PDA

View Full Version : Want To Restore Denver Broncos Football To What It Once Was? Hire Rick Dennison as HC

getlynched47
01-12-2011, 11:59 AM
I've had this posted up at mania for a while, but I thought I'd bring it here to share with you guys. Just to gauge your thoughts on Rick Dennison:

Hire Rick Dennison as the head coach.

Here me out:

He was a linebacker in the NFL

He was a special teams coach

He is an offensive-line coach and an offensive coordinator for the Houston Texans.

He has background in all 3 phases of the game.

He has history with the Denver Broncos.

That's the candidate I'm endorsing. :salute:

EDIT:

Rick Dennison's credentials and resume that qualify him (Courtesy of Hadez)

Played linebacker for the Denver Broncos

1995 to 1996 - offensive assistant with Broncos
1997 to 2000 - ST Coach with the Broncos
2001 to 2005 - OL coach with Broncos
2006 to 2008 - Bronco OC/OL coach
2009 - Bronco OL Coach (Mike McCoy fully took the OC)
2010 - Houston - OC

getlynched47
01-12-2011, 12:02 PM
To anybody who questions his credentials:

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showpost.php?p=3634980&postcount=95

He coached under Mike Shanahan and Gary Kubiak, and also:

-Rick Dennison played under Dan Reeves, HC of the Broncos;
-Rick Dennison played under Joe Collier, DC of the Broncos;
-Rick Dennison played and coached under Wade Phillips, DC & HC of the Broncos;
-Rick Dennison coached under Josh McDaniels;
-Rick Dennison was on the same coaching staff with the OCs and DCs (including Ray Rhodes, Jim Bates, Larry Coyer and Greg Robinson) under Phillips, Shanahan and McDaniels from 1993-2009;
-Rick Dennison was tutored by Alex Gibbs who has been Assistant HC on a number of teams.

A smart man like Rick Dennison who played offense in college, defense in the NFL, coached ST, OL and was an OC in the NFL while finding time to have two engineering degrees (civil & mechanical) does not have to answer to your or anyone else's logic concerning what and how much football he knows, whence his knowledge comes or how he plans to synthesize it.

Twenty-six years in the NFL is a lot of experience. Coaches pick up a lot from each other, and they know exactly where to go to find what they want. At age 52 Rick Dennison is ready to rejoin John Elway in the effort to make the Denver Broncos competitive again.

getlynched47
01-12-2011, 12:04 PM
And finally, one last opinion piece:

This is how I see it:

Mike Shanahan and Josh McDaniels' faults were NOT in coaching. They were/are excellent coaches. Their coaching was never the issue. The issue was in the personnel department and them having final say over what went on with personnel.

That's the main issue.

Shanahan neglected the defensive line time and time again, and it ultimately cost him his job. His coaching was not an issue, it was his inability to rebuild the defensive line through the draft that got him fired.

McDaniels wasted draft picks after draft picks and did not draft one single defensive lineman in his tenure. Heck, his first 5 picks in the 2010 draft were all offense! Not to mention his stupidity of trading draft picks for washed up players (Maroney, Hochstein, etc.), but also trading talented players for much less value in the draft (Alphonso Smith, Tony Scheffler, Peyton Hillis, etc.).
That is what cost Josh McDaniels his job.

Rick Dennison was taught to coach under two immensely smart coaches in Shanahan and McDaniels. He is not slouch either when it comes to being smart. Coaching will not be the issue, because Dennison will know how to prepare his players for gameday. The thing we have to be careful with is with personnel.
But I don't think this will be much of an issue.
Rick Dennison would not have full control over personnel if he was the head coach. Hopefully, Xanders will draft defense with his new GM powers (I'm sure he didn't have much say under McDaniels), and draft GOOD players.
We need to build through the draft.

Let's be clear: Dennison is more than qualified to be the head coach of the Denver Broncos. He's learned under two of the smartest minds in football (Shanahan, McDaniels). Now that the front office is limiting the power of the head coach in terms of personnel, our new head coach will have more chances to succeed because they aren't messing in personnel, something they should leave to the GM.

