PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favorite interviewed HC candidate so far?

broncofaninfla
01-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Of the candidates interviewed or lined up to interview, who is your favorite and why?

The Experience
01-12-2011, 12:37 PM
Fewell with Dennison a close 2nd.

TXBRONC
01-12-2011, 12:40 PM
Dennison and Fewell in that order.

broken12
01-12-2011, 12:42 PM
Fewell....i like what he does on defense but woyld be interesting what would become of offense though....

Lancane
01-12-2011, 12:52 PM
Dennison followed by Koetter.

MileHighCrew
01-12-2011, 01:16 PM
Dennison would be my choice.
I'm not sure I have a good x's and O's why but I think he has earned the shot and more importantly I think he earned his shot with the Broncos. Sometimes things just feel right, Dennison in Denver feels right to me

PAINTERDAVE
01-12-2011, 01:23 PM
I think Dennison is gonna get the hire. He's the team player the FO wants.

Fewel might have been good..
but he is already making noise about staying with the Giants.

Fox today... I just dont see that happening.

It will be interesting to hear what the Fox interview sound bites show.

Bozo Jr.
01-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Dirk Koetter. "All Business", Stern, Confident, A man who is not swayed by the bias against Tebow, oh and the 3rd ranked rushing offense in the NFL for 2010, @ 149.7 ypg. :salute:

dogfish
01-12-2011, 02:00 PM
of the guys interviewed so far, only fewell makes me not want to set myself on fire. . .

camdisco24
01-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Dennison, hands down.
He loves the Broncos and will do what it takes to get us back to the playoffs.
He's seen the mistakes that Shanny and Kubiak have made when it comes to D and I think he has the brains to bring someone in to fix it.
Plus, his knowledge of running an NFL offense is great and I think he will put us in the top ten O year in and year out.

As mentioned earlier, something about Dennison just feels right...

HORSEPOWER 56
01-12-2011, 02:27 PM
I'll give you my answer after we interview Fox...

dogfish
01-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Dennison, hands down.
He loves the Broncos and will do what it takes to get us back to the playoffs.

will he bring back david "you don't know what i'm capable of" kircus?

:heh:

Jaws
01-12-2011, 03:14 PM
What time are today's interviews scheduled?

CoachChaz
01-12-2011, 03:28 PM
Based on ability, I like Fox. Fewell and Koetter just don't seem "ready" and I fear Dennison will simply be a corporate "yes" man. Based on that, I think Dennison gets the job, but I like Fox for the job.

So let the "he only went 2-14" people rear their ugly heads now, but research the ownership, management and scouting departments of the Panthers organization a little bit and you'll be shocked he ever won a game at all.

Just look at their personnel history alone and the players they've let walk even when they accidentally drafted a good player.

Anyway...I like Fox

dogfish
01-12-2011, 03:33 PM
so did fox actually interview today?

slim
01-12-2011, 03:43 PM
In order:

1. Dennison
2. Fox
3. Koetter
4. Studes
5. Fewell

Ziggy
01-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Fox is my #1, because he has proven he can win when he has the talent around him. He also knows how to build a defense, and handle NFL egos. My one concern about him is his conservativeness on offense. It's great to have a running game, but the old Dan Reeves run, run, let Elway try to save our butts on 3rd down offense doesn't work in today's NFL. In the end, Fox could very well adapt a run, run, let Tebow try to save our butts on 3rd down offense.

Dennison intrigues me. He spent 9 years as a linebacker in the NFL. He has defensive roots and knows the importance of a good defense. He's been a special teams coach, offensive line coach, and offensive coordinator. He knows the value of those 2 phases of the game also. He bleeds blue and orange, and was our special teams coach during the super bowl years.

He knows first hand what it takes to win it all. He knows what kind of players and coaches it takes. He played under defensive genius Joe Collier. He coached under Shanahan when he was both good and bad. He is of course unproven as a head coach, so that's always a concern, but out of the unproven head coaches, he's the one I'd put my money on.

Now, it seems as though the Broncos might become impatient and want to get this hire done before even interviewing the coaches that are in the playoffs. That would be a mistake IMO. If they somehow do wait and set up an interview with Dom Capers, he'd instantly move to the top of the list for me.

tomjonesrocks
01-12-2011, 04:02 PM
Cowher, Gruden, and Rivera.

Oh wait...

ursak
01-12-2011, 04:08 PM
1. Fox
2. Dennison
3. Koetter
4. Fewell
5. Studes

Skinny
01-12-2011, 05:48 PM
Fox
Dennison
Fewell
Koetter
Studley

topscribe
01-12-2011, 05:51 PM
It's amazing how Dennison's stock here has soared as we have found out more about him . . .

