PDA

View Full Version : The Broncos bandwagon doesn't want you

BuffCreek65
09-15-2008, 03:51 PM
This made me laugh! It's my son's friend, go ahead check it out.

The following is a real conversation.

Friend: “Man I love watching the Broncos they are so fun.”
Me: “Please stop speaking this nonsense.” (I talk like an English baron on the weekend)
Friend: “Don’t you like the Broncos?”
Me: “Yes, that is why I ask that you not like them.”

And this is the plea I have for the rest of you: odds makers, NFL fans, mothers, brothers, fathers and sisters. Don’t like the Denver Broncos. Please.

Remember yesterday when they beat the San Diego Chargers? Questionable call, right? Then they went for two. Exciting? No way. Sure it was awesome to see Jay Cutler’s laser arm and Eddie Royal’s firm grasp on the ball two times for a win. It was even better to see Brandon Marshall grab 18 catches – or Tony Scheffler’s two TDs. Or, how about the week before in Oakland, when the world was introduced to a potential light’s out offense, and a possible AFC West winner? Get out of here. You don’t want to watch that.

Forget that Mike Shanahan has bounced back to the make the playoffs following each of his four losing seasons. Or that he predicted the Broncos would make the playoffs. That should piss you off, you non-Broncos fans out there.

Just in case you find yourself enticed to tune in, you know, “just to see what’s going on with the Broncos,” don’t. If you need a reason, or two, to hate the Broncos – keep these fun facts in mind.

-Let’s start with Jay Cutler—He went to Vanderbilt. How can you possibly like a Commodore? Commodores are likely to prompt spontaneous dance with “Brick House” than the breeding ground for an NFL QB. Plus, Vanderbilt is known as the Harvard of the South and educated Skip Bayless, and Cutler scored in the 20’s on his Wonderlic. Hate that college boy. Not to mention, while most of us are holed up on the couch with a remote attempting to eat ourselves into diabetic shock, he’s taking insulin shots and playing football. There is no reason you should like a smart-Ivy League-Commodore-diabetic. Plus, Cutler told me in an e-mail that he hates you and baby seals. He’s not Commodore, he’s a communist.

-Bill Romanowski played for the Broncos and is considered one of the meanest and dirtiest players in the history of the NFL. Trust me, he hates you (and himself). Remember when “Romo” broke Carolina QB Kerry Collins’ jaw in preseason? How about when he spit in the face of J.J. Stokes? Or, when he hit Bryan Cox with a ball to the balls. “Romo” also went on to end Marcus Williams’ career when he punched Williams in the face, destroying his eye socket and ending his career while in Oakland. (Please note: Romo is nuts … and in no way are his actions adored by anyone in Denver. That I can promise you.)

-When is the last time you said to yourself, “Man, I am totally comfortable picking a Broncos running back for my Fantasy team?” You haven’t, won’t and can’t. Shanahan nearly invented the RB by Committee and told me, in no certain terms or real conversation, that he hates fantasy football players.

-You’ve probably lost money betting on the Broncos. Last season, they were a miserable 5-11 against the spread. Which means you bet them, lost money, and then had to tell your children/wife that they will have to be happy with a birthday trip to Dollar Tree.

To Read More, Click Here ... (http://www.opensports.com/community/user/blog_entry/52/550392ef-56c0-48aa-ad7c-05cc577828fa)

underrated29
09-15-2008, 03:59 PM
i miss the barrell man. We need someone to come up with a new thing like that.

How about the Keg Man!

anyways nice.

shank
09-15-2008, 04:41 PM
that's good, thanks for posting.

must bleed orange and blue to get on our wagon, and it's a lifetime ride.

frauschieze
09-15-2008, 05:05 PM
LMAO! Your son has good taste in friends.

Cutler hates baby seals. I wonder how Bronx feels about that. :laugh:

denbroncofan26
09-15-2008, 05:30 PM
good stuff, very true. I hate these ppl that havent worn their broncos jersey or watched a game since elway. They hear that the team is doin good and they decide to put their tom brady jersey in the drawer and bust out the old elway one...drives me mad

dogfish
09-15-2008, 05:33 PM
pretty amusing. . .

am i the only one that sees the irony of a guy posting a link to his "don't jump on the bandwagon" blog post as his second post here?

:lol:

Cugel
09-15-2008, 05:37 PM
Very amusing, but utterly stupid! What fans think has ZERO bearing on games. None whatever. Nada.

What the players and coaches do will determine what happens this season. What the fans do will not.

Whether people love the Broncos nationwide or despise them will have not the slightest impact.

What is it about fans that they think that somehow the people who sit in the stands drinking beer or even more likely, watch on TV are causing the team to win or lose? :laugh:

denbroncofan26
09-15-2008, 05:37 PM
pretty amusing. . .

am i the only one that sees the irony of a guy posting a link to his "don't jump on the bandwagon" blog post as his second post here?