Just my opinion

UnderArmour
01-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Great, now who does he bring in to coach the defense?

camdisco24
01-12-2011, 12:34 PM
I really hope Dennison gets the job. He's got the potential I like, and the experience we NEED.

Dirk
01-12-2011, 12:35 PM

Mangini? :confused:

broncofaninfla
01-12-2011, 12:38 PM
with so many players endorsing him and hearing how much he loves the organization, he is my favorite candidate to date.

getlynched47
01-12-2011, 12:38 PM

I guess we'll just have to wait until Rick Dennison is named the new head coach next week :D

The Experience
01-12-2011, 12:44 PM

Greg Manusky and Rob Ryan are my 2 favorites.

silkamilkamonico
01-12-2011, 12:52 PM
I guess we'll just have to wait until Rick Dennison is named the new head coach next week :D

Will he continue to neglect the defense? He will if he's a true Denver Bronco ala Shanahan and Kubiak style!

Lancane
01-12-2011, 12:53 PM
Will he continue to neglect the defense? He will if he's a true Denver Bronco ala Shanahan and Kubiak style!

Or maybe he'll be more like Dan Reeves and consider it highly important! ;)

tomjonesrocks
01-12-2011, 01:08 PM
As it seems we are relegated to retreads, never-provens, and table scraps, I hope you are right. Seems Dennison is one of the coaches no one but Denver is interested in, which not coincidentally means he's at the top of the board.

I could be wrong, but didn't the team interview Dennison 2 years ago (when coaches actually wanted to be in Denver) ? I thought he was interviewed and passed over by multiple candidates--but again, perhaps I am off on this.

Have been saying after what McD has done we'd be stuck with a interim nobody coach to up the talent and regain respectability. Appears that notion was right.

The Glue Factory
01-12-2011, 01:11 PM

Hopefully Tebow won't be crippled by a Dan Reeves style offense either!

silkamilkamonico
01-12-2011, 01:15 PM

That would not be a good thing for Tim Tebow!

Lancane
01-12-2011, 01:18 PM
Hopefully Tebow won't be crippled by a Dan Reeves style offense either!

I thought we were talking about Dennison, not Fox? :confused:

Lancane
01-12-2011, 01:19 PM
That would not be a good thing for Tim Tebow!

Only if he decided to be more like Reeves' offensively, but I don't see that happening.

MasterShake
01-12-2011, 01:23 PM
My only fear is that what "once was" may not be good enough anymore. Hopefully if we hire Dennison (which I have no problem with) he brings in some new slants on old ideas. The league passed up Shannahan by taking his system that he tweaked and improving it even more. And now everyone is chasing the Bellicheck model. I hope its a mix of running the ball down peoples throats and forcing the ball back on defense through three and outs and turnovers. Our defense lately seems to be waiting for opportunities instead of creating them.

That being said, I have NO DOUBT the 1998 Denver Broncos in their prime could beat any team in the NFL today! :woot:

MileHighCrew
01-12-2011, 01:36 PM
That being said, I have NO DOUBT the 1998 Denver Broncos in their prime could beat any team in the NFL today! :woot:

:salute:

The Glue Factory
01-12-2011, 01:58 PM

Basically saying what you said here:

Only if he decided to be more like Reeves' offensively, but I don't see that happening.

Agent of Orange
01-12-2011, 02:13 PM
I think if Dennison is hired, I wonder if he would make Greg Knapp the offensive coordinator. Greg Knapp has worked for offenses that have used the ZBS in Atlanta, Oakland, and Houston, and he has also worked with Vick back when Vick was too lazy.

Lancane
01-12-2011, 02:26 PM
I think if Dennison is hired, I wonder if he would make Greg Knapp the offensive coordinator. Greg Knapp has worked for offenses that have used the ZBS in Atlanta, Oakland, and Houston, and he has also worked with Vick back when Vick was too lazy.