-----

HORSEPOWER 56
01-12-2011, 05:57 PM
In order:

Fox
Fewell
Dennison
Koetter
Studesville (what a joke)

Fix the defense first.

Lancane
01-12-2011, 06:02 PM
1. Dennison
2. Koetter
3. Dennison
4. Koetter
5. Mularkey (Even though he cancelled)
5. Studesville (Even though he's a long shot)
6. Dennison
7. Koetter
8. Repeat fifth option.
9. Fewell
10. Fox

:sad:

rationalfan
01-12-2011, 06:28 PM
i don't really like any of them. actually, they kind of make me wish we hadn't canned McD (prepare your fireballs).

here are my impressions of each coach from the brief videos shown on DB.com:
fox: old veteran with glowing personality, he knows his way works, but i'm not convinced it works well.

dennison: smart guy with a lot of respect for the broncos; but i worry that respect makes him too subservient. the way his body language changed around elway suggests he'll never fight for his beliefs/players when facing elway or bowlen.

fewell: charismatic. confident. but in terms of presentability and intelligence he's a poor man's mike tomlin. this team's already poor. we need riches.

koetter: this guy really reminds me of shanahan in his vocal mannerisms and his quiet cool that commands the room. but i don't get the sense he's as brilliant as shanahan. too philosophical when he should be a little arrogant.

stud: don't care about him.

Buff
01-12-2011, 06:47 PM
None of the above... Dennison if I had to pick.

Fox needs a year away from the game to gain a little perspective. He's toxic coming off of a 2-14 year IMO.

Koetter = Boise St. = Dan Hawkins = No thanks.

Fewell/Studesville = Another unproven experiment that could divide fans and the locker room.

Where are the rest of the candidates for crying out loud? Surely we can do better than these guys. All of the sudden Troy Calhoun doesn't look so bad.

titan
01-12-2011, 07:24 PM
1. Koetter
2. Fox
3. Fewell
4. Studes
10. Dennison (not impressed)

dogfish
01-12-2011, 07:31 PM
okay buff, looks we finally found one of the people that voted for koetter in that poll. . . :laugh:

chazoe60
01-12-2011, 07:35 PM

Going by that logic

Belichick = Patriots = McDaniels = No thanks.

Buff
01-12-2011, 07:55 PM
Going by that logic

Belichick = Patriots = McDaniels = No thanks.

Right, well apparently that logic is sound if you look at the track records of Mangini, Crennel, Weis and McDaniels.

I just can't/won't believe Koetter is the best candidate available.

chazoe60
01-12-2011, 07:59 PM
Right, well apparently that logic is sound if you look at the track records of Mangini, Crennel, Weis and McDaniels.

I just can't/won't believe Koetter is the best candidate available.

No, you're doing it backwards (I assume you do that a lot :laugh: )

It would mean that you wouldn't want Belichick even if we had the opportunity.

Bosco
01-12-2011, 08:34 PM
Koetter. Experienced in the spread offense. Would probably look real damn good without a meathead defensive coach handicapping his play calling. Likely keeps the 3-4 as well.

Harbaugh was my #1 choice but Elway and his goddamn amateur hour managed to **** that one up, so we must seek other options.

Lancane
01-12-2011, 08:35 PM
Koetter. Experienced in the spread offense. Would probably look real damn good without a meathead defensive coach handicapping his play calling. Likely keeps the 3-4 as well.

Harbaugh was my #1 choice but Elway and his goddamn amateur hour managed to **** that one up, so we must seek other options.

Dennison is my first choice of the candidates interviewed, but I'd be happy with Koetter as well.

:beer:

nevcraw
01-12-2011, 09:23 PM

yeah screw John for not landing landing a guy who wanted to stay in his home state..
is it that hard to understand that some guys judt don't want to coach in Denver?

Denver Native (Carol)
01-12-2011, 09:28 PM
None of the above... Dennison if I had to pick.

Fox needs a year away from the game to gain a little perspective. He's toxic coming off of a 2-14 year IMO.

Fewell/Studesville = Another unproven experiment that could divide fans and the locker room.

Where are the rest of the candidates for crying out loud? Surely we can do better than these guys. All of the sudden Troy Calhoun doesn't look so bad.

Alfred Williams was talking about the coaching candidates today, and he stated there may be plenty of candidates out there who would want full power, and if so, the list will be limited.

You can hear Fox talk here, after he arrived in Denver:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81da2c5a/article/broncos-finally-meet-with-expanthers-coach-fox-about-job?module=HP_headlines

Dzone
01-12-2011, 09:39 PM
If any of these guys are hired, we will have to get used to very dry, non-entertaining, monotone press conferences...thats fine...we can win with a non personality at HC...Tom Landry, or that guy in Pittsburgh who was so boring nobody remembers his name...i think it was chuck noll...OK, lets put bellichek in that list of great coaches with no personality...win and we dont care if the coach is named "Zero Charisma"...

