PDA

View Full Version : I live in LA and....

Tom Nalen
09-15-2008, 01:31 AM
Every single station this whole day seemed to say the referees cost the Chargers the game..Here's what I think and I got to get it out..

I believe on of the reasons Shanny went for it was because he knew inside that the fumble call was wrong...So he let the Chargers stop the Broncos if they could...

Awesome win today!!!:)

sneakers
09-15-2008, 01:44 AM
The Chargers could have stopped them on the 2-point conversion and won the game that way...or they could have stopped them on the previous 9 plays in the drive. So you can't totally blame the refs.

WARHORSE
09-15-2008, 02:21 AM
Shanny went for it cause if we had lost the coin toss, we most likely had lost the game.

GREAT CALL.

Leave it in the hands of our offense.......not defense.

Tned
09-15-2008, 06:28 AM
Shanny went for it cause if we had lost the coin toss, we most likely had lost the game.

GREAT CALL.

Leave it in the hands of our offense.......not defense.

You mean, put in the hands of the...

Wait for it....

Wait for it.....

Wait........

Highest scoring offense in the NFL!!!! :D

omac
09-15-2008, 06:58 AM
You mean, put in the hands of the...

Wait for it....

Wait for it.....

Wait........

Highest scoring offense in the NFL!!!! :D

Wooohooo!!!!!! :whoo:

omac
09-15-2008, 07:00 AM
Tned ..... Highest Scoring Offense in the NFL ..... I hadn't even thought of that. Sounds real good! :rockon:

Tned
09-15-2008, 07:08 AM
Tned ..... Highest Scoring Offense in the NFL ..... I hadn't even thought of that. Sounds real good! :rockon:

The only way we don't go into week 3 as number one, is if the Eagles put up 39 on Dallas tonight (going by memory, but I think they need 38 to tie us and 39 to pull ahead). :D

Retired_Member_001
09-15-2008, 07:13 AM
Chargers fans suck, their arguments are baseless. Just ignore them and enjoy the feeling of 2-0.

Tned
09-15-2008, 07:21 AM
Chargers fans suck, their arguments are baseless. Just ignore them and enjoy the feeling of 2-0.

Man, we would be whining like a cadre of three year old kids if we got screwed over by the refs like SD did. I know, because I have seen it on the message boards before, when we got bad breaks nowhere near as bad as what they got hit with.

claymore
09-15-2008, 07:24 AM
Call it luck or whatever, its about time we catch the breaks IMO.

Retired_Member_001
09-15-2008, 07:32 AM
Man, we would be whining like a cadre of three year old kids if we got screwed over by the refs like SD did. I know, because I have seen it on the message boards before, when we got bad breaks nowhere near as bad as what they got hit with.

We aren't in general as bad as them though.

Tned
09-15-2008, 07:40 AM
We aren't in general as bad as them though.

That's because you are looking at it from a "Broncos's fans" perspective.

NameUsedBefore
09-15-2008, 08:31 AM
I'd be furious if that happened to us.

In fact, it probably would ruin my entire week.

frauschieze
09-15-2008, 08:33 AM
That's because you are looking at it from a "Broncos's fans" perspective.

Isn't that the only perspective that matters? :D

MOtorboat
09-15-2008, 08:33 AM
I'd be furious if that happened to us.

In fact, it probably would ruin my entire week.

Yeah...well I can't stop smiling this morning, so it made my week...lol...I think I might tune into some San Diego radio this morning. That might be entertaining...

MOtorboat
09-15-2008, 08:38 AM
OK...well this dude is really level-headed...apparently an hour ago he was really upset, but he's talked himself down from the ledge.

But...he just proclaimed Phyllis Rivers as THE premier quarterback in the NFL.

MOtorboat
09-15-2008, 08:40 AM
http://www.xxsportsradio.com/pages/main

Marlon McCree...live next segment.

shank
09-15-2008, 08:47 AM

we had the same thing happen to us last year when abdullah recovered a fumble, but it was called incomplete... his was a TD if the refs didn't blow it.

and yeah, the boards were uproarious. :mad:

orangeatheist
09-15-2008, 09:09 AM
Call it luck or whatever, its about time we catch the breaks IMO.

Karma's a bitch, ain't it?

Rivers shouldn't have been running his mouth like that on the Lord's birthday eve last year.

:D

Tned
09-15-2008, 09:12 AM
we had the same thing happen to us last year when abdullah recovered a fumble, but it was called incomplete... his was a TD if the refs didn't blow it.

and yeah, the boards were uproarious. :mad:

Yea, a few years back when Lynch was called on a phantom helmet - to -helmet hit against the Chiefs, they went from a 3rd and long to 1st and goal. The flag was thrown about 5 seconds after the play, and replays show it wasn't helmet to helmet. The forums went wild.

There have been others, too. They don't all come to mind, but the fact is blown calls happen, and some just aren't reviewable by the rules.

As a fan, all you can do is hope that a blown call doesn't cost you a game, and that they even out during the year.