Knapp has worked with Michael Vick, Steve Young, Jeff Garcia (During his Pro-Bowl days) and Matt Shaub.

Agent of Orange
01-12-2011, 02:31 PM
Knapp has worked with Michael Vick, Steve Young, Jeff Garcia (During his Pro-Bowl days) and Matt Shaub.

Yeah, all mobile QBs (save Schaub) at various stages of progression. Greg Knapp seems almost like an ideal fit for Tebow and the offense in general.

Ravage!!!
01-12-2011, 02:41 PM
The NFL is using systems from the 1950s. McD's spread offense is nothing different than they used back in the day of leather helmets. The "wild _____ " offense that teams try today and young kids think is new and innovative, is nothing new than the single wing. None of the systems are "out dated" or "passed by" in the NFL. Shanahan wasn't "passed by" and nothing Dennison brings to the table will be "passed by."

What I do like about Dennision, is that he has a lot of experience under very good coaches. Has learned from the best in teh business, whether that be Shanahan or Gibbs. He's had success in every position he's coached, and I believe will know the importance of quality coordinators.

The more I think about this pick.... the more I like it. The more I see it being the right direction.

getlynched47
01-12-2011, 05:00 PM

Tebow is a bigger, faster, stronger version of Jake Plummer.

I think he would excel with bootleg passes and a dominant running game.

arapaho2
01-12-2011, 05:46 PM
The NFL is using systems from the 1950s. McD's spread offense is nothing different than they used back in the day of leather helmets. The "wild _____ " offense that teams try today and young kids think is new and innovative, is nothing new than the single wing. None of the systems are "out dated" or "passed by" in the NFL. Shanahan wasn't "passed by" and nothing Dennison brings to the table will be "passed by."

What I do like about Dennision, is that he has a lot of experience under very good coaches. Has learned from the best in teh business, whether that be Shanahan or Gibbs. He's had success in every position he's coached, and I believe will know the importance of quality coordinators.

The more I think about this pick.... the more I like it. The more I see it being the right direction.

makes more sense than fox:coffee:

Lancane
01-12-2011, 06:06 PM
makes more sense than fox:coffee:

Right now Big Bird and Captain Kangaroo make more sense then Fox! :D

nevcraw
01-12-2011, 06:44 PM
I've had this posted up at mania for a while, but I thought I'd bring it here to share with you guys. Just to gauge your thoughts on Rick Dennison:

Hire Rick Dennison as the head coach.

Here me out:

He was a linebacker in the NFL

He was a special teams coach

He is an offensive-line coach and an offensive coordinator for the Houston Texans.

He has background in all 3 phases of the game.

He has history with the Denver Broncos.

That's the candidate I'm endorsing. :salute:

EDIT:

Rick Dennison's credentials and resume that qualify him (Courtesy of Hadez)

Played linebacker for the Denver Broncos

1995 to 1996 - offensive assistant with Broncos
1997 to 2000 - ST Coach with the Broncos
2001 to 2005 - OL coach with Broncos
2006 to 2008 - Bronco OC/OL coach
2009 - Bronco OL Coach (Mike McCoy fully took the OC)
2010 - Houston - OC

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1156140#post1156140

Preach:choir

Bosco
01-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Want To Restore Denver Broncos Football To What It Once Was?

You mean soft, situational poor football?

No thanks.

Rick Dennison has a long ways to go before I'd be comfortable with him as a head coach. He's only been a coordinator in name only, so when you get right down to it he's got a bunch of years as a glorified positional coach. That's not nearly enough preparation to be able to take over the head coaching role.

Now if Kubiak actually lets him run the offense for a couple years down in Houston and he puts together some decent offenses, then we can talk.

TXBRONC
01-12-2011, 10:12 PM
I would rather take a chance on Dennison than some immature 33 year old who has terrible people skills and wouldn't know smart, tough, physical football if came up and kicked him in the ass.

Superchop 7
01-12-2011, 10:40 PM
I believe he is the right person for the job. I have confidence in his abilities. His personality is a perfect fit for players and the front office. He understands all three phases of the game, with the passion necessary for balance.

