PDA

View Full Version : For those that want Rivera as coach.......

cardoso
01-11-2011, 09:38 AM
Now I'm not saying he's not a good defensive coordinator but before this season he's been interviewed for a head coaching position 9 different times and has never been offered a head coaching position by any of those teams. Do you think there is something that all these teams see in their interviews with him that make them not offer him a job? The broncos didn't even request an interview him. I'm ok with him not being our coach because if you've interviewed 9 times for a position and failed to get the job each time that's kind of a warning sign to me. Now he could very well be going to carolina this year, but I was just curious if anyone ever thought about why he never got offered any hc jobs.

BroncoJoe
01-11-2011, 09:41 AM
I've been thinking the exact same thing.

TXBRONC
01-11-2011, 09:47 AM
I don't know, it could be a warning signing. Maybe he's not good doing job interviews which doesn't mean he couldn't make a good head coach.

Ravage!!!
01-11-2011, 12:48 PM
As mentioned in another thread, but should be taken seriously. I'm pretty sure the reason he's been interviewed a lot, has to do with the Rooney Rule. He's been interviewed on several (if not many) occasions with no intension of hiring him, but purely for the sake of meeting requirements.

slim
01-11-2011, 12:55 PM
I don't know, it could be a warning signing. Maybe he's not good doing job interviews which doesn't mean he couldn't make a good head coach.

Yeah, like voting for someone because they are good in front of a camera...not a very wise decision.

Juriga72
01-12-2011, 08:28 PM
Yeah, like voting for someone because they are good in front of a camera...not a very wise decision.

I thought Josh blew them away with a power point presentation....

BUT yeah... I would rather have someone who speaks gibberish in front of cameras much better than a smooth talking person.....

UrbanBounca
01-12-2011, 08:43 PM
You don't have to worry about Denver picking him up because he's already signed with Carolina.

Juriga72
01-12-2011, 08:50 PM
You don't have to worry about Denver picking him up because he's already signed with Carolina.

Oh... I know that... Elway feels that we should get the guy who he is replacing for our coach.

You know.... the guy who has had one winning season in his last 5 years in Carolina....

UrbanBounca
01-12-2011, 09:30 PM
Oh... I know that... Elway feels that we should get the guy who he is replacing for our coach.

You know.... the guy who has had one winning season in his last 5 years in Carolina....

Elway interviewed him, and in my line of work, an interview isn't a guarantee for anything.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums