-13-2011, 06:00 PM

Yes.. I used to teach and this answer came across my desk...

Lord Pencil....:confused:

topscribe
01-13-2011, 06:20 PM
Well.. you are wrong there. If a WR only catches 10 passes in the season, but averages 15 yrds per catch, I'm sure the guy that catches 80+ most probably isn't going to the same average per catch. Fewer catches means less opportunity to lower the numbers.

Did you WATCH the 2008 season? Because there was NO respect for our run, and there shouldn't have been. We didn't run 4.8 yards a carry because people respected our run. We averaged that much because the defenses were FLYING back into zones to cover against the pass, and we would get off a good draw on 3rd and long.

Hell, our own team didn't respect our running game in 2008, hence why we passed for nearly every down.

A horrible analogy. The running game is not a WR catching passes. The WR
does not necessarily have the choice as to how many passes he caught.
The running game is by choice. And every time they chose to run, they
gained 4.8 yards, on average, good for #3 in the league.

Now, regardless of how you view it, that makes a defense respect the run.
They cannot lay back and just play the pass if the RB is going to get five
yards every time he totes the rock. It's not going to happen.

And I saw every game. From a QB's eyes.

-----

Dzone
01-13-2011, 06:23 PM
Fox would look tougher if he bought a bottle of "Just for Men" hair color...

Day1BroncoFan
01-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Fox would look tougher if he bought a bottle of "Just for Men" hair color...

Just not Jack Daniels. :laugh:

bcbronc
01-13-2011, 06:28 PM

Bottom line.

-----

I have to agree with Rav here. When it's third and 9 an 8 yard draw looks good on the YPC but its still a punt.

As to 8-8...big whoop. As Shania would say, that don't impress me much.

Ravage!!!
01-13-2011, 06:40 PM
A horrible analogy. The running game is not a WR catching passes. The WR
does not necessarily have the choice as to how many passes he caught.
The running game is by choice. And every time they chose to run, they
gained 4.8 yards, on average, good for #3 in the league.

Now, regardless of how you view it, that makes a defense respect the run.
They cannot lay back and just play the pass if the RB is going to get five
yards every time he totes the rock. It's not going to happen.

And I saw every game. From a QB's eyes.

-----
Dude don't give me this "from a QBs eyes" joke :lol: I've played more QB than you have through our football careers

NO ONE respected our run game that year. I know you are doing your best to find advantages that Cutler had over Orton because Cutler had an 8-8 record with as bad of a defense....but it sure as hell was NOT the running game when we went through 7 RBs and threw the ball 618 times.

Teams were backpedaling against us from the snap because EVERYONE knew we were going to throw the ball. The difference is, they backpedaled to defend the pass in 2008 when they knew we were going to throw, but crowded the line and FORCED us to throw in 2010.

In 2008, the Carolina panthers average 4.8 ypc... but they rushed the ball with their RBs, 479 tiems that year, nd we ran it a measly 317 with our RBs. Just to compare, Matt Forte ran the ball 316 times in 2008 in Chicago by himself. Our leading rusher, rushed the ball 68 times for the season.

So please don't tell me that the YPC is the 'tell all' of a run game. THats completely false, and my comparison was right-on with the WR. If a RB (or group of RBs) dont' run as often, they will most likely have a higher average. Same with WRs and catches. I wasn't talking about Number of catches for the team, but the number of catches for an individual. THus, the only catches that count are those that go TO the WR, his choice or not. Fewer catches will result in higher YPC.

Believe what you wnt if it makes you feel better, but our run game was NOT good in 2008. I guess those "QB eyes" need to be checked, as I think they were the same "QB eyes" that were telling me how good Orton is. :D (cheap shot, I know, but it had to be said since you used the "QB eyes" thing).

topscribe
01-13-2011, 06:50 PM
I have to agree with Rav here. When it's third and 9 an 8 yard draw looks good on the YPC but its still a punt.

Again, bad example. A draw on 3rd and 9, or anything beyond 3 yards, is not
a normal play, unless the play-caller is a total idiot, and Shanny was the play-
caller. First and second downs are the running downs, and generally third-and-
two or less.