Elevation inc
01-12-2011, 10:51 PM

i wouldnt be suprised to see mangini come in.......

jhildebrand
01-12-2011, 10:51 PM
Shanahan wasn't "passed by" and nothing Dennison brings to the table will be "passed by."

You're right, Rav, in that there is nothing new in football. From option football to spread it has all been done before and will come en vogue again at some point.

However, to say the Shanahan style of football hasn't been passed by seems incorrect to me. Defenses are faster, bigger, and stronger than ever. Using undersized, fast O linemen rarely results in a mismatch favoring the Offense. That is the precise reason why Denver always seemed to lose to the "physical" teams as they do in Washington and Houston now. Team's have found a way to defend it. The days of jumping up on teams with 14 points making the D one dimensional are gone.

What is it you see from Houston or Washington at this point that makes you confident that system can produce 11 wins and a SB run at this point?

jhildebrand
01-12-2011, 10:54 PM
As it seems we are relegated to retreads, never-provens, and table scraps, I hope you are right. Seems Dennison is one of the coaches no one but Denver is interested in, which not coincidentally means he's at the top of the board.

I could be wrong, but didn't the team interview Dennison 2 years ago (when coaches actually wanted to be in Denver) ? I thought he was interviewed and passed over by multiple candidates--but again, perhaps I am off on this.

Have been saying after what McD has done we'd be stuck with a interim nobody coach to up the talent and regain respectability. Appears that notion was right.

It has been reported that Dennison had the best interview by far the last time around.

Elevation inc
01-12-2011, 10:55 PM
You mean soft, situational poor football?

No thanks.

Rick Dennison has a long ways to go before I'd be comfortable with him as a head coach. He's only been a coordinator in name only, so when you get right down to it he's got a bunch of years as a glorified positional coach. That's not nearly enough preparation to be able to take over the head coaching role.

Now if Kubiak actually lets him run the offense for a couple years down in Houston and he puts together some decent offenses, then we can talk.

actually he was the OC and playcaller this year for houston....you know the team with that sweet run game and very good all round offense......

Agent of Orange
01-12-2011, 10:57 PM
You're right, Rav, in that there is nothing new in football. From option football to spread it has all been done before and will come en vogue again at some point.

However, to say the Shanahan style of football hasn't been passed by seems incorrect to me. Defenses are faster, bigger, and stronger than ever. Using undersized, fast O linemen rarely results in a mismatch favoring the Offense. That is the precise reason why Denver always seemed to lose to the "physical" teams as they do in Washington and Houston now. Team's have found a way to defend it. The days of jumping up on teams with 14 points making the D one dimensional are gone.
What is it you see from Houston or Washington at this point that makes you confident that system can produce 11 wins and a SB run at this point?

More of the same myth.

Superchop 7
01-12-2011, 10:59 PM
And just so I said it......I'd love to see Haley try to stick his finger in Dennisons face.

jhildebrand
01-12-2011, 10:59 PM
More of the same myth.

What myth is that?

red98
01-12-2011, 11:01 PM
actually he was the OC and playcaller this year for houston....you know the team with that sweet run game and very good all round offense......

I don't think he was the play caller.

It's funny though. Some people said the same things about Kubes when he was hired in TX after not really getting any interviews for several years.

They said he wasn't calling the plays (mostly true for most of his time in Denver)
and was nothing more than a glorified position coach.

Agent of Orange
01-12-2011, 11:02 PM
What myth is that?

The same one that was already shot down a page or two ago. But, I guess, since it wasn't on this page, it didn't happen, right?

You gotta love the internet.

tomjonesrocks
01-12-2011, 11:08 PM
It has been reported that Dennison had the best interview by far the last time around.

If that's right, my bad. I thought I read the best interviews were McD and Morris and that Dennison and Spags didn't impress.

