PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Denver

sanluis
09-15-2008, 09:09 AM
Jay and Brandon are a force to be reckoned and with the improvements to Denver's o-line you guys have a scoring machine!

Now I must go try to wash this bad taste out!! :lol:

Good game !!!:salute:

Crush05
09-15-2008, 09:16 AM
Atta Baby, Atta Baby!!!:salute::cool::laugh:

NightTrainLayne
09-15-2008, 09:19 AM
Good game to you guys as well. You can say that your team gave it their best shot, and had a few calls/bounces gone the other way you would have won.

I hope our Defense improves before we meet again.

:salute:

Broncospsycho77
09-15-2008, 09:29 AM
One for the ages for sure. Well, at least it was on my cell phone...

My power and cable went out from 60 mph winds... stupid Ike...

ApaOps5
09-15-2008, 10:55 AM
I was at the game and it was the best game I have been to. Its a shame the game had such a controversial call. But fact of the matter there were 3 more times to step Denver and they didn't.

Can't wait for the rematch and I hope its controversy free.

hamrob
09-15-2008, 11:05 AM
Great game. To come into Denver, get down fast, and find a way to be ahead by 7 at the end is telling. A terrible call cost you the game is true...but your D still gave up 31 pts in the 1st half and 39 in the game.

Boy, I hope our poor defense...was just the result of our stud QB's.

Despite your poor start, I can still see your team going 11-5 or 12-4 this year. My guess: We end up being a game ahead or tied with you going into the last game of the year...placing all the marbles on the table for that last game...and with revenge on your minds and homefiled advantage...Wow...that should be a one hell of a game!!! Just 13 more games until we get there.

WARHORSE
09-15-2008, 11:16 AM
Great game. To come into Denver, get down fast, and find a way to be ahead by 7 at the end is telling. A terrible call cost you the game is true...but your D still gave up 31 pts in the 1st half and 39 in the game.

Despite your poor start, I can still see your team going 11-5 or 12-4 this year. My guess: We end up being a game ahead or tied with you going into the last game of the year...placing all the marbles on the table for that last game...and with revenge on your minds and homefiled advantage...Wow...that should be a one hell of a game!!! Just 13 more games until we get there.

Nah.

I see us owning the WEST. ;)

GG though for the Chuggernots.

Thnikkaman
09-15-2008, 11:25 AM
Jay and Brandon are a force to be reckoned and with the improvements to Denver's o-line you guys have a scoring machine!

May I recommend this to help wash the taste out?

http://bp0.blogger.com/_yR_5lwjze0I/RykKAyy6FKI/AAAAAAAAACE/aeydOEwQeo8/s400/1554+black+ale.jpg

Skinny
09-15-2008, 11:28 AM
Yesterdays game just made the next game between us that more interesting. The game in December is going to be a dandy.

dogfish
09-15-2008, 02:24 PM
classy as always sanluis. . .

:beer:

it's too bad the game had to end like that, and i can't imagine that any broncos fan would deny that we got lucky on that call-- cutler got away with one. . . but, it wasn't the first bad call in the history of the game, and it won't be the last. . . i think all san diego fans can now see that this is a far different denver team from last year's trainwreck-- younger, healthier ATM, and more talented. . . at least on offense! :frusty:

on a side note, my hat's off to darren sproles. . . that little guy is electric, he made our efense and "special" teams look all kinds of foolish. . . not that they need much help. . . .

i'll definitely be looking forward to the rematch!

Slick
09-15-2008, 02:28 PM
Classy thing to say my Scuba diving friend.

It looks like these two QB's will have some epic battles for years to come. Hell of a game no doubt.

pnbronco
09-15-2008, 02:32 PM
Total class act sanluis, great game I too look forward tot he rematch..:salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-15-2008, 02:33 PM

I disagree that a terrible call cost SD the game. The terrible call, which it was, only enabled the Broncos to retain possession. SD still had opportunities to win - stop the Broncos from scoring the TD, or stop the Broncos from making the 2 point conversion. If SD would have made either stop, they would have won the game. The game was NOT over when the terrible call was made. Nor, was the game over after the Broncos scored. There was still time left on the clock for SD to drive it down and try to kick a winning field goal.

NorthernLights
09-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Heck of a game, one for the ages. Congrats to the Broncos and their fans. I haven't quite made it through the 4 stages of emotions (stuck on that second one), but I'll get there. It sure gives us quite a bit to talk about.

My friend pictured me screaming at my TV last night much like the Duke brothers in Trading Places. "turn those machines back on, bring everyone back in here". Pretty much nailed it.