:lol:

Ya thats funny but remember posts do not always reflect fanhood. I hardly have any posts but Ive been getting on this site for all my Broncos related news for like four years now and have been a fan for life...

denbroncofan26
09-15-2008, 05:38 PM
Very amusing, but utterly stupid! What fans think has ZERO bearing on games. None whatever. Nada.

What the players and coaches do will determine what happens this season. What the fans do will not.

Whether people love the Broncos nationwide or despise them will have not the slightest impact.

What is it about fans that they think that somehow the people who sit in the stands drinking beer or even more likely, watch on TV are causing the team to win or lose? :laugh:

Nobody seriously believe that fans watching will affect how the team plays, its just a joke man...

Day1BroncoFan
09-15-2008, 05:48 PM
Ya thats funny but remember posts do not always reflect fanhood. I hardly have any posts but Ive been getting on this site for all my Broncos related news for like four years now and have been a fan for life...

This site has only been around for a little more than a year, you must be thinking of another site. :D

denbroncofan26
09-15-2008, 05:52 PM
This site has only been around for a little more than a year, you must be thinking of another site. :D

It was the old version of this same site, been around for a long time. I think it was called broncosfreak.com before this

BroncoWave
09-15-2008, 06:33 PM
It was the old version of this same site, been around for a long time. I think it was called broncosfreak.com before this
This site isn't affiliated with the Freak.

omac
09-15-2008, 06:39 PM

Although it's grown bigger and more fun with a lot of freaks. :cheers:

blueblood15
09-15-2008, 07:21 PM
This made me laugh! It's my son's friend, go ahead check it out.

The following is a real conversation.

Friend: “Man I love watching the Broncos they are so fun.”
Me: “Please stop speaking this nonsense.” (I talk like an English baron on the weekend)
Friend: “Don’t you like the Broncos?”
Me: “Yes, that is why I ask that you not like them.”

And this is the plea I have for the rest of you: odds makers, NFL fans, mothers, brothers, fathers and sisters. Don’t like the Denver Broncos. Please.

Remember yesterday when they beat the San Diego Chargers? Questionable call, right? Then they went for two. Exciting? No way. Sure it was awesome to see Jay Cutler’s laser arm and Eddie Royal’s firm grasp on the ball two times for a win. It was even better to see Brandon Marshall grab 18 catches – or Tony Scheffler’s two TDs. Or, how about the week before in Oakland, when the world was introduced to a potential light’s out offense, and a possible AFC West winner? Get out of here. You don’t want to watch that.

Forget that Mike Shanahan has bounced back to the make the playoffs following each of his four losing seasons. Or that he predicted the Broncos would make the playoffs. That should piss you off, you non-Broncos fans out there.

Just in case you find yourself enticed to tune in, you know, “just to see what’s going on with the Broncos,” don’t. If you need a reason, or two, to hate the Broncos – keep these fun facts in mind.

-Let’s start with Jay Cutler—He went to Vanderbilt. How can you possibly like a Commodore? Commodores are likely to prompt spontaneous dance with “Brick House” than the breeding ground for an NFL QB. Plus, Vanderbilt is known as the Harvard of the South and educated Skip Bayless, and Cutler scored in the 20’s on his Wonderlic. Hate that college boy. Not to mention, while most of us are holed up on the couch with a remote attempting to eat ourselves into diabetic shock, he’s taking insulin shots and playing football. There is no reason you should like a smart-Ivy League-Commodore-diabetic. Plus, Cutler told me in an e-mail that he hates you and baby seals. He’s not Commodore, he’s a communist.

-Bill Romanowski played for the Broncos and is considered one of the meanest and dirtiest players in the history of the NFL. Trust me, he hates you (and himself). Remember when “Romo” broke Carolina QB Kerry Collins’ jaw in preseason? How about when he spit in the face of J.J. Stokes? Or, when he hit Bryan Cox with a ball to the balls. “Romo” also went on to end Marcus Williams’ career when he punched Williams in the face, destroying his eye socket and ending his career while in Oakland. (Please note: Romo is nuts … and in no way are his actions adored by anyone in Denver. That I can promise you.)

-When is the last time you said to yourself, “Man, I am totally comfortable picking a Broncos running back for my Fantasy team?” You haven’t, won’t and can’t. Shanahan nearly invented the RB by Committee and told me, in no certain terms or real conversation, that he hates fantasy football players.

-You’ve probably lost money betting on the Broncos. Last season, they were a miserable 5-11 against the spread. Which means you bet them, lost money, and then had to tell your children/wife that they will have to be happy with a birthday trip to Dollar Tree.