I hope supporters are right since it seems we're getting Dennison. Seems like a Raiders hire to me though. Someone inside the organization no one else wants. What a coincidence. Doesn't mean it won't work--but I don't know why I should be excited right now.

jhildebrand
01-12-2011, 11:09 PM
The same one that was already shot down a page or two ago. But, I guess, since it wasn't on this page, it didn't happen, right?

You gotta love the internet.

By all means, point me to it (link). I have yet to see it and it sure isn't in this thread because I have read all 3 pages.

So Shanahan's system here wasn't in anyway responsible for his 24-24 record over the last 3 years? :confused: It was all just misfortune...right? The incessant comments on these boards and by experts that the "finesse" of Shanahan teams does not match up well against physical teams-Jax, TB, Balt had very good success against Shanahan.

Agent of Orange
01-12-2011, 11:13 PM
By all means, point me to it (link). I have yet to see it and it sure isn't in this thread because I have read all 3 pages.

So Shanahan's system here wasn't in anyway responsible for his 24-24 record over the last 3 years? :confused: It was all just misfortune...right? The incessant comments on these boards and by experts that the "finesse" of Shanahan teams does not match up well against physical teams-Jax, TB, Balt had very good success against Shanahan.

Sorry but I don't really think your version the same myth was better than the one before.

jhildebrand
01-12-2011, 11:17 PM
Sorry but I don't really think your version the same myth was better than the one before.

What the hell are you trying to say? First you say this "myth" was debuked a couple of pages ago. WRONG. I asked you to provide a link to the so called myth being debunked and you come at me with this shit. So far your posting history says you are here to flame and troll.

Furthermore, I provided plenty of argument to debate and attack and all you could muster is your lousy attempt at 5th grade logic. Good job.

Agent of Orange
01-12-2011, 11:20 PM
What the hell are you trying to say? First you say this "myth" was debuked a couple of pages ago. WRONG. I asked you to provide a link to the so called myth being debunked and you come at me with this shit. So far your posting history says you are here to flame and troll.

Furthermore, I provided plenty of argument to debate and attack and all you could muster is your lousy attempt at 5th grade logic. Good job.

I'm done. I've spent enough time waiting for you to find the runway. You're on your own now.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-12-2011, 11:20 PM
I don't think he was the play caller.

It's funny though. Some people said the same things about Kubes when he was hired in TX after not really getting any interviews for several years.

They said he wasn't calling the plays (mostly true for most of his time in Denver)
and was nothing more than a glorified position coach.

And now look at poor Gary Kubiak. Great offense, shit defense, no playoffs, fighting for his job, just got forced to replace his DC because he wouldn't hire someone who could get the job done. Instead he hired a "friend".

This is what Broncos fans want back in Denver? Kubiak made EVERY mistake Shanahan made... almost to a "T". And Dennison, who only ever learned from Kubes and Shanny, will be different how?

jhildebrand
01-12-2011, 11:24 PM
I'm done. I've spent enough time waiting for you to find the runway. You're on your own now.

Keep talkin outta your ass. You are the one who bothered to flame me boldly proclaiming that my argument was debunked "a couple of pages back" yet failed to provide the actual post debunking it. Twice I have asked you to point out precisely where this so called debunking took place. Twice I have also provided my subjective opinion as to why Shanahan's system wont be successful in today's NFL. Yet all you can do is reply with garbage like "you're on your own now." WTF does that mean? I am on my own with everything. Do me a favor, grow up or don't bother responding to my posts.

red98
01-12-2011, 11:33 PM
And now look at poor Gary Kubiak. Great offense, shit defense, no playoffs, fighting for his job, just got forced to replace his DC because he wouldn't hire someone who could get the job done. Instead he hired a "friend".

This is what Broncos fans want back in Denver? Kubiak made EVERY mistake Shanahan made... almost to a "T". And Dennison, who only ever learned from Kubes and Shanny, will be different how?

My point was that they were wrong. Kubes knows how to run an offense, his team has done well in that area.

But I also knew that you or someone else on this thread would point out what you did.

It's a good point too.

Will Rico be all about the "O" and let the "D" rot like his mentors did? That would be a disaster. I don't think he will but we don't know for sure.

