PDA

View Full Version : Why this game will serve us big time later...

WARHORSE
09-15-2008, 02:16 AM
After watching the game, only one thing came to mind, and one thing only............

ATTA BABEEEE!!!!!

ATTA BABEEEE!!!!!

When the Boston Celtics were going into the sixth games with the likes of Atlanta, Cleveland and Detroit.........I remember thinking to myself that it was actually really good for them. The reason why was because they were putting themselves in pressure situations, and do or die moments. Having never been to the playoffs as a team, these games served them HUGELY in their mentality to overcome odds, and step up in pressure situations. It allowed them to never get tight, especially in the series with the LAKERs when EVERY game is a big game. They got playoff experience, on the way to the finals championship.

From a pick at the goaline, to a fumble that cost them to go third and ten instead of third and short, AS WELL as a two point conversion with EVERYTHING on the line...................this gives the Broncos some real swagger.............MAINLY the man wearing the number 6 on his uniform.

Lets just say we spent the first half making the Chuggers look like oatmeal. It may have made the offense a little cocky. In the end though, we scored almost at will against a mean defense.

Dont bother tryin to talk to me about defensive woes. Dont bother talkin about the refs gave us the game. I dont wanna hear it, and Im fired up n dont give a bald mans last hair what anyone else thinks. That is that San Diego Chiggers, and thats the same team with ALL WORLD talent, not to mention the team that half the nation picked to win the superbowl this year. The only thing that stopped our offense, was us. If not for our own penalties, miscues, or whatevers, we just ate up one of the best defenses in the league.
First drive, we killed ourselves. The Cutler INT, he should have thrown out of the back of the endzone.

Before you move to throat our defense, remember, the Chargers have a very good offense. Our defense held them a number of times well enough for us to win the game. Boss Bailey shouldnt have played imo, after missing the entire preseason, I think maybe he should have sat out another game.

This team is young, this team is just finding themselves, and as the season goes on, they can only get better. Just look at what theyre doing after playing only one preseason together. The defense needs to find themselves, and if we have to, make a trade now to get players we can use.

Our safeties suck, let me throw that out there right now. Someone needs to go tap Lynch's phone number into their cells, and ask him to please come back and help us stop the run.......BTW John......no hard feelings.

Talk about the big four coming up huge. Brandon, Scheff, Royal and Cutler all came up with aces. Stokely was clutch. And if we ever need Torain to come home soon, its this year.

We should have been running the ball more, and the run blocking got sloppy in the third quarter.

SHANAHAN IS PLAYER OF THE GAME, FOR GOING FOR IT AT THE END.......:beer::salute::salute::salute::salute:

BRONCOS OR DIE BABY.

Azzz right. Warhorse is feelin it. lol............

G_Money
09-15-2008, 02:23 AM
I disagree with you on defensive woes, but we'll just agree to disagree and hope that future tests prove out more in your direction than mine.

I still think anyone who believes Norv Turner can make any team a Super Bowl team just doesn't know enough about Norv Turner - but you're right about the talent on SD. Last year we were totally outclassed. This year we were only defensively outclassed, and our offense made their D look like a sieve. That's a nice 12 month turnaround.

And I agree that these sorts of high-caliber, high-stress games are good for everyone. Coaches, players, and even fans. The fans who remembered how to cheer all game. Who stomped feet and chanted and were into the entire 60 minutes.

If we intend to win things in the future, like shiny football trophies, then everybody has to remember what that winning thing feels like, and how to contribute to it. This was a good game for everyone in that regard.

~G