I just wish John Fox didnt remind me so much of Wade Phillips...Lordy, they could be twins

Bosco
01-12-2011, 11:11 PM
yeah screw John for not landing landing a guy who wanted to stay in his home state..
is it that hard to understand that some guys judt don't want to coach in Denver?

No, screw John for thinking he could sit on his ass and wait for people to call him wanting to take the Broncos job. Miami damn near had Harbaugh signed before John even made a serious attempt at getting him in for an interview, and by then it was just a little too late.

The real **** up is Bowlen though. Just like he did with Josh, he's given Elway more power than he's ready for and we get to suffer while John gets on the job training with the team. This whole situation has pretty much confirmed my worst fears.

Ravage!!!
01-13-2011, 12:40 PM
He knew Harbaugh wasn't going anywhere OTHER than San Fran.. or Stanford. Please, quit being arrogant enough to believe you know more of whats going on behind the scenes and that you actually know the motivation.

No other teams made a move for Harbaugh other than Miami, and they made a debacle of the situation by publically offering him a TON of money. Harbaugh obviously... OBVIOUSLY... didn't make a decision base on money and wanted to stay where he was.

Its an asinine statement to believe that Elway did anything 'less' than any team out there looking for a coach.

topscribe
01-13-2011, 12:42 PM
No, screw John for thinking he could sit on his ass and wait for people to call him wanting to take the Broncos job. Miami damn near had Harbaugh signed before John even made a serious attempt at getting him in for an interview, and by then it was just a little too late.

The real **** up is Bowlen though. Just like he did with Josh, he's given Elway more power than he's ready for and we get to suffer while John gets on the job training with the team. This whole situation has pretty much confirmed my worst fears.

How about giving John a chance, my friend?

Maybe he knows more than we think he knows?

-----

topscribe
01-13-2011, 12:46 PM

I don't believe it had anything to do with not wanting to coach in Denver.
Why pull up roots, force the wife into a new house and friends, and the kids
into different schools, tearing them away from their friends and activities,
just to take the same job he could have in San Francisco?

Shoot, all he had to do was shower, shave, eat a little breakfast, hop into
the car, and go to work. No packing. No putting up the house for sale. No
muss, no fuss.

It had nothing to do with Denver, IMO. I would have stayed at home, too.
He is being paid $5M a year. Do you think another million or two would
cause me to disrupt my family and their lifestyle?

-----

Ravage!!!
01-13-2011, 02:29 PM
Elway was at the Stanford Bowl game. Is it really hard to believe the he and Harbaugh spoke, even for a short bit? I mean, seriously, do you really not think that something was mentioned by John while he was there? Hard to believe that Harbaugh let John know, right then and there, that his interests were to stay where he was at whether that be with the 49ers or with Stanford. HE had a choice... he had BOTH at his taking.

"John, just between you and I, I'm not leaving San Fran. I love it here. My family loves it here. The people treat me great, and we are happy. So, although I appreciate you letting me know you are interested in hiring me, I'm just letting you know that I'm either going to work for the 49ers, or I'm going to stay here at Stanford."

Really hard to believe that something like this was said? Considering he (Harbaugh) didn't fly to meet ANYONE, and only Miami flew to see him, I would say its a pretty damned SAFE bet that there was NO interest from Harbaugh to leave, and its ridiculous to even suggest that our FO somehow messed up because of their "inexperience" regarding this coach.

BroncoStud
01-13-2011, 02:35 PM
He knew Harbaugh wasn't going anywhere OTHER than San Fran.. or Stanford. Please, quit being arrogant enough to believe you know more of whats going on behind the scenes and that you actually know the motivation.

No other teams made a move for Harbaugh other than Miami, and they made a debacle of the situation by publically offering him a TON of money. Harbaugh obviously... OBVIOUSLY... didn't make a decision base on money and wanted to stay where he was.

Its an asinine statement to believe that Elway did anything 'less' than any team out there looking for a coach.

Michigan talked to Harbaugh...

BroncoJoe
01-13-2011, 02:35 PM
Popular current trends:

Bash John Elway.
Bash Pat Bowlen.

topscribe
01-13-2011, 03:38 PM
Michigan talked to Harbaugh...

How did that work out?

-----

dogfish
01-13-2011, 04:07 PM
Popular current trends:

Bash John Elway.
Bash Pat Bowlen.
Bash BroncoJoe

:heh:

BroncoStud
01-13-2011, 04:19 PM
How did that work out?

-----

I don't think it worked out very well for Michigan. But they still talked to him.