PDA

View Full Version : Handicapping Denver's coaching search

Denver Native (Carol)
01-12-2011, 10:35 PM
The Denver Broncos met with former Carolina coach John Fox on Wednesday. He is the fifth candidate to meet with the Broncos, who are giving fans an inside look of the interview process.

Denver is now expected to review the candidates and decide whether to bring in any other possibilities. At this point, Denver is not preparing to ask permission to talk to speak to any other candidates. There is a strong chance that Denver’s new coach has already been interviewed.

The following is a look at the five candidates:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/23269/handicapping-denver-coaching-search

tomjonesrocks
01-12-2011, 10:41 PM
Who doesn't any other team want? That's who it's going to be...

Suprised Fassel isn't in the mix--another unwanted coach that was mentioned nauseam before the search began. Thought we were going to be welcoming him.

Guess I'd rather have Dennison over Fassel or Studs. That's about it though.

Not a hire that's exciting to fans for sure. Not the be all end all and perhaps he'll succeed--but no real reason for wild optimism either.

UnderArmour
01-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Who doesn't any other team want? That's who it's going to be...

Suprised Fassel isn't in the mix--another unwanted coach that was mentioned nauseam before the search began. Thought we were going to be welcoming him.

Guess I'd rather have Dennison over Fassel or Studs. That's about it though.

Not a hire that's exciting to fans for sure. Not the be all end all and perhaps he'll succeed--but no real reason for wild optimism either.

Fassel would be a joke of a HC hire after his last Offensive coordinator gig under Billick flamed out. He was practically begging Al Davis to hire him. We're still a respectable organization, even giving Fassel an interview for HC would make us a laughing stock.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-12-2011, 11:37 PM
Fassel would be a joke of a HC hire after his last Offensive coordinator gig under Billick flamed out. He was practically begging Al Davis to hire him. We're still a respectable organization, even giving Fassel an interview for HC would make us a laughing stock.

Someone who gets it!!! Thanks for that, bro!

The fact that people were bringing up Fassel (who some believe will be our OC if Dennison gets hired) makes me want to take a long walk off a short pier...

PAINTERDAVE
01-13-2011, 04:13 AM
Whoever they hire needs to delegate authority to a smart coordinator...
Offensive AND defensive.

The HC running the show... but allowing the DC and OC to DO THEIR JOBS.

This is the formula we are building on...
we dont need a HC to come in and try to dictate all facets of the game.

The HC needs to hire guys he trusts... and then let them handle their areas.

Elway is like the Company manager...
Xanders and Elway are in charge of the materials for the job.

The HC is the site supervisor...
and then the OC and DC are the 2 foremen of the jobsite.
Under them are contractors in charge of their units..
RB... QB... LB's... CB's ...etc

If the new HC will act in concert with his underlings...
NOT try to do their jobs...
this company will build a sturdy building.

Chain of command.

Elway wont tell the QB coach what to do.
Neither will the HC.

That is up to the OC...

You get it.
I get it.

I just hope the new HC gets it.

McDaniels certainly did NOT get it.

Superchop 7
01-13-2011, 11:24 AM
How much tape has any of them broken down in all 3 phases of the game? Dennison could actually talk intelligently with Nolan whereas Josh was talking out his azz.