PDA

View Full Version : What Is The Number One Thing To Look For In a Headcoach?

WARHORSE
01-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Well, as reported by PFT, the Broncos have determined that they will be very media friendly in their approach to finding their new HC. If you go on to the home website, there are vids on both Dennison and Koetter and Fewell.

I believe this is may be a factor in the decisions of some of the HC candidates to drop out. They may view it as a circus more than a football team.
Well, that has the potential for development, thats for sure, but it also has the taste of the internet age. So this may be very wise.

As I looked at some of the guys interviewing, the question came to me, what would be the number one thing I would look for?

Alot of things came to mind.

Ultimately, after thinking on this for awhile, I have decided.

There simply isnt one thing that you can look for only. There have to be a few things. So I have upped the ante.

What are the top five things they must have?

Once again, I have come to a decision:

1. They must have a burning desire to be the best at what they do.

2. They understand the need to expect those around them to be the same way and are able to inspire that fire within others if they arent there, rather than simply expecting it.

3. They understand that their desire to achieve must be able to flex within the organization. There are others there that have a burning desire to succeed as well, and he has to understand the need to allow that, while keeping it within the framework of the organizational goal. Keeping everyone movin in the same direction. That means sometimes saying no to others ideas while at the same time inspiring them to keep going.

4. Inspire communication, which leads to unity.

5. Must know his strengths and weaknesses, as being able to learn the same from those around him.

You might think I didnt say anything about football.

But I did. I said alot.;)

Thoughts?

chazoe60
01-11-2011, 06:57 PM
I'm going to mention two things, obviously there are countless qualities that are important in a HC. But here's two I'm going to point out

1. Well rounded football knowledge. If you look at the beat HCs they are guys who may have an expertise in one thing but are still well rounded when it comes to the other facets.

2. The ability to surround themselves with smart people and trust them to do their job. This is self explanatory.

I point out these two specific qualities because I believe they were the two biggest failings of our last HC.

Agent of Orange
01-11-2011, 07:05 PM
He needs to have beautiful eyes.

GEM
01-11-2011, 07:10 PM
He needs to have beautiful eyes.

And if he smacks his lips, I'm going to smack his mouth.

:lol:

Lancane
01-11-2011, 07:11 PM
All he'd have to say is this...

"Yes, I've heard. Kills defenses by the hundreds, and if he were here he'd consume the Faiders with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his arse. I AM the Head Coach. And I see a whole team of my orange and blue bleeding brothers here in defiance of Faiderism. You have come to fight as free Broncos, and Broncos you are. What would you do for an NFL Championship? Will you fight?"

TXBRONC
01-11-2011, 07:16 PM
All he'd have to say is this...

"Yes, I've heard. Kills defenses by the hundreds, and if he were here he'd consume the Faiders with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his arse. I AM the Head Coach. And I see a whole team of my orange and blue bleeding brothers here in defiance of Faiderism. You have come to fight as free Broncos, and Broncos you are. What would you do for an NFL Championship? Will you fight?"

Not much on originality are you Lancane? :lol:

Seriously I thought it was witty.

Lancane
01-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Not much on originality are you Lancane? :lol:

Seriously I thought it was witty.

Who doesn't want a head coach that can consume defenses with fireballs from his eyes and with lightning bolts from his arse. That's what we need a little attitude, even if it's second-hand sort to speak.

;)

claymore
01-11-2011, 07:25 PM
I want a good manager of men. Someone who isnt the smartest football guy but knows it, and knows where to get the smartest football guys.

I dont want a glorified OC or DC. I want a coach. We dont need a HC yelling at QB's or DB's. We need someone yelling at position coaches.

silkamilkamonico
01-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Great football mind, great X's and O's, someone who knows the game inside out, and someone who delegates in a trusting manner.

Agent of Orange
01-11-2011, 07:30 PM
And if he smacks his lips, I'm going to smack his mouth.

What would you do if you heard him refer to someone as, "the player"?

GEM
01-11-2011, 08:26 PM
What would you do if you heard him refer to someone as, "the player"?

Shove a microphone under his nose and say, "Who cares about the player when the coach is an arrogant, self-fulfilling douchebag" then sit back and catch the answer on mic. :D

WARHORSE
01-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Shove a microphone under his nose and say, "Who cares about the player when the coach is an arrogant, self-fulfilling douchebag" then sit back and catch the answer on mic. :D

Oh yeah. How dumb of me.:shocked:

Almost forgot:

6. Sukillz with a microphone. No real frontman lacks those. :D

Superchop 7
01-11-2011, 10:39 PM
Dirty knees and speaks French

HORSEPOWER 56
01-11-2011, 10:40 PM
Umm, I would like to go with - NOT SUCKING.

But I think I'll go with - WINNING SOME MOTHER ******* GAMES.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-11-2011, 10:42 PM

Why, do you like lip smacking as an answer? :heh:

nevcraw
01-12-2011, 12:36 AM
Leader of ****ing men. knows how to inspire, delegate, and think on his feet..

Hire well and Teach!
The X's and O's should be the job of your O and D nd ST coord.