PDA

View Full Version : Purdue's DE Ryan Kerrigan

Magnificent Seven
01-13-2011, 01:47 AM
What do you think of Ryan Kerrigan? He's a beast and I was wondering would you like to have him on Denver's defense team?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St9j5K6STws

Lancane
01-13-2011, 02:17 AM
What do you think of Ryan Kerrigan? He's a beast and I was wondering would you like to have him on Denver's defense team?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St9j5K6STws

He'd be a good addition as a rush linebacker in the mid teens to mid late first round.

DenBronx
01-13-2011, 02:19 AM
Worth a look but not in the first.

dogfish
01-13-2011, 02:30 AM
He'd be a good addition as a rush linebacker in the mid teens to mid late first round.

you think he projects better to rushbacker than 43 end?

Lancane
01-13-2011, 02:44 AM
you think he projects better to rushbacker than 43 end?

He's a tad light, but could be a solid strong side defensive end in the 4-3, he's not way undersized, but he is smaller than Ayers, so would make a better rush linebacker then Ayers, or that is my opinion at least.

dogfish
01-13-2011, 02:45 AM
He's a tad light, but could be a solid strong side defensive end in the 4-3, he's not way undersized, but he is smaller than Ayers, so would make a better rush linebacker then Ayers, or that is my opinion at least.

i know his rep but i'm not super familiar with him-- does he have the athleticism to drop in coverage regularly?

Lancane
01-13-2011, 02:50 AM
i know his rep but i'm not super familiar with him-- does he have the athleticism to drop in coverage regularly?

He would need to work on that, but I think he'd do well against a fair number of tight ends at the pro level, I'd be able to say more depending on what we see at the combine, vertical drills and so forth, but I think he would be one that could transition well to either position. He was the Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year (2010) and the Big Ten Defensive Lineman of the Year (2010).

Bosco
01-13-2011, 03:00 AM
With Dumervil and Ayers, I don't see much point to dropping more premium resources into OLBs.

Lancane
01-13-2011, 03:09 AM
With Dumervil and Ayers, I don't see much point to dropping more premium resources into OLBs.

Maybe not Bosco, but I don't really think Ayers is a good fit at the rush linebacker position, and if we stick to the 3-4, I'd like to see Ayers gain five to ten pounds and become more of a true 3-4 defensive end and if we go back to the 4-3, well then we have our starting left end already, Kerrigan would be solid on the right in that case as well.

Bosco
01-13-2011, 04:20 AM
Maybe not Bosco, but I don't really think Ayers is a good fit at the rush linebacker position, and if we stick to the 3-4, I'd like to see Ayers gain five to ten pounds and become more of a true 3-4 defensive end and if we go back to the 4-3, well then we have our starting left end already, Kerrigan would be solid on the right in that case as well.

Once Dumervil is back then Ayers doesn't have to be worrying about pass rushing that much. He'll be back to being the SOLB which is a more versatile, jack of all trades type position.

TXBRONC
01-13-2011, 10:47 AM

The Steelers invest in premium linebackers regularly.