REB
09-15-2008, 02:47 PM

Thanks sanluis. I'm sure the Chargers will be looking for revenge big time in our second game. It should be a doozy :D

Medford Bronco
09-15-2008, 03:25 PM
classy as always sanluis. . .

it's too bad the game had to end like that, and i can't imagine that any broncos fan would deny that we got lucky on that call-- cutler got away with one. . . but, it wasn't the first bad call in the history of the game, and it won't be the last. . . i think all san diego fans can now see that this is a far different denver team from last year's trainwreck-- younger, healthier ATM, and more talented. . . at least on offense! :frusty:

on a side note, my hat's off to darren sproles. . . that little guy is electric, he made our efense and "special" teams look all kinds of foolish. . . not that they need much help. . . .

i'll definitely be looking forward to the rematch!

and at least you can admit we were lucky as opposed to getting mad when it was pointed out to you. if the shoe was on the other foot and Rivers fumbled and it was called an incomplete pass, I can just imagine this place, it would probably explode.

dont get me wrong we played well for the most part but were lucky to get a ref mess up to aid the win.

I will take it and was very happy Shanny for having guts. Maybe the Broncs can get back to the pre Griese offense when Denver Dominated. I hope so. :salute:

Fun win but we as Bronco fans should all play the lottery today. Just like NE fans did when they won on the infamous tuck rule.

sanluis
09-15-2008, 03:34 PM
I disagree that a terrible call cost SD the game. The terrible call, which it was, only enabled the Broncos to retain possession. SD still had opportunities to win - stop the Broncos from scoring the TD, or stop the Broncos from making the 2 point conversion. If SD would have made either stop, they would have won the game. The game was NOT over when the terrible call was made. Nor, was the game over after the Broncos scored. There was still time left on the clock for SD to drive it down and try to kick a winning field goal.

I am sure you agree that without Denver getting that possession the game is over. SD takes a few knees and we are done. With possession came the opportunity that should have never really happened after the review of the replay IMO.

Whatever--- water under the bridge now.

jrelway
09-15-2008, 03:41 PM
you guys can try to redeem yourselves in week 17. tough loss man. till then, you guys are still winless. monday night against the jets, with LT's toe hurting, you guys may fall to 0-3. History says, Favre lights it up on monday nights.

Medford Bronco
09-15-2008, 03:43 PM
you guys can try to redeem yourselves in week 17. tough loss man. till then, you guys are still winless. monday night against the jets, with LT's toe hurting, you guys may fall to 0-3. History says, Favre lights it up on monday nights.

History says the Chargers beat that patheic JETS team. Favre will throw 3 picks probably as he stunk it up yesterday.

they had their chances vs NE and choked the game away in the 1st half.

sorry to be offtopic Sanluis and the cool charger fans here that came back :beer:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-15-2008, 03:47 PM
I am sure you agree that without Denver getting that possession the game is over. SD takes a few knees and we are done. With possession came the opportunity that should have never really happened after the review of the replay IMO.

Whatever--- water under the bridge now.

Totally agree that without Denver getting that possession, the game is likely over. But I would think you would also have to agree that SD had the chance to make sure that Denver did not win, even after retaining possession.

G_Money
09-15-2008, 03:49 PM
Look at it this way sanluis - now you get the chance to see what your team is made of.

They could have lucked out of here with a win, but instead we did. That's two games that have been lost in the waning seconds, and a defense that seems to be turning from a strength into a liability. Norv Turner needs to rally the troops. Next week is the Jets, who are pissed off that they screwed the pooch in their attempt to take control of the division against NE. It's a showcase game on Monday Night.

The two games after should be cupcake games against Oakland and Miami. So the Jets game is pivotal for the season now.

Win it and that should start at least a 3 game winning streak that should put you right back in the thick of things. Indy and NE aren't as strong as they have been in the past - the AFC powers don't look quite as powerful, so as long as you get to the playoffs anything can happen.

Lose it and watch the locker room start to sour.

Better to know early in the season who your team is gonna be, I think. We Broncos fans don't know. We know our offense is better, and our defense still needs a lot of work. But this loss puts SD in a position to know right now if they have the stones for a harder season than they were hoping for.

I don't think much of Norv Turner but you have a lot of talent on your team. Time to see if talent and internal leadership can trump Turner, I guess.

~G

sanluis
09-15-2008, 03:51 PM
Totally agree that without Denver getting that possession, the game is likely over. But I would think you would also have to agree that SD had the chance to make sure that Denver did not win, even after retaining possession.

Yes I agree! We had our chances and we didn't make it happen. Denver did and showed extreme confidence going for the win with the 2 point conversion.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Yes I agree! We had our chances and we didn't make it happen. Denver did and showed extreme confidence going for the win with the 2 point conversion.