To Read More, Click Here ... (http://www.opensports.com/community/user/blog_entry/52/550392ef-56c0-48aa-ad7c-05cc577828fa)

This is one of the best posts ever!

denbroncofan26
09-16-2008, 01:05 AM

When the freak went down (for maintenance I suppose) this site came up and I just transitioned over to this one assuming they were one and the same, thanks for the history lesson

Thnikkaman
09-16-2008, 09:06 AM
When the freak went down (for maintenance I suppose) this site came up and I just transitioned over to this one assuming they were one and the same, thanks for the history lesson

The owner of the freak felt it would be more lucrative to change the freak from an online community to a Digg like site for the Broncos and the nfl. (Stupid move imo, but he has to do what is best for him). The freaks (such as myself) came here.

NightTrainLayne
09-16-2008, 09:34 AM
The owner of the freak felt it would be more lucrative to change the freak from an online community to a Digg like site for the Broncos and the nfl. (Stupid move imo, but he has to do what is best for him). The freaks (such as myself) came here.

Interestingly, when I checked in on the "new" freak last week the stories hadn't been updated in like 3 weeks. I guess John lost all interest too. . .

denbroncofan26
09-16-2008, 12:41 PM

Digg like site?

Thnikkaman
09-16-2008, 01:34 PM
Digg like site?

Have you ever been to Digg? It lets people give "rep" to articles. Articles that people like tend to stay on the front page. Less relevant articles drop off. It also allows people to make comments about the articles. Its kind of like a glorified message board.

AlWilsonizKING
09-16-2008, 01:52 PM
I was born on the bandwagon and haven't gotten off since...even when they lost to SanFran in the SB ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

PEACE!!!

omac
09-16-2008, 10:45 PM

And you're welcome here, man. :cheers:

denbroncofan26
09-16-2008, 11:42 PM
Have you ever been to Digg? It lets people give "rep" to articles. Articles that people like tend to stay on the front page. Less relevant articles drop off. It also allows people to make comments about the articles. Its kind of like a glorified message board.

Nope I've never heard of that kind of site, seems kinda useless tho...

Thnikkaman
09-17-2008, 07:58 AM
Nope I've never heard of that kind of site, seems kinda useless tho...

It is actually extremely popular. Check it out:
http://digg.com/

SR
09-17-2008, 08:25 AM
Kind of over the top. In a sense, I agree with you though. Teams with less bandwagon fans generally have better fans. For instance, the Cardinals have very few bandwagon fans, but some of the Cardinals fans have been fans since the beginning; since the Phoenix Cardinals days. Cowboys fans are bar-none the worst fans I've ever encountered and I'm effing surrounded by them; TONS of bandwagon fans. So in that sense, I agree, we don't want bandwagon fans.

Thnikkaman
09-17-2008, 08:45 AM
Kind of over the top. In a sense, I agree with you though. Teams with less bandwagon fans generally have better fans. For instance, the Cardinals have very few bandwagon fans, but some of the Cardinals fans have been fans since the beginning; since the Phoenix Cardinals days. Cowboys fans are bar-none the worst fans I've ever encountered and I'm effing surrounded by them; TONS of bandwagon fans. So in that sense, I agree, we don't want bandwagon fans.

I will admit to being a bit of a Cardinals bandwagon fan. Well, maybe. They are my NFC team since I used to live a stones throw away from Sun Devil stadium when they played there. I loved how crazy it would get downtown when the Cowboys would come to play.

I bleed Orange and Blue, but I like to see the Cards do well.

SR
09-17-2008, 12:10 PM
I will admit to being a bit of a Cardinals bandwagon fan. Well, maybe. They are my NFC team since I used to live a stones throw away from Sun Devil stadium when they played there. I loved how crazy it would get downtown when the Cowboys would come to play.

I bleed Orange and Blue, but I like to see the Cards do well.

I'm the same way with the Cardinals. I was born in Aurora, CO, but lived in the Phoenix Metro area most of my life and have been to tons of Cards games. I always root for the Cards, always have, but second to my Broncos of course. The point is, I see first hand every single day how ridiculous band wagon fans can be. Band wagon fans are BAD NEWS. There is nothing anyone can do to keep them from coming as I'm sure they will depending on our team's success, but "the more the merrier" is not the case here.

BroncoNut
09-17-2008, 12:14 PM
I established myself as a Bronco fan about 3 or 4 years ago because when they won the superbowls in the 90's I had been a closet fan for no other reason than I didn't follow prosports much at all. Elway is the reason I like Denver, that and I like Colorado. Since I was not practicing fan, if you will, during the sb wins in the 90's, a few people thought I was a bandwagoner, although I didn't voice my support to many. I decided it was time to become an obviious fan a few years ago in preparation for the next sb win.

haroldthebarrel
09-17-2008, 12:22 PM
I dont think I would have been a bronco fan hadnt it been for that we were good the first season I started to watch the game as well as I loved how Elway had that teethgrinding grit to win the game. I didnt know he was such a great prospect, neither did I understand that he arguably had the best arm ever.
So yes I was a bandwagoner the first year, and I dont think you find too many people not born in or near Colorado who started becoming a fan the years we were bad.