My first question if Rico get's hired is going to be "Who's the DC and will you let him do his thing and give him what he needs?

Also if we don't draft Fairley or other Dline with the 2 pick we'll know the defense is doomed, again.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-12-2011, 11:34 PM
My point was that they were wrong. Kubes knows how to run an offense, his team has done well in that area.

But I also knew that you or someone else on this thread would point out what you did.

It's a good point too.

Will Rico be all about the "O" and let the "D" rot like his mentors did? That would be a disaster. I don't think he will but we don't know for sure.

My first question if Rico get's hired is going to be "Who's the DC and will you let him do his thing and give him what he needs?

Also if we don't draft Fairley or other Dline with the 2 pick we'll know the defense is doomed, again.

Exactly, that's why I don't want to take the risk that Rico will be that guy. Give me a defensive HC, please.

Bosco
01-12-2011, 11:36 PM

Exactly. Zone blocking worked great back in the day when the big defensive lines weren't nearly as athletic as they are now. Now that's all changed, thanks mainly to the success of the ZBS, and the change it spurred has killed it's effectiveness. Now for the ZBS to be effective you have to make the same commitment to large, athletic blockers as everyone else.

I don't think he was the play caller. He wasn't. You can watch their games and clearly see that it's Kubiak with the playcard, calling plays into the quarterback.

and was nothing more than a glorified position coach. Actually, Shanahan...much to my chagrin...turned over play calling to Kubiak in late 2000 or 2001, so Kubiak had 5 or 6 years as a play caller before he left Denver. Even then, it took him 4 years to field a top 10 offense in Houston.

Bosco
01-12-2011, 11:37 PM

Amen.

jhildebrand
01-12-2011, 11:41 PM
Exactly. Zone blocking worked great back in the day when the big defensive lines weren't nearly as athletic as they are now. Now that's all changed, thanks mainly to the success of the ZBS, and the change it spurred has killed it's effectiveness. Now for the ZBS to be effective you have to make the same commitment to large, athletic blockers as everyone else.

It's been debunked Bosco. Despite myself, and now you, pointing out the younger, stronger, faster D's, that has nothing to do with Shanahan's system and his inability to go greater than 8-8 in his last 4 seasons coaching.

Actually, Shanahan...much to my chagrin...turned over play calling to Kubiak in late 2000 or 2001, so Kubiak had 5 or 6 years as a play caller before he left Denver. Even then, it took him 4 years to field a top 10 offense in Houston.

Heimerdinger had playcalling too.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-12-2011, 11:51 PM

But you know who never did? Dennison. When it finally became Rick's turn, Shanny gave the job to Bates... :listen:

jhildebrand
01-12-2011, 11:52 PM
But you know who never did? Dennison. When it finally became Rick's turn, Shanny gave the job to Bates... :listen:

A kid. A kid that is now making a name for himself again with Seattle. That's the kind of guy we want! A guy who can take the position and make it their own and put their stamp on it. Not one of the good ol boys.

Lancane
01-12-2011, 11:57 PM

A kid. A kid that is now making a name for himself again with Seattle. That's the kind of guy we want! A guy who can take the position and make it their own and put their stamp on it. Not one of the good ol boys.

And Fox is likely to keep McCoy, that will help Tebow...:rolleyes:

Bosco
01-13-2011, 12:02 AM
It's been debunked Bosco.
Despite myself, and now you, pointing out the younger, stronger, faster D's, that has nothing to do with Shanahan's system and his inability to go greater than 8-8 in his last 4 seasons coaching. Hell, even Shanny knew it. He started to bring in bigger linemen over his last few years. Kuper, Holland, Clady, Harris...all good sized linemen who he probably would have passed over years earlier.

The days of staffing your offensive line with a bunch of sub 300lb guys and expecting to have success are over.

Heimerdinger had playcalling too. Yep, him too. Shanahan hasn't done his own playcalling since the turn of the century. Oddly enough that is when he teams really started to fall off. Playcalling is his best asset and to give that up is foolish IMO.