Which brings up another point: A good running game means shorter third-
down distances. I would like to see the third-down statistics for 2008.

Anyway, there is a vast difference between a #32 running game (2010)
and a #3 running game (2008) in YAC. That is a monstrous difference for
the QB . . . trust me.

-----

BroncoJoe
01-13-2011, 06:52 PM

http://www.celebritysmackblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/shania.jpg

topscribe
01-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Dude don't give me this "from a QBs eyes" joke :lol: I've played more QB than you have through our football careers

NO ONE respected our run game that year. I know you are doing your best to find advantages that Cutler had over Orton because Cutler had an 8-8 record with as bad of a defense....but it sure as hell was NOT the running game when we went through 7 RBs and threw the ball 618 times.

Teams were backpedaling against us from the snap because EVERYONE knew we were going to throw the ball. The difference is, they backpedaled to defend the pass in 2008 when they knew we were going to throw, but crowded the line and FORCED us to throw in 2010.

In 2008, the Carolina panthers average 4.8 ypc... but they rushed the ball with their RBs, 479 tiems that year, nd we ran it a measly 317 with our RBs. Just to compare, Matt Forte ran the ball 316 times in 2008 in Chicago by himself. Our leading rusher, rushed the ball 68 times for the season.

So please don't tell me that the YPC is the 'tell all' of a run game. THats completely false, and my comparison was right-on with the WR. If a RB (or group of RBs) dont' run as often, they will most likely have a higher average. Same with WRs and catches. I wasn't talking about Number of catches for the team, but the number of catches for an individual. THus, the only catches that count are those that go TO the WR, his choice or not. Fewer catches will result in higher YPC.

Believe what you wnt if it makes you feel better, but our run game was NOT good in 2008. I guess those "QB eyes" need to be checked, as I think they were the same "QB eyes" that were telling me how good Orton is. :D (cheap shot, I know, but it had to be said since you used the "QB eyes" thing).

How much quarterback have I played, Rav?

And yes, my view on Orton shows my superiority to you in observance. ;)

You are a case, Rav. I guess that's why I love ya so much. :D

-----

bcbronc
01-13-2011, 06:59 PM
Again, bad example. A draw on 3rd and 9, or anything beyond 3 yards, is not
a normal play, unless the play-caller is a total idiot, and Shanny was the play-
caller. First and second downs are the running downs, and generally third-and-
two or less.

Which brings up another point: A good running game means shorter third-
down distances. I would like to see the third-down statistics for 2008.

Anyway, there is a vast difference between a #32 running game (2010)
and a #3 running game (2008) in YAC. That is a monstrous difference for
the QB . . . trust me.

-----

I dunno, if our running game was so effective, why did we have to throw over 600 times? Its not like shanny has traditionally been a throw-first kind of guy. Something isn't adding up.

But what-evs.

topscribe
01-13-2011, 07:02 PM
I dunno, if our running game was so effective, why did we have to throw over 600 times? Its not like shanny has traditionally been a throw-first kind of guy. Something isn't adding up.

But what-evs.

Yeah, it's only a discussion. After all, you could be wrong.

Kidding. Agree to disagree at this point. Nice discussion. Even Ravage. :laugh:

-----

claymore
01-13-2011, 07:24 PM
What are we going to do if Orton beats out Tebow in Training camp?

PAINTERDAVE
01-13-2011, 08:40 PM
It could happen...
Orton is really good when there is no pressure.

We all know, however, what he does in real game time.

Elway is gonna have to fill Fox in..
sit him down and show him a few phantom sacks...
the pick 6 that started the Raiders debacle.

hotcarl
01-13-2011, 08:41 PM
It could happen...

thanks dad

Magnificent Seven
01-13-2011, 08:51 PM
Please delete this thread. Fox & Tebow Era Begins Soon!

topscribe
01-13-2011, 08:59 PM
It could happen...

You think, then, Elway perhaps ought to hide the two 95+ yard TD Drives against
NE in the same game, or the three TD passes in the 4th quarter against St.
Louis? You know, a few of those games?

-----