View Full Version : KC beats vike

kcvet
09-23-2007, 03:05 PM
13-10. bowes was tool. LJ stopped dead. but D shines

Watchthemiddle
09-23-2007, 03:43 PM
13-10. bowes was tool. LJ stopped dead. but D shines

You must be soo proud!!!

What a barn burner...shootout...must have been such and exciting game to watch...:rolleyes:

kcvet
09-23-2007, 03:54 PM
You must be soo proud!!!

What a barn burner...shootout...must have been such and exciting game to watch...:rolleyes:

the bolts lost big. your tied with Jax and the faiders .......well

you win a close one yeah fells good. our D is gellin'.

KCL
09-23-2007, 05:03 PM
You must be soo proud!!!

hell yes...it felt good.They finally opened the O up and let Huard go
down field with the ball....that is what I like......LJ couldnt
do anything.Tony G and D Bowe both had a good game!

Jared Allen had a good first game...as well as DJ and TH.

KCL
09-23-2007, 05:17 PM
You must be soo proud!!!

Its gotta be better than watching the Denver game!

kcvet
09-23-2007, 05:25 PM
hell yes...it felt good.They finally opened the O up and let Huard go
down field with the ball....that is what I like......LJ couldnt
do anything.Tony G and D Bowe both had a good game!

Jared Allen had a good first game...as well as DJ and TH.

highlight show/stats. BTY we have a kicker:
link (link)

kcvet
09-23-2007, 05:55 PM
broncs lose. 23-14 at home. someone explain that 4th dwn call. that cost denver a chance of winning the game.

KCL
09-23-2007, 06:10 PM
broncs lose. 23-14 at home. someone explain that 4th dwn call. that cost denver a chance of winning the game.

which call? ya mean...going for it on 4th down? That call?

kcvet
09-23-2007, 06:11 PM
23-14 F
why did shanny go for it on 4 th dwn???? what a shocker.

kcvet
09-23-2007, 06:23 PM
which call? ya mean...going for it on 4th down? That call?

yeah right near the end. they went for it on 4th down around or about their own 10. the pass was dropped. and that may have had around 6 mins to play. i don't get that call. at all.

KCL
09-23-2007, 06:24 PM
23-14 F
why did shanny go for it on 4 th dwn???? what a shocker.

I dont know....and that flag for delay of game.
That got called on the Chiefs 2 times.

I think Drummond looked pretty good.Better than Dante.
I see him running one back sooner or later this season.

KCL
09-23-2007, 06:25 PM
yeah right near the end. they went for it on 4th down around or about their own 10. the pass was dropped. and that may have had around 6 mins to play. i don't get that call. at all.

I don't know vet.

kcvet
09-23-2007, 06:27 PM
I dont know....and that flag for delay of game.
That got called on the Chiefs 2 times.

I think Drummond looked pretty good.Better than Dante.
I see him running one back sooner or later this season.

he did run backs better today. im not sure of his speed. he broke free on a run back and really slowed down.

KCL
09-23-2007, 06:40 PM
he did run backs better today. im not sure of his speed. he broke free on a run back and really slowed down.

well that one good one he had was called back from a holding call

topscribe
09-23-2007, 07:08 PM

I have a perfect explanation for it: stupid call. :eviltongue:

-----

kcvet
09-23-2007, 07:19 PM
sure as hell caught me by surprise.

Watchthemiddle
09-23-2007, 07:34 PM
kcvet...KClady...kcvet...KClady...don't you guess have a board ...errr...Chiefs board you can discuss your offensive juggernaut Chiefs and Defensive powerhouse Chiefs at?

You freakin beat the Viks...WHO? The Vikings at Home. By 3....:laugh::laugh:

I wouldn't be getting too terribley excited. Atleast not on some rival board that is.

:coffee:

kcvet
09-23-2007, 08:31 PM
kcvet...KClady...kcvet...KClady...don't you guess have a board ...errr...Chiefs board you can discuss your offensive juggernaut Chiefs and Defensive powerhouse Chiefs at?

I wouldn't be getting too terribley excited. Atleast not on some rival board that is.

so this is an invitation for us to leave??? just because you got stomped today??? show some class. not your A**.

KCL
09-23-2007, 10:27 PM

well if I am not mistaken...the forum IS titled "Other NFL discussion".

and where was your team when they beat the Raiders last week and how many
points did your team beat them by??????????

topscribe
09-23-2007, 10:47 PM

Actually, I am enjoying their conversation. And I think it is healthy that we
can have some discussions like this among other fans. That is one reason we
have this forum, for discussions regarding other teams and by their fans.

-----

Watchthemiddle
09-23-2007, 10:52 PM
Actually, I am enjoying their conversation. And I think it is healthy that we
can have some discussions like this among other fans. That is one reason we
have this forum, for discussions regarding other teams and by their fans.

-----

Sorry Top...thought this was the "duck before entering thread"...therefore we could talk a little smack.

My mistake.

It won't happen again.

I will post my thoughts in another thread and the AFC West standings there as well.

Again, sorry Top for the mis-understanding...it won't happen again. :beer:

omac
09-24-2007, 03:08 AM

I think it had to do with momentum and a lack of confidence on our run-defense. He probably thought we had a better chance of winning taking big gambles with our offense, than relying on our defense to stop the Jaguars from slowly eating away all of the clock.

From what I've read, the pass was good, but just dropped.

omac
09-24-2007, 03:13 AM
And on topic .... Congrats KCLady and kc_vet! Good win for you guys.