Bosco
01-13-2011, 12:03 AM
And Fox is likely to keep McCoy, that will help Tebow...:rolleyes:

I shudder at the thought.

sneakers
01-13-2011, 12:30 AM
I dunno, he only had 6.5 career sacks...you think that will help out our pass rush :lol:

Agent of Orange
01-13-2011, 03:34 AM
It's been debunked Bosco. Despite myself, and now you, pointing out the younger, stronger, faster D's, that has nothing to do with Shanahan's system and his inability to go greater than 8-8 in his last 4 seasons coaching.

Some RB #s from 2006 against some noteworthy 3-4 teams

at New England: 27-123
Baltimore: 19-92
San Diego: 20-90
@ San Diego: 17-116

I just looked at 2006, which wasn't even the best season as far as the running game goes.

You guys are speaking in truisms but you're wrong. For what you say to be true, this wouldn't be happening.

In 2008, the most physical team Denver played against was probably the Jets, with Kris Jenkins. Hillis had over 100 yards that game and Wiegmann dominated Jenkins.

You guys don't even know what you're talking about and should stop pretending that you do.

The Glue Factory
01-13-2011, 12:44 PM
Hell, even Shanny knew it. He started to bring in bigger linemen over his last few years. Kuper, Holland, Clady, Harris...all good sized linemen who he probably would have passed over years earlier.

The days of staffing your offensive line with a bunch of sub 300lb guys and expecting to have success are over.

Yep, him too. Shanahan hasn't done his own playcalling since the turn of the century. Oddly enough that is when he teams really started to fall off. Playcalling is his best asset and to give that up is foolish IMO.

And something both of you are overlooking is players. A lot (not all, not some, probably somewhere around 50% give or take some) of the consecutive 8-8 seasons was due to 32 players that were released by McD that NEVER PLAYED IN THE NFL AGAIN! I'm not knocking the drafting of the Broncos but highlighting the fact that we had substandard talent on the team. If anything Shanny REALLY coached them up just to get to an 8-8 season. Which would further argue that Shanny's systems still does well when it has the talent it needs.

jhildebrand
01-13-2011, 12:52 PM
Some RB #s from 2006 against some noteworthy 3-4 teams

at New England: 27-123
Baltimore: 19-92
San Diego: 20-90
@ San Diego: 17-116

I just looked at 2006, which wasn't even the best season as far as the running game goes.

You guys are speaking in truisms but you're wrong. For what you say to be true, this wouldn't be happening.

In 2008, the most physical team Denver played against was probably the Jets, with Kris Jenkins. Hillis had over 100 yards that game and Wiegmann dominated Jenkins.

You guys don't even know what you're talking about and should stop pretending that you do.

What was the record in those games? Furthermore, i find it outright hillarious you are telling us we don't know what we are talking about when you are cherry picking a few stats. :lol: Failed logis is failed logic. Whatever though.

Finally, nobody is arguing that Shanahan's ZBS doesn't produce some good running and rushing production. YAY! Look Ryan Torain had some great games this year. At the end of the day, the team still lost more than they won.

The bottom line is wins and losses. Shanahan is now 4 games under .500 in his last 4 seasons. Oh and by the way, Tater had a great game running the ball against the chargers that last game a few years back. I think he had 100 yards on 11 carries or close to it and shanny all but abandoned the run almost immediately. Some yards for a RB can be garbage just like Orton had a bunch of Garbage time yards.

But keep on insulting people here like you have been doing by telling us we don't know what we are talking about. Even better keep following it up with your garbage. It will be fun. Besides, you wont be on these forums long at the rate you are going.

getlynched47
01-13-2011, 04:21 PM
But I would love Rick Dennison as our offensive coordinator, since he missed out as the head coach :(

The dominant running game along with play-action/bootleg passes would be PERFECT for Tim Tebow.

I think of Tebow as a faster, stronger, and bigger version of Jake Plummer. Plummer excelled in the Shanahan/Dennison offense.

Tim Tebow would thrive in it.