And :salute: to you for being a GREAT SD fan, and a great poster here.

underrated29
09-15-2008, 03:54 PM
dont worry san. I havent looked at your schedule but i figured this might actually start out his way for you guys.

And i think you will probably go (without schudle in front of me) 12-4. Your next like 4 games should be wins though.

sanluis
09-15-2008, 03:56 PM
Look at it this way sanluis - now you get the chance to see what your team is made of.

They could have lucked out of here with a win, but instead we did. That's two games that have been lost in the waning seconds, and a defense that seems to be turning from a strength into a liability. Norv Turner needs to rally the troops. Next week is the Jets, who are pissed off that they screwed the pooch in their attempt to take control of the division against NE. It's a showcase game on Monday Night.

The two games after should be cupcake games against Oakland and Miami. So the Jets game is pivotal for the season now.

Win it and that should start at least a 3 game winning streak that should put you right back in the thick of things. Indy and NE aren't as strong as they have been in the past - the AFC powers don't look quite as powerful, so as long as you get to the playoffs anything can happen.

Lose it and watch the locker room start to sour.

Better to know early in the season who your team is gonna be, I think. We Broncos fans don't know. We know our offense is better, and our defense still needs a lot of work. But this loss puts SD in a position to know right now if they have the stones for a harder season than they were hoping for.

I don't think much of Norv Turner but you have a lot of talent on your team. Time to see if talent and internal leadership can trump Turner, I guess.

~G

I had hoped that we are done with tests after last years slow start. But I guess teams really have to prove themselfs every year. We will see. I agree with your assessment. The Jet game is even more important now.

Medford Bronco
09-15-2008, 03:57 PM
I had hoped that we are done with tests after last years slow start. But I guess teams really have to prove themselfs every year. We will see. I agree with your assessment. The Jet game is even more important now.

You guys are not losing to the JETS. You are so much better than that overrated team.

topscribe
09-15-2008, 03:58 PM

It's no surprise to me that you would show some class, SanLuis. :beer:

-----

Day1BroncoFan
09-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Thanks sanluis.

I am glad we won and that we are 2-0 but I would a lot happier had it not been part of a controversial call. On the other hand a win is a win.

SmilinAssasSin27
09-15-2008, 05:44 PM
The Jets suck. When Brady went down, I have NO IDEA why NY was given the heir apparent title. They are basically garbage who had trouble w/ the hapless fins. Now Buffalo...they are dangerous.

fcspikeit
09-15-2008, 06:37 PM

Awesome sanluis! :salute:

I don't know many fans of any team who would have had the stones after that call to make a congratulatory thread...

If there were more fans like you, there wouldn't be as many rivalries in the NFL :D

I do have a couple comments about the 2 calls that went our way...

The 1st. (Champ's INT)

The important thing here to remember is that it was an INT and not a fumble.. It was clearly not a fumble and that's what the casters kept saying.. However it was an INT! The rule is that the WR must maintain possession all the way through the catch when leaving his feet for the ball. Beings this is the case, he never established possession, therefore he wasn't down by contact.

The 2nd (Jays fumble)

It was a fumble, no doubt about it. You still had your chances to win the game after the call but if the right call was made there your path to winning was 100 times easier. But I will say this, it is better losing off a no call of the other teams bad play then a bad call from your teams good play, understand?

Your team didn't do anything to force Cutler to fumble, the ref just didn't call him on his bad play. If you had scored a TD that was taken away because of a call against your team that is when I get irate at bad officiating..

Even in the Colts game, it was clear to see they didn't get in the endzone! The Vikings defense made the play, they got them stopped but the refs took their great on field play away with the TD call. IMO, that is way worse then losing the way the Bolts did..

However, I can understand how you feel about the missed call. A win is a win and really, both teams deserved to win that came. Rivers earned a lot of my respect yesterday.. I still don't like the guy, but he can play! I would never had said that before the game.

Anyways, thanks for your thread and I wish your team the best.. Next time we meet it should be a great game, that is unless we are resting our starters.. Which I hope is the case... :D

omac
09-15-2008, 06:50 PM
Lotta class there, sanluis! :salute:

Hawgdriver
09-15-2008, 06:55 PM
san luis you are a class act. I wouldn't be surprised to see San Diego run the table if they can recover mentally from such a terrible loss. I respect your team very much and hope that the week 17 game is as good as this one (without the controversy of course)--with the same outcome.

cheers :beer:

Nick
09-16-2008, 05:11 PM
All I have to say is I never thought I would put Classy and Charger fan in the same sentence. ;)

SarahKay
09-16-2008, 05:13 PM

Nick
09-19-2008, 11:30 AM
WTE, you better do this after we beat the Pats this season ;)