I saw the Chiefs x Texans, and I thought Huard was doing a pretty good job, but that his receivers weren't getting it done. I still think you need a better offensive coordinator or head coach, though.

The Vikings have great run defense, and are tougher than most people give them credit for. Good win. :salute:

kcvet
09-24-2007, 08:56 AM
the 1st half was really ugly. the vikes stacked the box full and the OC kept calling run plays. it was really getting old. the crowd was getting really feed up. but in the 2nd qtr it boiled over on the sideline. players were calling each other out. and calling out the coaches. im talking some big time arguments. and finger pointing. not sure if ive seen that before.
it was the pass that saved our A in the 2nd half. they finally cut Hurad loose and he cut up the vikes into small pieces. to be a fly on the wall in that 1/2 time locker room.

Medford Bronco
09-24-2007, 09:09 AM
Its gotta be better than watching the Denver game!

I would take an ugly win over an exciting loss any day of the week.

Also thank you KC, I have won my pool for the 2nd week or at least tied because of your win. Great work :salute:

Denver fans should focus on our team that looks like crap and worry about
Indy, who I am deathly worried about in our current state.

kcvet
09-24-2007, 10:03 AM
Whitlock: Angry players get through to coaches

says it all

story (story)

broncos9697
09-24-2007, 10:11 AM
the 1st half was really ugly. the vikes stacked the box full and the OC kept calling run plays. it was really getting old. the crowd was getting really feed up. but in the 2nd qtr it boiled over on the sideline. players were calling each other out. and calling out the coaches. im talking some big time arguments. and finger pointing. not sure if ive seen that before.
it was the pass that saved our A in the 2nd half. they finally cut Hurad loose and he cut up the vikes into small pieces. to be a fly on the wall in that 1/2 time locker room.

hay kc fans..your WR bowe what a stud he's is and going to make a big name for him self..he is awsome i hate the chiefs being a bronco fan but bowe i love watching him play..he's got to be the go to man now...congrats on the win..

kcvet
09-24-2007, 11:24 AM
hay kc fans..your WR bowe what a stud he's is and going to make a big name for him self..he is awsome i hate the chiefs being a bronco fan but bowe i love watching him play..he's got to be the go to man now...congrats on the win..

he looks big enough to play TE.

omac
09-24-2007, 12:28 PM
says it all

story (story)

Sheesh, even the players are telling the coaches what to do. I wonder if it's better for them to wait till the offseason to change coaches, or to change the coaching staff now and have a head start for next year. If they plan to change the coaches anyway, any development during this regular season will be reset with a new coaching staff next season.

KCL
09-24-2007, 12:35 PM
I am glad that happened. The play calling has been crappy

since week 1. They might as well let Huard call the plays.

The players and fans derserve better than the clowns they got

running the show!

I don't blame all the players for getting ticked and the fans for

booing...maybe they all learned a valueable lesson this past

Sunday!

kcvet
09-24-2007, 12:36 PM
Sheesh, even the players are telling the coaches what to do. I wonder if it's better for them to wait till the offseason to change coaches, or to change the coaching staff now and have a head start for next year. If they plan to change the coaches anyway, any development during this regular season will be reset with a new coaching staff next season.

whats new here??? ive seen this happen to other teams as well. in our case the A** chewing worked. we won.

omac
09-24-2007, 01:10 PM
whats new here??? ive seen this happen to other teams as well. in our case the A** chewing worked. we won.

Yeah, but it's supposed to be the coaches chewing out the players, not the other way around. :D

The way these coaches have been running the Chiefs, would you want them to continue coaching KC next season?

kcvet
09-24-2007, 01:19 PM
Yeah, but it's supposed to be the coaches chewing out the players, not the other way around. :D

The way these coaches have been running the Chiefs, would you want them to continue coaching KC next season?

im telling you I have seen other team players chew out their coaches. you haven't???? where ya been????

omac
09-24-2007, 01:30 PM
im telling you I have seen other team players chew out their coaches. you haven't???? where ya been????

Sorry, I'm not trying to get into any argument. It's more about respect and confidence in your coaches' abilities. I don't think Herm and company have the respect or confidence of their players, and it just erupted in a public display.

Anyway, going back to my question, would you want them to coach KC next season too, based on what they've been doing at KC?

KCL
09-24-2007, 01:33 PM
Sorry, I'm not trying to get into any argument. It's more about respect and confidence in your coaches' abilities. I don't think Herm and company have the respect or confidence of their players, and it just erupted in a public display.

Anyway, going back to my question, would you want them to coach KC next season too, based on what they've been doing at KC?

Well even tho we lost to the Colts...we did go to the POs with Herm
in his 1st yr at KC...I will reserve my answer til the end of the season.

sometimes the coaches need a wake up call.If their screwing up,I see
nothing wrong with the players letting them know...after all they are
earning a pretty good paycheck too and have to be held accountable.

Astrass
09-24-2007, 01:51 PM
So is it LJ or the Oline that is in a slump? Or is it the coarch? What's going on with the running game over there?

kcvet
09-24-2007, 02:01 PM

yes. everyone except Solori. we need a new OC.

kcvet
09-24-2007, 02:03 PM
So is it LJ or the Oline that is in a slump? Or is it the coarch? What's going on with the running game over there?

no !!! the OC is in a slump. the slump as you call may be over. the running is called by the OC. we need a more aggresive OC. period.

omac
09-24-2007, 09:18 PM
no !!! the OC is in a slump. the slump as you call may be over. the running is called by the OC. we need a more aggresive OC. period.

I agree; and maybe not just agressive, but more creative.